Reviews of Hotel Roma Aurelia Antica 4 stars

Vía Aldobrandeschi 223, Aurelio, 00163 Rome, Italy

#787 of 968 hotels in Rome

6.2

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Do not recommend this p!Acer.

They said we were to have air conditioning however, it rarely worked or when it did you froze. The electricity kept going out in our room, we were to have a coffee maker but the room didn't have one when we called for one they brought one up but again you had to unplug everything in order for it to work. When we got in, we were very hungry and they have no place to eat except within set hours. Front desk told us to walk a short distance down the road and there was a place to eat. After someone came the 4th time to reset breakers, we asked about the food down the road and he said don't go very dangerous and food places were very far away. He was right! Front desk could have placed us in a dangerous situation. They have a shuttle you pay a minimal few for but hotel is a long way from everything and you need to be sure to be on time at the one pickup and drop off location or take an expensive taxi ride. You cannot bring outside food in, pool is not free and has hours not convenient after a long day of sightseeing. They have managers who micromanage their staff and patrons. Elevators are a gamble, not disabled friendly and to wash a few pair of socks, 3 undershirts and one pair of underwear they charged 58 euro's yet they claimed it was an outside source who charged this ridiculous fee despite our written instructions to not iron any of these items they did it. We could go on with many other bad things as the only good thing was their complimentary breakfast and morning staff, we must say we would never stay here again and it was the worst place we stayed in while visiting 8 countries.

The breakfast and staff in the morning did a great job in a facility that is struggling financially.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

Clean

To far away from the city centre and the shuttle service is inflexible. Cannot bring in food for outside of the hotel. You have to pay to use the pool.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

If you with car it's a good place to stay for night or two

When I came into the hotel, the first thing that I had seen was sign that all food and drinks from outside of hotel forbidden, probably owners think that if I paid for the room I automatically have to eat in their overpriced restaurant and to buy water for 3 euro ... there no kettle in the room and hairdrayer came with thick layer of dust inside, and burning smell while working

The staff was very nice, breakfasts relatively good for the price that we paid

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Comfortable stay in the eternal city
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

It was a little far out however the hotel do provide a good shuttle bus service that is very frequent to the Vatican for €5 return or €3 one way.

The rooms were very clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Was a very nice hotel, higher standard.

Was a bit tricky to find on sat nav but was no major problem!

Was a very nice hotel, higher standard. Room was beautiful. Great stop off during our travels from southern Italy up north.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

the rooms are clean.

On the first day there was a problem with the toilet water. they could not fix it. we got another room that was noisy all night long.

the rooms are clean.

OK For the money. But no way an upmarket hotel.

Some staff were offhand. Male bar man was totally unhelpful almost rude. Breakfast coffee machine made crap coffee. Cold meat platter. In bath shower. Plumbing getting worse for wear.

Some staff. Courtesy bus to Vatican and back with excellent driver. Parking. Gift shop.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Rooms were very comfortable and aircon worked well.
    • Junior Suite (4 Adults)

Pool was not free to use. 5Euro each to use. Breakfast staff not helpful and quite grumpy.

Rooms were very comfortable and aircon worked well. The concierge MR KIMO was very friendly and helpful.

Staff were so friendly and helpful.

Staff were so friendly and helpful. Hotel was very clean, and maid did an amazing job every morning, cleaning, making bed and fresh towels. Pool (5 euro pp) was beautiful, lovely to have the option to take time to relax. Breakfast (10 euro pp) was amazing too. I felt this hotel, offered the opportunity to visit Rome and surrounding areas, and also to relax. The bus service (5 euro pp return) also offered return transport to Vatican City numerous time throughout the day. We throughly enjoyed our stay!

Wonderful stay

Wish they have a baby parking service, that's the only thing missing.

The hotel is clean and the room is too. We arrived at 2:30am and the staff were friendly and welcoming. It was a really relaxing stay. Will definitely book there again the next time I'm in Rome.

Staff were friendly and helpful

I booked this hotel especially to use the fitness facilities and chill by the pool. However the treadmill was out of order for the whole 3 days and there is a charge for using the pool and another charge for pool towels totalling €7 each time you used it. The toilet leaked through the wall the second night and was not fixed so we were left listening to a flushing toilet all night. We were then moved later the next morning to then discover there was no space left at the pool. The hotel is much further from Rome centre or Metro than it appears taking over an hour to get into Rome. With nothing nearby you have to eat at the hotel which is a poor menu and expensive, or travel out. They seem to know this and therefore charge extra for everything!

Staff were friendly and helpful

Cheap but still not worth the money

This hotel is definitely cheap but still not worth the money. This hotel is VERY from anything!!! They have a shuttle, if it’s not full, into town but it only drops you off at the Vatican. From there you’ll have to use the metro to get anywhere else. We ended up going in on the shuttle everyday, which costs 5€ each each way, and taking a cab or Uber back. I knew when I booked it said it was 6km from city center. Thought worst case scenario we could walk back (we’re in pretty good shape)....there is NO WAY you can walk to this place. There is also nothing around it so once you’re back there’s no where to go!!! It’s not filthy but it’s not clean either. The carpet is really old and really gross!!! We had a none smoking room and it wreaked!!! So bad it gave us a headache. The breakfast was also not awesome. There is things you can eat so you won’t starve but it’s not great. All in all this hotel is gross and I can’t tell you enough that it’s VERY FAR from EVERYTHING!!! Cheap for sure but still not worth the money. I’d pay a bit more and stay closer to all the great stuff Rome has to offer!

Beds were comfortable

Carpet was not clean, you can tell its an old carpet.

Carpet was not clean, you can tell its an old carpet. Towels had random hairs on them. I wouldn't call it a 4star, I would rate it a 2-3star. When we checked in the receptionist didn't give us any information about breakfast time.

Horrible, inhospitable, rude
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

There was nothing my family enjoyed about our stay. The entire hotel staff (except Kimo) was extremely rude including the shuttle driver. The beds were hard, no ice, vending machines, or microwave. It was three people sharing a room & they never gave us a fair supply of towels. We received wash clothes only the first day there but after that housekeeping & the front desk declined to supply any more. As I said the staff was just poor in taste all together. I wouldn't recommend nor stay at the property again.

We enjoyed one employee out of our entire stay which was Kimo. We were supposed to stay until Friday but ended our stay on Thursday due to the extreme poor treatment from the entire hotel staff.

Right now, nothing.

first time at this hotel was in 2002, when it was part of Melia chain. Returned 4 more times. got worse every time. bad wi-fi, run down premises, extra fee for pool. I will never return at this hotel. If it states 4 stars, please remove 2.

Right now, nothing. it was a great hotel when it was part of the Melia chain.

Not really a 4 star
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We booked a superior room as it was my partners birthday. When we arrived and went to our room it didnt look as it was in the pictures. The promised tea/ coffee making, bathrobe, slippers, sofa were missing. We went down to the reception and enquired if it was a superior room as it resembled the standard room?. We were told it was superior and they would bring the missing Tea/coffee and slippers no robe. The next morning we spoke to another receptionist and when asked again were told it was only a standard room not a superior. He arranged for us to be moved on moving to the superior we were surprised to find no robe, slippers or coffee/ tea. We were informed by different receptionists that they didnt always supply only if requested????? They then brought them to the room but we were not allowed milk or sachets of creamer they dont supply them ??? You also cannot take drinks from the bar to your room without it being in a plastic cup. It spoilt my partners bday weekend, the swapping and changing of rooms and having to request what was promised. Only shower gel supplied no shampoo, conditioner or body lotion not really 4 star standard as a whole.

There were some lovely staff, young gentleman on reception, the maitre de at breakfast, the bar staff, the coach driver. The shuttle bus to the city was excellent great value for money and the driver was lovely who greeted everyone individually in their language him and the other staff mentioned are an asset to the hotel.

You have to pay for everything in this hotel on top of the price which is not cheap, not ideal

Hotel has great potential if it’s modernised, carpet needs changing, 4 star hotel and you don’t even gets complementary bottle of water, the don’t provide iron in the room, no tea or coffee making facilities , not a chance 🙄

Hotel is clean, ac in the rooms ice cold, facilities are good although you have to pay for everything to use 😔, breakfast is good

Location just out of Rome was great.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was awful not worth 10 euro at all . Coffee served in plastic cups very poor . One of the women on check out was very abrupt not friendly or welcoming

Location just out of Rome was great. Shuttle bus worked well. Pool was lovely but had to pay extra for using it .

The hotel was nice and clean

Food (late launch) was the worst we had in 8 days we stayed in Italy which was disappointing for 4 stars hotel, a requested breakfast in box for 6am was not ready, had to pay for hotel swimming pool and towels, personnel could be more friendly, most of them looked like they had the worst working day ever. At the other hand, the second breakfast we had in this hotel was one of the best we ever had.

The hotel was nice and clean

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

completely nothing.

i wont recommend this to everyone

completely nothing. the location is the worst of the worst, you have no shops at all in the area so if you want to drink something you gonna pay 5€ for a coke. the people who work there suck and they were not polite at all. like for real

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

localization / lokalizacja
    • Family Room

breakfast: no vegetables and fruits, stale bread and rolls every day additional charge for pool also for the hotel guests

localization / lokalizacja pure rooms / czyste pokoje pool / basen

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

The staff is very kind and the price is very good, but it's not a 4 star property.

You had to pay to use the pool. The drop off location for the shuttle was the Vatican rather than the city centre (Piazza Venezia) and I hadn't confirmed that when I booked. You should also upgrade the wifi, but the fee is by device.

Staff, price, restaurant

Thieves and Robbers!

I booked a room for 7 day, after the first night my mate left. As i was seeing him out i came back to my room with housekeeping cleaning my room. After she left I realize that my cosmetics bag was missing and went to tell the front desk. The gentleman with messy hair told me that they dont do stuff like that and that I needed to go back and look again. This is a 5-10 lbs bag with handles. It is not something that could easy be missed placed. They offer me nothing. Didnt take a report. Just called the person in charge of housekeeping. I had all my toiletries in that bag. That i had to repurchase at their store for double the price. I had special sugar and deodorant that you cant find in rome. The lack of concern was something that was quite unnerving. If i preformed at my job in healthcare the way they did. People would die. The staff was very unfriendly and not very helpful. Never smiled. The food was over priced and not appetizing. The rooms very very noisy. Floor above me had no carpet. So all i heard was the scraping of the chair and someone in high heels walking around, every day all day. They charged €5 a day to use the pool( not listed in the Description) and also lied about the airport shuttle, which is why I choose the hotel. To be close to the airport. They charged me double the price of €28 when they told me it was €14. The location is remote and difficult to go anywhere for other food easy or anything. The cater to the conference stayers more than the regular guest. Absolutely the worst hotel experience ever.

The general property could be gorgeous with many updates. Matto at the front desk was always helpful and was the best thing. There was was on other greeter at breakfast that was always happy and kind. Those are the 2 that should be running the place snd maybe in would have be more pleasurable!

It was okay.

That there wasn’t a tea/coffee set just like they mentioned on the site. That you are not allowed to take drinks and food in the room. That as a guest you have to pay € 5,00 to used the swimming pool.And the pool is small for such a big hotel.

Friendly staffs. Comfortable room and clean. My daughter was happy having a WiFi .

Convenient.

The room was quite dirty when we arrived. Lots of dirt on the floor but clean towels and bed linen. The swiming pool could not be used.

The fact that they provided a shuffle to city centre.

ToofarfromRome

Too far out from Rome for site seeing. No surrounding restaurants. Factor in the cost of taxis. Menu choice in restaurant v poor. Paying to use pool smacks of cheapness.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Great value for money. Comfy place to stay
    • Family Room

Shame that you had to pay to use the swimming pool as we were stay b & b I feel that this really should of been free...We went to use the pool late around 5pm on the Thursday after seeing the sights in Rome and kids were desperate to use pool which closes at 7pm and we were still charged €5 per adult and we were only in there 40mins.

Beds were super comfy, family room was spacious, shuttle bus was great way to get to places .At breakfast there was great choice and unlimited items. Hotel was quite and very clean and a great base for our trip to Rome .

a relax day with a pool

WiFi was so slow I couldn’t use google map Had to use data Also the bathtub was extremely high even if I’m 5’7 I had a hard riment going in and out for shower

Pool for 5€ a day Bed comfortable Staff was nice

Would stay at hotel again but would eat somewhere else
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The food lets this hotel down restaurant food was not good and over priced breakfast poor

Hotel lovely and pool great a bit out of the way in a quieter area but do run a shuttle bus into city centre staff really friendly would stay here again if visiting Rome

Recommended
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

There was a lot of work going on renovating, that was fine but a number of times using the lift only to find that the door was blocked off by tape on the ground floor while they were working on the flooring outside it

Staff were polite and informative however the restaurant staff were unable to understand when i complained about the portion sizes

The air conditioning in the rooms and beds were clean and...

Old facilities, everything needs being reformed, booking confirmed a price but we had to pay 54 euros more than it was confirmed by booking, swimming pool is not free of charge either, they charge 5 euros per person for swimming pool, gym is not free either Poor breakfast

The air conditioning in the rooms and beds were clean and comfortable

Only the bar staff very friendly and dilligent!

Staff from Reception very unfriendly. Also on our arrival was a worker doing some work at the ground floor and we were unable to get straight away into our room. We had to take stairs down and up again with our luggage. We also had to pay to use the swimming pool! Breakfast no much variety and main restaurant service was very slow and no very informative. No able to book taxi or coach in advance. No air conditioning in the room. Very HOT!!!

Only the bar staff very friendly and dilligent!

We didn’t feel welcome at all!
    • Junior Suite (4 Adults)

We didn’t feel welcome at all! Most of the staff was ignorant and we felt that we were bothering them with the few questions we had. Regarding the hotel the maintenance was neglected.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Ok for a night or 2 while waiting for your fight

Pool not free . 5 bucks per person ( even for my 18 months boy) 2 bucks per towel. Restaurant pretty bad Personnel not very friendly

Convenience of the hotel location half way between Rome downtown and the airport FCO - 15 min Comfortable and cheap

Happy enough but probably wouldn't stay there again.

Was surprised that there was a charge for using the hotels swimming pool. Lack of variety in the restaurant. The shuttle bus into / out of the city left without my family one evening which was very frustrating.

It was a good base location for a family visiting various historical sites around Rome for a few days.

The room was nice and very cleaned, I really liked it.

The staff was not welcoming at all. Very cold. The internet is very low. I called them from my room to ask since i was there for work, they asked me to get the reception so they would give me a password but once there they wasn't even mind me. I was really disappointed and i would never go back there.

The room was nice and very cleaned, I really liked it. The price was very low provably due to my last minute reservation.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Location is far away from center, but shuttle service is...

They ask a surcharge for access to the swimming pool, sun chairs and towels, which you can only pay cash and not even put on the room. The swimming pool is officially open at 11am, but there is a line for the access and only one man was setting up the chairs at the swimming pool. Had to wait 35 min for a chair... If you ask for additional surcharge, the hotel should at least provide efficient service.

Location is far away from center, but shuttle service is provided at different time intervals to the Vatican City for the price of a subway.

Rooms were spacious, clean and well furnished.

One member of Staff upon arrival was very unhelpful. There was also no mention of an additional cost for using the pool facilities. Taxis and buses are essential for accessing the city centre. Taxis approx (20-25€)

Rooms were spacious, clean and well furnished.

Clean

Location Staff Had to pay extra to use pool Very loud workmen in lobby all day Terrible hotel restaurant Not near any shops, bars or restaurants

Clean

The hotel provided a shuttle bus directly into the city...

The hotel were doing major renovation work to the floor while we were staying so the bar area, which you have to walk through to get to the toilets and the restaurant as well as the pool was sectioned off and extremely dirty. Meaning we could only walk past at certain times and it left the hotel floors and carpets very dirty which wasn't pleasant.

The hotel provided a shuttle bus directly into the city center which was great!

Will not be staying here again.

I do not like doing reviews, but I just couldn’t not review this hotel. Overall the location is very terrible, when we were driving up there were women on the side of the road trying to sell themselves. You pretty much pay for everything too. The shuttle bus is 5€ (round trip) per person per day. You have to pay to use the pool, again 5€ per person, per day. The restaurant is extremely over priced because there is no other restaurants near by. I was also charged more than booking.com told me was my “overall price” instead of paying 183€ I was charged 223€ for the city tax. The hotel only gave us one room key, and in order to have the AC going the key had to be in the slot. While you’re in town, the AC is off because you have the key, so you come back to a hot room. The only way to get an extra key was to again pay extra money. The staff wasn’t very helpful and rude. The wireless internet is very poor as well. I was expecting a lot more from this hotel due to the pictures online, but my expectations were not met.

Private parking One very helpful staff member. An older gentleman who seemed to be a custodial worker. Free printer on site

The location was further than advised.

The location was further than advised. The bus service was not so frequent. The ‘second’ restaurant was closed or reserved for crew members. Breakfast for vegetarians was poor Expensive room service/restaurant food with poor quality No iron in room

Clean, comfortable out in the hills hotel.

The property does charge €5 per person per day for using the pool though so be aware if you book thinking it is in with the price. The property is out of the centre but they do have a bus service that takes you there and back for €5 return which is good. The last bus back is around 10.30pm I think so you have to be back to the hotel by then. We had to get a taxi from Ciampino airport to the hotel which was €66 plus city tax of €12 so €78 in total.

Breakfast was great, a very good selection and always plenty. The staff we're friendly and helpful especially a guy called Kimo and the bus driver.

Quiet place and area

Long distance to Centrum and not much shops in the and busses dont arrive at it's time . At departure the man in the reception forgot to say goodbye and welcome again etc

Quiet place and area

I would never stay here unless it was for one night on my way to somewhere else. It was cheap tho.

The housekeeping staff smoked in the rooms when cleaning, despite the fact that the hotel is allegedly non-smoking. Room stunk when I checked in, but I aired it out as best I could and figured all the rooms probably smelled due to either previously being smoking rooms or having old carpeting. It got significantly worse my last night — walked into the room to the smell of someone having chain-smoked a pack of cigarettes in an enclosed space. Other folks I knew at the hotel reported cigarette smoke in their rooms throughout the week as well. The front desk staff told me this was impossible because the facility is non-smoking. After I repeatedly explained that I don’t smoke, the window was closed, a wall of cigarette smoke hits you when you open the door, etc... they finally sent someone to check out my story. If they hadn’t doubted me I probably would have dropped it, but 🤷🏼‍♀️. They repeatedly told me they were fully booked— I told them that this was unacceptable— I think purely due to the fact that I didn’t make a scene and was sympathetic to them being busy, they finally proffered an upgraded room. This process took over an hour meaning I didn’t get into my new room until around 11pm and had an early flight the next morning. The wifi kind of sucks, but is fine for email. Also they charge 5 euro to use the pool and will only accept cash. Had to take a 10 euro cab ride to find a working atm. Pool is only open from 11am to 7pm. Food at the restaurant is not great, and there are limited options nearby.

Absolutely nothing.

Enjoyed my stay but I think when visiting Rome you need to be nearer the city

Renovations ongoing. A bit too far outside the city. There is a shuttle service €5 return PP. No tea / Coffee making in rooms. No iron in rooms. €5 + €2 per day to use the pool PP. Menu in Restaurant is the same everyday

Sheets and towels changed everyday. Air con in rooms. Bar staff friendly

Don’t waste your money

The location was awful regardless of the bus that takes you to the city it’s just too far if you want to do anything out of the time of the bus. Taxis cost €25-€30 which is extortionate!! Not to mention the food at the restaurant was awful I’m a big foodie and love to cook a real chef wouldn’t have served what we had to eat and there was no we can try make something you like with what we have. Unfortunately the language barrier became a real problem for us we caught the hotel bus to the Vatican and called the hotel to confirm where we’d be picked up from we waited in the spot we were told to wait at for an hour!! With two small babies in 35 degree heat and saw our bus full of ppl drive past we’d been given the wrong the location for pick up. Yet the hotel took no responsibility. Instead just said catch a taxi and we will refund you bus fare which is €5! Taxi would have cost €25 at the least! Our biggest problem was the location getting to and from the Vatican was a nightmare with babies it really is no joy! The hotel didn’t want to help with anything the bottom feeders (staff) genuinely tried to help but the staff higher up in management or front desk didn’t care enough. We spoke with other ppl in the hotel and they said the same thing and felt the same frustration. Unfortunately the staff are deluded that their hotel is amazing when in actuality it’s far from it. Please take my advice and avoid this hotel!! We’ve learnt our lesson scrimping doesn’t pay off!

Some of the staff really did try to help whereas others didn’t care at all.

Did not feel like 4 stars

No information from the hotel that we needed to book a table in the resturante. It was full when we wanted to eat dinner. So we walked to the sports resort to eat. The hotel also charged full prize for use of the swimming pool eventhough we arrived less then one hour before closing time. They also charged extra for towles, and we were not allowed to use the towels from our room. This information was not given until we were in the pool area. The hotel also gave us an already booked room when we first arrived, but arranged a new room quickly. Staff was very neutral - not unfriendly, but no smiles.

Ok sized rooms. Good ac.

Value for money and a nice quiet spot to relax.

the bathroom and toilet could have been cleaner and not a varied choice for breakfast.

free parking and the room was decent and value for money and friendly and helpful staff

Good idea Is the Bus, which is going to the City.

In the firsth Room was Mold on the toilet. The Garage and the Lídr fronty the Garage are wery dirty. The Swimming pool is open from 11 to 19 hour, so it is time, when you are usualy in the City. The Swimming pool Is not free, you must pay. Breakfest are without fruit.

Good idea Is the Bus, which is going to the City.

overall was good.

No coffee facilities in the room. Additional payment to use the swimming pool ..The shower head was In a poor condition. The hotel location is a bit remote.. The hotel uses that situation for people to spend on food and beverages at a higher cost as their are no cafes and restaurants around.

Room size was good, comfortable

Affordable but far.

Too far from Rome city center and not easily accessible by public transportation. He took a taxi back and forth from the hotel and it got very expensive.

Great stay at an affordable price while in Rome.

Fabulous hotel on outskirts with shuttle and outstanding staff.

The pool was arctic cold even in June heatwave. The location was far from downtown so we had to shuttle in and out (30 min each way).

Staff were amazing. The facility was super modern and clean. The shuttle ran quite often.

Frank trash. Rooms are crumbles, cracks, fall apart

Frank trash. Rooms are crumbles, cracks, fall apart. Starting from door handles, latch, skirting boards, platbands, window handles ending with toilets. Fungus, mounting and silicone foam are present in bathroom everywhere. Upholstery furniture, carpets and underwear - in spots and torn. 4 stars is a bust. This is not a hotel, it's a 2 star motel.

The lobby

It’ was the worst place I have ever been, staff were horrible, pay for the pool, room smells of cigarettes, nowhere near Rome If I eat lunch they sit u in the lobby in stead of the restaurant. Run down 80s hotel they just do not care for. AVOID AVOID AVOID

The lobby

Good place to stay, if you by car.

nothing could be written here.

Staff, facilities, cleanless, a pool on a site, a quiet big room. It's okay to get there by car, but don't know how to get via public transport. Free parking/garage. Good value for money indeed. There is a shuttle to the famous attractive places in Rome.

It was good value for the deal we got.

It was quite noisy in the room. We could hear all guests in rooms all around.

It was good value for the deal we got. The room was nice and comfortable and the continental breakfast had some nice options.

Would not recommend...

Non-smoking floor, but smelt like it had been smoked in for 100 years. Mold in the bath tub. The room looked nothing like was shown on the website. Bar staff was extremely rude, especially the guy with slicked back black hair. I’ve seen him brought up already on here. No food between 6pm-7pm. There was bugs crawling around the restaurant. Pasta was not fully cooked both nights. You have to pay €5 to use the pool, and pay €2 for a towel. Far away from Rome Central, and there is literally nothing around the hotel (food wise).

The reception staff were friendly. There was a shuttle to Rome for €5 return.

Cheap at first, but they make up for it! BEWARE!

It's nowhere near anything. It's cheap, but they make up for it by charging extra for EVERYTHING!! Breakfast? E$10 each. Wat to take a swim? E$5 PLUS E$2 for a towel (and the front desk will tell you there is no need to take a room towel down) Need a shuttle to the City to see the sites? No problem, for E$3 out and another E$5 back (each) we'll drop you next to the Vatican. No other place, just there. And heaven help you if you don't but tickets from the front desk soon enough, they're a limited commodity. And no buying the day before. Dinner was fair with only about a dozen choices. Want the pizza or burger they have listed at the bar menu (right nest to check-in)? Nope. Lunch only. Period. The food at dinner was decidedly mediocre. Actually, that's giving it too much praise. If you want a second key, better get it right away. Once you have the first and you ask for a second, it kills the first one. So you go separate ways for a time and one person is left with a key that won't work. They go down stairs and get one made, which kills the other one. It wasn't until we had done this 4 times that someone at the front desk mentions that they can only have more than one key made, and continue to work, if they do them all at the same time. By the time you've gone through all of the hassles, and extra cost, of the place, you can probably stay at a hotel right in Rome that offers breakfast for free, a pool you can swim in for no charge, and a shuttle to and from places included. I DO NOT recommend this place at all!

It was clean and the staff was friendly. That's all there is to like.

lovely pool area.

no iron or ironing board in room. was abit out of the way from anywhere local would need transport to get around. public transport very good. but a lovely hotel to stay at.

lovely pool area. very helpful staff

Very clean and organized.
    • Family Room

Locations is 20 min from Vatican but they did provide shuttle for a small fee. I didn’t like the fact that we had to pay 5 euros each to use the pool; that’s an included amenity but they charged on sight. Other than that, everything was great

Very clean and organized. Staff was very polite and fast at requests.

Avoid at all costs

Whilst the rooms are adequate and spacious that’s as far as this place goes. Don’t go to this place unless you intend to spend your time in your room - with your own means of entertainment and food. There was only 1 English Channel which I would never usually comment on but there is nothing else to do. Wifi is poor - on purpose, they say free but expect you to pay €4 for the good speed internet. Pool = €16 pp! Unless you have a car or want to pay out for a taxi, expect to be eating at the hotel. There is not a shop, restaurant or cafe within at least an hours walk of the place. So we resorted to eating at the hotel. Whilst the food was decent (albeit overpriced because they can) the service was appalling. Never have I encountered someone more rude in hospitality than the man taking the bookings for the restaurant - grey suit, middle aged, black slick back hair. He was so rude and unwelcoming, basically threw us to our table when we asked for one. When we finally did get a table (1030pm at this point) we were seated and then had to wait at least 20 minutes until someone came and asked what we wanted. This was all whilst the concierge (mentioned above) stood watching us!

Pros: * Staff on the front desk were lovely and helpful. * Close to the airport (20 mins drive)

Breakfast was not ideal for a four star hotel

Dinner was bad, reception staff was not experienced,breakfast not good for 4 star hotel! We were at the reception and nobody was paid attention!

Breakfast was not ideal for a four star hotel

Good price quality value,

The Mini Bar and Food & Bavrage price was much than over priced... 4.5€ for a 40g of Chips... If they had a cheaper price i think that people would by it since it’s not near any restaurant or shops...

Good price quality value, We had a very kind staff at the check in and very unfriendly one at the check Out. Not far from airport perfect when you have morning flight and parking is free.

Relaxed and comfortable stay to say goodbye to Italy.

We arrived late and needed to leave early. Staff arranged the taxi, were welcomed by a man who kept us amused and engaged while we were waiting to check in, then helped us to our room. Meal was lovely and we enjoyed a good nights rest before an early start next day

Not as I expected

Location and Transport wise, The Air Condition was not that great and when I contacted the Hotel couple of times to arrange a shuttle for airport pick up, no response from them. When I called day before the arrival they said you need to book in advance but when I said I sent a mail and no one replied the customer service was rude and hang up with me.

Great hotel

Confusion with the airport shuttle bus service. I was told that there were no shuttles for that day and had to get a private taxi.

The location. Away from the busy city centre. Shuttle bus with a pretty regular schedule that takes you to the city. A return journey is €5. Staff were really friendly. Rooms were cleaned and comfortable. Breakfast had a good variety of food and tastes good. Dinner was also good and the prices were similar to the city centre but the menu was pretty limited.

Good price for a great hotel.

A bit far from the center. A taxi will cost you around 20 euro one way. There is a shuttle from the hotel but it takes over 30min to get to downtown.

The reception and breakfast staff were very friendly and accommodating. The room was quite clean, and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast selection was above average by Italian standards.

The swimming pool not being open was a shame as lack of...

The swimming pool not being open was a shame as lack of chill time for the children..this would have helped! Also a kettle/tea/coffee free facilities In room would have been amazing

We stayed at the hotel the weekend of May 24-27.

We stayed at the hotel the weekend of May 24-27. The temperature was over 30C/90F and the hotel pool was not available. When I asked when it was available they stated they didn’t open up the pool until the start of the summer which when asked what date that was the hotel stated 21 June. That is a little outrageous considering how hot the temperature is in May in Italy and they do not open the pool until the end of June. I booked the hotel based on the pool because of the heat only to be extremely disappointed.

Excellent, would definitely stay again

Excellent location if travelling by car, lots of free and secure onsite parking, shuttle to the Vatican museum at a very reasonable price. No her facilities close by, but the hotel restaurant is very good.

The hotel is by far not a 4 star. Maybe it was such 10-20 years ago. The room was dark, without a central light. You cannot find even your clothes in the suitcase. From the aircondition was coming a smell of burned oil. The pool didn't had even water. The breakfast variety is equivavalent to a 3star hotel but the quality of the products is of low level 3star. They issued me an invoice with wrong details and after a week still waiting the correct one. The only thing that matches the description and was known before is that the the hotel is in the middle of nowhere. Worst 4th star hotel I 've stayed in my life.

The hotel is far, but they provide shuttle services.

The property itself is a little bit old and it is far from everything. Also, the location information they provided in the maps is inaccurate.

The hotel was far from the city center but they provide shuttle bus service to and from Vatican (city center) and also to and from the airport. The location they provided in the google maps is not accurate, however it points you to the metro station that you should take in order to get to the property. But when you get off the train station, you need to ride a taxi because the property is in the middle of nowhere.

Poor service and rooms

The room actually smelt the whole stay of someones body odour. The shower was hot n cold and tbe ugs did not work which made tbe stay unpleasant. We asked for a kettle on the phone 5 times and got nothing. Staff were so unfriendly. I deserve money compensation for that stay.

Size of room

Nice motel but location was in the middle of nowhere, not...

Nice motel but location was in the middle of nowhere, not where specified at all. check in was long, restaurant was not nice staff weren’t overly helpful

Browse Hotel Roma Aurelia Antica traveller photo gallery