Reviews of Mercure Napoli Centro Angioino 4 stars

Via Depretis 123, Port of Naples, 80133 Naples, Italy

#81 of 158 hotels in Naples

The AC was not working and it was very hot in the room, we had to open the window to sleep. But it was noisy outside so we didn't enjoy our night.

The beds are comfy.

Noisy rooms, Bar not open Shower shelf kept falling off Tv didn’t work No stirrers for Tea/coffee Corridors stank of smoke in the morning

Great location, with generally helpful and knowledgeable staff. However, our room was not the greatest, with some mold on the shower and a shower drain that was slow, leading to water leaking on the floor. Not a deal breaker but expected better

helpful personell. the bathroom had a smell and there was noise from some repairs ..have stayed before in this hotel and there were no such issues , hope another time it will be better ...

the room are very bad you can smell the kitchen in your room very strong.

The room is disaster it is very old . the team on the reception they were very nice.

the receptionist was not welcoming we arrived at four in the afternoon and it was a first time in naples no information was given, no recommendations where to visit or where to eat - certainly not helpful

location was excellent and in a safe area. breakfast was good but the restaurant needs uplift

The shower did not work properly and I informed the front desk and nothing was done. I expected a properly working shower for the price I paid.

The room was clean and comfortable and the location was good.

Wifi is not of a good standard, constantly drops out. Room service menu is limited and there is a €10 charge for this.

Well located for the port of Naples and a few minutes walk from Municipal metro station. Various restaurants / shops within easy walking distance. Room was of a good standard, nice balcony overlooking the main street. Bathroom was a little dated and would benefit from modernisation. If you are you are looking for somewhere to travel to Sorrento, Capri, Positano from then I would recommend this hotel.

Very limited restaurant menu and Bar, that closes on Sunday, it is not a hotel with a social area to sit, relax and have a drink or bite to eat during the day...

A good choice on the Breakfast menu, staff are attentive and helpful. the balcony overlooking the castle & port area is refreshing. Although the building site with cranes is a distraction. Rooms are clean, bed is comfy, no problems with WiFi. All available TV stations need to be properly tuned in.

Cigarette smoke smell

Too much cigarette smoke The whole passage to breakfast smells cigarette If the could move breakfast closer to non smoking area it wil be much better Not friendly for asthmatics

Awful views and the place was generally run down and outdated. The "view" from this 4 star hotel was horrendous! I looked upon a boarded up window covered in cobwebs and dirt. It was like a scene from The Haunted Mansion at Disneyland. STAFF WAS EXCELLENT THOUGH!!!!!

The room had a hair on the floor when I arrived like it had fallen off the end of the Hoover, the temperature was red hot in the room on arrival and it was full of mosquitoes, there were splattered ones on the walls and I had to kill about 5. It would have been nice to have been told alittle about the area when asking reception for a map but the lady didn't seem interested when I asked her a question so I had to find out for myself. Had trouble connecting to wifi. For the amount I payed for the hotel breackfast wasn't included I thought this was a little bit unfair considering I'd stayed in hotels cheaper in Rome and Venice that offered this. Teas and coffees in the room but no milk, had to go to reception to ask for milk.

The shops and restaurants were close by. Could print off boarding pass information for my flight.

Real 4 star hotel with all amenities rooms could be a bit bigger but it's like this in all old towns. Walking distance to the cruise and Ferri port

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

We loved the friendly staff. They were always willing to assist with questions. Went out of their way to assist with any of requests. The location is ideal for travelers using the trains. Beutiful city with friendly people and great food. Lovely bar for sundowners or late nite drinks.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

I was given a room with an internal walkway immediately outside my room which the window opened on to. As I am female, and I was on my own, I thought this showed a lack of experience and forethought. I asked to change rooms, and was given another room immediately.

Close to the Metro, ferry terminals, sea front, and the Piazza Plebiscito. I ate in the restaurant one evening, and the pasta was very good.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

The shower in my room didn't close the showerdoors sufficient, so I had a reasonable amount of water leakage. It could use a more modern update. Also I was not happy about the wifi, it was for 24 hr, but I noticed I had to login every time I returned to the Hotel (didn't automatically login with the same credentials).

I found the people working in the hotel all were really friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very good.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

All ok A bit of mix-up with the bill regarding consumption from the mini-bar

Nice hotel in very good location Good wifi Big bathroom Good value Helpful staff

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Sink in bathroom not practical as water splashes onto countertop and any supplies on it; Reception focused on maximizing profit as opposed to serving clientele. We would never return and discourage others from staying at this hotel. Also we felt unsafe in this location and we are seasoned travelers.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

We were asked to pay more for the rooms which we did. They said that Booking.com had got it wrong. This will be the subject of a complaint in due course.

Terrace for breakfast.

We liked having the stool in addition to the chair. Also liked having a frig.

• Standard Room with 1 Single Bed

the room is very bad very old

the team in the reception are amazing

I wish I could have stayed in Napoli longer

Staff were very helpful and very accommodating

• Standard Twin Room

Road very busy outside the hotel.

Roof top terrace bar was lovely.

Smell from plumbing sometimes

Proximity to good restaurants on sea front and to the old town.the staff

it is good

Air con didn't work properly in our room or any of the rooms we were offered. Room was dirty and mouldy and did not live up to a 4 star standard.

Couldn't really fault it for the price.

The location was fantastic, close to Port Beverello and many fantastic restaurants.

• Standard Room with 1 Single Bed

Restaurant poor offer and quality Breakfast poor Noisy room from A.C. when turned on Parking was outside hotel in a small public garage

Enjoyed everything about the hotel, the location the staff, the rooms and the beautiful terrace bar

• Standard Twin Room

Perfect location for ferries.....

Un reliable WiFi

Great location, decent breakfast

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

• Standard Room with 1 Single Bed

only one small issue - little problem with disconnecting internet connection

Very friendly staff, very halpfull, nice atmosphere, great location

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Dinner Restaurant.

Pleasant staff. Good breakfast and comfortable room.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

Nothing comes to mind

Proximity to the Port and access to ferry system.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

Hotel a bit old and shower had mould

Location good price good

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

Was on a street room - quite loud in the early mornings.

Nice location near Port.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Easy to find when we arrived in the port of Naples. Staff were extremly helpful

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

Staff is good

• Reviewed: 11 July 2016

Comfortable property, well located

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

Luxurious living near the port

• Reviewed: 29 June 2016

• Standard Twin Room

The room was very clean and well stocked. Staff were brilliant and location excellent!

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

The bed was great, and the location was perfect for us as we were catching the ferry the next day, but also gave good access for Naples sightseeing.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2016

DIRTY Lack of water or food (for pay) Would NOT recommend based on lack of cleanliness

Location to where I was going (cruise ship) Free breakfast (not bad!); it was a holiday and they officially opened 30 min later than posted, but let me eat anyway.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2016

Didn't find the staff particularly friendly or welcoming. The 'bar' is not a bar area at all but a sparse room with limited seating- you would not want to sit in there. When I asked for directions to a local bar I was sent to the Ice Cream parlour a few doors down. When we arrived and were at the front of the queue for check in we were told to wait as they wanted to check everyone out behind us first! We were told breakfast was e10 when we said we would decide on the day we were then advised we had missed our chance and if we wanted breakfast it would now be e20 each! We booked this hotel as we enjoyed the Mercure in Rome but we would not be returning to this hotel or to Naples. The room itself had a fusty smell and a view of satellite dishes. We stayed in much nicer hotels with breakfast for far less money

Close to Marina for visiting Capri

• Reviewed: 11 February 2016

Nice hotel, close to the see, downtown. We felt very save and comfortable there. If you have a car, parking is across the street which is great advantage. We have just enjoyed stay there.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2016

Tea and coffee making facility in room comprised a Nespresso machine, didn't heat water enough for tea. We bought a cheap kettle. Wifi cover wasn't always available in our room on 5th floor. Often had better connection with neighbouring hotel's wifi.

Despite the the disadvantages I mention, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay in this hotel and felt I was a valued client. Breakfast and breakfast room and terrace were excellent value.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2015

Not major but the breakfast needs a lift. More fresh fruit and the coffee from the machine was only warm

A very good place to explore the city and other locations by ferry

• Reviewed: 25 October 2015

Through no fault of the hotel there is constructions going on in street near hotel and it is noisy especially at 7am when trying to sleep. Shame because it is an excellent hotel Only other issue was I booked at reception for dinner in the restaurant and was told about 8pm yet when I headed up there it was a private function and I was turned away - not happy about having to go back out in the rain to find a restaurant

Location for catching ferry across to Capri, location for catching city sightseeing bus, location for heading up to the amazing castle s'elmo and its views. Staff helpful, friendly. Bed super comfy.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2015

This is the 3rd time we have stayed at this hotel. The location is particularly good for us as it is so near the ferry port. We have used this for day trips and catching ferries to Sicily and Sardinia. Excellent restaurant nearby, easy and short walk from airport bus-stop and nearest metro station. Great base. Comfortable rooms and very good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2015

There is no parking in hotel. We were advised to park nearby for 20 euro.

It is a 5-minute walk from the port and the Castel Nuovo, the city center can be reached by foot in 20 minutes. Apartment are fully equipped: central air conditioning, mini fridge, Wi-Fi in the room worked well. Breakfast on the terrace, with good view, tasty and good choice.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2015

Very Noisy. No wifi signal in room , only front desk area. Roof top terrace is only open at breakfast... so shame .... we were expecting to have a drink there on hot summer night... should tell on Hotel site.

Good location from 'Molo Beverello Port'. Reasonable price.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2015

Nothing we didn't like, we received exactly what we expected...

Good location for a city visit and for access to the Port & ferries, very clean, friendly staff, good wifi...

• Reviewed: 23 June 2015

Can't think of anything particular.

Location is great. The staff is very friendly. Very clean and the internet is fast. The breakfast was over my expectations as well. You can call it an affordable heaven in Naples amongst all these crooked buildings.

• Reviewed: 18 June 2015

Just weird that the duvet had no cover on it. Staff at breakfast bit unfriendly took the bread away 10 min before breakfast end, we were busy walking towards the bread, oops gone!

Location was good, Nice and clean Friendly staff

• Reviewed: 19 April 2015

booked a privilege room but it was quite small, at one corner and the bathroom was very cold and noisy due to an unwanted large window towards outside. The entry to the room was also very narrow.

Breakfast, location, cleanliness

• Reviewed: 4 January 2015

- poor breakfast service (e.g., no cheese if you arrive at breakfast room at/ after 10am; it takes staff forever (literally forever) to replenish the eggs. Eventually you give up waiting)

+ very central location +super helpful front desk +rooms and bedroom were in good condition

• Reviewed: 22 March 2016

Fabulous croissants, lovely staff who were very accommodating. Overall wonderful experience. Thanks you.

• Reviewed: 19 November 2015

The location was a little scared.

Staff was kind and price was reasonable.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2015

No problems at all - everything worked well.

The location to the waterfront was excellent as was the hotel to shops and places of interest.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2015

It is close to the port and the castle. The staff are friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2015

Hotel was good.. everything you needed. Location great. Staff very helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 3 September 2015

Kind person nice flat in center city recomended for each person who want realy enjoy his in roma

• Reviewed: 2 August 2015

The conditioner was poor

Excellent location, friendly stuff, good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2015

• Reviewed: 28 July 2015

Excellent location,espesialy if you want to go to islands after. Breakfast was excellent.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2015

The hotel was close to the port which is why we booked it. Staff were friendly and check was quick. Breakfast was quite basic.

• Reviewed: 10 July 2015

Wi fi unable to get on mobile phone.

Great bed, great breakfast on terrace overlooking ship terminal.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2015

horrible bed dirty walls bad smell at the bathroom lacking minibar wi-fi not working air-co not working

only the location

• Reviewed: 21 June 2015

Too clinical, no character, no bar

Clean comfortable fairly good standard rooms

• Reviewed: 16 June 2015

Very handy for the airport bus and the port

• Reviewed: 28 April 2015

Disposable cups in rooms. Lack of fresh fruit salad some days.

Cleanliness and pleasant staff

• Reviewed: 28 April 2015

Central position

• Reviewed: 19 April 2015

The WI FI Connection was not good enough. Sometimes it did not function at all

Friendly and service oriented personell

There are also 34 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Mercure Napoli Centro Angioino traveller photo gallery