Reviews of Mercure Roma West 4 stars

Viale Eroi Di Cefalonia 301, 00128 Mostacciano , Italy

#5 of 15 hotels in Mostacciano

Unclean and rude staff
    • Superior Triple Room

the room had nail clippings on the bench, when I showed the hotel staff the photo they said impossible it could'nt happen and dismissed it. I also booked a taxi and then wanted to cancel it but reception staff said its too late to cancel if I don't take it my credit card will be charged 30 euros. Then internet didn't work in the rooms and had to stand in the corridor for it to work.

Miserable stay in Mercure Roma west
    • Superior Triple Room

The breakfast buffet was the worst , flies everywhere barely we could eat . For my kids I bought cornflakes and brought it with me every morning to the restaurant because at the buffet not available. Egg cost 5 Euro which is silly. Rooms are miserable, drainage of bathtub blocked , beds soooooo old you can feel the springs out every morning we wake up with backaches. No room service at all even if you order food they first told you you have to pay 10Euro or you come down to pick up your food unlike other 4 and 5 stars hotels , no ice machine in the hotel and if you call to ask for ice again you go to collect it yourself at the restaurant which is not proper or you pay 10 Euro for being delivered to you. And the ice pocket you have to take down with you to refilled it and are limited sometimes is difficult to have ice. Cleaning is terrible, they never change the slippers for 15 days ,they never refreshes the room amenities which we supposed we paid for it daily .even the property itself suffering from cleaning which means the corridors are dirty. Swimming pool limited time which only 4 hours during the day , that's why we didn't had the chance to use it. Overall, our stay in Mercure Roma West is waste of money never ever go back there. Because it did not reach the expectations of 4 star hotel.

When in Rome, Go somethere closer to the City.
    • Superior Twin Room

location is awfull, it is a disaster to take the bus to the city. No metro anywhere close. shuttle bus is a joke, need to book 24hrs before and it runs just a couple of times during the day to the closest metro station. Taxis can be ordered easily but cost a lot. Add this cost to the hotel cost and you get a very expensive deal. It only suits large touristic groups with own bus for transportation.

heated pool is an experience, breakfast was very good, the rest are basically ok. Location though is a very big issue.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Rooms are nice and clean, stuff friendly.
    • Superior Triple Room

Connection btw city is awful. When you want ti see city, then go to other hotel. Breakfast was too salty, food was not fresh, and worst thing that instant coffee- in Italy?????, country of gorgeous coffee we went for coffee to little coffeeshop next to hotel.

Rooms are nice and clean, stuff friendly.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

great until the check out
    • Superior Twin Room

well I booked the shuttle for the airport and insisted that I should be there on time not to miss my plane. and when the driver arrived and was ready to take me , there was another person who booked it at the same time to the metro. well the responsible at the front desk decided that the shutttle goes to the metro and then to the airport and that made me very angry. I mean it is unprofessional especially that I booked it first.

the hotel is friendly

The staff was super helpful and went out of their way to...
    • Superior Triple Room

The bed was very hard. It was further from the Rome airport than we had hoped.

The staff was super helpful and went out of their way to help us!!!! The food was delicious!!! Beautiful hotel! Great environment.

Clean and nice
    • Superior Twin Room

Staff not friendly, restaurant service not prepare for the amount of guests (dinner), noisy (you can here cars all day and night from the window), and shuttle service is ok but driver is extremely bad (with children on back sit he was driving like crazy)

Clean and nice

Good!
    • Standard Double Room with one Queen Bed

The swimming pool only open from 2pm to 9pm during summer time. I hope the swimming pool opens from 7am to 10pm, because many tourists here only stay for a night. Breakfast is continental, but lacks of choices. I tried to contact hotel to book the free pickup shuttle but failed. Luckily, I found the hotel shuttle bus in airport.

Front desk staff are super friendly. Free shuttle bus.

Excellent place before your flight back home if you're coming by car from Tuscany or whatever.
    • Junior Suite with Sofa Bed

-Obviously, at tad too far away from Rome city center to go by foot ;-)

+Only 15 minutes away from Fiumincino airport (by car) +Clean, comfortable rooms & lounge +Friendly staff (especially Leonardo at the bar)

I loved it and i would stay there again anytime
    • Superior Twin Room

Told the only shuttle wad at 730 upon check-in. But .y flight wasn't till 1145. Rushed my breakfast to be there and it wasn't there and they could provide me one at 9 am instead. This was great but would have been nice follow the night prior ao.i didn't get up.waely and I could have enjoyed breakfast. I had a 21 hour saying travelling ahead of me so a little more sleep would have helped. But overall.very happy

Great hotel. Large rooms. Beautiful space. Good value I would recommend this hotel to.friends

We Loved our Stay with Mercure Rome West.
    • Superior Triple Room

It was just a little difficult getting to & from Rome.

We Stayed at Mercure while in Rome on our Honeymoon. it was so nice to be able to stay in such nice place for a few nights. the atmosphere was very relaxed it was exactly what we needed.

OK!
    • Junior Suite with Sofa Bed

Swimming pool was not allowed for kids under 10. Walls were made of paper and all sounds could be heard from neighbour and outside.

Spaceous and clean rooms.

Comfort, excellent breakfast, location, free shuttle to...
    • Superior Triple Room

Excellent swimming pool - but it's hot (warm)! Those who choose hotels with inside swimming pools and mean to use them for refreshing (after warm and wet day in Rome) should forget about this. They will face not a pool but a huge hot bath tub. And the mention on the swimming pool's rules (I quote exctly as it was): "It is forbidden to swim in the pool"!

Comfort, excellent breakfast, location, free shuttle to airport and metro station (the hotel is located in outskirts of Rome)

good overall
    • Superior Triple Room

Communication between staff change over shifts

Room very good and comfortable,the location was suitable for us and the shuttle very convenient,very good stay overall will stay there again.

Good choice for a near the airport stay

No issues

Good Value, Service and Amenities; Relatively close to airport Rooms were clean, well appointed for business travelers, with large desk area, many amenities etc. Comfortable bed. Bathroom was average size, but had a reasonable amount of counterspace. Breakfast buffet was immense. Pretty much anything you could think of they had. Even had a self-serve juicing area. We stayed her just for the night before going to the airport the next morning. Its about a 15-20 minute drive to the airport, depending on traffic. For us, it was a prefect place to stay being close , but not too close to the airport. Not sure how convenient it is if you are a tourist, but there were some tour groups staying there , probably for the price. There did not seem to be much around the hotel. No places to walk to, nor did the area seem like we would want to. But this was just my impression. There was a gas station just down the block so it was easy to fill the tank before returning the rental (its automated at night so its 24/7). Free parking underground. Staff made a point about us parking in their lot rather than the free spaces in front of the hotel. Leading me to believe it was not that safe out at night. Website photos looked accurate. I would definitely stay here again as a near the airport hotel.

Staff at front desk were nice.
    • Superior Triple Room

The language is a big issue not many people could understand us well in english. The shuttle frequency is too low. We were obligated to take a taxi from the airport to not wait 2 hours for the next shuttle . The spa and sauna was not free .This was one of the reasons we book here and it was not mentionned these are extra

Staff at front desk were nice. The beeakfast was awesome

Awful Customer Service
    • Superior Triple Room

Staff wasn’t helpful. We had to come back early to attend a funeral. They did not care, and did not hesitaste to charge me the night that I did not stay there. They didn’t want to work with us at all. We have more than 24 hours in advance notice .

Great value for money in a quiet residential area of Rome.
    • Standard Double Room with one Queen Bed

Not anything, really. It would be good if all guests could use the Spa, but given the excellent value for money, it seems fair enough.

great breakfast; friendly staff. Airport shuttle. The hotel is a quiet residential neighbourhood, which is great if you want a break from the city. There are some lovely restaurants near by which are much cheaper than Rome.

Spa
    • Junior Suite with Sofa Bed

They were under construction. Airport shuttle service is too hard to coordinate. second bed in family room is a sofabed and quite uncomfortable. A/C can't be regulated from the room

Spa

I book this hotel for the free shuttle and had to pay for a...
    • Standard Double Room with one Queen Bed

I book this hotel for the free shuttle and had to pay for a taxi anyway, since the shuttle hours are not very well organized. If I have to pay for taxi anyway, might swell get a closer hotel to the airport and save money there. Hotel and staff is very nice, but for just overnight not 100% worth it.

Absolutely what you expect from a Mercure hotel.
    • Junior Suite with Sofa Bed

Breakfast is 'designed by architect' which means you go to four separate sections to put your breakfast together, with coffee, bowls, spoons and cereals all visually positioned but quite annoying to do. Fortunately the waiters understand and are attentive to needs. In Italy there is an old saying "don't eat in a hotel restaurant". This restaurant proves the point. Don't. Hotel restaurants exist because guests expect them; that doesn't make them good. Not enough staff on check-out at the time many people are checking out (long queue).

Room was very comfortable with lots of space and an Italian coffee machine provided. Shower was delightfully hot for a good long shower. Once prompted, the restaurant staff were very attentive and began to anticipate my requirements, which of course is what hospitality is all about.

A great place to relax.
    • Superior Twin Room

We could not get any refund for the no show-up nights - the policy indeed said "no money back", yet poor weather conditions have affected us all... Far from the center, BUT a great quiet surrounding area.

A spacious room, excellent cousine. The staff was extremely polite and made an exception: due to poor weather conditions at both Rome airports, and cancelled flight, the staff agreed to complement us with free breakfast although it was not included in the room package (after all, we had two no show-up nights due to the flight cancellation.

Suited our purpose as we were only there for two nights. Received a pleasant welcome at reception.

I thought the room decor was a little dated but they were of a good standard.

Spacious rooms. We had a twin room, beds of a good size and extremely comfortable. The inclusive breakfast was lovely with a wide choice selection from cereals to hot items.

Nice first stay in rome

Beds were stiff

Center Italy is very dirty and smells like cigarettes. This location is a little further away so it was nice to breathe in air that did not consistently smell like cigarettes. Easy to get to bus and terminal station that connects you straight into the center.

Awful hotel!
    • Superior Triple Room

Everything. Will never visit this property again.

Nothing I liked about this property. The room was dirty and the price was more than doubled compated to the normal rate due to a conference. It was blackmail.

Excellent hotel and very modern.

Nothing to not like..

Room was very clean and easily accessible. Parking was inside and secured. Staff could not do enough to satisfy our needs. Restaurant had many choices and was nice. Easily accessible to major highways. Outside of the congested city.

Great stay overall, if not for the insect bites that our children had inside our room.
    • Superior Twin Room

Both our kids had some sort of insect bites. I think it was from the dog grooming show during our stay. Really disappointed with the bite marks.

Housekeeping was done on a daily basis.

Fantastic and the food was amazing!!!
    • Superior Triple Room

There was nothing that we didn't like about our stay!!

The service was excellent, the staff amazing and Antonello the maitre d was fantastic a huge asset to the hotel!!

Apart from the lack of pool access for the children the stay was excellent.
    • Superior Triple Room

My grand children were not allowed in the swimming pool which was a great disappointment. The hotel said this was stated on the web site but we missed it!

We've been to this hotel several times as it is very close to my relatives house. It is very convenient for the airport too and excellent value for Rome.

The breakfast was excellent !!
    • Superior Triple Room

Airport shuttle to Fiumicino goes only 3 times during day, but not early in the morning and in late evening , we had the check in at 7h45, so we had to order a Taxi . And I decided my choice for the Hotel Mercure Roma West , due the free shuttle service to airport ! The Taxi price is between 40- 50 Euro one direction !

excellent breakfast - high level !

Great hotel and service.
    • Superior Triple Room

The bathrooms need a bit of TLC to get the mould out. The beds are not very comfortable, too springy. The pool area need to be open 24/7 so that guests can have access at any time they want.

Great hotel. Great service, super friendly and helpful staff. The free shuttle to and from the airport and metro station (Eur Fermi) was really great and a bonus. The food in the restaurant was great, but probably not very authentic Italian.

Great hotel. Lovely and clean and smart.
    • Privilege Double Room

Noise through the cieling from other another room in the middle of the night.

The cleanliness was to a very high standard which was great. The daily upkeep of the room was also excellent. Staff were pleasant and the atmosphere was always nice and relaxed. Would definitely stay again.

Not suit for tourist, good for company meeting. So far to go to the city
    • Junior Suite with Sofa Bed

Far from everywhere. We did not like the atmostphere when we enter the gym and the pool, seems like haunted.

I like my junior suite room. It was perfect for the four of us in the same room.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Qiute hotel for writers

The location very far from Rome center I payed €70 from areport . Need to wait hotel's Shattel bus to go to nearest metro station ( 25 min) and need 30 min in Metro to go to Center of Rome. Not good for tourists who want to visit historical areas you will spend a lot of money and should go with Shattel to Metro or Taxi stations.

Very Quite area and the staff was cooperative

The room was cold and affter two calls to front desk nothing...
    • Junior Suite with Sofa Bed

The room was cold and affter two calls to front desk nothing was done about it and it seemed like no one really cared at all. It was to be a special evening and was completely ruined by this. I would NOT reccommend this hotel .

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Pleasant stay
    • Privilege Double Room

I've arrived at the hotel after midnight. Despite the late hour, the receptionist, a very nice man called Josè, was very friendly and professional. The room was spacious and clean, nicely warm and with a tray with all you need for a cup of tea. I also appreciated the free water bottle and the amenities available in the bathroom. The breakfast offered was excellent with a lot of choices (sweet and savory) for food, a variety of tea, excellent espresso and nice smiling staff. I can't give 5 stars only because the bathroom ceiling needs a check (room 306), but I must book this hotel again when in Rome.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Good hotel but too far from everything (and the "shuttle" is a joke)

Too far from the airport and from the city; the airport shuttle runs a few times a day and only upon request so you are highly unlikely to benefit from it and the taxi from Fiumicino will be about ~EUR 30-35, more or less the same to get to the city. Facilities (spa, swimming pool, gym) open late and close early so, again, you are highly unlikely to benefit from them unless you are spending the entire day at the hotel; all in all, seems like the management does everything to avoid having too many guests - very strange approach.

Breakfast is quite good, so are the rooms and the on-site restaurant. It could be a good value for money hotel but the shuttle is a joke so even if you get a good room price you will pay a fortune (or spend a lot of time) to get there.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

New Year Break

Totally my fault with calculating distant to the city centre. I was meeting friends at the Spanish Steps Main shopping area and it took us over 1 hour 30 minutes to get into town. Was a little upset to find out only when I got there that the poolside was only for children age 10 and up.

Breakfast was very lovely. Lots to choose from. Staff were very friendly with our very excited kids. Shuttle bus available with booking in advance.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

One of the few places in Rome you would never want to return

Useless staff (we were told by hotel staff that parking in Rome is free in the evening like in Verona but received a 40 euro fine for wrong parking. If the person at least told us that she doesn't know we would have figured it out but I trust people so I made that mistake), bad location, rooms need renovation, terrible guarded parking. The hotel lets gusts park at two or three parking places at once so it took me an hour and a half to find a place although it was not on my wish list to waste time like that in Rome.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Cheap and cheerful
    • Superior Twin Room (2 adults)

My wife went to use the pool at 8pm knowing it was closing at 8:30 only to be refused entry by the staff because he had cleaned and obviously wanted to go home early.

The express breakfast was good value at €6

Great value for money, food was excellent and well priced...
    • Superior Triple Room

Great value for money, food was excellent and well priced and free airport transfers were great

Otima estadia
    • Superior Triple Room

O transfer é gratutito mas com horarios pré determinados.

Room service being charged and what is available on the room...
    • Superior Triple Room

Room service being charged and what is available on the room service menu cannot be eaten at the restaurant.

Nice

Nice hotel

Nice

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Stay- good, connection- could be better

Transport

self made juce

great
    • Superior Triple Room

clean and staff are great they were so helpful and available.

extremely clean and modern, excellent restaurant on site.
    • Superior Triple Room

This place was beautiful, Staff was extremely helpful and friendly. One of the best hotels we stayed in near Rome.

At the first night my car was robbed.
    • Superior Triple Room

At the first night my car was robbed. Really not safety place.

Free shuttle service, nice staff
    • Superior Triple Room

Poor communication about shuttle pick-up, too few shuttle times

Free shuttle service, nice staff

Stay was spoiled by the rudeness of the lady at reception. So rude and very unhelpful.
    • Superior Twin Room

Reception was very rude and very unhelpful. Bar and restaurant staff were great. Shuttle service misleading and useless

Our stay was great!

Air conditioner!

Only one person could enjoy air conditioning at a time...limited capacity!

Restful considering our extenuating circumstance
    • Superior Triple Room

The staff were very accommodating, especially when my wallet was stolen from a crowded bus leaving the Vatican half way through our stay

Far from airport

Shuttle schedule

Cleanliness

If you are in Rome as a tourist, the location is really bad.
    • Superior Triple Room

If you are in Rome as a tourist, the location is really bad. To the Metro, you have to arrange the shuttle service of which last service is 10:30 PM.

It’s too great and the staff very friendly and helpful .

Air condition not cold the degrees of room 27

It’s too great and the staff very friendly and helpful . The room was very clean

Dirty

Quiet

The Wi-Fi in my room of this hotel is very very slow or...
    • Superior Triple Room

The Wi-Fi in my room of this hotel is very very slow or disconnected very often. It is very bad.

Stayed overnight to be close to the airport, got a free...
    • Superior Triple Room

Stayed overnight to be close to the airport, got a free shuttle and a breakfast bag to go since we had to leave early

It was an ok price for just one night.
    • Superior Triple Room

Far from everything. You need a car to get anywhere.

It was an ok price for just one night.

The staff in hotel are very nice and helpful

The staff in hotel are very nice and helpful Thank you very much and we have a good experience!

Loved the hotel and staff
    • Superior Twin Room

The brwakfast was scrumptious!

Un Week end di relax

La Spa

It's really good.

Shuttle Services

Not going back
    • Superior Triple Room

Too far from the city Not kid friendly Restaurant staff not friendly

Indoor pool

Overall good

Room size

Food

Pool service

Food

It was a nice quiet place to stay.
    • Junior Suite with Sofa Bed

The restaurant was a bit expensive.

The spa area was lovely, and the garage for the car was very safe. The food was nice and the staff were friendly.

Clean, comfortable place and very helpful staff.
    • Superior Twin Room

Clean, comfortable place and very helpful staff.

The express breakfast was good

The hotel is a bit old

The express breakfast was good

Comfortable Stay

Fresh vegetable and fruit juice! Good coffee!

• Superior Twin Room (2 adults)

Shuttles were few and far between

Last minute booking
    • Standard Double Room with one Queen Bed

Carpet on the floor (it's just not my thing)

Comfortable, clean – good for a quick business stop like I had.

Enjoyed our stay

Cleanliness

Was comfortable for the stay

Comfortable

Lighting in car park. Damaged car on exit.

Great bar attendant