Reviews of Holiday Inn Milan Garibaldi Station 4 stars

Via Ugo Bassi 1/A Ang. Via C. Farini, Stazione Garibaldi, 20159 Milan, Italy

#113 of 424 hotels in Milan

Good location - tram station is nearby.
    • Executive Queen Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

One lady at the front desk was not so polite. But I do not remember the name. Room was a bit dark.

Good location - tram station is nearby. Breakfast was delicious, croissants were very tasty. Fabian at the reception was helpful.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Location was very convenient, very near the Porta Garibaldi...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The fact I had mold in my shower cabin, lots of mold. Then I was showed few other rooms and every single shower cabin was moldy. The fact the staff treated me as a problem during my stay, and commented in Italian - guess what, I do understand Italian! The staff did what they had to do, but were they polite? No. Did anybody say ‘sorry’ for the mold and how can we make your experience nicer? Not. I am an experienced traveller, but this was by far the worst overall staying for me, especially given the price.

Location was very convenient, very near the Porta Garibaldi train station (search Via Pepe exit). Bed was comfortable.

I enjoyed my stay very lovely and the staff at reception was awesome.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

there was no travel adaptor, so I could not charge my phone which I found very disappointing. Have stayed in different hotels and once or twice I forgot my travel adaptor but one was provided when I needed it.

the bed was very comfortable, enjoyed the sausages during breakfast which is kind of different from what I have tasted before which comes in a kind of sauce lovely.

Short stay but comfortable and friendly staff
    • Executive Double Room

The area that the hotel was situated was not very nice, but it was convenient for the station and trams into the city.

The staff were very helpful. Loved the dining room. Room comfortable & clean.

It exceed our expectation
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Location was not so close to Duomo, restaurants and supermarkets were not in the area

Breakfast was awesome, many food choices, good quality. Bed was comfortable, air-conditioner was cold enough, everything was clean and tidy.

We are disappointed about our stay in your hotel.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We had booked double bed but you gave us two small beds We had booked double room with breakfast but you charge us the second day breakfast, telling us that we have booked "with breakfast" for one day

The bathroom was very comfortable.

First of all, we found kitchen ants in the breakfast area...
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

First of all, we found kitchen ants in the breakfast area near the orange juice machine, and we indicate this to the personal of the hotel without any response from their sire. The same personal from the breakfast area made a rude comment on how much food I put a on a small plate; and as I explained them that this food is for me, my wife and 2 kids as well, did't get any excuses from their side. Second, the transfer from the Hotel to Airport (LIN) is double the price of a regular taxi services which is a a complete rip-off. We opted for an Uber, which is a little but expensive that the regular taxi.

It was clean and the space was good.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It’s a long walk to the duomo. It was really out of the way but a nice walk through Sempione Park though. It was a little pricey as the hotel was not easy to find from the train station and it was really run down. The rooms were refurbished but the hotel is old.

It was clean and the space was good. The room was nice and quiet and the bathroom was a good size. It was close to the main train station in Garibaldi and the tram line was right across the road. Staff were so nice!

Great place to stay.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Nothing, all worked fine.

The room was very well appointed, and the children loved having a separate room (behind a sliding door). Only thing to make sure of is that you leave Garibaldi station at the correct exit or it becomes confusing. Pick up the day passes for the transport system there too as it was harder to buy them at the tobacconist by the hotel. The tram stop outside the hotel takes you to Sforza castle and Parco Sempione. The children eating free with an adult saves a lot of money.

Good stay, next time i would choose a hotel closer to the city center
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Dinner was not great, not really in the city center. No response to questions before we arrived. the tram was next to the hotel and easy to use

The room was nice and clean, breakfast was good.

Nice. Would not stay there again
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

When I booked the family room in booking.com ot stated that the room has one queen size bed for the adults and 2 more beds for the kids. When we arrived we found out that there were bunk bed for the kids however with no barrier and as we had small kids ( 3 and 7) we couldn’t let them Sleep up. Since the room was so small we couldn’t even put he metres on the the floor. We ended up changing and adults slept on the bunk bed and the kids in the queen size bed. Very uncomfortable. Breakfast was only ok. Not excellent.

Fair price . Location close to garibaldi station so not far from center. Nice staff. Clean. Private parking.

Good beds and sheets
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast is average. Pictures you see in hotel description don’t match with the reality Rooms really have to be renovated. Nothing disgusting but there are a lot of places where small and medium fixes are needed. Towels are old. Not all staff members are really welcoming (but some of them are cool!), fake smiles and it’s really visible that they don’t want to help but have to.

Good beds and sheets Not bad location for the price We checked in at 10 for free - it was a big and very pleasant surprise! Breakfast room is cozy and stylish.

A little far from center, but clean and specious room
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The location is a little far from city center. The staff are very friendly, but not always reliable about giving directions - not unusual in Italy. You need to carry printed map or purchase data on your smartphone and use google map.

The room was specious and clean. Breakfast was wonderful. Closest subway stop is about 1 km away - 15 minutes walk, but they have tram station right by the front door.

Great stay, with every convenience nearby. Trains, shopping, Corso Como !!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Eggs were great. Albeit, I ordered directly from the kitchen because the scrambled eggs are served in the same warmer as the pork/meat/sausages etc.

Location is great for visitors to MIDO only 4 stops away and no connections to make. Front line staff are some of the best I have ever experienced. Nothing to small or too big for them to do. A great team.

Public transport stops were in 1 minute walking.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Towels need to be renewed, every of them were with dots. They are old. Also room service has not only to pit in order the room, also bathroom should be cleaned. From Holiday inn my expectation were higher.

Public transport stops were in 1 minute walking.

Very good location - close to the train station/metro,...
    • Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

A little bit noisy because of location just on the big crossing road with tramway.

Very good location - close to the train station/metro, 20..30 min by walk to city center. Good breakfast.

So close to Milano center
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Great location, just 15 minutes from center by tram; tram station in front of hotel. Delicious breakfast, nice restaurant. Friendly staff, very clean.

amazing hotel, I will definitely recommend it.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The bed is very comfortable, the room is very clean, breakfast is excellent, very helpful and friendly staff. I would like to say Big Thanks to Fabio (reception) for his very warm attention to guests. Everything was amazing!!!!!

In line with expectations
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It would be good if the staff paid attention to special requests. We requested a quiet room on a higher floor but were initially offered a second-floor room facing a busy street. This was later changed per our preferences after we pointed it out.

Comfortable beds, good breakfast, a modern facility, a tram stop right outside and a train/metro station nearby. Well-trained English-speaking staff.

Very good, clean, nice staff
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Limited menu, salad was very poor quality (just lettuce leaves with one tomato) I ordered a mixed salad & fed back to the waiter but he didn’t respond

Staff were excellent & rooms

Hotel room and services good.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Had to change room as wires out of safe (didn't) work plus door lock damaged though working. New room though noisier from traffic ( not a problem) was very much better. They need to make more effort on direction to hotel. Long walk to get there no one knew it. Need direction via railway platform 20 i. e other side of railway lines. A lot shorter that way!!!

Hotel room and services good.

OK for a short stay in a convenient location
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The price is quite high for what you get; the room didn't feel like that of a four-star hotel

Very convenient indoor parking space is available if you have a car and leads straight inside the hotel

Direct tram to Duomo and Sforza castle.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Mismatch between photos of breakfast and actual menu. Towels were provided, but not hotel slippers and bathrobe even though they were in pictures of rooms.

Direct tram to Duomo and Sforza castle. Next to Garibaldi station, where goes train to Bergamo and other cities nearby. Really nice and helpfull staff.

Nice hotel with great transport links allowing you to easily get all across the city.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The air con in our room didn't seem to be working but in November it wasn't too much of a problem.

Friendly staff. Good location near to a couple of metro stations and trams means its so easy to get anywhere in the city.

Great for a birthday
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Could have made the whole stay for free but I think I got more than my monies worth!

I arrived expecting only a standard room but because the gent at reception recognise it was my birthday I was upgraded on the spot to a deluxe room as well as given free bar tokens and provided breakfast for free which I hadn’t selected when booking. I was not expecting any of this and in no way did I shout about it being my birthday, Holiday Inn did all this off their own back which they didn’t have to. Just a nice gift to make the day better. Would recommend staying here even if it’s not your birthday. Awesome.

Very good
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The family rooms are a good size with the children’s beds in a separate room. The food was good and not too expensive. All the staff were nice, spoke English and were very welcoming.

All was good, nothing exceptional but nothing terrible.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Nothing really, bar shut a little earlier than in a lot of hotels but that's not necessarily a bad thing!!

All was good, nothing exceptional but nothing terrible. I would stay there again

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Didn't care for much not adequate towels, Especially considering the shower leaked all over the floor, bordering on rude front desk help, all in all very disappointed

Didn't care for much not adequate towels

Perfect
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Stuff members very kindly, breakfast various and very tasty, the restaurant menu excelent. It was a very pleasent stay and we’ ll surely recommand this hotel.

Tram right outside the hotel so easy to get about, also the...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Had to look for staff at the bar everytime as they were always elsewhere, Fabio on reception was very helpful but others not so happy in their work ! We had breakfast in our room one of the mornings and the scrambled eggs were cold, not warm actually cold !

Tram right outside the hotel so easy to get about, also the train station is walkable distance so great to explore - we recommend catching the train to Lake Como, it only took an hour and was worth the effort of getting up early. Hotel was clean, room was really comfortable, think breakfast could be improved, but on the whole a good value deal.

I like all the furniture in the hotel and room.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I like all the furniture in the hotel and room. The cleanliness is absolutely perfect. very good location. The staff was very good. I enjoyed alot. Thanks

Good place to stay for business trips.
    • Executive Double Room

the shower was very small and I would prefer a bath after a long day.

the early evening aperativ snacks at the bar. the bed linen was crisp and clean.

All aspects of this large group hotel were exemplary... The bed in our executive room was fantastic!
    • Executive Double Room

Our experience would have been improved if the speciality restaurant had been open on Sunday evening.

Being asked by the reception manager when enjoying a drink in the bar if we were quite happy with our room... Very personable for a large hotel group... Makes you feel that your custom is appreciated and that you're not just a statistic on their computer system. The bar staff and breakfast service staff were excellent.

I forgot two Shirts in the Room after i checked out and...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I forgot two Shirts in the Room after i checked out and nobody called me to tell me that. I still didnt get any answer after i send two E-mails. Bad service

Standard Hotel and well located
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was mediocre. The parking facility is overpriced (13 EUR per day).

The Hotel is really well located -outside the city center- but really close to the Garilaldi station and tramway station as well. The city center can be reached within a few minutes.

Amazing
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The only negative point I could mention was the location, which is a little away from the city center but it’s barely a problem. There is a tram stop right outside and also 2 metro stops close by that take you there within minutes, so nothing to really worry about

Everything! Great welcoming, super comfy bedroom, beautifully equipped and very clean. Breakfast was delicious! All in all, amazing hotel. Would defintely recommend it!!

Great Value and super staff
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Great value hotel - we had two separate rooms and a lovely marble bathroom. Breakfast was very continental which was cool for us veggies ! Children were made very welcome and as we arrived late, hot and tired we were given free water. Next day the receptionist even printed out the rest of my travel itinerary for me - really great place!

Biggest bed we slept on in Europe.
    • Executive Double Room

Laundry service was really expensive (we discovered later a self-serve laundry across the street)

Biggest bed we slept on in Europe. Very comfortable, extremely nice room for the money.

Fantastico
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Can't come up with anything. Everything was perfect.

Great staff. Asked for arranging taxi from Linate and they were so quick to make reservations for us. Also they were happy to print out the last supper voucher which I forgot to print at home.

Nice Hotel in a slightly run down part of town
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The shower seemed a little slow to warm up sometimes. The local environs a little shabby, but if you are needing to stay in the centre and there on business, it's a good location. The location is not the best if you were expecting a good view etc, it's on the corner of a fairly busy road, but it's quiet inside the rooms.

Staff were super friendly and welcoming. It's a 10 minute walk from Garibaldi Station, or if like me , you accidentally got off at Milan Central, 20 minutes (I'm a fast walker - so adjust accordingly). The Wifi was fast, the rooms comfortable and clean. They have happy hour at the bar with free bar snacks, and It's not just crisps and nuts - a selection of nibbles. If you were on a budget you could probably skip dinner.

Good value but not opposite train station !
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

When we booked we were thinking it was a Walk across the road from garibaldi station but it is actually a good 15 minutes in the heat of the day !! Better to get a cab

Room was good with kids in a separate room but joined to ours

A cheap option to stay in Garibaldi
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Noisy neighbourhood (tram track next to hotel), poor air conditioning, limited breakfast option for hot cooked meal, mostly cold cuts were served. Charged a city tax which was not mentioned at time of booking.

Beds were comfortable & bathrooms were clean & modern.

Perfectly acceptable accommodations
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I felt the front desk was frequently condescending. And you never knew when bottled water would be available. Inexplicably they would draw a curtain down over the dispenser and feign ignorance.

We were given a corner front room that was larger than others. There was a self service laundry very close. There were two tram lines literally out the front door and Metro not far.

Value For Money
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Very less options for Vegetarian person in the breakfast

The staff was very polite. Being sunday all ticket outlets for local transport was closed. The gentleman at the reception gave me the tickets they kept for guests. There is an excellent Indian Restaurent within 8-10 min walkable distance from Hotel.

Great service at this hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We came in very late and the staff was very accommodating. They made lots of helpful suggestions and were able to call up a taxi when needed. They gave us an excellent breakfast the next morning. I really appreciated all of the front desk staff and the kitchen staffs help.

Not what I expected. Staff is great though.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We were accomodated first in a room close to the train rails, it was way to noisy. The safe was broken, the shower looked a bit old but that was not the problem the shower had some dark spots, :(, would help a deep cleaning or maybe was just lack of paint.

The staff. They were very helpful and change us to another room because the safe was not working

the tv, the central position, and that the hotel is walking...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room wasn't clean enough and the garbage can had not been emptied before we arrived.

the tv, the central position, and that the hotel is walking distance from Corso Como too!

Perfect service
    • Executive Double Room

I invited my brother for this hotel as gift. And he said perfect service. So i guess i only said thank you to make his stay great stay even just for one night.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

The start at the front desk were great.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room is very small and the surrounding area does not have any restaurants . Have to walk but the location to the city centre is closer .

The start at the front desk were great. Very helpful.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Breakfast was very good with plenty of choices.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was very good with plenty of choices. Special corner with Gluten Free and FIT products. Room small but nice and clean. Personal very friendly and helpful.

Good hotel with easy access to City Centre and Malpensa Airport.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It is the second time I am staying at this hotel. The hotel is nice and the rooms are comfortable but the bathrooms are just a let down! They are not nice and poorly done. And during this specific stay, the shower/bath was blocked and I nearly slipped twice when trying to get in.

This hotel is good for its location if you land at Malpensa airport. Malpensa Express stops at Garibaldi train station and the hotel is only a short walk-away. I also like that you can take the Tramway in front of the hotel to get to the city centre.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

Very good choice for modarate buget

Parking is expensive

Very good price for a nice location and good hotel. It is next to the train station. There is a tram just next to the hotel door. Good service, breakfast was very nice.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

Perfect hotel, I will stay here again in my next visit to Milan.

No thing at all

Every thing was perfect. Thank you Holiday Inn. Even Taxi and privet drivers they can provide it fastly within 5 min. I consider it as 5 stars hotel.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

Good Stay !!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

1. Its not next to the station to what i expected.. it s almost 800m-1km walk. 2. No Supermart around the hotel 3. No English Channel on Tv

1. Wifi was great. 2. Awesome Breakfast

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

Small design hotel with excellent value for cost
    • Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Lack of staff in the bar when the restaurant is busy.

Breakfast excellent, rooms and hotel are well designed and stylish. Excellent value for the cost. However when restaurant is full do not except a coffee in the bar because all staff is busy with the restaurant guests.:(

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Great building and location, but management must improve
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I booked a non-smoking room; however the receptionist gave me a smoking room, without notice; only after entering the room I realized the mistake, but "they were full", (I didn't believe it). The availability of PC was fine, but the printer wasn't connected, the receptionist offered to print my document, sent to his email address, with a possible lack of confidentiality.

Perfect location for business Kettle in the room

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

Quiet and Cozy place, warm reception staff
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

As with other pictures on booking.com, the room is smaller than what it looks like in the pictures

The staff. Very nice group of people. Hotels are not very open to changes when booked through travel websites, but they were helpful and accommodating. Helped us with directions etc.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

Comfortable stay on Tram and Metra routes.
    • Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The breakfast was under-inspiring at best and quite costly at that, the WiFi was often not working. The staff were friendly enough, but when complaining about WiFi they just pulled up their shoulders. The hotel driver that was trust upon me to take me back to airport costed twice what a taxi would!

Nice large room and the location is on tram route and close to station so easy to get around.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

We couldn't eat the fusion japanese restaurant food.
    • Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

We couldn't eat the fusion japanese restaurant food. The tempura and salad are very dry. We were not given any sauce and when we requested if we can change the order. After the menu was given the waiter never returned. They charged us in full. We were very disappointed.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

Perfect!
    • Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The bed is very comfortable, the breakfast is good, the room is very clean, the location is great (the tram stop to Duomo and other places is just next to the hotel), there are few good restaurants around.

Aircon was poor.
    • Executive Queen Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Aircon was poor. Room was not cold.

Loved it!!
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Breakfast was amazing and service was impeccable

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Ideal location for access to tourist activities & local lifestyle
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Located close to the station & trams

Clean and comfortable room
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Difficult to get to walking from station even though it’s close

Room was very clean and comfortable

Accessible to the train station.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Accessible to the train station.

comfortable convenience

all was good

comfortable convenience

Lovely comfortable and quiet room.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Lovely comfortable and quiet room. Friendly and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Just a standard Holiday Inn, western style hotel.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Second towel would be nice.

Just a standard Holiday Inn, western style hotel. If you don't want to have a risk, choose place like this.

The reception staff - was very friendly, made my stay

The reception staff - was very friendly, made my stay

Bed is comfortable.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Tv station is only in italian. Could not understand.

Bed is comfortable. Facilities very good. Staff very helpful and friendly

Good breakfast, clean rooms and friendly staff

Rooms were a little small

Friendly staff. Very clean

Very convenient and comfortable.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

love the bed and facilities in the room. location is also excellent. staff is very friendly and helpful.

I enjoyed Milan and the central location of the hotel
    • Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Excellent location and friendly staff

Standard Holiday Inn facilities but expensive for location.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Rather expensive for the location.

Good size room and bathroom. Comfortable. Breakfast was good. Location was good for public transport.

Needs a detailed map or directions from the Garabaldi train...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Needs a detailed map or directions from the Garabaldi train station.

Browse Holiday Inn Milan Garibaldi Station traveller photo gallery