Reviews of Hotel Milani 3 stars

Via Magenta 12, Central Station, 00185 Rome, Italy

#412 of 921 hotels in Rome

Reasonably priced hotel in central location

Surly reception staff on arrival and during the stay. Hotel pictures on Booking.com make it look much bigger than it is.

Dining room staff and housekeeping were lovely. Room was clean and very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Hotel with all ticks for our needs close to Termini
    • Double or Twin Room

Nothing much, forgot that we had breakfast included in the package and missed it as woke up late due to tiredness from all the walking.

Close to Termini Station as we walked to the hotel in 10 mins using google map. The room aircon was good and the room was clean. House keeping was very through in cleaning the room and toilets. There are plenty of shops near by and 2 restaurant close by.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

We were very pleased to be able to have access to a room...
    • Double or Twin Room

We wish that they had tea making facilities in the room.

We were very pleased to be able to have access to a room when we arrived on an early flight from France.

Nice place to stay!
    • Double or Twin Room

The Only thing we couldnt swicth off the air conditioner in the early morning sometimes it is a bit cold.

Not far from the major attractions, restaurants, bars. It is also near termini station. Staffs are very nice and available 24/7. Cleaning is done everyday. Overall it was a nice stay.

good location if you want to be near the train station.

I would not stay near the train station next time.

good location if you want to be near the train station. Hotel has a good breakfast. Rooms are clean and comfortable.

Location to the Rome termini central train station was very...

Neighborhood was a little sketchy at night. The accommodations were just okay. No frills.

Location to the Rome termini central train station was very close

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Pleasant stay
    • Double or Twin Room

Not every member of the staff speaks english well, on our first day the reception guy didnt help us at all, he just gave us the room key and letting us go without any useful info.(when the breakfast is served,etc)

The room was well equipped, The staff was very helpful. On our last day we left our luggage at the luggage room, they offered that we can leave there for free. The breakfast was also really delicious, there was a wide selection of everything that you would like at a breakfast: salty and sweet options. They changed the towels and the bin, made the bed every day, refilled the shower gel, it is more than enough for a 3-star hotel! It is close to termini station, which is very convenient, from Termini you can reach out everywhere within rome, with metro, bus, taxi.

Location and location
    • Double or Twin Room

They sent me to one of their hotels(?) nearby when I got there. If they informed it, I didn't need to go there with a big luggage.

Location is great. It is just next to Termini station and breakfast was also great.

Not clean, bed bugs coz I have bites. they don’t change linen I think. Hair noticed on the pillow. Good I always have linen wd me to cover the bed.

Staff were some of the most miserable people I've ever met while travelling.
    • Double or Twin Room

Staff were some of the most miserable people I've ever met while travelling. Not once did reception staff even smile while both checking in or checking out. Learn some manners !!!! WiFi did not work during entire stay !

The perfect combination of location, price, cleanliness and...

The perfect combination of location, price, cleanliness and comfort. I'm not a creature of comfort and don't spend an inordinate amount of time in my hotel room or the hotel. Hotel Milani had a wonderful staff, and gave me more for my money that my coworkers who paid over twice my rate only a block away!!

Very amiable staff, comfortable room, located very close to...

Found it too expensive. Didn't like the cleaning stuff smell in the corridor. The doors bang when you don't pay particular attention while closing them, it was quite noisy in the late evening, you can hear a lot what's going on in the hotel around you. Some parts of the room (like doors) look oldish. Breakfast ok but no more than that. The towel heater in the bathroom didn't work.

Very amiable staff, comfortable room, located very close to Termini, on quite a nice street.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

good value ,good location, good staff
    • Double or Twin Room

Extremely efficient and helpful staff and plenty of them . Breakfast is good value.Rooms are clean, reasonably spacious . All desk staff speak English . A delightful woman on desk duty got us two 5 person taxis two mornings in a row for our group of 10 people.Desk helpful with restaurant recommendations too. We have stayed here 3 times now and recommend it to friends .

Convenient, clean, a good breakfast and generally helpful staff

The newer staff were maybe less helpful than we have appreciated on our previous visits. Patrizia is a charmer and always goes out of her way to help guests. The internet was down on our floor for more than 12 hours, despite requests to fix e.g. reboot the router. Once that was done, it worked again. I was a bit disappointed, but my husband thought I was 'being a hard marker'. I might consider another property next time we return to Rome, but he continues to be a fan of the Milani. Being able to heat some water for a cup of tea in our room would be a real bonus for us.

We always chose to stay at the Hotel Milani when we visit Rome. It is conveniently close to Termini, Rome's major intercity railway station. Also a Metro station and bus interchange. It is close to OK restaurants and a laundry. It is clean, has generally helpful staff, who speak good English.

really disappointed

booked a "superior" room with king size bed. got a tiny, shabby room with 2 single beds. foul smell coming from the bathroom. crazily overpriced even for central Rome.

Very short walk from Termini train station

The room was cleaned every day

The air conditioning didn't work at all; the shower leaked, causing the bathroom to flood every time either of us took a shower. The bed was horrible, and by the end of 5 days, my lower back and left leg were hurting so badly I could barely walk (and I'm young with no hx of problems).

The room was cleaned every day

A great, comfortable, hotel in a great location.
    • Double or Twin Room

Location to Centrale station, shops and restaurants was excellent. Colosseum and Roman Forum was a 20 minute walk away. Staff are very friendly and helpful and can assist with tour bookings.

Good base for walking, exploring and enjoying Rome.

Breakfast was OK, but compared with other breakfasts, even in other budget hotels, it was ordinary.

This is in a great part of town with plenty of restaurants. We chose it because our stay was brief and we wanted maximum access to rail and metro travel. It is a good area to wander and explore.

Hotel is located just two minutes away from Central station...
    • Double or Twin Room

There could have been a few more options on breakfast, but still it was a good one with at least 2 option on eggs, bacon, croissants and other options.

Hotel is located just two minutes away from Central station of Rome. We arrived in the middle of the day. Sun was burning, we checked in within minutes of arriving and proceed to the room. There we got in to a perfect temperature room. Air condition is working all day long on the temperature you set it too. That was amazing. Room was big and clean. Bathroom as well. Overall one of the best value for money hotel I ever booked.

Convenient location.
    • Superior Twin Room

Bathroom fittings are old. Staff not that friendly but answered questions that I had

Convenient location. Very close to Roma Termini station and buses. Room was spacious

A nice classy place and super convenient

One of the roads getting to the hotel is not as clean with smells

The room was clean, classy and with its personal touch, nice view looking into the courtyard

Air condition did not work properly.

Air condition did not work properly. It was possible to set it up from 14 to 17 C only, and after manual switching off it started freezing the room again in a coupe of minutes.

Milani - great for transit in Rome
    • Double or Twin Room

Wifi worked well on ground floor but not so well in my room. There were a few stairs to negotiate after the lift so the room I had might not be ideal for people with mobility problems.

Excellent location near the train station. The whole property is well presented. Reception staff spoke English which was handy because my Italian is very poor. The breakfast buffet was very nice. The room was clean, comfortable and well appointed. (I enjoyed watching Xena dubbed in Italian on the TV too.) They were happy to store my luggage and I was able to lock my bag securely in the storage room.

So-so
    • Double or Twin Room

It can't be called "breakfast". Only light snacks. The room was tiny and dark even with the open window. The most important thing: ask the receptionist to switch the air conditioner off!

Good location? near the Termini railway station and metro station. Only 2 stops to Colloseum.

Breakfasts were very good and the price was very reasonable.

Nothing really.

Breakfasts were very good and the price was very reasonable. Air conditioning was superb for the very high temperatures. Excellent location and very near the red sightseeing bus hop on and off stop.

Great location, decent hotel

Some of the staff were grumpy-particularly kitchen and reception staff. Seems the rooms are inconsistent with sizes and what is in each room. No bar

Great location, god wi-fi and comfortable room. Super breakfast

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Train Stop

Wifi not available in our room. Only downstairs in large seating area.

Older hotel but 5 mins from Roma Termini. Quiet, comfortable and easy to find. Very good buffet breakfast.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Convenient location.
    • Double or Twin Room

Wi-fi a bit weak. Furniture a bit old.

Bathroom recently renewed. Clean and large room. Friendly personnel. Hotel is conveniently located 3 minutes away from termini station.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Enjoyable snd comfortable

There breakfast.It wasn't bad I feel they need more selections,fruits,yogurt and meats

The convenience of being close to the train station and all other transportation.Also resturant s and coffee shops.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Very very close to central station, 3 min walk.
    • Superior Twin Room

Breakfast wasn't very nice or appealing. Terrible coffee machine.. I wanted the real deal when in Italy! Beds are very very hard and uncomfortable.

Very very close to central station, 3 min walk.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Not worth it
    • Double or Twin Room

The old man that works there was very unfriendly and hasty with dealing with us. He was just rude in general. The wifi only works in the lobby, which is frustrating. I asked the old man about it and he said, " oh, it might work later." This man was very dismissive. The beds are stiff and the pillows are flat. I woke up with a crank in my neck. There were flies flying around the food at breakfast and the whole hotel was very rundown.

The breakfast was decent and the air conditioning worked.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Short stay in Rome

Was there for a trip to Rome for a couple of days. Excellent location and good connectivity in and around the city. Access to all kind of public transport and also accessible to a lot of places on foot. Enjoyed the stay. Good breakfast.

I didn't fly out of Rome until later that afternoon, the...
    • Double or Twin Room

The mini bar did not have many choices.

I didn't fly out of Rome until later that afternoon, the staff kept my bags in a locked room while I explored the city. I came back after seeing the sites and picked up my bag and headed to the train station which was just two blocks away.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

Good value for the price!
    • Double or Twin Room

It was ok for the price paid. The initial double room had a electrical problem so had to be shifted to a twin, but it was fine. Had to just spend a night so no complains. Good proximity to the main train station and metros though.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

lovely hotel, quiet and friendly staff. Accessible to most sights and shopping.

although the wifi was accessable it was a bit patchy at times.

the room was lovely, and the sights of rome were not too far. staff were helpful and friendly. it was surprisingly quiet being in a busy area.

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

Excellent second option given the price (3-4 days max)
    • Double or Twin Room

Beds: small and not very comfy Wifi: stopped working for a day but in general it's really good Furniture: A bit old, but acceptable Cleanliness: not dirty but not the cleanest

Location: 3 mins walk from the metrostation, 10 mins ride to the Center with the metro. Stuff: knowledgle, not the friendliest in the world but very respectful Room: A double room was good in size Vending machine: it's inside the hotel and it contains cookies, water and soda. Also there was a coffee machine They accepted to check me in early (9:30 am)

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Value for the money
    • Double or Twin Room

The lady and I am not one to get personal in the breakfast area clearly needs some customer service training, she did not want to be there in our opinion.

The room etc was good and value for money hotel. The reception area were excellent, and overall I would be happy to stay again.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

Best Value
    • Double or Twin Room

A bit noisy the morning, some travelers are leaving the hotel too early in the mornings and the room cleaning services are starting too early.

Good location, close to Termini train station and Metro (50-100m), easy and quit neighborhood. Excellent breakfast. Pleasant stuff at the reception.

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

Location is great near the Rome Termini station, rich...
    • Double or Twin Room

Could have more comfortable pillows(they were flat), bathroom door needed effort and alignment to close properly.

Location is great near the Rome Termini station, rich breakfast, a good inexpensive choise.Great variety of facilities available.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

very good location and breakfast
    • Double or Twin Room

room temperature cannot be adjusted and a little bit too warm

fulfill my request quickly luggage keeping good and safe very good breakfast from 6:30--10

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

An Excellent 3* Hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

I asked about a taxi to Ciampino and I've been told it costs 50 eur when in reality I knew it was 30 from Termini. I think that irrespective what taxi company they use, they should inform guests that they can get a taxi 20 euro cheaper from Termini (1min away). I didn't like this.

Excellent value for money. Everything exceeded our expectations considering the price we've paid :)

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Quite decent but under expecations.
    • Double or Twin Room

No attention to details, nothing is repared until really not working at al, quite dirty walls and flooring. Heating in the room was not working, shower with only hot water. 12V TV !? strange..

Decent breakfast, good location, good stuff.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Very expensive in comparing what you have gained.
    • Double or Twin Room

Paying 125€ per nite per room, its not fair to have a room without window. Personnel in reception seems to be fed up with their work and skirting you off.

Very closer to the Termini central station.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

The location is very near the Roma termini rail station.

One female staff member on reception (an older lady - didn't catch her name) was bossy, sarcastic, and at times just plain rude. Not enough to put me off staying here in the future, but management should be aware of her attitude towards the customers.

The location is very near the Roma termini rail station. There are also lots of restaurants in the area. The room was about average sized for an inner city hotel in Rome. Breakfast was what we had come to expect from this level of accommodation and catered for most tastes. Staff were generally very good, professional and pleasant to deal with. All spoke English very well.

A nice comfortable room close to the railway station.
    • Double or Twin Room

A nice comfortable room close to the railway station.

Nothing to complain

Excellent location, helpful staff

The location was very convenient, 3 minute walk from the Termini.

We came by train and left by train, easy walking distance to...
    • Double or Twin Room

Reception staff were quite grumpy.

We came by train and left by train, easy walking distance to main train station. Very clean room.

Just for one night

Clean bed

Very clean hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

Very clean hotel. Great staff.

Relatively old hotel with old facilities.
    • Double or Twin Room

Relatively old hotel with old facilities. Breakfast is very normal, nothing very good.

Close to the station and quiet.

We would have liked a kettle.

Close to the station and quiet.

Good for money

Good for money

Hotel miliani

Are slightly run down.

Near the station and the airport bus

location near to the main station

mold in the bathroom, no fan or window in the bathroom

location near to the main station

Fair.

neighborhood

Close to metro

Close to metro

Good hotel in great location for transport links to attractions
    • Double or Twin Room

Central heating on all night made room uncomfortably warm

Great location. Clean rooms

The location its perfect.
    • Double or Twin Room

The wifi is the worst wi fi i had in my entire life.

The location its perfect. You can walk from there to the station

Convenient location, quiet street.

Convenient location, quiet street.

very good location, friendly staff, clean rooms, good...

very good location, friendly staff, clean rooms, good breakfast . For dinner I recommend Tratorria La Famiglia (not far from hotel - 300 m)

The room was a little dark

Distance to the station and close to downtown

Needs more choice for hot breakfast.
    • Double or Twin Room

Needs more choice for hot breakfast. All they had was Bacon and scrambled eggs.

Big room.

Big room.

It's ok, but expensive for such little space.

It's very small!

It's very small, but it's clean and comfort.

good location

street noise at nite

good location

we enjoyed our trip too rome

The hotel was very clean sheets and towels clean every day and central to all the tourist attractions

Proximity to train station
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff was very unfriendly. They were not at all interested in being helpful.

Proximity to train station

A 1 night sleepover close to the station.
    • Double or Twin Room

Needs a new coat of paint.

Location close to Roma Termini.

Bed was hard as a rock.

Bed was hard as a rock. Air was set to 78f and could not be changed. Breakfast was excellent and staff friendly

Level 2 need to walk no elevator

Level 2 need to walk no elevator

Great budget hotel
    • Superior Twin Room

My third stay at this hotel. love the location, clean rooms and great value for money

Great hotel in an excellent location! Returning to hotel Milani before our return to Australia.

Bad Wifi connection

Location, room size and facilities

Street noise