Reviews of Hotel Milo 3 stars

Via Principe Amedeo 76, Central Station, 00185 Rome, Italy

#660 of 921 hotels in Rome

• Quadruple Room

Property in poor state of repair. Lots of stairs and a tiny lift that we couldn’t all fit in

Lovely helpful staff available 24hrs a day. Very clean everywhere

Fully regretted since the 1st minute. Awful bed. Old and not working equipments(fridge). Small shower. Average breakfast (no shaked eggs, bacon or fruits), small place to every one. Common entrance four several hotels, you must ring in the entrance and for your floor. Old elevator with cables on sight Staff indicated a private parking for 35 €/day when you can find nearby for 20€

Just the location and the time to leave

• Double or Twin Room

Expected to be more comfortable. Not worth the money we paid!

Hotel is situated at right place where one can get good meal and also shops are near by. Connectivity wise, good.

• Quadruple Room

Terrible experience... This is more a hostel or 1* hotel, I would never give it a 3***! We made a reservation for three rooms and when we arrived, it appeared that the hotel only had a booking for one room. After many discussions, we got a second room for three where the hotel located one additional bed, so that four people can sleep. We showed all our bookings however the gentleman on the reception did not find any booking. Later, it appeared that our booking was there, only he could not find it!... The breakfast was terrible, only three types of croissants, no eggs, no fruits, no bread. The hotel is also very old and noisy.

• Double or Twin Room

Really loud hotel. The doors of the bedrooms are really thin so you can hear everything. To make this situation worse, the employees started cleaning the bedrooms around 8 and yell around the corridors talking with each other. There’s just one small elevator for more than one hotel and we were at the 5th floor.

The shower is pretty good it’s powerful and hot. Location right in front of términi station. Employees at the reception and breakfast were nice and kind.

• Double or Twin Room

Hotel shares building with other budget hotels. Reception at first floor our room on 6th floor. Very small and unreliable lift only goes to 5th floor. Lots of stairs to climb which was ok for our group but would not be for elderly or people with young children

Basic budget hotel. Clean with decent breakfast

• Quadruple Room

Coffee was poor. It would be great if things change.

This Italian hotel is a wonderful one. I love its location, our spacious room (for 4 people), tasty cacao with fresh croissants. Especially, many thanks to Valerio who can fix any problem and is always ready to help. We would definitely come back.

• Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was limited. The pastries tasted stale and there was no toast or fruit. The hotel is next door to a restaurant and there is a horrible smell of grease in the upstairs lobby area

Thle location is brilliant. Termini train station is just around the corner. The collossium and Trevi Fountain can be reached within 20 minutes by foot. The staff are friendly and our room was cleaned daily and toiletries are provided in the bathroom

• Double or Twin Room

Poor quality of bed and pillows. Actually in the room were two small beds together that moving instead of one large.

Very good location and nice staff. Enough heating as I was on January. Cleaning every day.

The location is excellent if you want to see historical centre of Rome on your footsteps. Many atraction which deserve to be seen are in close vicinity (St Maria Maggiore, Museo nacionale romano, St Giovanni in lateralno, Fontana di Trevi). Rooms have enough space, beds are comfortable. Cleanliness in bedrooms( sheets, floors) and bathrooms is on high level. Bathrooms are small but have everything you need. Staff is very friendly. They communicate with guests using very simpatic combination of english and italian language. Reception works 24 hours. Termini station is about two minuts of walk, just arround the corner, which can be very important when you are comming in the town for the first time.

• Double or Twin Room

room heating switched off in the middle of the night so it was a little cool in the morning, small shower cabin

Excellent location, we had a big room (about 16-17 m2), clean, breakfast available

No one told me about a security deposit charge. Just saw an extra charge on my bank account and had to ask what it was for by email because I had already checked out.

The check in guy spoke excellent English. I was already nervous because the taxi guy didn't so I thought my trip was going to be a lot more difficult but he gave my heart some ease.

• Double or Twin Room

Too much noise, no sleep after 6:30 AM since we had the room at the first floor close to the reception area. You can hear everything (doors, guests, chairs, footsteps, people talking)

nice staff, easy accessible area, very close to Termini

Elevator small, and did not go all the way to ground floor. Wifi function was optional, kept dropping an already weak signal. A ridiculously tiny shower. Expensive for value received.

We were really surprised that some of the breakfast staff did not speak or understand a word of English and did not make an effort to accomodate. The hotel itself is in an old building, I guess it past part of its charm but it is not for a travelling family with a baby. The bathrooms although clean and an extra effort was made to keep it that way (highly appreciated) the shower space was very tight.

We really liked the proximity to Termini train stations and the restaurants around. Very close to Cavour Boulevard which can be easily walked to almost everywhere. Our room was really clean and it was cleaned on a daily basis with fresh towels everyday. The reception staff was freindly and professional. Unfortunately the breakfast staff was not.

Advert pictures not a true reflection of the hotel in general Could not sit on the toilet without your knees hitting the bidet Hotel on many alternative floors, intermingled with other hotels in the same building The rooms are tired and in need of upgrading

Very close to main rail station also to hop on hop off bus route Restaurant in the area, good

• Double or Twin Room

Had to carry large cases up stairs because lift doesn't go to all floors. Ran out of toilet paper as there was only a small amount on the roll and now extra. Had to ask for a remote control for the air conditioner.

It was close yo Roma Termani

May hurt your empression only the short distance to the railway. Lots of immigrants, but they don't cause a damage

Oh, it is great! The location is too good to walk all the Rome around. If you need to go somewhere you can easily choose any transport. There are lots of cafes over here, any menu and price! The room is pretty good, clean and is equipped with all amenities.

The shower stream was not working well. It's like foggy. I could open my eyes for foggy water. And it was difficult to wash my body.

Good location. Clean room.

• Quadruple Room

Very average/ below average hotel, very disappointed with the amenities they provide. Other than linen and shampoo don't expect anything, no ironing facility either, Word of advice, don't bother to ask for B'fast, it's nothing like an English breakfast we are used to. Only milk and cereals. Staffs are very unhelpful, but there are plenty of restaurants around to fend for.

Property was well located, poor landmark, difficult to find it first

I stayed for four nights and was traveling alone, but I honestly would have paid more money to stay in a better "hotel". It is called Hotel Milo, but you get the feel of a hostel, in which I have stayed in hostels much better than this for a cheaper price. I am an experienced traveler and have stayed at many other hotels and hostels around Europe, including Rome, and may I say there are several other hotels in the same building that are much better if you would like the same location and air condition. If you are staying here for just a place to crash for the night, it is not so bad, but that was my purpose and my experience was horrendous. I booked a single person room and had friends come over that did not stay the night, but waited in my air conditioned room for 20 minutes. I was yelled at for bringing people into my room who were not staying the night because apparently a "single person bedroom is for one person only". Also, I was also yelled at for breakfast because the hours are from 0730-0930 and you have the option of taking it out, I returned the dishes at 0945 and the lady starts pointing at the sign saying "These are the hours, you don't know that?" Then, everyday for four days at around 1000-1100 when I sleeping because I spent most nights out late, I received a call kindly asking if I would like my room cleaned. I politely declined, but was startled shortly after being kicked out of my room claiming that "You need to get out while we clean, you can wait in the patio". I was staring at the lady dumbfoundedly after stating that I would not like my room cleaned for the day, but I had to wait outside my room in my pajamas until they were done anyway. The lady left with no apology, besides smiling and said "Ciao!" Because we have to leave our key at the front desk every time we leave the building, I was skeptical about my valuables when I would leave.

It's a good location, about a five minute walk from Termini, Roma's main train station, and a 15-20 minute walk to Roma's City Centre and monuments. I also liked that a decent continental breakfast was included in the price, which is served from 0730-0930 offering options from a variety of croissants and bread, cold cuts, cheese, and yogurt. Staying here for four nights in the summer, it was great having the option to have air condition as it averaged 100 degrees fahrenheit or 38 degrees celsius every day, but you do have to ask them to turn it on.

• Quadruple Room

We had a nice room on the fifth floor, but the elevator can only take three people at a time and was often occupied. If you find it difficult to climb stairs, you shall at least take a room on the lowest possible floor.

We had a room with a double and two single beds, and very little street noise. Good for a family with two teenage children. We felt at home at the hotel, there were plenty of good low cost restaurants in the area, nice areas to go for a stroll, we could actually walk down to Colosseum. The hotel is close to the Termini Station, which made it easy to take the Metro to other parts of the city when sightseeing (and to get there from the airport.)

• Double or Twin Room

No kettle to make coffee or tea in room.

Family run hotel, super kind!!! Very helpful. Good breakfast. p.s. La signora Floriana è gentilissima 😃😃. ------ Nadia (Malta)

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Double or Twin Room

All the breakfast choices were too sweet. There was sweet orange juice, sweet cereal and sweet croissants.There was no air conditioning in our room so we requested a fan. It would have been too hot and stuffy otherwise.

The hotel was in a great location for the train, buses and hop on and hop off tours. In reality you could walk to most of Rome's highlights from here. There were lots of places to eat close by but we preferred the restaurant below to the left of the street entrance.

• Double or Twin Room

Although it was clean and well situated, the pictures made it look better than it was.

It was close to the central station with a good selection of restaurants and bars. Also he windows were double glazed which meant it was extremely quiet, allowing for a good nights sleep.

• Double or Twin Room

Very small shower cubicle. It is difficult to turn around.

breakfast tasty but too monotonous. The room was cleaned daily with the exchange towels. You can leave your suitcase without charge as long as you want

• Double or Twin Room

It doesn't have a/c so I had to open the windows it was impossible to sleep because of the extremely noisey neighborhood. Also, the bed was rundown and very uncomfortable. The internet barely functions

Close to Termini station Spatious room

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast with hard boiled eggs would be an upgraded feature as well as some fresh fruit.

Well located property to the metro station, national train connections, and the highlights of Rome. 20 minute walk to the Collesiuml

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Lift is above ground floor The streets around the hotel are noisy even after mid night till 01:30am Mini bar is not good at all

The hotel is near termini station People are friendly

• Quadruple Room

The shower was too small and you couldnt remove the shower from its place which was a disadvantage for the kids. Also there was a missing bar in the stairs railing at the 1st floor, small kids can pass through and fall.

Good breakfast, staff very friendly especially Roberto which fixed our wifi problem in our room. Spacious room. Even staff at breakfast room were very helpful. Very central, close to Termini Station, 1 km away from Colosseum .

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The staff at the breakfast were not nice at all. They didn't speak English, the were not friendly with the customers.

The room was clean and comfortable. The location near Termini station was very good to reach the center of the public transportation in Rome. Many restaurants near by.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was disappointing; we ended up eating elsewhere during our stay. Also the comfort of the bed was below average. Some springs were loose and not comfortable at all.

The WiFi was excellent, a lot better than I expected. Usually hotel WiFi is spotty, but I had no trouble streaming Netflix in my room.

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

Many hotels where in the same building with a common door.

Staff was very friendly and helpful, Location was great near Termini, clean hotel, Wifi was good.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The entrance area is not very welcoming-it's an old building-no lobby either.The elevator is old.Breakfast was poor and the area around the hotel not one of the nicest in Rome.I wouldn't choose it for family holiday. Having said that , i still think it was a very good choice for a short stay ,so close to Termini which was important.

Clean and spacious room.Nice smelling bed sheets!The heating was working great( felt nice as it was cold outside) and it was quiet too.Polite stuff.Very close to Termini so it was really convenient for short stay -value for money.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

Service .

Service - no body help us to bring our luggage to our room. The elevator was on the ist floor but we have to bring our big luggage to the elevator.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Horrific smell when you enter the foyer to find the hotel that is located on the first floor. Room is old, and this is not a 3 star hotel by any standard.

Convenient to Termini station. Air con is good.

• Reviewed: 29 June 2016

• Quadruple Room

We booked for a 3 airconditioned triple rooms but one room has none & only an electric fan charging us same rate, if we did'nt question & asked they will not give a discount. That was really disgusting & trully not recommendable also my 2 daughters had mite or bug bites because they lack cleanliness on their linens & towels

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Not an issue for us but it looked like you had to walk up 2 flights of stairs to reach the first level before the lift started. We were on level 5 and took stairs always but was a lift from level 1 if needed. Small straight forward simple room, nothing special but fine for short one night stay.

Very close to central train station - we came in late and were catching an early flight so the hotel was perfect, just a couple of blocks away. Quick check in. Restaurants straight outside. Great wifi.

Location and friendly Staff

Bathroom was too small

Close to station

• Double or Twin Room

Hard to find. Had to ask a few times

Convenient for us but hard to find weather but can't predict that. Poured rainh

Coffee making facility in room. Mini fridge not stocked.

Excellent location. Central to trains, taxis public transport.

• Double or Twin Room

Great location. Room clean . Great wifi. 😄👍.

Not very clean room,very poor brekfast

Staff is frendli, wery good location

• Quadruple Room

Thanks to Roberto, Valerio, Tony and the other staff. They were excellent and helpfull. Will visit again and recommend it to others.

Hard beds

Proximity to public transportation was awesome

Smart and clean room. Friendly and humorous hosts. Location is 5/5. Easy to reach the sightseeings or the public transport.

• Double or Twin Room

Room and bathroom was very clean and comfortable. Very convenient location, short walk from Roma Termini.

• Double or Twin Room

Not so quiet, but it's ok

Very cleen and nice

• Quadruple Room

One lady in the kitchen doesn't talk and even smile.

Close to the termini...and it is in the center.

• Double or Twin Room

breakfast was bad. not worth it.

they gave us a good clean room overlooking the street.

the shower cabin is too small and the shower is fixed in the wall.

the room was cleaned every day

Good

Decent

A bit small.

Excellent location for the Termini train station. Excellent value for money. Nice breakfast.

Dirty, old hotel . A big NO

Very close to the train station.

Did not have breakfast there...the location suited me as a single traveler as it was close to the mercato centrale food court at termini station

Very very small

• Double or Twin Room

Shower tap is old and unstable...

Kindness, good location, clean Good restaurant in front of the hotel..

• Quadruple Room

Family room was big and good value

Cleanliness, friendly staff, location .

Breakfast was lousy

easy access yo train station

• Quadruple Room

They are not accountable. no respect to the customer. I didn't get the room which I booked .

Small shower

Good location, breakfast, clean room

• Double or Twin Room

Decor a bit old fashioned

Close to public transport.

The elevator too small

Staff and location

• Double or Twin Room

Building is shared with another hotel and some local residents.

Good destination near railway station. Nice staff.

• Double or Twin Room

The view of garbage on neighbors roof

Cleanliness

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

The room was noisy, smelt bad.

Owner's customer service

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Fridge was dirty

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

The location is very convenient, main tourist attractions within walking distance, staff very friendly and good breakfast included.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

The beds were not clean

Position

• Reviewed: 24 November 2016

They blocked my money and asked me to pay cash , my money is still blocked

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

No lift you need to carry your llaguage to the first floor

People are nice

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

No air condition in the room

Browse Hotel Milo traveller photo gallery