Reviews of Hotel Mirage 2 stars

Via Milazzo 4, Central Station, 00185 Rome, Italy

#763 of 966 hotels in Rome

• Reviewed: 20 October 2018

2.5 points is too high!! 0 point for me !!

The hotel was not ready for check-in until 8:30 pm. The actual hostel location is further from the station. You only have to pay in cash when you pay for the hotel. The water pressure is weak. The refrigerator and electric breaker sounded loud. It is the worst hotel.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Clean and nice room near Termini

Only one thing - at the check-in they did not accept payment by credit/debit cards (both room price and city tax) and we have to run to the station searching for ATM to withdraw cash, though the hotel description does indicate acceptance of several cards for payment. maybe it was a temporary problem.

The hotel reception locates very close to Termini station, our room was in the next building. The room was renovated and very-very clean!! The room window was to the inside part of building, so it was quiet during evening/night. Hot water, TV, fridge, wifi works well - very good solution for 1-2 nights. We appreciated fast check-in.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

this hotel is very comfortable.

this hotel is very comfortable.the hotel is near to train station and breakfast is amazing(5€ per person includes 2 breads,sources and coffee, very delicious). the room is quitely and clean.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Nice location, other staff very polite and helpful.

The room was dirty. One of the staff was very root. Book room with road view and big double bed, still waiting. Find out single bed in the room, ask from reception other room for this and and they put one more single bed together with the other. Hotel was full so i have to stay there.

Nice location, other staff very polite and helpful.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Beyond Disappointed

I was put in another hotel 4 blocks away! Termini Train Station location is not a very safe area. Being put further away, as a single woman was unacceptable.

Not one damn thing! I booked at Hotel Mirage because it’s right across the street from Termini Train Station. I leave at 6:30 am. I was put in another hotel 4 blocks away. It was pouring rain when I left, so I got wet walking 4 blocks plus I had to walk by loiterers standing on the street. I was very frightened. I felt very unsafe.

It was a very short stay, we arrive late and depart very...

It was a very short stay, we arrive late and depart very early to the airport. The Receptionist was very kind and helpful! Good value for the money, really near the central station.

Redirecting no good.

After checking in and after payment the porter brought me to ANORHER PLACE. A B&B galaxy some block from the hotel I booked (at least I thought so). That was a surprise to me. I do not like not to receive what the pictures and the address shows me. Partly a matter of security(you never know where You will end up to,). I feel safer with a normal hotel than a strange room in a strange neighborhood. Also the description and pictures are not as described in the add. This hotell has added the information that The guest MIGHT be placed at mentioned location!! My feeling was that they advertise cheap price room with the nice hotel pictures and when customer arrives they they are directed to this aside place. I travel alot and sleep at many hotels, but never problems befor some year. So from now on I will not accept redirecting. IN THE MORNING NO HOT WATER. No SHOWER possible in the very hot weather. No to contact in the b & b.

The room was very nice and clean.

convenient location, has air-conditioning
    • Family Room

feels like a staying at a hostel instead of a hotel. 3 single bed and 1 bunk bed cramped into a supposedly 2-person room, and they call it a family room that fits 5 people. barely any space to walk. My kids nicked name this the "sardine can hotel"

convenient location, has air-conditioning

I arrived at the hotel at 8 o'clock in the evening, I went through the formalities. The front desk told me that I could stay at ten o'clock. I insisted that I waited for two hours to give me the room key. I met this hotel for the first time and went to Rome next time. I will never book this hotel.

Good, cheap but need some maintenece

The room was in poor conditions, expecially the walls were really dirty and almost discusting. I recomend to repaint them. The AC was working well but very noisy. The hall at the entrance of the hotel was smelling of smoke.

The position is very good and the night personel on duty was very welcoming. The price is not expensive unless if you consider that they charge an extra fee for cleening that in the hotel presentation is reported as included in the hotel services, and in the conditions of the room is added as extra, making the final price diferente from the announcements. Good strategy to presente one of the cheapest fares in the área. However is still a cheap option if you are travelling and need to stay near Termini station.

Nice location, nice staffs.

Room wasn't ready even though we arrived at 9pm which was weird. But no hassle, we just left our luggage and went for dinner. Also some neighbors were noisy late at night. Had to close the window so we could sleep.

Nice location, nice staffs. Lots of restaurants and shops around. Good value for money.

Convenient and Clean, close to main train station.

Conveniently located one block from Termini Train Station. Used as a quick overnight to continue to airport in the morning. I literally stayed less than 8 hours.

Great location. Lovely staff

Staff were very friendly. Helpful in every way . Excellent English and very accommodating. Location is so central to trains and metro. Airport bus stop only one minute up the road too. Excellent value for money. Will certainly be returning the next time were in Rome.

Its fine for those transient travelers but not for more than 2 days.
    • Quadruple Room

The location of the hotel is not what I expected. The streets outside are dirty & lots of people . I felt uncomfortable everytime we went out but I learn from outsiders that we have to be alert because its in the vicinity of Rome central station. The room was cold & I cant make the radiator warmer so I asked for more blankets & personale complied gladly. Our room is small for 4 persons. They just put 2 single bed.

The hotel location is good easy access to transportation , 2 mins walk to Termini station. Personale in the reception were accomodating. Oh ja I like the way the secured the door way to the elevator going up in our room

My usual place to book in Rome

No complaints

When I have to stay in Rome, this is the place I like to book. The staff is friendly, the room is all I need of it, the price is very good, and the location by the train and metro is very useful. Also, good restaurants near.

Ok for a one night stay. Any longer and this room would have been too small.

I booked a single room because it was all they had left. The single room is very small. This has nothing to do with the property as this was my choice.

The convenience from Termini Train Station and buses into Rome. The metro too.

would stay at least one block back from the termini if you want to sleep

it was straight across from the huge train termini , very noisy, lots of drunks across the street with barking dogs, loud upstairs all night, got no sleep in 3 nights.... nice enough place, but beds were like sleeping concrete and bad pillows

it was central to everything , buses restaurants trains

5 days in Mirage hotel, Rome

Apart from the bedroom, there is no place to relax (lounge space, bar…). Wifi reception quality in rooms (4th floor) is not good and the bedroom lighting is not adequate for reading. The breakfast is very basic and there is no choice apart from the coffee you request and the topping on your one croissant (marmalade, chocolate or cream) which is served to you at the table. The breakfast table had 2 types of cereal, a sliced cake and red juice that seemed to be made up of a lot of water. The check-in process was complicated and not clearly explained to me. On arrival I was asked to sign a credit card authorization for 85 euros, an amount that they had already charged to my credit card! (The hotel requested the refund of their earlier “pre-authorization” credit card charge of 85 euros). The hotel design is inconvenient in that there is one entrance to a small reception area and then a different entrance, next door, to get the lift to the rooms. On the first night I realized that my double bed was in fact 2 single beds pushed together and this was uncomfortable when moving around. I asked reception if I could change rooms to have a large bed. The hotel replied that I had in fact a “matrimonial” bed so no change was possible. I then suggested moving to a single room, which I visited, and requested a refund of the difference between the price of a double room, that I had paid for, and a single room. The hotel said that this was not possible since I had booked and paid for a double room. After 3 nights I said I was not satisfied and wanted to cancel my booking and get a refund for the last 2 nights. The hotel said that this was not possible.

hotel is in good central location.

Good location, average building, Poor Wi-Fi

Staff not very friendly (average grip on English) Poor Wi-Fi The building is very old and, other than the rooms, gives a deserted and haunted look

Good location close to Roma Termini Halal food available in vicinity High average breakfast

Close to transport and restaurants

area is going a little third world therefore unclean and many people hanging around the streets feels a little unsafe

Close to transport and restaurants

The manager was extremely helpful with all of our...

One of the rooms was on the train station side of the street and was extremely noisy.

The manager was extremely helpful with all of our arrangements and recommended great restaurants. The hotel is situated in an ideal location and it is very clean.

4.5
    Blah and nothing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See above

Nothing in this hotel is note worthy other than finding a better hotel - pictures are deceiving on their website and no degree of any ambiance - they are not even a 1 star hotel - but close to the train station and as most of Rome is numerous restaurants

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Good room sound insulation.

Breakfast was extremely poor. May be good only for one - two days. Room is not very spacious.

Good room sound insulation. Position close central train station and public transport. Cafes and restaurants nearby. Good WiFi. Comfortable bed.

Avoid at all costs!!!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The room I booked was a deluxe double, there was nothing deluxe about it! We questioned if it was the right room and that the air con didn't work, only to be told that they keep the hotel cold and the air con is actually used to heat the room! The breakfast is a joke, it is just a very small table with 2 tubes of cereal on, orange squash and a bottle of water. Save your money and go to McDonalds down the road. We were also overcharged for the room which we only found out when we tried to use our travel money card in another shop only for it to be declined. We returned to the hotel to question this and even showed them a copy of the card statement, only for them to refuse to do anything about it. This hotel is a total rip off, its not even worth spending the money for just 1 night. If you are unlucky enough to have booked this hotel and are unable to cancel, my only advice is to pay in cash that way they can't scam you!

Nothing, really bad all round

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

staff was pretty awesome.

nothing really. I like it as it was.

staff was pretty awesome. helpful and friendly. the location was great. a minute away from the central station, so, you can basically travel anywhere from there without any difficulty.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

More care about guests would be desirable

Poor breakfast After sightseeing and other activities , when we came back to hotel , we would only find clean towels - 5 out of 7 days, the maid kept forgetting to leave toilet paper and shower gel/shampoo , so in the evening, upon coming back to room we had to go to reception and ask for them. I even wrote a message on a piece of paper in Italian asking politely to leave toilet paper and shower gel , which I put on the table every day, but it didn't help... Heating turns on on automatically at 7 PM, and around midnight it switches off. Since it is winter time and daily temperature was even quite lower than usually in January, it's not pleasant to wake up in the morning without heating. One evening , we came back to room, frozen from outside coldness, but the heating wasn't turned on not even 7 PM, and nobody noticed that until around 8 PM we called reception to report. They managed to fix it by 9 PM (because it was allegedly broken). I asked them to leave the heating until morning because it was really very cold , but they didn't - it was switched of at midnight. I have been customer of this hotel for several years, but after experience from this January, next time , when I come to Rome I will definitely book some other hotel.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

old and dirty
    • Quintuple Room

very old. dirty building with a very small lift that is always out of order. bathroom door can only be opened with very great difficulty. this was reported 3 times and promised each time that it will be fixed asap . that never happened. my wife and two kids were bitten by bed bugs which is really expected as the mattresses are very very old. Avoid and book another hotel.

location only

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

Very near to the central station.

We found a bedbug insect the last night. Sth bit us all nights, maybe there were more. It was in a very old building and only the rooms were recorded.

Very near to the central station.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

The worst hotel in Rome

When I arrived I've been received by a man who was not kind at all, the first thing he asked me were three Euros to pay a fee that the city asks for. After this he kept my passport for an hour saying that he had to do some papers for the check in. After this I went to my room and in this place the bathroom had fungus from humidity. The bed was not comfortable at all. The room was cold because the heat was broken. There were not warm bed clothes. It was close to the train station that its a really unsafe place. When I asked for an advice for some places they didn't know where they were, and they gave me bad information. I had to take a bus at 8 in the morning and they women working said to me that I should go 700 meters to one side but it was in the end in the other corner, so I lost my bus and I had to wait for the next one at 9. Thebreakfast was so poor, they don't have ham, cheese, only a coffee in a small room with old tables. The women there was respectful and kind. Its not a good choice. I've chosen it for the price. But I would pay more now just to have a good night of sleep and a good breakfast or location.

• Reviewed: 3 December 2016

Breakfast terrible, the woman who serves in kitchen laso...

Breakfast terrible, the woman who serves in kitchen laso cleans the room. No clean room, we can heard talking, even whispering from the neighbour room

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

Bad deal!

In november it wasn't any heat in the room, the breakfast was very poor, it was very noise and there were some constructions being done on the floor.

Only the location

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

Excellent location

Location was perfect. We were staying overnight in Rome . Excellent location, good breakfast & they kindly were able to store our luggage till letter in the day. Facilities were good. Staff were very kind & helpful. Thank you

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

Perfect location
    • Single Room with Small Double Bed

Breakfast had limited variety Not the cleanest hotel I've stayed in, but for the price and location, I'd stay here again

Excellent location, walking distance to Termini station Reception staff very helpful and friendly Several restaurants close by

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Good location for 1-2 nights, if you're not too picky

Management should pay more attention to the service: room cleanliness (dust, dirty curtains, nasty remote control) and breakfast service (the lady serving breakfast was cleaning other rooms at the same time, didn't care much if there is everything needed on the buffet table: no plates, no spoons, dirty tables). For your guests sake do something about it!

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

very dirty street

Close to station and clean

Hard to find actual room need more signs

Close to station and clean

Wifi not working.

Wifi not working. Bad bathroom

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

The location is perfect

Internet signal is very weak

The location is perfect

No glasses for drinking

No glasses for drinking Bed hard as a rock Noisy all night

Location ,staff.

Location ,staff.

The night manager was very helpful.

The toilet seat was cracked.

The night manager was very helpful.

Price and location

The biggest problem was, that I couldn´t pay by credit card. The other thing what I didn´t like was a breakfest, it was too poor.

Price and location

Its a great location!! with a fair price, if u like simplicity

Breakfast was poor, and a few basics i have to ask for.

the location was perfect

The check in was from 12!

The check in was from 12!! But my clients go inside in room at 6.00 p.m!!! What is this?? Why they must wait 6 hours to go inside in room????

Location was good,but property was no so good.

Location was good,but property was no so good.

Heating, Toilete

Food

Heating, Toilete

Not far from station of Roma train station and staff help...

Not far from station of Roma train station and staff help full a good three days stay in Rome room clean

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Near Termini.
    • Quadruple Room

Near Termini. Locationis awsome.

Always try to book here first when I am in Rome

I stay here all the time because of price and convenience, but am usually gone before breakfast to catch a flight.

Excellent value for money

n/a

Tha staff was very hospitable and the room was extra clean

The hotel advertises they accept card, but asks for payment...

The hotel advertises they accept card, but asks for payment in cash.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

Best in reasonable rate beside station

Blanket was not cleaned, I did not use, feel some cold despite of room temperature conditioning Wifi speef to slow

Spacious

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

satisfied customer at Mirage Hotel

wifi not strong

breakfast good but not BUFFET as indicated in the booking

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

Location, price.
    • Single Room with Small Double Bed

Broken shower

Location, price.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

A nice moderate place to stay in Rome
    • Quintuple Room

The breakfast was very minimal.

The property is located right next to the main train station of Rome.

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

Is a great place ,a good hotel

Never clean the floor

The location and the breakfast, the staff are very kind,approachable, and helpful

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Municipal tax

Municipal tax (3 euros per day). Without receipt. For 3 nights were 9 euros and no receipt.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

We had a great stay at Mirage & Halifax.

Staff very gentle.

• Reviewed: 29 May 2016

After complaining about the room I was offered another on...

On the first night I was allocated room 110. Clean yes but.... didn't sleep all night. Didn't feel safe. Noisy from running water, fridge and other sounds. Phone didn't work and shower cold. Hated it. Awful . Not recommended .

After complaining about the room I was offered another on the fourth floor. (Mirage). Very clean, spacious, everything worked. Yes lots of street spunds but felt safer. Location is fine. Breakfast.....well a coffee and croisant is enough no? If not you had two pieces of crispy french toast , or corn flakes. Save your money and go elsewhere.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2016

Close to main rail station and underground giving great...

Hotel has no proper entrance or public rooms for meeting friends etc. Breakfast facilities overcrowded and food poor.

Close to main rail station and underground giving great access to all parts of Rome

• Reviewed: 29 April 2016

The gentleman receptionist was very helpful.

The breakfast could be improved. Maybe add some sliced bread and a toaster? The toilet does not have a shelf to put the extra toilet rolls so it always ended up wet and not usable. The location is weird. The building where it is located is occupied by other hotels too. We had difficulty in finding it.

The gentleman receptionist was very helpful. The room was only prepared for 5 people and we are actually 6 but he got out of his way to help us and get us another beddings considering we arrived in the middle of the night. Thank you!!

• Reviewed: 23 February 2016

the location was ok

Most of the stuff were not professional and unfriendly, the building entrance (which is not the reception building) is not secured. Breakfast is very very poor.

the location was ok

• Reviewed: 10 February 2016

only location.

Very &Very poor breakfast,the staff don't know speak english ..the only one there who works in reservation who calls Gratzia ,causes me a money problem .she charged the first night twice ,till now the hotel don't return my money back ...(she's not qualified).she's always quarry and shouting.

only location.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2015

Security of the building, confort of the room - very clean,...

The breakfast needs big improvement.

Security of the building, confort of the room - very clean, good bed, good location - near the station, metro, buses.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2015

You can leave your luggage for several hours.

Windows into the internal area. Better to close.

You can leave your luggage for several hours. Very comfortable because of close location to the train station. Cleaning every day.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2015

Location was very close to Termini so good for a cheap one...

I booked and prepaid a "small double" thinking that would mean I'd actually get a bed with one mattress instead of 2, but they put me in a different room from that pictured on booking.com which had 2 beds (double and single) at their hotel down the road where the "double" was 2 rock hard and thin mattresses stuck together. I was told to call reception if I had any issues but the phone had bare wire and was therefore not plugged in. I walked to reception with the phone but they simply shrugged and took the phone and it was not replaced. The room was freezing despite heating allegedly being at maximum temperature. Hairdryer cut our after 30 seconds then you had to wait for it to cool down before you could use it for another 30 seconds.

Location was very close to Termini so good for a cheap one night if you meet to catch a train somewhere the next day.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2015

Just the location

There were hairs in the bathroom, disgusting No hot water after three minutes Located in the seperate building , seemed very unsafe Very old building

Just the location

• Reviewed: 4 October 2015

Just didn't like "fixed shover", but...

Just didn't like "fixed shover", but that's probably "Italian style" - have met that before, otherwise for these money very good service. Would recommend it. Maria

• Reviewed: 29 September 2015

Perfect Location near train & bus station with a various...

The Bed Mattress is a bit tiring.

Perfect Location near train & bus station with a various choices of resturants & cafes and bars. Breakfast & wifi are very good. Staff are very helpful.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2015

Conveniently located right next to Roma Termini (Rome...

Nothing as such...

Conveniently located right next to Roma Termini (Rome Central Train Station) Clean room, Free WiFi and a lot of other things... Highly recommended...

• Reviewed: 1 September 2015

The location is right next to the main station which was the...

There was a misunderstanding about pre-payment. The Hotel charged us after the booking; then, the receptionist asked for it again during the check-in, saying there was no pre-payment. Finally, he did not charge the second time anyway, so it is fine. Also, the entrance hall and the elevator look pretty creepy, but some people say it is romantic.

The location is right next to the main station which was the highest priority for us. Service was nice; the room is big enough.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2015

the location : 1 minute walk from Termini station.

shower. was really strange. it is impossible to take a shower without having you hair wet. the bidet is too close to a wall. almost impossible to use it

the location : 1 minute walk from Termini station. Personal is very friendly very good security system in the hotel

• Reviewed: 9 July 2015

Clean room, comfortable bed, next to the train station

Although i have provided in the booking process a lot of information about me (pregnancy, early check out and availability of breakfast) the person in the check in gave me a key for a room on another building on the 4th floor (i had to walk alone in the middle of the night in an unsecured building). Also WiFi signal was nonexistent and i paid for this! And not a word about the time i can get breakfast..Unacceptable!

Clean room, comfortable bed, next to the train station

• Reviewed: 3 July 2015

Perfect location especially if you need to travel from both...

Perfect location especially if you need to travel from both Rome airports, Fiumicino and Ciampino. Owner and staff were very helpful. Breakfast for a 2 star hotel was very good and more then enough. What one can expect for such a price. Ready to stay again in Mirage & Halifax if I visit Rome again.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2015

The location of the hotel is very convenient (near the...

Breakfast was a bit disappointing (at least they could refill the platters with bread and cheese).

The location of the hotel is very convenient (near the Termini station). The size of the room was fine.

There are also 18 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Hotel Mirage traveller photo gallery