Reviews of Hotel Miramare 4 stars

Via Nazario Sauro 24, Lungomare Caracciolo, 80132 Naples, Italy

#38 of 158 hotels in Naples

Hotel need maintenance

The hotel is like Butik family hotel. Staff is like family they try their best . We receive a very poor room. But the next day they changed. The breakfast is excellent in the roof next to the sea.

The room is not very large. It is not a problem if a trip is short, but could be during a longer one.

Very nice hotel in a stunning location. Perfect for a short stay. Great breakfast at the top of the building. Nice and helpful personnel.

Bathroom was a little tight for me. Just had to adjust.

The service was excellent, the staff was always very helpful. The view on the water was outstanding.

Everything was great.

The hotel faces the bay, close to the main plaza and ferry harbor. The staff was top notch. The breakfast was served on the roof-deck over-looking the bay, with lots of flowers and umbrellas. The buffet had lots of cheese, meat eggs, fruit and pastries.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Some of the fittings in the room need refitting or replacing, and the air conditioning did work, but not very powerfully.

Our room (106) overlooked the sea and Vesuvius. Every morning we had a delightful breakfast on the roof top terrace, which was always plentiful, fresh and varied. The staff were very friendly and helpful and made our stay very comfortable. We enjoyed returning to our room after a busy day, when we sat on our balcony with a glass of something cold! Very central for the old city. The port is within walking distance where you can take a boat to all the beautiful nearby islands. Ischia is not to be missed. Also the subterranean tour of underground Naples starts close to the hotel. Lots of fantastic restaurants and bars within 10 minutes walk of the hotel. The hotel lift is antique and great fun to use!

• Double or Twin Room

The rooms are a bit outdated and would need a modernization

The breakfast with the terrace view worth the stay! Location is perfect and the staff the most welcoming and helpful.

• Double or Twin Room

Hotel was very nice. Also the stuff. The breakfast room and the breakfast was delicious. The view of the hotel was perfect. I recommend the Hotel to everyone.

Everything was perfect!

This is a lovely hotel in a breathtakingly beautiful location. As if that isn't enough, every single member of the staff was welcoming, informative, warm and generous. During our stay we experienced a problem, that had nothing to do with the hotel, and they arrived at our door in the evening with a bottle of prosecco and an a tray of aperitivi. The best hotel in Naples!

• Double or Twin Room

Some finishing of the room and bathroom were a bit old, but still totally functional.

Location, breakfast with excellent specialties from neapolitan traditions. Walking distance from seaside, via Roma and Mergellina. Kindness of the staff.

The one thing that really bothered me was that after I checked out, I asked if I could leave my luggage at the hotel until I needed to leave for airport. When the desk personnel took my bags, they put them in the lobby unattended. It would've been better if the luggage was stored in a secure place.

The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good, and the location was great. The area was safe, and was easy to navigate from.

• Double or Twin Room

Charming rooms, which also means a little bit dated - but very comfortable nonetheless

Great location particularly if you are planning to take the ferry to Capri or Sorrento. The breakfast was fantastic.

• Double or Twin Room

friendliness of the staff. they were doing all for helping you. we told them that we were vegan and they bought something on purpose just for us fir breakfast!

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The bed was way to hard to sleep on, the bathroom needs renovation, there was only a kettle for hot water to make instant coffee in the room, the furnishings need updating.

The view was amazing, the staff was very friendly, accommodating and helpful.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

It was expensive for the age and facilities, but all hotels in the area are expensive

Great views of Vesuvius and the bay of naples, good bed, nice sized room, excellent service, good breakfast

Nil

Some previous comments said it was dated however this hotel is full of character and supposed to look like this beautiful and quirky, we loved it, its not supposed to look modern, beautiful breakfast rooms Great views

• Double or Twin Room

Hotel rooms are very dated though clean. Struggled with variety of adaptors in the sockets. Had to use one from reception.

Staff on reception very helpful and friendly

Hotel amenities need some updating

Old hotel but very friendly staff. Breakfast at roofdeck was wonderful - good food, great view of the Bay of Naples, and very welcoming staff.

• Double or Twin Room

The location was perfect - just by the sea, in a clean and safe part of Naples. The staff was very kind and well-disposed, they offered us a room with a breath-taking view to Vesuvius and they made us feel really welcome. Breakfast contained typical Italian goodies (bruschetta, prosciutto, fresh juice, pastry) and it was served on the roof, having again the majestic Vesuvius in front of our eyes. It is a small hotel, yet very styled, giving an idea of "tempi passati". The room was decorated subtle, in colors intelligently mingled, globally the sensation was exquisite. We felt really spoiled, we had two wonderful days in Miramare Hotel Naples!

• Double or Twin Room

Room isn't bad, but nothing is special.

Near santa Lucia is perfect. Especially, it's so romantic in the evening. The terrace for breakfast is with a great view.

• Double or Twin Room

I was given a ground floor room, which didn't had a view. Not a problem since I was in town for work.

This is a fantastic hotel, with a very Italian/Naples feeling to it. The decoration is quite nice, the lift is old style, stairs are marble, statues and paintings decorating halls, stairs and room, all to give this effortless style and comfort for the guests. The staff is super helpful and friendly. The breakfast has a good variety, but the view that accompanies it will make you want to stay a bit longer and enjoy another cappuccino.

• Double or Twin Room

It is a busy area of Naples late into the night with some small shops open all night and groups of young Italians congregating by the ocean which slightly take away from the romance of the location. However generally the area is spacious and clean and feels safe, the view of the ocean, vesuvius, the castle and Procida mean that these small drawbacks of the area are more than compensated for.

Excellent service from the front desk, accommodate request for room change, very welcoming hosts. Excellent clean room. Excellent views of the ocean. Excellent location with ocean view.

• Double or Twin Room

We needed a room for one night in Naples for an early morning flight. I am so glad we chose this hotel because it was really special and was the perfect way to end our holiday. I loved the little touches like the weather forecast and sweets left by the bed. The bath was fabulous! The decor and the lighting were very stylish and charming. Breakfast on the roof was superb. I wished I had room to eat more because there was so much choice and it was all really good. The location was great for us being an easy walk for coming from the boat at Molo Beverello and also easy for catching the airport bus. The hotel is also well located for sight seeing, we only had one day so this was important and we used the funiculars to go up to the St Elmo Castle where we found a bar with the most amazing view I have ever seen. I will definitely go back to Naples and would stay at this hotel again.

• Double or Twin Room

Not fault of the hotel - but it was extremely hot in the city during my stay. Also, if your room has open windows, you will hear some traffic noise at night, but it's nothing big.

I came to Naples for a three day conference and was originally simply looking for a place to stay nearby, close to Castle Dell'Ovo, next to which the conference took place. I was extremely lucky to find this gem of a hotel - directly at the sea front, with view of the Gulf of Napoli and just 5 minutes walk from Castle Dell'Ovo with all the lovely restaurants beneath the castle on one side and 5 minutes walk from Piazza del Plebiscito with the Residence and other touristic sites on the other. Despite it was extremely hot, my room had two French windows with balconies and was well vented as well as having good air-conditioning. My bedsheets were also changed daily, which was great in the big heat. I very much loved the weather forecast card which awaited me on my bed each evening, together with a bonbon. All the staff in the hotel I met was very nice and helpful. And on top of it all, the breakfast on the roof terrace with view of the Bay of Napoli and the Mount Vesuvius! I loved the good choice of pastries and other breakfast food including fresh fruit - and the view was simply gorgious! Would certainly love to come again!

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Location, could not find a better placement for accessing the promenade , down town, Vomero and all the points of action. Unique as for the views over the bay and Vesuvio at breakfast or from the room

• Double or Twin Room

breakfast with view on the bay an Vesuvio. We were upgraded for the whole stay to a room with incredible view on the Naples promenade, the Vesuvio and the bay. What a treat!

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

• Double or Twin Room

An electrical point in the shower was a huge surprise. Hair dryers very ineffective. Air conditioning very noisy and constant noise from the street which sounded like it was in the room with us despite windows being closed.

Staff were helpful and friendly. Great breakfasts on roof terrace. Excellent location with sea views

The room was expensive considering its size and the lack of additional facilities at the hotel; however, as someone who is out and about most of the time, facilities in a hotel over and above the free wifi are not a concern and the location and friendliness of the staff compensated on this occasion due to travelling alone.

Beautiful building with friendly staff - extremely friendly and helpful. As a lone traveller whose companion had cancelled at the last minute I was extremely happy with my decision to upgrade to a single room in this hotel next to the sea. I could see Capri from my balcony and the charming rooftop breakfast terrace with its views of Vesuvius and the bay of Naples was a delightful place to start the day. The location is excellent and no security concerns walking around alone in the evening.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Some of the fixtures are badly in need of updating, and the kettle in my room was useless.

I love this place. It was a fabulous relic, very glamorous yet slightly past its prime. The staff was excellent, the decor is delightful, and the breakfast was amazing. The location cannot be beat. It reminded me of a more functional Neapolitan Faulty Towers, family run with even a resident dog.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

There is a reason we keep coming back - the location and hospitality are brilliant. Enzo, Bibi and the whole team are so lovely, and the peronalised service is what makes this place so special. The terrace for breakfast and evening drinks is a showstopper. Enzo and team, thank you again.

It was not the hotel's fault but I could not use my balcony because it was too cold and windy. Mind you anyway that there is no sun on some of the balconies (if you are dreaming of that which I were). But then remember the very nice and sunny roof terrasse 😀

The hotel is a very nice place to stay in Naples. As many other guests have done I too will praise the roof terrasse with its marvellous view to the sea and Vesuv. The breakfast is very good with a rich variety of cheese, ham, eggs, yougurt and much more so I don't think it's only sweet things as some guests have remarked. You are at the Via Toledo within 10 - 15 minutes walk where you'll also find a metro station. Good restaurants and supermarket nearby the hotel!

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

The staff was wonderful. The breakfast was delicious and served on the roof top with a beautiful view of the bay. I was so sad when my stay was over and I had to leave. It's the best place I stayed on my trip to southern Italy.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The staff were exceptional. We felt so incredibly welcome, and they went out of their way to make it a very pleasant stay. We have thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Hotel Miramare and I will honestly recommend it to anyone going to Naples. Top service!

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

• Double or Twin Room

This is an old, tired, family-run, unprofessional hotel. They even forgot to call me in the morning and wake me up!

Location is very central. Great views. Late, free check-out.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Only problem was the water in the bathroom would go cold after about 10 minutes of showering.

Beautiful view great rooftop terrace and it was a great location

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

I've stayed in many hotels in Naples, and the Hotel Miramare is - by far - my favorite. Excellent staff, very central location, comfotable bed (with high quality linens), very clean. I will only stay at the Hotel Miramare on future trips - highly recommend!

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The elevator is pretty small so if you have a group of more than 2 with bags you will have to take turns... however there is an elevator which isn't a guarantee at every hotel here. The hotel is surrounded by other buildings on all sides except the water front. if you aren't on the front side there will be other rooms facing your windows which can be disconcerting. Shower was small by "american standards" but the rest of the bathroom and bedroom was well sized.

One of the best breakfasts I have seen in Europe, especially since you can eat outside on the roof top as the sun rises while enjoying the view of Vesuvius right across the bay. It has a very walkable location with plenty of places to eat, shop, and explore. It was also surprisingly quiet considering the central location. Driving here would be a bit difficult if you aren't used to Naples traffic, but there are several parking garages nearby. It is very easy to get to Plaza Plebuscito or Teatro San Carlo and the rest of the Naples staples.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Staff attitude, though found this indifferent, argumentative attitude a Naples trait, and had same treatment everywhere in the city. Like 'get out of my face'...when asking for a bus, train time, (in Italian!), only offered expensive alternatives (taxis). Dreadful traffic, constant noise, and pollution. The city the most corrupt in Italy. Actually enjoyed the chaos, but ......stay 2 days for Pompeii, and leave quickly for Amalfi coast.

Not much, hotel dated but 'maintained', no bar available, roof with view ok, but staffed only for breakfast. switches annoying, lighting nice looking but ineffective, shower useless. However, hotel next to the port for fast ferries to all islands - Procida a gem, Sorrento, Capri, Stromboli, Sicily. Well served by bus transport - airport bus drop off 200 metres away - euro4, single journey, takes 30 minutes - avoid taxis EVERYWHERE as public transport very good.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

TV... Too complicated system of two remote controls. A little choice of free channels (even in Italian). But at the end, you do not visit Naples for TV zapping!

Extremely nice location of the hotel, i.e. walking distance from the city center, metro station, shopping and restaurants streets, historical places. Wonderful view on the sea ans Vesuvio. Very professional, very friendly, very helpful personnel, speaking English, French (of course, Italian). Delicious breakfast on the hotel roof terrace - a marvelous start for a day. Rooms are quite small but very clean and nicely decorated. Bed (double) was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 12 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The room was great with a small balcony overlooking the bay of Naples and Vesuvius. The terrace view was breathtaking. The staff were friendly and very helpful especially Claudia who took it upon herself to look after me while I was sick. She was wonderful. Rooms were clean and wifi worked well. Really good location and walking distance to everything.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Great location next to port to Capri, Ischia, ... and beach. Close to historical center and many POI. Wonderfull breakfast on terrace with view to Vesuvius. Perfect cleaning of the room always when we went outside. Friendly staff. Next time definitely this same place.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The shower was a bit small

Breakfast on the rooftop comprising of fabulous fresh local and traditional foods served on hand painted ceramics, beautiful setting... The highlight of our trip.. The staff were fantasic.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel is in a desperate need of updating. We are not a fussy couple but, for the price paid, we did expect it to be in a better state. Not a complaint, just an opinion.

The staff where very helpful, friendly & very polite.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Fan sounded annoying Our baggage was moved at a random time (in our room) after we had gone out for some dinner, we assume someone came into the room to turn the air con on possibly but it was quite weird. We felt uneasy.

The location is amazing - right near the water for a nice afternoon swim A lot of selection for food around Close to bus stop (Acton) Amazing views from stepping out on to the balcony of mount Vesuvius! Refreshing beverage upon arrival

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Hotel needs to be renewed (looks like frozen in 80s)

Excellent sea view (room 105 recommended) Nice and friendly service Great breakfast at terrace with Vezuvian view Clean and comfortable room Location

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The staff were friendly and helpful; the accommodation was comfortable, and the hotel had a lovely atmosphere.

• Double or Twin Room

Loved the staff 😀 were so helpful and the view was beautiful from the terrace

View, staff, cleanliness

• Double or Twin Room

tHE ATMOSPHERE AND THE VERANDA AND BREAKFAST THERE.

Outdated interior

• Double or Twin Room

The room and bathroom is old. Really not ok for the price.

Location is ok.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Breakfast could have been better

Beautiful place staff are so friendly will definitely be back

• Double or Twin Room

A restaurant would have been good.

• Double or Twin Room

Really nice and helpful staff.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

wonderful location and fantastic views of Vesuvius. Very hospitable and helpful staff and we especially appreciated our early check-in

Breakfast was average

The location was excellent

None.

Location is perfect, right in front of the seaside. Friendly staff. Breakfast was more than good. Overall, recommended.

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast on the roof was very nice

Everything good

Staff very helpful

• Double or Twin Room

Friendly and courteous staff great

Basic bathroom Small room

Charming staff great location

• Double or Twin Room

Rooftop terrace for breakfast excellent , great friendly staff

• Double or Twin Room

Hotel is a bit outdated, car park around is a bit expensive.

Breakfast was great and what a view!

Breakfast on the roof terrace

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast the best!!!View amazing!!

• Double or Twin Room

Hotel needs urgent refreshing, it really looks tired. Staff needs motivation

Good location during daylight

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Breakfast was wonderful.

To short a stay..

All the little details

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The shower water pressure was a bit weak

Great location and friendly helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

The team were FANTASTIC. Very comfortable hotel and great location

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

rooms a little small

the dog

• Reviewed: 3 December 2016

• Double or Twin Room

We always feel very welcome! Staff is lovely, hotel beautiful, breakfast view amazing, location great! Many thanks! We hope to come again soon!

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Better selection at the breakfast

Very good location, extremly helpful staff. Nice small old fashioned hotel.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Very good location, nice view , good continental breakfast, pleasant personal !!!

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

NOTHING !

Breakfast beautiful on the roof terrace but also nice on a rainy day in the hall ! Staff very helpful !!!

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016