Reviews of Moses Fountain

Via XX Settembre 98 L, Via Veneto, 00187 Rome, Italy

#1939 of 3,119 B&Bs and Inns in Rome

Based on 160 B&B reviews

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

The location, size of the room and bed were outstanding for...

The room was not a “clean” room and the bathroom needed cleaned and repairs made. The amenities were less than for example Comfort Inn standards. The soap was small and smelled funny, shampoo & conditioner is not something anyone would use for their hair. The coffee mugs were stained and looked used/unwashed. The plants on the balcony were dead and the terrace was not inviting at all. The worst part of our stay was you get one key and when you leave ALL the electricity turns off. Nothing can charge if you don’t stay in the room. This is real challenge for anyone, in our case we were work/vacationing and it was a nightmare to juggle around that sleeping was the only time anything could charge so you need extra cords and plug adapters, funny we packed three by accident and it saved us. A heads up on facilities that have this would be good information. Also the refrigerator was great to have and big enough for us to use the market next door. The fiuntain and Barini area was really nice to be staying in with extra benefits of our tours leaving from 50 feet away from the hotel door was awesome. I would stay again knowing all of this if I was doing tours but not for any other reason.

The location, size of the room and bed were outstanding for Europe standards however that was really the only nice part of this hotel stay. Check in was easy and the gentleman was very nice.

6.0
    The hotel looks better on photos than in reality

They are difficult. After they send me a what's app it took me 3 times to call to get in contact with someone. A lot of noise from the street as well as from the corridor or the metal entrance door when you stay in room number 1. You need earplugs. Matrass you feel the springs. A lot of technical issues in the bathroom. Very nice rainshower but no water pressure so it's completely obsolete and useless. A lot of taps (shower and bassin) are idle and the toilet flush need reparation also.

Novel place, great location, basic.

No other facilities. Could have possible provided discount to other local hotel facilities.

Fountain was a novel place to stay, good location, great bathroom.

Economic - ideal for short stay

There is no 24/7 reception you need to go there before 5 pm. If not they might charge you extra 20 euro which is not clearly indicated at the description before booking.

The location is great, value/price ratio is high.

It was better than I thought it would be.

Nothing not to like apart from the steps. It is however in an old building attached to a fountain so after I had the suitcase upstairs it was all good.

Very modern room not what I was expecting. Bath and shower along with double sinks. Comfortable bed.

Really nice experience to stay with

The entrance door is not very obvious, so you may miss it. But still fine, check with hotel before arrival.

The location is really good. Building is part of the fountain. Room is very nice with friendly staff.

Non stop noise from the ventilation and pump station

1. Noise inside the room: ventilation white noise. Noise outside the room: there is a pump station having lots of tubes in the backyard. Don't forget your earplugs. 2. Breakfast: only one stale croissant and cup of coffee 3. No slippers, bring your own

Good location: 10 min walking from Roma Termini

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Comfortable, convenient and amazing

Nothing that I can think of.

Amazing customer service from Hassan, who went above and beyond to ensure I was cared for during my stay - always with a huge smile on his face. The room was in immaculate condition and I really enjoyed my stay.

A great stay at the Moses Fountain Hotel.

The room was very warm.

A great stay at the Moses Fountain Hotel. The hotel is centrally located. The rooms and bathrooms are spacious. Plenty of nice touches such as Nespresso coffee machine and ample power outlets. The guy that worked there, was very helpful. He Organised an airport transfer for us too. Will definitely stay here again.

The Hotel Truly added to my experience

The manners, helpfulness and overall presence of staff was incredible. They really looked after us, made sure our stay was comfortable, and helped us plan our days in Rome to get the most out of our time. Staff went above and beyond for us. I asked if possible could the leave a note for my partner on our anniversary which they were happy to do. Shower and bath were perfect, room was very cosy. Tea and coffee was also made for us. We checked out at 11 but flight wasn't until 9pm. Staff kept our bags so we could continue to site see. Location very central,couldn't be in better place. Overall very grateful, recommend this place to anyone.

Staff were so welcoming and the added bonus of breakfast...

Staff were so welcoming and the added bonus of breakfast every morning with no hassle was brilliant. However the air conditioning in our room did not work but as it was in November we went we didn’t need it as much.

Was very impressed by the place generally.

All good. A bit noisy but what would you expect being in the city centre in the busiest street of the city? No complaints

Was very impressed by the place generally. Hassan, the guy who met me there was extremely helpful. I would highly recommend this place to all. It’s just fab, location superb, walking distance to everything including shops :)) Definitely coming back there! Olga

Great location, bad general experiences and for the money you'd get something bit better?

1. The weirdly unacceptable reception 2. entrance can be signified more clearly and staff was not reacting fast enough to pick up the guests 3. the staff was not intended to help me with my luggage with so many stairs waiting 4. bit noisy with the window facing some kind of factory 5. the blanket was so dirty I did not dare of using it

1. Breakfast was okish 2. the bathroom is unexpectedly fine. 3. the staff next day morning was friendly and nice 4. location is good obviously 5. the feeling of living inside of a fountain is one of the kind too.

Mixed reviews

Will start at the beginning of my 1 night stay and continue through the stay: 1. Hard to find. Not well marked. I walked past it (after flying all night and walking with my luggage several blocks from the train station) several times. Finally saw the small, obscure banner from across the street. Got to the entrance, and it was locked. I knocked, but could see through the cracks in the door that there was a courtyard on the other side. There was a note on the entry keypad with a phone number to call. With my USA cell phone calling plan, I could not make a local call without a wifi connection. I had to find another hotel with wifi in the lobby, and about 30-45 minutes later after many failed attempts and 3 calls to Verizon, I was finally able to get through to the hotel. Meanwhile, I had also tried to call Booking.com which turned out to be a British phone number, so I could not reach them either. Once I was able to connect with the hotel, she said she would send "the boy" down. I ran back to the entrance and saw a young man standing there looking for me. We proceeded to climb multiple flights of steps (he did help with my suitcase) and finally got to my room. All the while, I was feeling more and more uneasy as a female alone with this man in an Italian hotel room. His broken English provided for challenges with checking in when he wanted my passport, cash for city tax, etc. Ultimately, he was able to reach the lady who I had spoken with earlier who was able to translate and explain to me. Bottom line, check in was an extremely harrowing experience. 2. Once I was alone in the room (still feeling very uneasy about this situation), I began to reorganize my things for my venture out into town. I could not get the safe to work. So, I put all my worldly possessions in my money belt and set out about town in the 98 degree heat. 3.

Great location. Room and bathroom were very spacious. View from room was awesome. So cool that this hotel is on the back side of a Roman "monument" Did not get to eat breakfast, so cannot comment on that. Staff was pleasant.

Charming guest house

If you arrive, it is totally unclear how to get inside (you have to call the number written on the door). There is no reception - everything to check-in is handled at the floor, which is fine, but in the beginning confusing. Breakfast could be better (also salty options and with fewer plastic packages). There is no staff available after 5 pm.

Nice and charming guest house. Clean room (every day). Calm house. Everything went well. Beautiful terrasse for breakfast.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Wonderful location with a quiet room and spacious bath.

It would have been helpful to have someone available through out the day to ask questions of. Besides this, it is a delightful hotel in a fantastic location.

The location was fantastic - close to the Termini Station and taxi stand. Easy walking distance to many sites. The breakfast was great, with an option to dine in room or on terrace. We opted for the terrace. The attic room was quiet and the bath spacious with 2 sinks and a tub.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Don't be scared of the entrance door, yet you need good legs

entrance for of Hotel is like that of a barn, made by old wood stripes ! I passed 3 times in front of the hotel door without recognising it ! Second, no elevator, so my room was at 1st floor just one ramp of stairs, but the other 9 rooms demand 3 and 4 ramps of stairs ! Almost unbelievable ! At least they should advise customers, in the ad, that there is no elevator

I was given a large nice studio w/ bedroom, living room, bathroom and well-equipped kitchenette, about 50 sqm, all in very good condition, with TV set and air conditioner in each room A big value for my € 85, so I am satisfied despite the big don't-like at right.

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

A lovely small comfortable hotel.

The breakfast was all a little too sweet for our tastes. The person who ran the hotel did not speak much English, but was very friendly nevertheless.

This was a great spot for us as we needed access to the station, yet it was away from the busy railway precinct. It was an easy walk to Piazza Barberini and the Spanish Steps. Plenty of restaurants in the wider area. The room itself was great, a really good size for a European hotel room. Lovely bathroom with a bath. Good free wifi. Very comfortable bed. Very friendly staff.

Might come again

The breakfast was nicely served outside to each guest but it was really small (not enough to fill your stomach) and you could not pick what you wanted to eat. A lot of stairs.It was a little bit unconventional to arrive to the hotel (you had to arrive at certain time or else you needed a code). Also you were doubtful if it was the right place (it looked like a garage door and it was locked).

Location was excellent !!! Staff was really friendly and helpful (if we needed help or had any questions the staff quickly helped us to solve it). Room and bathroom were spacious and nice looking. Nice to have fridge, safety box and TV. The room and bathroom were kept really clean every day. We were send instructions how to arrive beforehand.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

Great location but beware of the mozzys!

There were 4 flights of stairs to get to the room, and we were bitten to death by mosquito in the room over the 4 days. we are not sure if this was due to the room being built onto the side of the fountain and the damp attracted them but would advise to take precautions.

Comfortable bed with clean towels daily. close to the station and walking distance to all the areas.

Interestingly adequate

Location was ill marked and hard to find.

Conveniently placed Japanese Love Hotel style

Room Lighting Shower wasn’t working well

We did

Nobody available when we had a problem - as we did - water coming through the bathroom ceiling!

Clean and quiet

Na

The entrance was not convenient at all

location and the friendliness of the staff.

The bathtub in the room was great -- extra long.

The bathtub in the room was great -- extra long.

Great time.

Staff was great. Location great. A little hard to find initially.

Awesome stay in Rome centro

Not a thing

Everything was delightful. Very smart room right behind the fountain. We loved it

Nice and vlean

Location is noisy

Nice and vlean

Tiresome, restless no sleep.

Awful decor.

Horrible location, horrible hotel, didn't see the receptionist until the next afternoon and he woke us up!!!!

Especially sraff was so nice and kind.

Especially sraff was so nice and kind. And everything was fantastic. Thank you.

The location, modern room and friendly staff.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The location, modern room and friendly staff.

Great value and great location

Very friendly staff. Breakfast brought to room was a nice touch and tea, as requested.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Don't judge a book from it's cover, Once inside the hotel it was lovely and very central.

On arrival you need to ring the hotel in order for someone to let you in.

Small hotel, lovely modern clean room, excellent service.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Great location for exploring the city

had to pay extra to check in after 5pm

Clean and comfortable. great location. Rooms were like a mini apartment

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Free minibar, balcony, great room!

Free minibar, balcony, great room! Best place to stay in Rome. Its near everything

• Reviewed: 22 May 2016

Very clean and tidy rooms, welcoming, friendly and helpful...

Satellite TV functionality was restricted by signal problems.

Very clean and tidy rooms, welcoming, friendly and helpful staff. Location is convenient being walking distance to Termini and in to the center of Rome. Pricing is very reasonable for the location

• Reviewed: 15 April 2016

Nice room, confortable bed and good towels.

There's absolutely no reception. The only staff you can get to is the maid, who doesn't speak much of any language. The air conditioning was off (city rules), and the maid kept maintaining the heat on AND closing the windows whenever she cleaned the room...it was always unbearably hot when we came in. They don't clean the room very well: change of towels is whenever they feel like it, and the bed was always badly done. And to top it off, there were four flights of steep stairs up to the room, which they never tell you about when booking!

Nice room, confortable bed and good towels.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2016

The room was spacious and very clean, the bed comfortable...

This accommodation is named as a hotel however it has no support in terms of reception or staffing- the only person available to speak to is the maid who delivers breakfast and cleans the rooms in the morning. It is not signed on the road and the frontage is a door in a large wall. The persistence of a helpful taxi driver enabled us to locate the entrance at night time where we used the code number on the key pad to open the door. There are then about 50 steep, irregular concrete steps externally to climb to reach the rooms. There was no-one to assist us with our two 20kg cases up these steps in the dark. Not a good experience! On arrival, our room was very hot as the heating was still turned on in the building. It couldn't be adjusted so we rang the number given for contact at any time. The message received was in Italian, which we don't speak, so we couldn't get any assistance . We were told the next morning by the maid that we needed to open the windows to cool the room down- so traffic noise or a hot room! Breakfast was delivered to the room on a tray at varied times of the morning depending on how busy the maid was that day and was eaten sitting on the edge of the bed. There was no choice and consisted of one small bowl of chopped apple and kiwi fruit to share, a selection of sliced cakes and two white buns, coffee, juice and sometimes a tub of yoghurt. We supplemented our breakfast with our own purchased fruits. We felt the need to inform others not to expect the support and services normally provided by a four star hotel.

The room was spacious and very clean, the bed comfortable and we enjoyed being able to soak in the bath after a long day's walking. Also, it was close to the Central train station. Good accomodation for independent travellers.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2016

Nice comfy bed and brilliant shower/steam room!

Only downside to the roomwas the breakfast. Had choice of coffee or fruit juice not both. Only had two small rolls with preserves and one small plate of diced apple and kiwi. A plate of one croissant, one doughnut and two pieces of dry sponge cake! Not a filling breakfast for two adults! Room was opposite the Santa Maria Vittoria church which rang its bells at 6am Sunday morning! Come Monday morning the busy traffic could be heard outside alongside workman digging up the road! ( I expect this doesn't happen every day!)

Nice comfy bed and brilliant shower/steam room!

• Reviewed: 19 March 2016

Great location, good breakfast and staff excellent.

Bathroom was very hot, coffee machine didn't work, refrigerator leaked water over the floor and shower screen incomplete (panel missing so no way to stop water flooding the floor).

Great location, good breakfast and staff excellent.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2016

We stayed in the Theresa room.

The Hotel is not easy to find because the door is in the main road and the Moses Fountain which is shown on the site is not visible on arrival which caused a lot of confusion. We were also confronted with the 72 steps up to our room which was not clearly stated on the booking site. Not a place for the disabled or unfit. However, we would stay there again because of the location and lovely room. Air conditioning a little noisy.

We stayed in the Theresa room. It was very spacious and the shower was excellent. It was also a Turkish bath which was very relaxing at the end of a busy day. Wish we had one at home in Portugal. Cristina looked after us very well and was always cheerful and helpful with advice, The bed was very comfortable. However we arrived at 17,30 so we used the codes and found our key as informed.as Reception was closed. There was no information about breakfast arrangements but Cristina knew we had arrived and knocked on our door the following morning. The breakfast could be better. It was mostly sweet cake and croissant with jam and some fresh fruit. No ham or cheese was available so we purchased our own. We found an great place to eat and ate there 4 nights running. Excellent value for money with lots of choices. The restaurant is called La Cucina Nazionale in Via Nazionale. The head waiter Giovanni made us very welcome. email:- info@cucinanazionale.com to book.

• Reviewed: 6 March 2016

location, close to attractions.

non stop noise as the room was above the pump that fires the fountain near by. coffee machine / blow driyer / safe did not work.

location, close to attractions. accommodated dietary preferences.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2016

Facilities were good.

Breakfast good but a little limited, a better selection or rotation of items would have been good. Constant humming noise - air con units or fountains?? Some kind of welcome from staff or a welcome pack to explain what is where.

Facilities were good. Mini bar is a nice extra. Location excellent for travel connections, termini, tube etc. Good value.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2016

We really loved the location, so central to sights and shops...

Some of the steps on the second flight of stairs are very badly worn and would benefit from repair

We really loved the location, so central to sights and shops and restaurants. The breakfast delivered to our room each day was wonderful particularly the freshly squeezed juice Lovely comfy bed and wonderful bathroom. Keypad entry sensible in reception less hotel

• Reviewed: 14 November 2015

Quirky little hotel hidden on a main street behind a big old...

Nothing to dislike really.

Quirky little hotel hidden on a main street behind a big old wooden door. My room was in the rafters and was large, comfortable and well decorated. Great view over the terrace (where you can have breakfast) and beautiful bathroom.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2015

Location was fantastic and couldn't fault the room for...

Were wishing the walls were a little thicker as the honeymooners next door sounded like they were having a good time, albeit a short time. Beautiful hotel but harder to find than the bat cave.

Location was fantastic and couldn't fault the room for cleanliness. Staff were friendly and helpful. Free mini bar was a plus.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2015

Lovely to be a bit private unlike nirmal hotel.

No milk in the room to make a cup of tea!

Lovely to be a bit private unlike nirmal hotel. We had a lovely terrace to have breakfast on and could sit at during the day without anyone else being around. Fantastic

• Reviewed: 16 August 2015

It had a unique feel to it, eg the shower set up in the...

The front door does not appear welcoming. Its location is not necessarily easy to find. There are several flights of steep stairs if you are on the top floor. The apartment's front door is metal and the air conditioning is on the loud side, although essential in August!!

It had a unique feel to it, eg the shower set up in the Theresa room. The fountain at the front of the building. The staff were very helpful and cheery.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2015

We liked the wooden floors, and staircase.

No reception area. Quite a few stairs to climb, with suitcases. There was option to have breakfast in your room, but there was no where to eat, unless sitting on your bed with the tray on your lap.

We liked the wooden floors, and staircase. The bathroom was very nice. Quiet when windows were shut. Good customer service. Nice courtyard for breakfast.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2015

Great location, ten minutes walk to Termini, 15 min + walk...

Great location, ten minutes walk to Termini, 15 min + walk to main attractions. Some great restaurants (including best pizza and gelato in Rome) 5 minutes walk away. Welcoming staff, though not a reception. Comfortable beds and a fantastic shower (delux room). It was nice to get the breakfast served at the house terrace.

• Reviewed: 16 July 2015

Proximity to Rome city center, restaurants, attractions, etc

Hard to find at last minute. We dragged bags asking locals for direction. Not easy to find.

Proximity to Rome city center, restaurants, attractions, etc

• Reviewed: 14 May 2015

Loved the location everything was within walking distance.

There is nothing I didn't like.

Loved the location everything was within walking distance. The rooms are funky in a good way. Very clean. I love the bathrooms very spacious. Even the smallest room was still a good size.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2016

Great location. Nice staff! Felt like home.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2015

Fantastic hotel staff lovely couldn't do enough for you.

Fantastic hotel staff lovely couldn't do enough for you. Would definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2015

Really good small hotel with great location.

Really good small hotel with great location.

• Reviewed: 16 July 2015

Great personal attention.

Hard to contact anyone except in the morning.

Great personal attention. Very unique place.

• Reviewed: 9 July 2015

Location .

The steep steps.

Location .

• Reviewed: 25 April 2015

Spacious rooms.

Tired fit out eg shower curtain not fit, Nespresso machine had broken tray, bar fridge did not work.

Spacious rooms. Breakfast on terrace. View.

• Reviewed: 17 April 2015

Nice rooms, very comfortable and newly re-done

No phones inside rooms for people to call you

Nice rooms, very comfortable and newly re-done

• Reviewed: 31 March 2015

Great bed

Great bed

There are also 15 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.