Reviews of Hotel De Lanzi 3 stars

Via delle Oche 11, Duomo, 50122 Florence, Italy

#232 of 384 hotels in Florence

Based on 1985 hotel reviews

• Double or Twin Room

The PMR radio being stolen off my bike in the garage they use. The restaurant staff need to learn how to communicate with people, adopt a friendly attitude, smiling would help.

Great location, but parking is impossible and the garage they use is difficult to find. I had a radio stolen off my bike there. The foyer staff were helpful.

• Double or Twin Room

Small older room but goes with the period of the building. Nicely furnished.

Great location for the sights of Florence. Low key but nice patina. Good breakfast included and a comfortable bed. Fabulous view from room of the Duomo a block away. Location location location

• Double or Twin Room

The staff was very helpful as far as recommending restaurants and sights to see. The room was great, with a roomy bathroom. The location is unbeatable, it's less than a block from Il Duomo and an easy walk to any other Florence sights. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting and looking to do a lot of sightseeing.

• Double or Twin Room

There was a foul odor to the room which my belongings acquired. The bathroom mirror was also broken.

The location was perfect as it was accessible to everything. The staff were friendly.

• Double or Twin Room

The room was dark, the furniture very old and run down, the breakfast mediocre and the room had a very bad smell from the backyard. I would not stay here again.

• Double or Twin Room

The room was situated near communal bathroom and reception and during the night all I heard was slamming of doors.

Great little find, good location and very comfortable staff was very helpful.

• Double or Twin Room

The only thing that I can really think to say would be that since you are so close to the Duomo, be prepared for an early wake up each morning. The bells go off at 7:00am, 7:30am, 7:45am and 8am. Its almost impossible to sleep in, but you get an early start on your day and can go right to the provided breakfast once you're up. Given the ease of the location, I think its definitely worth it.

It is very centrally located. There are tons of shops, restaurants and piazzas right near the hotel. We had a gorgeous view of the Duomo right from our room. I loved opening our shutters each morning and seeing the beautiful building. There is tons to do, and I loved being able to shop and easily drop things off at the room before going out again. Great breakfast as well was included.

• Double or Twin Room

You have to take an elevator up to the reception area and that can sometimes take a while.

The hotel is excellently located, just a couple of blocks from the Duomo. Getting there by car is a nightmare, as streets are narrow, and many closed to most traffic, so have to deal with many pedestrians. The staff was very helpful and held our suitcases past check out time, so we could continue seeing the sites of Florence until we wanted to leave.

• Double or Twin Room

Very, monotonous breakfast, every day exactly the same type of products, no vegetables; breakfast served until 9:30,after 9:30 you will not be let in. Pity because it spoils the atmosphere of the stay

Great location!! (near Duomo); Very clean room and bathroom. Helpful Staff

• Double or Twin Room

There is no parking at the hotel, but a kind of valet parking: the hotel has an agreement with a garage which is located quite far away, so a driver comes to pick up your car and bring it back after. It would be very convenient if he doesn't need to get through the overcrowded pedestrian streets in the center. There was a problem with hot water in the room: it has become cold while taking shower and I had to wait for a while for it to become hot again.

Nice location and vintage authentic interior

Nothing it was all excellent.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, the hotel was clean and the room very comfortable. The location was amazing literally a walk down the little road opposite the door and you were at the duomo . We loved everything about it.

• Double or Twin Room

Hairdrier did the job but would've taken a while to dry long hair, still better than carrying one though

Great location, very friendly and helpful staff, plenty on offer for the included breakfast

• Double or Twin Room

I loved how helpful and courteous the staff was. You can see Duomo from the front steps of the hotel, which is convenient and means your closesly located to sights to see, and also ample amounts of restaurants to eat at. Complimentary breakfast was great!

• Double or Twin Room

Very stiff bed. Elevator was not very convenient to use (had to wait awhile for it) walked up steps to first floor lobby because always had to retrieve your keys anyway.

Great location and amazing air conditioning (heat wave while we were there) great view of the duomo from our 3rd floor room.

• Double or Twin Room

Hotel is close to major attractions. It was easy to walk everywhere. The noise from crowds and the bells of the Duomo were not a problem. The room was a good size.

One women stuff, I don't ask her name, was not friendly, and even don't want to give me some water :(

The room is kind of small, but functional:) All the men stuff was very nice and kind, but one women stuff, I don't ask her name, was not friendly, and even don't want to give me some water :(

• Double or Twin Room

A breakfast is served at 7:30 rather than 7:00, making early arrivals when Uffizi opens at 8:15 (best time to go) a bit tight

Comfortable bed, hot strong shower, pleasant staff, reasonably priced in a very central Florence location.

rooms are very small we barely could walk in then. Air conditioner is not cold.

location of hotel is in the middle of all shops and restaurants. staff were cooperative and nice.

• Double or Twin Room

Sadly, no English language news station and no refrigerator in the room.

The location. For me an ideal location about 100 yards from the Duomo and with the Campanile opposite the hotel entrance at the end of a short block. The room I had was larger than others I had at comparable hotels elsewhere in Italy and the price was good. Their breakfast was the best of hotel breakfasts I had in Italy (Rome twice, Venice),

• Double or Twin Room

The staff was very unfriendly. No "good day" during our stay and not even a goodbye when we left. We have visited many hotels in Florence but this was by far the most unfriendly staff and uncomfortable hotel in 9 years of visiting this beautiful city.

The room was basic but very clean so as the rest of the hotel. Also the breakfast was simple but good

The day before I asked to give me breakfast to go, because I was leaving 15 minuts before breakfast starts. They said its not posible. In the morning I approached concierge, asked him to give breakfast to go again, he said if I told him in advance, he couldve give me. I said I told you in advance, but he didnt say anything. And they didnt allow me to get something to eat. Because there was 5 min till breakfast time. But I couldn wait any longer, I had to leave for airport.

• Double or Twin Room

Problem to find hotel! We used 3 GPS software (Waze, Apple maps and Google maps) and we spend 2 hours in car riding in the city around place. :-(

Thanks for hotel services including parking services. Location is the best! Dog friendly! Breakfast was fine and sufficient.

• Double or Twin Room

On a personal note didn't find bed very comfortable but have a bad back beds are Often hard in Italy. The room was well cleaned Every day .clean towels over five day stay On arrival had to pay 40 euro tax had to be cash.

The hotel was in excellent position with the duomo Not even 5mins away we had a lovely double Bedroom and ensuite . hotel reception staff someone always available very friendly and helpful Breakfast was good

• Double or Twin Room

Everything. The staff were super helpful with anything we needed and gave us very good recommendations for places to see and eat. The room was really comfortable and the stay exceeded our expectations for the price. The location is Central and right next to the Duomo. The breakfast had a variety of options. I will definitely stay there again.

Way overpriced for what you get!! TINY room which didn't match the pictures or descriptions. We brought that up to the staff, but they weren't helpful in helping us rectify our room issue. 3 adults in their triple meant sleeping on a single bed, with our suitcases on the bed, just so we had room to walk around. Don't be fooled by their picture of the third bed in the separate room.

Location. If it wasn't where it is my rating would be down to a 3.3. Breakfast was okay, but just over a continental. Definitely not the "buffet" you usually get when listed on Booking.com.

Breakfast fine, but a bit more variety during the week, and more consistent fruit availability, would have been appreciated. Better, softer, pillows.

Excellent location, a stone's throw from the Duomo (obviously anywhere you stay in the area you'll hear the bells at 7am!) My room overlooked an internal courtyard so was quiet. High quality bathroom. 24/7 front desk.

Walls are thin, which might be an issue for light sleepers.

Hotel De Lanzi is located right in the heart of Florence. The duomo is literally a few steps from the hotel. Main tourist sights are all within walkable distance. My room was clean and comfortable, with a spacious bathroom and a good bed. I especially liked the fresh croissants at breakfast. The cappuccino from the coffee machine was very decent. Hotel staff was very polite and helpful.

• Double or Twin Room

The heater was a little unpredictable.

The location was incredible. Directly opposite the Duomo. We were very happy. The room was average size ... but enough for us. Breakfast was great - had a good selection of choices.

Pillows were flat but adequate. Prefer Softer, puffy pillows.

Great location. Great security. Lovely bathroom. Adjustable heating. Great granola. Some of the staff were very understanding if one needed to take some food or drink to one's room or on a train. Others, not.

• Double or Twin Room

The room was quite noisy during the night. The hotel is really close to the historic site and so, many people pass by the hotel even after midnight. However, the windows were not double glazed and we heard people shouting and laughing load even at 3am. We didn't have a good sleep but other rooms might have been better from this aspect.

Everything apart from the only negative point....

All good

Great location steps from the Duomo and close to Florence's major attractions - all in a walking distance. Comfortable room in a very decent size, good breakfast served every morning (fruits always there), internet was good.

• Double or Twin Room

There was a constant smell of drains in the room, and if the windows were closed it was really strong. We were suprised that there were no tea/coffee making facilties in the room, as it is marketed as a three star hotel, and while we do understand that we were in Italy, it would have been nice to have some english tv channels. We were on floor 3, (room 302) and on the last two nights of our stay there was an alarm going off over our heads from 6.30 am. We did call reception but they could not find what the issue was, as it was coming from the hotel above us. We were very tired!!

The rooms were comfortable, and the bathroom was very clean. The breakfast was good. The staff were friendly and approachable. The Wi-Fi was very good. The location is wonderful.

Location, Location, Location. Right next to the Duma in Florence. Looked out our window to the Duma and wake up call the Bell Tower. Anna was super and so helpful at the desk. Came from Venice on the train. Taxis picked us up at the train station and we were at the hotel within 10 minutes. There is an elevator to the lobby and then an elevator to our room. Breakfast was very good and we felt very safe in this hotel. You will not get lost staying at this hotel. It is right in the middle of Florence. I know I am passing this on to my travel agents and girlfriends. Trip was taken September 16-20, 2017. We then took the train to Rome and traveled on the Royal Princess for the next 10 days. I will book at this hotel with my next trip to Florence.

• Double or Twin Room

Tea/Coffee facility in the room.

Location was great, staff very helpful and spoke very good English. Breakfast was great. Would recommend it and will definitely go back.

• Double or Twin Room

the bad not that comftrable

The stuff help us to handle our luggage delyaed from the airport, they was very nice. the location is amazing, few meters from Flornce cathedral, breakfast was nice. the wifi is good.

• Double or Twin Room

the elevator was too slow. bath room(shower booth) is small.

it was just near duomo and you can see duomo in the room. just near the center of the city. location was the most valuable thing of this hotel

Beds were a little hard. Staff wasn't overly friendly.

Fantastic location right near the Duomo and all other tourist destinations in Florence. There is an elevator and a secure door to the outside. It is quiet for being right in the city, but the walls are kind of thin; we didn't have a problem though. Lots of restaurants and stores just outside. Plenty of room for all three of us and our luggage (queen bed and a twin). Clean, and excellent servicing of the room each day. Breakfast was adequate - cereal, meat and cheese tray, apples, yogurt, pastries, toast, Nutella and jam, boiled eggs, and a fun automated cappuccino machine that also had lattes and hot chocolate. We walked everywhere except a 10 minute cab to the train station due to our luggage. Bring cash for city tax (in all Italian cities).

• Double or Twin Room

Our room was located next to the kitchen in the adjacent building and we had loud kitchen noise from early in the morning until after we tried to go to bed. If we shut the window to try to keep the noise down, we needed the air conditioning, which was even louder than the outside noise. In the end, windows open and earplugs was the best option, however there are no screens on the windows, so we were both bitten many times by mosquitoes. The room did not have a mini bar, so we were not able to keep water cold. As well, the room did not have a kettle for making tea, but the staff did provide us with hot water and teacups upon request.

The location of the hotel was the best feature. Given that public washrooms are virtually non existent, it was convenient to be able to return to the hotel when needed. Proximity to the Duomo, Ponte Vecchio and all other attractions was great, and shopping was close by as well. We walked from the train station with heavy luggage without issue.

• Double or Twin Room

Very small room and antique elevator with space for 1 person with 2 luggage Difficult access by car ... Google map not updated . But It is a very old historical building . the old town was not planed for elevators and cars I guess !

Fantastic Location . Right at Old City center with View on the cathedral. Pedestrian streets . Night restaurant at 20 m from hotel door Could not be closer ! Efficient Valet parking . Friendly staff . Rooms well kept with necessary facilities

• Double or Twin Room

Perfect location to get out and explore Florence!! It was just across the road from the cathedral and the location made it easier to explore the most of Florence in our short time there. Hotel staff were very friendly and we were able to leave our luggage there after checkout until later in the day which was fantastic!

We visited Florence for 2 nights in September 2017.The best part of the hotel is the location. Not even a minutes walk from the Duomo and next to a Gelato cafe,shops and restaurants .The Room is medium sized ,simple and comfortable .The bathroom is spacious. Breakfast was sumptuous .The staff were courteous and helpful .A good choice to stay

Breakfast place is a bit too small but it doesn't affect the taste of food))

The place is very comfortable and clean, location couldn't be better! Thank you :)

• Double or Twin Room

The view of the room was a bit strange, looking at a small 'court' which was noisy and also on the groundfloor this was the smoking area of the lobby, luckily we've got a room on a higher floor so it was alright.

Good breakfast, great location, spacious and clean room.

The breakfast room is very cramped

The cost and location. 100 Euros for a single room for 2 nights is brilliant for a hotel on the doorstep on the Duomo. And not too far from the railway station (10-15 min walk depending on busyness!). Very comfortable room with great air conditioning.

• Double or Twin Room

The bed was very firm but that's all

Wonderful location right in the middle of town and close to shops, markets, eateries and sights. If in Florence again would definitely stay again.

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was okay. Typical breakfast food with exception of NO scrambled eggs nor bacon just hard boiled eggs that you have to peel.

Hotel is literally one Street down from the dome. Everything is walking distance. Location is perfect. Close to the metro station and to Florence major highlights.

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast selection was a bit poor - expected a far better selection.

Excellent location - just a few steps to the famous Duomo! Staff were very welcoming as well.

• Double or Twin Room

More of a breakfast selection would be good - all very sweet.

Outstanding location! As someone who visits the city regularly I have never found anywhere as perfectly located for such a reasonable price. The hotel is beautiful with lovely, welcoming and knowledgeable staff and outstanding service. Breakfast is good, not a huge range of choices but everything you would expect on a continental breakfast. Breakfast room and staff are lovely. Our room was very clean, well-equipped and perfectly equipped for our needs with great air-con, a big tv and breathtaking views of the Duomo. A few yards from the main attraction of the city and a central location. Fairly quiet at night for a city too. The staff were able to have our room ready early and to store our luggage when we left. A fantastic stay.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Everything was perfect about this place. Very clean, quite, comfortable bed, friendly staff and a good breakfast. The location couldn't be better, within stones thrown of the Duomo.

• Double or Twin Room

Hotel was a bit hard to find. Tourist hotel, but with very friendly staff...clean and convenient.

Fabulous location directly behind Il Duomo and the bell tower. We were taken aback at how close it was. Wonderful!

• Double or Twin Room

The staff at the breakfast room, they didn't let me go out with a simple yogurt and a fruit, when the yogurt is in a plastic container, the staff did obligate us back to the table. There were mosquitoes in the room, two terrible nigths.

• Double or Twin Room

Think twice before you arrive by car - as the hotel is in downtown it is a nightmare to get there on the small streets full with people and I not even mention parking which is impossible. You can ask parking from the hotel and they bring your car to somewhere else (it's safe) but you can't even park for few mins in front of the hotel to go in and arrange parking. Better to leave the car outside the downtown.

Centrally located hotel only few steps from Cattedrale di Santa Maria del Fiore and close to many attractions. Room was big enough, big bathroom.

No fridge

Very well situated to the city you can walk to train station hotel is very central to restuarant etc. Would definately stay again. Stayed in room 207 great.

• Double or Twin Room

Really great hotel location! Duomo could be seen from the entrance! Staff excellent. 24/7. If taxi await for - they call to your room. Very clean and cosy! I really advice to choose this hotel because ration price/location/staff really the best!

As with many hotels in Europe, you have to ask for your keys every time you come and go. It made it difficult with three of us to constantly ask for it...but not a major complaint at all.

Best location in Florence! We opened the door and a few steps away from the Duomo... as well as gelato, restaurants, etc!

• Double or Twin Room

While it seems that all beds on our tour of Italy were quite firm, this was definitely the firmest. Also, it would be nice to have a little more fruit available at the breakfast bar.

Well located, very close to the Duomo and all the other sites. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Security is advanced for an older building. Many fantastic restaurants within a few blocks. Highly recommend Casella 18 for pizza/pasta and Trattoria il Pailo for steak. Both were excellent and provided great wine recommendations for our meals.

• Double or Twin Room

Parking was a little chaotic at first because the hotel is down a really narrow street and we wasn't aware that you had to park next to the GROM gelato shop then check in in order to have our car valet parked.

Breakfast was solid, the location was maravleous. Rooms were perfect size with right accommodation. We would stay there a thousand times.

• Double or Twin Room

Initially I booked one room for two and another for one person. A month later I changed added another person to the second room. The difference in price between the two double occupancy rooms came to $50. The cheaper room had a full bath tub, and more expensive one had a shower.

The location is excellent. The staff is very helpful and eager to accommodate.

Absolutely nothing.

The staff helped a lot in reserving museum tickets and restaurants. The hotel is right in the middle of the old town, every attraction can be reached on foot. The room was totally okay.

• Double or Twin Room

We enjoyed our stay immensely.The hotel was so comfortable in a quaint classic style,full of atmosphere ! The staff were extremely friendly and helpful at all times.They were outstanding! The breakfast buffet was rich and plentiful.However,best of all was the location,right behind Duomo.You really can't get better than that!

• Double or Twin Room

Every time someone closed or opened the entrance door next to the elevator, our door wall shakes and we could hear it, so if you have a light sleep this is a big problem since it happened all the time until late. A strange faint smell in our room particularly, like wet clothes. The air conditioning took a lot of time to kick off, but when it did it was ok (we used the min setting since the medium did some noises - easily fixable, just some screws in the grill cover, I bet they already fixed.

Very very close to the Cathedral, train station, and main center, the location is just perfect. Room and bathroom with a nice size, good water pressure and clean. Very friendly staff. Good breakfast for Italy's standard (which is not that good by the way...) Good value for the money.

Tea/coffee making in rooms would be a big bonus,as well as a small fridge..Florence was vey hot when we were there so a place to keep ones beer or wine cool woulc have beeb exrea good

This Hotel is an excellent choice for travelers who want a nice clean quiet space to stay..I would def book again...

• Double or Twin Room

Didn't know the hotel entrance was on the 1st floor. There was terrible odor probably from the sewage outside of the door in the street when we arrived.

Very close to the Duomo. Average business like hotel.

My room had a terrible smell. When mentioned to the reception, I was told that it is normally the other rooms that smell. While at the reception, the lady hung up (phone) on two clients. AC is better placed in a museum, noisy and only putting temperature at 5 degrees!!! I managed to get a bit of cooling in the stuffy and filzy room. Included breakfast was mediocre.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Old fashion elevator was scary but it gets you to the other floors!

Hotel location is awesome, everything literally a stone throw away. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I plan to stay there again.

The hotel lift needs fixing!

The rooms were quite spacious and spotlessly clean. The breakfast servery area was a little cramped but the quality of the food and drink was very good. All the staff that we had contact with we're friendly and helpful. I will be recommending this hotel to anyone I know who is considering going to Florence.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

• Double or Twin Room

One of the two elevators was out of service, the air conditioner had such a noisy rattle that we only used it when we were not trying to sleep, and with windows open, it was extremely noisy (mainly from kitchens in buildings close by) until around midnight each night. Even so, with our windows open, the night breeze was very pleasant. There was an engraved sign in the elevator advertising a terrific view from the forth floor (which was actually part of another hotel above DeLanzi), but when I tried to access it, the desk clerk would not allow me. These inconveniences would not deter us from staying there again the next time we travel to Florence.

We have stayed here three times now, starting in the 1990s. It is an older facility, but well maintained and up-dated through the years. The location makes it ideal for us--less that 100 yards from the Duomo, with a wonderful restaurant/wine bar (Coquinarius) just a few doors down the small, pedestrian street, and the best gelati (Edoardos) one block away, behind the Duomo and across from the Duomo Museum--in the very heart of the historic and cultural zone--the Hotel DeLanzi is perfect!!! The rooms are comfortable; some have a view of the Duomo. The breakfast is plentiful, with sweet and savory options. The staff is friendly, helpful, and they speak several languages. The cost is very reasonable as well. Even though there were some negatives this time (see below), we would not hesitate to book again.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• Double or Twin Room

It was all amazing, we prefer a kettle in the room to make a drink before breakfast , that would be a nice addition.

We liked the location , the view of the Duomo from the window was an amazing bonus, and we chose this hotel for the traditional presentation (the fact that it was " real " and authentic, not overly modern like too many hotels now which would not suit this hotel)

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Nothing in particular.

The staff were so friendly, helpful and pleasant. Could'nt do enough for us. Highly recommend this hotel for its location. Was in Florence for wedding with family and friends staying in different locations. Very easy to find each other as all staying near the Dome. Our first trip to Florence, we will be back ❤️

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Location was simply amazing.. 50 meters from the Duomo, it just can't get any better! Breakfast was very good and the croissants are extra tasty! There is also a great Gelateria right at the hotel entrance. I can't think of any better place to stay if you're looking to spend a few days in Florence!

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The room's window shows the courtyard - so we couldn't open it except when there was nobody in there. A bit claustrophobic feeling.

Just 50 m from the Duomo, but in the same time in quit area - the only sounds that could "disturb" is coming from the Duomo's bells. Staff - friendly and helpful. Breakfast - good for the Italian standards. All major sites of Florence on walking distance. Plenty of bars and restaurants in the area. Top location! Tables and chairs in the courtyard where you can rest after the dayly activities. From the breakfast's place you can see the part of the Duomo.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

• Double or Twin Room

We stayed for 3 nights, staff was kind enough to give us an amazing room with the Doumo view. Really good service by the staff. Would love to go back.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The room was bit small and the window was not operating at our room (206). Also I missed a minibar in our room to keep some water cool during the hot weather in Italy. And generally this building was quite old one.

Most benefit of this hotel was the location. Direct to the bell tower and was very convenient to go out and step back. It was also not far away from the Garage(Parking) which took about 7min by walk. So in Florence, if you need a hotel with parking place - this could be a solution.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

• Double or Twin Room

If breakfast went until 10 rather than 9:30, or if it was permitted to take food up to a sleeping partner :) and if there was a bit of flexibility to grab a quick breakfast before 7:30 for an early tour.

Location, friendliness of front desk staff

I have no complaints.

We had a comfortable room and the staff could not have been more welcoming and helpful.The continental breakfast was nice and everything was fresh. The hotel was perfect for our needs including the price and location. I would have no hesitation recommending it,

Browse Hotel De Lanzi traveller photo gallery