Reviews of Relais Santa Croce by Baglioni Hotels 5 stars

Via Ghibellina 87, Santa Croce, 50122 Florence, Italy

#54 of 384 hotels in Florence

• Grand Deluxe Double Room

Overall it was an excellent hotel stay. Its a beautiful and comfortable hotel and the staff are all lovely. Amazing bonus is that the 3 star Michelin restaurant Enoteca Pinchiorri was downstairs and we got a reservation!

• Deluxe Double Room

This was the most fantastic stay at any hotel I have ever experienced. I called in advance and Flora at reception helped me organise an amazing proposal for my girlfriend upon arrival at the hotel. It was very romantic and all the staff made our stay incredibly special - a wonderful memory to have forever.

• Deluxe Double Room

Location is not the most central so be prepared to walk a few steps more to the main attractions (other than Santa Croce). We did not mind it at all.

The hotel fragrance is great! Staff is very caring. They are all very professional (but could be a little more friendly with some personal touch on recommendations). The property is beautiful and spacious with great halls and high ceilings.

Absolutely NOTHING

History of the building The hotel has only 24 rooms so the service is phenomenal Clean rooms and bathroom Restaurant Amazing with Michelin stars

• Deluxe Double Room

The shower pressure was a bit low

The staff was super friendly and ready to assist with any information we needed. The lobby was very nice and peaceful. The view from the room was special!

Everything was perfect

Amazing historical place. Very nice and helpful staff. Room was very clean, bright and had an amazing view of the old Cathedral.

Everything was flawless.

The staff went above and beyond. I have traveled a lot, to many super 5 star hotels, but this hotel had the BEST bathrobe ever. I asked if they were available for purchase. They offered to check it out for me, and when I returned it was wrapped, bagged and I was offered a beyond reasonable price. More important than the bathrobe was the fact that the staff didn’t just say “no, sorry”, they made it happen!! On check in, we were seated in the music room and offered a beverage while we waited. Our check in staff then came in, complete with map and highlighter to give us the lay of the land, list of “ must dos”, etc. The room was beautiful, the bathroom amazing! The linens top of the line. I will look for a Relais property every time I travel!

• Deluxe Double Room

The location is good, but not bang in the Centre No spa, or swimming pool The hotel is a bit of a maze

Stunning property, good breakfast ( although coffee is at an additional charge, very friendly and helpful staff

• Deluxe Double Room

I think some services are a bit overpriced, even if quality is good, but still. The restaurant should review a bit their prices as well.

The staff is great, really friendly, specially the maître Christopher! Any special requests are fulfilled in no time! The location is amazing, in the center of Florence, just a few steps from Santa Croce! It’s a romantic palace in the heart of Florence. The rooms are spacious and every bathroom has it’s own sauna in the shower!

Nothing. All was excellent

Amazing hotel, decoration, rooms and lounges. The building itself is incredible! Excellent, friendly, nice and professional staff. Our executive room had a superbe view to the Santa Croce Church. Our experience was fantastic at the hotel. Will surely come back

None.

I just LOVE Florence and LOVE Relais Santa Croce Hotel! It has the best location, GREAT and very lovely WELCOMING staff, very beautiful decoration, and very clean. It's my second time to stay at this hotel, and I will always choose to come back. I really would like to thank all the staff for making it a very valuable moment at Florence. Thank you.

• Deluxe Double Room

The building is incredible, the staff is fabulous, very attentive without snobbishness, the room is new, clean and comfortable, with a great view! I will become a Baglioni Hotels frequent guest for sure.

• Deluxe Double Room

Our deluxe Double Room did not correspond to the one displayed on the Booking. Definitely smaller, placed in the attic, with low ceiling and view on the neighboring roofs.

Beautiful hotel set in the 18th century palazzo. Good location, friendly and helpful staff, tasty breakfast.

• Suite

Most of the staffs are very friendly and helpful, only on the day when we checked out there was lake of communication regards the parking fees, as we never had been told the fees of $45 per night for parking when we checked in, we thought we got for free. The lady from front desk called Francesca was very rude, I didn't like the way she talked to us, she tried to convince we were stupid and don't understand the rule in Florence, she was loud and kept knocking her point finger on the tables through the whole conversation, at the end the 3 night parking fees( $135) Euro has been taken off, but we are not happy, we are paying over $1000 Australia dollar per night there and the hotel is not qualified for 5 star for unprofessional and rude staff.

We stayed in the suit, good size for couple, and the room has bit view of the city.

The hotel did not have an iron and ironing board.

Hotel was surprisingly very nice, the rooms were excellent, the staff was extremely nice. A very nice place to stay,

• Deluxe Double Room

Better vanity set in bathroom would be nice, shower almost open with a tiny glass wall

A very clean hotel, lovely decor, big size room with a separate closet and an excellent breakfast. Warm and friendly staff

• Deluxe Double Room

uncomfortable bed, the bathroom was not clean and with dirt on the sink, so we were upgraded to the suite that is not that great. electricity went down during the third night and there were no hot water as it was after some major event the hotel suffered from

the team was responding, nice building

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

Nothing. I would wish the hotel is closer to the shopping area, but that's just my opinion.

I've stayed in Four Seasons Florence before and it was one of the best service. This hotel has the same service level, but with a fraction of the price. I frequently travel to Florence and I have to say I will be coming back again. Breakfast was amazing and the service is just superb. I feel at home on my 2 days stay!

• Suite

The room had a "bathroom smell". It was attempted to mask with an excessive use of the air freshener (which both me and my wife were allergic to). I do understand that "historical" buildings may have such specific due to their pipeline system, but in this particular case it was (most probably) caused by a Jacuzzi - it starts to smell when not used regularly. The solution is to simply turn it on once in every couple of days - not that hard to do. .. also a doorman could be a bit more attentive. .. and a housemaid could wash/replace used cups instead of just taking them away. .. and it would be nice to see fully stocked tea/coffee supply in the room at the moment of checkin :) I'm really niggling here. And I would never mention such minor things in the review of other hotels. But Baglioni Hotels always had the class and I wish it will remain that way.

Early check-in was very nice. The free room upgrade was a pleasant thing (had to sacrifice the view for it, though). Breakfast was excellent. I can go on with the list of nice things for quite a while, but will just reiterate: brilliant - as usual.

• Deluxe Double Room

Unfortunately, there was some black mold around the base shower. We did inform the front desk of this when we checked out. It took quite a while for our luggage to be delivered (we had to call twice). The hotel left room service for the room next to ours in the hallway overnight and into the next day. There was only a minimal view of the church from the 2nd floor, but our view was mostly back alleys. It did not measure up to the view of some similar accommodations. The hotel was painting in the hallway where our room was located and smell was a little overwhelming for a day. Apparently, the restaurant was offering a special price to dine there, but no one told us about it!! If we had known, we would have dined there. The restaurant is supposed to be quite good, but we didn't want to pay $300 Euros per person for the tasting menu. The special that they were offering was a great deal. Again, wish she had known. The front desk staff should have informed us.

The room was comfortable with lots of closet space. Common areas were quite beautiful. Everyone at the hotel was very nice. Even though our room was not ready when we arrived in the afternoon, they made us feel at home in the music room and we were able to order drinks. Loved the canary singing in the music room. Room was pretty soundproof. Liked having a small balcony and could open the doors in both the bedroom and bathroom.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

It was unseasonably warm and they couldn't switch to put the air conditioning on so it was a little uncomfortable at night.

Staff was very friendly and made you feel welcome. The room was nice and large. Hotel was in a good laocation

• Grand Deluxe Double Room

The bathroom has spots on the floor and was sticky. A lot of old dust on the lamps above the mirror in the bathroom. The taste of dried fruit was awful.

The position, the room as very nice and silent. Good view. The and staff was very kind and fast. Good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

The reception was great! The gentleman that was welcoming us on the 6th of February on the reception printed out all good restaurants for us! And he and the lady on reception were great! The whole registration lasted 3 minutes! Great hotel, great view, wonderful breakfast!!!The best stay in Florence!!!!!!!

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

The only communal lounge area had been rented out to a local theatre so we had no access to that for the entire trip. at times we felt like we were in the way. The mattresses are like bricks. I didn't feel like I was in a 5 star hotel at times

The location was perfect and the staff were very helpful.

• Reviewed: 25 November 2016

• Grand Deluxe Double Room

Fantastic location, the nicest & most helpful staff. Within minutes after we got to the room, someone was at our door with a bowl of water for my dog & a torte. Also, the steam shower is to die for :)

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

No negative comments.

Staff is excellent, Michele could not have been more professional and helpful. The staff at breakfast were equally polite and helpful.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

It's missing a tuch of dedication of the personel and the maintaining should be better

It's unique place to stay, palazzo, lots of nice details

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

I really disliked the smell of the hotel - in fact I found it quite overwhelming in some places in a poor effort to mask something more unpleasant lurking underneath. Our room - a Junior Suite - was comfortable enough, but I felt the attention to detail was poor for a 5 star hotel selling itself as a luxury destination. There was a wall lamp in our room which never worked despite being reported, a leather couch (which probably doubles as another bed) which was practically unusable as it was very deep and yet had no cushioning so you couldn't lean back against the wall, the floor was bare and hard - a decorative rug would have fixed this, the low water pressure meant that the shower didn't live up to its rather exciting promise and was ultimately disappointing, the air conditioning was really loud and the vents into the room were large and unattractive with no effort at all made to disguise them. None of these things are deal breakers in and of themselves - but having paid a premium price I expected a premium experience and was ultimately left disappointed.

The staff were without exception lovely and helpful, very warm and welcoming. The building itself is fascinating with a real sense of history, and it's close to the action without being right on top of it all.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

Wifi was weak. Would be great to have a gym and/or a yoga room on an affiliation with a gym nearby.

The building - a palazzo, is excellent and beautifully restored. Impeccably styled inside. Location is fantastic. Close enough to everything yet a little away from the hordes. We enjoyed the proximity to Santa Croce. The music room has outstanding character. The staff is very helpful, unpretentious and cheerful.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

• Grand Deluxe Double Room

Very dirty teaspoon in bedroom but with clean cup and saucer. No explanation given when raised with reception.

Friendly service and very helpful staff particularly reception when making reservations. Gave excellent restaurant advice.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• Grand Deluxe Double Room

Everything I could think off was perfect. You arrive and are greeted with a glas of champagne. The staff is very friendly and always helpful. Location is perfect. The whole setting is just 100 % luxury and of highest quality, you just feel welcome and taken care of. We had a unique experience. If you wish to have a great Hotel in Florence - this is the spot to be!

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

Water pressure and hot water not great and got fixed the next day

Beautiful hotel that once was a palace to a Pope. Very near to sightseeing in Florence

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

Four days after my departure, I am still waiting for my final bill via email, as promised. I did not get a print out at check out.

The location, the services, the building itself, the decoration, everything makes it a unique property which offers real flavour of Florence!

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

Would have been nice to have a pool and spa/wellness area.

Very personal service on a high level - you almost don't feel like being in a hotel. The building has impressive interior and the location is quiet yet close to everything. The staff is extremely service oriented and do their utmost to fulfill your every request.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

The entrance hall decor is pretty much in need of an update and get rid of all the old mismatched sofas and chairs and random objects dotted around the hotel. Some good but a lot were cheap looking and not suited to such a fabulous building of historical interest.

The bed linen was fabulous. Very quiet room but no outlook. Fabulous breakfast. Very nice staff all around.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Suite

According to the website I expect a sauna and hot tab in the suit and we didn't have any. Also there was no view

The historical building is beautiful and well preserved, the staff are very kind and helpful

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

The maid did not come to my room 4 times in a row and I had to come down and mention it to the staff every time. This should not happen in a 5 star hotel. Also the breakfast is a little bit pricey for what you get.

The room and the bed were absolutely amazing. I asked for a specific room and got exactly what I asked for. The staff is great, extremely friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

Amazing hotel, very friendly, polite and discreet staff, made multiple reservations for us and were always helpful. We ate at the restaurant below (3 star) and had a wonderful table in the patio. We loved all the details and attention, would definitely want to stay there again.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Grand Deluxe Double Room

It is a very nice, clean hotel to stay in. The history behind the building is also fascinating. Staff, especially front desk is very nice and helpful in any enquiry you have !

• Deluxe Double Room

Friendly and skilled staff, unexpected surprise for my wife birthday, sweeties upon arrival, central location, excellent breakfast

• Deluxe Double Room

quiet exclusive hotel. staff excellent and service. no actual gym on premises but excellent gym 30m away ideally located to sites and restaurants.

• Deluxe Double Room

Everything was perfect. We got an upgrade to a room with a beautiful view.

• Deluxe Double Room

Location, staff, comfort, size of room, views - everything (Gluten free options at breakfast)

That we had to leave.

Simply amazing. Full of history and classically maintained. Loved it.

• Deluxe Double Room

Room view was not nice and very cold

Lovely hotel in very cozy location and walking distance to all attractions.

• Deluxe Double Room

room decoration, balcany and the grand musical hall

Everything was perfect. Thank you. Heather Lennon

the hotel is not in the meddle of the shopping area that i thought it would be...

you feel safe in the property its a house style

• Deluxe Double Room

little facilities - no gym, pool or terrace

Freindly staff

none

Amazing staff, very clean and comfortable hotel i like it

• Deluxe Double Room

The AC was not working and the weather was warm, i couldn't sleep till 5 in the morning because of that

Nice staff and clean

breakfast

huge room historical building

• Grand Deluxe Double Room

The shower is too slippery Very roomy rooms

• Deluxe Double Room

Bed was not comfortable for honeymooners.

Decoration, location and very polite and helpful staff.

• Deluxe Double Room

The bed was not super comfortable as it was not very soft.

The resort was great and the staff was very friendly.

• Suite

Good service and friendly staff

Parking was €50 per night. That's an absolute rip off

Location was excellent

Fabulous place

The shower

The location and staff

• Grand Deluxe Double Room

Elegant space of a historic building, stylish decoration of the public areas, very good service.

• Grand Deluxe Double Room

The television in our room didn't work.

The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

view of badly kept courtyard

service..comfort..free upgrade...room design

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

Nothing. Everything was great!!

Staff were great and really accomodating

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

The hotel is a bit dated and rooms are smallish and not very confortable. Hard bedding.

Beautiful lobby, good breakfast

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Staff, room,cleanliness

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

The staff was so friendly, the rooms excellent, nice lounge. Would definitely go there again.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

The bed linen's a bit rough on the surface. Could provide complimentary bottled waters

The room was spacious

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

We loved every thing

The staff were so friendly and so helpful , and very genuine in wanting to make our stay memorial

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

Nothing, really.

Extraordinary setting in an old farm cast with chapel, two restaurants and vineyards as far as the eyes can see.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

Room was super clean. Staff was amazing and very courteous. Location is at the heart of almost everything.

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

The pillows were stiff. Softer pillows would have made the bed more comfortable.

The cappuccino was perfect!

• Reviewed: 10 May 2016

Unless you in a junior suite the rooms was very small - 20 Sqm The first room we got was a deluxe. The site says larger but it was much smaller. Just Enough room for a suitcase and yourselves. We were there for 3 nights Housekeeping needs bit improvement Tea coffee not refreshed Turn downs not regular and extra blankets dirty

Beautiful property ... Front of house Staff very helpful and attentive

• Reviewed: 1 May 2016

Calls never returned. Could not get the pillows right, breakfast is weak. Facilities are weak, toilet not working. Junior suite has a view like prison. When approached hotel was no greeting , not even close to a four star hotel let alone the claimed luxury hotel.

Location only

• Reviewed: 26 March 2016

If I had to be picky.......no decaf teabags!!

The staff were very friendly and made us feel very welcome, nothing was too much trouble. Our room was on third floor with a view over the rooftops to the Duomo! Fabulous!

There are also 44 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Relais Santa Croce by Baglioni Hotels traveller photo gallery