Reviews of Hotel Napolit'amo 3 stars

Via San Tommaso D'Aquino 15, Port of Naples, 80133 Naples, Italy

#64 of 158 hotels in Naples

Hotel is very well located and there are very nice...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It's a pitty that breakfast only starts at 7.30.

Hotel is very well located and there are very nice restaurants just around the corner. We received a free upgrade and absolutely loved the room with the little terrace. The breakfast was very big and had many different options. Price/quality of this hotel is amazing!

Great place in central Naples, make sure you have parking arrangements
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It seems the renovation wasn't done to high standards so you can already see some wallpaper starting to come off around the edges.

Location is great and staff is very nice. The room was quiet and newly renovated. I would stay again when in Naples.

Well situated hotel.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel is looking a little tired and the decor could do with some upgrading.

Well situated hotel. Exceptionally friendly staff who were truly helpful. Room was comfortable and the bathroom was larger than I thought, which actual room to move around and a lovely walk in shower. An added bonus was the fact that wifi is available throughout the hotel, not just the reception area.

I don’t recommend it! And will not come back to this place
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Our room didn’t have a working AC, which I let them know, but they didn’t do any tuyo fix, so it was hot and uncomfortable

I liked the location and how it looks inside

Great Value stay.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The sound proofing between rooms particularly the plumbing was not great so if you're neighbours took early or late showers for example it could be a little anoying.

Great location, very clean, fantastic coffee and breakfast, friendly staff.

Nice people!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Thermoelectric refrigerator that apparently turned off when you leave the room. Hardly an issue, but no way to have a cold drink waiting...

Nice people! Comfy bed! Reasonably good wifi. Walking distance from everything you might need: metro, restaurants, bars, ... Big supermarket at the corner. If you like to run, the promenade is 500 meters away and then you can enjoy 6-7 km along the coast.

Budget hotel-limited facilities-but convenient for the port in Naples.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was very limited- with very little choice. I had to ask for milk and cereal bowls, as well as tea-bags. Not very organized at all. No hot water late afternoon-so had to have a tepid shower. Water was hotter in the mornings before breakfast-so would recommend an early shower. Only a cold drinks vending machine available all day-once breakfast was over. No chance of tea or coffee. The biggest problem was the bad smell in the bathroom-around the toilet area. I don't think the bathroom had been cleaned properly with disinfectant. We were really glad to leave this hotel due to the lack of hygiene. Entrance was confusing-have to go into hallway-turn left-then take the lift up to the 3rd floor. Air conditioning in the bedroom wasn't very efficient. The weather was really hot, 27 degrees, so suffered two nights in a hot stuffy room. Could not keep the bedroom window open all night due to the excessive traffic noise. We would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

The staff were friendly and helpful at check-in. The bedroom had a large double bed and modern flat-screen TV and furnishings. The room included a small fridge. We chose this hotel because it was close to the port. Convenient if you want to catch the boat to Capri for the day. The hotel was near to many shops and restaurants-plenty of choice to suit all budgets.

We had an amazing trip and would definitely go there again.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The entrance to the Hotel was difficult to find, they should maybe put up a sign.

We had a large modern, clean, comfy room. All the staff were very helpful. The buffet breakfast was amazing and the location of the hotel was perfect for sightseeing.

Good location of the hotel to visit Naples
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Security seemed a bit weak, the hotel is on the third floor of a building. Our bedroom was alongside a big wall of an old church and was quite dark. Staff at breakfast were not all well trained

Location of the hotel, not too far from the areas to visit and the port. Breakfast room quite open with a view.

One day in Naples
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Hotel was nice. Just be careful on the roads in Naples cause drivers don’t stop even @ zebra crossing.

Really nice and helpful staff. Close to all attractions in Naples. Stayed only 1 night before going to Amalfi Coast.

Nice hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The WiFi didn't work well at the rooms, the signal was too weak. The breakfast wasn't worth it, not good value for money. Much better in cafes nearby.

Comfy beds, clean rooms, friendly staff, good location.

Location good, rest is variable
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

AC wasn’t working - and staff weren’t really helping with it. Mould in the showers. Simple facilities like Iron or weighing scales not available.

Great location, nice bedding, well kept dining area.

Good value for money.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The mattress was too soft and the pillow too hard. The temperature in the room was not easy to be regulated and there was a small light above the bed that couldn't be switched off. Small detail the early cleaning in other rooms which was kind of annoying (it would be better to start cleaning after 10:00 o'clock).

Very friendly and helpful staff, adequate tasty breakfast. Excellent location for very fair price.

Nice accom in a central location
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The first shower of the day was freezing, and after calling reception to ask if the hot water was on, we were informed that the first shower needs to leave the water running for 5 minutes or so to heat it up (I'm assuming that's the first shower of the day in the whole hotel, not per room). Just a minor issue, everything else was great.

The breakfast was very nice. They didn't cater to my gluten free requests (or respond to them prior to booking in, so I just brought my own gf oats), but the fresh fruit, yoghurt, coffee etc was very nice. The staff is extremely friendly and very helpful. Rooms were cleaned and linens replaced every day which is always nice.

Very good return for your money and pleasant stay guaranteed
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The exterior of the building did not look inviting but the room was comfortably furnished, beddings extra spoiling & high quality, the bathroom and furniture all look new and everything was very clean. The hotel staff is always helpful , welcoming and smiley and the pleasant breakfast has enough for whatever you really need.

Definitely not value for money.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room had awful soundproofing. You could hear anything happened to the next rooms. Like the TV opening which was preset to the max volume (quite scary at 3 a.m.) or the toilet flush. The hotel is placed to the third floor in a building where you have to ring the bell. I had to make a phone call 3 times (which is extra money for a foreigner) to enter the hotel since the ring didn't work. The breakfast is poor without variety and very few fresh ingredients. 100€ per night in February is a shame for that kind of facilities.

Great location. Helpful staff. Spacious room.

Great location in the city centre
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Be aware that the hotel is only in one stock and outside the building is only small sign next door. We couldn't find the hotel at all!

Great location near the city centre, great breakfast.

Worth staying
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Water in shower could be warmer

Great place, nearby famous objects ant the Port so the bus from the airport stops about 700 meters from hotel. The room was great, clean ant comfortable.

Nice stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The location of the hotel is good, near the port, close to the airport shuttle bus stop. Near Castel Nuovo and very close to many tourist attractions. The hotel is clean and nice, friendly staff. Good wi-fi connection. The breakfast was good for all tastes you could find something (sweet or salty). Good coffee. We were in November and the room was warm and nice, with very large and comfortable bed. Overall it was good for a 3 stars hotel.

Great. Worth its price. Can recommend those who are looking for nice room in central for few days
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Our room was very close to the reception, therefore was a bit noisy. But wasnt critical. Was a bit cold in the room, bit still ok (we got used to 22 plus in out flat). But these didnt significantly impacted our mood. Generally it totally worth its price.

Excellent location. Helpfull staff. Clean room. Great breakfast. Price was super comparing to other central located hotels (***).

The receptionist was very helpful, staff were very nice.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The receptionist was very helpful, staff were very nice. Breakfast was enjoyable and the room was comfy, clean and newly refurbished. Everything you could want for the price paid and convenient location in Naples!

Well positioned hotel with decent service and good price to quality ratio.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The lift was rather violent, but this is from the building, not related to the hotel directly. Seems to be an old type, but worked perfectly fine. Just quite amusing :) Nothing to complain about the hotel.

Receptionist was very helpful and nice. Location is good. Access is easy and most things are within walking distance.

As a base for vieing Naples and the surrounding area this cannot be bettered.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Minibar empty. However, water (still and sparkling) is available at €1.00 a 50cl(?) bottle from the reception. Order both lifts and take the first.

Location. It is near two metro stations on Line One (Municipio and Toledo) giving direct access to Centrale (Caserta) and Porta Garibaldi (Pompeii, Herculaneum and Sorrento) Stations and the Archeological Museum. A Funicula for Vomero (Augusta), the Palazzo Reale, the ferries for Capri, Ishcia and Procida, the Castel Nuovo are 10 minutes away or less. The passaggiata on the Via Toledo is just up the road. Montesanto Station (Pozzuoli and Campi Flegrei) is a manageable walk away or can be accessed by tube (Toledo/Municipio to Cavour and change to Line 2) Breakfast is taken with a view of the sea and the Castel Nuovo over the Incoronata. It is situated between the charming foreshore of Santa Lucia and the Old City. The fixed tarrif for a taxi from or to the airport is less than €25.00. Breakfast is not included. It is more conveniently placed that the hotels around the Central Station (a troubled area) and the more luxurious ones on Santa Lucia foreshore.

Close to the centre, parking garage just next to the hotel...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There was a spoiled ham on the breakfast - really smelling a lot. I couldn't believe they can put something like that on the table! Otherwise the breakfast was fine.

Close to the centre, parking garage just next to the hotel (25 euro per day), I felt safe in the area. Very nice staff, gave us some advices. Elevator in the building.

Almost perfect, disability accessibility could be improved
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I was travelling with a wheelchair guest, the hotel could do better and educate themselves on small fixes that could have made the room much more accessible - grip bars should be installed. Also they turn the air conditioning off at night - there 4 nights and lost 2 nights of sleep sweating to death with wet towels on us to cool down at 4:30am. We complained and they said "guest ask us to turn it off"..... silly excuse considering you can turn off from your room. They did respect our request and did leave on only if we made formal requests before going to bed.

Location was amazing - walking distance to amazing restaurants, shopping, marina, Castle.

very modern and clean but difficult to find on the street. great location and friendly staff.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

While it was super close to the metro, it was actually quite hard to find as the signage on the street is only at the side of the door - unlike big signs above the door at most hotels. When you walk inside it feels like an office building but once you actually get to the hotel it is very modern and clean and the rooms are on the larger size for such a good location.

Staff on arrival were very friendly and gave great recommendations.

Transport is very easy.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

If your are looking for safe hotel, don't stay here. We are staying two people and my friend was out of hotel. While I left, I gave my room ID card to receptionist man and went out. After 5 min. I recognized that I forgot something in my room and backed to hotel. Receptionist man was absent. I walk through my room, he was goning out the my room. I want room ID card, he didn't give me card which I had given him, he create new card. Because my card was in his hand. He tried to hide it. When I wanted him to show me my older card, he start to explanation I check your room is there anything wrong. I ask him why didn't ask me ? He told that I am right sorry ect. So this hotel not safe. Athough I told them nobody enter our room even for cleanıng, the man enter with no reason. In addition to that regarding to booking information, there should be safety box in rooms BUT THERE IS NO SAFETY BOX.

Transport is very easy. Near port and other area.

Hotel is near the port.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Hotel is near the port. Transport very easy.

It has a good location and clean. But the breakfast is the worst
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There is no safety box. The breakfast is the worst which i have ever seen. You couldn't control the air condition. I told the personel but he didn't let to me. I had to open the window to close it.

I like Hotel's location. It's very close to the important square, castle and Toledo street. There is a big market(365) near the hotel. It is also close to the port for the island. Also the hotel is very clean.

The Hotel is located on the 3rd floor in the building with...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Very bad sound isolation. We could hear cars on the streets, had a feeling that windows were open.

The Hotel is located on the 3rd floor in the building with other apartments. Although the interior is modern, the room looked quite work out. Bed was very soft, not really what we like. It's located just 5 minutes from the harbour. For one night stay ok, but not for a longer stay. Breakfast served only from 8am.

You pay for the location but it's not worth the price.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Uncomfortable beds and pillows and really noisy. We heard everything that happened outside our room and when the other guests walked in the stairs.

The location was great, really close to Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh museum. A bit further to the city center, 25 minute walk in to the cantral station.

Would not stay here again!! Ever!! 2 star at the very best!!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Ant infestation in our room. Dirty pillows and mattresses. Very dusty. Shower leaked. Throw and accent pillows dirty. Pubic hairs in bathroom on soap dispenser in shower!

Staff were very friendly/helpful.

There were ants in the room
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There were ants in the room The hotel is in the third floor of an old building in a ugly location. The street was shady Old and smelly I don't recommend this place

Thanks for the small attentions - we received a small...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Thanks for the small attentions - we received a small bottle of prosecco for our honeymoon - thanks again Good geographical situation Nice room

Good option on Naples
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

the only problem was with the air conditioner, because we went on the summer and was very hot.

We staied just one night on the hotel, and the localization is good, around 15 minutes walking from the trem station, near to very good restaurants, near to the most popular avenue in Naples, breakfast excellent, and good wi-fi.

Great hotel and room but Wi-Fi is slow near the main road rooms (further away from reception)
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Air conditioning system seemed old and it was hard to get the room to the temperature desired. Also the location of the room (on the main road) seemed to have a poorer connection to the wi-fi compared to other rooms closer to the reception.

Location; friendliness of staff, fast wi-fi.

Great Hotel but some rooms have older bathrooms.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Our room's bathroom was an outdated design with an older basin and shower that had doors which were hard to close. Even when closed the water would still flood out into the bathroom and bedroom despite our best efforts. This bathroom was much older compared to the one in the room we got a few days later upon returning to Naples. I suppose some rooms have old designs and some new, but I paid for the same thing. I'm not sure if I was given the older room because of an early check-in but the bathroom did not meet expectations as per the photos on Booking.com. Air conditioning system was also old and it was hard to get the room to the temperature desired.

I liked the location, the friendliness of staff and the fast wi-fi.

The hotel has gotten a bit shabby since the pictures were...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel has gotten a bit shabby since the pictures were taken. I had no safe in my room and was told they were expecting the new ones at the end of the month! Breakfast was just OK.

Situation géographique excellente( proximité du port,...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Literie ( excellente literie mais absence de protège matelas )

Situation géographique excellente( proximité du port, station métro municipale, Tolèdo, calme

Good value for money. A little noisier than we would've liked, but overall a decent place to stay.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

there was quite a lot of noise in the bedrooms from the sound of the doors opening and closing from the other rooms.

Room was to a better standard than expected. Bed was big and very comfy.

The room was clean and comfortable with AC for the hot...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I didn't like Naples very much, it is very poor and dirty, most people were rude in the city. For the hotel,it took about 5 minutes or more for the shower water to warm up, but everything else was fine.

The room was clean and comfortable with AC for the hot nights. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the hotel was located just a few minutes walk from all old downtown areas.

Location was good but another was too bad
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Hotel resepsiyonist was a girls and she is realy bad. She didnt help for anything. Hotel was too noisy and not clean, breakfast was too bad and not fresh

Hotel location was good and safety area

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Great stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Asked for a key for the room safe and was given a key and informed that I had to hand this key back in every time we went out, I did not take the key.

Good location near to centre and port

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Under my expectations
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It's not easy to find (it's inside a building with no indication outside), the room is really tight with no frigobar and no water. I Found a small insect on the toilet paper and the cleaning is not perfect. Breakfast not free. Price too high for services.

The location is good, close to metro, bars and city center.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

Great Location
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Unfortunately I stayed at this hotel on the same night that a group of young students stayed and they were extremely loud during the evening, I ordered a double room only to find the bed was 2 singles pushed together

The location is excellent with a close walking distance to Municipio and Toledo metro stops as well as being a very short walk to piazza del plebiscito and the waterfront, The staff are extremely friendly and helpful, The rooms are very modern and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

We love Naples and have spent many holidays there
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We have stayed here before and like to hotel and its location within walking distance from everything we wanted to see and do

Our only complaint is the noise - but this is hardly the hotels fault - and our room was very warm and there seems to be no way to turn the radiator off

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

very good. I recommend!!!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Its Far from The Central Station so you have tô take a taxi.

The apartment we stayed was perfect! Brand new and lot of space. Very good bed. Very good bathroom instalations. The hotel is close To city main attractions.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

Really friendly place
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Less than 5 minutes from Municipio metro station (2 stops from the main station) and close to the Spanish Quarter so good location. Friendly staff and more than happy for us to leave our bags with them on the final day.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Average hotel within walking distance of the Historic areas
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The comforters on the beds had big stains on them. Also, if was very warm in our room and when we tried to turn the A/C on, it turned off, would not turn back on, and wouldn't cool the room.

The beds were comfortable and while it was a typical small shower stall, the water pressure was very good. We had several questions about things to do around Naples, and the hotel staff were very helpful with providing us information.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Good location for a short stay.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Took ages for any hot water to reach the hot water tap. Shower was completely blocked resulting in the bathroom and room being flooded when used. No coffee/ tea making facilities.

Comfortable room. Good location.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

spacious room with great shower and a double sink.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

twin room with very small beds and extremely noisy when guests enter and leave the rooms. not great if you want a lie in!

spacious room with great shower and a double sink.

Location/breakfast

Poor airconditioning

Location/breakfast

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

The room was big, modern , breakfast was great
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Was hard to find from the street, got lucky to notice the small sign

The room was big, modern , breakfast was great

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Great budget stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Rooms a little on the small side but not really a huge issue for a couple of nights

Friendly staff, v clean rooms and great location near the port

Good option for Naples
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

A/c didn’t work very well

Great breakfast and very friendly helpful staff

Staff

Lovely and helpful staff.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Lovely and helpful staff. Breakfast was good and the location was perfect.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

The hotel was clean and it’s was in the ideal location for...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel was clean and it’s was in the ideal location for me

Location, comfortable bed and shower, nice staff
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Entrance in the building, poor soundproof towards the corridor

Location, comfortable bed and shower, nice staff

Recommended. Clean accomodation

Central position.

Fantastic location

Fantastic location

Everything was good, if in Naples again I would stay there...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Everything was good, if in Naples again I would stay there once more. Really good breakfast by the way.

Close to the castle and restaurants
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Parking wasn’t close so we paid for a more expensive place so we didn’t have to drag our bags too far

Close to the castle and restaurants

I will not be returning to this hotel.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The air conditioning did not work. It was 80 degrees fahrenheit in the bedroom.

The location is close to the city center.

Generally ok

A bit noisy

Helpful staff, good location

Breakfast, clean shower, towels all great

All good

Breakfast, clean shower, towels all great

Very good location, room is big and clean.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Very very noisy in the morning, I was obliged to wake up

Very good location, room is big and clean. Staff very nice and available

Good choise and good stay.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel is near of the main street, near a market, restaurants and the main touristic attractions. The staff is kind and helpfull.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

good location, nice receptionist, good breakfast :)

Perfect place to stay in Naples.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Clean, perfect location, very friendly staff.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Location. We had a superior room- spacious.

Staff exquisitely polite and smiling

I would improve the breakfast with some cooked food

Staff exquisitely polite and smiling

Not worth the money
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Heating was fix set on 29degrees all night,no warm water in shower, no english speaking night reception.

Clean, good location, great breakfast

Good breakfast, good location, nice room