Reviews of Hotel Antiche Mura 4 stars

9.8

9.7

Love it!
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff was great, friendly and very funny! They recommended a fabulous restaurant called Da Fillipos. The restaurant staff picked me up and drove me home for no charge. The food was to die for!! The pool was great. The breakfast buffet was excellent!

Excellent and would definitely go back.

Could not fault anything about the hotel.

The breakfasts were excellent, the staff very friendly and we were looked after very well, in fact it was one of the best hotels we have stayed in and I would have no hesitation in recommending it to friends and family. Location was spot on and within walking distance to restaurants and shops.

Good location, staff, & breakfast buffet
    • Junior Suite (4 Adults)

Noisy air cooling, old fashioned rooms/bathrooms

Location and that it had a pool and helpful reception staff especially for organising excursions and the breakfast buffet

I would highly recommend this hotel to make a base for exploring the Amalfi coastline
    • Suite (5 Adults)

I don’t really have any complaints but maybe tea and coffee making facilities in the room would have been a nice addition.

The location of this hotel was excellent. Just on the edge of the centre of town. The staff were very friendly and the breakfast was delicious with lots of variety. The coffee was really good and the food at the pool also great. We were with our teenage boys and our family room was perfect, lots of space and comfortable beds. We arranged a few day trips with the hotel and they were outstanding and the guides provided were knowledgeable and looked after us well.

Loved the hotel!!
    • Junior Suite (4 Adults)

Room had someone'sunderwear in a drawer and a beer bottle outside when we came in . For a suite and what we paid only one room seemed small but the location made up for it, no real room service options for kids.., wasps all around breakfast and pool

Staff was very helpful and friendly with activities and tours, BREAKFAST buffet!!!!!, OMG breakfast buffet, the view of the old wall was very interesting, LOCATION, amazing pool with lemon trees everywhere , nice lobby,

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Location was excellent.
    • Comfort Double Room

Decor bit outdated. Would have liked evening entertainment like hotel next door.

Location was excellent. Pool facilities good. Beds comfortable. Good range of breakfast options.

Fantastic stay
    • Comfort Double Room

Loved everything about this hotel. Warm, welcoming and friendly staff; great pool area; amazing location right in the town centre (but quiet in hotel) and clean comfortable rooms. Would highly recommend.

It was a spectacular stay!
    • Double or Twin Room

The sound proofing between the rooms could have been a bit better.

The swimming pool was fantastic. You could always find a chaise because there were so many of them and the pool area was large. The employees could not have been nicer or more helpful. The location was perfect.

Lovely hotel, top class staff!

Very nice hotel. A little expensive, but worth it. All staff - front desk, cleaning staff and waiting staff - were extremely friendly and nice to us. A great experience for our family to stay in this lovely property. Pool area was great, food at the pool was very nice, and breakfast was great too. Very clean rooms. Top class location. What's not to like?

My friend highly recommended this hotel and she was absolutely correct. My husband raved about it.
    • Comfort Double Room

Everything! Location excellent! Staff outstanding! I got there and I was sick. They directly sent me to the pharmacy. Doctor on staff there got antibiotics immediately! Staff, Stefano, Mario and Francesco went beyond to direct us to the great restaurants which but the picked you up and dropped you off for free. Daniella who took care of our room was also so gracious and friendly did an excellent job. Also, Luigi, in breakfast area did an excellent job attending to us. I highly recommend this hotel to all my friends.

Very likely to stay here again should we have the good fortune to return to Sorrento.
    • Double or Twin Room

Smallish room and no view, but we knew that going in.

Best bed in a long time, including home. Rain forest showers very nice. Lovely public spaces, great garden and pool area. Front desk extremely helpful. Bar pours an honest drink. Morning and evening maid service very thorough. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend to others.

Great location to do everything you could imagine around Sorrento

No complaints

Great location. Very comfortable beds with excellent air conditioning and shutters that caused me to sleep soundly and peacefully. Breakfast had good selection. Pool and pool bar along with Mario very enjoyable. Easy to get to the old town of Sorrento and the ferries to Capri.

We loved our stay here and want to come back!
    • Comfort Double Room

We loved our stay here and want to come back! The staff was so friendly and answered so many of our questions. I was able to arrange transportation through the hotel to some of our day trips and they were very accommodating and provided great information. The room was beautiful and we woke up every morning to the birds chirping. Breakfast was also great. Loved the coffee and pastries. I can't say enough good things. Also great walking distance to downtown Sorrento.

Spectacular location, very friendly staff, hotel with character
    • Double or Twin Room

Hotel is in very good shape but a little bit dated and not coherently designed. Adds to the character - some may like this more some less. No gym.

Very nice place, hotel with character, valet parking, large room.

Our stay was comfortable and we were happy to be there.
    • Comfort Double Room

Shower in the bath tub. It is not very convenient to stand in bath tub and have shower.

The central location, nice garden and swimming pool, best breakfast...

Magic stay in Sorrento
    • Double or Twin Room

The rooms were very generous and light with balconies on both walls. The garden and pool area was relaxing and staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was amazing, Location so close to everything.

Hotel Antiche Mura will NOT disappoint! Fabulous!
    • Double or Twin Room

There is absolultely NOTHING I did not like about Hotel Antiche Mura!

This hotel was extraordinary! The staff was fabulous and the breakfast room was magnificent! The grounds are absolutely beautiful with plenty of places to enjoy the outdoors. Having a balcony for afternoon relaxation was wonderful, and the location to town was ideal. I cannot say enough about Hotel Antiche Mura! Highly recommend!

Hotel location is perfect and grounds and rooms lovely.
    • Double or Twin Room

Hotel location is perfect and grounds and rooms lovely. Staff efficient and friendly. My third stay at the Antiche Mura and will definitely stay again.

Perfect hotel!

No complaints whatsoever.

Superb quality of everything, including the room, amenities, and particularly breakfast. I had some glitches in check-in (they forgot to return my passport), and minibar was not plugged in, but the staff were very helpful to solve those issues right away.

Loved the hotel and would highly recommend it. Centrally located and a tremendously help staff.

The weather, but can't control that "0)

Our concierge was extremely helpful even translated cold medicine for my daughter who started to feel bad after our arrival. We couldn't make breakfast due to an early tour and we had a breakfast picnic waiting for us as we headed out on our journey. Their (Stefano and others) were spot on with their restaurant suggestions. Everything was in walking distance, so the location was fantastic. The grounds were gorgeous and breakfast choices superb!

The staff is very friendly and they are looking always for...
    • Comfort Double Room

The staff is very friendly and they are looking always for your best comfort. The location is great, you are at a walking distance from the main points in Sorrento, including access to other localities. The accommodation is very clean and comfortable. Going back to This area in Italy we will definitely book again in this hotel.

Great hotel!
    • Double or Twin Room

Great hotel! The decor in the room was a bit eccentric (well just the plaid bed cover), but everything else was super cute. The bed is soft and mushy, so beware if you prefer a firm bed. The room was HUGE. There was a bathtub and a BIG shower. I was worried about noise, because our room was right next to the breakfast room and the door to outside, but I heard nothing until 8am, so we slept very well. The breakfast was great! They even have bubbly for making mimosas. I’d have preferred some potatoes or the British beans, but “When in...Sorrento...” The location is perfect! Close to everything, but set above the old mills, so it feels out of the way. Staff was delightful. I’ll definitely be back.

Wonderful hotel in the center of Sorrento
    • Double or Twin Room

We had a wonderful room which was very spacious and attractive. The hotel was very close to the center of time so we were able to walk everywhere. Near the ocean and near shopping.

Prepare to be charmed.
    • Double or Twin Room

Not anything. We do not want it to change even in the smallest detail.

From check-in with super trainee Antonio, to breakfasts with the Godfather (Mario), greetings from reception staff, wonderful beds, and beautiful cleaning staff, this hotel was perfect. Location, scenic views from our window, panoramic vistas from the rooftop bar, secluded outdoor pool, to the bright happy lobby, we liked everything. Breakfasts are truly remarkable. Price for the area was very fair. Sorrento makes a wonderful hub for Amalfi, Herculanium and Pompey, and Capris. The busses and trains make everything easy, and the hotel is so close to transportation. Great reasonably priced restaurants near by in the old towne section. It was off-season when we visited and the Christmas decorations around town were beautiful, especially the creches and the park and street lighting. Lots of disney characters too!

We were really well received at this hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

Just some noise in the wall hall of my room from really noisy clients. The only time I could not deal anymore (late at night) I called to the reception. Many thanks for the quick answer of the hotel stuff :) Besides that we don't have nothing bad to say about our stay in Antiche Mura.

We were really well received at this hotel. Reception people were always amazing and always free to help us and answer our questions. The hotel is in the best location possible in Sorrento right in the city center (that also means that you can not expect a great view of the sea but the view for the garden was quite good). The breakfast was quite good just didn't love the diversity of bread but all the rest was good (would had been nice also to catch more than once mozzarella cheese....we got the first morning and it was delicious).

Very enjoyable and comfortable with high level of service
    • Double or Twin Room

Biggest and only failing was no reading lights at the beds.Really not acceptable in a hotel of that standard.

Superb location.Staff went out of their way to help with advice.Above average friendly.Smiling faces everywhere.Parked car for you.Spacious lounge ,very comfortable.

Amazing!
    • Suite (5 Adults)

No washing machine to cater for families with young kids.

The hotel was in a fantastic location, right in the middle of town. Staff were so friendly and helpful. We stayed in a suite with our 3 young kids and they configured the room to suit our needs - 1 king bed, 2 singles & a cot Loved the turn down service at night - the kids loved the little chocolate left on their pillows

Enjoyable
    • Junior Suite (4 Adults)

Everything about the hotel was wonderful: the location, the room which was spacious, airy and extremely clean, the staff and the breakfast. In other words - perfect.

Content!

Nothing I can think of!

This is a quality hotel, with great facilities, and very polite & extremely helpful staff in all key areas. The historic aspect backing onto the ravine has great significance, and hotel is so conveniently located for the heartbeat of Sorrento, Piazza Tasso. This is a tranquil place for guests that prefer privacy and relaxation.

Overall our stay was a happy one.
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults)

The seating around the pool could be improved

The lovely room and balcony. The absence of an evening dining room.suited us as we like to eat out in different restaurants .

The food is mediocre but there are lots of places you can go...
    • Double or Twin Room

When I booked excursions through the hotel, no detail was given about where to meet--I had to pry that information out of them and they didn't give me enough information about what I would do on the day of the excursion. I was ill-prepared I felt. Thankfully I had googled other people's experiences when they did excursions but it would have been nice to have been told. For example, they didn't inform me for the full day excursion to Rome that breakfast was included. If I had known, I wouldn't have gone to breakfast and then rushed--I would have just gone straight to the meeting point. They also didn't tell me that we were stopping for dinner on the way back (though it wasn't included in the price that they gave me so then I had to pay an extra 18 euros--I didn't want to be the only one not eating--though it was a good deal for that price.) The food wasn't very good but whatever. It was pretty cheap so I wouldn't complain too much about that. I would just hound them at the desk until they tell you everything that you need because they're not very forthcoming with information. Otherwise, they were nice and helpful. Getting a car to and from the airport and staying an extra night was not a problem either.

The food is mediocre but there are lots of places you can go if you want to eat better stuff. If not, it's passable.

Fabulous would definitely go back.
    • Comfort Double Room

Lovely location, peaceful, friendly staff, delicious breakfasts, pool was nice and quiet it was a little haven from the hustle and bustle of the busy Amalfi coast.

Loved everything about this hotel. Will definitely stay here again if I ever come back to Sorrento
    • Double or Twin Room

That my stay wasn't long enough

Staff was very friendly and helpful from the minute we walked in. Bed and pillows were comfortable. Breakfast was amazing. Hotel lobby smelt so nice.

Beautiful hotel, centrally located

Bright, clean, nicely decorated beautiful tile floors in room, spacious lobby. Pool is very nice, set amidst lemon trees. Excellent location just off Piazzo Tasso, central point for town of Sorrento, but very quiet. Very nice place to stay in Sorrento. Staff friendly enough, rooms very clean, beds comfortable.

An average hotel in a great location.
    • Double or Twin Room

I don't understand all the positive reviews.This wasn't a 4 star hotel in my opinion. The location was great but the room was small with a view over the car park, the cup in the bathroon was plastic and the wrapping paper was left on the toilet roll in the bathroom which was tiny. The breakfast was very basic and on one morning the fruit salad was off. Despite asking for a quiet room we were put next to a lift and cleaning cupboard. The room overlooked the parking lot and another building which was so close people could look into our room, we had to have the curtains closed all the time we were there. The room was very small and bathroom was tiny.The pool is indeed pretty with lovely lemon trees and was so welcome on hot days but it shuts at 6pm which is a shame when you come back from an excursion and feel hot and bothered and as a swimmer is shallow and feels small especially when filled with children with inflatables. It felt a bit cliquey with a lot of returning guests. Very disappointed.

The poolbar staff were lovely as were most of the staff. We liked the location and late check out. The hotel let us use the pool after checkout which was great on our last day in Italy.The bed was comfy.

This is a beautifully furnished hotel in an excellent...
    • Double or Twin Room

This is a beautifully furnished hotel in an excellent location right on top of Piazza Tasso the main square. The hotel reception staff were excellent, providing great restaurant and activity recommendations. Sorrento is a dream location and I will definitely return to the Antiche Mura Hotel for my return visit.

Excellent Location! Would definitely Stay Again

dated decor, uncomfortable beds

EXCELLENT location 2 mins from central square on piazza tasso, nice breakfast included, nice pool area, but small, friendly and helpful staff, clean

nice and would stay again if like this time the hilton sorrento was booked hilton #1
    • Double or Twin Room

the room we were in was extremely small if it was not for the balcony we could not have fit our suitcases but no problem as my husband just put his outside and perfect weather the views are not of anything but the building next door but that should not bother you as you are in a great location to a great town sorrento and what else do you need we booked last minute so cant complain as i am sure they had bigger rooms very pretty hotel

very friendly staff great spot walk to everything comfortable hotel clean enough nice pool area for kids good drinks and snacks

Lux Hotel in Sorrento
    • Quadruple Room

Fabulous Hotel, but we really did not make use of it much since we were out touring all the time. (Amalfi, Capri...). Still if you plan to chill a day or so in the hotel, this would be a good place. It is centrally located, less than 5 mins from the station and situated on a cliff. It does have great lemon grove views.

The staff, professional, courteous and extremely helpful.

The staff, professional, courteous and extremely helpful. The cleanliness and impressive overall state of the hotel. Comfort of the rooms, and the attention to detail of the staff to make your stay most pleasurable.

Simply FABULOUS!!!
    • Double or Twin Room

Wonderful breakfast buffet!! Truly a 5 star hotel in every way! Beautiful antique decor. Friendly staff. Comfortable plush bed. Everything was perfect there. The gardens so lovely too. Loved being over the historic caverns!?

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Lovely City Center Hotel with the Flavor of Sorrento
    • Comfort Double Room

The staff was warm and inviting. The grounds the rooms and everything about it was lovely. We enjoyed the proximity of the location as well. Very convenient for walking around

A piece of heaven

no fault at all

I wouldn't stay anywhere else, second time here and returning soon. Staff professional, efficient. No fault at all outstanding hotel well done and grazie

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Beautiful hotel, right near Piazza Tasso
    • Comfort Double Room

Breakfast could have included more choices for people who need gluten-free or lactose-free foods.

Room was beautifully appointed (it was an upgrade from the one reserved) and had a beautiful view.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Wonderful Stay in Sorrento

We loved Sorrento! The location of the hotel was wonderful -- we walked everywhere in town. It was also a great central location for our day trips to Pompeii, Amalfi Coast, and Capri. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They provided suggestions and made dinner reservations for us upon request. The hotel breakfast buffet was impressive -- eggs, meats, cheeses, pastries, yogurt, cereal, fruit and more -- even the makings for mimosas. I would definitely recommend Sorrento and the Hotel Antiche Mura!

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Absolutely perfect!

This hotel is absolutely perfect! From the location, the staff, the spacious room, beautiful grounds, to the abundant breakfast buffet every morning - everything was magical. Our 16 year old daughter felt very fancy! Our room was behind the main building in a grove of lemon trees by the pool - paradise! The hotel is a short, easy walk to everything in Sorrento - including the train station and harbor. Sorrento is a great place to stay for day trips in southern Italy. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and highly recommend this property!

Location is sufficiently away from Piazzo Tasso as to be...
    • Double or Twin Room

Location is sufficiently away from Piazzo Tasso as to be quiet, while still offering a 5 minute walk to the overlook over the Bay of Naples. This hotel was a real value for its level of comfort, cleanliness, location, and staff who were exceedingly helpful. I would recommend it without reservation.

Just perfect!

We loved absolutely everything in this hotel! Very friendly and helpful reception and other staff. Beautiful rooms, with everything you need, nice terrace and very good breakfast. Private parking onsite was very convinient, location of the hotel is just perfect - in the very center of the Sorrento, at the same time very quiet.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Great Location and Hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Room was a bit small but not a problem.

Breakfast was good and plentiful. Loved the small garden area built around the ancient walls ( thus the name Antiche Mura). The staff was great. Location is one of the best.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Great location for a stay in Sorrento
    • Double or Twin Room

The ceiling and walls are rather thin. You can hear the showers running and hair dryers.

Breakfast was excellent as was the location and the staff. The staff was phenomenal.

The location was wonderful.

The location was wonderful. The hotel was beautiful, pool area tucked away with orange and lemon trees, and fabulous breakfast buffet. Staff was very polite, and first class. We traveled with our small dog, so our room had its own private outdoor area with table and chairs to relax, and grass area. --near the pool. Just loved everything about it.

One street away from the sea with a very long promenade.
    • Double or Twin Room

Nothing really, was a night stop.

One street away from the sea with a very long promenade. Very British! Did thoroughly enjoy my promenade. Staff very friendly, room dated but worth the money we paid.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

A beautiful garden setting for breakfast.
    • Double or Twin Room

The coffee at breakfast can be cold. They serve each table a small coffee can that can be cooler than many like. But if it isn't warm enough, you just have to ask. Better, ask for a specialty coffee and they will make it straight away. The pool looks inviting but closes at 6 pm, so I didn't get to enjoy it.

I loved the hotel. I felt pampered. I would stay again. I had breakfast outside looking at the wonderful garden.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Wonderful stay
    • Double or Twin Room

Extra charges for baby crib (never paid that before at any other hotel) and additional charges for using hotel parking garage.

Excellent breakfast, great service and very central location in Sorrento.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Lovely time in Antiche Mura

I

The staff to be specific Mario is very friendly and helpful. Since we booked two rooms for our family he has arranged a connecting room in the garden. The hotel garden is full of orange and lemon trees and their flowers smell nicely though the pool too cold to swim in. Their bath room amenities are so nice as well. Mario also gave good tips on place to eat after a week of pasta we want something else for a change.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Best Hotel in Sorrento😊
    • Double or Twin Room

There's absolutely nothing we didn't like since everything was so perfect!!!!

Absolutely everything was perfect!!!!! The hotel location, spotless, breakfast selection and most important the front desk staff!!! They were all amazing. But in particular front desk Estefano was so amazing. He even arranged 2 day trips around the Amalfi Coast for our group of seven. Truly incredible service!!!!

Great service. Beautiful hotel

I don't like hotel's blanket. but room temperature was fine so i don't really need it

Great service. Hotel is as beautiful as photo. Best breakfast compared to other hotel in italy. We just ask question about our taxi company which is not relate to hotel at all. But reception understand our concern offer us to comfirm our taxi company for us without any request. I consider that great service that i don't find anywhere else in italy.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Picture perfect hotel
    • Quadruple Room

The staff were extremely helpful and attentive - perhaps due to the time of year (low tourist season) but still fabulous. Breakfast was amazing and something the kids looked forward to each morning! The dining room and grounds are postcard worthy.

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

Excelent staff! Wonderful breakfast and service. Sparkling clean room ! Beaautiful grounds.
    • Double or Twin Room

The maid was very nice and friendly. Did an excellent job in cleaning room. In fact everyone there did a wonderful job. Breakfast offered many choices and coffee was HOT. This was our second stay within 3 yrs. Hope to return as soon as possible.

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

Beautiful hotel and gardens!

Everything! Wonderful staff at reception, breakfast room and bar! Very clean and a perfect location in Sorrento! Breakfast was outstanding! We would definitely stay here again!

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Wonderful hotel
    • Comfort Double Room

That we had to leave and go home! Seriously, no complaints whatsoever - loved it.

Fabulous location. yards from main square. Staff amazing - helpful, kind, patient. Great breakfast. Gorgeous room. Can't recommend highly enough.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Wow, this is a hotel you will remember
    • Suite (5 Adults)

Very friendly staff. I especially remember our breakfast and the receptionist personal. Very professional and remember your last day to maximise your experience. They also had welcoming bottle of wine in the room for us.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

A lovely stay at the Antiche Mura
    • Comfort Double Room

Would have been even better if the pool was heated, but it was October!

It was a great position, very easy to get to the centre of town. The breakfast was wonderful! They also gave us a complimentary bottle of prosecco for our silver wedding anniversary!

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Great stay, good location close to train

When we arrived at the hotel, they graciously upgraded us (without our asking) to a lovely spacious suite! The front desk staff provided great restaurant recommendations, as well as, arranged a driver for an all-day Amalfi coast drive.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Good staff and location
    • Double or Twin Room

Stayed in room 205 which was noisy. You could hear plumbing in other rooms and some kind of electric motor went off for a minute at around 7/8 am which always woke us up. There is a door onto the terrace which allows lot of noise from the street come in

Good staff and location

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Great location with all the accomodations you need!
    • Double or Twin Room

The room I stayed in did not have a view but a darling sitting area on a balcony. It wasn't on the ocean side so if your looking for a ocean front view this would be the location.

Very friendly and accommodating staff that spoke English and was able to help with anything you needed. The location was very Centrally located made it easy to experience Sorrento for all it has to offer from shopping, dining, the port for boat trips and so much more. Loved it I would come back for sure!

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Good central location
    • Quadruple Room

Very expensive for a simple hotel

Good central location

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Antiche mura experience!
    • Double or Twin Room

Very friendly and helpful staff lovely dining area and garden and really convenient location!

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

size of bedrooms ;

size of pool could be better endnote enough choice for vegetarians

size of bedrooms ;)) and facilities were good

Amazing
    • Double or Twin Room

Food and pool and room and location

Location/ friendly sraff/ great breafasrs
    • Comfort Double Room

No ironing facilities in room / value for money

Location/ friendly sraff/ great breafasrs

Really enjoyed it - very relaxing but close to all the town has to offer

No gym.

Very friendly and helpful staff, good swimming pool with both sundeck areas and shade - good breakfast. Very close to the central square.

Beautiful stay, highly recommend :D
    • Double or Twin Room

Great location, fantastic breakfast. Our room was beautiful and the bed very comfy. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly.