Reviews of Hotel Nettuno 1 stars

Via Sedile Di Porto 9, Naples Historical Centre, 80134 Naples, Italy

#124 of 158 hotels in Naples

5.7

Difficult to find at night in the taxi. Located on the 4th floor, but there is a lift. Not well marked for a night arrival. We did not have the breakfast buffet, and walked for breakfast nearby.

Good location on a side street and quiet. Easy walk to numerous restaurants. The staff was very helpful.

Being hassled for money to park outside hotel by gangsters. Checkout staff were not so great, you need to sort out your paying for breakfast at check in. We were accused of not paying for it.

The staff member that checked us in was fantastic. Very helpful & got us great parking in a safe secure place..

Wifi didnt work at all in our room 31. Only in the reception. You needed to wait longer for hot water.We paid a lot for this accomodation because another hotel canceled our reservation.There were no options for gluten free people for breakfast.

Very kind and helpful people on reception.a nice big room with balcony, good breakfast and good location

Airport shuttle

Martina was extremely hospitable and made sure I knew the best ways to see her city. She was very understanding when there was a mixup and couldn’t have done a better job.

Don’t take cards; breakfast was only adequate (but cheap); rooms a little dated; quite a lot of hawkers around for parking spaces etc. None of this was a deal-breaker though.

Really helpful staff; good central location; good value overall;

No guidance from staff of how to come to the reception and had to stop on each floor to check. Requested for a glass of water and did not get one but got an empty glass that's used in the bathroom. Piece of chocolate paper sweets left uncleaned by the TV. No wifi connection in the room. Single room is way small like a bunk bed - no value for money. For a hotel, the standard should have included few complimentary stuff like tea or water. A B&B was way better than this Hotel and larger room and bathroom which I moved to.

Night staff were way accommodating. Balcony on the 5th floor was chilling and open air but the bar is always empty and no great selection of beverages.

Wifi connection is really poor.

It's not possible to get wifi in the room (We stayed at the further room of the hotel, other rooms may have a better connection). The building is very old, howevet this is due to its location in the center of Napoli (All the buildings are almost like this in the centre of Napoli).

The breakfast was a disappointment. The morning clerk (a man) was rude. A whole extra flight of stairs to get to breakfast. Two flights of stairs before we reached the lift.

It was fairly close to the ferry to Capri

The hotel is sited in the 4rth floor of a building. The main entrance is always locked and you have always to ring the bell to open the door.

very good location, near metro station and within a walking distance from main sights and night clubs. Helpful staff. Great value for money. An inexpensive hotel that met my expectations.

For 3 nights i did not had heatting in my room! They explained to me that the price for the room was small and if i want heatting...i must take a double room and to pay more! Small single room.

Location close to metro and port

Staff were very helpful. Hotel was very clean and room was cleaned daily. Hotel is in a great location to explore the Historic part of Naples and the port area. Lots of lovely restaurants and bars nearby

The bathroom was a nightmare . Shower was broken. Water stayed at the shower's floor.There was no wifi in the room. The room was too small.

desire and rosaria-the house keeper. roof top dining room

elevator was 24 steps above ground. breakfast charged 3 euro ( supposed to be included ) small room - inconvenient . small elevator - desire - receptionist is assistant person / did her best to meet our demands . please return to me with answers. thank u - avi golan

Room and bathroom were very tiny. Internet was very slow and often not working in the room we stayed.

Location was good, breakfast ok for the cheap price, friendly staff at least the younger generation who speak English. Nice roof terrace available.

Nothing really keeping in mind that it's a traditional block of flats so one should not expect super modern facilities. Suggest that they use air freshener in bathroom as these old bathrooms all tend to smell a bit however clean they are.

Super location, near centre, ferries to Capri, near metro station, young man at reception extremely helpful, nice terrace on roof etc

There was a strong reek of cigarette smoke. Staff were not the most approachable of peoples. Couldn't find the TV remote so couldn't watch the TV. Wi-FI didn't work well.

This was a very last minute booking as we couldn't get in our original property as we arrived late due to delayed flight. The room served it's purpose of a room for the night but would not want to stay anymore than one night. In a good location near to the metro line.

On one occasion the croissants for breakfast were hard. The bed we found too hard for us but how do you know what a bed will be like anyway anywhere. Outside the hotel, in the street, there were absolutely overflowing rubbish bins for recycling (don't think they were from the Hotel though). However they were an eyesore.

Staff are lovely and our room was very clean. Quiet place in a bustling city. Ideally placed to go and look at tourist spots in Naples. Everywhere within easy reach via walking or Metro. Good value for money hotel.

wifi is a big setback, please sort it out your customers will be really thankful!

very good location. Universitas metro station is right there. walkable distance from spaccanapoli, Molo Beverello and startpoint of sightseeing buses (Castle Nuovo) staff really good and helpful. 24h reception! it's on the 4th floor but there is lift there so not a problem. there is a roof terrace open nonstop we did not have time for it, were too busy exploring this incredible unique city.

The room was smelly, that kind of smell you get when the air con unit is not well maintained. Can't be sure though, it could've been something else! The man at the reception could have been a bit more welcoming.

The location is pretty good to visit the centre of Naples; the room was clean and the bathroom looked new.

Nothing really negative to say. You get what you pay for - a basic, clean, no-frills place to lay your head

It had a 24hour desk so we were able to check in after midnight and get a few hours rest before leaving early to take the Ferry for our onwards journey

We had to pay for air conditioner 5 euro per night - that was a bit strange option and our room was not cleaned the next day, so we had to use wet towels again, but maybe it's an extra option too:) But at all - it's ok.

It's a good hotel as for one star:) Great located, breakfast for 3 euro was also nice.

• Quadruple Room

Air conditioner is not free. It was reaally strange. It costs 5 euro. The breakfast is not great but it costs only 3 euro so you get your coffee and croassant

The hotel is pretty old, but located close to the main sightseengs. They have telephone with free local calls and staff is super helpful! We had a problem with our passports and lady from reseption wad very kind to us and called from her pwn cell phone trying to solve everything

Unfortunately the lift broke on my second day. These things happen but five steep flights of stairs are quite difficult after a tiring day of sightseeing! It was a shame there was not more information about the facilities available - bar never seemed open and a lot easier to buy water from the shop on the street. My room was beginning to look a little tired (toilet seat loose, shower tray could do with a scrub) but nothing huge.

Great location - couldn't have asked for better. Everything within walking distance especially the port (for ischia and Capri) and the central station (for trains to Pompeii). I was a bit nervous arriving late at night as the road does not seem the best, but in daylight you realise you are 30seconds walk from cafes, restaurants and banks so all fine. Staff very helpful and friendly. Single room was absolutely fine; nothing fancy but comfortable and the shower room was bigger than I expected.

Breakfast elsewhere is a good idea, you have to know the system (ask at the desk and then pay 5 per night) to get the air conditioning active, and the safe didn't work.

Friendly, well-situated, near the centre and the coast, generally OK

• Quadruple Room

We should have booked two rooms instead of the one room for four, which was... not great. One big bed, two twins. The bathroom water tank ran the whole night, and the bathroom door didn't lock. General shabbiness, which was expected.

This was an econo-stay, so the price was right.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

• Quadruple Room

I wasn't comfortable with how the receptionist handled my account. I used my debit visa to hold the room and it was taken out of my account. Which is fine but then at check out they made me pay cash. I did. But she didn't reassure me that I was going to have the money returned into my bank account. She also wouldn't give me a receipt for the cash I paid for the room. She said because her manager wasn't available which I find weird. She told me she would email me the receipt of payment but she never did. I still haven't had the money returned into my bank account. I feel like they ripped me off. I didn't trust their business practice in the end. I don't think I would ever go back. I also paid for breakfast at checkout which I disputed because it said on booking that it was included with the room.

The location was good. A little shady but within reach of a lot to do. The historic area. The building is old and creepy but unique and interesting at the same time. I think I saw a ghost in my room. The rooftop for breakfast was really fascinating with all the history of the area blended together.

The Hotel is on the 4th floor and you need to walk up to the 1st floor for the lift. We knew that in advance so no reason for dissatisfaction.

The hotel is within walking distance from the port and the airport bus stop which fitted our plan. All the major sight seeing spots are also within walking distance. Whilst it is not on the main road and the appearance of the building in which the hotel is situated looked shabby and graffiti along the street, the room itself is clean and tidy. The younger man and pretty lady (not the more mature man we met upon our arrival) at the reception were friendly.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

nice hotel in a very good location in the old town, all points of interest are at short walking distance. Just 100 m from metro station, so it's very easy if you come from/ have to reach the train station which is just a few stops away. there is 24 hrs check in and the staff is useful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

• Quadruple Room

The "quadruple" room was another double with extra beds squished in, making for cramped quarters. Reception and our room were on the fourth floor and the tiny lift started from level 1 above ground, meaning we had to carry our bags up a flight of stairs and then take the lift up in shifts. No TV or tea and coffee making facilities in room. Basically, very basic. Essentially backpacker-level accommodation, with bedding and towels included.

Reasonably well placed amongst the city's highlights, with a Metro stop just downstairs for reasonably easy access to the Centraal station at Garibaldi square. Good shower. Beds were ok. Staff were friendly and helpful with decent English.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Wifi signal was not good in the room, had to sat on a chair next to the door for internet, which was not good after walking hours. I would like to plan my next day while lying down on my bed and surfing!

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Nothing, all was positive.

Hotel inside is much nice and confortable than it looks from outside :). We stay for a night and location is ideal to explore main Napoli atractions, walking time from all the visits we have plan.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

Wifi sometimes hasn't worked smooth,

Perfect location, next to the metro, port and central old part of Napoli. Also supermarket nearby and restaurants. The room was nice, cleaned every day. As well as bathrooms. Wifi sometimes didn't work correctly but it was not a huge problem. In general I really recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

• Quadruple Room

Every thing else They do not clean up the rooms No air condition No proper window in the room Wish i had payed more and stayed at a better place So so bad hotel

Close to the harbor

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

You have to pay extra money to use the air condition. Our one did not work - nevertheless they wanted to charge us the 5€. After discussing for a while, we didn't have to pay for it. For using the TV you also have to pay extra. It's a bit noisy because you can hear the airplanes flying over the hotel and the noises from the street.

The location is very good - you can walk to the harbor and to the old town. There is a metro and a bus station near-by. The rooms are simple, but clean.

Friendly people. They provided me with a though introduction to the property.

staff and location

Bed uncomfortable and water system noisy.

A little noisy but for short stay it’s fine

Staff is lovely and helpful, speaking English and french . Good value and perfect location.

L'étroitesse.

La situation.

---

Veiw from the room was not so stunning...:)

Good location and possibility of 24-hours check-in

Breakfast .....cold coffee watery hot chocolate.....we only had it once and went out the rest of our stay.....cheaper and better.

• Quadruple Room

Breakfast was ordinary, wi-fi was intermittent

Cheap, close to metro station and old town, staff were very friendly and helpful.

beautiful staffs are very kind and friendly for me. good location. lovely and clean room. Thank you for good stay.

We had to pay extra for using the a/c

Extra charge for air conditioning when there is 40 Celsius outside.

The view from the balcony and the roof chilling zone.

You can use the air condition for 5 EUR/day.

Friendly staff, clean rooms, close to the historical center.

I recommend to ask specifically on the bathroom. The internet (wifi) is fine. Good location.

Stairs

Staff

- a bit small shower cabin

- Great location, clean room, nice staff

did not walked with us to the room. Just gave the key. shame. We came in the aftenoon. The room was not ready.

nothing. had no breakfast. Happy to.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

No internet in my room

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

Location, Location, Location

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

It was mentioned that the hotel offers free parking place but they have no parking places at all ! That was disturbing !

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

• Quadruple Room

I have to pay for public parking on the street which I was not informed before.

Excellent Location for City Center Tour

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

Good range of things available for breakfast.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

Many steps.

Nice location. Clean room.

• Reviewed: 8 May 2016

The rooms are at fourth and fifth floor in an old building. The visitor is met by trash bins for separate collection of rubbish and piles of dirty laundry. We didn't see the trash containers empty. The elevator did not stop at the fifth floor. There were huge cracks in the door so one is able to see what is going outside and definitely in the room. The plaster on the walls and on the ceiling crumbled. There was a TV but not a remote control. The temperature outside was 8 C and when we asked for a heater or remote for the air conditioner they informed us the additional fee is required. The bathroom had mold, the siphon didn't absorb the water from the shower. The temperature of the water changed suddenly from icy cold to burning hot. And the last two days there were no hot water at all. The receptionists hardly understood English and were unable to answer even the simplest questions.

Excellent location near the metro station University and very close to Historic center, Castel Nuevo and other historical sites.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2016

The service was less than friendly and there was no hot water on the last day. The shower was extremely poor quality. Generally everything felt cheap and there was very little comfort

The location is pretty good, walking distance to the central sights

• Reviewed: 19 April 2016

Frankly for the price, for the location, for the roof top terrasse ... for the very typical place in the city with alive people around ... balconies, and windows ... all was perfect ! They can maybe make an effort with the food ... but for only 3 € you can't complain So close from everything, even the people in the hotel were nice and kind

The breakfast on the roof ... that was why I choose this hotel and also because of his location in the city, very central And of course, the price was very fair too

• Reviewed: 5 April 2016

I've stayed here 3 times and have had different experiences each time. Sometimes a room with a view and others barely a window. Wifi didnt work in the room and the staffs response was "non lo so".

Location is good. Price is pretty good although I remember it costing less in the past. Good for very short stays, anything more than one night, I'd probably upgrade a star or two.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2016

Тhe twin bed had a very uncomfortable mattress on which it stuck out springs and digging into the body.

Location is the best possible. Clean rooms, but on the 5th floor is dark in the room, because of the small window. The staff is friendly and the hotel fulfills the requirements to price.

• Reviewed: 2 December 2015

I didn't like the false advertising placed on the booking.com site. Our original rooms were too dark, impossible to read a book with the lighting. The new rooms we were given after much argumentation had brighter lighting and would receive Wifi in 60 min. intervals.

I didn't like it when I was told there was no WiFi in the rooms, only in the small lobby. After showing the proprietor the booking.com that said there was WiFi in all areas, he found 2 rooms that received Wifi. I was happy he finally complied and found better rooms.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2015

The bed had very hard corners - I accidentally hit them a couple of times as the room was small, got bruises on my legs.

Very nice and authentic location - close to main sights, not far from port and 2 metro stops from central train station. Very clean and safe neighborhood with nice restaurants. Helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2015

We forgot to left the key in the reception so the romm wasn't cleaned. When I asked for something to clean the bathroom they gave me a carpet.

Is very centric, staff is nice and the bethroom was quite

• Reviewed: 14 September 2015

Stairs to get to the elevator, and stairs from 4th floor (where reception is located) and room at 5th floor.

position near metro station, port and centre city. clean. very good for price.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2015

The breakfast was not very good but it was only 3 euro. The staff was not very friendly and not everyone spoke english. The bed was not really comfortable but for only a few nights it's ok.

Our room was very clean. The distance to the city centre is very short and you can walk to everything. For the price it was absolutely ok!

• Reviewed: 22 June 2015

Our room was a little dark when windows are closed and lights are switched on. The bed was on the soft side and slightly dented in the middle. Had to pay extra 5 euro per day for air conditioning.

Clean and comfortable room. Location was good, away from the main sights but very close to the metro so it was convenient. The staff we met don't speak english, but they were friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2015

the wifi connection in the room was bad, I had to go up to the common area on the 5th floor to have a good Internet connection

location is very good, there is someone on duty at the reception all the time, the entrance door of the hotel is opened by the receptionist and you have to submit the key of the room every time you leave the hotel so the place is quite safe, which is an advantage in a city like Naples

• Reviewed: 26 March 2015

Breakfast was not good at all. Need variety and more hot food like eggs (fried and boiled) or omelet. It is better to pay 3-5 Euro for a better breakfast than 2 Euro for a cup of tea.

Proximity to centre.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2016

No wifi in the room. One very small window. Building entrance in very bad condition.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2016

no wifi even though they claim that they have in all areas. room was full of dust.

only the location was good

• Reviewed: 3 January 2016

Staff didn't speak English well. Wifi didn't work at all. We were there for new year's eve, found it quite expensive...

• Reviewed: 10 October 2015

By credit card you can pay only accommodation, breakfast must be paid only by cash.

good location nice terrace

There are also 25 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Hotel Nettuno traveller photo gallery