Reviews of NH Collection Roma Giustiniano 4 stars

Via Virgilio 1 E/F/G, Vatican City - Prati, 00193 Rome, Italy

#225 of 921 hotels in Rome

Based on 2022 hotel reviews

The hotel has luxury style and comfortable beds.

You hear noise from the rooms above you such as strong steps. They should use some kind of noise reduction in room's floor.

The hotel has luxury style and comfortable beds. The breakfast options are excellent.

Nice contemporary hotel. Great location
    • Premium Double Room XL

While I enjoyed my stay I do think the hotel was short staffed this particular weekend. We waited along time in the bar area before someone came to prepare our drinks. Also one day of our stay we had to remind housekeeping to clean our rooms.

This was my first time staying at an NH brand hotel. I really enjoyed my stay. The staff was friendly. The rooms were very spacious which has not always been my experience with European hotels. I used Booking.com to make my reservation and did not selected the breakfast option but there was a decent buffet breakfast with pastries, cheeses, fruit, eggs, sausages, fresh juice, cereal, and even mimosas. The hotel is located with in walking distance to the Vatican. We also strolled across the Tiber River for a 30 minute walk to the Trevi Fountain.

Great location close to Vatican, shopping and restaurants.
    • Premium Double Room XL with extra bed (2 adults + 1 child)

Great location close to Vatican, shopping and restaurants. Staff so friendly and helpful. Breakfast incredible. Rooms spacious and clean. We all enjoyed ourselves so much we didn’t want to leave.

Very good location at walking distance of Vatican city
    • Premium Double Room XL with extra bed

We have requested an extra bed and the condition of it was very poor. Bedroom wasn’t made on the second day because we remove the “don’t disturb” tag by mid day. Not enough towels provided

Very good location at walking distance of Vatican city

I love the rooms.
    • Premium Double Room XL with extra bed (2 adults + 1 child)

Well, it's near the Sistine Chapel and St Peter's....but a bit far from Rome...but again everything can be reach by walking...

I love the rooms...it's big, the amenities are just right, and the rooms are bright, and the bed is comfy...their staffs are quite nice and helpful too.

Three nights in Rome

No complaints!

Loved the location of the hotel with walking proximity to most major attractions, restaurants and shopping! Quiet, clean and very helpful staff. Would highly recommend.

Be careful, we were charged when we booked and then paid...

Be careful, we were charged when we booked and then paid again upon check out and are still waiting a month after our trip to get our credit from when they charged us from time of booking.

If I was to travel to Rome again, I would definately stay there.
    • Premium Double Room XL

The only (really only) thing I would mention as a disadvantage is the lack of a bigger mirror in our room. The only mirror was in the bathroom and still it was showing only the upper part of a figure so we were not able to see how we looked in a whole before we left the room.

The best breakfast I have ever had. Great selection of high quality products. Sooo tasty! Personnel very, very friendly and helpful. 10 minutes away from Vatican but still rather calm location. Spacious rooms, comfortable beds, great big towels, changed every day. Coffee machine and water kettle in the room. Considering all the advantages, I highly recommend.

A few hundred yards from Vatican City was a bonus, it’s a...
    • Premium Double Room XL

A few hundred yards from Vatican City was a bonus, it’s a good 40 minute walk to the colosseum but there’s so much to see on the way, loads of intimate restaurants in the little streets..

Good location, woeful service
    • Premium Double Room XL

The first day after we arrived, my partner ordered soup from the room service menu. It arrived 30 minutes later almost cold. She didn't want to wait so ate it. She then was very sick and I had to take her to the hospital, where we spent the first 7 hours of our trip in A&E. The hotel manager said it couldn't possibly be their food and 'maybe she had something before we arrived'. She was sick for three of our 6 days. The woefully understaffed reception meant that they NEVER answered the phone so you'd have to go down to see them and wait 20 minutes. Their checkin/out system is so bad that it takes 15 minutes to check someone in. The reception staff never smiled. We found a dead insect in our bed one day and the cleaner held it up on her finger and told me (in Italian) it was an ant as if to say 'what's the big deal?' Non working plug sockets in my room that were reported on day 1 weren't fixed until 2 further reporting and on day 4 they finally worked. Hotel has no character, poorly decorated and nowhere to relax downstairs.

Location is good for visiting Rome. You are close to the Metro (underground) station and the Metro bus station. Excellent coffee shop just around the corner (Cafe Castroni), if you're a coffee lover you will love it.

Extremely helpful and friendly staff at the reception desk

You can iron your clothes only in the iron room. Facilities require renovation, though still quite comfortable.

Extremely helpful and friendly staff at the reception desk

Fabulous !
    • Premium Double Room XL

Best breakfast ever in a hotel. Very friendly staff. Super location, quietly just next to the Vatican, close to the city Center. Waking up in your bed with a view on the Vatican from your terrace hotel and the birds singing their songs. Can't get much better than that !! Thx a lot for the experience.

NICE LOCATION, HORRIBLE MANAGEMENT
    • Premium Double Room XL with extra bed

THERE WAS NOT ALOT OF SECURITY, A FAMILY WHO SPENT 6 NIGHTS THEIR HAD THEIR PURSE STOLEN FROM LOBBY AND THE STAFF WAS NOT HELPFUL THERE WAS NO SECURITY AT THAT TIME HORRIBLE. THEY STOLE THEIR PASSPORTS, CASH PHONE KEYS THESE PEOPLE HAD TO GET HELP FROM THEM EMBASSY THE HOTEL MADE THEM SLEEP IN FITNESS CENTER. HORRIBLE

LOCATION

WİSH I NEVER COME TO THIS HOTEL

Worst stay ever.

All my money,my passport and my sons passport,my phone,all my credit cards were stolen at the lobby in this hotel.We were lelt alone to deal with our problems.the manager of the hotel did not have time to contact us.

Great Hotel & Location!

I love staying at NH Hotels because they offer just what I like...Comfort and perfect locations. The NH Collection Roma Giustiniano was perfect as the bed, breakfast and WiFi were perfect. I was given the perfect room up on the seventh floor with a huge balcony with perfect views of the Vatican.

We would recommend this property to our best friends, and may use it for a conference venue!
    • Premium Double Room XL

The bed was very comfortable; the staff was freindly and welcoming; breakfast buffet was exceptionally good (especially the attentive service of the waiter ROBERTO!). We liked the convenience of the location and the relative quiet of the area.

Location and friendly staff
    • Premium Double Room XL

Bar not attended, had to chase up with reception. Bathroom in respect to shower, set up poor for older people, wonder no one has been hurt.

Location and friendly staff

It was a short stay but very pleasant.
    • Premium Double Room XL with extra bed (2 adults + 1 child)

Only one outlet in my room to charge our phones

I had a balcony with a beautiful view, buffet breakfast was delicious, they held our bags at checkout so we could sight see, our room was very large . The waiter Roberto was the best!

Great time for all 3 of us!

Black smudge on floor , lack of drawer space for 3 people

Traveling with my 14 year old granddaughters. Loved: breakfast buffet, 2 tvs, location for shopping and sightseeing, friendly, attentive staff. View from room - gorgeous church and basketball court!

The hotel was the stuff of a fairytale.

The hotel was the stuff of a fairytale. We were given a room with a balcony and a beautiful view of St Peter's Basilica. The room was spacious and extremely clean. The staff were attentive and warm while their breakfast had a wide variety to choose from. Absolutely excellent value for money I would highly recommend it to anyone looking to stay in this wonderful city.

Great apart from one person,as outlined above.
    • Premium Double Room XL

The man who met us on checking in after a long and tiring journey tried to tell us we had not paid for the hotel and had only booked for one person.This was not the case.He did the same again when we checked out and it is for that reason I would not return to this hotel.Shame because everyone else at the hotel was great.

Great location and the dining room staff were great

Fabulous stay
    • Premium Double Room XL

We had a fabulous stay - everything was amazing, from the reception staff at check in, Martina at guest relations who booked us fantastic restaurants and the amazing food at breakfast. The hotel is in a fab location - 15 minute walk from St Peters Square and only 5 minutes from a lovely restaurant and bar. We will definitely return

Bathrobe was not in room, it took two reminders at reception...

Bathrobe was not in room, it took two reminders at reception to get it. Lavatory seat was broken. Room card access system was broken for one night, so I was forced to sleep in another suite.

What a great place to stay in a great city.
    • Premium Double Room XL

The situation was fantastic. We even had a view of the Vatican from our room and it was only 10 minutes walk away. In fact, w ended up walking everywhere as we seemed to be so close to everything we wanted to see. Breakfast was excellent too.

The room is spacious and generally good.

The room is a bit worn out and old. The bed is not very comfortable. The hotel, while in the center of the modern Rome city, is located away from most of the tourists' spots. Taxis take about 20 euro so perhaps you want to keep that in mind while booking your hotel.

The room is spacious and generally good.

Had an unreal stay, was perfect

Being picky but could have had a pool/ sauna room also room service menu could have had more options

Amazing hotel as well as amazing staff. The location was perfect, in walking distance to EVERYWHERE. The rooms were spacious and had unreal views of the Vatican. Cannot wait to return to Rome, most definitely staying in this hotel! Loved it 😍

Excellent hotel and location

Very nice hotel reception very support, cooperation, smiling staff and the location perfect and you can visit all the famous places by walk. Sure I will be back again same hotel

Location was good, close to everything, easy to walk to main...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I was travelling with a friend so We asked for twin beds, they couldnt arrange it, and there was also only one blanket.

Location was good, close to everything, easy to walk to main attractions, restaurants and coffee shops near.

Bed comfortable location great and reception staff very...

We had a junior suite . No heating in the bathroom .

Bed comfortable location great and reception staff very helpful . Breakfast was fine with a sensible range . We ate out for dinner and found some good restaurants locally including just across the river .

Great stay
    • Premium Double Room XL

Great breakfast. Excellent location - slightly off the beaten path (read: quiet & away from all the crowds) but still close enough to all the sights.

Not NH quality that I was expecting
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Legionella like smell in the room thats probably coming from unhygienic aircon.Wornout facilities, need some renovation.Doesnt worth the money paid.

Comfy bed.

The bedroom is wide and the bed is very comfortable I like...

The bedroom is wide and the bed is very comfortable I like the breakfast with deferent choices and testing very delicious, the staff are very helpful with smiles,the location is wonderful near to the Vatican museum and shipping streets

Great ..will be back when in Europe again
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Great upgrade Vatican room 7th floor..all good No rewards points reflected ...hope there is no issue as similar to many US hotel groups which I need to chase up after big o/s visits from Australia

All great ,1st at an nh-Great cust service Martina C ,great with check-in , friendliness , provided great bus touring , restuarant recommendations , and now going nh in Florence , Bologna and Venice.

Very good breakfast, good location, very nice lobby and...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The room was quite worn out, especially furniture and some walls; it also smelled not very fresh.

Very good breakfast, good location, very nice lobby and breakfast / bar area, big room

Breakfast was really good and the restaurant was also very...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was really good and the restaurant was also very good - staff were very helpful and we got a free upgrade to a junior suite. I travel a lot and this was a very good 4-star hotel in a great location and with excellent staff

Room is spacious and clean.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Gym was extremely small with inefficient facilities. I reserved airport transportation through the hotel, which never came on time. I had to wait few more minutes until the reception desk called another taxi for me. I also had to wait over 10 minutes to get my ticket print-out, when the printer in the lobby was not working.

Room is spacious and clean. The location is very convenient, it's not that far from the subway station.

Excellent location near Vatican City!
    • Junior Suite with Extra Bed

The extra 3rd bed in the room was terrible! Sofa bed was so bad it had a lump in the middle. Really bad stuff, incompatible with the standarts of the hotel.

Receiving a free room upgrade.
    • Premium Double Room XL

The room was in need of a good coat of paint, along with the sofa needing a clean.

Receiving a free room upgrade. The food at the restaurant was exceptional.

Unforgettable experience
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

There wasn’t anything that we didn’t like. The whole stay was fantastic. You can not fault the service given to us.

Very spacious room, the view from the balcony was fantastic. Ideally situated for visiting the places of interest. Staff even sent up a sweet for my wife’s birthday.

Great view and very well located to work to the main areas...
    • Suite

Was a bit noisy, 1 night the above room left the water dripping which seemed to be very noisy

Great view and very well located to work to the main areas in Rome

Most comfortable room to return to after a long day of seeing the sites of Rome

Great neighborhood. Very close to transportation and points of interest. A wonderful breakfast. Very knowledgeable and friendly staff. About a fifteen minute walk to Vatican. Ten minute walk to LaPanto Metro Stop.

Amazing breakfast!

This hotel is offering absolutely everything you need for the short stay for affordable price. Room is big and clean, soundproof windows.Quiet. Bed very comfortable. Nice Coffee- set in room etc... and the best at the end - breakfast is amazing!!

This was my second stay here in the last 6 months and I look forward to returning,
    • Family Room with Terrace

The room was spacious, comfortable, very clean and quiet. Everything worked and housekeeping and room service staff were friendly and efficient. I really like the location.

Excellent stay but too short. We will definitely return to this hotel.

Excellent location, close to Vatican and other tourist attractions - within walking distance. Close to Airport bus station. Quiet neighborhood. Very nice and clean room and bathroom. Balcony with a view to Vatican. Excellent breakfast with wide variety of dishes including detox juices, fruits, different kinds of milk (regular, lactose free, almonds milk, rice milk) and if something is not on display I am sure they can provide it on request.

Location was superb for tourists
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Nothing - a pool would have been nice to relax in after a busy day sightseeing but it did not spoil anything by not having one

Location was superb for visiting attractions. The breakfast was sensational

Very clean and comfortable room especially with a baby — pleased

No access for persons with wheels

Really clean rooms Friendly lady at front desk Location Cleaners really helpful Really comfortable bed Would return again

Not bad .. was on a very good deal through booking.com

No spa or any 4 star amenities, no slippers or robes in room, a 6 euro charge on any room service - even ice , terrible room service food quality

The hotel is great all in all, good view, nice size of junior suite, comfy bed , good tv and internet, decent breakfast

A very nice and happy stay in Rome
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The hotel is a bit far from the underground around 10 min walk which can be bothersome if your have luggage but it's a minor thing.

We were upgraded to a Junior suite by Dasy (I hope the name is correct) which was a very happy moment for us. The hotel and room is very clean. The suite was amazing with a very nice balcony. Coffee machine and complimeytry water is a plus. Area is relatively quite but close to big shopping street. Close to the Vatican. Would definitely recommend this palce

A nice hotel situated to a nice area.
    • Premium Double Room XL

The staff at the reception could be more friendly. The amenities was unsufficient.

The breakfast was rich. The room was spacious with extra facilities. The bed was big and comfortable.The room had two rooms with two large tvs.

Great location with comfortable room for a good price.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

One of the desk associates, who was there each day, was always rude and unfriendly. A smile or a kind reply goes a long way with foreign travelers. He was the only staff member I recall seeing that was bald if that helps his manager know who he was.

Location and room was excellent. Comfy bed and friendly staff for the most part.

Wonderful breakfast but rooms too basic in decoration
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Room decoration is too simple and basic. I cannot see any style or fancy details. The rooms should be upgraded in every aspects.

The room temperature and comfortable bed are satisfactory. The gym provides basic facilities but given large number of rooms, one more tread mill would be better. The breakfast is wonderful in terms of taste and variety.

dirty, beat up walls in room (mini suite), had to call for...

dirty, beat up walls in room (mini suite), had to call for housekeeping at 3 PM even with the sign out to clean the room and then they did not refresh TP supply

disappointed
    • Premium Double Room XL

i stayed in NH in Milan & Roma. Compare with Milan, the service in Roma Hotel is not helpful and friendly. Reception staffs are not really polite. Hotel room is big but little bit too simple. Location is not really close to Center. I think they have different management with Milan NH Hotel.

Location is excellent, close to Vatican and surrounding...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

A dated hotel, in need of renovation. Room didn't have a full length mirror. I have had better breakfast in other NH hotel than this one.

Location is excellent, close to Vatican and surrounding museums, but for most popular sites like Spanish Steps I had to walk a lot. Staff were helpful and courteous.

This hotel is just a place to take a shower and sleep.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Not all NH hotels are created equal. This one is impersonal. It could have been anywhere. The staff at the desk were for the most part cold. The rooms are bland, with cheap brown wooden tables and worn furniture. The lobby is huge to accommodate conventions.

The gentleman who booked a car to the port of Cittavecchio where we boarded our cruise ship was very helpful. The car arrived promptly and got us to our destination even before before the scheduled time.

Would love to go back if they can fix a couple of issues.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Elevators are at a slightly different level and u have to carry your heavy luggages to the elevators . A ramp was a a no brainier there . It's a relatively new hotel . Get one installed like today . Need mirrors outside bathrooms Need handles near the bath tub exit .

Good sized and nice rooms . Awesome location . Shopping and eating very close by . Overall a good nice place to stay .

A whirlwind visit to Rome.,
    • Premium Double Room XL

Some things missing from room maybe thought it was for only one person e.g. One towel, one bathrobe , one chocolate etc. Sorted out in the end.

The breakfast was excellent. Room very spacious. Fairly close to the Vatican.

Nicely located hotel within easy reach of the Vatican.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The room felt a little dated & the bathroom required quite a bit of updating as some of the units had finishes peeling off with the moisture & there was a small amount of mould in the corner by the bath & above the window.

We paid to upgrade to a junior suite for a special price of €80 for both of us for two nights. The room was massive with a seperate sitting area. The view of St Peter's Basillica was amazing from the room & balcony.

Excellent stay!

My husband and I came here as the last Italy stop on our honeymoon. The loocation was excellent- short walk to Vatican city and the Spanish Steps. The Colosseum & Trevi Fountain were a little further (30-45mins) but the walk was nothing if not scenic and had a bonus of lots of little cafe's on the way to stop for a beer/glass of wine and a snack! The breakfast at the hotel was AWESOME- everything from bacon and eggs to smoothies, juice blends, quinoa and cold cuts. The staff was very friendly and prompt. Overall, I would definitely stay at an NH hotel on our next trip to Europe.

a big room with nice furniture
    • Premium Double Room XL

We could enter the room only after 15:00, we asked for sleepers and they said they will send us, but they didn t. The internet was not working in apple devices. The sanitary facilities are kind of old and the faucet was almost broken. The stuff almost ignored us, when we complained about the room. All in all we felt really uncomfortable there.

a big room with nice furniture

big clean room , big comfortable bed , very good wifi , good...
    • Premium Double Room XL

they didn't gave us paper A4 for printing our check in although there was a printer , we sent it via e- mail to their e mail and they found it difficult to find it this way although finally they managed to do it . The breakfast was not as good expected and there was not anything to open a bottle in the room and when mentioned it at the reception they did't bother

big clean room , big comfortable bed , very good wifi , good surrountings , quiet . the reception personeel was ok with the exception of one or two who did't seem very willing to help or were very slow .

Just perfect!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I thought from the discription that the parking is already in the price, with it isn't! But this was just a minor cloud in the big picture!!

TThe bed was very comforting. The room was perfekt! The Breakfast was the best i ever had since travelling! In less then 10 minutes will you be standing infront of St.Peter! All the rest of tourist -rome is nearby and around the hotel are some nice cafe's and shops!

Loved it.
    • Premium Double Room XL

The limited gluten free options for lunch.

The choice of breakfast was excellent catering for various allergy sufferers. We got upgraded to a junior suite so it was lovely!! The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was very clean. The staff were very helpful.

Only stayed one night. Liked the area and its closeness to everything.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The rooms were of a very good size for Rome but the quality let them done.

The foyer and entrance to the hotel is very inviting. Unfortunately the rooms are looking a little tired and could do with a refurbishment. The position and area surrounding the hotel is very good. The front desk staff were very helpful.

Enjoyed our two days in Rome and thanks to our hotel, made it a very comfortable stay.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Everything was just perfect for our final two days of a 2- week vacation in Europe!

Great boutique hotel situated in a fantastic location right in the heart of Rome! Full breakfast that featured everything you could possibly want to start the day off!

Excellent would highly recommend.
    • Premium Double Room XL

No free still drinking water in room (other than tap water). Although first 2 days they did supply for free which was good.

Modern hotel with very classy feel. Excellent breakfast. Staff were very good. Room very spacious with good facilities. Good comfortable bed. Underground car park which is useful if you are touring. Not too far from all the action. Close to Vatican City. Well stocked mini bar!

The breakfast is absolutely amazing!

Excellence in customer service entails a willingness to assist, often going the extra mile to ensure comfort. Our hosts were unhelpful, with little eagerness to assist with small requests.

The breakfast is absolutely amazing!

A calm place to return to after the visiting all the tourist spots in the heat of August.
    • Premium Double Room XL

They upgraded us to a junior suite.

Great position close to the Vatican & getting on the hop on & off bus. Walking distance to good local restaurants.

4.0
    the Area is good but the Hotel not and I will not back next time there.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

the rooms and hotel was not clean and specially the rooms are very old and needs refurbishment. the hotel staff also was not very friendly and helpful.

Fantastic. .lovely quiet location and easy walk to centre of everything
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

There was no inventory in the room detailing how to reach Reception etc. Also no access to ironing facilities in the room. I had requested 2 single beds and got a double. As I was with my 19 year old daughter I didn't make a fuss

Didn't have food in the hotel but bar staff very courteous when needing a night cap

location was fantastic, the hotel staff were friendly but...

nothing at all

location was fantastic, the hotel staff were friendly but only there when we needed them. the hotel had all we needed and everything worked. great wifi, good in-room coffee, very necessary aircon, comfy bed

Absolutely amazing,, looking forward to be back !
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The breakfast options should be more.

The Staff are super friendly and helpful. Especially Maria on the reception. She was very kind and professional and she helped me with a problem i had and gave me a map with the recommended locations and the best ways to reach there!

Excellent location and clean rooms
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The last night we were there, we heard a couple's room was broken. Passports and lots of cash were stolen. They were newlyweds and 3rd day in Rome. Feel bad for them. The hotel should have more security measures.

Great location, 15-minutes walking to Vatican Square. The hotel itself is located on a quite street, but lots of stores and cafes are two blocks away. The room is clean. I like the modern design which gives more storage and counter space than those same-size classics-style hotel rooms. Friendly and helpful staff.

Nice modern hotel in a quieter area just across the river from the main tourist areas

Large modern hotel in a pretty good location just the other side of the river in a quieter area than the main tourist spots. A few blocks and 10 mins walk from the river and Vatican. Good street for clothes shopping around the corner. Was fine for our 2 day city break but if I was staying for longer I would probably book the other side of the river between the Piazza del Popolo and Spanish steps (although it was nice to walk back across the bridges at the end of the night). Seems like most rooms have a balcony which was good. We had a suite and the bed was massive (2 queens together) and very comfortable. The bathroom was 4 out of 5 (pretty modern but edgings and mouldings a bit tired in places). Small mini bar with drinks. Plug sockets are all Italian 3-pin, not euro 2-pin, lobby staff let me borrow an adaptor anyway. Didn't use the food services so can't comment. Not quite ultra modern but modern enough. 4 out of 5.

Wonderful experience
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff were friendly and helpful, the beds were very comfortable and the breakfasts were scrumptious with a large variety of options to choose from.

Browse NH Collection Roma Giustiniano traveller photo gallery