Reviews of NH Collection Venezia Palazzo Barocci 4 stars

Corte Dell'Albero, 3878/A, San Marco, 30124 Venice, Italy

#43 of 301 hotels in Venice

Slackness apparent in the routine cleaning of the rooms.
    • Junior Suite with Extra Bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Slackness apparent in the routine cleaning of the rooms. My wife left some cherries in the bar fridge which went missing so there are some dishonest staff around. Reception staff were welcoming however and very obliging so the first impressions were good. We stayed seven nights and noticed the inconsistencies after the first couple of days.

a 5 Star Experience
    • Family Room

Great Service from the start of the stay, rooms are very clean, we got the balcony looking over the river that was a great bonus to get. a five star experience.

Dream location: one of the most beautiful settings on...
    • Junior Suite with View

It’s a shame that the shower’s thermostat wasn’t working properly during our stay - the only “stain” on an otherwise “immaculately” wonderful stay

Dream location: one of the most beautiful settings on Venice’s unique Canal Grande, yet off the beaten track and hence relatively quiet

Everything was almost perfect.
    • Superior Room

Excellent staff, very friendly specially Lavinia, they also speak several languages fluently. The place is exactly matching the pictures. Location is very good. Rooms and hotel were very clean.

Venice exceeded all my expectations. It’s magical, like nowhere else on earth.

Nothing!!!!

Fabulous breakfast. Lots of choice. Perfect trip to Venice Great coffee. Extremely attentive and efficient staff!! Would definitely stay there again

A very nice place to stay.

Nothing not to like.

Position right on the canal,5 steps from the vaporetto wharf is excellent,very easy to find. Venice has 400 bridges,didnt want to be hauling heavy luggage over bridges and down tiny narrow streets,looking for a hotel. Room very nice,hot water great,water pressure great,bathroom quite modern,staff very cordial and helpful. Quiet neighbourhood. Quite opulent, bit out of our price range,wish we could have stayed longer.

Like a Tourist:)
    • Junior Suite with View

Crazy pigeons on breakfast in the patio. Don't leave a food on the table.

Giant superb room. Greate view on Grand channel, beauty made-to-old mirrors, huge wardrobe, delicious breakfast.

Location was quiet and away from the crowds but close enough...
    • Superior Room

I felt I was overcharged for my room. I noticed that others were getting much better rates, and when I went online to check, I saw that my room was being offered for less than I was paying. I think the hotel should adjust the price to reflect the current rate that others are receiving. Why should I be penalized because I booked earlier. Just my opinion

Location was quiet and away from the crowds but close enough to walk everywhere. Lovely breakfast and garden.........wonderful staff, comfortable beds and sheeting and good air conditioning which important after a day of walking in the sun. Really lovely hotel

Very nice.
    • Superior Room

The location of the hotel was great - right next to the San Angelo vaporetto stop. Very conveniently situated - right on the Grand Canal, but at a quieter part, away from the crowds. Also near San Marco square.

Fantastic, beautiful and fun
    • Premium Double or Twin Room

Location is excellent with the 1 Ferry as well as the AliLaguna Orange line to and from the Airport. They upgraded us to a suite at no extra cost with a view of the Grand Canal. The accommodations were fantastic, staff friendly and willing to do anything we needed. They had a free breakfast that offered just about anything you could want from 7AM till 12PM. We were close to San Marcos and it was well worth the money spend

A great position but very expensive because of it
    • Superior Room

They could have had chairs outside by the Grand Canal. The neighbouring hotel did do this. Our room had no view - not even over roof tops Didn't include breakfast.

The position

Accommodations. Location. Service. And breakfast! ALL PERFECT!
    • Superior Room

There is nothing I didn't like about our stay at NH Collection Venezia Palazzo Barocci! (However, do beware of the aggressive pigeons if you decide to sit out on the patio at breakfast time!)

Everything was perfect! This sleek, modern, luxury hotel has been superimposed on the old bones of a stately Venetian Palace. And the transformation was masterfully done. It's inviting, attractive, comfortable, and offers every amenity and conveniences you could ask for. The breakfast buffet was over the top. Absolutely, anything and everything you could possibly want--all prepared to perfection. What I liked best were the daily offerings of bite-sized "local specialties" (one example: thin sliced prosciutto, cheese, mozzarella, basil tucked into a croissant). Professional and friendly staff at the front desk were always on hand to answer questions, provide directions, and lend a hand with even the most offbeat requests. Best of all: THE LOCATION!!! It's just steps from the San Angelo vaporetto stop (be sure to purchase a multi-day Venezia Unica City pass when you arrive). From here you can travel all over Venice by water; and you'll also want to go exploring on foot (but be sure to carry a map!). Palazzo Barocci is only a 9 minute walk from Piazza San Marco. (And, remember, if you don't do a little exploring on foot, you haven't really seen Venice.)

Excellent hotel but be mindful of access to rooms
    • Superior Room

The number of steps to get to the room, elevator only partially available. Wife had bad knee which made climbing steps challenging.

Location, next to a vaporetto station Breakfast, excellent selection Helpful staff Nice room with adequate storage, glad we upgraded to get more room

Probably the best Hotel we have ever stayed in.

All staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Checking was unlike anything previously experienced, we were sat down with a cold drink, and were shown our location on a map of Venice. Questions were answered about places we wished to visit, how Water Buses worked. etc. The room was spacious and had every amenity we could possibly want. It was spotlessly clean, and was maintained to that standard. A complementary bottle of water was available, and this was replaced daily. Breakfast was superb, a wide choice of items; freshly made coffee and tea and, eggs, waffles etc. cooked to order in the kitchen if required.

Beautiful hotel, unprofessional staff (reception).

Takes forever to check inn. Even if you have a written issue by email from the hotel, they wont honore it, they have a double standard.

Beautiful terrace for breakfast

not worth the money
    • Premium Double or Twin Room with View

very small room, toilet is also very small for 500 EURO a night...... I believe it was high season. However, to tell us after charging 1500 EURO for 3 nights that this is not including breakfast is very small hearted for this small hotel. They take advantage of the high season to charge high but not to include breakfast is ??????? Staff was nice though.

it was close to the canal

Plain average toom - nothing special in spite of the billing and price.
    • Family Room

It was billed as a Palzzo but everything inside was totally modern and in no way like a Palzzo. The room was very plain with a view of a brick wall.

The staff were friendly and the breakfast good

A brilliant 2 night stay in a prime location in Venice
    • Junior Suite with View

The shower was not that powerful and the heat regulation was temperamental

Our room on the top floor with private balcony/roof terrace was absolutely amazing as it has uninterrupted views over the Grand Canal from a high vantage point

I would definitely go back there again

Breakfast is limited

Room was big and well designed anything you need they will do their best to provide it The location was amazing amazing amazing Close to everything just few minutes by walk Room was ready before arriving with a welcome letter and a box of chocolates which it was very delicious

It was our Honeymoon trip and we chose the best place to celebrate with!
    • Superior Room

The superior room was not as much as spacious, but all the other facilities were perfect!

The location was great, the hotel was very modern and clean, the staff was very polite and took care of our needs absolutely!If we were coming back to Venice, definitely we would stay at NH hotel again! Thank you guys!!!

One of our best stays in Venice (of the 16 times we have been)
    • Superior Room

Superior Room was very good but a little on the small size - even allowing for space constraints generally in Venice.

Welcoming Prosecco on arrival. Very comfortable bed. Great shower. Excellent breakfast choice (sparkling wine, panna cotta, bacon/sausage/mushrooms, cold meats, cheeses, fruit, cake - the list goes on!) plus offers to make omelette, pancake, waffle. Friendly, attentive staff - I had left an anniversary card on desk in room and returned in evening to find complimentary bottle of sparking wine, chocolates and "Happy Anniversary" message from hotel.

Breakfasts are good,especially beverages(some of them...
    • Premium Double or Twin Room

We’re expected better view and actually asked for it,but we haven’t got it.

Breakfasts are good,especially beverages(some of them complimentary). Bed was comfortable,linens are very smooth and fresh. Staff so helpful.

Best stay in Venice.
    • Family Room

The family room we got was a bit noisy - some noise for the neighbour elevator shaft.

Location is perfect. Right next to S.Angelo vaporetto station and right on the Grand Canal. Staff is incredibly helpful - especially Yana and Tanya at the restaurant. Welcome drinks (incl prosecco) and candies - very nice. Superb breakfast. Junior suite is spacious, features 2 balconies over the Grand Canal and all the amenities you could imagine. Definitely will come back.

Nice stay
    • Superior Room

The room is a bit small but it’s fine cuz we went out most of the day .

Very good location, just 2 min walk (maybe less) from the water bus station. The receptionist Gommarie is very helpful n gave us some useful info when we checked in, I couldnt find my ring on the 2nd morning n they found it in my bed when I returned in the afternoon. So lucky ! Decent Breakfast ! Highly Recommend.

The shower and bath tub were wonderful.
    • Superior Room

The mattress wasn’t as comfortable as we would have hoped. Pillows were very comfortable.

The shower and bath tub were wonderful. We were upgraded to a junior suite and that was great. Breakfast was amazing. View was great!

Location is very nice, and I really like the room with big...
    • Superior Room

Compared with the same hotel in Rome, I think Rome’s room service is better than Venice . For example, 1. I used red wine glasses, but no one changed them, so I had to clean them for the third day. 2. I wrote a note for asking that if we could get two bottles of water for all the check in persons, and we hadn’t gotten the water the day before that day, but I haven’t gotten the answer yet, so I went to the front desk for scheduling water taxi and asking water. The worker told me she will tell the room service and send it to my room, but until I checked out, I didn’t get it. I don’t know if I bothered them. I don’t want to complain something, just explain why I give this score for this hotel. Anyhow, I spent good days in this hotel.

Location is very nice, and I really like the room with big windows. I am totally satisfied with the room and other facilities.

Super relaxing stay, great friendly staff!

I had to leave?

Warm welcome at arrival!Super friendly, sincere staff, made for a special stay!Nothing is too much trouble. There is loads of room options to choose from, canal, courtyard and city views. The public waterbus stop is next to the hotel, or docking for a private water taxi.Breakfast is very good with many options.Worth including in your stay! Great daily servicing of the rooms. We had a super stay!

A hotel of very high standard in an ideal location for sights, transportation and atmosphere
    • Superior Room

We were dissappointed with our room size initially but our concerns were quickly addressed and corrected by the front of house manager.

Suberb location fronting onto the Grand Canal right by the Vaporetto and Alilaguna stop. Coudn't be more conveniently positioned. Fabulous breakfast array with almost everything you might want. Very attentive, concientious and courteous management and staff. Clean bright and modern inside a historic palace.

The location is fabulous.
    • Superior Room

Young staff but without autonomy from a hotel chain. Little rooms and heavy Doors.

The location is fabulous. At the hotel's entrance we could see the Rialto Bridge.The best transfer from airport by Alilaguna. Very modern decoration in the lobby. Historic site where Vivaldi performed.

The best hotel.
    • Superior Room

The hotel staff was spectacular in particular the Gaia from the front desk, the lady that attends the bar / restaurant the night, everyone was very friendly with us. They do everything to understand what we are talking about even making an effort to understand in our own language sometimes. The staff at the breakfast are also super friendly, they make some freshly prepared dishes. Our room was fantastic facing the canal. It has a vaporetto station in the front which greatly facilitates its locomotion in venice. All the staff congratulates. I will definitely return to Venice and stay at this hotel.

Was on the grand canal so location was perfect.
    • Premium Double or Twin Room

It’s probbaly because of Venice but would be nice to have a fitness centre / steam / Sauna. Also, breakfast starts too late

Was on the grand canal so location was perfect. The water bus station is 10 meters away.

I felt everything was bland and boring.
    • Superior Room

The room, there was no atmosphere and no good one either and no view and on top of that it was expensive for a boring experience.

The breakfast, the bed, and one member of staff who had a personality.

Amazing!
    • Premium Double or Twin Room

Beautiful hotel, with the most helpful staff, nothing was a problem to them, they went above and beyond to ensure our stay was one of the most enjoyable m.

Excellent location, comfortable and charming staff.
    • Superior Room

Extensive breakfast choices. Attentive staff. We chose to upgrade to a junior suite and were welcomed with prosecco and chocolates. Stunning views of Grand Canal. Spotless.

Excellent hotel, will surely recommend and come again!!!
    • Family Room

Heating only by Aircondition. No lobby.. no dinner at the hotel.

Everything.. the room was large and clean. The breakfasts were excellent and the stuff are really kind. Also the location and transportation to/from the hotel is very convenient.

Pricey but stylish with fabulous position
    • Superior Room

Standard double room was tastefully furnished but small , if I had paid full price I would have been disappointed .

Position - front of hotel opening onto Grand Canal with fabulous views in all directions . Warm welcome to hotel . Lovely modern bathroom . Lovely extra touch with free chocolates and quality toiletries .

PERFECT

Had to leave

Everything was perfect. The staff are friendly, lovely and so very helpful, they even gave me a free bottle of water when I checkout for the train trip. I like the way they welcome guest, they sit with you and show you all Venice attractions on the map, they put still and fizzy water flavored with fresh fruits in the reception, with some candies on a side. Room is beautiful and comfy. bathroom clean and toiletries are good (only cotton swabs not provided). Location is so great, close to the attractions, and just next the public bout platform. I looooved the coffee machine, and the chocolates with hazel on my bed everyday. I just wish there more TV show in English, or even in Italian if they are cook and craft shows "there are BBC and CNN and other news shows in English, but who want to ruined their lovely staying with bad news :)" . I also wish they don't allow pets in the hotel, as in the last two days the next room dog was barking

Great Location.
    • Premium Double or Twin Room with View

Great Location. Best hotel breakfast ever. Friendly & helpful staff. Room appeared to be recently refurbished. All shower room fittings, tiles etc. very clean

Perfect location and accommodation for a little bit of...
    • Premium Double or Twin Room with View

Perfect location and accommodation for a little bit of luxury in the magical city of Venice. From the moment the waterbus left the airport we felt we were somewhere special, travelling up the Grand Canal and dropped off at the Hotel door. Even bigger surprise to be told that you were the Special Guests and given a free upgrade to a room with a balcony view of the Rialto bridge. Location was excellent, near enough everything without being caught up in the busier parts of the city. Staff all lovely too with the receptionist recognising my wife as we waited at the waterbus stop, asking how we enjoyed our stay. Pretty much faultless accommodation, staff and weekend overall.

Convenient location for all visitor attractions, located...
    • Premium Double or Twin Room with View

I felt that the cost of the hotel was excessive for the location and the standard of the hotel however it is Venice and it is generally expensive. Prices for food were high and drinks in the hotel were also excessive in my opinion

Convenient location for all visitor attractions, located right on Grand Canal. San Angelo Water Bus stop is just outside hotel and very convenient for airport transfers. I would not have liked to walk with luggage any distance due to narrow alleyways and steps Staff very friendly and helpful.

A stately, welcoming establishment in the best possible location in Venice!
    • Superior Room

We could not have asked for a better location. The hotel is situated right on the Grand Canal and is moments away from all the major sites in Venice. Staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was fantastic! Our room was comfortable and had everything we needed for a short stay in Venice.

• Premium Double or Twin Room

the noise on the first night. However we complaint and the staff was very helpful and the noise stoped.

The fact they upgraded my room to a junior suite and the location.

Excellent location right on the Grand Canal. Hotel staff was good, not great.
    • Superior Room

The room was much small than I expected. The staff were friendly, but not exceptional. Breakfast was not included. Overall, the value wasn't in line with the cost.

Excellent location right on the Grand Canal. There is a water taxi station right in front of the hotel, which was very convenient. The hotel is walking distance from most of the major attractions in Venice.

Our first visit to Venice - sincerely hope it won't be the last
    • Superior Room

Everything! The staff were very welcoming and approachable. The room was very well equipped. The breakfast buffet had more than enough variety to suit anyone's requirements.

Absoutely perfect stay in Venice.
    • Junior Suite with View

We stayed here to celebrate my wife's birthday and it was perfect, Suite overlooked the Grand Canal offering great views, staff were friendly, knowledgeable and very happy to help. The hotel itself is perfectly positioned in the centre of Venice so everything is within walking distance. A celebratory bottle and chocolates left in the room by the hotel were a pleasant surprise for my wife and greatly appreciated. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Venice.

Water bus right in front of the hotel
    • Premium Double or Twin Room

The cleanliness is extremely lacking. Rooms not cleaned. They only change the towels, make the bed but no sweeping or mopping. A bit of a let down as I cannot fault anything else on the hotel.

Wonderful location, water bus right outside the hotel so easy to move around. The area is close to everything (Venice itself isn't big so it's easy to move around). Staff very friendly and accommodating

Venice - the accommodation find!

NIL

Offer of complimentary coffee/drink at Reception upon arrival. Quick and smooth check-in and they were very accommodating in providing our rooms early! Fantastic room with extraordinary deck that you walk upstairs to. Our friends had the most amazing room with their enormous deck on top of the building overlooking the Grand Canal. Breakfast was outside in shaded area - private, quiet and beautify. A must stay. Great location too. Loved it and will definitely stay there again.

Amazing stay would highly recommend to anyone

N/A loved everything

The staff were amazing,knowledgable and friendly. A real assit to the hotel. The hotel is in a brilliant location as well and is done to a very high specification.

Location is only two boat stops away from Rialto Bridge and...
    • Premium Double or Twin Room with View

The room with a view to the canal costed over 500 euro and has a space just enough for a double bed and a desk and a very narrow walking space around the bed. The bathroom has only a shower and is very small. Are all hotel rooms in Venice so small and so expensive? Minimum number of towels are provided so if we wanted to take an extra shower before dinner, I had to ask extra towels each time. The windows are not noise proof - get annoyed by the people talking loud in the middle of the night and the boats passing by the canal very early in the morning.

Location is only two boat stops away from Rialto Bridge and well located to get to anywhere in Venice.

Charmed by Venice

all was excellent

Superb staff, patient and friendly to first time visitors. Found a way to check into one of our rooms early to wash up after a long red eye flight. Built into a beautiful old building, our room had windows that open into a small square, worthy of a movie location. To combat the local aggressive pigeon population, a falcon and her handler stay through breakfast. We were charmed by Venice and the NH Barocci.

Great place to stay
    • Superior Room

Very well located, spotless clean, great beds and excellent breakfast. Decoration is sober and elegant and, even though is located in front of a vaporetto stop in Grand Canal, the rooms are quiet.

Not as good as advertised
    • Premium Double or Twin Room

The pillows were to flat and soft and the porter had an attitude and was not careful with our luggage because he had to help us with the luggage. This hotel does not have a restaurant on the premises.

The property was close to the drop off point for the people mover when we arrived and left which was great as we didnt have to pull the luggage a long way through the alleyways.

Excellent hotel, excellent location!
    • Junior Suite with View

The lobby was a little cold. They had a ton of couches and offered water and some snacks, so it was welcoming, but covered in black marble which was a little overwhelming. At the end of the day though, it was a luxurious experience.

The room we stayed in was fantastic! Definitely pay to get the breakfast in the morning. It was absolutely delicious and worth it. The room we were in was bright and spacious and extremely comfortable and luxurious.

Amazing experience
    • Superior Room

We liked everything in the hotel

Excellent facility with great location and what is the most important - very friendly and nice staff sensitive to your needs

Surely worth it!
    • Superior Room

Rooms were pretty small but guess its Venice! Nothing else as such was poor.

Location was great! The breakfast spread was nice and the room had a balcony facing the water. It was great.

Loved the rooms which are very modern and beautiful rooms.

Nothing at all

Loved the rooms which are very modern and beautiful rooms. Staff are exceptional. Only thing is that I wish that they had a restaurant. I would rate it as a 5*

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Contemporary hotel on the grand Canal
    • Superior Room

Rooms are lovely but on the small side...Something to consider if you are on a romantic trip in amazing Venezia. Otherwise,very nice and stylish

Contemporary hotel on the Grand Canal..with a vaporetto stop 10 meters away

2 nights on our honeymoon on our European tour
    • Junior Suite with View

Iron not provided in the room

They knew it was our honeymoon via the notes on the reservation. The front desk was pleasant helpful and attentive as soon as we got to the hotel till the day we checked out. Location was perfect as well.

I would definitely recommend if the pricing was better.
    • Premium Double or Twin Room

The room view was just roofs..... for $475 a night I would expect more. Also it was billed as a twin room however the room was not large enough to separate the beds..

The property was convenient to water taxi but not to restaurants or shops... 3 nights totaled $1422.39us which is $475 A night. I don't believe it was a good value. Breakfast was good, staff at breakfast was very good.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Convenient Location on the Grand Canal
    • Superior Double or Twin Room XL

Nothing significant comes to mind at the moment.

Palazzo Barocci was chosen because of its proximity to the Sant' Angelo Vaporetto stop, considering I had a large suitcase and its room availability at the time I was planning to be in Venice. It is literally right next to the Water Taxi Stop, overlooking the Grand Canal. Rialto Bridge, St. Mark's Square and Accademia were easily reached. The staff were quite courteous and helpful. I had engaged them months before my arrival for information on transport, places of interest etc, which was quickly shared. The room was comfortable and clean. I LOVED the shower! The bathroom contained a hair dryer, slippers and a robe in addition to the usual. And an ironing board was made available upon request. I definitely recommend this hotel for your Venetian experience.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Excellent hotel on the Grand Canal.
    • Junior Suite with View

Some noise from the canal, particularly on working days. Value for money could be better.

Very helpful staff. Great views of Grand Canal. Nice intimate area for breakfast with just enough variety of food and very good service.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Fantastic Location. Superb staff. Beautiful hotel.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room XL

Location is amazing. We arrived by speedboat. The staff are the stand out feature. So helpful and welcoming. Our room was stunning with a view of the Grand Canal. Food was also superb. Very special time away. I would definitely go back.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful.
    • Premium Double or Twin Room with View

It was a shame that the rear garden wasn't made more of a feature.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. the location was good and the rooms were a good size. I would recommend the hotel.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Premium is worth it!
    • Superior Room

Superior room was misleading- small dark and with bars on window as ground floor. Not much that was superior! We upgraded and paid the extra. What a difference!! Premium room was incredible with views over canal and balcony.

Fantastic location and views of grand canal. Upgrade to premier room a must, despite it being pricey, it's a once in a lifetime experience

5.5
    I didn't like that there were bed bugs and my husband...
    • Premium Double or Twin Room with View

I didn't like that there were bed bugs and my husband broke out itching and couldn't even get in the bed. We found 2 bugs latched to his skin, I thought it was just an allergic reaction at first until we saw them.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

Great Hotel in Venice
    • Superior Room

Better size of thw rooms

We liked the attidute of the people , who were very helpful. The fact that every evening there were apples and drink in the lobby. The fact that there is a stop of boat "1" in front of the Hotel

The hotel is next to a public boat station st.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room XL

The location is good but not the best.. it's about 15 mins walking from all the attractions and giving that venice is very difficult to navigate this can be frustrating The hotel itself is like a maze.. you might get lost looking for your room as each stairs lead to a different group of rooms

The hotel is next to a public boat station st. Angelo which is very convenient The room was large and very comfortable

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Decent hotel with modern furniture

- Room service menu is very limited, took a very long time to come, and was cold when it arrived.

- Helpful and friendly staff - Clean rooms with modern furniture - Hotel is just in front of vaporetto stop

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Breakfast was quite good.

We were given a different room upon arrival, that didn't match the description on booking, after a discussion they gave us a proper room, but there was a strong cigarette smell in it, not sure how staff could miss that. They told us that there were no other options. Only when we told the the person on the counter that we are going to another hotel they were able to find a room for us.

Breakfast was quite good.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

Great location, great breakfast
    • Superior Double or Twin Room XL

The bed was pretty uncomfortable and I could feel my husband move every time he rolled over.

Breakfast was a really nice spread, a lot of choices, and homemade pancakes, waffles, omelets were available!

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

Good choice 👍🏾
    • Superior Room

The room was smaller than anticipated! After staying in 2 hotels earlier on in the trip, we had other expectations. It was comfy though

Staff was friendly and very helpful

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

Expensive hotel at a fairytale location, with superb breakfast and cleaning issues
    • Superior Room

The cleaning staff! There is room to much improvement here... Not acceptable to find in this kind of hotel the cleaning issues I've noticed. Room was not vacuumed properly (hair around), at the check-in I found an open nuts can on the mini bar... and one day I just came to my room to find an half empty water bottle that I didn't drank!!! Someone forgot it there, coming from a different room... disgusting! The toiletries were randomly replaced, one day I had no shower gel, next day no hand cream... The cleaning staff does need training!!! I gave feedback to reception regarding this and they apologise... But at checkout they were giving feedback forms to all guests, but didn't give me one :) Very unprofessional...

Superb location and stunning breakfast. The breakfast deserves some emphasis as the quality was outstanding and the staff was relentless trying to please you! Very well impressed with the breakfast staff. The overall modern design and comfort of the hotel was great! The reception staff was too heterogeneous, as in English level and cordiality, but good overall. If you're looking for a new hotel near all the main attractions this could be a good option...

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

Great base for a Venice trip
    • Superior Room

Room was rather cramped even though we were upgraded a level. Not sure how you would cope if you had baggage for a "grand tour"! Shower did not drain properly but to be fair we forgot to report it....

Good location. Excellent breakfast. In the warmer months the courtyard garden will be an asset. Staff were extremely helpful and welcoming. Room decor was of a high standard.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Fantastic hotel & location
    • Superior Double or Twin Room XL

Breakfast area is very small & can get congested. They didn't have a table to accommodate my family of 6, had to sit separately every morning.

Words cannot describe the beauty of this hotel & it's location. The staff once again were outstanding and very helpful. I would like to thank the hotel for the upgrade, was surprised and highly appreciated. The facilities are beautiful and well kept. We were very happy with the hotel and will definitely return.

Location right by vaporetto stop Sant'Angelo.
    • Superior Room

We didn't book room with breakfast. You have to book the buffet breakfast the night before. Otherwise, you'll be charged more for walking in the breakfast room. Room was cold despite the A/C.

Location right by vaporetto stop Sant'Angelo. Ten minutes walk to La Fenice theatre. Ten to fifteen minutes walk to San Marco Very clean Wifi is free and working well

Browse NH Collection Venezia Palazzo Barocci traveller photo gallery