Reviews of The Nicolaus Hotel 4 stars

Via Cardinal A. Ciasca 9, 70124 Bari, Italy

#2 of 32 hotels in Bari

Exceeded expectations for a stop over visit.
    • Double or Twin Room

Pillows slightly too firm for my personal choice but not a big issue, slept well.

Service throughout was excellent and food was great. Did not expect it to be good as hotels usally not as good as local cuisine but hotel restaurant exceeded my expectations.

excelent
    • Double or Twin Room

you are unable to get to the city center by just walking.

Comfort room, nice free features - like spa zone, gym, bicycles, very good breakfasts with wide variaty of food.

Great business hotel.

I sent an email to ask for accommodations for 3 people. Had to find my copy - either they did not receive it or the person that did receive it did not communicate it so it was a challenge checking into the hotel.

The breakfast was elegant and beautiful. The staff at breakfast were friendly and very good!!!! The bar at the hotel was nice and the bartender helpful and friendly!

The breakfast is an great selection of items, well prepared...
    • Double or Twin Room

The breakfast is an great selection of items, well prepared and presented. We were only sorry our train did not give us more time to enjoy it. It's a really positive addition to the room.

Beautiful well appointed hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Nothing would have loved to arrived earlier in day flight delayed as l was looking forward to meal there. Visit hotel website and had menu in english

Arrived late in evening 11pm so did not get to see area but vicinity appeared nice. Pleasant staff lovely room very clean.had breakfast only 12 euros each loads of choice fresh fruits , yoghurts pastries, meats , cheeses . Best breakfast l had in European hotel worth it's money as suited all diets. Parking underground with good size spaces I

Excellent breakfast, nice pool and other facilities, perfect...

It is quite far far from the city center, but the aria is nice and safe, with some good restaurants around. A bus station is cer close. Take the bus no. 6 that will take you to the train station where the old city center is.

Excellent breakfast, nice pool and other facilities, perfect coffee. Nice view from 11th floor. The hotel offered a surprise champaigne for my birthday. Many thanks!

Loved the facilities, amazing breakfast, really relaxed after only one night.
    • Double or Twin Room

There was only 1 duvet and after our request they brought us one right away but without a case. We are a family (mother and daughter) and can’t sleep under the same duvet. Small bath robe (no large sizes).

The breakfast, Turkish bath, marble bath room, top floor, birds singing.

A good place to stay in Bari

Nothing to note, all was fine

This was a nice and comfortable stay. It is suggested to take the breakfast there, which includes a variety of food and is very delicious

Good overall
    • Double or Twin Room

The food portions are small, we tried to get 2 bikes that they say are for free, but we couldnt.

The hotel is clean, and looks good.The view is also nice.

Excellent, modern bedroom.

Everything was fine

Excellent, modern bedroom. Huge, comfortable bed (2 metres wide!). Wonderful choice for breakfast. Very helpful, friendly staff. We asked for a quiet room on a high floor with a view, and that's exactly what we got. Easy-access parking (10€ per night, but you can also park on surrounding streets). The centre of Bari doesn't have a wide choice of comfortable, modern hotels. That's why we chose the Nicolaus and we were very happy there. To get from the Nicolaus to the Piazza Mercantile in the Old Town, count on 50 minutes on foot or 15 euros by taxi or 1 euro by the regular city bus service. Bari is a really interesting city. Definitely 'the South'. Great food. Welcoming for tourists. It feels like a real city, not a purely tourist destination. If you like Marseille, Naples and Palermo, you'll love Bari!

Great hotel to stay in just outside of old Bari. 15 min taxi or a nice brisk walk.
    • Double or Twin Room

Short but sweet stay. Easy check in, great service and also easy shuttle bus back to airport. Clean rooms with lovely little touches to enjoy a stay in Bari.

Exceptional weekend at the great hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

Spa working hours could be longer

The room was with a nice view Comfy bed Room facilities and extras (light control, radio in the bathroom, minibar, complimentary water, etc) Superb breakfast - continental , fresh pastry & freshly squeezed juice, great coffee, champagne optionally :) Very accurate & professional staff

Facilities , comfort, aerea
    • Double or Twin Room

Bad communication between reservation on booking. Com and staff upon arrival. I made sure I warned the hotel about my arrival at 10 am and also through with an early check in. I got to the hotel at 10 am but the staff told me I came too early and the room was not ready yet and I had to wait until 2 pm for the check in . I told them I made sure I requested an early check in with my time of arrival but told me the hotel was full the night before and room was not ready. I had to raise a complaint with the receptionist and after I really had to insist, a room suddenly became avalaible! Is this how things work to be able to obtain a room I previously booked? They made me pay the full amount up front!!!!!! Ridiculous!! Very disappointed with how I got treated by the staff...:

Facilities , comfort, aerea

room and bathroom cleanliness and comfort in general (except...
    • Double or Twin Room

room temperature extremely uncomfortable, much too warm.

room and bathroom cleanliness and comfort in general (except for room temperature) and very good breakfast.

Almost great but can't be a party hotel and relaxing spa at the same time
    • Double or Twin Room

No black-out curtains, over crowded spa with not enough lockers and chairs available and a party in the hotel with loud music until 01:20am.

Great, friendly professional staff, covered parking, plenty food options in and around the hotel, breakfast is amazing and there is a spa available

Best option in Bari! Relaxing hotel with great staff and facilities.
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel is a bit far from the train station, but the bus stop is 100 m from the hotel.

Beautiful hotel for leisure but also business. I traveled to Bari for 5 days to get away from the cold, with my wife and my daughter (7). I have chosen this hotel for the SPA and the pool. We set the base in Bari to travel in the Puglia region. We loved to return each afternoon to the hotel after a long day of walking to relax at the pool and at the sauna (dry and wet). The room was big enough for all 3 of us, and we loved the view from the 8th floor. The room was clean and the bathroom nice with marble floors. The staff from the reception were very helpful, helping us to get a rental car, scheduling the free airport shuttle, and every other inquiry. The breakfast is very very good. A lot of variety and very good quality of the dishes. The dinner (we were forced to try it once) was good as well. There are a lot of restaurants in the area as well. I would clearly go to the same hotel in Bari.

3.0
    Terrifying
    • Double or Twin Room

An intruder broke into our room while we were asleep. The hotel did not contact the police, nor did they relocate us to another room. We had to barricade ourselves in all night for safety reasons.

Good value for money, fab food. No nonsense service, and efficient.
    • Double or Twin Room

No much at all, just an annoying waiter at breakfast, otherwise, the buffet lunch was fantastic! The food at Bari Sheraton is really excellent. The reception staff were very nice and polite.

We are Gluten free, the GF food was delivered to us after breakfast....the waiter kept clearing our table before we had finished. I guess they have to clear quickly for lunch. It was annoying.

Very pleasant overnight stay.
    • Double or Twin Room

Room not particularly big and air con centrally controlled but fine for one night.

Really helpful staff and quality fixtures of the hotel. Breakfast really nice and located in a nice area.

Exceptional stay
    • Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was exceptional. Room was very comfortable and modern. Spa is good with posobility to drink tea after sauna and relax. View from last floor is very good. Personal is kind. I like the stay very much and hope I will return there :)

Our first experience!
    • Double or Twin Room

The distance to center and the railway station is 3 km far. To the old center is more then 4 kilometers distance. The spa, there was a young guy and doesn't give you too many details, the space is small but you have all you need.

The Hotel is perfect for relax. We had support from the airport to hotel transport. You have to give an message or phone before. Everything is very clean and nice. It is more for business people but we also met couples or family.

I had great time in this hotel, I cannot complain on anything.

Nothing to complain

+ Extraordinary breakfast. + Free shuttle from/to airport. + Free whole wellness area (swimming pool, jacuzzi, gym, sauna). + Extra polite and helpful receptionists (especially the male receptionist) with good knowledge of English. + Rooms are accurately cleaned every day. + Some people complain about location but IMO it's great as it's not loud, area around the hotel is very clean and full of good restaurants which is quite rare in Bari . + Great looking hotel with great prices. + Nearby the hotel there's a kiosk where you can buy a bus ticket for 1€, line number 6 and D can take you to the bus station and to the city center, there are multiple bus stops around the hotel. + I do recommend visiting Polignano a mare and Alberobello, you can take line 6 to the bus station and from there take a train there(to Alberobello you need to go to a seperate bus station that's behind 10th platform), a 2 way ticket costs 5-10€/person.

Good with excellent service
    • Double or Twin Room

The pool area was beautiful, but the Turkish Hammam/sauna was not clean and smelled of mold. The floor was not cleaned very well. Would not recommend going in the sauna either. But the pool downstairs is nice. The outside pool next to the hotel was okay, but a little cheaply.

Very beautiful styled hotel with excellent service. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The food in the restaurant was a little bland at lunch and dinner, but the breakfast was awesome. The room was beautiful and clean

Italy, Bari and someone from you would say, naaah-No way.
    • Double or Twin Room

Italian reception desk-beautiful women but...a bit reserved to my liking.

Italy, Bari and someone from you would say, naaah-No way. Actually, exquisite cuisine you can only dream about in many 4+ star- hotels, trust me. Very clean place and a great restaurant crew. Hungry for awesome food?The Nicolaus!!! Problems getting to the hotel from the airport? Problems solved. Call the staff and they organize a shuttle in no time. That's a big plus.

Comfort at good value
    • Double or Twin Room

Staff at the bar and during breakfast was unfriendly. Asked 3 times for an espresso at breakfast and didn't get one, and the guy at the bar looked pretty overworked and was unfriendly.

Parking was available in a garage for 10 Euro a day. Room was large enough, clean and of good comfort, also with a balcony. Reception staff was very helpful and friendly.

Ultra Modern and Impressive Hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Wish there were some better dinner options within walking distance.

Ultra modern, large hotel. Very well appointed and has every convenience you would expect. Parking was right under the hotel. Room was very nice and bright with a great view. Breakfast was superb - amazing choices.

Great Staff!
    • Double or Twin Room

When we arrived, they picked up us from airport. We got a twin room with a balcony, very clean and maintained. We received complimentary SPA passes. The room had the perfect room temperature, comfortable beds, free internet access. Breakfast was excellent and rich. The staff was the biggest quality of this hotel. The staff in the reception and in the dining room definitely knew what service means. A special thanks goes to the people who took very good care of us (me and my mother): Tiziana at the reception, for being so professional, kind and helpful. Our dear waiters Vito and Annalisa, for being very hospitable, polite, responsive. Their service was impeccable. They helped us on several occasions. We highly recommend this hotel and I’ll be back soon.

Great City B&B
    • Double or Twin Room

The opening hours of the pool (4:30pm to 8:30pm) are too short! Great facilities, would be good to be able to visit them in the morning, too.

Great Jr. Suite, excellent restaurant and great service!

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Excellent Hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Nothing. It was very good. Hotel parking was a bit expensive.

Super clean room, free coffee, water and apples. Room was thoroughly cleaned everyday. Comfy bed.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

The service is very good;
    • Double or Twin Room

The room service is a little bit too expensive (10 euro of additional cost just for the service...).

The service is very good; the breakfast rich; the room was pretty clean and comfortable. WI-FI connection didn't work the first day, but fully recover in terms of efficiency the latter of my stay.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

The hotel needs fine tuning.

10th floor non-smoking but previous occupant of our suite had been smoking. Also paid for a car park on our 5 day stay and could not access the facilities on one occasion and dealt with very rudely by a staff member. The hotel needs a better system with their car parking.

Friendly staff member at check-in.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

A very comfortable and convenient place to stay in Bari.
    • Double or Twin Room

A welcoming reception staff, moving effortlessly into speaking English to us. Good information for local restaurants etc. On site parking (E10.50 per day) was most welcome and convenient. Very good quality breakfast. Even got to try the cactus fruit - delicious!

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

Excellent service.
    • Double or Twin Room

I thought the location was closer to Bari airport, but that was my miscalculation of the distance. It was about 20 mins in a taxi at a set fare of 25 euros. You could book a shuttle but the earliest departure was 8:30 which was too late for our flight.

The staff were excellent, friendly and extremely helpful. Nothing was too much trouble from giving room information to helping with online airline checkin.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Marvellous
    • Double or Twin Room

The food at the restaurant for dinner was excellent, as was breakfast. The pool, jacuzzi and sauna were clean and a wonderful way to relax after a long drive. Staff were friendly and informative. The secure underground parking was great.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

Glad to have chosen The Nicolaus!

There was a dirty towel left in the bedside table drawer. Not nice! The hotel is far from the city center and not very walkable, but OK because taxis were always available..

Alessandra at the front desk is amazing! At the last minute, our previously arranged tour of Bari was cancelled by the Operator. Alessandra went out of her way to call around to find someone (who speaks English) to take us around the City. She went over and above and we really appreciate it. The front desk staff is the best.. The room & breakfast were excellent as well.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

Luxurious and worth a return trip!
    • Family Junior Suite

The pool facility was really nice. The breakfast was amazing! The staff worked hard to keep everything spotless! All requests were immediately dealt with (an extra bed, passes for the pool, bikes etc). I would recommend it to anyone going to the Bari area.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

A nice modern hotel on the outskirts of Bari, handy for the...
    • Family Junior Suite

We would have give the hotel higher score for facilities, but unfortunately none of the facilities were available to us during our stay due to maintenance. Considering we booked the hotel less than 24 hours before our stay, we would have expected them to advise us of the facilities being out of use or not advertise them on the website whilst they were unavailable. The sauna and hot tub were the two things we booked the hotel for, but sadly they weren't available. We were given free passes to an outdoor pool on the other side of the road, but it was cold. Also, there was no coffee maker in our room although it was featured on the photos.

A nice modern hotel on the outskirts of Bari, handy for the airport. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. Luckily we found parking on the street right next to the hotel which cost us only 3 Euros so we didn't have to pay the hotel parking charge of 10.50 Euros.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

Nice stay
    • Family Junior Suite

No complaints, just a bit far from downtown, consider that when deciding

Nice room with a great view. We only spent one night arriving late but the place is worth coming back.

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

Perfect hotel perfect service
    • Double or Twin Room

The housekeeping not realize that a xtra roll of toilet paper is essential for good comfort. House keeping removed a pigeon nest on the terras of my room. They where breading on the eggs 1 afther the Other 4 7 days until was removed! Those confused pigeons came 2 look 4 there egs several times....

Perfect business hotel with excellent facilities
    • Double or Twin Room

Cleanliness, facilities, staff and fantastic restaurant.

Standard Italian hotel with very lovely staff in hotel restaurant
    • Double or Twin Room

Less parking lot in the hotel

Very polite and helpful staff

Excellent location for stop over before returning home.
    • Double or Twin Room

Staff in restaurant need to smile. Different service for Italians.

LOCATION FOR AIRPORT - breakfast excellent - excellent rooms - welcoming reception

Very clean & modern

The food at the Bar

Very clean & modern

Highly recommend this hotel however to travel to tourist attractions need to get a cab.

away from tourist attractions

friendly polite staff. excellent customer service

Absolutely recommended.
    • Double or Twin Room

Excellent stay. Wonderful hotel. Breakfast was delicious.

The staff and the management, the accommodation ,the BF.
    • Double or Twin Room

Low phonic isolation, the location

The staff and the management, the accommodation ,the BF. Little details that they care about.

Good and clean business hotel.

Outside of the center.

Good and clean business hotel. Breakfast is just perfect.

Everything was perfect!
    • Double or Twin Room

Everything was perfect!, breakfast was delicious🎉

Location is great!

Location is great!

Pleasant
    • Double or Twin Room

Could not adjust the A/C.

Staff were execellenr and friendly from Paolo the barman to...

Staff were execellenr and friendly from Paolo the barman to all the front desk - went out of their way to help us.

relaxing stay in comfy environment

most friendly staff in Southern Italy, quick problem solving reaction which is sometimes more important than absence of any problems

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Good for the value

It was good location for mee. Seems good deal for the value, it was a spacious, clean and well arranged room

This hotel was perfect and I will try to book it again on my...
    • Comfort Single Room

This hotel was perfect and I will try to book it again on my next trip.

Nice decor, great location.

Going home

Nice decor, great location.

nice stay in.

Breakfast,internet,facilities,staff.

Clean.

Clean.nice spa.great breaksfast

Amazing breakfast, lovely room, high standards.
    • Comfort Single Room

Amazing breakfast, lovely room, high standards.

Leisure stay , great location and friendly front desk and all.
    • Comfort Single Room

Efficiency of the front desk, shuttle pick up from Bari airport,location to city centre with taxi 10 mins

Good value short stay, not too far from airport.
    • Double or Twin Room

Leaking tap, small bathroom, poor lighting.

Great fresh food, attentive service.

Great stay, great value, friendly staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

Air conditioning as in most European hotels could have been a bit better.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Italian holidays 💖
    • Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was so tasty, the restaurant at ground floor, the pool infront of hotel, very clean any where. Free shuttle to the airport.

Great hotel to relax
    • Double or Twin Room

Excelent service, every thing runs smoothly, the location was quite calm and had several good restaurants near by I strongly recommend.

brief and clean. best hotel option for airport access.

Wifi connection was poor in our room. 1107

Help from Paulo the bartender with drinks and restaurant options nearby.

Comfortable stay

It was a little over 1 hour to walk to the centre of Bari

The breakfast was great, a lot of variety and everything was fresh

Breakfast need to be improved.
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast need to be improved. The fruits were not fresh!

Beautiful Modern Hotel

Nothing bad.

Super modern beautiful hotel. Absolutely loved it.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

Fantastic hotel, super quality bed, breakfast, service and parking
    • Double or Twin Room

Super bed, excellent breakfast, on site parking and easy to find, with large letter 'N' on outside for our late arrival in Bari

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

10/10

NA

10/10

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Prefered location.
    • Family Junior Suite

Could have been closer to the center. However taxi is not expensive

Best breakfast and best services

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

Good value
    • Comfort Single Room

Facilities, cleanliness, variety of breakfast items, free airport shuttle if booked in advance

Checkout took 30 min!
    • Double or Twin Room

Checkout took 30 min! two staff answering queries and tel calls while dealing with me.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

very good

very good

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Excellent all round

No complaints

Very good room, food very nice, everybody so helpful.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Best in Bari

Restaurant meals were excellent, the breakfast was amazing value.

Browse The Nicolaus Hotel traveller photo gallery