Reviews of Hotel Nizza 3 stars

#828 of 921 hotels in Rome

6.1

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Nice stay

Room was very very very small. Don’t know if I got this room due to last minute booking or for some other reason. I saw other rooms on my floor and they were quite big with enough space to stow luggage and not to jump over each other while trying to pass. Furniture is outdated and damaged (probably due to misbehaving of other guests), not exactly the newest hotel but overall experience was ok. Kettle was not provided-had to ask for it and got it the next day. Iron is available at the reception if you need it. TV was not working, had to call the maintenance. Bathroom was small,towels are provided

Location was amazing, 15mins walking to Colosseo and Piazza Venezia and 5 min from Termini - easy access to Fiumicino Airport. Staff was very nice, polite and helpful and spoke excellent English. Breakfast was very nice, variety of pastries, also ham, cheese and scrambled eggs were offered, fair selection of jams... for an Italian breakfast and what’s offered in other hotels, this one is 5*. We did early checkout around 6am, they offered us some coffee and bagels at the lounge.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Breakfeast is pointless absolutely nothing good to eat. The entire hotel does not have big beds only twin beds made to look as they are big ones which is a rip off.

First of all: I didn’t receive a room at Hotel Nizza, I was...

First of all: I didn’t receive a room at Hotel Nizza, I was put in a room at Operahouse B&B. One of the important facts, when I booked the hotel, was that it was close to Termini station due to heavy luggage. I was put in a room at Operahouse B&B that doubled the distance. The room (and also the hall) had a bad smell and the promised wifi was not working (except for a short time on the evening when I used a wifi not mentioned in the hotel documentation). When I arrive to the hotel I told the receptionist that I choosed their hotel based mainly on the distance to the train station, but was even though put in a not so good room further away. Operahouse is a Bed & Breakfast without its own breakfast utility; instead you have to walk to Hotel Nizza to have breakfast in the morning. My opinion is that this is a scam!

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Located next to termini station.

Free breakfast was cold coffee and a rather nice croissant but nothing else.

Located next to termini station. Several nice restaurants near. Easy to walk to many landmarks.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Amazing roma

Need refurbishment since most of the items such as bed n closet are too old...

Hotel is just 6 mins from the roma termini station. Nearby to halal restaurant...

We were a little disappointed,last 2 nights in Europe,bed was hard

Small room bathroom in need of upgrade, breakfast terrible no fruit limited choice no eggs to instructions not for the remote in the room

Location guys on front desks wi fi

I did not have time to eat breakfast due to my early morning...

I have booked a double room and I got a single room. The connection of the Wifi was really weak.

I did not have time to eat breakfast due to my early morning flight. It was offered at 5am some coffee and croissant. Really bad coffee but the croissant was very good.

We really enjoyed our one night stay here.

We liked it all but the breakfast was full of carbs! Difficult for a diabetic and rather unhealthy unfortunately. It would have been great to have some fresh fruit like other places we have stayed and healthier foods etc except for solely chocolate croissants, tarts, toast and donuts. A bit too much sweet for breakfast

We really enjoyed our one night stay here. The reception staff were very friendly and we had everything we needed. Great location and very close to the train station. Loved the kettle in the room and the fridge was very handy

cheap and close to termini

really bad room. the door looked like someone tried to break in in the past. on top of that, the door was so damaged that i couldn't lock it.

cheap and close to termini

Location suited our needs and we had rest that we needed.

Staff were polite but not forthcoming with tips and suggestions. At check out they were busy doing other things while we had to rush to catch the train.

It was clean and comfortable, very close to Roma Termini station - handy for catching up a train.

A nice budget friendly stay

Hotel is quite old fashioned and Breakfast could definitely be improved.

After reading some bad reviews on here, I was anxious about my stay but I was pleasantly surprised. Room was generous size, clean, plenty of hot water for showers, good aircon and good WiFi connection. I stayed on the 1st floor so not sure if connection gets bad higher up? All staff I encountered were very friendly. Good location, 2 min walk to Termini station. As a solo traveler, I felt safe here.

Ok for a short stay

Bedroom was tiny. Only 1 curtain on the window in room 115. Ground floor right beside reception, so it was very noisy even during the night I could hear people talking and was woken up by this.

Good location and clean room. Shower was good and powerful. 2 minutes walk to Termini metro.

Near the central station

The room was not clean. The mattress had a terrible stain. The bathroom door could not be opened fully. The breakfast was dispointing. The dishes were not very clean.

Near the central station

It did provide a shelter.

The beds, though, were made of extra firm cheap foam. They were very hard and uncomfortable. Were were so tired, that we did not seem to mind at first, but we were turning around all the time, as it was rather painful. I asked to change the mattresses, if possible, they said yes with a friendly big smile; nothing was to be done. We returned to the hotel that night and the same mattress were there. The cleaner told us that morning that there were no different beds that the foam ones. We were so tired that we just slept on it... and we turned around all night to avoid pain. We have been all over Italy, sometimes in a budget, but even in a cheap hotels, the mattresses were always quite good. I would not stay there again, sadly. Only for the the mattress. DO NOT FORGET TO TAKE INSECT REPELLENT! Tiger Mosquitos can eat you alive!

It is ok ish. Great location if you need to be close of the train station. It is clean. I guess you get what you pay, as the price is quite convinient for Rome. People were friendly, and the hotel was clean, with good location. Breakfast was extremely simple but put you in a good position to start the day. Coffee was good. It is all you need to start to explore the city again.

When in Rome.. not here.

Hands down the worst Roman hotel ever. Staff were unable or disinterested in helping clients .. no sorry .. seemed to be the standard phrase. On asking for a wifi code told to sit in the lobby area and bounce off the signal of the restaurant opposite. Obviously not convenient. The room was dire. Bed was 2 singles pushed together so very uncomfortable and lumpy. The furnishings and furniture were old and knackered and the bedside lights didn't work. On the first night there was no hot water for a shower and the shower didn't drain (for 2 hours) on telling staff the hot water was fixed on the last say and told the slow drainage was a common Rome thing. The breakfast was so NOT worth the money. A self service escapade with do it yourself coffee machines and watered down juice. The 'variety' of food was limited to cheese and ham slices toast yogurt and tired looking fruit. Go to a bar and get a decent coffee and brioche.

The location.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Great location!

Bathroom didn’t work and flooded every time you took a shower.

Great location! Right next to Termini station which made it really convenient to travel.

Location good. Accommodation needs to be condemned.

Bathroom was dated & worn out The shower head was broken, the toilet & bath was dirty looking. The lighting in the room was poor & the air conditioning rattled all night long. Breakfast room was daggy & flies about. Actual breakfast food was limited & stale looking. Wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.

The bed was comfortable

hotel with a very good location

there is no service !!! but if you came to Rome and you just need to rest and spend the night - this hotel is for you! do not wait for more)))

geolocation

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

The location is great for the fact that it’s a 5 minute walk...

The location is great for the fact that it’s a 5 minute walk from Termini main train and metro station. Finding the hotel was easy, and using public transportation amazing. I was a single female traveler and felt safe there. It was a 20 minute walk or more to most main attractions which was fine for me, but that’s where the metro comes in handy. Breakfast was limited, but decent with a variety of croissants and nice coffee and juices. I would book there again. The staff were great and always very helpful.

rooms on the ground floor are very bad!

disgusting work of staff, there is no service, nothing. Politely rude, occasionally some complain about a small salary. then what is written in the booking is all lies, there is no free internet in the hotel. if you're lucky, you can catch a street network. very long time did not do repairs. in the room there was no kettle, on the windows there was a grille.

excellent location! it is very convenient to get from the airport, and arrive at the airport. All excursions, all attractions in walking distance.

The location is the only good about this property.

No wifi although it’s mentioned in the hotel booking of it’s availability. Old furniture, uncomfortable beds,toilet bathtub was blocked,broken window that might fall while opening. Breakfast was soooo basic. Worst experience ever, will never recommend to anyone. even for 20 € a night. Will never stay there again.

The location is the only good about this property.

Near the Termini station

There was not hot water after sometime in the evening, as if the residents that had returned earlier in the evening had used it all.

Near the Termini station

Comfy beds, large room, Clean and large bathroom, AC is...

The door locking has some problem. You need a trick to unlock it.

Comfy beds, large room, Clean and large bathroom, AC is working, Staffs are kind and helpful.

Decent for one or two nights stay.

We stayed for a week and recommend others to stay only a night or two. The room was all in all ok, but the interior (especially bathroom) needs an update asap. Here are the cons: - The room was LOUD. Noices from the street and from hotel corridor could be heard clearly so bring a pair of earplugs with you. - The bed was horrible. Although great sizewise it was lumpy and partly broken (our backs hurt like hell) - The electrical sockets looked unfinished and we were unsure if they were totally safe to use... - Bathroom was gross. Not properly cleaned and the shower didn't work properly. Didn't get cold water (it was +30 celcius every day so a nice cold shower was essential) - Got no remote control for TV. Asked for it from the front desk - never received it. - AC was not controlled by thermostat, there were 1-3 switches (3 being cold af, 2 just warmness)

The location was superb, metro and services right nearby. The air conditioning in the room was working. Also, the staff was friendly and helpful. That's about it for pros.

The room and breakfast was really bad. Nothing to eat in the morning. My advice do not stay here

I do not like all. The room and breakfast was really bad. Nothing to eat actually you pay for nothing. I do not know how they got 3 starts rate at Booking. My advice for everyone do not stay at this hotel.

I just like the guy in the reception

Disappointing - Not a 3-Star in UK

We ordered a double bed but were given two singles. The TV didn’t work throughout the whole week. The fridge didn’t work throughout the whole week. The staff failed to fix any of the problems we reported. A one star rating would have been more accurate. The shower was poor. The lighting was poor due to the room having only a single window, and that had frosted glass.

I didn’t suggest a grade of 4.6. That would be generous. The staff were polite and pleasant. The proprietor must take the blame for the lack of investment.

Stay here for budget but go out for breakfast.

As noted by others this is an older hotel that's a bit rundown from it's glory days but that said, it was very clean. The breakfast was pathetic: an automatic coffee machine offered several options (but good flavor wasn't an option). Pastries and cornetti were stale & dried out, as was a tray of ham and cheeses.

Front desk staff were all incredibly polite, pleasant, and accommodating. The a.c. worked well (really hot outside so that was a lifesaver.) The location is in a decent neighborhood so there were bars and restaurant choices easily nearby.

Location is good

They took 150 euro from my card and were claiming that “nothing was actually taken”...After that, i had to pay the full amount again...Terrible in every way.

Location is good

Great location - couple of minutes walk from Termini railway station

Great location. 3 minutes walk from Termini railway station. We came before check-in time and we received the room immediately, better than we paid for. The staff was really friendly and meeting our needs.

Only location was good - close to the termini.

The room was dirty, when we came , we found out someone’s hairs in the bathroom, bad was horrible as well - we had “one big bad” what in fact was just the construction of 2 different small pieces which were separating all night long. Breakfasts are the worst I’ve ever seen - you will not find something more but croissants and not delicious coffee from automat. We had problems with TV , called to receptionist and he came with angry face only after 3 call and didn’t fix anything , only the next day another receptionist tried to fix. So , I will never advise anyone to stay there. That’s not even 3 star rated hotel

Only location was good - close to the termini. Nothing more

The stuff and the breakfast. I didn’t expect much but on our last day we had a rather unpleasant situation and hotel stuff haven’t done much, if anything, to make it better. In the hotel the breakfast is served from 7:30 up to 10:30, but last day apparently everything broke during or before the breakfast, so around 8:20 there was no coffee, no juice or nothing left except some pastries. We went upstairs to Front desk to ask were is the closest coffee shop because there’s nothing downstairs. Th stuff didn’t believed us when we said that there’s not much prepared and that they out of even a coffee. The Receptionist was constantly saying that everything is ok and that the breakfast is served as usual. The stuff called someone and talked in Italian and said that everything will be ready in 2 minutes, but none said that they’re sorry. When we were checking out we asked the same Receptionist about the situation and he was still saying that none of that happened. I really regret not taking the pictures during “ breakfast”, but didn’t thought that they will act like that. None said that they’re sorry, none said that they really were not prepared. So little advice from someone who works in hotel herself- sometimes the simple things like saying “we’re sorry” is all customer needs.

Best thing about this hotel (that makes me stay here...

A/C temperature couldn't be controlled by us - we tried setting it to a low temperature as it was very hot, but it didn't seem to work.

Best thing about this hotel (that makes me stay here everytime I visit Rome) is the location - just across Termini and central in Rome - close to all the main attractions.

Location great - needs to work on cleanness of the room

There was an old towel (from the guest before) in the corner of the bathtub. Furthermore in the corner of the room was an old plastic bottle. Overall cleanness of the room was not to my satisfaction. Also for the WiFi you have to use your Facebook or Google+ account to login.

The location of the Hotel is great - its only a few walking minutes away from Termini station.

It is very close to Termini station and quite easy to find.

It's quite cold at night even in June. The room was much smaller than being shown in the website. No slippers supplied. It's not so clean. I could hear what people spoke outside. The breakfast was bad. Just for one night.

It is very close to Termini station and quite easy to find. There are many restaurants to enjoy cheap foods around the hotel. The front desk man was nice. Wifi is rather fast and I can enjoy some movies.

Acceptable

Rooms acceptably comfortable for age of building - attention to detail could be better - e.g. room had a kettle but only one tea bag, TV didn't work as the cleaner had left it unplugged plus an aerial cable had been dislodged. Figured out a fixed myself.

Accommodation acceptable for the advertised standard. Included breakfast had good coffee, juice plus sweet rolls(e.g. croissants etc.), toast plus ham and cheese. Close to the station restaurants.

Good location, too many restaurants around and close to...

Good location, too many restaurants around and close to metro, trains and buses station The room was very clean Was nice breakfast as well Plus very friendly staff and helpful

Definitely not 3 star, but a good sleep close to the station.

Breakfast is not worth getting out of bed for. No tea at all. I couldn't eat the croissant. Rude staff. Unappealing environment. The door was very difficult to open with the key...... I eventually had to ask for assistance.... Water leaked all over the floor when I had a shower. The water drained very, very slowly.... I was standing in ankle deep water.... Not nice. The room and bathroom both need upgrading...... Nothing looked very well done.

The bed was comfortable. There was a bath. The room was large. The reception staff were very pleasant.

Quite a disappointment and disconnect between promised and actual offering. Great location.

Strong disconnect between hotel offer description on the Booking.com website and actual offering on location. After making reservation of a room in Nizza hotel, in its advertised location, the offered room turned out to be in different location, two blocks away. The substitute location offered no reception or breakfast availability – to have a breakfast or to agree anything with reception you need to walk to the main building. Even worse, the substitute location offered neither working air conditioning nor internet, which have been the determinant component of the hotel choice. Despite submitted complaints and assurance that both misfunctions will be fixed – no such corrections have been done. Only after repetitive complaints the hotel offered t get back to the main building room, finally offering features as per the reservations. In general, quite a disappointment and disconnect between promised and actual offering.

worm and cozy stay

ground floor rooms is a little small with ni window view, but it was great staying any way

the staff are amazing and helpful, location is great and in the city center

Modern

Absolutely NO CONTROL of the A/C... it’s thermostat was OUTSIDE the window and it was so hot we barely slept at all. NEVER staying there again.

Modern

Nice location, friendly staff , not the best bed

Bed very uncomfortable .

Nice breakfast pastries , friendly staff. good location to reach the city center and the major attractions. Next to main train station.

Perfect for what we wanted

Breakfast wasn't great, the bar was practically non existent .. The city tax people need to be made aware before they book that's it an extra €4 per person a day

Staff were very friendly overall cleanliness was very good , excellent location

The whole place felt grubby. Not a place to stay when on holiday or anything else.

Bathroom had mouldy grout and a useless shower cubicle. The bedroom was very small, not good value for money. The breakfast was very basic, the thinnest slices of cheese and meat I have ever come across.

desk staff were polite and helpful

I was forced to stay-no refund, facilities provided were very outdated and no air conditioning.

Everything. If you take shower, the water leaked all the way to the room. No phone in the room. No air conditioner, I was asked to open the windows to let fresh air in. If windows were open then there was a lot of traffic noise. One of the receptionist was very rude. When asked about air conditioners one said it never worked, another said they do not turn it on. So when I asked for refund-I was refused. A place I will never recommend to any one.

Absolutely Nothing

Location was perfect for exploring Rome and just a short...

First of all, this hotel looks nothing like the pictures so please do not be fooled. The rooms are extremely basic! During my stay both my shower and sink leaked. Fixed the sink ourselves and the shower leaked so bad the whole bedroom was filled with water. Consulted reception who’s response was ‘ah I see the problem, were full so nothing we can do’ then leave the room not even offering something to clear the water. Asked for room transfer the next morning but they would not allow it. The beds were comfortable however I began to notice red bites all over my body. Not sure weather this was related to the room but they’ve mostly cleared now I’ve left! TV in the room didn’t work! Would have been nice for some background noise when getting ready. Rooms are definitely not sound proof as you here ever word from outside in the streets or from other rooms/corridor! Breakfast was interesting, definitely would not have paid for it as it is extremely limiting. Went first few days then decided not to bother! For the same price or slightly more I’d say there are probably alternative hotels. Definitely would not rate this hotel 3 stars.

Location was perfect for exploring Rome and just a short walk away from the main train station, so did not have you drag luggage miles to get to and from the airport

Staff is very friendly and helpful, the rooms are very...
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

Room was located outside the main hotel building, two streets away. This is fine, but it would have been good to be aware of it at the time of the booking. I had to call the hotel and ask for the wifi password.

Staff is very friendly and helpful, the rooms are very modern and comfortable, the hotel is located close to both Termini station and not far from the tourist attractions in the inner city. The wifi is reliable.

Except for location, nothing was worth, breakfast was hardly...
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

Except for location, nothing was worth, breakfast was hardly anything not even eggs !!! room was too old and dingy internet was not connecting and it was over priced, definitely not worth the money !

Average hotel just to stay shortly, sleep and go.

Pictures on booking.com present higher standard rooms, but reality is that rooms look quite old to be refreshed not stylish at all. Matrece in my room should be replaced definitely.

Location. Hygenic bathroom. Nice and helpful personnel.

Staff assistance very good.

As with so much in Rome, anything broken doesn't get fixed. Bathroom... no plug for bath or basin, toilet lid held on by one bolt, wall fixtures broken/missing, shower mixer missing it's cover. Breakfast was a farce. Breakfast "lounge" was sterile and uninviting. Coffee undrinkable, orange "juice" about a 20% mixture which tasted terrible, breakfast bakery items not fresh (without doubt the poorest brekky in five weeks of travel. Bedroom shutters in poor condition and dirty Street and district outside dirty, cars parked over footpath. Noisy during the night and, though it would not be a permanent thing, a group of highschool student guests partying and crashing till midnight one night didn't help. Glad to move on.

Staff assistance very good. Bed was clean and comfortable. High ceilings gave great sense of space. Bedroom itself was pleasant. Great downstairs diner just around the corner, (sorry, forgotten the name, Europa or similar)

Location excellent, breakfast & room disappointing. OK for City break when plan to be out all day

Room - no door on the shower, No toilet roll holder, street noise was very loud even on top floor with windows shut. Room was tatty. Breakfast - was very disappointing - hot food (just eggs and sausage) ran out very quickly and just weren't replenished, even though we did ask several times. No sauces available - tomato or brown. No salt & pepper. No small spoons for yogurt. Only one choice of bread for toast. Toppings for toast that aren't sweet would have been nice - Marmite for example. The ham was very, very low quality. All the pastries were sweet and there was nothing available for people like me that don't want sugary foods for breakfast. Juices in the vending machine were watery. No fruit available either.

The man on reception when we checked in was very friendly and helpful and allowed us to swap rooms immediately as the one we were initially offered (just by Reception) was far too noisy. WiFi was very good Location was excellent Free City map was excellent - we used it to get everywhere we needed to go.

Good value for money and near the Termini station

They forgot to prepare/couldn’t find my breakfast that I had asked to prepare for my early departure to another city, which was a bit annoying, as I was in a rush and had no time to grab something else before lunch. The luggage room is not locked, although they have CCTV there. The toilets are a bit dirty.

The location is fantastic, it’s just 3 minutes away from the metro station and 5 minutes away from Termini station. Beds are very comfortable, there is an elevator in the hotel, which helps a lot. The staff is very friendly.

Good but not great
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

So, that air con. The hotel may have it, I daresay it probably does, but it was SWITCHED OFF for the whole of my stay. The guy at the desk said that there is a city law that bans aircon between mid April and mid May. That may be true, I’m not sure - some other British tourists I spoke to had aircon in their hotel. Here’s the point though - as many people probably do, I specifically ticked aircon in the search filters, and selected this hotel in part because it had aircon. Rome may not be at its hottest in Spring, but it’s still mid to high teens at night and uncomfortable for sleeping. For the hotel to be sold as having aircon, when there would be none during the stay, is misrepresentation. If the ban story is true, there should be a clear warning pop up on booking.com when placing a booking during that period. I shall be taking this up separately with booking.com. Then there was the breakfast issue. When I checked in on the first day, I was told breakfast starts at 7.00am. Sensible time, given that various people would, like me, want to go see the historical sites, and given that it’s easier to do that if you start early. Basic breakfast, one type cheese, one type ham, toast and two cereals. It was only as I was finishing breakfast on the second day that I found out that they do cooked breakfast ..... but that it doesn’t pop out till 8.00am. Very odd. When I queried this with the cook, he said “we need time to prepare”, and that anyway breakfast didn’t start till 7.30am. On the last day, there were various other early risers grumbling about the lack of cooked breakfast. I was left to wonder why the two workers didn’t start earlier. Seriously, Nizza, for the sake of an hour or two extra minimum wage, please consider having all of breakfast available at the start of breakfast time. Finally, the iron saga.

Okay, so, there are gripes ahead. I’ll do the good parts first, though. First thing to say, though, is that this hotel is a reasonable budget option. It is literally a few minutes walk from Termini (which is what you want when you first turn up on the train from the airport). The staff on the desk are nice enough. The rooms are clean (the decor is tired, but only to the same extent as many mid price European hotels). When I searched for hotels very near Termini with air con, this was the second cheapest 3* option. So all good so far.

Good location, moderately clean rooms.

In a bussy location so there is a continu ous disturbing sound from the neighbourhood all the time. Poor breakfast.

Good location, moderately clean rooms.

The place is very nice.

The draperies where very dusty at the top. The sheet was clean but stained. All things considered, we only showered and slept in the room.

The place is very nice. There seems to be a lot of deferred maintenance. The bed was surprisingly comfortable, the water pressure was good. I will be staying there again in August.

Not recommended
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

Not clean , sleeping on the floor is better than sleeping on the bed , the breakfast is very limited, the bathroom is very small, the noise , the pics in booking don't reflect the actual, I think it is 1 star hotel , in general I don't recommend it ,

Only the location

Slightly above average budget hotel.

The hotel needs renovation, I didn't like the rusty sinks in the bathroom, makes the place feel dirty even it is cleaned. We totlly skipped the breakfast as vegans but you might survive on some pastry and bad coffee (There are good espresso bars around the location). The price on Booking doesn't include the city tax €4 p.person p.night but still not bad for a budget hotel.

Location is great you can walk Collesseum and ride the metro for Vatican City. The room was ok size for a budget hotel, with high ceiling and high windows. The staff is very helpful and kind.

My son and I stayed here for one night.

My son and I stayed here for one night. They gave us Room 120 which is to the left of reception. For the 77 euro per night we were not expecting much, but I must say the room was disgusting and in a state of disrepair and begged to be cleaned, No hot water in the basin, and the shower was moderate. Bed was hard. On the plus side the room was big and set up to accomodate 2 single beds which is why management gave us this room. They were generous in allowing us to store luggage for us as we arrived earlier and that of my son. This hotel is close to the terminal, and if renovated has so much potential.

Honest accommodation in great location at a fair price. Don’t expect more than the price suggests.
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

Room was not actually at hotel, it was another location. At 11pm after traveling I did not expect this surprise. Had it been 2pm in the afternoon, no issue, but late at night I did not appreciate the extra hassle.

Room was clean.

Too small, untidy; needs renovation. We skipped breakfast despite we pay for it. All breakfastprepackaged food in an unappealing room to have it.

Clean

very good location and friendly staff

The hotel frankly deceives visitors. And when I made a booking - I expected completely different accommodation. Rooms of the hotel are in terrible condition and do not correspond at all to what was shown in the photo: 1. A сompletely different interior room (older bed then in the photo, different style of the walls, etc.) 2. A very bad condition of the bathroom (broken door handle and the toilet cover, dirty water taps) 3. Insufficient number of sockets (there is no free) 4. Cracks on the walls 5. Glued fire detector 6. The absolute absence of sound insulation (I heard everything from the street and from other rooms) 7. Bad breakfast

very good location and friendly staff

A decent place to spend a night or two

Luggage storage didn't seem at all secure, although we didn't have any problems. Breakfasts could have been slightly more interesting, and decor was quite tired.

Check-in staff were friendly, breakfast was included and sufficient. Rooms were comfortable and clean. Very close to the station, easy to find, and within walking distance to the Coliseum and other tourist sights. On balance, a very good choice.

Would not stay here again.

Had to change room as the room we got put into on the first night looked nothing like what we booked. The continental breakfast was rubbish. AC only works from May onwards. They were only helpful after we complained through Booking.com.

The location.

Good value for money if you are not staying for 2 weeks & if scratches on the furniture wont ruin it
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

- It would be nice to be notified in advance that the city tax (€4 per night) is to be paid in cash only - i never really carry cash on me and since i was checking out early, i finalized my payments the night before and this is when i found out i needed cash. Thanks god i had time till morning to go get it. - the furniture in the room was kind of worn. - the room was way smaller than on the photo (as I came for 2 nights only i decided to remain zen,not start this issue and instead use this time to clean up and go see what the city has to offer). - the air was cold in the room. Playing with AC did not help. It was warm under the blanket though. (Did not address the staff with that as was tired and ready to pass out).

The staff was veeery friendly, helpful and nice! In short, advantages: - good breakfast (yogurt, coffee, juice drink/water,cereal&milk, cheese, ham) with fresh pastry (witnessed delivdry in the morning). Saves you time, effort to find a breakfast place and money! - hot water in the shower, no issues there at all, good strong waterflow). - towels and bed changed, although i stayed only 2 nights. - strong wifi signal - LOCATION! Its literally around the corner from Termini, train & metro station. Walking distance from the places to see.

Very average clean hotel, should be 2* in a great location

Continental breakfast was the poorest I’ve had in 30 years of holidays abroad, dry bread, cheap tasting cereals and poor quality ham and cheese. Coffee and pastries just average. Rooms were a little run down, window seals poor and and noise came through. Plug fitting loose, shower vent cover fell off! Tvs didn’t work until reception did something to them. Stairs to room cracked making them a hazard. I asked the receptionist to book me a taxi to the airport and he said he couldn’t get one and suggested I walked up the road with our four bags and 2 children...not helpful when you’ve been sat around for 30 minutes waiting to leave after already asking if I could get a Taxi later!

Great location, 20-30 minutes walk from all major locations and close the the bus / Underground station. Cleaned daily.

In my next Rome trip I would spend more money to stay in a more comfortable hotel

Contra - first we got a room with a double bed,although we said before to get to separate bed,the changed the room immediately,but unfortunately the other room was terrible isolated so there was no difference if you leave the window open or not. The next day,with sleeping with oropax,we changed the room and got the same room with the double bed. We separated by ourselve the beds and asked the service team to get to separate duvet cover. It would be great when the hotel guest get a room,where the guests don’t have to make changes by them selve. - the breakfast is very bad,you get in the country of coffee a terrible coffee,the bread is just a toast bread,cheese options are just one sort,no tomatos no olives,the only positive thing was to get some flour food,if it’s available.

Pro: - The location is perfect next to termini - you can reach easy the most important places by feet - you can leave your luggage after check out in the hotel,if your flight is at later time

The staff were very helpful and friendly and the location is...

Our room no.474 was nothing like in the photos it was small dark and had different furnishings and curtains, very sub standard comforts for the price we paid.

The staff were very helpful and friendly and the location is excellent literally a 2 min walk from Rome train station and all airport transfer coaches.

Prime location, good value, clean, recommended.

Breakfast is not the best we've had, but we did not come to Rome for a hotel breakfast...

Excellent place, what more could you wish for - good price, top location, clean, quiet. Well, it is old and the furniture is chopped here and there, but you could see its former glory, it is very charming. Marble and real wood almost everywhere, large beds, warm, well sized rooms, top restaurants at 2 min walk.

Good stay

While taking shower, water gets all over the floor.

The staff are extremely helpful and friendly. The hotel is near the Termini station which is great!

Stay clear

Where shall I start? Open the sink faucet and water splashes all the way up to your neck,walls,floor.Hotel that probably hasn’t been touched since the year of construction. The worst part was the bed and all the little beasts that lived in it.Tossed,turned and scratched all night.

2 minutes away from Termini Station

Central , friendly staff a great budget choice

bathroom was quite shabby , traffic outside could be noisy at times but its what you would expect in the centre of Rome

The breakfast was pretty chaotic but ample, The staff very helpful and responsive to any queries and acted quickly to rectify any issues. A really good budget hotel in a good location next to central railway and bus station and metro. bed was ok , hotel was a bit tired but for the price , very good.

GREAT room, POOR breakfast

The breakfast was good but it was the same everyday. We had fresh croissants, bread, ham, cheese, yogurt. They could've given some fresh fruits or maybe vegetable. On our last day there were too many people at breakfast and we waited about 30mins for bread, ham and cheese. The first 3 days we had prosciutto which was great, but then they changed it with some other ham which was kinda bad. We didnt like the coffee too. We expected Italian espresso but all we got was Nescaffe. It was a little bit noisy due to a poor insulation.

The staff was very polite, they gave us a free map and told us where to go. They were very helpful. The location is GREAT-just 10mins walk to the Colloseum, about 1km and 20 mins to Fontana Di Trevi. A lot of nice restaurants in the area. The room was BEAUTIFUL- big, and had the best energy :) the housekeeper was cleaning our room daily. We had new clean towels everyday.

Friendly and comfortable place to stay in a convenient location

Would have liked yoghurt for breakfast and more whole meal or multigrain bread, not just pastries.

Great location for public transport and major attractions. Very friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast was basic but at least I did not have to go out searching so esarly. HGelped with computer problems and suggestions where to eat well and economically. Recommended it to friends who are staying there in May.

Excellent value for money, in a very convenient location - we'll be back!

All of the receptionists were unfailingly friendly, courteous & very helpful. Our room (perhaps because we had booked, well in advance, for 9 nights} was larger than we expected & very comfortable. Cleaning was faultless.

Brilliant, great hotel for a stay in central Rome.

Good value for money. Next door to Rome's main train station, cocktail bars and good resteraunts nearby. Location good for getting to metro quickly and short walks to central Rome.

the position is great, the best. The hotel was old but still nice and the bed was comfortable.

the breakfast left a lot to be desired. the juice was hot and off one day and the pastries were stale. there was an alright selection.

the location was perfect, right near the train station and metro, so easy to get around. the staff on the front counter were a great help with information about and what to see. the restaurants were close by and very good.

Browse Hotel Nizza traveller photo gallery