Reviews of Hotel Novecento 3 stars

Via Roma 37, 56126 Pisa, Italy

#15 of 49 hotels in Pisa

Good location, clean, welcoming.

We had a room at front so experienced some occasional traffic noise, but not overwhelming.

Very well located a few minutes from the Leaning Tower and an easy walk - about 15 minutes - from the railway station. Very friendly welcome from owner upon arrival. Good size room, clean and very comfortable bed. Nice continental breakfast, really good coffee. Nice quiet garden. A number of trattorias and other places to eat within a few minutes walk, and main centre of town only about 10 minutes walk away. Recommend it.

It is in the perfect place — two short blocks from the...

I have nothing negative. It’s not big and fancy like an Intercontinental, but thats not what I look for in Pisa. Location to train, to Leaning Tower and Cathedral, and shopping.

It is in the perfect place — two short blocks from the leaning tower, two short blocks from the Arno River and the shopping promenade, and a five minute walk to the train station Pisa San Rossore. I have stayed here twice, each for three nights. I can’t say enough about Isidore, the owner.

The Hotel is very well located, 500m from the Miracles area...

The Hotel is very well located, 500m from the Miracles area with the Baptistaire, the tower.... It is boutique hotel very well maintained. It is a excellent choice of hotel to visit Pisa.

The location is very good, 200 meters from the Pisa Tower.

The air conditioner was not very powerful and the weather was extremely hot outside.

The location is very good, 200 meters from the Pisa Tower. Room was very big and bathroom big as well. Breakfast was good and the attention at the reception was great.

Great location poor overpriced breakfast

When I booked several different hotels around Tuscany for our trip, I paid for breakfast in all but one as I had seen a bad review for that hotel's breakfast. Unfortunately, I forgot that this was the hotel that I had read about. Thinking that I had paid for it in this hotel, we sat down and ate from what was an extremely limited selection. Even though there were no other guests in the breakfast room, the person working there never approached us to ask for our room no. As such, it never occurred to me that we had not already paid for this. We got charged €6 each upon checking out. As the selection was poor, we only ate €1 worth of food each. Location was great, staff were friendly and hotel was clean however when compared to what other hotels provided for breakfast for the same price, there was no comparison

Equal or exceeds the many pension we have used in the past 30 years.

Nothing comes to mind

A typical continental breakfast with good selection. Family run and more than cooperative. Bathrooms in first class condition and whole decor excellent...... Not the Holiday Inn.

Sweet short stay stop.

All as it says on the tin. No complaints.

So convenient to restaurants and Tower. Lovely couple running it. Great breakfast. Great value. The owners son has a restaurant 5 mins away. Well worth going Black ravioli and a shared antipasto were delicious !Room smelt of a little too much disinfectant, but obviously very clean .

Great location, nice rooms with high ceiling, beautiful garden.

The door lock was broken

A very nice hotel in Pisa. Nice room with a high ceiling; great location, beautiful garden. Everything looks nice, authentic, with touch of style .

Amazing location just a street and few minute walk from the...

Amazing location just a street and few minute walk from the leaning tower!! Really nice restaurants nearby, clean room, quite small but big enough for one night, staff really friendly!

Elegant hotel at the perfect location

All rooms are around the reception and breakfast room so gives some occassional noise.

Beautiful small hotel at 400 m of leaning Tower. Perfect location and friendly staff. We brought bikes and they were very relaxed about parking them in the garden.

I wouldn't stay here again.

When I arrived the room was at street level facing the street, it was noisy and dark and smelled bad. I had requested a quiet room. The smell in the room did not go away despite the windows being open and the pungent oil diffuser high up on top of the wardrobe gave me a headache and did nothing to combat the bad smell. The room safe did not work, the fridge did not work. The owners stayed up until mid-night in the breakfast room next door talking loudly enough that I could not sleep and I actually had to go and ask them if they could please close the door. The ground floor has high ceilings and the noise echoed loudly throughout. The next morning, the breakfast for which I was supposed to be charged 6Euros - according to the owner's middle-aged daughter when I checked in - was double the price, and I had to pay 12Euros. The owner, a man in his late 60s then got angry with me when I insisted on reading the bill before I signed the credit card slip! I was too exhausted to argue about the breakfast charge, having only been able to get to sleep at around 1am when the street noise finally abated, and was awoken at 6am when it started up again. All of the other guests (about eight of them) at breakfast looked tired and fed up. I would definitely not recommend this hotel to; my friends, anyone with children, light sleepers, people with a heightened sense of smell, or people who expect things in their room to actually work. This hotel could be really quite nice, but it is shabby and its owners inconsiderate and apparently lazy. The most helpful member of staff was a young southern Asian man who appeared to be responsible for all of the chamber maid services, breakfast room etc. Pisa is a beautiful place, a day trip would probably suffice. I would advise anyone planning to visit to stay outside of Pisa, and get up early and do all their sight seeing in one day.

The B&B has a nice little garden, and is very close to the Torre Pendente (Leaning Tower) and the Piazza dei Miracoli.

One of the most beautiful hotels we have been in

There was some few mold in our shower. The room should have some more power plugs.

The hotel has a good location, in the center of Pisa and not far from the leaning tower. Our room was large and very beautiful, with an amazing ceiling. The staff of the hotel was really nice with us and provided us all the help we needed.

The bed seemed brand new and was very comfortable.

The bed seemed brand new and was very comfortable. The room by itself was great, with a balcony with a view on the garden of the hotel. Staff was awesome as well as the location close to the city center and the Tower.

Great location, helpful and friendly staff and feels very safe.

Although the bathroom had everything needed, the shower wasn't very powerful (for washing thick hair) and the wall curves to give extra space but doesn't meet the ceiling, so noise travels.

The staff were very friendly and extremely helpful. We only stayed for 1 night, but were able to leave our bags at the hotel the day of check out which was very helpful. Although the bags were left in the breakfast room, this is just opposite the reception desk and the door to the main hotel is opened by the receptionist for anyone coming or going, so felt safe leaving bags there. When out visiting, you leave the key to your room at reception. Great location - on a quiet street, just a short walk to the Leaning Tower of Pisa and Cathedral, restaurants within 5-10 minute walk depending on time of visit (not all stay open until late, might just be in winter). Can walk from central train station in about 15 minutes. Room - had everything we needed, including safe, fridge, wardrobe and a balcony. There's a nice garden area at the hotel which would be lovely to enjoy in the summer, although from there it did not appear that all rooms have balconies.

Comfortable hotel situated nearby to main attractions.

Needed to keep en-suite bathroom door closed due to smelly drains.

Good spot with friendly, helpful staff. Lovely garden area at the back. Spacious and well appointed room. Strange to provide a fridge but no tea or coffee making facilities.

We felt the hotel was overpriced in comparison to other hotels we have stayed at during our trip to

There was limited toiletries, the hairdryer kept over heating and the breakfast was very limited in choice.

The room was very clean and the staff were pleasant and helpful. It was very near to the main sights.

Breakfast included, and the coffee was great!

The bed in my room was fairly hard- so I woke up with a bit of a back ache.

Breakfast included, and the coffee was great! The room overlooked a beautiful garden, which was a bonus.

Good hotel!

I think at the price point, breakfast should be included.

Excellent location. Few mins from leaning tower. Bed was comfy and room nice. Staff were very friendly!!

A welcoming pied-a-terre close to the great landmarks.

No restaurant on-site: but owner has one - nice, friendly, good menu - a few minutes walk away. Main issue is not the Hotel, but the chaos that is Pisa Airport!

Welcome friendly, breakfast delicious and pleasantly served.

The hotel staff, family run I believe, were friendly and helpful and

Wifi did not work on my iPad in our room. Parking was included in the description of the hotel, I thought. On arrival, we had to pay for on street parking.

Apart from the leaning tower, Pisa did not come up to my expectations, city was a bit run down.

the price was high for what you got, you are certainly paying for the location.

The location was the best part, it also has a lift, albeit very slow. The breakfast is an extra 6 euros and was only average The owner only spoke Italian but we managed ok with my Spanish, he did try hard and was very helpful

Great location to the Main sights n restaurant

Breakfast could be better but we were the last one to arrive so there were very little left with no replenishment.

Bed was comfortable. Room was a very decent size n so was the bathroom

Full disappointment by the hotel and by booking.com

VERY disappointed by the fact that I opted for a cash payment when i arrive at the hotel, but i found my credit card already debited with an extra amount of 40 euros because there was a friend with me. I made a research on booking.com for a double room for 2 people; the outcome was a list of hotels/rooms and I chose the Novecento Hotel. The room was shown with the icon of 2 people and therefore I did not double check if it was a single room.. When arrived, I found the bad surprise. Neither booking.com nor the Hotel have been clear, honest and helpful... Unpleasant staff

good location nice internal little garden

Perfect for our family visit. Location excellent.

Midges in the garden rooms. A spray would have been helpful.

Location good. Adequate for our short stay in Pisa. Not far from the airport or railway station.

2 July nights in the heart of Pisa

No bar in the hotel.

Excellent room, very comfortable bed, good air-con. Reasonable breakfast. Helpful, friendly staff. Fantastic location a few 100m from the leaning tower. Walking distance to everything.

Breakfast was good.

The AC unit in my room was so noisy I had to turn it off in order to sleep.

Breakfast was good. The garden was lovely. The location was quiet especially during the night!

A quiet room with a balcony in the middle of the city

I followed previous travellers' advice, and I asked for a quiet room (201) in the back on the first floor. That really made my stay: I had a spacious balcony overlooking the trees in the courtyard. In the morning, the balcony was cool and shady and perfect for reading/working. The most beautiful areas of the city are all within walking distance. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Good for a short stay where location is key

Felt like it could do with a bit of modernising. No info on Wifi.

A good basic hotel, comfortable and clean. Quite expensive for what it was but probaby reflects the local market... was in a good location only ten min walk to the leaning tower and local bars/restaurants. Helpful and friendly staff. We did not have breakfast so unable to comment.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Disappointing - noisy & smells of smoke

We had room 104, ground floor, right by reception, facing the street. We found it noisy –as soon as we arrived we asked to move to another room, but were told the hotel was full. It was noisy from the street even with the windows closed (cars and passers by) and also we could hear everything going on in reception – including the phone ringing. They could, and really should, put an extra door between reception and the rooms to limit the noise from reception. Several TV channels had poor reception. Shower pressure was a bit disappointing. The room was very hot at night (even in early May) but we had to keep the windows closed due to road noise. We couldn’t use the aircon to cool us down as it was broken. We were hit by the smell of smoke as soon as you leave your room to enter the reception area. The old guy who covers reception afternoons/evenings clearly smokes there, despite the no smoking signs. As the breakfast room is right off reception, I’d be surprised if that doesn’t smell of smoke too. They have a strange rule about insisting you leave your room key at reception when you go out –otherwise the cleaners can’t access your room (!) They also have a strange rule about locking the front door at midnight. The rule in itself is not strange, but the fact that they don’t want to give you a door key and expect you to be back by 12 is a little archaic. We asked about what would happen if we wanted to stay out later, and we were pointed to the sign saying the door was locked at midnight. We again asked about what would happen if we wanted to stay out later, and we were again pointed to the sign saying the door closed at midnight. We again asked about what would happen if we wanted to stay out later, and were begrudgingly allowed to keep our room key and given a front door key too. As it happens, Pisa nightlife winds down early and the chances are you will be back much earlier than midnight anyway.

room was clean and free wifi was of a decent speed Room safe was a good size This hotel is a short walk from the restaurants of the pedestrianised area of Via Santa Maria and the Duomo/Leaning tower.

Definitely not recommended!

No english or any other language spoken in the hotel horrible customer service! It was my worst experience ever. I've travelled a lot to numerous countries and this was my worst experience due to terrible customer service and the owner's approach. I am a woman who travelled alone for a professional training. Unfortunately my flight was delayed by almost 5 hours and I knew I would be in Pisa well after the midnight. Since I remembered that it was written in my reservation that the reception is open by 10 PM I called the hotel immediately after the airlines informed me about the unfortunate delay. Someone answered the phone and I started explaining the situation, but they just said NO ENGLISH. I tried explaining slowly with some single Italian words I remembered, repeated the word "problem", and again they said NO ENGLISH, BYE and hang up! So I quickly refreshed my basics of Italian, used Google translate, called again and explained my situation in three simple sentences in Italian. They answered in Italian that no-one will wait for me, but ok, no problem, they will cancel my reservation and I can quickly book something else. But when I entered the Booking.com app to find an alternative accommodation I noticed my reservation was not cancelled, so I called Booking.com info line, who had to contact the Italian Booking.com office to ask them to call and ask the owner what was going on. After 40 minutes they called me back and said the owner thinks I'm lying, won't cancel my reservation, needs my flight number to check if all I'm saying is true and if what I'm saying is true, he will wait by 1AM and if I don't make it, it's my problem. Really great service and compassion for a woman traveling solo in the middle of the night with a huge flight delay! As I knew I wouldn't make it for 1AM I begged a few Italians at the airport to talk to the guy and convince him to wait for me and just before the plane set off he agreed.

Good location, very close to the centre. Quiet neighborhood. Nice little garden to relax. I could leave my luggage for a few hours after check-out.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Really very nice.

The family is really kind and helpful .You feel at home. Comfortable with garden restaurant opposite.

It is a wonderful family run little hotel , with a pleasant small garden, very closed to the Tower . In the University area. Good restaurants just outside the hotel.

Fabulous city for a short break

Lovely little family run hotel, extremely welcoming and very clean. The location is excellent with the main attractions and shopping area within walking distance. Ideal venue for a long weekend or as a starting point to explore Tuscany especially as the train station is located nearby. There are a nice variety of restaurants serving regional dishes and excellent wine all at very reasonable prices.

A Nice Trip to Pisa

The room is small and you can hear the people next to you and the power in the shower was not strong and the sink tap felt it was going to come off

It's a family owned hotel and is very close to the leaning tower.The family are very helpful friendly.They own a restaurant about 10 minutes away and the food is really good just ask them where it is.The hotel is in the old town and is very quiet and has a small garden to relax in.The breakfast is continental and very adequate to start you off for your days adventure

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Hopefully just having a bad day

The strong smell of disinfectant! I joked with friends that if they hadn't heard on me in a few days, to call interpol, as I wondered what the disinfectant was being used to cover up! The other problem was that the only member of staff I saw there was a nice man, but who spoke as little English as I spoke Itallian. Now I'm really not one of those people who goes everywhere expecting everyone to speak English, but when a hotel states that staff are able to speak English, I expect more than 3 words. This meant that I was unable to get any information on where to go to eat when I arrived, on when or where breakfast was (I'd paid for this, but didn't get it)... We did manage to communicate enough for him to kindly book a taxi for me to take me to the station, but that's about as much as I can say I'm afraid. Given other people's glowing reviews, I can only assume I caught them on a bad day.

The hotel was well-located for seeing the tower (Pisa really is a bit of a one-trick pony). The room would have been lovely if it hadn't been for the strong smell of disinfectant

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Lovely family-run hotel right side of the river

Nothing not to like.

Lovely friendly staff. We had 3 rooms and all were lovely. The breakfast was good value; coffee made to order and very good - no fiddling around with machines yourself. We also had an excellent meal in the family's Osteria Mille.

Enjoyable stay at this hotel

Bedroom looked a little tired, bed not very comfortable.

Hotel was clean. Staff all very friendly. Good variety of food for breakfast. Ideally situated for sightseeing in Pisa. Approximately 20 minute walk to train station, rail network was great for getting around Tuscany.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

A beautiful and authentic family hotel with an artisan touch.

The staff did not speak very much english, but they more than compenasted with hospitality and attention. There was no air-conditioner but the open window cooled the room well.

Wonderful family hotel with beautiful interior, friendly staff and a great location less than 5 min walk from the leaning tower and cathedral. The inner garden was a calm oasis of greenery where you can enjoy the sunset with a glass of wine. Very clean rooms and common areas. Good breakfast area, elevator, and very modern bathrooms. Would definitely stay in this hotel on my next trip to Pisa. I can recommend asking for a room towards the inner yard where it is very quiet and you can keep your window open if you like.

Lovely quaint hotel

Whenever we left the hotel they wanted the room key back. (Weird) Also the hotel closed at 12 at night so you had to be back before then, we stayed on a Friday night.

We had a garden room, fantastic location. Fantastic scenery. Nice big room with a big bathroom. Good selection for breakfast, fruit, yogurts, cold meats, cheese, breads, tea coffee juices.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Freindly Staff & Great Rooms

Friendly staff who were always accommodating and helpful. The rooms were clean and very well maintained. The common area garden was a delight. Location was great, well within walking distance from the tower.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Ok for short break, wouldn't have wanted a longer stay

Mould on ceiling in bedroom (had been painted over in bathroom); lack of working extractor fan in bathroom; shower door leaked

Location of property; courtyard with water feature made for a relaxing environment

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

Buona Posizione

Advertised parking; however, when I asked to the staff, she replied: " Yes, there is parking available on public street. You should add coins to not receive a ticket and not leave anything on the car to not be stolen".

Buona Posizione

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Nice hotel but a little too pricey.

Very central location and nice welcoming staff. The room was ready and spotless clean when we arrived. The reception was kind and gave us all the info we needed, asked if we had been in Pisa before and recommended a restaurant for dinner. They offered to call a taxi for us on our departure. We didn't have breakfast there, but I had a look to the buffet and it was really inviting, I have to say, with a lot of cakes and pastries nicely arranged. I'd stay there again if I found a slightly cheaper rate available.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

Small local hotel.

Limited breakfast which cost €5 each per day. People smoking and talking outside bedroom window. Air conditioner not working for hot nights. Very firm bed but good linen.

Handy for most sites in Pisa, 10 minute walk to most areas north of the River Arno but a bit isolated. Nice staff, very friendly and helpful. Good hot shower and good heating for cold nights.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

wonderful hotel.

lovely small hotel, very friendly staff, informative, good position, we had a lovely four night stay, would go back if we visit pisa again. thank you for your hospitality.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Great hotel with good value!

Better staying in the 2nd floor as the first floor rooms tend to be noisier due to the proximity to the street and the garden.

The cozy feel and the great staff.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Lovely little inn near the tower.

Unusual odor in the room..

Very close walk to the tower and Bacilica. Lots of nice restaurants in the area. Staff were nice. Lovely little garden courtyard to sit in and enjoy a glass of wine. I would recommend this hotel

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

A Relaxing Tuscan Haven

We liked it all.

We loved the quiet location, the elegant but rustic decor and we could not have been made to feel more welcome by Michael, our host. Highly recommend the wine bath!

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

The location was amazing, a quick walk from the train...

The bed was not the most comfortable.

The location was amazing, a quick walk from the train station and down the street from the Tower. The our room looked on to a beautiful garden courtyard and feels more like a little Villa than a hotel. Very private, good sized room with a good sized bathroom. The staff was wonderful, very polite and friendly. It is a family business.

Great hotel in great location for great price

Breakfast buffet options limited

Room very modern and clean, lovely bathroom, staff very friendly. Great price especially for location

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Nothing special

Old places

Location was good

Thank God we had the room with a balcony

No Tea or Coffee in room towels never got changed room was ok but could of been much better.

Thank God we had the room with a balcony

Everything else

Shower pressure was a little soft

Everything else

perfect location

the was a strange smelling in the room

nice location and interier

The 3 star rating is about right for the room and furnishings; location and staff make it worth more

A window frame needed painting.

Large, comfortable bed; very pleasant and quiet patio; funny and obliging owner and his daughter.

A comfortable and friendly abode .thankyou it made our stay in Pisa extra special .

Lovely friendly welcome by the family .A wonderful relaxing atmosphere and breakfast .

Adorable place to stay

No negative aspects

Close to the center

Disappointing.

Poor room. Crudely made en-suite from large room. Parking difficult - only on street.

A very restful hotel in a very chaotic city.

The room was very comfortable and quiet.

Good central place with cozy treatment

Very good treatment by the owners. very clean room, cozy and confortable.

Great hotel

Great location. Cozy and clean room.

Perfect location.

Perfect location. Good restaurant recommendations. Friendly, kind staff.

We really enjoyed our stay at the hotel, the rooms are very...

We really enjoyed our stay at the hotel, the rooms are very nicely decorated, good quality bedlinen.

Ideal location for tourist Pisa

No parking except on the street

Great location, good breakfast, clean and comfortable.

Very pleasant

Insects coming in from the garden!

Very friendly people and excellent breakfast selection. I had a nice room opening on to the courtyard garden.

The gentleman that received us told us that we must be back...

The gentleman that received us told us that we must be back before 12:00 am :(

Good place to rest from travels.

austere

Proximity to airport and sites

The room is in the garden

The room is very small,the owner of the hotel only recommend his own restaurant to us.

The room is in the garden

Brilliant location

Brilliant location

Good hotel for a good price with an excellent location!

Bathroom was a little mouldy and shower head was not fixed on properly.

Air conditioning, bed comfy & room layout is good!

Start your Pisa visit here

Wonderfully helpful desk manager Could easily walk to restaurants and main sites Nice continental breakfast incuded

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Good value for money for good location and cleanliness

room on the ground floor facing the garden a bit on the dark side (no light)

nice location 5 minutes walk from the Tower. Friendly staff . Clean

Good hotel in a quiet, but accessible, location.

No problems.

Excellent welcome and helpful staff. Clean comfortable bedroom and bathroom. Good value.

If you like to spend a night I recommend is only for one night

Strong chemical odor

Location obviously short walk to the leaning tower

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Ideal accommodation in Pisa

Great location. Clean, well decorated rooms. Comfy bed. Friendly staff.

Street view room and only one window