Reviews of Art Hotel Novecento 4 stars

Piazza Galileo 4/3, 40123 Bologna, Italy

#18 of 93 hotels in Bologna

The room was the smallest hotel room Ive ever had, not like the pics on the booking page at all. I understand I booked a single room, but that meant basically sleeping in what looked like a childs cot. The bathroom was in fact just as large as the living/bedroom area combined. There didnt seem to be any nice lighting, just some glaring fluoro lights in the ceiling. Really very expensive for what it was.

Friendly and helpful staff, always smiling. Brilliant location, and was fairly quiet. They kindly had a bottle of prosecco in the room on arrival

WI FI not brilliant.

Nice to have a bidet. Bed good We don't eat croissants. I have seen comments from others saying they were not pleased with breakfast; breakfast for us was fine, in fact the staff made additional cooked items on our request.

• Deluxe Double Room

Pictures on booking.com very misleading. Room we were given not the same as selected. When we asked to change we felt like hotel thought it was our mistake. For the price compared to Florence it was very expensive. In the end we got a better room as per the room we selected. Once we had moved the room was very nice.

• Deluxe Double Room

I had a room with a balcony which was brilliant, it looked out over the tiny little square and was a lovely spot to have a drink in the sunshine. The location is perfect — just a few minutes’ walk from Piazza Maggiore. And the breakfast buffet was great, fantastic selection.

• Deluxe Double Room

It baffles me that hotels like this one (which are boutique-luxury) still provide two single duvet covers for a queen or king-sized bed. A large bed should get a single large duvet cover, no? Why not?

As mentioned on some other reviews, parking is tricky but the staff were very helpful and sorted me out. I would strongly encourage anyone for whom parking is an issue to call or email ahead of time to confirm (a) the availability of a parking space, and (b) the opening hours for the garage.

Location is exceptional. Right in the center of everything, yet very quiet street. Service was perfect and breakfast was best quality I had while in Italy

Hotel 900 is superbly located in the heart of Bologna. it is modern, with friendly staff and nice rooms. Breakfast is nice, aperitifs are served in afternoon, it is literally meters from Piazza Maggiore and all of Bologna main shops. Off season, the price is a steal. In season, well, it may be expensive but it is still very nice. To note that they also offer an apartment meters outside the hotel. Parking is available in the nearby sqaure, but at times difficult to find. Otherwise they offer parking at the nearby Hotel dei Commercianti (also a great hotel) but the availability is limited.

I could not pick up WiFi in my room on the third floor and the partying from the street below was quite intrusive - but it was Friday/Saturday night in the centre of the city so to be expected.

The Reception staff were very warm, as was the lady helping with breakfast. The location on Piazza Galileo was perfect. The ability to make tea/coffee in the room was a pleasant surprise.

Nothing I didn’t like.

This hotel is a gem. I had room 106 - a single. It was beautifully decorated and felt very glamorous. I wouldn’t stay anywhere else. Next time I’ll bring my husband and hope to stay in the suite! It’s in a very quiet square that’s close to all the touristy places. The receptionist recommended some fabulous places to eat. Can’t recommend it enough.

Can not think of anything !

We often stay in Bologna but it was the first time intros hotel, it was wonderfulp, the staf was friendly and helpfull, the room magnificent, breakfast excellent. Location, middle, middle centre. Our best stay ever in Bologna.

I prefer a softer bed but I slept just fine.

You cannot beat the location for your stay in Bologna. The hotel is located in a quiet area and is easily accessible to the great sites and food of the city. The bathroom has a great sink and shower and provides great amenities. The staff is very friendly.

There was a large tour of Americans staying for most of my trip - the breakfast area wasn't big enough to cope and was noisy and you had to wait for a seat. Some food ran out and wasn't replaced.. A noisy tour group was definitely a downer in an otherwise great hotel. We were told that this only happened in October - would have been good to know.

Location is brilliant and rooms very comfortable and very stylishly furnished. Staff all spoke English and were very helpful.

Nothing really.

A delightful little hotel with excellent rooms and excellent friendly staff. Very good location very close to Piazza Maggiore. The food in Bologna is really first class, and the staff here can help to find it.

Nothing to dislike whatsoever!

Quiet location in the heart of the Old Town...so convenient if you are on a City break. The reviews of this hotel are spot on. The staff were super efficient and helpful, our room...to the rear was quiet, spacious and very well appointed.

• Deluxe Double Room

Location was phenomenal and the staff fantastic. From Francesco and Gianluca, the front desk guys who helped us and guided us, to Manuela, the wonderful server who always knew what and when we wanted something, the hotel was perfect. The room itself was very spacious and comfortable.

• Deluxe Double Room

I was in a noisy room (street noise), but I was given the option to request a quiet one (and refused for some reason) so no complaints... I'd recommend exercising that option if you are a light sleeper!

Absolutely beautiful and charming little hotel in Piazza Galileo, ideally situated just a stone's throw from Piazza Maggiore. Only stayed for one night but loved it. Well appointed room, and great breakfast buffet with lots of options.

Although we had booked a parking space in a private parking area nearby nobody told us that we had to arrive prior to a specific time in order to be able to park in that parking. So we had to look around the city for a parking.

We arrived quite late by car, the guy at the reception was very helpful with parking. And although there was a mistake on our reservation from our behalf the hotel personel were more than responsive to our requests.

Room very small and dark. Very noisy at night because of youngsters outside. Would recommend room for an overnight or two night stay only but not for a full week. . Lounge area also very small so no option but to retire to room if more than two couples in lounge

location was perfect. Air con was good and cleanliness excellent. Good coffee and fresh fruit at breakfast

• Deluxe Double Room

Rugs in room need to be replaced as very dirty. Also need better pillows- the ones there are flat and hard.

The owner/manager and young man at desk in the morning were wonderful. The woman later was not so wonderful as she could barely stand to speak with me and scolded me for not getting wifi info when I checked in!

• Deluxe Double Room

Parking in Bologna is a killer. Parking on the street is impossible anywhere close to the hotel and underground parking rip you for using their facilities. So plan your holiday intelligently.

A great hotel in the historic centre of Bologna minutes away from main attractions and shopping areas. The decor of the common areas is impressive. The rooms are clean and well kept although in general I think the they are in need of an uplift.

When I reserved this, I requested a room with both a bathtub and shower. Booking. com acknowledged the request and alleged it had been sent to the hotel. The hotel also confirmed my booking. When we arrived, the allocated room was 'adequate' but with no bathtub. The receptionist claimed they had not received my request via Booking.com but I suspected he was, at best, wrong. No rooms with baths were allegedly available, but on our second day there, another receptionist arranged an upgraded to a far better room, with a balcony. This was far more acceptable.

Comfortable hotel in quiet setting very close to city centre. Most of the staff were considerate and helpful. Rooms were clean. Breakfasts were good with good selection of fresh foods.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

Parking is limited throughout the historic centre but this isn't the hotel's fault and there is a garage next door.

The Art Hotel Novecento has a great location, just a few minutes walk from the Piazza Maggiore at the medieval heart of Bologna. Shops, restaurants, museums etc are all within walking distance from the hotel (a flat pair of shoes for exploring is a must). There is an amazing choice of restaurants nearby. Check-in was efficient. We were upgraded to one of the Presidential suites – the Palazzo, on the second floor of a building across the road. It was quiet, very comfortable and spacious and we loved it. The staff spoke English and were extremely obliging. The man on Reception was very helpful in retrieving our car from the garage for an early start to the airport on what turned out to be a festival day, when everything opened later than usual. Continental breakfast was included and there was a wide choice of cereals, fruit, yoghurts, cheese, cold meats, breads and cakes. We would definitely stay here again and highly recommend the hotel.

The beds were very hard, due to the fact that the matress was laid on a solid base, not on a flexible structure. I liked the hotel, but will not return as long as the beds stay the same....

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

My bed was leaning a bit in the middle on the left side. (I suppose it's because everyone was sitting "there" when watching tv.) When I lie down on the bed, I felt my body was leaning and I was unable to sleep well coz of this. Maybe it's happening only in the single room? Anyway, I expected more than this coz it's 4 star hotel.

Excellent location and great breakfast.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

The beds had sheets and blankets, we are so used to duvets now, so..., but not really a problem. Perhaps some new carpets for halls and stairs?

Location was superb. Room lovely, spacious and very clean, with fine view of the square. I did ask for a pretty view and got it, very pleased. Staff very helpful and friendly. Breakfast was great, a great variety to choose from. Fresh bread, croissants and delicious cakes.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Parking fee very expensive

Location very good few minutes walk to all important sites. Staff very helpfull, comfy bed,coffee facilities in the room, and good breakfast.

Location within 5 min of basically everything- but please don't use a very big car as it will be necessary to use some of the smaller streets in the center of the city

• Deluxe Double Room

The location could be noisy at times from people outside in the square.

Really nice hotel in a very central location. The room was very comfortable with large bathroom and the staff were very nice.

Only really minor issues: The bathroom was a tiny bit difficult: not enough towel-hangers around, some water getting out of the shower cabin as the glass door needs some gap to open Hot drink selection at the breakfast was limited to americano (or it might just be that the waitress should have brought the esspresso, and she just forgot to ask me if I would like one)

Amazing location rather close to Piazza Maggiore, yet in a quiet, relaxed place Friendly and helpful staff (with great English) neat room good breakfast excellent wifi

The breakfast wasn't great with very few savory choices and the croissants half dead.

We liked the refurbished old building and the art deco style. It is also very well located at the centre of Bologna close to the main atractions and the monuments. The staff were nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Missing own garage, next garage convenient but expensive and closed at night. Staff efficient but not very pro-active. Wi-fi not working well in the rooms

Great location at the hearth of the city. Room small but comfortable, nice bathroom. Free breakfast.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

Conviently located ....we had two rooms on the fourth floor....large,clean,great shower, big windows and lots of light. Have stayed here before and would defiantly do so again the staf is very accommodating and knowledgeable

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

WiFi did not function and we had to call prople to reset several times. Finally gave up. Front desk staff were polite but not as friendly as those in other equivalent level hotels we have stayed in throughout Italy. Employee took us to apartment but did not explain how to use all the facilities the unit offered.

We were in an apartment outside the hotel which was spacious for two prople

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

I booked this hotel as the (single) room description advertised it as having a balcony - there was no balcony.The staff on duty informed me that the description was incorrect. Even though it was turned off, the a.c in the room still made a racket every morning around 4:30 am. It became my unwanted alarm clock.

location: quiet setting in a small piazza just off the piazza maggiore staff: helpful and friendly

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Excellent location, comfortable beds, good bathroom with very good hairdryer. Coffee/tea in the room. Superb breakfast with good choice which is rare for Italy. Stores and restaurants are nearby, but the place itself is very calm.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Nothing all perfect

Great location right in city center. We asked for and got a balcony which was wonderful. Lovely breakfast and quiet rooms very comfortable room. Highly recommend

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

Parking was a problem.The air conditioning in the room didn't work properly

Excellent location. Wonderful breakfast with plenty of fresh fruit and pastries

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

If you have a car, parking is very convenient and secure, being next door to the hotel, but is somewhat costly at 30 euros per night. Apparently there is normally a cheaper option available close by, but during our stay a film festival meant this was inaccessible.

The location couldn't really be better, just a two minute walk to Piazza Maggiore at the very heart of Bologna. The hotel is relatively small but very well appointed and a welcome, cool, calm retreat from the heat and bustle of the city.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

Speaking of nice views, the windows were very high, a shorty like me needed a stepstool!

Stunningly beautiful hotel, with lots of lovely artistic touches. Bed was very comfortable with good fluffy pillows. The top floor rooms were bright and airy and the views were fantastic. Great location.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

Christina at reception was truly wonderful, professional and helpful. Within minutes, she made us feel as if we were old friends. She is a treasure at this lovely hotel.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

our room only had a shower (no bath) which unfortunately leaked onto the bathroom floor!

The location was perfect as it was in the heart of the old town - although if you have a car it is difficult to find parking.

• Reviewed: 15 July 2016

Room rather small compared to picture on your website. No English TV channels!

Great location and very quiet at night despite being so close to central sights. Staff were friendly and helpful. Hotel smartly decorated and not too large and the bathroom was large and very good. Air con efficient and quiet. Worth mentioning as was 36 degrees outside and I am tired of useless roaring air con found in most chain hotels.

• Reviewed: 8 July 2016

as with all (almost) Italian hotels, there is no english television programming. thank God for Netflix. i don't do much television except for at night.

the rooms are professionally and excellently designed and laid out. i loved my room and bathroom. great little piazza at front door.

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

The facilities of the hotel are definitely not of a 4 star. Our room was not cleaned on the 2nd day, they just forgot to do it and please note this is a small hotel !! The staff are never at the reception desk cause they will be doing other jobs in the hotel. It's so obvious this hotel lacks staff. Theres no warm food for bfast, again uneccaptable from a 4 star hotel. The bed is really uncomfortable. The only good thing about this hotel is the location. Otherwise I would rate as worse then tourist class (3 star) and that's being kind.

The location of the hotel

Nice breakfast

bathroom-cleanliness-breakfast

Very small and quiet .

Location location location

• Deluxe Double Room

Everything except pour breakfast quality

Very comfortable single room, excellent location, very friendly and helpful staff.

Poor breakfast Room not done at night Expensive car park

Upgraded to the suite which was nice

The breakfast was pleasantly presented and varied. The attention to detail was impeccable.The location is hard to beat.

Amazing location, friendly and helpful staff, quiet and central location, very good breakfast.

Skeleton staff over holiday period.

non

ok

everything was perfect

Great Staff, and awesome location. Rooms are also perfect!

room was cold and incredibly dusty. We asked for a heater and the one they left in our room did not work.

Good breakfast, excellent location

Not much

Nice room Perfectly located hotel Good wifi Good breakfast Late checkout

• Deluxe Double Room

Small room. Breakfast was not that great.

Lovely helpful staff and great quiet location adjacent to everything.

Wifi wasn’t working very well. Not good for business trip

Bed was confortable Very good location All clean

• Deluxe Double Room

The location of the property for the centre of Bologna was excellent.

• Deluxe Double Room

there was a blinking light in our bathroom which was a tad frustrating

Lovely hotel. Friendly staff, ideal location and can't fault it.

Wonderful staff; good breakfast and tea; central and good value.

• Deluxe Double Room

We got upgraded to the residence type. The facility is great.

Bar facilities

Helpful staff, fabulous location, comfy rooms (quite small)

Great design

• Double Room (1 Adult)

Excellent Boutique hotel, nice staff, right in the city center of beautiful Bologna.

Room was a bit small.

Excellent place! super close to main square!

Great location , two minutes from the main Piazza and lots of restaurants. Bedroom was lovely and very spacious.

Has a lovely dog there Fedro that my daughter really enjoyed playing with.

• Deluxe Double Room

Amazing location! Close to everything! Would return to this hotel next time I come to Bologna!

Loved the decor and design

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Room could a bit larger

Great location, high standard, well appointed rooms

Parking can be a problem. Due to being in the centre. .expensive. ..

Location. Clean modern, staff

• Deluxe Double Room

Very central and comfortable.

Browse Art Hotel Novecento traveller photo gallery