Reviews of Nuova Mestre 3 stars

Via Miranese, 169, 30174 Mestre, Italy

#21 of 58 hotels in Mestre

I like this hotel a lot because it's very clean, quiet, with well-appointed rooms, the staff is extremely friendly and helpful, the breakfast is excellent. Overall very good value for money. For me it's a great place to stay the night while I wait for the ferry to Greece next morning and thus I value the private parking on offer.

• Double or Twin Room

Would have liked a stopover closer to Old Town Venice. It required a lengthy bus ride to the Old Town.

Excellent service from staff. They picked us up at the airport (for a fee, of course) and they were very accommodating. A camera fell out of my coat pocket in the cab from the airport and the front desk person was willing to assist me in checking the cab for the camera which I successfully retrieved. They also assisted by selling us a bus ticket to Old Town Venice and giving direcctions. The breakfast (included in the price) was exceptionally good and varied. Shower was great. I would definitely stay here again if I needed to stay in that part of Nuovo Mestre. As it was, it was basically a late evening stopover for us on the way to Old Town Venice.

In the old part the single room bath is really cozy, cozy with the shower something like 70x70 If you want a comfortable bathroom better take a room in the new part

Very nice breakfast.

• Quadruple Room

The room was a bit dated but perfectly adequate for our family of 4 with a good sized double bed and a bunk bed.

Perfectly located to visit Venice. The bus stops just outside the hotel. Tickets available at reception. Good breakfast. Very helpful staff.

• Double or Twin Room

The staff were so nice and cooperative, they give you all information you need , the location was also good just near the bus station and there is a supermarket near the hotel

Perfect location was easy to get there from airport even to Venice , very nice and friendly staff , breakfast was very enjoyable , nice selection even fruit very good one

Couple of mile from Venice and Mestre center.

It is value for money.The staff was helpful and safe , free parking . The breakfast was not included in price of the property but it was very good .Handy supermarket and ATM just across the road .

• Double or Twin Room

The taste of breakfast still have room for improvement

Very new and clean room, with private parking space. Bus stop is only few steps far from hotel, easily to take bus to Venezia.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The only thing I was a bit annoyed about on the 1st night, was I had driven 24 hours solid from the UK, and I just wanted to relax in my room with some food, but I wasnt allowed point blank to take food into my room - I was told I MUST dine out if I wanted to eat - OK, there is a pizzeria virtually opposite, but not what I wanted to do after a long drive, I just wanted to relax. The 2nd and 3rd night didnt bother me. Just be aware of this fact. Other than that, all was good.

Good selection of food for breakfast and the coffee was good. Food always topped up when running low - very clean and tidy breakfast room. Accommodation was excellent, very clean and tidy. Good size room (in the new part) and the bathroom was very spacious. Very reasonable price with breakfast included in the rate. Will definately stay again.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Parking small, fills up easily.

Excellent breakfast, big clean room, comfortable bed, very kind lady at reception when I arrived. Parking in front of the hotel, albeit on public road.

• Quadruple Room

The best value for money on our entire trip. We've just came back from a 3 weeks vacation in Europe and this was definitely the best hotel (our budget was up to $200-$250 CAD/day for 2 adults and 3 kids) we stayed at. Great staff. Free parking. The restaurant at the hotel was awesome. I really recommend it.

Very comfortable and quiet room in a peaceful residential area. Handy supermarket and ATM just across the road. On a main bus route for buses to Mestre and Venice. Excellent buffet breakfast.

being obstructed by the basin next to toilet (not critical but it hurts)

Breakfast with superb cakes (I love it esp Day 1), bus stop to Venice just in front of the hotel

• Double or Twin Room

The heater in the room and the toilet didn't turn on and the tv didn't have any chanel

The breakfast is good and the staff are really nice. The room is clean

WiFi was not simple to startup. I killed 2 silverfishes in the bathroom.

Just in front of busstop and ,,,CaDoro,,, supermarket. Good but simple Breakfast. Nice reception and kitchen employees. Large comfortabele room.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Bed was good, firm, but that is how I like it. Room was clean and modern. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Breakfast was good with lots of variety. Easy to catch bus to Venice.

Far from Venice and Mestre center but within 25 minutes can be in piazzale roma

Friendly personel, good price, outside of the hotel bus stop to Venice every 10 minutes from very early till midnight, super market. Nice breakfast , very clean

• Double or Twin Room

Everything was perfect! I'm glad we booked for this hotel, we stayed for 3 nights and couldn't fault a single thing, we had free breakfast, location is perfect coz it's just one ride (bus in front of hotel) to venice 40mins. There a supermarket 5mins away and the pizza/kebab was the best we've tried and for only 4 euros! I highly recommend this hotel and we'll definitely stat here again when we come back. Staff were all helful and very friendly! Pls note that they have theyir own shuttle too so it was hasse free from us they picked us up and drop us to the airport!!

• Double or Twin Room

The bathroom was newly renovated, very modern, super clean and roomy; however the shower was missing a soap/shampoo holder or angled shelf.

Everything. The staff was friendly and helpful. The car was in the property, safe, free. The breakfast was not included in the room rate but it was very good and within a convenient timeframe.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was pretty good, with a lot of different stuff. The room was clean and the bed super comfortable. Furthermore, the bathroom was super clean and spacious.

There was a lady at the breakfast time that was not kind to any of us. The other guy helping with the breakfast I will give him a 5 stars if wasn't for him our stays wouldn't be that pleasant. So sorry I forgot his name

The breakfast was really good. The rooms were neat and clean but too little to accommodate 5 people in one room

Nothing! No lighting outside, very old mattress, wire popping, room very small and outdated, trunk type entry key, but worst of all was staff. Reception desk woman was yelling, complaining for everything, saying that Latinos are always late to everything, and we only we're there a few hoirs.ended up moving to different hotel, and didn't get money back for the second night. Please check pictures provided, does are not theirs

• Quadruple Room

Overpriced, like all hotels in Italy

Place and parking, breakfast from 6 and perfect espresso cup:) good to spend one night before journey for example to Corsica via ferry

• Double or Twin Room

Far from Venice, at least 30 min bus ride, plus once in Venice getting around. You need to add at least one hour to and from hotel for transport. The neighborhood is seedy no restaurants, shops etc. The places that are around the property don't look safe. Breakfast is nice but ends at 9:30 am which is early.

Good value for your money. The newly built rooms are very nice. Good size room, good beds, big bathroom, AC worked perfectly, very clean. Reception staff were helpful. Parking on property and safe. Breakfast is OK.

• Double or Twin Room

Position: very good, 30 minutes by bus to Venice - bus stop in front of the hotel. Tickets available at reception (20€ for 24h ticket all busses and ships) Parking: private parking behind the hotel Room: spacious, modern, clean. (Equip: safe, hairdryer, TV, aircon, free WiFi-good) Breakfast: rich Staff: friendly, warm and helpful ( English-good) Overall: Very nice and clean hotel. Recommended for Venice visit.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Even with a GPS the hotel is not easy to find since the "front" door faces a side street. The room seemed sterile since there were not wall decorations or pictures, although the hallways and lobby were nicely decorated.

The hotel was clean and comfortable and the staff was helpful. Parking was tight but secure. The bus stop in front of the hotel made it extremely easy to ride the bus to Venice. The cost was 1.5 euros and the tickets were sold in the hotel. The room was clean, and appeared to be recently renovated.

Only 20 m from the bus stop to Venise! The hotel clean, the breakfast is good and enough. The room was clean and comfortable. Free parking and dog frendly. Worth the price.

• Quadruple Room

Room was nice and cool at night but no blanket on bed to keep warm.

Free parking, free WiFi, free breakfast and bus stop just outside to get you to Venice in 25 minutes.

• Double or Twin Room

Friendly, service orientated staff. We used the hotel pick up service to get there from the airport. Was only 10 minutes. Bus stop for Venice is 20 meters from hotel.

The price was little pricey but service and cleanliness were too good.

The ease to travel around, shop around and good eateries around. Bus stop so good to go to Venice.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Wifi was fair, could have been better. The breakfast was marginal, but typical of much of Europe.

The staff were friendly and very helpful! The airport transfer option was a great benefit.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast could have been a little better.

The hotel is good value for money, considering that it was half the price of a hotel in Venice. We liked the room - it was rather big and the bed was also large and comfortable. A nice surprise was the fact that the bus station was just around the corner (even if the bus wait time was a bit long, i think this shortens the trip to Venice to about 35-40 minutes) and 50m further there was a supermarket where we bought some stuff to have on the go.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Area a bit rough. Staff not over friendly. One evening had a member of staff who spoke no English at all and seemed to be the only member of staff on duty. Had a slight problem with room and could not get my message across to her.

Right next to a bus stop which took me straight into Venice. Clean, modern room which was cleaned/tidied every day.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Everything was nice and proper. We had comfortable room well equipped, it was modern and clean. Staff was kind and we get all the help and information we need. The breakfast was more than enough. We arrived by car and parked at the hotels parking place. Public transport to Venice was so easy from the hotel. We bought 24 hour turist tickets and we can use them to travel by bus (bus stop is right next to the hotel) and also by all vaporettos. We had a really good time there.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Comfy bed, free WifI, the staff is really nice explaining how to get to Venice at a really convenient price. Great location on the outside of Venice, it's worth to stay here while you visit Venice

• Double or Twin Room

We spent 1 night at this hotel and if it would habe to stay more than 1 night there, we would have to change this hotel for another one. The hotel staff was impolite. We bought a pizza and wanted to eat at the room, but at the reception us told that it is not possible to eat at the room , that we must to eat a pizza in the street or near with reception .Air Conditioning was not working and in the room was very hot.We booked a room with double bed, but we had a room with 2 one beds.Hotel is located very far from the center . It os located on the outskirts of the city. I am and my husband was upset that we booked this hotel. We are not recommend it.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Amazing place, great and helpful staff. Good breakfast. Incredibly clean. Everything was perfect ! You can buy public transportation card from the reception, they also gave me a city map and helped me with information. I had a early check out, they even wake me up in the morning and called me a taxi. I recommend it with all my heart !

• Superior Double or Twin Room

We had hotel in Milan City but we couldn't reach last train from Santa Lucia to Milan and decided to stay at Venice. Thanks to booking.com and we checked available rooms at close area to Venice City. And we saw a room available in nuova mestre hotel and reserved a room from this hotel included breakfast. İn morning we went to breakfast room with our 8 years old son. So a lady from hotel came to breakfast room and she didn't say welcome-goodmorning direct asked "What is your room number" We said our room number to lady. Few minutes later she came back again And asked to us "Did you book to room for how many person" I said "We are three person and we reserved for 2 adult 1 child" She was like a police inspector... In front of the hotel's other guests With a rather stiff tone and pointing at my son with her finger "But your son is not small child" I couldn't understand what she was saying. But I really was surprised and distressed by the lady attitude and what she said. I think she was manager of hotel and if there was any mistake she was right. But I did not know what it was and I could not understand.. When I go to reception for check out they charged fee for breakfast for our son. I paid the extra money for the child's breakfast without any objection. But I will never forget Harsh behavior of hotel manager. But your child is not little buy he is 8 years old

I think this Hotel renoved Room , bathroom , everything was clean hotel is not close to Venice but transport is easy with public bus There is a bus stop front of hotel but not 20 minutes more than 20 minutes with public bus Hotel area is quiet and safely. Welcoming person on reception for check in and receptionist lady for check out was very kind and helpful

• Quadruple Room

unpleasant receptionist wrong room tidy, dust, plastic bottle under the bed ... old equipment rooms only cold breakfast + unpleasant staff!

Good location to the bus stop to Venice.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Very comfortable and quiet. Important! You can reach it by a public bus from Venezia-Mestre Station with ease, just find Via Cappuccina (the bus stop is called Sernaglia) and take bus nr 7 or 7E to via Lazio or via Piemonte stop.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

I think nothing was.

It is a nice small hotel with very helpfull and nice staff. Our room was quiet and confortable. The bus station is front of the hotel and from there can you get Venecie. The coffe is awsome.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

A special mention of the surprisingly delightful spread for the breakfast.The rooms are maintained extremely clean and the location is great because the bus stop is right in front of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• Quadruple Room

Breakfast room was far to cold in the morning. Hotel is good as a base for site seeing Venice, but not to spend more time in it.

Hotel dose not have parking however there is free parking outside on the street.

Staff are brilliant.

Poor breakfast with only less options, specially for children...

Location, rooms were pretty spacious & good helpful staff...

New and Clean room

• Double or Twin Room

The room is nice, very good service, super clean and kids friendly hotel. The best hotel. We would come back again and stay much longer.

Breakfast was excellent!!!

There was nothing that i could pick on

everything was perfect

Second time there and probably there will be more! Super

Nothing at all

All

Nothing at all.

Great location, just in front the bus station, kind and friendly employees, very c;lean, good breakfast, free parking.

• Quadruple Room

Very nice afordable hotel on good location to visit Venice.

• Double or Twin Room

The staff in the reception and in the restaurant were super excellent and cooperative

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Excelent breakfast, nice room. Very clean and cozy

Dull and old type room . No tea kettle. Not worth the price..

Breakfast ,

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The lady in the reception was super helpful and actually she gave us all the information for our whole trip!

Staff

The breakfast is better then you expect! Rooms are super clean, and the staff very friendly and helpful! I would go again a thousand times!

Air conditioner , and TV little like a screen of computer.

Lack of type of breakfast, Probably tea...

• Double or Twin Room

Room is a little bit old.

Nice breakfast. Free parking. Good service.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Very good beds clean rooms very friendly staff

• Quadruple Room

Bunk bed was very small and outdated.

Very friendly staf. Location. Good value for money.

• Double or Twin Room

Newly built rooms with modern equipment and furniture, very pleasant and helpful staff, very good breakfast

• Quadruple Room

The room was some worn-out, but still clean.

Very friendly and helpful staff - thank you.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

WiFi not working properly in our room.

Very clean, friendly staff, confortable. Close to bus station.

There are the public bus stop in front of the hotel and supermarket next to.

The add tax for chile.

Lack of English speaking staff, although some were helpful

Ease of travelling around in and around town

Breakfast very basic.

Close to bus route. Safe parking. Outside balcony

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Busy, noisy street next to the hotel.

Delicious breakfast, good location, very nice staff.

Room to small.

Feel welcome, breakfast was great, parking on site, location was great

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Nice personnel, very helpful. The breakfast was nice with multiple choices. The room was clean, recently refurnished. Internet connection very good.

The blankets were old and not freshly wached.

The breakfast was perfect and rich.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

• Quadruple Room

Breakfast was really amazing!

Browse Nuova Mestre traveller photo gallery