Reviews of Hotel Nuovo Teson 3 stars

Calle Pescaria 3980/81, Castello, 30122 Venice, Italy

#147 of 310 hotels in Venice

Excellent hotel and staff!
    • Double or Twin Room - Annex

There is nothing I can mention.

I and my friends liked nearly everything starting from the very helpful staff, who even helped us to carry the luggage to our rooms, the information about the transport, best restaurants and sightseeing places. The breakfast was excellent and we liked also the atmosphere of the hotel. Thanks. :)

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Perfect little hotel in good location
    • Double or Twin Room - Annex

The room had a bit of a moldy smell when we first arrived, but after having opened the windows everything was fine again :-D

Very nice little hotel in a small side street. Location is a bit off the main tourist streets, which was very pleasant for us (quiet nights!) Plenty of restaurant options around. The bed was big and comfortable, the bathroom bright and clean. Breakfast was a standard buffet type breakfast but everything was fresh and good! The receptionist was very friendly and helpful with giving us a map of Venice and ponting out an amazing Tavern for dinner!

Lovely and pleasant stay with our 7 year old daughter. I would visit again!

It's a cute, traditional hotel, cozy and clean. Good value for money and I would definitely return. Lovely staff and nice breakfast (croissants, cheeses, fruit, coffee machine, boiled eggs etc) which was included in the room rate. Staff helped us carry our suitcase to our room (as no lift). Thank you again for a lovely stay. The only negative comment: The smell of the carpet in the room smelled stale. They need to be shampooed/cleaned, otherwise the room is perfect.

Room was spacious for a family of 3. Bathroom was modern and clean. Clean sheets, towels and quiet rooms. Air conditioning was good. Breakfast was good too and staff very friendly and helpful. Really nice and comfortable stay.

Amazing stay!

Paula the Manager ... lovely, professional with very attention to details! She made sure am getting a room as quick as possible the moment i arrived and end up with an amazing one! All the staff actually are amazing and the guy at the reception is very relaxed and people oriented, just so funny to have a discussion with.

Only the location is super
    • Double or Twin Room - Annex

Old and unfriendly staff, asked for room clean, they only took the dirty towels, didnt replace them, certainly not value for money for the 100 Euro per night that I paid.

Only the location is super

1. Location - very close to water tram and to Piazza San...
    • Small Double Room

1. The first room was far from the one from the photos on booking.com. 2 The bathroom in the first room was too small. 3. We had the cold water in the room and only on the next day we received new room. 4. The breakfast was poor, very small variety.

1. Location - very close to water tram and to Piazza San Marco 2. Friendly personel 3. At the end our problem with cold water was solved (room change).

Staff were extremely friendly and helpful, room was cute...
    • Small Double Room

It was only accessible by water so ferry or water taxi. No elevator.

Staff were extremely friendly and helpful, room was cute with all required amenities plus some.

Perfectly adequate accommodation in a great location.

I booked a single room which was adequate but the shower room was very small. The hotel could generally benefit from some updating.

Great location close to everything and just a couple of minutes from the Arsenale water bus stop. The staff were all very helpful and friendly.

This was a great little hotel very centrally located close...

Nothing it was great

This was a great little hotel very centrally located close to main tourist attractions. The room was on the smaller side but perfect for us since we weren’t in Venice to spend time sitting in a hotel room honestly who is! Would stay here again and highly recommend it to other travellers not wanting to spend a fortune on accomodation in Venice since it’s already quite an expensive place to visit.

Lovely little place
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Perfect location in the Arsanale part of Venice. And very easy to find. Ideal for what we wanted. Double room with tv, bathroom (good shower). Staff were very insightful and friendly with advice for what to do during our stay. Marco and Alessandro were especially helpful and friendly. We didn’t fly until 10pm, with check out being 11am but hotel kindly kept hold of our luggage all day (free of charge) and we were able to freshen up before our late flight. Thanks for a great stay!

Venice is fantastic and the nuovo teson complemented our visit.
    • Double or Twin Room - Annex

Staff did NOT tell us on arrival that city tax had to be paid separately IN CASH which resulted in us having to make a last minute dash to cash point. Could have been a problem if I hadn`t opted to settle the bill the night before.

Staff pleasant and helpful, room charming, smallish but newly refurbished bathroom - a bonus. Very central, short distance and only one bridge (surprisingly tiring after a long day!) from vaporetto.

very nice stay
    • Small Double Room

Just one night spent, but very nice place! The man at the desk was very helpful to give me good tips about the city... even if it was very late.

Never again

A lot of ants in the room, even in the bed! Noise from flushing water coming from other rooms. Poor breakfast. You have to return key to reception and get it back each time you leave and return to the hotel. Not effective air conditioning.

Nice bathroom, comfortable bed, and friendly staff.

Great location for the sights of Venice
    • Small Double Room

Tiny bathroom and shower. Tired looking carpet and walls.

Very close to St Mark’s square and taxi stops. Great restaurants nearby. Clean rooms. The staff gave good restaurant recommendations And brought champagne and chocolates to the room for our anniversary. They booked an early water taxi to take us to the airport and walked us to the stop with our bags

Nice for a 1-2 day visit.
    • Double or Twin Room - Annex

I missed the vegetables from the breakfast. The bathroom is extra small. you cant even sit down on the toilet properly. But anyway its in the middle of Venice so its expected.

One of the recepcitonists guy looked/acted like Better Call Saul. Thats a big plus.

Freezing in winter, terrible bathroom
    • Small Double Room

Very cold in the rooms, heating almost non existent. Condensation dripping from windows to bathroom floor everywhere. Shower cabin is broken and dated and so small - child will struggle in there! Bathroom has black mould on walls, scary. Bathroom floor super cold! Women beware. Flimsy walls, you can hear every cough on the floor. Bad cleaning, once they see "dont disturb" sign they decide to NOT clean your room for 4days. Half of electric outlets were broken - reception ignored numerous complaints. They actually ignored ALL complaints, just "yeah ok nothing we can do". I understand its probably family business and they saving every cent but fixing breakages in a rooms is a must! Wouldnt recommend to fragile people prone to cold or sensitive sleepers.

Location is close to St Marks square. Breakfast till late with good choice of tea. Has some Christmas decorations inside though could be more in december.

Beautiful city, amazing sights, go in winter as it’s less busy and nicer to stroll without crowds!
    • Small Double Room

The walls are quite thin, so earplugs may be good (we had very noisy and inconsiderate guests in same floor as us on last night, slamming doors, in out in out, and shouting)

The room was clean, the staff were so friendly and incredible helpful with directions, transport suggestions, even providing a charger we had forgotten to bring. Breakfast is quite basic but sufficient for me personally, usual continental breakfast and good coffee. Great location, 5mins from st Marc’s Square, 15mins from main station to airport.

Great choice for Venice-- definitely recommend this small hotel

Friendly, helpful staff, great location oon a side street just off the river and a short walk to San Marcos--- near too boat stops, excellent breakfast, comfortable room (very good bed!), nice bathroom with large shower. Also love the tea and coffee fixings in the room. Minibar prices not too high.

Nice, I recommend it.
    • Double or Twin Room - Annex

Veey narrow stairs, we stayed st the 3dr floor and strugglwd a lot getting the luggage up and down. No help at all.

Excellent location, quiet, clean and comfortable.

We will be back :)
    • Double or Twin Room - Annex

Humidity in the room, but I guess you cannot do much against it in Venice ;) Noise in stairs from other guests

Location, staff, breakfast.... almost everything!

Kind staff, good breakfast, eccellent location
    • Double or Twin Room - Annex

Bathroom so small that was nearly impossible to use toilet without crashing into the sink on the side corner. Very inconfortable It made no sense as the room was quite big

Kind staff, good breakfast, eccellent location

Brilliant find in a central location in Venice.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

No lift, but from what we're told, this is quite normal in Venice! The fruit salad had gone off and was attracting fruit flies.

Great location- so much within short walking distance from the property. Less than 5 mins walk from Arsenale water taxi stop. Quiet rooms, friendly and helpful staff. Comfortable bed, good amenities. Decent selection for a continental breakfast.

Perfect starting point for exploring the city in excellent location with very friendly staff.
    • Double or Twin Room - Annex

The Albergo is located two minutes from the Vaporetto stops (either Arsenale or San Zaccaria) & to San Marco Square. Very friendly, welcoming & generous staff. The rooms are well equipped (good beds, minibar/water kettle/hair dryer &c) clean & quiet.

Staff was very friendly, Great location.
    • Double or Twin Room - Annex

Bathroom in Anex room was not very clean, and the room is very outdated for that price but I got transferred to another room the next day, so everything worked out well.

Staff was very friendly, Great location. Can't expect much from a 3star hotel.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Convenient stay, recommend!
    • Small Double Room

- If you do not like to walk, then better use the public boat service or stay in the area near Grand Canal area. - ensure the adaptor you bring with, it uses the one with 3 holes.

I travelled as a light backpacker so I decided to walk from the train station to hotel ( you can also take boat but I just wanted to save some Euro for wine 😄), yeah it was raining so heavily then until I arrived the hotel i was all wet. The hotel staff, Marco, checked me in promptly. Actually in the room, it had the hair dryer on the wall, but upon check in I got an extra one as requested which really impressed me, and it saved my life form getting sick coz of the wet from head to toe. Marco was a Great Host as he knew everywhere in Venice and he could recommend the good restaurants for you. He also prepared me a glass, and a bucket of ice for my wine that I bought from outside, such a good service he provided!!! The hotel location was great, just few mins walk to Arsenal boat station, and around 10 mins to St.Marco. The ticket kiosk was just right there for any boat trip and tours. So I bought the joined tour to Burano and Murano here, as well as the airport water taxi. This easy access made my Venice sightseeing so smoothly and convenient. Italian BF at hotel was not fancy of course, but enough for me. No comment on Internet coz I used the pocket wifi I rent form Rome for the entire trip in Italy. I recommend this hotel for everyone who concerns to a convenient stay with access of walking and shuttle that won't break your account.

The location.
    • Small Double Room

We were leaving at 6 AM and they offered some early breakfast, later said they said no, hours for breakfast are fixed. Depends who is in the reception desk. Lady is nice, the gentleman no.

The location.

Great staff - great position - good value .
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Shower gave me the willies - too small and curtain kept hugging me . Bathroom Very small - but it is Venice ! No bar or restaurant- not an issue as these are everywhere ... But just informing . Front desk staff make up for any of this though !! Just lovely .

Staff were lovely- helpful with all sorts of info ... Anything !!!... Room was comfortable - not big . Handy spot for boat transport .

Worst and shabby cheat hotel
    • Double or Twin Room - Annex

The bathroom was mouldy and very small. There was not even space to use it. Shabby room and it was absolutely below standards. Service and staff were extra rude when complained about the room and they said "this is what u paid for" and "this is a three star hotel". Which kind of three star hotels have got mouldy bathrooms. The room was not as per the pictures on the hotel website. We have been thoroughly cheated. My partner was so upset that it spoiled our complete holiday. This place is never to be recommended and I will complain to the highest authorities. I have even shown the pictures of the bathroom to the staff and they did nothing for us.

Great location near the Arsenal vaporetto stop, a few...
    • Small Double Room

The carpet on the floor. Personally, I find it old fashioned and it spoils the beauty of the room/ corridors which seems to be newly refurbished. I would also suggest to the hotel to get a proper italian coffee machine for coffee to be served at breakfast instead of the coffee dispenser. It's a shame to be in Italy without tasting its great coffee. One last point, the rooms aren't sound proof, so could hear my neighbours especially the noises of the bathroom but this is understandable given the old constructions and it didn't bother me at the end.

Great location near the Arsenal vaporetto stop, a few minutes walk from the St Mark square. Despite being so close to center and hords of tourists, the hotel is located in a quite place and it's very calm.

Great location and good value for a high season trip to Venice
    • Small Double Room

I couldn't adjust the air conditioner in the room so it was a bit cold for me. Also, the air vent in the bathroom was quite dusty as was the top of the vacuum in the bathroom. There's no hairdryer or iron in the room but both were available from the front desk when I asked.

I went to Venice for the Biennale and the location was great for guarding and arsenale. It is also very close the arsenale valparitzo (boat) stop which was quite convenient. The breakfast was fresh and tasty and the staff was friendly and helpful.

The best location.
    • Double or Twin Room - Annex

Location is excellent just a few steps from Grand Canal and Vaporetto stop, but quiet at night to sleep. We stayed in the annex which is a three story building with no lift, but lifts are not common in Venice. The room (E) is immaculate and spacious. Bed is comfy and room has very good, quiet aircon. Small bathroom with lots of lovely hot water and good shower, hairdryer and toiletries etc. Tea, coffee and mini bar in room and variety of breakfast fare offered in pleasant dining room. Will be returning.

Great location & friendly staff. Excellent breakfast
    • Double or Twin Room - Annex

Excellent location. Breakfast was delicious and they set up early on our morning of departure. Very friendly. No lift so be prepared to walk up stairs but it was fine.

Great location and lovely clean room
    • Double or Twin Room - Annex

It would be nice to have fresh juice for breakfast and the breakfast room is rather dated,

The room was spotlessly clean and there was great choice of fruit for breakfast. Reception staff friendly and very helpful.

Breakfast is OK for staying till three days.

Breakfast is OK for staying till three days. After that, if You not fun of bottled egg, butter, grains, you are become bored. But fruits are very nice. Staff are great, realy. All in all, I plan to back in this hotel for couple of they!

Best value for money
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The hotel is very nice. The room was small (which is a usual story for Venice) but very comfortable, clean and had everything needed. Location is perfect: it takes just 5 min to reach San Marco Piazza by foot. Staff was very helpful: taking into account our late arrival and check-out at night, they prepared breakfast for take-away, ordered a water taxi for us and helped with the luggage. Best value for money!

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Good location, friendly staffs , good thing there is a Filipino bell boy who always help us 👍🏻

No elevator!

I like the bell boy a Filipino who help us to take up our Giant luggage all the way up to our room , very helpful and friendly thumbs up 👍🏻 and also the receptionist very friendly too!

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Nice hotel, comfortable and easy to find

It wax very good

The hotel is clean and well cared for. The staff is polite and helpful and we were treated well. Our room had a small delay when we arrived but the very kind clerk offered us a cappuccino while we waited and set us up on wifi. The delay was short and the coffee excellent. Lovely stay bee would go back.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Nice room and location
    • Double or Twin Room - Annex

The smell of the the baked croissant from the kitchen when you wake up in the morning.The guy receptionist at the night shift was so kind and help us carry our large luggage through the stairs.Bed was large and comfy.Breakfast was ok.Location easy to find and near water bus station

Sweet little hotel near St. Mark's Square.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

As you would expect it was an older facility and had no elevator. The room was small but comfortable. We had a clogged shower drain on day one, but the hotel quickly resolved the issue to our complete satisfaction.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, handling any issues we had and made wonderful restaurant recommendations. Breakfast was delicious and plentiful, and had many gluten-free options. The hotel was well situated, close to St. Mark's Square,

An excellent choice for Venice
    • Double or Twin Room - Annex

No elevator. Small (but adequate) bathroom.

It was a few steps from the water taxi to the hotel's front door. Right off the Grand Canal. Lots of good restaurants nearby. Lots of stores and stalls line the canal. quarter mile to St Mark's Square and the Doge's Palace. Easy to catch a gondola ride, steps away. Very friendly front desk staff.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

I'm glad I booked it!
    • Double or Twin Room - Annex

I was looking for two nights accomodation in Venice for a long time and finally I found great offer in this hotel. and I am so glad that I booked it! Absolutely lovely hotel, great location and friendly staff (reception 24 hours per day). It is 3 star hotel. Clean. Good simple breakfast (ham and cheese, eggs, fruits, delicious cakes and danish pastry). We had room on 3rd floor, quite small but enough space for me and my Mum. Clean!!! Aircon works ok. View from window was well .... seeing next building and could shake neighbours hands ;) But the benefit was that it was quiet! Bathroom was clean, towels and shampoo and soap. And in room was tea and coffee facilities. TV was small but having lot of channels miat of them were italian shop tv. But also BBC world, euronews etc. To the hotel we got from Piazzale Roma (bus station) after 45 minutes walking across Venice (if you don't have heavy luggage I really recommend it!l). Direct to Rialto and later follow the directions to San Marco. Once being on San Marco go to the promenade and after 4 bridges (5?) over canals (about 10 minutes walking) you need to turn left and after 50 metres you are already in the hotel. Obviously you may use boats but I recommend to have this 45 minutes walk!

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

We enjoyed our staying!
    • Double or Twin Room - Annex

The breakfast is good but not perfect: it would be great to see more dishes.)

We enjoyed our staying! The location is great: a hotel situated in a city center, not far from St. Mark's Square. Staff is VERY friendly, polite and helpful! We are thankful for everything. Rooms are clean and cozy, with everything you might need. Bed is comfortable so don’t worry about your sleep.)

Very good location in terms of sightseeing, eating out,...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Cleanliness of the room (floor in particular) and comfortability of the bed.

Very good location in terms of sightseeing, eating out, shopping and most importantly transport

A lovely introduction to Venice
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The floor was sloping in our room, which I am assuming is standard as Venice is slowly sinking. And the walls are thin as I was kept awake both nights by the man snoring in the next room.

This was our first time in Venice and this was a lovely hotel one street back from the Grand Canal. The staff were very helpful and friendly and even carried my suitcase up the stairs. We have since stayed in a more expensive hotel off St Mark's Square which has been a waste of money. It is so easy and quick to walk around Venice paying more for that location is not necessary.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

The best thing to say about this hotel is that the staff...
    • Double or Twin Room - Annex

At time of booking, the Booking.com rating was 8.5 which I would expect to make this a very good hotel. Personally, I would not recommend this place. The room was tatty, the door worn out, the bathroom tiny and only just about clean. The toilet leaked water. There was broken glass from a painting on the stair well. The outer door kept unlocked a lot of the time. The continental breakfast was average and the coffee quite bad. The breakfast room was cramped and often full. For £130 a night, I would expect an awful lot better.

The best thing to say about this hotel is that the staff were lovely and very helpful about getting around Venice.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Lovely small hotel in great location with friendly staff
    • Small Double Room

Hard to manovere around bed due to shape of the room but not a big issue

Gluten firer option for breakfast was great Staff very helpful and friendly Quiet location just mins away from st marco square

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Excellent location
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Very busy at breakfast, difficult to get a table, poor selection of food at breakfast.

Clean, comfortable bedroom, reception staff and gentleman who helped with cases / cleaned room was very pleasant and helpful.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Superb hotel with fantastic staff.
    • Double or Twin Room - Annex

Perfect location 200 m from Arsenala water stop. Staff were wonderful especially Marco who worked tirelessly to accommodate anything we asked a true gentlemen. Hotel was spottless and in the beautiful artistic area and a five minute walk to St Marks Square. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and the price was excellent.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Staff were helpful

Temperature was cold, but they provided a small heater so all good

Staff were helpful

The location is great.
    • Double or Twin Room - Annex

Bathroom small and a little bit smelly.

The location is great...👍

Very small shower

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Fantastic!
    • Double or Twin Room - Annex

Bed extra comfy, good shower, yummy breakfast and great location.

Hotel Novon Teson
    • Double or Twin Room - Annex

Comfortable room and very helpful staff, great location

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Great little hotel
    • Double or Twin Room - Annex

Helpful staff, clean room, location perfect, great breakfast

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Adds value to Your happy stay in Venice!
    • Small Double Room

More quiet bathroom exhaust fan

Excellent stuff& rooms!

5 minute walk from the square. Nice hotel with nice staff. Defo stay again if I go back

Beds were comfy. Staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good.

The breakfast was nice and the staff was gentle.
    • Small Double Room

The breakfast was nice and the staff was gentle.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Small bathroom No elevator

cleanliness

Very good choice

Friendly Staff. Reasonbale place and suitable location

Fantastic place

Not enough plug sockets

Location and cleanliness

Proximity to water us stop made arrival and departure very...
    • Small Double Room

Breakfast average but adequate.

Proximity to water us stop made arrival and departure very easy.

Amazing stay in the heart of Venice

- big room - very comfortable bed - good and vary breakfast - perfect location - very good staff

Excellent location n friendly staff

Location n staff

the uncle staff is friendly and we are allowed to have breakfast here. good facility and location

Almost everything especially staff and facility

Excellent staffs, perfect location near main tourist...
    • Double or Twin Room - Annex

No lifts - a bit difficult with baby

Excellent staffs, perfect location near main tourist destination.

Location great and staff v helpful
    • Small Double Room

bit noisy either street noise or other rooms doors slamming hard (and shower a bit cramped)

Location great and staff v helpful

Enjoyable
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The bathroom was extremely small, the shower minuscule and the water pressure was Inadequate.

The location was great
    • Double or Twin Room - Annex

The shower cubicle was very small

The location was great

Great location, friendly and efficient staff, good size...
    • Double or Twin Room - Annex

Great location, friendly and efficient staff, good size comfortable room.

Clean room, nice interior, perfect location

Very uncomfortable mattress and especially pillows, poor breakfast.

Clean room, nice interior, perfect location

Great place, everything is close by, nice staff.
    • Double or Twin Room - Annex

Room needs some maintenance after the main season, not super clean, breakfast very basic.

Great place, everything is close by, nice staff.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

There were no English tv channels at all.

There were no English tv channels at all. Not a big problem but I can't speak Italian so it would have been nice to have some English channels.