Reviews of Omu Axiu 3 stars

Via Roma 82, 08030 Orroli, Italy

#4 of 4 hotels in Orroli

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

Magnificant place with absolutely delicious food and lovely staff

The rooms are comfortable and clean. The most amazing part of Omu Axiu is the absolutely delicious food, the tour around the museum and the beautiful olive tree.

Terrible stay, I feared for my safety

This was precisely the type of place I was looking to avoid as a single traveller with a car. There was nobody present when I arrived although the owner came along almost immediately. She opened the place up and explained everything but despite her being helpful enough I found the whole thing quite unsatisfactory. Being the only guest I had to specify an exact time for breakfast and in fact when I was told what the breakfast consisted of I declined anyway as it didn't sound great. Things got much worse than this though. The rooms are located down the road in a side street of the town which is a bit run down. The building where the rooms were housed offered zero in terms of security, the front gate was already open and so was the door to the main building while all of the keys were in the doorlocks so anyone could walk in and take everything. I was scared to go out as I had a lot of luggage and feared it could be stolen. I then spent a very uncomfortable night in my room with no TV and no internet, the only person in a fairly big building and no staff to be seen anywhere. I couldn't wait to go and was relieved to find my car had no scratches being parked on a narrow, busy street. I accept it was low season but it's better not to offer rooms and take people's money for something as bad as this.

Not much!

Interesting place, but it's a museum/restaurant with accommodation elsewhere.

Difficult to find the place, we arrived on a Tuesday when museum closed so nobody around. Eventually phoned and owner came to meet us, but only Italian spoken so we struggled to understand what she was trying to tell us, that accommodation is in a seperate building 200m away from the museum/restaurant .

Excellent evening meal served at the museum restaurant associated with the accommodation. €30 per head including wine.

Omu Axiu is a beautifull authentic hotel in a little village...

Omu Axiu is a beautifull authentic hotel in a little village in the hills of Sardinia. We have made a roundtrip across Sardinia. Omu Axiu is a very relaxing place an hour drive from the touristic area. We loved the warm welcome and like to thank Monica and the staff for the surprise (champagne) on our weddingday! We certainly recommend Omu Axiu as a nice hotel in a beautyfull landscape

What a wonderful place to stay! 😀

Nada!

Coming from a busy City like London,I found this hotel to be a breath of fresh air (literally!). It had all the traditional Sardinian charm that one would expect and traditional Sardinian food, which, in my opinion exceeded all expectations- absolutely superb! Complements to the owners' Monica and Agostino, who made all the food from scratch and were more than happy to show me and my group how to make a few pasta dishes for the family.

Top quality hotel with high quality food!

I don't have any dislikes!:)

The hotel is absolutely superb! I can't recommend it highly enough. Set In the middle of the mountains, it has a romantic and serenity vibe about it. The owners and workers are very professional and also have a very warm and pleasant manner- it makes you feel right at home. I really can't emphasize enough how brilliant the staff and the stay there was- amazing value for money. The food was out of this world! The flavours...Oh,the flavours! I seriously have never tasted food as good, especially the hand-made pasta (colurgiones-yum!). Top class food of the highest quality. 😋😋

Authentic stay in Orroli

The beds were quite hard

The authenticity

Great rustic Sardinian experience. The owner made us feel very welcome. I would book again! :)

I liked everything! :)

The food was unreal... was an experience indulging in Sardinian cuisine - superb!

Relaxing and Amazin Stay

Everything was perfect

Typical cuisin, wild and breathtaking landscapes, staff really nice!

• Reviewed: 16 April 2016

We had a lovely Sardinian meal in the museum restaurant, the...

The hairdryer was broken but apart from that the facilities were very good

We had a lovely Sardinian meal in the museum restaurant, the facilities were very good and the owners were very helpful

There are also 3 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.