Reviews of Orange Hotel 4 stars

#664 of 921 hotels in Rome

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Abbastanza bene. Satisfactory.
    • Economy Double Room

I stayed in a double with my friend. The beds were a little too close together.

The staff were very helpful, and more than friendly. They made my stay in the hotel a happy one. I would stay there again just for that. The room was clean and the location was great as well.

Staff/Cleanliness/Location

Cleaning staff entered twice unannounced, air conditioning was difficult to control, breakfast was not good value, tv was poor (when I turned it on)

Staff/Cleanliness/Location

• Economy Double Room

Small dull room, Broken TV what staff could not fix, room was even smaller than the pictures. Dirty shower and window shelves. No mirrors except the bathroom, 1 plug in the room. The key cards would never work had to constantly go to reception. Staff repeatedly ignored our emails when they advised us to complain by email. Still not heard back!

Pretty dire.
    • Economy Double Room

Restaurant is cold and dirty, room was dark and had ants like bugs and AC wasn’t working on heating mode, bathroom wasn’t clean, breakfast was atrocious, lift was slow (when available at all), room was very noisy (from inside and outside) and to top it all the bed appeared to be slanted to one side.

Friendly and helpful reception staff

Fun hotel

We booked a junior suite for the bathtub in the room, however the water did not get hot enough until super late at night. Also room had a pretty strong fragrance which bothered us a bit.

Staff were very friendly and helpful! Everything in hotel is orange which is fun and different.

Great location, friendly staff, comfy rooms, an ideal place to stay in Rome.
    • Economy Double Room

The shower head was a little old. Windows were not double glazed so you could hear the goings on in the street a little at night.

Staff were extremely helpful and spoke both Italian ans English very well.

Will def recommend to all our friends!
    • Economy Double Room

Excellent location to the Vatican city/museums - turn right when come out of the hotel and there will be shops/eating places and souvenir shops and of course the Vatican. Hotel staff were lovely and really helpful! Note there is a 25Euro charge for the hot tub for one hour - worth doing once dark for the experience and views. Restaurant next door was beautiful food very relaxed service. Can catch a bus within 10 minute walk turning left as come out of the hotel to the Colosseum. Be sure to purchase ticket from machine before going to the bus stop. Spanish Steps/Trevi fountain within waling distance if you do not mind a nice walk. Taxi to airport is a flat 30 euro fee this is def worth it and hotel phone them to pick you up. i would recommend this over public transport.

Lovely hotel & staff - room for a few improvements
    • Deluxe Triple Room

The bathroom had no ventilation and was far too hot and stuffy. That was our biggest frustration. Our view was also poor, overlooking the building nextdoor, but it didn't bother us that much. The cocktails in the restaurant were the worst we've ever had - we asked for weak ones and they were beyond potent, tasted like straight alcohol and cost us €10 each! Put us off going back there.

The staff were really nice and helpful, they made us feel very welcome straight away. Helped show us where to go, how to get around and also booked us taxi's when needed. The hotel was clean throughout and modern and the waiting lobby was also nice.

Quirky, centrally-located hotel with fantastic rooftop restaurant and friendly staff.
    • Economy Double Room

The breakfast is basic compared to other hotel buffet options nd not suitable for vegans. They do offer GF bread but didn't have it two days of my stay so I had breakfast elsewhere. 8.95 for just fruit and coffee wasn't appealing. Poor breakfast aside, I have nothing but positive things to say about Orange Hotel.

The location is superb - central and near all amenities ,yet not noisy like other Roman city-centre hotels in the vicinity of a piazza. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The upstairs restaurant catered for coeliacs with GF pasta and offered a fantastic view of St. Peter's by night. They also played great music (note - it's closed Monday nights). The breakfast is basic compared to other hotel buffet options nd not suitable for vegans. They do offer GF bread but didn't have it two days of my stay so I had breakfast elsewhere. 8.95 for just fruit and coffee wasn't appealing. Poor breakfast aside (see below), I have nothing but positive things to say about Orange Hotel. True to its name, there are elements of orange colour throughout this funky boutique hotel and the quirky decor makes a nice change from other traditional hotels in Rome's city centre.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Awesome location, could work on a few facilities though
    • Deluxe Double Room

They dont offer simple things like a kettle in your room to make your own tea and coffee, and to get it from the restaurant upstairs was expensive, €3 for a green tea.. the fridge is to small to fit anything bigger than a coke can in. They have a jakuzi on the roof which is really nice but its €25 to use it for an hour and the water wasn't all that warm.

The reception staff were super helpful and friendly so they make you feel very welcome. The rooms are nice and clean with an added quirk to them. Location is excellent!!!!

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Lovely first visit to Rome

The hotel stated that it would cost €30 for a taxi to/from the airport. This wasn't the case as taxi drivers were trying to charge double this! We took the metro (€7 for 24 hour ticket) and then the bus to Termini (€6). The restaurant was ok but the restaurant next door to the hotel is much better.

We both liked that the hotel was a little different. The junior suite was lovely and the bath in the room was a nice touch! Staff friendly. The restaurant next door to the hotel is great!

Not recommended

This is NOT a 4 star hotel - it's barely a 3. The wifi continuously disconnected, the towels were like old beach towels, there was no hand soap, there were small bugs in the room, and the room was just generally a bit beat up and tired. In addition the restaurant staff was boarderline surly.

The location was good and the front desk staff were friendly and knowledgeable.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Save your money
    • Economy Double Room

Communication between staff members was a nightmare. If a staff member didn't know something they would make something up. Each person you spoke with said something different. I thought at first it was me and I was making the mistake or wasn't quite understanding but it was with every staff member my boyfriend and I have encountered. As I am a genius member, one of my perks was that we had received a free welcome drink upon arrival. When I asked reception about it, they didn't understand. I showed them my reservation and they had phoned booking to confirm the free welcome drinks. The following evening my boyfriend and I went up to the bar to ask for the welcome drink but that staff was completely confused. We ended up speaking to the same women from reception the evening before and she said she would bring it to us but we had to have it in our room. We asked if we could have it at the bar, you know, where you consume drinks and it didn't fathom here. She just said that I'll bring it to your room. When we got it, it was some warm mixture of something with some snacks. We ended up dumping it down the sink and waiting two days before the glasses and rubbish were removed from the room. The hotel also offers to hold your luggage while you are out and about waiting for your room to be ready, however, it is in the lobby. Not very secure as anyone can waltz through and take something if they felt like it. Their advert on booking.com was very misleading as well in regards to their facility. I booked this hotel over 4 months ago as it has a hot tub on the roof, however it is €25 for an hour and you have to booked it an hour in advance. I spoke with the manager and got them to negotiate to €20. I paid the money as that was the highlight of the hotel. Additionally, when I booked it the first time I had asked for a bottle of wine. The manger said it was included.

It was close to the Vatican and the metro. Lots of great cafes nearby.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

Excellent position, basic comfort. 3*
    • Economy Double Room

The room was v. small and dark. Just enough space for short visit. A kettle and mugs in the room to get a hot drink would be a good addition. We had a jacuzzi bath which looked good BUT if you used it the whole bathroom flooded as it leaked. We could only use shower head over it.Windows do not shut out street noise which is VERY noisy. You do not have control of room temperature except to open the window. These windows are very small and narrow and room lighting is VERY dim. Bring your own shampoo. Toiletries are basic (mint scent) liquid soap or a sachet of 'intimate?' soap.

The staff are very helpful and always cheery. We got extra pillows (one each to start). You need 3point adaptors. Breakfast is OK and reasonable value. There is a little fridge in the room and a safe (not listed in details).

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Perfect stay for couples first holiday
    • Economy Double Room

A full length mirror in the bedroom would be good.

The staff couldnt have been more helpful. The room was cleaned every day and was immaculate on arrival. Lovely roof top bar, perfect for chilling in the evening and the location could not be better for sightseeing.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

I would stay there again
    • Economy Double Room

Room 101 has a window problem, it doesn't close well, so there is cold wind entering the room.... I have shared this with the hotel, but they didn't do anything at the moment. Hope they fix this asap, or else, don't stay in room 101.

Location is amazing, staff is great, and rooms were well cleaned.

Location is good.
    • Economy Double Room

We we unfortunate with the room we were allocated, it was tiny and the bed was more like a single than a double, it was right next to the restaurant so it was very noisy, you could hear everything. The bathroom door wouldn't shut and the doors out to the patio area were old and didn't feel very secure. As far as I know not all the rooms are not like this though maybe if we were given one of the other rooms, we would have had a better stay.

Location is good. Staff are extremely friendly and informative.

Cleaner stole from us.
    • Deluxe Triple Room

Cleaner stole from us. Would not own up

Lovely little hotel!
    • Deluxe Triple Room

Breakfast wasnt up to much and summer duvets in winter

Location was great and the staff were very friendly

won't do it again
    • Economy Double Room

Rooms were small rooms not pleasant

will not be staying here in my next visit

small room, hard bed, out-dated, no elevator from street level to 1st floor

very good location, good wi-fi

Good place to stay in Rome when visiting the city, close to Vatican
    • Deluxe Triple Room

Breakfast was very limited and breakfast area needs improvement

Location is very good, being very close to Vatican

Great hotel
    • Economy Double Room

Great locationbeside Vatican, Great resturant next door, Staff were excellent, Value for money, Very clean.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Noise
    • Deluxe Double Room

Room very poorly antiphonated! Very much noise from the street!

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

Average Hotel in great location
    • Economy Double Room

The showers are very small and cramped. The beds are pretty basic.

Location. So close to to the Vatican and shopping streets.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

The welcoming staff , and they are friendly
    • Economy Double Room

Location and hotel entrance and the parking

The welcoming staff , and they are friendly

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Great stay and perfect location
    • Economy Double Room

Alexandra at the reception was very helpful and a great asset to the hotel

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

amazing food
    • Deluxe Triple Room

the rooms were too retro

The resteraunt upstairs was the best part of the hotel beautiful food and service

• Reviewed: 6 March 2016

The staff were exceptionally friendly so very helpful.

The staff were exceptionally friendly so very helpful.one woman in particular gave us great tips and gave us a map and pointed out everywhere we should go and how to get there!rooms were very clean and very beautiful inside too!highly recommend this hotel

• Reviewed: 13 January 2016

LOVED this place.

Internet is annoying as you need to have a code (get it from reception) on a little paper receipt (that probably gets lost) that expires after 24 hours but also needs to be refreshed after a short amount of inactivity. It gets very annoying after a while!

LOVED this place. Natural Chic details made it different (no plastic bottles, solar powered water heater etc) and eco-friendly. AMAZING (and large) bathtub in room. Loved the details. every little thing is orange haha!

• Reviewed: 20 October 2015

Staff very helpful and friendly.

Hairdryer useless, room dark, no dressing table mirror. Extra bed pullout bed settee not an extra bed as illustrated on website.

Staff very helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2015

Everything!! Noisy, uncomfortable beds, broken bath tab, very low water pressure in the shower, no hot water one of the days, sour milk at breakfast . When complaink the duty manager diregarded the complaints

Nothing!!!!!!!!

• Reviewed: 9 August 2015

The staff were very friendly and helpful.

The sofa bed for the 3rd person was so uncomfrtable we converted it back to the couch and slept on that.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. Thank heavens the Air Con worked as we were in the hottest/humid summer they've had in years!

• Reviewed: 23 June 2015

I just got back from a four night stay with friends.

I just got back from a four night stay with friends. The hotel was in the perfect location. The staff were so amazing. Everything we needed or needed to know they were so helpful. The roof terrace was an added bonus for our group. Perfect privacy with the views & hot tub. I can't wait to go back to this hotel.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2015

Staff was nice and friendly.

Small and dark rooms (I saw a few as I did not like mine and changed it). Really poor view. Stains on walls and sealing. No carpet. Feels more like a cool hostel. Jacuzzi water was too cold and we had problems with turning jacuzzi on. In my opinion it's not a 4 stars hotel. I would rate it as 2-3 stars max.

Staff was nice and friendly.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2016

Great location, excellent value for money

Common areas could be better, however not a big deal when you intend to explore the city

Great location, excellent value for money

• Reviewed: 2 October 2015

Great breakfast and fantastic location.

Great breakfast and fantastic location. Would stay again

• Reviewed: 27 September 2015

A bit noisy at night

Great location, friendly staff, funky decor

• Reviewed: 2 June 2015

Breakfast was good

Rooms a bit small. Rain shower in bathroom is not ideal when you have children with you.

Breakfast was good

• Reviewed: 26 February 2015

wi fi is slow and expensive couldnt clean the room after 5 p.m. couldnt organize food delivery in the evening the room is tiny

location good bath

• Reviewed: 23 February 2015

The hotel was only a few minutes walk to the Vatican it was...

The hotel was only a few minutes walk to the Vatican it was in an ideal location

There are also 14 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.