Reviews of Ortigia Camere Con Vista da Giulio B&B

Via Delle Carceri Vecchie N° 23, Ortigia, 96100 Siracusa, Italy

#135 of 149 B&Bs and Inns in Siracusa

Based on 55 B&B reviews

Stayed 6 nights and would consider it a low cost B&B at high price.
    • Double Room with Balcony and Sea View

- breakfast (mentioned in previous comments): you have to go to a cafe 5-10 minute walk (selected by the manager) and it is super minimalist: one coffee + one pastry. I was able to negotiate an orange juice - wifi (mentioned in previous comments): there is wifi router but NO signal. It never worked one single time during the 6 nights I stayed there despite the various promises it would be fixed. The very kind neighbors ended up sharing their passwords with me. - noise: the view is great but on the promenade right in front there's is a bar that plays really loud music up until 2:00 am so I wouldn't call it a quite room - the mattresses are really not comfortable - had to pay in cash (but was told that would change for people arriving after 1 July). Would have appreciated to know that before my arrival.

Location and view are great (if you book the room with a view) but don't make up for the negative points.

in general good but with some issues.

The A/C did not perform the actual temperature setting. The windows were old with high energy-temperatures looses. The tv was not working. I couldn't pay with my credit card

The see view

Rigid
    • Double Room with Balcony and Sea View

check-out time far too early. The chambermaid started banging on the door at 9,30! (Sunday morning after a night out) We were kicked out eventhough there was a storm outside! To check-in you need to agree a time, not ideal when you are on vacation and don't want to be stressed out!

The view from the window

The location was great, really quiet and just one street...

Probably needs to say twin room not standard double as it had twin beds not double

The location was great, really quiet and just one street from the main square and the water! Very clean and the owner was very helpful!! He upgraded us to the bigger double room!!

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

Fair value for premium location on Ortygia
    • Double Room with Balcony

As is typical with Sicilian B & B's, neither the owners, nor managers, are on site. They are, however, a phone call or text away. No toilet paper in either room upon arrival but the manager made a quick call and soon rectified that. Breakfast is (still) limited to a sweet pastry in one of the Duomo plaza cafes. Floors in the room not as clean as they should have been; didn't want to take my shoes off.

Considering this is beautiful Ortygia, this B & B isn't bad value. We overlooked having to carry our baggage up three storeys because the location was fantastic. Seaview from some rooms.

We would not recommend. The prooperty mangager was very helpful and did his best

Outdated, bedding not current

Location was central, noisy near the activities

• Reviewed: 6 November 2015

The owners work hard to make it work but they need more...

No hot water for 2 of 3 days!! The owners/ staff are off site. When it was required, they couldn't be reached. Breakfast of a pastry & coffee is around the block.

The owners work hard to make it work but they need more practice.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2015

I had a room with sea view which was wonderful.

The building where the Bed-and-Breakfast is located is very old and not renovated. You have to carry all the luggage all the way up to the third floor. No breakfast is served in the property (but at cafes in Piazza del Duomo) so you have to count with some extra time. The wifi was not working during my stay (due to heavy rain under the previous days according to the owner). I had to wait for the owner 30 min outside the building to check-in, although I had informed for my late arrival and agreed about the time.

I had a room with sea view which was wonderful. The room itself was spacious, comfortable and clean. For the breakfast you get coupons for cafe and a croissant at a cafee at the nearby Piazza del Duomo.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2015

The view from our room was absolutely breathtaking -...

There was nothing not to like!

The view from our room was absolutely breathtaking - stunning sunsets over the bay. The room was also spotlessly clean and very traditional

• Reviewed: 2 September 2015

There was no Wifi, and we needed it to make further bookings. We left our bags after our check out, when we came back it was closed. We called the numbers the host had given us but they never answered. We even visited his restaurant and it was closed. We had to wait about 2 hours until luckily other guest came and open for us. Basically not to contact with the staff if there are problems.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2015

Owner was helpful, it was in a fantastic location for a...

Owner was helpful, it was in a fantastic location for a reasonable price.

There is 1 review without text. This impacts the overall review score.