Reviews of Orto Di Roma 3 stars

Via Grottaperfetta 551, Eur & Garbatella, 00142 Rome, Italy

#550 of 921 hotels in Rome

what an amazing place! looks and feels you are in the countryside! Great spacious rooms in separate buildings. free parking! Great food and wine for decent prices. Breakfast & dinner, fabulous! About 20 minutes to Vatican. A must-see!!

Nothing really, corridor noisy at night and some cooking smells in my room.

Friendly staff, pleasant room and good WiFi. The room was comfortable enough but a little retro in firtings. Too few plugs, old style bathroom and shower but functional.

Room a little noisy, other guests could be heard in the corridor.

Pleasant staff and room. Fast Wi-Fi worked well. Good location only 15 minutes from work. Good value for money.

walk in the dark before arriving to reception. no reachable wifi in the room. room very basic, no kettle.

location was close to my destination however, would be far from the center.

• Double or Twin Room

The reception area people were not the friendliest..they were polite but not overly helpful, we were glad we had been to the area and knew our way around.

This is our third stay...we like it because it is easy to drive to from the airport, is clean, great breakfast and wonderful atmosphere. Quiet, with a beautiful garden bar. We love the restaurant next door! We take a taxi to get into the city because we had a bad experience driving.

• Quadruple Room

The room was too small for effectively 4 adults and the air conditioning only just about coped.

The breakfast was excellent and there was a good hotel restaurant as well as a larger one adjacent. It was easy to get a bus to the metro although my expectation was that the hotel operated a shuttle bus into Rome ?

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Difficult to get into the centre of Rome from this hotel, long walk, long bus journey and then metro. Situated in an extremely rural area with hardly anything around. Unhelpful and grumpy staff who barely speak English, didn't have any of what we were offered beforehand either - no shuttle bus, no water, no tours. Wifi didn't reach our room, either. Rooms weren't very clean, and the safe was covered in some sticky liquid. Bathroom was very small, the door didn't close and you could see through the door which would be ok for couples but bit awkward as mother and daughter.

Lovely rooms, superb breakfast!!! Would recommend entirely for the breakfast. Hotel is situated on a lovely plot of land with lots of greenery. The restaurant next door has incredible pizza.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

Lovely and attentive staff and good breakfast, especially the coffee. Convenient location for walking to FSL (or taking the bus). Wifi was reliable. Rooms were clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

I was on the second floor, and the water pressure was not great. For the toilet, you pretty much have to hand-jam the button/lever rigorously and continuously for about 30 seconds - 1 minute in order for flushing to happen, so that was annoying. I was annoyed I was making too much noise for other guests because the walls are very thin and you can hear other guests and their movement. Shower curtain smelled a bit off. Bed was not the most comfortable.

Very clean and charming property. Good wifi. Nice space heater. Great breakfast. Can't beat the price for the value.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

The front desk could not have been less helpful and the hotel is a bit out of the way if your going to be touring Rome, that being said the hotel is clean, quiet, comfortable and quaint.

The restaurant is FANTASTIC, the restaurant staff is beyond Fantastic.They go way out their way to make you feel welcome and the food is 5 star quality.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

There were mosquitoes in my room. The bathroom had a funky but bearable smell. Bed was small and not very comfortable. There was no refrigerator.

The cozy budget hotel is is in a quiet residential area of Rome. There is a lot of greenery in the grounds with plenty of parking. The breakfast was great.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

WiFi was horrible, we almost never had it in our rooms and sometimes is was not working even downstairs. If you came late to breakfast (after 9) some products, like cheese, would already be missing. There was also a family of 3 stray cats and the cats always came to breakfast - we felt so sorry for them and hope that they are treated well at the hotel. Guests were not allowed to feed the cats, which I do understand but the hotel staff should take good care of them so that they are not thirsty/hungry. On the website the hotel promised there would be water in unlimited supply - it was available only during breakfast! On the website it also says that there is a shuttle bus towards subway station in the morning - there is NO shuttle bus! There is only the public transporation, available for everyone. All in all, I know that we should not expect a lot for such an attractive price in Rome, but we were dissapointed that the services, which were mentioned on their website as FREE, were not available at all.

The rooms and the whole hotel was very clean. There is a public transportation bus close to the hotel. Staff was very friendly and helpful, everyone speaks very good English. Breakfast (simple but tasty) was included in the room rate.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The addition of a shuttle to Termini or Flaminia statons would be an awesome addition :) ... takes a little time by bus to access Metro Station .... Best place to stay if driving a car.

Very good value for the money ... clean cozy no frills room delicious breakfast .. friendly staff ... excellent wi fi .. excellent restaurant on site very good pricing. ... lots of parking

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

They gave us one room which was probably the worst I've seen in all the places I've stayed in. I wanted to leave the next day since we were tired from the road and we could not leave immediately. The second single room that they provided was a more reasonable one, but the first room was so bad that I wanted to leave ASAP because of that bad room (noises from the kitchen until midnight, it was flooded with toilet water 1 or 2 times, it had a bad smell that would break your good spirit at once). The personnel was reasonably helpful (except with the part when I wanted to reject the bad room, it was a moment when the reception clerk was as inflexible as a stone). Still, you would not feel their involvement into being really helpful with the customers -- I always had the impression there were some aspects that they could not control and which lowered the quality of the stay there. The distance from city center is high - 1 hour by bus and metro.

The breakfast was consistent, I have to give them that.

La colazione

• Double or Twin Room

I didn't have electricity in my room.

• Double or Twin Room

Room would not get warm.

Clean, convenient.

A quiet place

Nothing really.

Good location. The new bistro is nice although portions were a little large for one. The room was clean and WiFi OK.

Being charged city tax on top of the price I payed through booking.com

The convenient location and quiet residential atmosphere.

The air condition of the room was almost insistent.

Location, friendless and staff.

• Quadruple Room

Location, far away from centre of the City

Facilities, personal, room, parking

Convenient for European district and for centre of Roma

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Friendly staff

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

staff is very friendly and extra helpfull.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The temperature in my room was too cold and the heating didn't work

Breakfast was good

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Insufficient water pressure in the shower. Fair WiFi signal.

Good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

L assenza della pay tv sky

Staff disponibile e Wi-Fi efficiente

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

A little bit out of the way.

Clean simple room. Fast WiFi. Quiet location.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

A little too spartan.

Very modest room.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Helpful staff and lovely breakfast. Great qwerty decor.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Quadruple Room

this hotel offer very good breakfast, the location is clean and frest air

• Reviewed: 25 April 2016

When I arrived at the hotel after a very long flight, I was greeted by a man who didn't smile and barely spoke English. I advised him that my friend's flight was delayed and she would be in the next day. He gave me a key to my room and when I walked in, the beds weren't made up, there was an open cigarette pack on the desk and the bathroom had towels on the floor and inside of the toilet. I was extremely tired and so I went back to the reception area to let the gentleman know that the room had not been cleaned after the last guests. He didn't understand what I was telling him and he gave me the phone to speak to another gentleman on the telephone. I explained the situation and they gave me a cleaner room with 1 bed. I asked if I would be moved to a room with 2 beds once my friend arrived and he said yes. The next morning when my friend arrived we ask a new person at the check-in desk if we could move to a room with 2 beds, as we had reserved. He was very rude and told us that there weren't any other rooms available. He said we could just separate the 1 bed in order to make 2 beds. I told him that I had also found a roach in the room. He didn't care and ignored us while he played with his cell phone. We went to lunch at the restaurant next door and I reserved a room at the Hotel Metropolis, which was 100 times better than the Orto di Roma. After lunch we went back to the Orto di Roma to ask that they call us a taxi. The manager saw us with our luggage and was hesitant about requesting a taxi. He asked if we were going to remain at the Orto di Roma (we believe his rude employee told him that we wanted a new room). We showed him the picture of the roach and then he started to act more friendly. He called us a taxi and he said that he wouldn't contest our request for a 1 night refund from booking.com. However, I received an email stating that the Orto di Roma would not honor our request for a refund.

The outside flowers and breakfast cafe.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2016

My room (310) was not the best one. The window view was to a balcony to which I did not have access, but the staff did; so never knew who could be watching (obviously the staff did not go outside, but still a tad bit uncomfortable). Below the window was the restaurant and at nights it was quite noisy, even on week days.

Good breakfast, kind staff, good location for my work area (but not for tourism).

• Reviewed: 26 November 2015

- two cats were making a lot of noise during 3 nights of our stay (starting really early in the morning)

- except for the lady serving coffee during breakfast, all staff is really friendly! - the cleaning lady really cleaned our room and even took care of my pyjama and my laundry that I left in the corner of the room - this time we tried the free shuttle bus, which worked out really well

• Reviewed: 10 September 2015

Breakfast was not so good and it is far from the city center.

For the price, you couldn't ask for more. There is a restaurant very close to the hotel and it's delicious!

• Reviewed: 25 August 2015

Nothing to dislike.

Everything. Excellent value for money. Average sized room, double bed and pillows comfortable, ac, wardrobe, tv, enough electrical outlets, very neat toilet with towels and showergel/soap, great wifi (free), electrical blinds and curtains allow you to sleep in the dark, quiet room (#325, at least), very nice staff, maps provided at reception, fantastic breakfast. Free parking available.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2015

The only downsides are not having a fridge in the room and the small showering area (the latter may be a problem of the budget room I booked, the 331).

If you have a car, this is the place to stay in Rome on a tight budget. I asked for a late check out and they let me stay until 3pm! Free parking is available. The cleanliness is impressive!

• Reviewed: 4 July 2015

There was no wifi in the room. The only wifi we found was at the coffee bar. Breakfast was so so and the fruit had mold all over it.

The staff was friendly. The room was small but okay to crash in for one night. The outside of the building was clean and nice looking.

• Reviewed: 3 May 2015

Quiet far away from the centre (public transport takes around 35-60 minutes), reception was not always available in the evening, very thin walls (especially with love making or snorring neighbours), officially offered shuttle service to the Colloseum was not in place, 2 days WLAN only in the lobby, TV not working for the whole stay.

Free parking, close to the public transport, very quiet vicinity, good hotel restaurant, really good breakfast (for sweat eaters in the morning)

• Reviewed: 17 December 2015

The staff were amazing. They made us feel like we were the only ones there.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2015

The restaurant served wonderful food, and it was reasonably priced.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2015

The strike on the metro meant we were dropped in the middle of nowhere. With no transport.

Good hotel. Good breakfast. Nice staff.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2015

Very thin walls and noisy neighbours

Cleanliness good and breakfast room nice

• Reviewed: 30 September 2015

All about orto di roma

• Reviewed: 18 September 2015

Individual entrances

• Reviewed: 10 September 2015

The breakfast was not so good and it's a bit far from the city center...

The room was very good and clean.

• Reviewed: 3 September 2015

WIFI could be more stable and faster (many disconnects and low speed)

Nice, clean rooms. Very good breakfast in hotel's cafe.

• Reviewed: 21 June 2015

Peaceful neighborhood. Very good restaurant near the hotel. Very helpful staff at the reception desk.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2015

Poor wifi and breakfast

The mediterran buildings and feelings

• Reviewed: 2 April 2015

This hotel is very close to the Prometric center in Rome.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2015

Price

People

• Reviewed: 27 January 2015

Asked for 2 single beds but was given a double x

• Reviewed: 17 January 2015

Everything, mostly the friendliness of the staff and the shutle seevice

I like the homely atmosphere provided by the staff

There are also 19 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Orto Di Roma traveller photo gallery