Reviews of Ostello Bello Grande

Via Roberto Lepetit 33, Stazione Centrale, 20124 Milan, Italy

#4 of 427 hotels in Milan

Based on 6748 hostel reviews

• Reviewed: 19 October 2018

Everything was upto the mark.
    • Bed in 5-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

One small question. How can a girl from swiss accompany a young man together in a single bed? Is that allowed. If not will you take any action to stop this nonsense in future.l hope milan is in Europe.

Everything was upto the mark.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

Excellent location,cleaness, others are OK,meals are poor
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Staff need to be more patient to help non Italian speaking first time tourists. Hire more staff on rush hour, bring down the reception counter, breakfast and dinner are very basic...I would not say it's a meal.

Clean and offer some food to cook at 6 floor,location is excellent.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Super cool place that exceeded my expectations
    • Bed in 4-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Everything was perfect :)

My stay in the hotel was really super good. It's an extremely nice hostel with friendly staff, who helped me a lot (as I got some health problems during my stay in Milan). The place is very clean. There are plenty of shared facilities, including a kitchen with some free food, bar working 24/7, restroom on the top floor. I stayed for one night in a 4-bed female dormitory. Room was very clean. All beds have a socket, a small lamp, and a shelf. Can highly recommend choosing Ostello Bello Grande for your stay in Milan! If I come to Milan once again, I'll definitely consider staying in this hotel one more time :)

100% perfect location with cozy bar inside
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

My room hadn't hot water at the shower:(

Great location. Easy to walk around. Helpful staff. They made an early check-in for me, I'm very thankful for that! Long flight from Sao Paulo literally knocked me down.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Very helpful and friendly staff!
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The cages for the bags didn't seem to have a place for a lock. I might be wrong, but didn't notice any.

Very helpful and friendly staff! Best I've seen in Italy!

Great place to stay
    • Bed in 5-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Really close to the Central station, can leave your bags before the check-in and after the check-out free of charge, breakfast and dinner included, bar on the ground floor, nice lounge areas, room was clean, bathroom really good, especially compared to other hostels. Overall great place to stay, wish I had spent more time there.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

I enjoyed every minute.

I enjoyed every minute. I used OBG as my home base, staying a few days here and there, using the train to visit northern Italy and Switzerland. I could not have made a better choice.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

Perfect location and amenities to maximize your stay in Milan
    • Bed in 5-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Sometimes it seemed as if the staff could use another hand or two (especially around meal times and during check-in), but they always handled everything with a smile.

If you want to maximize your time in Milan, this is the place to stay. It's very close to the train station (and major subway station), offers a full bar, friendly staff, interesting guests from all over the world and, of course, both breakfast and dinner. The laundry set-up was brilliant: for 7 euro (the price for convenience), you can wash and dry a large load of clothes without having to buy your own detergent or fabric softener -- it's all part of their system. While you're waiting, you can hang out in the adjacent lounge, kitchen or on a hammock on the outdoor deck.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Perfect location

A bit out of my budget.

Perfect location just 2 minute from central station. The staffs are really nice. The lobby is beautiful. There is also board of what to do and where to go today. I really enjoy staying there.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Outclass my expectations
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Fully packed with services cool hostel. In 3 min walk from railway station, free fruits like apples and bananas everywhere , yogurt, coffee, bar 24/7, terrace on the roof. And the main thing- bathroom inside the room. Possibility to leave bag on the resption free of charge. Will definitely recommend!

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

extremely prefect youth hotel

a bit noise especially people who live in first floor

friendly and kind staff provide us with hospitality service .the free dinner and breakfast is available .I think it is wonderful !

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Go there.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The sound of the bathroom pipes it's a little loud when its been used the sink. (nothing to worry tho)

Everything, i was really surprise, i knew it was nice because of the picture, but once there, it was even better. If you are traveling for a long period of time when you forgot stuff or you dont have stuff because you run out, etc, you wont feel that need in here, they got everything you need. Tiny details make the difference.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Ostello Bello Grande is a great place to stay in Milano, if...
    • Bed in 5-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Ostello Bello Grande is a great place to stay in Milano, if you like to stay in a hostel near the train station and not too far from the city centre. The breakfast buffet and the dinner are delicious, in the morning you've got a big choice of muesli, fruits, yogurt and toast, in the evening it's pasta and salad. The terrace on the top of the building is a nice place to read a book in the evening or to chat with other people. It's easy to get to know other backpackers at breakfast or supper.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

I loved their terrace and also the people working there,...
    • Bed in 5-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

I had a different mattres than the rest of the other beds in my room that looks less comfy, anyway I could sleep good.

I loved their terrace and also the people working there, they are so nice, you can go with friends into the hostel and have a drink, so closed to Milano centrale when you have to take a train or the bus to the airport early in the morning, downtown is not so close but few minutes by subway or tram, or 30 minutes walking. Their breakfast and dinner included are perfect for saave some money. On weekends they have music and is always packed with people but with the doors in each floor closed you can sleep like a baby (at least from the floor that I was)

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

This was the best hostel I have ever stayed in.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

This was the best hostel I have ever stayed in. I was bummed that I had only planned to stay here one night. It was an easy walk from Milan Central Station and the staff was very helpful when I arrived. I had just arrived from the airport and my room was not ready however they offered me any drink I wanted, breakfast and showed me the rooftop terrace so I could relax after my long journey. Met some great people while I was there and the rooms were clean and comfortable. Wished I stayed longer!

Exellent
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

There are many youngsters, hence it is a bit noisy on the ground floor. Still this place is excellent.

The hostel is just near the train station, and there is a metro station nearby. The staffs are very kind and helpful. Well, much better than those staffs in other hotels. There are many young people living in this hostel. You can make a lot of new frinds here.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

A very warm and a nice smile from staff girls, and a welcome...
    • Bed in 5-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

A very warm and a nice smile from staff girls, and a welcome drink 😊😉.They were so nice and helpful that at one moment I forgot how tired I was after long flight.Grazie mille e ci vediamo a più presto.Saluti.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Perfect!
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Close to the station milano centrale( a few minutes), but a little bit far from the center ( we can't have everything!)

Everything was perfect! Good breakfast with fruit

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

The location is right next to central station and they offer...
    • Bed in 5-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The dinner is free too but are cold things, a bit disappointing. The worst thing is the booking policy they had with Booking.com. But they never admit this, even saying they don’t have power to rephrase anything show on this website, policy it’s decided by this platform Booking.com. I do not believe it at all. I have used this to book accommodations so many times that I even became a genius member. I’ve never gotten charged twice for the same booking before! NEVER! The policy this hostel have is the price will be taken anytime after I made the reservation. And indeed I was charged right after I booked. However, they still charged me when I checked in because they said they didn’t get the money from Booking.com. But in a customer’s angle, this is not my problem, it is their issue with Booking.com, because they made the booking policy. They should try to reach Booking.com to get the money which I paid already one month ago! Or at least they should try to confirm if there were any system mistakes which sometimes do happen. Instead, they just kept saying this situation never happened before, and was my own problem which were really frustrating and irritating. Yet, one of the male receptionist is really mean and with worst attitude ever, excepted he kept showing the concern-less expressions on his face, he even asked to review my personal account and checked all my reservations in Booking.com which shouldn’t be their concern at all, but he just kept saying it’s not their fault but mine. I really felt seriously assaulted. Eventually there was a kind lady Liz finally put herself in my shoes and tried to clarify this annoying situation with good attitude and patience. I did send email to booking.com three times and them too, however it’s been three days after I checked out, I still haven’t get any response from them or Booking.com. This experience is definitely the worst of worst I’ve experienced.

The location is right next to central station and they offer free breakfast.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Best hostel I've stayed in!
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Check in was a little bit messy, but that's just because everyone arrived at once!

Best hostel I've stayed in so far! A little bit pricey than people's usual budget but well worth it. Free glass of wine/beer/soda on arrival. Free biscuits/coffee/kitchen facilities open 24 hrs. Also gave free buffet dinner and breakfast which had loads of vegetarian varieties. Staff were super friendly and helpful and the location is only around the corner from the Milan central station. Bedroom and bathroom were comfortable and clean. I loved my time here.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Extremely friendly staff, comfortable room with a balcony...
    • Double or Twin Room

Extremely friendly staff, comfortable room with a balcony and well priced bar open 24 hours. Only 2 minutes walk from Milano Central station, would recommend

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Location is very convenient!
    • Double or Twin Room

This seem to a party hostel for barely out of teenage kids enjoying no adult supervision. Or maybe it just happen that I got there on “beer night” where the elevator was full of kiddos dragging large pitchers to the room. The result was loud party that dragged on until 1-2 pm at least. No one from hotel staff asked them to stop but staff is very young as well. Bottom line, not sure I will try it again.

Location is very convenient! Staff is extremely nice. I had my own room which was nice, comfy and very clean. Fantastis value for money for Milan but...

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Social and friendly hostel
    • Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

What a great hostel! Amazing atmosphere, great breakfast and dinner, super friendly staff and good facilities. It is conveniently located close to the train station, making it perfect for me that was only sleeping there one night before a flight home. However, even though I only slept there one night, the hostel makes it easy to meet new people and I managed to make some great friends! It also has a lovely terrace that's great for relaxing during the day/evening.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

It was super hipster and laid back, nothing like a fancy...
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Literally the only thing is that it costs like €7 to do laundry!

It was super hipster and laid back, nothing like a fancy hotel by any means, but more like the place a travel blogger or other wanderluster would stay in. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. And the bar was awesome. They held free dinner and breakfast too.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

The staff was really nice and welcoming, the room was clean...
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The breakfast selection could've been more varied.

The staff was really nice and welcoming, the room was clean and the fact that they provide you with a locker to keep your bag and anything valuable you might not want to have around you when you are walking on the streets is really great.

I liked everything.
    • Bed in 5-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

I liked everything. From the staff to the facilities. The decoration is really nice. They have things going on every night. They offer breakfast, dinner... amazing! I spent only 1 night but I wish I had spent more. I’ll be back for sure!

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

I don't think you can find a better hostel in Milan
    • Bed in 5-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

I didn't expect that the hostel will be so good! The staff is super friendly and helps you with everything. The rooms are super clean (every day cleaning) and if someone of your dorm leaves the bathroom dirty you can always ask for a second cleaning. The free breakfast and diners are perfect and you can always find some free food in the kitchen. Free towels, free shower gel, free guided toures, ear plug,... you can ask them everthing and they will have it! Perfect for solo travelers.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Stuff were excellent specially the reception,

Nothing really

Stuff were excellent specially the reception, Was good stay, they provide fruit all the time. Dinner was okay with the rate consideration.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Good place for overnight stay.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The price given to me through Booking.com was higher than hotel itself. I paid 48 euro for a single bed where as a person walked in along side with me and paid only 35 euro for the same room. This was very disappointing.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Good but pricey
    • Bed in 5-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Bit pricey for hostel but I think that’s milan for you. Location - good for central station but 30-40min wall into Duomo Square. Free dinner was pasta and bread - very carb heavy. Very little vegetables.

Free breakfast was very good. Free welcome drink. Laundry facilities €7 for wash & dry. Kitchen for own meal prep was very big. Lots of free fruit & biscuits available at any time. Lots of books , Games etc for entertainment. Beds comfort. Rooms clean and tidy. Good bathroom facilities.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

It was good located and the place was so friendly
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Because of the staffs who work there a man with eyeglasses at night and the girl with nose piercing

It was good located and the place was so friendly

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

- amazing facilities with rooftop terrace, ping pong,...
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

- absolutely nothing! - breakfast could have more variety.

- amazing facilities with rooftop terrace, ping pong, guitars, game room and many others - excellent location - friendly and enthusiastic staffs - many activities, free breakfast and dinner - very huge space for locking the luggages and bags

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Very nice and friendly hostel and i had a lovely time...

Very nice and friendly hostel and i had a lovely time staying there. I even got a new friend and i was staying only one night in Milan. Thank you, you are awesome and i will defenetly come back! Greetings from Finland!

You don't even have to leave the hostel
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Making your own bed, you have to leave 5 euros deposit for every item you take - key card, lock, towel, it can get loud in the common zones

Nice staff, nice beds, great facilities, a lot of free food, bar downstairs, access inside with a card only, close to the train station and subway

Feel like at home

I liked everything

The room/bathroom was very clean. The ambience amazing. Lot of difference places that chill out. Easy to meet new people. They organize different activities during the evenings. Free food is definitely a plus, as well the fact is just close by to públic transports. If you are lucky you will meet Liz. She is a great host.

Good location and nice room.

Common ground parts of the Ostello rather noisy till very late.

The location near Milano Centrale Station. Confortable bed and good bathroom in single room.

Great experience. I would go there again
    • Bed in 5-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

I would have preferred a female only dormitory but they only had mixed ones left when I booked

I’ve never stayed in a hostel before. The staff were very patient with me and explained how everything worked. They helped me with information to get into the city and also get a train ticket to the airport early the next morning. They have lots of free food, great areas to relax and mingle with other guests plus entertainment the night I stayed. Can strongly recommend

Wonderful hostel
    • Bed in 5-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

One of the best hostels I stayed in. Lovely cheerful staff, very helpful. 2 minutes walk from milan central station. Available breakfast and dinner buffet. Many fun events organized at the place from kareoke to watching football matches. Definitely loved it

Good value
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Far from centre. No toiletries, towels but at this price this is not uncommon. Having to prepare your own bed, again not uncommon among hostels though.

Usb charging and small personal lights, great places inside the hostel to hangout, close to station.Free locker facility.Great staff, good bar.

Good vibes here
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Could have more social activities...

Dorm rooms were large with a cute little patio and ample of storage space. Rooftop terrace seas also a great spot to hang out. There were constantly people cleaning and changing our waste baskets.

Located at 100 mt of central station and walking few minutes...
    • Bed in 5-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

It is good to have 2 meals included, but coffee and eggs from breakfast didn't taste good! I finnaly bought the coffee they offer for 1,2 euros, but they can improve that. Music was really really loud in all common areas even since morning so It was difficult to find a quiet place to make a phonecall, work and even to have a talk with other guests during dinner because of that.

Located at 100 mt of central station and walking few minutes to main places. Stayed in 5 mix room spacious and clean as also bathroom. Big plus for vegetables (carrots, onions, potatoes) and fruit available at all times and even salad during dinner, as it is sometimes difficult to find healthier options while travelling!!! Staff was friendly and gave me great recomendations about what to do. Other great thing was wellcoming free drink, locks, big towels, and they offer some kind of portable internet if you want to use it around the city.

Location was perfect - very close to Milan Centrale station.
    • Double or Twin Room

Ceiling of the room is very high so your voice kinda resonates..

Location was perfect - very close to Milan Centrale station. Free snacks, coffee and tea daytime and free breakfast and dinner were great.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

If you backpacker go for it otherwise skip to other hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

The room is very basic and the mattress are sucks The breakfast is very basic The value for money is very low for 245€ for 2 nights you cans find a normal hotel

Great backpackers atmosphere in the hostel and lovely staff All day fruits

Central, great vibe, breakfast and buffet dinner included,...

Low water pressure in shower, but at least it was hot! Can be noisy with others coming and going.

Central, great vibe, breakfast and buffet dinner included, good bar, private room was good size

Excelent hostel in Milan for young peolple.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The hostel was a really nice experience. A six people bedroom with a nice bathroom inside. The beds were really conformatble each one have their own light and celphone charger. when i arrived they gave me a free drink and a map with the best points in the city. the hostel is also really close from the milan train station. And it has a bar with lots of drinks 24 hours, free breakfast in the morning (Buffet) and laudry for only 4 Euros. and in the lat floor a rest room with a 74" tv and a terrance.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Excellent and full of fantastic memories
    • Bed in 5-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The elevator quit working for one of the days I was there, but they fixed it soon. We tried to watch a movie one night, but spent 30 minutes trying to fix the remote control.

Everything was nice and clean, I stayed in a 5-bed room for one week and it was cleaned consistently. The bathroom was nice and spacious. I always had nice hot water for showering no matter what time of day. The hostel is right next to the central station making it extremely convenient to take the tram around the city or the train for a day trip to another city. The air conditioner worked beautifully, and wifi also worked well. Breakfast is pretty much the same every day, but it was always tasty and nutritious. (Scrambled eggs, sausages, toast, fresh fruit, cold cereal, juice, coffee, tea, milk) Free dinners were a huge money saver, and it was nice to have the 24- hour bar to enjoy a drink during/after dinner I think my favorite part were the rooftop hammocks!! There are 4 up on the 6th floor rooftop terrace. They also had a kitchen designated for guests complete with basic ingredients. Oh! And every morning there is a big chalkboard with different ideas of things to do around the city. Very fun and helpful. It seems they had thought of everything.

A hostel that you need to visit, you must!
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Nice and kind staff, very good vibe. Very good facilities. It was my first stay ever in a hostel! I liked it, so much people to meet. The hostel itself is on a perfect location. Good hygiene all-over. The room was cleaned everyday, we staid 4 days. See you next year!

Can see why people like it, but..
    • Bed in 5-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Most hostels I've been recently have curtains around the beds so you are not disturbed by lights going on or people faffing about with their bags. I think 50 euro for a bed in a 5 bed dorm is too much really. I had an early train which is why I chose it, but stayed in a private room in a hostel in the centre of Rome for less.

It's clean,close to the train station and is very well set up and run. Staff were very pleasant and helpful and there is a buzz about the place, with the bar and people socialising.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Great service
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff are more than helpful, I've been a lot of places and the staff here where definitely among the most hospitable, breakfast and dinner included was delicious, the 24/7 bar is handy as well if you like a drink

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Perfect stay Perfect Hostel
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

This guys are ready to anything to make their customer feel comfortable and they make sure they have great stay there. Very nice experience and I had few initial check in difficulties from my end for which they supported me and helped me until I resolve my issue. Staff is great and very close Milan Centrale Station.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

You won't be feeling hungry here!
    • Bed in 5-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Great all-inclusive hostel which offers much more than you'd expect for your money! You get free breakfast, free snacks, free dinner and free welcome drink?!? Best place to meet people and good location!

Closest to milano centrale, and have a nice terrace on the...

Smaaaaaal shower cabin, and first night was quite noisy

Closest to milano centrale, and have a nice terrace on the rooftop as well as my room. Staff was really friendly and helpful

Staff super nice and helpful (offering all sorts of stuff...
    • Bed in 5-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

It's not next to the city centre, but staying here makes that not important

Staff super nice and helpful (offering all sorts of stuff free if you forgot something). Breakfast and dinner included, also free food in the kitchen. Awesome & many common areas. Rooms and all hostel clean. Beds comfortable. One of the best hostel I've stayed.

By far the BEST hostel I have ever stayed in

Everything was great

I was just on transit thru Milan to Geneva and arrived late - I was very tired and needed a good nights sleep. I booked a hostel as the expense was a lot for half a night at a hotel. The hostel was honestly better than many hotels I have even stayed in a by far the BEST hostel I have stayed in in over 15 years of international travel.

Three times in Milano, three times at Ostello Bello Grande
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Everything is good... confortable and clean rooms, a nice terrace and kitchen, very nice staff and a welcome drink when you arrive tired and need relax.

The best one
    • Bed in 5-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

This hostel was the best that I already have been. I have many things to say about. Staff were very friendly and helpful, the building has a complete structure from kitchen to laundry room. Bedroom was organized and the bar is amazing.

Super convenient for those traveling from Centrale, it's a minute walk

The stupid chair stuck on the wall. I hit it many times.

The athmosphere - made me feel 20 years younger! Staff were lovely, particularly Zoe from the bar. My private room was basic, but comfortable, and I loved the hammock on the private terrace!

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Very very close to central Milan station
    • Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

I stayed a girls room and one girl was making noise in the midnight but nothing further everything was gooood!!

While check-in they offer you a drink, it was hot and long day for me to arrive there but when you drink a beer make you so much relax and feel better!!!!

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

It’s one of the best youth hostel that I’ve ever lived.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

It’s one of the best youth hostel that I’ve ever lived. The staff are friendly and nice, very willing to help about the travel plan. The food, the fruit, the biscuit, coffee are available all the time. Pretty good space for interaction though I don’t use it a lot.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Everything was super perfect and nice!
    • Bed in 4-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Everything perfect. There is nirhing I did nit like.

Everything was super perfect and nice! Best hostel ever! I am a frequent travellor and normally I book hotels or B&Bs. Ostello Bello in Milano was one of my best choices I ever made. People there are extremely friendly and motivated. Roof terrace is just beautiful. Concept and atmosphere and location are just great. In diesem Hostel könnte man locker auch länger bleiben und sich rundum wohl fühlen! Highly recommended!

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

I really liked the atmosphere of the hostel, the common...
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The bathrooms could be updated, and have more balcony to put stuff. But aside that, it was great, and always clean

I really liked the atmosphere of the hostel, the common areas are super great. They have a roothtop with hammocks (charming and a delight!), a spacious dinning/breakfast hall, a nice garden, and a basement with comfy armchairs. It's easy to meet people, the staff makes everything easy for you too. They have free food, you will never be hungry. Location was great too, I could do everything walking, and it's really close to the station, which is quite convenient for travellers.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

The place is made so u can easily interact with people free...
    • Bed in 5-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The place is made so u can easily interact with people free food 24 hrs and welcome drink and the staff were so cool really enjoyed my stay though it was only one night

Best hostel i've stayed at
    • Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

This is one of the best hostels i've ever stayed at. They provide you breakfast and dinner for free (and the food is good), the bar is a great value, and the common areas are amazing. There are two outdoor areas (a terrace and a rooftop) where you can meet the people that are staying at the hostel too. there's also a common kitchen where you can kook your own meal. Its really clean and comfortable. The bedroom has a good space and its clean. Its far from Milan's main attractions, but its really near to the central station (3 minute walk), where you can catch the subway and go anywhere in or outside the city.

Wonderful staff, location, facilities and more than worth the cost.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

This hostel is by far one of the best I have ever stayed. The staff were fantastic, so kind and happy to have you arrive before checkin and stay after checkout, they'll hold on to your belongings for you while you hang around or venture out. They provide a wonderful buffet breakfast until 12pm and buffet dinner from 7pm to 9pm. It makes the nightly cost of this hostel more than worth it. My room had aircon and the comfiest, non-squeakiest bunk beds I've ever had the pleasure of spending the night in. The roof terrace is a great spot to hang out or you've got the bar on the ground floor. Also with it being a few minutes from the central train station & metro station, there's no better place to be located, you're only a few metro stops away from every wonder Milan has to offer.

The coolest place to stay in Milan. :)
    • Bed in 4-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Breakfast was okay, less choices and same choices everyday.

Their location is great, like 3-5 minutes walking distance from the main station. The place has a very cool ambiance. The rooms are clean as well. Dinner was good. Their staffs are very nice and accommodating. I have encountered some problems and they have attended and fixed it promptly.

LA DOLCE VITA
    • Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

I personally did not have problem with that - my roommates were cool guys from Australia but maybe other girl would not feel comfortable to share one room with 3 boys :) just a tip for choosing rooms for alone travelers :)

The best hostel I've been living in. Stuff super friendly. Rooms clean and comfortable. All common spaces ( plenty of them ) gives opportunity to meet people and share fun moments. As the place is popular among lokals there is always chance to meet them and learn something new about Italy. I would recommend this hostel to everyone - what i actually did and after checking their feedback everyone just admit and agree with me - Ostello Bello Grande is cool place to stay during your trip to Milano :) Good jobb !

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

The fact that breakfast and snacks and drinks and dinner are...

Nothing! ;-)

The fact that breakfast and snacks and drinks and dinner are included in the price - incredible for the price! Very good atmosphere and friendly staff, and location is great and very central - 2 mins away from train station and buses that lead directly to the airport!

Great stay!!
    • Bed in 5-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The location was great! 3mins by walk to the metro/train station/airport shuttle bus... everything! Front desk is 24hrs. The staffs are all very warm & helpful. They give out all the free associates like earplugs, shampoo & condition etc. Common area are really big! They have prepared an extra door to keep away the noise from bar to disturb people who’s need sleep. Again, thoughtful!

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

I was only there for one night but it was great
    • Bed in 5-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

They really could have used some cheese at the breakfast counter, the variety was kind of plain

This is the first hostel that I go to that I feel like I'm at a regular Hotel. There was air conditioning, the sheets and mattresses were super soft, you get a free drink when checking in, the bathrooms were great, the staff was super attentive, there was free food on the 6th floor that had a terrance, the hostel is across the street from the central Milan station, and it was only 24€/night. This truly is an amazing hostel

A place for solo traveler to meet people from around the world!
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

It was a bit warm in the room, tried to switch on the air-conditioning and it needs administrator password, didn’t bother to ask just open the window will do

Love everything here, basically nothing that I didn’t like during my stay! You will meet loads of other travelers just like you and share stories together if you were an extrovert!

AMAZING
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Complimentary drink on arrival, free breakfast and dinner and also a bar, garden and roof terrace! Clean room, plenty space even in a 6 bed dorm. This hostel has so much to offer and is a super social space with very welcoming, friendly and helpful staff.

It is very close to the train station.
    • Bed in 5-Bed Female Dormitory Room

The air-conditioner keeps blowing air into one of the bed. The free dinner session can be extended to 10pm since some people may arrive late. There is not enough tissue paper in the toilet.

It is very close to the train station. There is free breakfast and dinner. You can also get a free drink. The terrace is lovely too. The room is nice with a balcony.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Super friendly staff - there to help in any way.
    • Bed in 5-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Top bunk of three is very high! Not good if you've got vertigo. But staff would definitely let you swap if you asked. Could have curtains on bunks to make it much more private, especially in mixed dorms

Super friendly staff - there to help in any way. Good free breakfast AND dinner, as well as free food to cook with in kitchen and free fruit/biscuits all day. Great rooftop space

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

I liked every part of my Milan journey and especially...

Drinks could be cheaper.

I liked every part of my Milan journey and especially Ostello Bello Grande had a big share of that. A great place to get socialized and have good time with new friends. I loved the top floor and the garden. You will never regret visiting there!

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Go to Ostello Bello

Great hostel.

Go tn Ostello Grande. Always clean, nice A/C, free water, coffee tea, free breakfast and dinner. Free fruit. Nice bar. Belive me - perfect place.

Browse Ostello Bello Grande traveller photo gallery