Reviews of Ostia Antica Park Hotel & Spa 3 stars

Viale dei Romagnoli 1041/a, 00119 Ostia Antica, Italy

#11 of 20 hotels in Ostia Antica

Based on 1969 hotel reviews

I was overcharged for my first night stay, and that is bad.

The place is nice to stay, Good location, access to Public transport . Breakfast is superb and the staff are friendly and speaks English. I will love stay here again when next i visit Roma.

Walking isn’t a goodidea. Sidewalks end quickly and the road is very very busy. Take a taxi or their shuttle to stay safe.

Tranaportation to and from airport or downtown is very economical IF you book it the day before. The property has a very nice pool and outdoor area. Also the interior is decorated nicely with some interesting colorful art. The room had a nice balcony.

Overall, cheap rooms, ideal location, shame about the restaurant which was good but could have been better! Based on previous experience here, this time the service at the restaurant wasn't to standard, nor was the menu. E.g. mixed fried seafood was one type only.

The location was ideal for an early flight out of FCO. Stayed here before, and had a fab meal with and great service. This time the restaurant wasn't to standard.

I shuttle was $24 euro per person round trip I thought it was free The pool was $5 euro a person! What hotel charges to use their pool The pillows and bed were hard as bricks The location was awful because there was only one restaurant near by and the service there was terrible so we had to pay 10euro each way for an uber All in all this hotel cost us a fortune and we would of been better off staying at a hotel at the airport by the time u had to pay for shuttle and ect The elevator kept closing on us as we were trying to load our luggage and no one helped us it closed 4 times on us Oh and nothing is in the mini bar and we went to the cafe and it was 3euro for an ice tea and 3 euro for a sprite! That’s so expensive I went to cafes all over Italy and the most I paid for an ice tea was 1.50 euro

When arriving, our room smelled like smoke even though there’s a no smoking policy on the property. The staff gave us a different room even though we were going from a small room to a suite. So it worked out well, thankful they were accommodating with the smoke. Once in the new room it was a great room, bathroom, lounge area, and terrace. Overall pleased with the stay.

The beds were very hard/uncomfortable. They did not have late night transportation too/from the Airport.

Was a fine place to stay. We chose it because we had a flight getting into Rome at 12:20am. Only stayed one night. It was also close to a bus stop which would take you to a train station which brings you to Rome (only 1 euro 50 for a 90 minute transport ticket) it took one full hour to get to trastevere.

The spa and pool chemicals are too strong! It was hard to breath even in the hallways upstairs! I did not dare go downstairs to the spa. I wish these spa places would get rid of those harsh chemicals for a natural solution.

The pool, food, the outdoor area, the bar all pleasant and clean. The bed was fantastic comfortable. One could walk to Ostia Antica if in good shape to see the archeology and the town. Or hop the tram to the beach area. Great inexpensive airport hotel that is not your typical boring chain. Real people here doing a great job, including shuttle to and from airport.

Good breakfast, friendly staff. Room needed a makeover but pleasant as is. Busy roadside location but well soundproofed. Free bus to village for food etc. Great for a one night stopover.

All spa services aside from unheated pool cost extra and not available late. Took 35 minutes for shuttle to airport we paid separately for after they said it is only 15 minutes away.

Beautiful modern decor, full bar, decent restaurant.

Would be nice if the hotel could provide transportation to Ostia Antica park as the bus wasn't running, it's a bit far to walk, and the cab if called is expensive.

Small but comfortable and clean rooms. Excellent front desk and housekeeping staff, first-rate breakfast. We used this hotel as a stepping off to the Antica park and then to Fiumicino (great hotel shuttle service) for the flight home.

When I booked it I looked for airport hotels I looked for a shuttle. I communicated with the hotel and was told they might be able to pick us up or take us back to the hotel free if they were not too busy. That was not true. They do have a shuttle service but only during certain hours and the cost was 15 euro per couple each way. Their material needs to show the schedule and cost of their shuttle right up front. In our case it did not. The hotel is quite a ways from the airport.

Good bathroom. Good bed. The breakfast was fine. Price is good.

It was all good.

Friendly staff, at the desk and in the other service areas. Use their airport van that will take you directly to the hotel at a very low cost. Perfect pool & patio area, with bar service. Clean, bright rooms.

The spa is fairly a place to relax, very small and all black located in the basement. In the morning, We have booked the entrance with a treatment at 6pm, we arrived there and we could not use the jacuzzi as the water was cold because they did not turned on the hot water in the morning and so the emotional hot showers. They offer a total of 10€ price off although it did not worth at all at the end. In 2 days of our stay, the first day they were having a cerimony so lot of people were around the pool all day and so was noisy and not relaxing at all! The second day, a school class of kids were there for the day, so again forget about using the pool to relax and worst at dinner was impossible even to talk as all the kids were screaming and very noisy and the restaurant does not have different rooms to be able to organize events and welcome regular customers who may want to travel for few days and find some relax using the pool and spa.

The restaurant staff was very kind.

The rooms were quite warm. The thermostats in our rooms were not turned on. The room temperature is controlled by the hotel and when I called the front desk to inquire, they said they would turn the temperature down.

My family and I had an early connection out of FCO. Staff was friendly and helpful. They accommodated us with an adjoining room and recommended a restaurant within walking distance to the hotel.

Hotel was actually fine, but not in a good location, uninspiring locale, noisy roads adjacent and poor road access. Shower not great, no coffee facility in room.

Good breakfast at extra cost of 5 euros pp. Well run hotel, 1 mile from Ostia Antica. Supermarket a short drive away. Garden and pool area lovely. We stayed 2 nights and would return if in area.

We decided to stay here at the end of our 3 week trip in Italy to be closer to the airport. Everything advertised about the place was wrong. Far away from the train (30 minute walk along a busy road). It was like a cheap hotel in the middle of nowhere without good restaurants or anyplace near to safely walk or eat. It was an overpriced dive. It took 45 minutes to get to airport (the same as an express train from Rome Term). It would be much better to stay close to train in Rome and take an express train out. This place was simply awful. Nothing about it was good. Even the breakfast was the worse we had during our stay. No hooks in bathroom for a towel; they had to cut the counter out to even get the bathroom door closed!

There was absolutely nothing to like about this place. It was the worse place we stayed at in 3 weeks in Italy. Although none smoking you could smell smoke in halls with air freshener. Room so small you could hardly move.

The lack of any shampoo is an issue, as an international traveller I don't carry liquid soap. The size of the shower was also an issue. There were no English speaking news channels which again as a business traveller I use. The hotel was a bit far from any public transport.

very helpful front of house staff, very friendly breakfast staff and very good shuttle bus drivers. The balcony was a surprise and would have been lovely in warmer weather. the whole team seemed efficient. I can't complain about the cost to get to central Rome via public transport.

The Hotel charged my credit card two days before the date of arrival, even if it was clearly stated that no money would be charged in advance. It would have been impossible for me to decide to use a different payment method art check out.

Convenient location for the purpose of my trip.

cleaners were very noisy started early to clean moving furniture around talking and laughing aloud.early morning, so if you want to rest no chance!!!!!! also my room was facing the main road such a noisy motorway

reception staff pleasant and corteous. clean reception and the rooms also very good

• Quadruple Room

The only two things I'd improve are the lighting in the rooms, it was a bit dark, even one lamp would improve this, but it wasn't a serious problem. Also the spa/pool/jacuzzi were a bit dear to get access to, why not include them with the room? Otherwise, no complaints.

I loved that we got two rooms for 79E, might have been because it was off season, but great for our family. I made a mistake and booked us for the wrong day, and the great signiore at the counter changed the reservation, no questions asked. Two rooms, connected by a door was perfect for us. The free breakfast was a treat, good range of food for our dairy and gluten-free family.

Horrible service, head staff in restaurant. Orders were not filled -had to keep repeating request for water bottles.. then wine -glass came for spouse however bottle for me and 3 21-36 year old “children” ended to be requested numerous times. The waiter was initially selecting the white wine from the cooler however “boss” sent him off doing something else. Meals were served except one-reordered it and waited for bill. Finally went to front desk to pay bill-female head staff was pushing to have us sign our room to bill as it was being paid with front desk staff by credit card. She kept interrupting and insisting that the room number go on the bill. We were all insulted and had the worst experience in Italy-ever in a hotel restaurant.

Friendly staff at front desk. Proximity to airport. Didn’t spend long in hotel-arrived, bad dinner, slept and left in < 10 hours.

Need to detour due to unnexpected roadblocks and creditcard pre-payment without any notice. Old furnished room with poor duvet. Cockroach in Breakfast room was a disaster!! Need to take care thouroghly!!!

They had road works going on, which meant you had to walk about 40 mins to get to the station. On a sunny day that's awesome, but when its cold and raining not so, so need to keep that in mind. Also its not close to the attractions as its just outside Rome, the city centre, so if you are going to just unwind and chill or even if you going to hire a car then this is perfect. But if you want to go out an explore, then not really, as you will be spending most of the time travelling.

It was quite, nicely priced and comfortable

The location is awful I had to walk 3miles too get a train or metro and your walking in the main roads!to get back too the hotel.. Shocking and no offer of transport too or from the stations

The restaurant was fine.the spa closed on Mondays but went too see it and it was being repaired! Should be Included in the price.

the decor was old - the whole hotel needs modernising the tv control had to be reprogrammed the key was difficult to use -sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn’t very easily peeling wallpaper, sound-proofing poor breakfast mediocre - orange juice was a coloured sugar solution, croissants dry the restaurant was very expensive & looking at the photos of the dishes, the portions were tiny even for small eaters like me! Fortunately there’s a restaurant next door, also open at 19h

the smiling receptionist 😊 she was very helpful close to the airport

I had hier unstanding with booking,because my booking was canceled,i saw this mail first at the morning,as i allready was on the way to hotel,i had to do new reservation and this was allready with expensive price.they sayd that my credit card was invalided,but i payd at hotel with the same card and this was not invalided.an had pay more as i had first reservation.

Personal was nice

I liked everyting about hotel, but to get to Ostia Antica Archeo site from the hotel, or to train station you need to go for some 300 metres on road without sidewalks (sidewalks starts after some 300 metres), nothing for pedestrians for entire ca 300 metres, so it is very danerous as cars are speeding. You can take bus instead or taxi, but distance for me was so insignificant that I prefered to walk.

I was positively surprised by the hotel and I highly recommend it. Very close to Fiumicino Airport, very close to Ostia Antica (walking distance) archeological site and walking distance to train, which takes you directly to Rome.

breakfast location of hotel cost me lot to get there no taxi wanted to go there only rome I had to request them due to road works some roads were blocked difficulty to get there to hotel taxi fare was high too there was no restaurant near by I had medical condition no fit to walk to much shops were far for me most of other people complained to they had too request food out side by the hotel due to there hotel restaurant closing opening hours were 7pm I went early like other customers so far from city centre middle of no where I was very disappointed as I am Muslim I was only able to eat halal foods most food were not halal due to shops being far it was very difficult also there WiFi service was very difficult was unable to order food from just eat on line take away I could of order on line easily if WiFi was avaliable was very disappointed I had to request member of staff to order for me she I had no I WiFi found hard to reach my family members abroad u.k as I am unwell I need regular check up from family to be secure I had to use my mobile cost me too only got Wi-Fi after 12.pm mid night running I was unhappy member of staff ok try to help room was ok not bad quite warm I should get loyalty discount for my loss next time I book with booking.com

I had not enjoyed my stay the hotel was very far middle of no where breakfast was very poor service was good but not up to date I would not book.with booking .com next time sorry also some of the information I requested was not filled like before I booked hotel I request hand shower send text to both hotel and booking.com this was not mention if I had known I would not book the hotel booking on line was mistake too was not giving the service I requested bit disappointed concern I should get a loyalty discount for my loss next time I book any.of your hotel thank you buy

Not in a convenient location for tourist.

Clean & comfortable. Nice property. Good food which was convenient since there wasn't much more close by.

This is not near airport at least 12 kilometres..taxi cost more than room. Restaurant and coffe bar not open during day..disgusting food..very isolated. Only one other choice of a restaurant. Which also open short hours. Cost of taxi from airport 35 euros each way.

Poor directions, did not answer phone or emails. Pool tiny like a backyard pool. Bathroom tiles slippery. Lighting poor. Too far from airport. Very different from website and not as it is in reality.

Clean and breakfast. Bed was fine.

The pictures of this place are very misleading - the property is deteriorating. The rooms are dirty and the beds uncomfortable- the linens are questionable and there is NOTHING around. Even the near test ruins are about a 20 minute walk. I would not recommend nor will I go back- which is a shame because the staff was exceptional.

The restaurant there had the most delicious food - the cooks out did themselves.

Even though rooms were clean and pleasant, there is mold in some showers. Also some showers work better than the others. So the maintenance is definitely a little behind. I would also appreciate if the hotel added some vegetables to its breakfast buffet, then it would be beyond excellent. The only real issue I can think of was the attitude of one of the receptionists – he was rather arrogant and acting as if I bothered him with my simple request. BUT all of the other receptionists were the exact opposite so maybe even this one had a bad day? I'd like to believe that.

We initially booked this hotel for five nights as we had some business to deal with in Rome. Later we kept extending our stay as this was the best value for the money we could find near Rome. Big pluses were parking, nice breakfast buffet with eggs (it's not unusual for hotels in Italy to offer only sweet breakfast) and rooms with balcony facing the garden and pool (we stayed in different rooms). The pool was used even during October as the weather was really nice. Also I have to emphasise that ALMOST all of the staff are very nice and helpful people making your day better with smiles and friendly attitude. Also fluent in English. Location is great for people with car as it's a bit far from the city BUT the road from Ostia to Rome and back turns into a nightmare during rush hours (8:00-9:00 and 18:00-19:00) so be prepared. If you want to eat outside the hotel (we haven't really tried the hotel restaurant) I wholeheartedly recommend Al Bajniero and Ario. Both extremely close to the hotel, both with excellent food.

lovely friendly staff who were all very attentive and helpful. We were travelling by bike and there was no problem with shuttle links to the city and information to help us on our way through italy.

The location was bad because there was no public transportation available, the taxi has to come from Rome so customers has to pay over 50 euros for a 10 minute ride. It’s a rip off. Just stay in Rome and do a one day tour.

Hotel should advertise that there is no public transportation available due to road work. The closest bus that we can take broke so We waited for 3 hours at the bus station before the manager finally decided to pick us up. One of the people who saw us waiting for a long time argued with the manager that they should send us a shuttle because there was not even a taxi available.

Place is very far from the actual town and no public transport is available easily in odd hours , No good restaurants near by only one average quality food restaurant is available next door that also if their is a private party and is booked you will not be allowed in . If you reach Hotel in odd hours with kids dont expect any food available . Breakfast is very very limited choice that too if you are lucky on our first day when asked for eggs we were told the person who delivers eggs to the hotel kitchen hasent turned in yet and is running late . Staff is polite but issue is language skills they have very very limited language skills . We took a shuttle back to city next day and we had to tell teh shuttle driver at a place to stop and he totally refused to understand English and stop .

Rooms were clean , bathrooms were big .

Bad surprise when you have to pay the bill... I use booking To pay exactly What is written with the app. This is the 1st time that a hotel changed the price...

Good hotel nice equipments rooms ok

It's an hotel close to airport but it has a limited transfer organisation. You need to pay to have it and after midnight you do not have the service

Bed was not very comfortable. The road network in the hotel's general area is very confusing, with a lot of one-way streets and expressways that have limited opportunities to get off onto local roads -- making the approach to the hotel rather complicated.

Good value for money.

Some of the lights inside the room didnt work, and no hot water... Please notice, staying in this hotel mean you will need to take a cab to Ostia. A cab to Ostia from the airport is no less than 50 euro ( this is what we paid) so for us it was expensive and unnecessary, if we would know better we would stay in Termini area and just take a train to Fiumicino on the next day.

Nice hotel, clean rooms

Walls are paper thin. A charge to use the pool. Had an adjoining room and the door was not locked. people in the other room opened the door while we were trying to sleep -quite unnerving. staff should have taken care of this before booking each room. The hotel is much farther from Rome than we anticipated. $60 euro cab ride to Rome.

ok continental breakfast and the front desk clerk, John, was friendly and helpful.

The hotel was horrible and disgusting. You pay fur what you her and it was evident here. The television didn't with in the guest room and the staff felt that w should just stay in the room anyway. They moved us just down the hall and I couldn't believe that yet were two disgusting rooms in the hotel that mimicked reach other. The advertisement indicated free airport shuttle only to find it it was 15euros and took about an hit to get there although it advertised three miles away. Good thing I left the hotel at 8 a.m.for an 11:15 flight or I withhold have missed it. There see peeking isn't in the shower/bathroom. The towels looked a if they hadn't been washed. The bed linen blanket was blue and assisted to be years old, dingy and Erik with in both rooms

Initially. The price. However after arriving to the hoteli realized we over paid.

After payment was made at check out, the reservation fee, which they´d taken off my credit card a few days before check-in, was not reimbursed on my credit card automatically; it took 8 days and some phone calls and emails. The room had brown ceramic tile wallpaper, which was tacky.

breakfast is really good; reception and breakfast room staff are helpful

The size of the room (quite small for three people). Also I think the room would need some refurbishment...it's quite old.

The possibility to do the check in on-line some days before the arrival, saving time when we arrived there. Also, the breakfast was really good, offering a variety of savory and sweet options.

you could hear everything from your neighbor's room...., loud in the hallways at night, the internet did not work very well.... the shower was not draining very well.... :-(

Place was very unorganized and the staff did their best which wasn't all that good. We were hoping for a good nights sleep before a long flight next day but it was very noisy until the early hours.

The staff were great, we arrived somewhat stressed as one of our bags had failed to arrive on our flight. The location was really handy to the airport so it was easy to return to the airport to retrieve the bag. The staff were very helpful. Breakfast was lovely.

Poor beginning - given definitely the worst room in hotel, overlooking kitchen and rubbish bins, we'd asked for two single beds and found a double - asked if it could be replaced, which it wasn't... we arranged to change rooms in the morning and got a much pleasanter one, as reviewed above, but STILL didn't get two singles, luckily we managed with one double for the week.

The second room we had - lovely view of the swimming pool and garden

We only spent one night here before flying out of Rome airport. It was close an easy check in/check out process and the staff were friendly. Room was basic yet clean and affordable, all we really needed for one night!

Over the two nights we booked, we wrote an e-mail for the first night to request a shuffle in the middle of the night, and got no answer from the hotel, we had to take a taxi by ourselves, which was deceiving.

24/7 reception, the staff was friendly, the shuttle is affordable and practical, the balcony was greatly appreciated.

The hotel itself is not bad but needs some renovation (especially bathroom... there was mould in the shower) and it was all so small and tight... the room, the bathroom... the balcony was nice and spacious but not very useful

The swimming pool is nice, the restaurant is OK, good breakfast, the shuttle service comes really handy since you can't get anywhere without a car (the place is isolated) There is a good pizzeria next to the hotel (and that's all there is in the neighbourhood)

When we arrived we were a bit let down by the area and the look of the hotel, the room had a view over the car park. My husband didn't want to stay but they gave us a room overlooking the pool and the room was clean, so don't be too concerned about the look.

Staff were friendly, great hairdryer, best whole holidays. Hotel was better than it looked, they are renovating.

I bet we like a lot of the same things in a hotel. A super courteous and genuinely friendly front desk staff, some of whom even recall your name, bring a smile to my face. An extremely clean and up-to-date room with comfortable pillows and beds, and complimentary Wi-Fi with a couple of flat screen TV's is welcome by any traveler.

Reception unhelpful and said we did not have a booking. They did find us rooms but ungraciously

Quiet location close to antiquities. Very nice pizzeria nextdoor.

There was construction during our stay and we were not able to take public transit to Ostia Lido. The property was very isolated without using public transit or taxis. There was a restaurant next door but no other easily accessible choices.

The pool was great

A bit small room and the location is hard to get to without a car. Also all loungers by the pool reserved immediately after pool area is unlocked. Best to book a transfer to train station and go to the beach in Lido Ostia

Good breakfast and nice staff. They also offer good value transfers so make sure you ask about them

The Hotel and its location.

Nothing, old building, old furnitures, room and bathroom smelly, too far from the city (Rome) and too far from Fiumicino Airport. Unpleasant location.

The room was crap, poor air conditioning, shower was broken, not at all like the advertised pictures, pool was dirty, dogs barking all night and allowed in the dining room. Had to wait ages to get a drink by the pool, dirty and broken pool chairs, whole hotel smelt of cigarettes. Yuck!!!

This is the most over priced place I have ever stayed in.

We had a drink and something to eat on the terrace of the restaurant. I signed the receipt to put it on my room's bill. When checking out, they had changed the total amount I had to pay for these drinks (!!). It turned out that the receipt that I had signed was later changed to a higher sum. In addition, at check out we were charged for using the swimming pool. Charging money for using the pool seems highly unusual and we were not informed before using the pool. The reaction of the person at the reception was very rude. I would not recommend anyone to stay here.

The room was OK. Nothing special.

The location is perfect if you fly from Fiumicino at the early hours, including car park. Next door there's a cute restaurant called Al Bajniero with very good and affordable cuisine.

If you don´t have a car, it is a quite long distance to shops and restaurants.

Location was excellent, very close Fiumicino airport. We travelled around the Rome area by a car and the hotel was a very good place to stay and relax after a day journey. The room was very clean and the balcony was quite big. Staff was friendly and the breakfast super.

Missed my flight, so this was a very good location only 3 miles from the airport so I could catch a flight the next day. They offer an airport shuttle and have a nice breakfast included in their on site restaurant. Pool area is resort style with a large pool, cabanas and nice lounge chairs with face canopies if needed. Property is very nicely lit at night... very tranquil.

I had booked this hotel to relax at the swimming pool the evening before our tripback in the early morning the next day and at 17 o'clock somebody told we had to leave the swimming pool at 17.30 as they were organising a private party around it ?!?!? Moreover staff was very unfriendly. Beds were terrible and the walls were precisely made of cupboard ... not a nice experience 😔

The hotel is 15 min from Fiumicino Airport

Getting there was a mission due to road works and no bus access. Ended up walking a LONG way. Also the only viable way to the ruins is a pretty long walk which is fine, but when it's 35 degrees not ideal.

Room was good, quiet location. Nice pool area. Breakfast was not bad. Staff were very helpful. Good place to stay before a flight and to spend the day at Ostia Antica ruins.

• Quadruple Room

Location, surroundings, limited room service menu, limited food options, no restaurants close that were open,

Service, restaurant presentation, dated hotel.

• Quadruple Room

Breakfast provided but then no food (other than a cheese and ham toastie from behind the bar) avaiable until dinner at 7pm. Couldn't find anywhere to eat close by.

Friendly staff very accommodating keeping our luggage as we did not fly out until late. Allowing us to use showers in spa before we went for plane.

Extremely dirty everywhere!! Room had piles of hair on the floor, dead bugs on window. Was hesitant to sleep in the bed for fear of bed bugs.

Dinner is nice.

When we arrived the door to our room was wide open. I notified the front desk and the guy there said it was OK, so we brought our luggage in. The room seemed a little warm so I tried to adjust the ac but it wasn't working so I went to the front desk again because the phone wasn't working either. They sent the handiman in the room with me and he adjusted the fuse box (which incredibly is IN the room) and he finally got it to turn on when I pointed out how to turn on the thermostat :( After a while of being in the room we realized the fan was working but it wasn't cooling. That's when I realized they had left the door open because the ac wasn't working and they wanted the room to feel cooler! I had to go back to the front desk and this time they said they reset the ac from the computer at the front and to give it a few minutes. Another half hour went by and we were sweating because we were fixing our luggage to leave early the next morning and by then I was angry because they were giving me the run around. I went back to the front desk and asked for another room. The guy tried to tell me they didn't have another room so he called a man who seemed to be his superior and they discussed in Italian what the options were. Unlucky for them I understood what they were saying! They had to give us the another room. The beds are hard and the hallways need to be repainted as there are large scratches all over also the lighting in the rooms are very very dim we had two rooms plus the one we changed from and they were all like that. The bathrooms are very small also.

The Breakfast buffet was very good and nicely displayed The lobby is nice and the pool area is also nice bad thing is you have to pay extra to use the pool

Excellent base to explore all that the area has from the castle to the ancient city ruins and the not too distant beach. Clean and comfortable room lovely oasis in urban surroundings. Staff and service excellent and would recommend asking for their cheap and efficient airport transfer.

We booked this hotel for 3 major reasons and were highly disappointed in all 3 areas! Reason 1: Have a pool where we could relax after a long drive and tiring holiday: BUT the pool was closed off due to a party from non-guests happening that evening but we were not allowed to even go sit for an hour yet it was unoccupied for 2 hrs after we arrived Reason 2: Relax at the spa and enjoy their services BUT at our appointment time, we were left unattended at the spa reception till we begged for someone to be sent to help us who arrived 10 minutes into our spa time. The people who give services at the spa were "off" so not possible to have ANY services in the spa e.g. manicure/pedicure, massage etc. So no pool, no spa.. Reason 3: Enjoy having a restaurant in the hotel and get good food after the long drive and eventually a good dinner BUT the restaurant didnt serve food on demand yet we arrived very hungry at 4pm. THEN at dinner items on the menu were not there so ended up having an overly simple dinner (3rd reason-to have good food). In addition to these disappointments we faced a few more, -Despite our requests for some silence via the reception, the party at the pool continued till past 11pm and we could hear it in our room as we tried to get some sleep yet we needed to be up at 4.30am to get our plane! -The door in our room couldnt lock at first! (someone came to fix it though)

The room was clean. The shuttle was on time at 5.15am

Smoking on the terrace and pool area spoiled the whole experience for us especially as we had our 1 year old baby with us.

The staff are really friendly and the room was really clean. The hotel in general was kept clean and tidy. The food at the hotel is of a high standard.

The pool didn't invite to swim. The shuttle was working only a few hours in a day, so we had to take a taxi if we didn't want to drive to Rome center.

Good hotel for the price. The food was ok.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Disappointed with the restaurant especially as there were no options within an easy walk.

It was a great relaxing afternoon around the pool. And my wife loved the massage. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Small obsolete noisy rooms, voice from the street and next room clear and loud. A/C not working, either fridge. Difficult to get in and out, bad busy roads, too far from the airport as an airport hotel

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

not a "luxury" hotel as the pictures in booking.com seemed to indicate. The room was very small, no balcony. The bed was uncomfortable with a very thin mattress. The shower was rusty and drained slowly. Nothing worse than standing in a puddle when taking a shower.When sitting at the desk directly under the television, I couldn't even plug in my laptop without having to unplug the television. Although very clean and with interesting, rustic furnishing, this is no more than a motel quality facility.

friendly staff, room was clean

Browse Ostia Antica Park Hotel & Spa traveller photo gallery