Reviews of Hotel Pace Helvezia 4 stars

Via IV Novembre 104, Trevi, 00187 Rome, Italy

#514 of 921 hotels in Rome

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

I picked the perfect Italian feeling hotel here

My first three nights and the air conditioning was perfect. Very cold room. But. If your room is a bit warm and not cold enough there is a controller to adjust temperature lower I could not figure out how to use it. If after ten minutes it does not cool better. Go ask the front desk to come to your room to use the controller to do the adjustment. Fir sure if that dies not work ask them to give you a room with a working air conditioner. I really enjoyed the hotel and the staff. Remember this is Italy. The staff act like Italians. Be accepting. They are good people. Give them a chance to be them selves and accept that

Fantastic plentiful breakfast selections. Location is minutes away from all the popular tourist spots using taxi. Not by walking. Do not try to walk to them

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Very Italian feeling very close to town

Hard to find ice in the rome or anywhere in Italy. If anybody tells you that you can walk in five or 10 minutes to the Colosseum or anything else always times that by 6 to 10 five minutes is 25 to 35 minutes forget walking take a taxi

Really cold air conditioner we had to have the staff adjust it so wet towel colder for us because I couldn’t figure out the the buttons also there is a very big breakfast in the morning

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Cool location and staff, not much else.

Tony Stark had a better internet connection in a cave. The Wifi was so terrible that I was unsure why it was even advertised. I also found it really weird that the hotel had a picture of Jesus above my bed.

The location for this hotel is fantastic: within walking distance to all the major attractions in Rome and a great home base. Breakfast was also good, with a lot of variety and generally good food. I also enjoyed how helpful the staff was at every instance.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

The property is literally in the middle of all the most...

Nothing major but small things such as the shower head wasn’t great and the wallpaper a bit ruined

The property is literally in the middle of all the most famous attractions. Everything is at walking distance, the bus stop is just around the corner if you have to get back to Roma Termini or if you want to get a ride to the Vatican. The staff was definitely the best so far, the guys at the reception are legends and very very very helpful. There is also a terrace where you can view all the city and at night is the best place to go to enjoy some breeze and a glass of wine looking over the city. Is definitely a place worth going if you want to stay in the city centre. Matteo & Catherine

Great location to see main sites of Rome

Didn't dislike anything about this hotel at all.

Fantastic location, very central but quite hotel. Can walk to all major sites easily. Colluseum is just behind hotel and 5 min walk, trevi fountain is 5 min away and Spanish Steps/ Pantheon 5 min from the fountain. Bus to Vatican goes from just around the corner.

A lovely friendly staff team.

Can't think of anything!

A lovely friendly staff team. Breakfasts gorgeous. Our room was clean, fresh and comfortable. Close to everywhere we wanted to visit

I forgot to go to the roof...shame on me

Some changes in bed facilities, pillows and matrices. The room was hot and air conditioner worked poorly.

The staff at the reception was friendly and helpful.

All in all, it was happy 1 night stay .

In the morning I found an army of ants marching from the floor, to the wall, going behind the flushing.

i spent only 1 night and found all what I needed.

The location is accessible to all.

The room is a bit dated. Needs new bedding and the room smelled of stale smoke. There are no outlets near the nightstand of the bed to charge the phone.

The location is accessible to all. The front desk was very accommodating and the breakfast was a nice bonus.

It’s right smack in the middle of all attractions which you...

Since there was a balcony, means that it’s at the roadside which can be noisy with ambulance passing by every minute. Get a room not facing the roadside.

It’s right smack in the middle of all attractions which you can go on foot. We had a room with balcony which is nice for a morning coffee.

Dirties. If you book in third party and get discount, they will put you in to the ugliest room.

Super dirty. I took pictures of the dust. They don't clean. The bed is just two beds joined together and under the bed is a one inch cotton of dust. I got sick because I am asthmatic. The windows are NOT sound proof. In tagalog, salaula at baboy sila.

NOTHING. Even the location is not good. Yes it was in the center but weird location. No near transportation. Even going to trevi fountain is 30 mins walk.

Pleasant stay & great location :)

We were a family of 6 including two little kids. Kind and helpful staff, good breakfast, perfect location in terms of sightseeing, restaurant and shopping options. Rooms were more spacious than they tend to be in Europe. Everything is within a walking distance. Very safe area as well. Highly recommended.

Very good

The hotel was dated and needs a renew. The room was big enough but not so clean as I would like. The second room that we book was a bit better.

The location was really good. Staff excellent.

No big problems, nothing to be amazed

Hotel has main basics but nothing more, I expect basics from 3 star hotel, expect something more from 4. There are no major problems with hotel, however: hotel have physical keys which have to be returned to reception, so it is always known if quests are in the room or not, however 2 nights out of 3 room service came into our room while we were there (one time trying to take afternoon sleep after long walk in Rome), this could be easily solved by having "Do not disturb" signs which are a common practice in most hotels. Sound proof is quite poor as you can hear all other quests in their rooms (+ drunk British ladies singing way past midnight were not helping also, however I am not sure such sound proof is invented to help in this case). Hotel needs renovation in some areas - shower, wallpapers are worn down, reception. Again no major problems, but many areas for improvement.

Hotel location is very good, few hundred meters from Trevi fountain, Colosseum, next to Victor Emmanuel ii monument, 2 km from Termini station. There was wifi, but often with very poor signal. Balcony was a nice thing to have. Breakfast were decent, nothing to be amazed, nothing to be very dissapointed.

Walking distance to all main attractions.

The breakfast was unfortunately under the expectations for a four-star hotel. The bread was not fresh, and the fruit salad was made from conserved fruit. Depending on the room location, the heavy traffic can be quite present in the rooms.

Walking distance to all main attractions.

Great Location, the room was huge with a nice balcony.

Cleanliness and maintenance levels could definitely be much better, there was a lot of dust, mold and limescale in the bathroom and semi-broken things like the shower heads, handles and trash bins.

Great Location, the room was huge with a nice balcony.

Great stay in Rome

Phenomenal location of the hotel, within minutes of all the attractions. Quiet, clean room. Modern bathroom. Nice and helpful staff. Incredible value for money.

We booked Hotel Pace Helvezia after reading the reviews for...

1. The rooms were honestly a bit small. We were travelling with a standard size suitcase each and we had to keep them closed at all times to make some room in the room. 2. The internet was honestly very poor. It logs out even if the devices go to sleep and the bandwidth was pretty low. I did a speed test ( picture attached) .. 956kbps-1mbps was the range. I finally used 4G. 3. The shower in our room was broken. We forgot to inform the staff but figured housekeeping would. But nope it didn’t. This we thought was not right. 4. We were in room 76.. 4th floor corner room with the housekeeping storage tucked in. If you trying to have an afternoon snooze, this may result in a bit of a noisy afternoon.

We booked Hotel Pace Helvezia after reading the reviews for location basically and honestly it was fantastic. Couldn’t ask ask for anything more. Perfectly located.

great short stay

The cleaner just cleaned our bed area and replaced new towel but didnt clean the bathroom.

The room was decent and lovely. got everything we needed and really close to Tervi fountain.

Perfect location, reasonable price, lovely rooftop seating area,

The breakfast could have been better e.g.) the coffee wasn't hot and there was no bread for toast two out of 3 mornings

Th location was excellent very central. The hotel was small enough to be friendly and personal. The roof terrace was lovely too.

Great location with friendly staff but rooms & hotel needs to be updated.

Beds were too hard and the cleaning supplies they use are too smelly. My room smelled like a harsh perfume all night after they cleaned.

Staff was extremely helpful and friendly!

I did lovvvvvvvve this hotel

Very friendly staff, amazing location, wonderful view (my room was located in the 6th floor with and a great balcony). I will definitely stay there if I travel to Rome again. I could walk everywhere. I was really happy with staying at this hotel. The breakfast was great too. they served a great coffee and you will have your own pot of very fresh coffee. I highly recommend this hotel.

a comfortable stay

location is good, but reaching to any metro station takes about 15 mins of walk which is tiring when it's hot.

hotel was old-fashioned, rooms were comfortable and tidy. Breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

i do not think i am ever gonna stay there and recommend anyone..

get ready for the rudeness of the gray haired old guy at the desk . get ready for his italian trash talk behind your back (he thinks you dont speak italian) when you are about to exit hotel despite its your 4th time at the hotel.. Hotel owners should stick with the young stuff (theres only one and he is really helpful guy)

The view and the rooftop and close to everything..

a lot of problems with air conditioning we took 2 rooms in the hotel and when we spoke with the hotel receptionist the answer that there nothing to do. the hotel maintenance is very poor and they must do a big change to get us back again.

The beds aren't horrible, but they are very hard. The AC in our room that we rented was not cold at all, so it being August made it a little uncomfortable to sleep. I also did not say anything to the hotel about the AC because we were only staying one night and by the time we got into our room from exploring Rome all day, it was after midnight & we just wanted to sleep.

The location is amazing. The view from the rooftop is absolutely beautiful. The staff was super helpful. We did notice they change sheets in every room when folks checked out, so that was nice to see & the sheets look like they are professionally cleaned. Breakfast buffet was good, they have croissants, bread, hard boiled eggs, fruit, cereal, cake, meats & cheeses and a few other things to choose from. The hotel itself is outdated, but it's clean!!

Faulty towers

Bit tatty. First room wasn't made up ready so got moved to another room and the air con wasn't working then got moved to a third room with bath but no bath plug .maintenance man came but didn't have right size plug so said we would have to use the shower instead which would have been ok if it had worked . Eventually new shower head was fixed and hey Presto . Washing facility's

Very central to everything . Nice building

A hotel with a great location fab roof terrace with views of the city

They forgot to pick us up from the airport. Which is disappointing when they email us to offer we accepted they confirmed back and then they messed up.

The only good thing about the hotel was location.

As above. Do not want to book through this site again.

The only good thing about the hotel was location. A four star hotel; I don't think so. The fridge did not work, the shower taps fell off. The hair dryer didn't work and the breakfast was frigging slack.

Hotel Pace Helvezia is the best!

I am cranky about background music and would have liked the breakfast room better without the radio in the background, but that's a small thing even to mention.

This was my sixth time to stay at the Pace Helvezia. I always stay there when in Rome. I think it's just the best. It's also very handy to all the things I like to visit.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Super location!!!

Bed was a little hard but we slept fine. Furniture arrangement was a little awkward for plugging in our electronics and made the nightstand a bit in the traffic pattern to the door. Need more place to open up a suitcase.

The location was the star attraction. And I loved the rooftop terrace. Everyone was very helpful with any questions or needs that we had.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

I surprise that this hotel has a bit low score coz i find it...

I thing the cleanes of the rooms should be improved-i found someones hair in new towels.

I surprise that this hotel has a bit low score coz i find it very,very nice. People on reception helped me a lot- i had a problem to connect my phone so they really did them best to help me. Thanks a lot!! Rooms re nice,i asked for a quiet room-i was given one. Bathroom is big( for Rome). Everything was fine!

staff was great.

parking is terrible. had to park 15 minutes away and pay 40 euro. it should be more specified!!!!

staff was great. liked the room. and close to all major rome must sees!

Excellent placed hotel in Rome

No coffee or tea facilities in room

Excellent location, minutes walk from all the attractions. Staff very helpful. Roof top table and chairs for an excellent view of Rome. If I return I would stay here again.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Fantastic hotel.

The staff are very friendly. The location is fantastic, it's so central you are close to all the main attractions. The rooftop terrace is not to be missed. We will be back!

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Excellent Location. A great stay. Highly recommend.

I couldn't find fault, we had everything we needed here.

Location great for walking to sights. The roof top seating area was a delight. Breakfast good. We didn't eat evening meal. Staff were very helpful. Taxis easy to book. Wi fi was fine.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Location is wonderful.

Was a bit noisy, but most hotels in Rome are. Price you pay to be in the center of everything.

Location is wonderful. Rooftop terrace is a nice perk. Rooms were spacious. Staff was very helpful.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

Location is the only reason to book.

It was very noise, also the staff weren't really friendly. in adittion for a 4star hotel very poor breakfast.

The location was perfect. everything was in a walking distance. Also they let us use the roon from 11and not at 1400.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

A well situated hotel, helpful staff ,clean rooms excellent linen service and great breakfasts.

Have a bar in the hotel.

Breakfasts were great Staff were pleasant and very helpful. Reception staff were polite, very helpful and friendly especially Edwardo. Linen service was excellent rooms always cleaned. Brilliant views from roof terrace. Hotel centrally situated and area although busy was quiet at night.

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

The location of the hotel is absolutely central.

The location of the hotel is absolutely central. I chose it because I was there years ago, and I think this is one of the most convenient places to stay in Roma. Breakfast is abundant and varied.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

Explore Rome from Hotel Pace Helvezia.

The rooms of the rest of our group were very warm and comfortable, but my room was cool, there was a problem with the radiator. It didn't bother me, so I only mentioned it on check out.

The location, staff and rooms were very comfortable. Easy walking distance from trevi fountain and pantheon. We had 5 rooms between us so we got a good feel for the hotels facilities.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Pricey - but views and location are fab.

Our room was at the front of the property and there was a lot of noise, I was already aware of the busy road so I took earplugs. I would take some because you never know where your room will be. The busses run through the night and they are loud. Self service coffee machine at breakfast would of been beneficial as the two members of staff were rushed off their feet and it would make it easier for guests and staff to just help themselves, I felt bad asking for more coffee as they are so busy. Price was a big thing for me, I thought it was a little pricey compared to other hotels in Rome I've stayed in, total including tax was €170 for two nights. Including tax I would value it at around €120.

Excellent location - the terrace view is amazing, spent the night having a couple of drinks up there and it was something I will remember forever. Room was a good size with a nice bathroom, bed was quite comfortable. Breakfast was lovely with plenty of food and choice.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

Well located, but that's it!

The building needs to be remodeled urgently. The elevators need to be changed. The room smelled mold, and if I was allergic I had to move out. At the breakfast, there were no eggs, no fruits. There is no restaurant in the hotel, and no roomservice. I don't understand the 4 stars classification.

The hotel is very well located

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Excellent Location

The room was very cold because heating was not working properly. There was an small aircondition in the room and it was not enough to heat the room. Therefore it was freezing in the nights. Lastly, the room price on web site of the hotel was better than the booking.com price.

The location was great, you could walk to Colosseum in 10 minutes, Trevi Fountuain and Pantheon in 15 minutes. The breakfast was included in price and it was excellent.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

Perfect except for the bathroom

Looks like there's something wrong in the hotel's toiletbowl as we're having a hard time flushing it. Also, the shower glass in our room doesn't serve its purpose well as the bathroom floor gets wet after bath.

Location and breakfast is perfect!

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

Location and nothing more.

Hot water should be an obvious thing these days, especially in 4 star hotel. 2 days without shower is not rather a normal behaviour. Twin bed should be twin, not two single falling apart in the middle of the night, with your aslept body on the floor. Yeah. Staff was nice and the apologize was "you should sleep in the night". What did I do at 2 am? Wifi is also a rare breed in this hotel. If you are not a techie, and want spend your time wandering around beautiful Rome, it should be fine. Dear hotel. This is a warning. You can do better I believe.

Location, location, location.

Fab location , helpful staff

The floor was not clean in the bedroom, fluff and hair from previous customers

Fab location , helpful staff

Free breakfast was great, super large bed

Wifi didn’t work when we were there, flat pillows

Free breakfast was great, super large bed

Bello e divertente

Terrazza panoramica stupenda

Everything was excellent, location, staff, breakfast.

Everything was excellent, location, staff, breakfast.... highly recommended

Second stay. Roof terrace has appeared in TV adverts and is spectacular. Would happily return.

Hotel is slightly dated, but most in Central Rome are. Showers are a bit haphazard.

Roof terrace tops all other considerations.

Good location and close to busstop.

A really terrible bed, and a lot of small insects in the room

Good location and close to busstop.

Best location

Best location

The location was pretty central.

It was run-down, dirty, the toilet didn’t work.

The location was pretty central.

Brilliant location minutes walk from major attractions.

Met our needs

Tired decor, need of new bed blankets

Location location location and the roof terrace

Location was superb!

Reception staff were very rude, and demanded a price higher than what what confirmed on booking.com which was very disappointing.

Location was superb!

Roman splendour

The facility was slightly obsolete though still much more modern than the rest of buildings in Rome))

Excellent location and friendly staff

Great Location, not 4 stars

Not clean, medium breakfast, internet didnt work,

Good place to stay for a reasonable price

The beds/matrasses were too hard

Good rustic place, my room had a balcony with a nice view of the city

It’s central to everything you might want to see.

Roof terrace was a brilliant little space to get away from...

Wifi wasn't very strong in bedroom

Roof terrace was a brilliant little space to get away from the busy city.

Amazing hotel, very well located, clean, safe and pretty.

Amazing hotel, very well located, clean, safe and pretty.

great location, bathroom was big, room was small and quaint, trevi fountain 300 meters away :)

my door was broken and hastily re assembled

location is the best you can get

Very good

Overhaul- very good time in the hotel

I recommend it for short period as a tourist. All the great monuments are by walk

Small bed

Amazing stay

breakfast amazing, staff really nice, beautiful room

Right in the very center.

Breakfast was not eatable, most lousy quality of the whole trip.

Right in the very center.

the style and the location

Few personal at the hotel. Only one person at the reception. No one helps with the lougage.

the style and the location

Lady in the breakfast salon

small room.

Lady in the breakfast salon

Breakfast was perfect !

Breakfast was perfect !

Good job that we only had one night here.

The room was disappointingly small, the decoration tired and the bathroom dated and with repairs needed.

Not a four star.

Great location and helpful staff.

Love it 😍

Non

Nice service

Excellent with beautiful memories. Loved it

More tea and coffee in room

Location and the roof top terrace of an evening was a lovely bonus.

Browse Hotel Pace Helvezia traveller photo gallery