Reviews of Palazzo Lombardo

#307 of 615 B&Bs and Inns in Florence

Based on 613 B&B reviews

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Owner responds quickly

I did not know because it was only one night

Nelson Mandela Forum and Firenze Campo di Marte are both convenient. Check-in time can be advanced if you consult. Owner responds quickly to questions.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Our host was so helpful and friendly. She did all she could to make our stay memorable and pleasant.

All was very good with our stay.

Our room was comfortable, quiet, and relaxing. The mini-bar was well priced, and the coffee and tea bar were nice extras!

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Pretty Little Italian Hotel
    • Classic Double or Twin Room - Annex

Nothing in specific to the hotel. Its more about the location, the hotel is slightly away from the Centre and the bus frequency and timings are quite irregular. The hotel in itself is a lovely place, but being on the main road can get a bit noisy at times.

Loved my garden facing room and the classy Italian decor. Tiziana was very welcoming and makes you feel absolutely like your at home. She was very helpful in checking us in early and getting the place all ready quickly. The Toombs are neat, comfortable and adequately equipped with the basic necessities. If this place deserves 9+, it's probably mainly due to Tiziana's hospitality. Thank you Tiziana for everything 😊

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

All the photos reflect another part of the building that is...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room - Annex

All the photos reflect another part of the building that is more upscale. Instead, we were sent to another entry to the building which leads to the basement. The room touted a garden view, but it was really just an unkempt patch of grass and the basement was full of mosquitos. Had higher expectations for the palazzo from the pictures.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

This was a last minute booking since my other accommodations...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room - Annex

This was a last minute booking since my other accommodations didn't work out. They were so lovely and took care of me in a time that was a bit stressful. And the room was beautiful!

No value for money
    • Classic Double or Twin Room - Annex

Reception staff are helpful and warm This is a good and attractive hotel but just in its profile in booking website ! it is far from city center and difficult to use train stations. The lobby is in a separate entrance and you have bad view with so small room .

The accommodation is outside the historical center, but in...

It was difficult to find the correct door in the house, there are no signs, you need to look for a small sign on the porch. Well, very early, "closed" reception, although in our case this issue was resolved.

The accommodation is outside the historical center, but in general it is quite comfortable, the place is quiet and there is everything nearby - bus stop to the center, supermarkets, restaurant, cafe.  We walked on foot and it seemed more pleasant to spend the night there than in an overloaded, stuffy center. The accommodation itself was also very comfortable. We were late, we were waited, of course, we were upset that we were detained by the staff and abused by courtesy, of course, not worth it. Nevertheless, this circumstance characterizes the hotel very positively.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Beautiful hotel, okay location, good stay.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room - Annex

It was a little far from the city centre and main attractions. If walking is not your thing there are busses which were kindly pointed out by staff. Took about 20 minutes to walk into the city.

Air conditioning was great as it was super hot during our stay. Bed was big and comfortable and the hotel was located near a train station - so great if you’re planning on taking day trips from Florence. Hostess was lovely as well and hotel itself was beautiful and clean.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

good stay

I was traveling with my mum (not very young) and it has been hard with main entrance stares because are steep without side support.

I liked the room, the staff and the location

Good memories, many returns in the future
    • Classic Double or Twin Room - Annex

There is no sign on the building, thus it was not easy to find it alough we were on front of the building. Later we could understand the reason that regards to the city regulations that consider it a hostorical building that is protect it by the law. Now, we respect that act and really appreciated. Well done Florance.

First of all, the manager of the place is the most wonderful and helpful person we have met in Italy. The hospitaly was great as well as the building. Historical palac that hold a nice story to hear. So clean, tidy, quite and spacoius. Close to bus stop, train station, and supermatket and few stors. We wished we had more time to stay in. Thank you Palazzo Lombardo

I recommend this place 100#

nothing at all.

I love it all! :) specially my room! it was hue and very nice! our concierge Tiziana was very helpful and very nice! her smile and attitude was 100% Tiziana thank you again! hope to see you again! :)

Very much enjoyed Florence and the owner was very nice to us indeed.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The air con was not working even once attempts were made to repair it. This meant I was sleeping on top of the covers the whole time. I cannot comment on the other rooms but the room we had faced onto the road and it was a little louder than we would have liked. (we were in one of the Deluxe rooms) Although the bus stops are nice and close, we would definitely look to stay even closer next time.

Very much liked the room as it was spacious, very nicely kitted out and the decor etc were very nice indeed. The King size bed as a treat as well. The bus stops were just a moments walk away and stopped in the Piazza San Marco, meaning you are literally a few minutes before you are standing in front of the Duomo

Price quality is in perfect harmony.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room - Annex

The accomodation is beautiful. Beautiful ceilings and and entrance. Rooms are good, Comfy bed. All good! Also the communicatiom is good, lovely receptionist.

I recommend it

The lady at the reception was very nice and helpful. The hotel is small and quiet, perfect for people who doesn't like big impersonal places. The room was clean and comfie with very interesting ceiling. Walking distance to the old town ab.20min but you can also take a train as the train station is just 2 min away.

Great place, great staff, great stay.

No breakfast available.

The location is conveniently near a bus stop. Nice and authentic Italian restaurant around the area. The room is comfortable and clean. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful.

Great option in Firenze
    • Classic Double or Twin Room - Annex

Great place to stay. Super clean, daily cleaning. Big bathroom. TV with cable. Coffee and tea. Next to the Firenze stadium (if you like futbol)

Beautiful Florence!
    • Classic Double or Twin Room - Annex

Everything was excellent. Tiziana met us really friendly, explained everything, asked all the questions. The room was really clean and cosy, the hotel is located in beautiful building in quiet place. Room was cleaning everyday. It is a little bit far from sights (about 30-35 mins walking), but it was ok for us. We enjoyed this kind of trip.

We had a good time in the property
    • Classic Double or Twin Room - Annex

The property does not have support staff 24x7 but only for limited number of hours in a day. Though we did not feel the requirement for anything in particular for our stay.

We got an upgrade in the room, the property was really nice and clean.

Great experience.

Everything went well, the staff was so kind, the only negative thing we have faced was than the bus service was not working well but it has no relation to the hotel.

Great service from Tiziana. Amazing rooms.

Nice classic building and wonderful staff

Couldn't close the curtains, so a bit light in the morning. Also a bit cold but the airconditioning (noicy) managed to get us warm evantually.

Wonderful building and very freindly staff.

our stay
    • Deluxe Double Room

Great place , it is an old villa like facility , with big tall room , great decoration , huge comfortable bed , the decorations and the furniture give the palace feeling . The owner was great , very kind and helpful, fast check-in check out , and even offered us a bottle of proseco for new years (very thoughtful ) room was very clean , good internet they also offered us also a small breakfast basket on the house location is near the footbal stadium , and a half an hour walk from the city enter

Enjoyed our stay in Florence.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room - Annex

Via dei Mille is a bit noisy street especially in the morning hours. No breakfast included (but we already knew it).

Very nice, cozy, clean and renovated room. We felt very comfortable in it. Super friendly and multilingual staff. Free tea/coffee were also free and there were snacks in our room as welcome gift! 30min walking to city centre or 15mins by bus n.17 or 20 (bus stop just 300mt from the hotel). 25mins by bus from Central train station (n. 17 or 11) and few blocks away to the other train station Firenze Campo Marte. A bit pricey but I would definitely recommend this property.

not located in the city center of Florence, stayed for three...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room - Annex

not located in the city center of Florence, stayed for three nights , towels and sheets were not changed at all, had to literally ask for them to be changed , when asked why was it not changed.. the answer was - "it is like a hostel!"

Excellent Room
    • Classic Double or Twin Room - Annex

No breakfast included as advertised in booking.com

Excellent clean room. Fantastic service by Tiziana. Good location from city centre with reliable public transport.

Good, comfortable rooms a short walk from the centre.

Comfortable, clean and a 20 min walk from the centre. Good value for money, although don't expect more than just a nice room and bed to sleep in. Perfect for a city trip!

nice rooms.

nice rooms..!! very classic and nice style.!! it actually looks like a confort palace.!!! not that far from city center a few 30 minutes walk and you reach the domo..!!

Stylish and comfortable rooms with 19th century decor.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Stylish and comfortable rooms with 19th century decor. The woman at reception was very kind and helpful. Not in the city center, but with bus only 10min. Close to the train station Campo di Marte though.

Big clean rooms, nice classic interiors, quite and safe...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Location is 20 mins away from the city centre by bus, quite chilly inside the room

Big clean rooms, nice classic interiors, quite and safe neighborhood

If I had seen the rooms before I booked I probably...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room - Annex

If I had seen the rooms before I booked I probably wouldn't of stayed there. A little to far out of the centre. Florence it self was fantastic and will definitely go back with my husband.

It was quite noisy sleeping next to the main street due to a...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room - Annex

It was quite noisy sleeping next to the main street due to a lack of isolation of the windows. But of course the reason for this is the historic age and charme of this building.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Palazzo Lombardo, a very enjoyable experience in Florence
    • Deluxe Double Room

A great palazzo, former house of architect Lombardo that is now in capable hands of its new owner, Tiziana, a gorgeous full of life and sweet Italian lady. She was very helpful, offering us tips on where to eat in Florence, what to visit and she was at our disposal for any questions. Confortabile spacious rooms, very clean, towels and sheets changed very often, great decorations with a delicate sense of style in rooms and in the lobby of the palazzo. Great WIFI în the palazzo. Quiet residencial area, 2 steps from pastry shop Baldiani, where you can enjoy a nice breakfast, even closer to the bus station to the city centre. 20-30 minutes walking to the city centre through a nice residencial area. Close to Campo di Marte train station and the football stadium. A truly enjoyable experience, plan to come back as soon as possible.

I love this place so much.

I love this place so much. I booked the double room but actually I was traveling alone so I could take over the entire huge bed haha:) The lady at the reception is really kind and nice. She showed me lots of place worth visiting and the way to get there on the map and recommended me so many wonderful restaurants. Actually I chose this guesthouse firstly because I booked the wrong hotel in November and I had to cancel that in a hurry and book a new one and I found this place and turned out it was so beyond my expectation. The room was so fancy made me feel like living in a palace and that's something other hotels cannot compete. The location is quite good but little bit far from center but you can easily take a bus getting there so no big deal. I love it there. Thank you so much.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

A great choice!
    • Classic Double or Twin Room - Annex

The woman at reception was very kind and helpful. The hotel was spotless and comfortable. The location is near lots of cafés and is a nice walk to the duomo. Would definitely come back!

The arhitecture is special.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The arhitecture is special. It s perfect for Firenze mood. It is close to the bus station. For breakfast you have a lot of coffee shops in the area. The girl from recetion was very helpful with recommandations. We loved her smile.

Friendly staff If your air condition is working and you get...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room - Annex

It was very hot and the air aircondition in my room was not working, I was told that it is out of order for some time and some people just do not want aircondition. I was asked to open window which was to internal backyard with heavy cooking smell and full off mosquitos. Finally I got a fan It was a terrible night. After insisting following day I got different room and it was quite nice. To be fare I was not charged for first night, But it was an unnecessary very unpleasant incident.

Friendly staff If your air condition is working and you get a better room it is not to bad

good enough for one night stay in Florenz
    • Deluxe Double Room

receptionist was very helpful & kind although she was not well informed about tours and not fluent in English; gave us some wrong information when reserving tours

very clean with nice italian style

The room was comfortable, clean, well furnished.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Difficult to reach by public transport, little bit noisy from the street.

The room was comfortable, clean, well furnished. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Excellent, warmly recommend Palazzo Lobardo

The room was gorgeous and the overall hotel very stylish. The location was great for what we needed. The staff was extremely helpful. We enjoyed every minute. I warmly recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

nice and comfy place

the location wasn't very good. it wasn't near any attraction but there was a bus stop near the place, with that you can reach the old parts of Florence.

a welcoming and friendly reception. the place was very comfy and cozy. the ceilings were nice and painted.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Amazing place for stay in Florence

Perfect location - only 5 min walk from railway station Campo di Marte. You can reach oldtown by 15 min walk. Very nice super clean renovated rooms, authentic interior details and decorations made our stay very comfortable and really unforgetable. Highly recommended!

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

Large room, nice design, staff was nice and responsive.

No wi-fi in the room, it was reachable ONLY in the reception. The heat system in the room was to loud to let you sleep.

Large room, nice design, staff was nice and responsive. Great facilities that have a common cooking and hang-out rooms.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

Unique design

Small bathroom and no air cond in fall

Unique design

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Great Staff and very helpful with everything

Great Staff and very helpful with everything

It looks like an old "palace" well conserved,...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room - Annex

It looks like an old "palace" well conserved, fresh and clean.

Everything was perfect, clean, quiet, location and of course...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room - Annex

Everything was perfect, clean, quiet, location and of course wonderful staff!

Fantastic stay in Florence
    • Deluxe Double Room

Spacious and excellent staff.

Very nice staff and a wonderful hotel.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Very nice staff and a wonderful hotel. We would definitely recommend.

The staff were very helpful and we had everything we needed.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room - Annex

The parking situation was a bit difficult. Nothing else negative to say.

The staff were very helpful and we had everything we needed.

It was a real palace.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room - Annex

It was a real palace. We felt as we are grand seniors

very friendly hostess.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room - Annex

very friendly hostess. great location for stadio artemio franchi

Noisy room
    • Classic Double or Twin Room - Annex

There is a lot of noise. The guest house is on a main street. WasdDifficult to sleep

Classic style

Really nice bed.

Really nice bed.

Great, travel to Italy a lot, nice appartment booked as my usual place full. Would consider again.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room - Annex

A little pricey , given , no breakfast included.

Good location .Excellent staff approach and helpfulness. Clean , airy room, quiet.

Beautifully decorated rooms

Noise

Beautifully decorated rooms

Incredible building being very well run as a small hotel.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Can't think of anything I didn't like about this hotel.

Fantastic building with only 6 guest rooms. Extreme luxury at a great price.

Not difficult to find, the room is clean and quiet.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room - Annex

Transportation is not convenient. The room is dark, less sunshine, makes the room uncomfortable

Not difficult to find, the room is clean and quiet.

Descent rooms and nice private baths. Located to far from downtown.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Would not accept credit card for all charges. Had to pay the taxes in cash. Not cool!

Very large room and spa like bathrooms

Cozy stay
    • Deluxe Double Room

- Lovely room, especially the ceiling is amazing - Lots of space - Helpful staff, with useful suggestions to get around the city

Would definitely stay here again.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Need to catch a taxi from the train station if you have luggage.

Beautiful original building.

It is a bit noisy place.

It is a bit noisy place.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Heart-warming personnel,fully renovated.

Heart-warming personnel,fully renovated.

Lovely short stay in florence
    • Classic Double or Twin Room - Annex

A bit too far from centre for walking

Receptionist very friendly and helpful

There were extra pillows in th closet!
    • Classic Double or Twin Room - Annex

There were extra pillows in th closet!

Too expensive.

Too expensive.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Very comfortable hotel, and convenient to the sights and a...

Very comfortable hotel, and convenient to the sights and a very good restaurant just around the corner

good choice!!!

no breakfast

nice area....safe...lots of killed mosquitoes in the room

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

• Classic Double or Twin Room - Annex

Beautiful, intricate room with high ceilings and airy feel Incredibly nice and generous staff Right in front of the stadium

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Very good
    • Deluxe Double Room

Very clean place. Nice decoration. Spacious room. Very friendly and helpful staff. Would recommend this place.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2016

Large room, nice design.

No wi-fi in the room, it was reachable ONLY in the reception. The heat system in the room was to loud to let you sleep thus it was kinda freezy in the night.

Large room, nice design.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2016

Lovely large room

Noise from road was unbearable Location is far away from centre

Lovely large room Clean Very friendly staff

• Reviewed: 28 February 2015

Clean ,helpful staff, good value.

Clean ,helpful staff, good value.

There are also 30 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.