Reviews of Palazzo Niccolini al Duomo

via dei Servi, 2, Duomo, 50122 Florence, Italy

#28 of 393 hotels in Florence

9.8

Outstanding experience, highly recommend for a visit to historic Florence.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Everything about this place was great, but the decor and furnishings and physical space are truly fantastic. It is literally adjacent to the Duomo in the historic district of Florence. Another really nice thing was that, within a day or so of making the reservation, the hotel wrote directly to find out what kind of bed we wanted and whether we needed any other assistance in our visit.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Wonderful right next to the Duomo.
    • Double or Twin Room

Fabulous location and staff. We were upgraded to the most wonderful suite with astounding views of the Duomo. The whole experience was first class. When we return to Florence we shall certainly stay here.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Fantastic once in a lifetime experience.
    • Suite

I would not use Booking.com to book property. This website caused mass confusion with owner. The owner began to email me through her personal email for special arrangements, but when I arrived could only locate communication through Booking.com.

Fantastic location and service.

Very comfy bed and pillow.
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was a good variety but the tray with bacon and egg was always cold and nearly empty.

Very comfy bed and pillow. Great location. Lovely staff.

It's twice the price of any hotel I've ever stayed...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

It's twice the price of any hotel I've ever stayed in so I had high expectations. Didn't live up. OK, frescoe on ceiling was nice, location was 200 steps from the Duomo is nice, otherwise, elegant, small hotel

it leaves much to be desired
    • Suite

the mattress had undulations, to be able to enter the room we had to go down and climb more than 50 steps every time even to go to breakfast ... that was very uncomfortable for us because of the small babies and the cars ... apart it is A very high price despite its closeness to the Dome ... In the end Florence is a small city that is not only the Dome but many other things ... The hotel does not have a view of the Dome or the Suits so it is not worth the sorrow. the dasyuno something normal.

mmmm nothing more than a old house of italy

Not as advertised
    • Suite

Stuffy, overly formal. Booked a suite, but was simply one big room- elegant yes in an old world way, but not a suite. Breakfast room too small for comfort while eating. Breakfast selection fairly limited. Communication with hotel prior to arrival very officious, calling my attention to read the small print regarding extra taxes to be charged AFTER having paid in full. Their restaraunt , Donatello, below provided glasses so covered in soap scum it flavored the bottled water. Ingredients of lowest quality for maximum profit. Clearly, designed to entrap the one time visitor who is unlikely to return - so get what cash you can get since they are only tourists passing through. Service from restaraunt staff makes one feel they are doing you a favor. Can not recommend this property to the experienced traveler.

Nice Stay

It's a small hotel in the city center so don't expect facilities like large lobby, swimming pool, gym etc to happen even you're paying 5 star price. But it's fair as it is the old town center. Not a disadvantage after all. From men's perspective: it's pricey; women's perspective: The romance, experience, and atmosphere worth the price.

The location is very nice. Authentic palace for you to stay. Staff is very nice and I asked if they can show me other rooms and they let us visit all. That was very nice of them. The value here is the atmosphere that you can't experience elsewhere.

Elegance in astronomical proportions
    • Double or Twin Room

There was nothing at all that I did not like about this hotel .

It's elegance and serenity. Location was fantastic .The staff were brilliant. Helpful and so so kind to my husband and myself . Nothing was too much for them.

Superbly furnished in classical style, our Suite was...
    • Suite

- On booking.com our Suite was described as having a "view". The suite we were in did not really have a view, it looks at the wall of another building and down below you could just about see the courtyard. I would suggest the "view" description is removed for this suite. - I feel I am being a little harsh but when you pay 4-5 star prices you expect breakfast and afternoon tea to be totally superb. Compared to other 4-5 star hotels it was OK, some items were stale, the choice was limited. - Lastly, I feel the staff have a great opportunity to spend time with introducing the property and explaining it's history to brand new guests - at times we felt the ambience was overly reserved, when it could be warm and energised. Nevertheless a great place to stay for visitors.

Superbly furnished in classical style, our Suite was beautiful, decadent and spacious to the point we wanted to reserve a free day where all we did was soak in the renaissance atmosphere! Reception was helpful for suggesting places to visit. Superbly located next to the Duomo which means all those places we wanted to visit were within easy walking radius.

I was blown away by the fantastically restored historical...
    • Double or Twin Room

I was blown away by the fantastically restored historical palace, with its wonderful international staff. This 13 room home is the most brilliant way to experience Florence. I had a great time.

Magnificent hotel next to Duomo
    • Double or Twin Room

A most beautiful hotel in an old palazzo. We unfortunately missed our first night due to travel delays. The manager kindly upgraded us to a magnificent room that was well beyond anything we expected. Huge room with frescoes on the walls and ceiling, antique furniture, a marble lined bathroom with a view of the Duomo. An excellent buffet breakfast was also provide in an elegant sitting room. Very hospitable staff. Highly recommended!

A pleasure, pure and simple.
    • Double or Twin Room

My only complaint is about something beyond the hotel's remit - the noisy crowds wandering the streets around the cathedral through the small hours at the weekend. Whether tourists or local they were very loud and kept me awake through most of the night, until about 4am Sunday.

The layout of the room, the helpful and very professional staff, the quiet atmosphere and yes, the breakfast croissants. The rooms are clean, neat and tidy. The beds were comfortable without being too soft. The bed linen was beautifying ironed, and the beds were well made each day. The bath was comfortable and the shower was a good size, with good water pressure. The decor was very suitable for a palazzo, and reflected the building. Nothing jarred with the period setting, while being comfortable and accommodating to modern needs, eg wifi.

One of my favorite hotels in the world
    • Deluxe Suite

Parking requires serious maneuvering and I would not recommend hotel parking with a large car

Feeling that it is not a hotel but a old palazzo where you are a guest. View on and proximity of Duomo Frescos from 1700' on the walls Beautiful furniture Brand new huge bathroom with a claw-footed bathtub from which you can see Duomo

Do yourself a favor and stay here!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I have never felt so welcomed by a hotel. The staff bent over backward to ensure our stay was perfect. They even went so far as to help us book reservations to museums and restaurants. All of their service was personalized based on your desires. Breakfast was great ( No one in Italy can cook bacon properly but everything else was in copious amounts and delicious.) Very clean. It felt like a home away from home and I would recommend them to anyone traveling to Florence. Perfect location.

Beautiful cultural break, relaxing, interesting and plenty to see, and listen to.
    • Deluxe Suite

The staff would forget to leave milk and restock coffee but very helpful. No English channels on sky TV at bed time. But slept like a baby.

When you opened the huge windows we could hear the music in the square such as violins etc really authentic. The room literally overlooked the square right in front of the dome with restaurants and coffe shops below. We were in the heart of all the attractions. Closed the windows and couldn't hear a sound. The bed and pillows were so comfortable. The Royal suite makes you feel you are in a palace. Just huge beautiful rooms.

Outstanding

This was a lovely stay, the rooms were beautiful, the staff friendly and helpful and breakfast was very good. The desk gave us a personal recommendation for a jeweler, called ahead to introduce us and we have a truly special experience buying a 20th anniversary gift

Francesca was very kind and helpful.
    • Double or Twin Room

Francesca was very kind and helpful. The Palazzo is beautiful and I highly recommend it, with the fear that it may not be available the next time I'm in Firenze. Many thanks for a wonderful stay!

They were very welcoming - gave us a bottle of champagne and...

They were very welcoming - gave us a bottle of champagne and upgraded one of our rooms to a beautiful suite. The rooms were beautiful and you felt like you were in a castle!

It is a very lovely house with ambient atmosphere

Not easy access by car due to city area transport limitations - but surely it is compensated with the fact you are just a couple of steps from the Cathedral :)))

It is a very lovely house with ambient atmosphere Great location next to the Cathedral and Square

Best hotel experience - Fairytale room
    • Double or Twin Room

The entire experience was life changing. I will now compare all hotels to this hotel, and won't be surprised if they don't measure up to the lofty standards of the Palazzo Niccolini al Duomo. I travelled to Italy with my daughter to celebrate her graduation. It was a already a special trip and this hotel made our experience even more special. Our room was SPECTACULAR!!!! We stayed in a Jr Suite that had original frescoes on the walls, a huge, spread out room with a comfortable sitting area and a four poster bed. It was like walking into a fairytale. I show everybody the photos we took of our room and the reaction is always the same - disbelief that it was a real hotel room since it looks like a room in a castle. The public areas were SPECTACULAR!!! Breakfast was delicious and the staff was wonderful. We enjoyed the treats and coffee that were always available in the breakfast room/sitting area. I fell in love with the Nespresso machine and now have to get one for my home. The staff sent personalized emails before the trip, making me feel like a special guest before I even arrived. What can I say about the location - being only steps from the Duomo made for a welcome treat for our tired, tourist feet. I'm not sure when I'll make it back to Florence, but when I do go, I will stay at the Palazzo Niccolini al Duomo.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Great location, Wonderful Breakfast.
    • Double or Twin Room

Bed was a little hard for my comfort level. Wall and door soiled leading into the bathroom.

Beautiful breakfast room! Wonderful breakfast. Great location.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Fantastic Palace in the middle of Florence. Do not miss this place!
    • Double or Twin Room

Absolutely nothing, was all perfect.

Excellent location, excellent restoration, amazing staff, comfortable rooms, fantastic facilities and amazing home cooked food and snacks. I cannot praise this Palace highly enough, this was a part of our stay as opposed to merely just a place to stay.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

An incredibly, romantic stay at Palazzo Niccolini al Duomo.
    • Deluxe Suite

I could find no fault with anything.

Our room was incredible! One of the finest places we've ever stayed, and so centrally located. The Duomo was so close that we almost felt a part of it (see picture taken out bathroom window). Truly "a room with a view"!

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Best hotel in town!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

A very beautiful old palace with all amenities and services one needs for a royal B&B. Best location opposite the cathedral, all sites in walking distance and perfectly trained, staff, who run the hotel in an aristocratic, family style fashion. Beautiful rooms and lounges well preserved from former centuries and very comfortable today.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Duke of Firenze for a Day....or Week....or?
    • Suite

Geneva and Fillipo are the owners and treat their guests like royalty. It is the best distillation of why I have been coming to Firenze almost every year since 1985.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Wonderful hotel - Perfect in every way

Absolutely nothing

Fabulous location in a beautiful palazzo - very comfortable & quiet - 1 minute from the Duomo - would definitely stay again - feels like living in a home not a hotel

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

Next time we are in Florence, we will stay here again!
    • Double or Twin Room

The location was excellent and our room was very large and had a great view of the Duomo. The staff was exceptional and very willing to help make a dinner reservation or provide local information. The daily breakfast was very good and a wonderful start to the day. I would recommend this property to anyone wanting to stay in the downtown Florence area.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Feel like a noble - Great historic location
    • Double or Twin Room

Included breakfast was adequate but certainly not elaborate like some other places on our trip

Perfect location and a beautiful property. Free room upgrade was a great touch.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Staying in a palace once is a must!
    • Double or Twin Room

The palace is beautiful and so are the rooms. Very well managed property. The owner actually met us and showed us to our room. Staff was extremely helpful and kind. The location is great. Just a few steps from the Duomo. Would definitely stay there again and highly recommend it to others.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

Comfortable. And great location.

No view.

Great location!!

Location rooms and breakfast.

Location rooms and breakfast. Staff were amazing too.

Very friendly welcoming staff , Maura was very nice and...
    • Suite

Very friendly welcoming staff , Maura was very nice and helpful. Nice room and location

Truly amazing stay.
    • Suite

Truly amazing stay. The royal suite was adorned with beautiful paintings and the suite is huge! Loved the location overlooking the duomo!

Unbelievable stay!
    • Double or Twin Room

Unbelievable stay! Amazing accommodations, staff, location. Can't wait to return.

Excellent location and beautiful rooms

Room upgrade and prosecco were wonderful with view of Duomo. Location to museums is excellent.

Wow

There is nothing not to like.

The people were extremely helpful and Mm. Niccolini was wonderful and friendly.

Loved this hotel would recommend it to anyone visiting Florence.

No complaints.

Great staff, great location, and a lovely room with great breakfast.

Great location close to everything

Professional friendly

Mothingoutstandingp

view was spectacular.

room was a bit tired

view was spectacular. Staff was extraordinarily helpful

The royal suite is just gorgeous

The royal suite is just gorgeous

The hotel was lovely and the staff impeccable.
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel was lovely and the staff impeccable. I would recommend this property to anyone. I could not have been more pleased.

Loved it! Will be returning to this property
    • Double or Twin Room

Great service and assistance, brilliant location and ambience

amazing location, beautiful palazzo, very friendly and helpful staff
    • Double or Twin Room

the breakfast could have been better

the location and the palazzo is beautiful

The room was lovely!

The room was lovely!

Wonderful hotel we will be coming back!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Wonderful hotel we will be coming back!

no air in bathroom.

no air in bathroom.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Wonderful location and restored Palazzo!
    • Suite

Bathroom needed air conditioning!

Old World restoration!

Luxurious stay. Will return.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Very large bedroom with large shower and soaking tub. Beautiful antique surround. Wonderful staff.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Fantastic Location, comfortable and inviting hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

Fantastic Location, comfortable and inviting hotel. The staff was extremely helpful.

Beautiful Hotel, wonder experience!
    • Double or Twin Room

amazing hotel and the staff is excellent.

A gem next door to the Duomo
    • Double or Twin Room

The location is superb and the staff is very friendly and accurate. The lounge makes you feeling like home.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

A palace

~Pillows

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

Great place to be in Florence

The ambiance

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Best location
    • Double or Twin Room

Location is in the very center, stuff is polite and helpfull, breakfast was delicious.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Wonderful owner and staff! Beautiful building!
    • Double or Twin Room

Everything! Rooms, dining area and food!

• Reviewed: 10 November 2015

Great location although a little hard to find originally.

Great location although a little hard to find originally. Staff very helpful ( good restaurant recommendations), loved the lady who looks after the breakfasts. Good room and high bathroom. Sitting area elegant and warm. Unique and intimate property.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2015

The hotel has a beautiful salon that is available all day.

I had no bad experiences.

The hotel has a beautiful salon that is available all day. Breakfast is served there. All day, the salon has coffee service with sweets. It's a great spot to gather with friends to plan the day, or just to relax. They have a tray with a variety of alcoholic beverages on the honor system. By the way, the staff is wonderful. The woman that serves breakfast is very nice and friendly.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2015

The place is gorgeous!

The place is gorgeous! The location phenomenal! Walk outside your door and you are at the Duomo! We met friend there and they were upgraded to the "junior suite" I have never been in such a beautiful room, the frescoes that covered the walls and ceiling were amazing! The staff was fabulous! The breakfasts massive and a special thank you to the woman that runs the breakfast room, she was so lovely and made the best cappuccino I had in all of Italy! Loved this place!

• Reviewed: 6 September 2015

We immediately felt very relaxed when we arrived and that...

We immediately felt very relaxed when we arrived and that feeling did not go away. The room was extremely comfortable. The reception staff and the lady serving breakfast were very helpful, especially in the arranging of the two art tours that we took. All in all a really lovely five day break and high lighted with three delicious dinners at Zibibbo 2, which was recommended by one of the receptionists.

• Reviewed: 26 August 2015

A wonderful historic property.

A wonderful historic property. Felt like personal guests in a private mansion. This property is full of history and charm. Lovingly cared for. Can't beat the location. Could see the Duomo from our room. Hope to return some day

• Reviewed: 15 August 2015

Palazzo Niccolini al Duomo is a gem, and a beautiful retreat...

The WiFi service was spotty.

Palazzo Niccolini al Duomo is a gem, and a beautiful retreat in the heart of Firenze! The purpose of our trip to Firenze was to recover from our long flights before continuing on to Cilento, but it turned out to be such a delight. Christina helped us with tickets to several attractions, and without her help we might never have accessed any of them. The entire staff was very gracious and accommodating. We would definitely stay there again!

• Reviewed: 6 August 2015

Very special place, it's more like a home stay in a...

The car park is too small, if you have a mid size or a big car, don't venture into parking at the hotel as it's very difficult to drive in and out of the car park.

Very special place, it's more like a home stay in a erstwhile royal's home. Excellent location as it's just behind the Dumo and bang in the middle of the historic district.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2015

We loved the great location, quiet, service, and beautifully...

We loved everything

We loved the great location, quiet, service, and beautifully appointed rooms. The breakfast service was exceptional. They were even accommodating to a member of pur parties food allergy.

• Reviewed: 23 July 2015

The location is wonderful - right next to the Duomo.

I had no bad experience. My only suggestion is that the breakfast should include something hot.

The location is wonderful - right next to the Duomo. The hotel is luxurious and elegant - like taking a trip back in time to a Renaissance palazzo. This hotel is not for young children.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2015

We LOVED everything about this hotel!

Everything was perfect!

We LOVED everything about this hotel! The location was fantastic, the staff were wonderful especially Cristina at reception who upon our arrival (slightly frazzled as Florence in 40C heat with lots of tourists) she made us feel instantly welcomed & at home...perfect welcome! Also Serena gave us the best restaurants tips which made our stay such a pleasure. Definitely Serena for all your Florence tips. Our room opened up to close glorious views of The Duomo...it was excellent to nip out see all the tourist attractions and within a few minutes be in the wonderful calm oasis that is Palazzo Niccolinin. We are already planning to go back.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2015

You received a "poem of the day" on your pillow...

You received a "poem of the day" on your pillow each evening; were invited to the reading room where there were desserts; the staff was exceptional; and the rooms were impeccably decorated . I would not hesitate to go back to this wonderful hotel!

• Reviewed: 2 June 2015

Location of this small boutique hotel was 100metres from Il...

Just having to leave Florence.

Location of this small boutique hotel was 100metres from Il Duomo, near lots of restaurants and other historical places of interest. The staff were very good in advising us of restaurants and how to get around. The hotel is part of an old palace and many period paintings and furnishings remain for the guests enjoyment.

• Reviewed: 21 May 2015

The Pitti Palace, the Uffizzi the food and the friendliness...

The suite in the hotel did not have satellite TV or enough having space for clothes

The Pitti Palace, the Uffizzi the food and the friendliness of all we met. Some very good restaurants within five minutes walk of the Palazzo

• Reviewed: 18 April 2015

The staff is everything.

The staff is everything. Chamilla will bend over backwards to make sure your smallest whim is catered to without intruding. Very special place to stay. It's my second time back and I wouldn't stay anywhere else. Location is fab and you can't beat the view! (Duomo)

• Reviewed: 25 January 2015

This is an elegant and charming gem right next to Piazza al...

This is an elegant and charming gem right next to Piazza al Duomo. The staff couldn't be more professional and helpful. Lovely breakfast buffet. Our room was upgraded to a deluxe. Would definitely return.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2015

Location was fantastic.

Location was fantastic. The ambience was wonderful. Full of atmosphere. Kind & friendly staff, so helpful. Was like staying with friends. We'll definitely be back and will not hesitate to recommend to our friends.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2016

Staff very friendly.

Staff very friendly. Rooms were excellent. Food was fantastic.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2016

bed was wonderful, the rooms lovely and the breakfast very...

bed was wonderful, the rooms lovely and the breakfast very nice. the staff was very helpful

There are also 17 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Palazzo Niccolini al Duomo traveller photo gallery