Reviews of Palazzo Olivia - Rooms & Apartments

Via Dei Leutari 15, Navona, 00186 Rome, Italy

#840 of 3,048 Holiday rentals in Rome

Our family had two rooms, one of which had kitchen facilities. In addition there is also a small kitchenette on the floor. The location is excellent !

• Double or Twin Room

The squeaky beds... you roll over and makes hell of a noise. Very comfortable though. Could be rubber pads, or something, under the two posts at foot of bed.

Didn't sign up for breakfast, so can't relate. Just around corner from restaurants, and taxi stand nearby. TV being high on wall, was a plus, as easy to look at it. Seemed quiet which nice.

The shower/bath could be better. There seemed to be a leak under the tub leaving the floor of the bathroom quite wet after use.

The location was perfect. The apartment had plenty of space for our family of 4.

• Double or Twin Room

Unfortunately I was disappointed with my stay at Palazzo Olivia. I stayed three years ago and it was wonderful, this time it was not as good. Firstly there no longer is breakfast served and included every morning. They have kept the photos on booking.com which I find misleading. I may have booked an apartment had I known breakfast was not available anymore. The reception was never open or manned. This made it hard to ask questions or get any help. My partner and I were stuck in the hotel’s elevator and it took 20 minutes of yelling for anyone to come to our aid. It was another 30 mins until we were able to get out. We did not receive a genuine apology from hotel staff or any compensation for our ordeal. The construction in the hotel was responsible for the power outage causing the lift to jam but there was no signage to warn people of this after we were stuck in the lift. The hotel was extremely loud. There was construction starting in the early morning all day and then loud hotel guests slamming doors with no sound insulation all hours of the night made for a very loud stay.

Our room was spacious and clean. The location is excellent. Close to the historic center of Rome.

• Junior Suite (2 Adults)

Pictures on the booking.com shows bedroom with a window but there was no window in the room. I had to pay extra for bedroom with window. I feel cheated. Also, do not expect rooms to be as spacious and clean as shown on pictures. There are no working wifi. and almost no GSM signal in the area.

Localization

• Junior Suite (2 Adults)

Very easy to communicate with the owner via email. Appartment with a lot of space and very clean. Very well located in between the Vatican and the Colosseum.

he photos made it seem like we'd have access to a patio deck open to the sky only to find out that the photos are for the owners top floor apartment only. The photos showed the alleyway as very clean however it was filthy dirty with a lot of trash around.

Location was nice. Overall, our stay was acceptable but not not overly memorable.

• Double or Twin Room

When we stayed (April) there was lots of building work going on (I believe the restaurant refurbishment) therefore we did not have the choice to use the restaurant and work was noisy during the day. Most of the time we were out in they so It didn't effect us. Bear in mind this work may very well be completed by the time you stay.

Clean, Comfy Beds, Good location for site seeing and not noisy at night. 10 minutes walk to the Pantheon, 20 minutes to the Trevvi, and 10/15 mins to Castel St Angelo. Piazza Navona is two minutes walk away.

• Junior Suite (3 Adults)

The lighting in the room was very poor - not enough light to read by and only lights on one side of the bedroom. With some very basic maintenance the stay could have been improved - eg the plug in the sink needed a spoon or similar to hold the plug up to allow the water to drain away. The toilet seat wasn’t on straight & had a stopper missing and sounded as though it would break every time it was used. The tap in the kitchen was loose and leaking. The safe was so small it couldn’t be used. The reception was manned only in the afternoon & we felt very uneasy leaving the cases there until we could book in.

The bed was comfortable

• Junior Suite (3 Adults)

Toilet did not work. No tissues in the bathroom. Quite a bit of traffic noise from a main street close by. Breakfast not included despite being listed as part of the booking.

• Double or Twin Room

Check in time could have been more flexible.

We really loved the rustic look our room had. Location was perfect and the complex was so quiet and peaceful.

Wi-fi.

The staff let us store our luggage before check-in and after checkout, gave us some good advices. Good location for bus transport (bus lines 64 and 70 are very useful). But if you like walking, all main tourist attractions are within walking distance.

• Junior Suite (2 Adults)

A wonderful apartment, very central to all sights. Beautiful restaurants literally on your doorstep and excellent value for money.... highly recommended

• Double or Twin Room

For a young couple of heavy sleepers like ourselves the room was perfect but in a city with that many churches you are bound to hear the bells. The standard of the bathroom is not up to that of the junior suite though.

We got upgraded to a junior suite which was pleasant. The bedding is wonderful and the building has a lot of charm. Its location couldn't be better. The area is lively and near all the spots you must see in Rome.

• Economy Double or Twin Room

I've went alone to Rome to solve some things and I've found this place at the last minute. I couldn't be more satisfied about what I was looking for. The location was perfect and the staff was very kind! I'll definitely return to Palazzo Olivia if I return to Rome.

• Double or Twin Room

The place was perfect only small thing is that bed and pillows could be better. But overall was a good stay.

Location, service, acomodation where perfect for the price. Since traveling on a budget, I wasn’t expecting to be such a nice place. A true italian albergo

• Economy Double or Twin Room

Nothing, staff were incredibly accommodating and were there to check us in despite being so late due to trouble with the trains between the airport and Termini station.

Perfect location for our short stay in the city. Room was spacious and bed very comfy (even though was only two singles pushed together)

• Double or Twin Room

The room was quite dark but was clean and had a good size bathroom and the location certainly made up for it.

These apartments were in an excellent location, just round the corner from the lovely Piazza Navona and easy walking distance to all the main attractions.

• Economy Double or Twin Room

How much better can it be than to walk down the street your living in to find the Piazza Narvone just a minute away. Staff very helpful and our upgraded room fantastic value.

• Junior Suite (2 Adults)

The flat I booked specified having a sofa, and had non. The water from the other flats showers/toilets can wake you up in the night, so take earplugs. (I had read this on a review so took earplugs and had no problem.)

The house was very quirky, and in a great location. The staff are very friendly and will book your transportation in advance ready for when you check out. Very comfortable bed n pillows.

No breakfast and other facilities in the building - tv in one of our rooms did not work - shower with little water - reception only occupied in the afternoon. This was for example to leave luggage a bit problematic. Fair to say however that we were able to get in contact with the reception via email bevore arrival. So something could be prearranged. You just need to remember.

Clean and stylish rooms and good location

• Economy Double or Twin Room

The only thing we did not enjoy a lot was the breakfast. There were just few simple things, for a women was ok, but for a big hungry man, it was not enough.

The location was simply amazing, quiet room with all devices, super comfy bed.

• Double or Twin Room

Amazing location right in the centre of everything & a minute's walk from Piazza Navona. Awesome staff who checked me in 2 hrs early with my heavy luggage. Beautifuly decorated, spotlessly clean & quiet room with a super comfy bed. I absolutely loved my stay & will definitely be back!

• Double or Twin Room

Excellent location, right next to Piazza Navona. Lots of Restaurant near-by. Around 10-15 mins walk to the Roman Forum and Colosium. Property was clean and staff helpful. Lady at the reception helped us book a cab to the airport on the day of our departure, special thanks for that.

• Double or Twin Room

Quilt cover could have been a little bigger and stronger air conditioning but it was 36 degrees when we were there.

Great central local, friendly welcoming staff

• Double or Twin Room

The manager on arrival was rude, was a mix up with bookings, even after we explained it had been changed last year, spoke rudely in Italian thinking we did not understand. No notification prior to the arrival was given that there might have been a problem from the hotel directly. All relevant documentation we had lined up with what we thought we had confirmed. We received a confirmation from booking. com for the dates we had booked and the others we had cancelled. Was not impressed with the welcome we received and certainly not happy with the way in which he was commenting about us in his native language, as though we were dumb tourists who did not understand.

The hotel was convenient to all locations we needed to travel to. It was clean, simple and served the purpose we needed it for. Breakfast was good, and breakfast packs were available if you were leaving early. Very quiet location away from late night noises.

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel was easily accessible by bus from the train station. It is in a great location - within easy walking distance from all of the main attractions. It is surrounded by places to eat and several supermarkets are close by. The bed was extremely comfortable. Staff were friendly. Breakfast was quite simple but adequate. Overall - a great place to stay

• Double or Twin Room

The service, location, size and cleanliness of the room were all brilliant! It was a perfect stay. Really made our experience that much better. Everything was well within walking distance and the staff helped with anything we needed. 10/10.

• Double or Twin Room

Palazzo Olivia is situated in a very good location. You can walk to all popular sights and if needed take a public transport as a bus stop is just few steps from apartments. After a hot summer walk, getting back to the room with the air conditioner was a joy. Very friendly and helpful staff.

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was a bit limited with not a huge selection going on at all. Also, the area where breakfast was served was a little cramped and claustrophobic albeit quaint. The welcome we received by the hotel was pleasant but rushed and a little abrupt which disappointed me quite a lot as this was my first experience of the hotel and it didn't set it up how I'd imagined.

The location is perfect for visiting the central sites in Rome. The rooms are nice and spacious with everything you need for your stay. Nice touch with the range of toiletries in the room and complimentary bottles of water in your room on arrival.

• Double or Twin Room

The staff were very friendly and always happy to help. Breakfast was delicious every morning and our room was lovely and cosy with plenty of storage for clothes and a big comfy bed! It is in the perfect location with a 15 minute walk from everything. It is also a 30 second walk to plenty of restaurants selling yummy food. It was amazing and we cant wait to come back - we would definitely stay here again!

• Economy Double or Twin Room

Not really a double bed. Two singles strapped together and matress not comfortable. Also the room is not fully sealed so mosquitoes could get in

Friendly staff. Good location. Nice buffet breakfast

• Economy Double or Twin Room

Entrance is a bit hard to locate if its your first time in Italy.

Very friendly stuff, I arrived in the morning and they are kindly enough to open receiption (outside hour) for me to leave my luggage for checking later, also provide a breakfast box since I wasn't able to have breakfast (included in the booking) the next morning.

• Junior Suite (3 Adults)

The childs bed, was very uncomfortable and room was too small for queen size and extra bed.

Lady at reception very friendly, helpful, spoke very good English. All breakfast staff welcoming, helpful #fantastico

• Double or Twin Room

The acomodation is very simple with only the basic bed and toilet. I dont find that is worth the money. My bed was not a double bed was just two bed put together wich I realy hate, and was not a very confortable bed either.

It is close to the piazza Navona. There are pleanty of places where to eat and have a drink

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Junior Suite (2 Adults)

There was nothing we did not like about this establishment.

Fabulous location, could not have been any better. Breakfast was lovely with fresh baked pastries. Very private, no hustle and bustle of guest coming and going through the foyer, we felt like the only guest there but the hotel was full!

• Double or Twin Room

I liked everything, I was only annoyed by the light coming from the stairs, I could see it due the fact that there was a glass on top of my room door. That woke me up during the night.

Perfect location, friendly staff. I would definitely recommend it.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Perfect location close to piazza navona amd taxi stand. Great communication from staff to check in and orientation/welcome. Cute room with balcony

• Junior Suite (3 Adults)

Staff very helpful, seeing to all our needs and giving useful tips about the neighborhood. The hotel's restaurant-Taverna & Vineria- is one of the best eateries we went to, excellent food and super friendly service. Worth a visit even if not staying at Palazzo Olivia .

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Very small shower cubicle in the apartment we were in (apartment 6). Very weak wifi (if at all) in the room/apartment (might be ok in downstairs areas, but we didn't try; just bought and used own SIM card/ internet connection).

Excellent location (close to Piazza Navona), great restaurants in the area, taxi stand nearby.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

• Junior Suite (3 Adults)

Terrible breakfast. The sporadic opening times of reception is problematic. Not much water power in the showers.

Very clean, lovely staff, fabulous location, warm.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

• Double or Twin Room

I asked for a double bed and we had 2 single in 1!

Very good location! Just 15 minutes from Plazza Venezia and Pantheon!! Very friendly staff, good breakfast, nice rooms!!

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Better directions! The ones we received were a bit confusing and made references to streets irrelevant. That said when we mentioned this to the staff they produce a map and put it on the main door which shows they did listen. We struggled not having a bin in the room (was one in the bathroom) as making a hot drink tends to create rubbish. Also the tea/coffee was not replenished over the stay and we couldn't work the safe in the room. This didn't spoil anything though.

Location was absolutely superb. We couldn't have had better. Breakfast was decent if a little limited. We did appreciate having a fridge in the room and the shower was nice and warm with a decent pressure considering we were top floor.

• Double or Twin Room

As a married couple we requested a double bed instead we got two single beds with a double topper. The beds came apart and caused us both to have bad backs where the beds desperately need replacing. After a day of walking you need a rest.

Perfect location. In between the colosseum and Vatican. Both only a 15 min, stroll from the hotel.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Sometimes quite loud noises in the pipes.

Great location, friendly and helpful staff, clean rooms, typical continental breakfast, well-functioning wi-fi. Everything great!

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

No key for the safe

Friendly, helpful staff.good restaurant.Very kindly left me a breakfast basket in my room because I had an early departure before breakfast was served.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Lighting in the living room of the apartment could be better. It was adequate for our purposes though.

Excellent location, comfy bed, spacious apartment, excellent service at the restaurant.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Superb location for the Pantheon, Campio di fiori and bus transport routes - Good spread on the breakfast. Close to some great little restaurants out back

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

• Junior Suite (3 Adults)

This is a bed and breakfast apartment not a 3 star hotel which is being shown here on booking.com. No admin most of the time and very limited hours of availability. We had our taxi driver phoned the manager to open the door upon our arrival at 730am. Very limited time of operation by their front staff. We complained about the room's cleanliness but they insisted that they already did and told us that they will clean it next day. The apartment manager is not really helpful but just offered to say sorry on our last day of stay when we showed how dirty the towels were which we used for cleaning the apartment.The cleaning staff are also the apartment breakfast server. They don't really clean but just change bedding, towels and throw garbage. No real cleaning of floors, tables etc. The layout of the kitchen is very tight so you don't really have a kitchen but just a walkway with sink. When you open your window in the inner corridor of the building you'll smell foul odor from the bottom floor which is probably their garbage storage. We specifically rent this apartment because they can provide 3 beds for 3 people but their 3rd folding bed is so bad that it will fold up in the middle of the night. If you sleep on it you should not hit the middle part of the bed because it will suddenly fold up. The door of the apartment is also blocked by another outer door so it is a bit tight to get into our apartment. The hot water on the shower also is inconsistent. It sometimes gets cold in the middle of your shower plus the drains has some problem as the water stagnates for some time before it will flow out of the shower drain. The wall insulation are also thin as you can hear all the neighbor's noise whenever they speak.

Location of the apartment is good but not excellent. Its in the center of the Rome tourist area but it's in a small alley and you need to prepare yourself so you know how to locate it. For the price, you can get a more decent 3 star hotel for this. Free breakfast was just ok but nothing to rave about. It has an elevator but a small one. Only 3 person max can fit in. It has a TV but mostly Italian channels. It has a small safety box.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept in!! I woke up feeling like ran over by a truck. And pictures online do not quite resemble the truth.

Location is really good.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

As with many hotels in Rome, there is no parking so if you have a car then it is going to be an issue.

Great central location for sightseeing. 15 minutes walk from Vatican City, 20 from Colesseum. We got nice upgrade to room with small kitchen which was nice...though we didn't use anything except the kettle!

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

• Junior Suite (2 Adults)

- staff were responsive and helpful - 1 bedroom apartment was spacious - location is fantastic with excellent cafes and restaurants in the area and close to main attractions like Trevi, Piazza Navona and Campo Fiori, St Peter's and HopOnHopOff bus stop

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Palazzo Olivia is a pleasant hotel, only fifteen minutes from the St. Peter's Basilica and other seeing attractions like Colosseum/ Circus Massimo or Fontana di Trevi... What we also liked best were the breakfast and the very kind service of the female staff. Thank you!

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

We think that the hotel had to comunicate a telephone number to the guests to use in emergency situations like lost keys, get stuck into elevator because we didnt have a reception all the times. Be carefull if you want to use the transfer from aeroport because they not been there when we arrived and it happened with another couple that we met at the hotel.

The location is perfect, breakfast is very good ,with eggs, hot beverages,fruits, cereals, and my room was big with a kitchen and a living room inside.

Office hours inadequate. Air conditioning and implausible reason why it wasn't working. In 2nd room it wasn't even wired in.

Location. Pleasant girls in breakfast room. Adequate breakfast.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Very noisy as near a main road. Breakfast choice limited. Mattress and pillows old. Aircon not working for 2 days and fridge never worked.

The girls who worked here were delightful and it was well located near Piazza Navona

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The aircon unfortunately was not working- due to the earthquakes. I'm sure it was a once off and we were unlucky with the timings but it did make it a little uncomfortable in our room.

The location of the property was fantastic. It was just around the corner from all the bars and restaurants. It was in a superb spot. Breakfast was included and was also great start to the day!

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

• One-Bedroom Apartment (2 Adults)

Air conditioning was not working in the room, not to much of an issue for the time of year we visited but would be in the heat of the summer months.

Location is perfect for all the places to visit and surrounded by really good restaurants at very reasonable prices all in easy walking distance

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Unfortunately the air conditioning wasn't working. However we appreciated being moved to a room with a window which gave us some outside air which helped.

Excellent location and very friendly staff. Breakfasts were great.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The check in/out process could be better. We were knocking, calling and ringing the reception bell for 15 minutes before someone appeared. The after hours contact person didn't answer their phone at all.

Great location!

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

• One-Bedroom Apartment (2 Adults)

The hotel is a bit hard to locate as there is only a brass plaque on the wall.

The staff were very helpful and friendly. the hotel is located in a great spot with all historical attractions within walking distance. Our room was very quiet. Hotel was easy to get to by public bus from the central train station. The room had lots of character.

• Reviewed: 1 July 2016

• One-Bedroom Apartment (2 Adults)

Nothing everything was great.

The location was very central. The staff were very helpful and the standards excellent. The breakfast was good for a continental breakfast plenty of choice. The apartments were clean and we'll appointed. The bed was extremely comfy and the air con worked.

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

• Junior Suite (2 Adults)

WiFi strength in the room was non existent in the bedroom. This is my only gripe otherwise this place would get 10 out of 10.

Just a fantastic place, perfect location with bars and restaurants as well as all the main attractions at your door step. Perfect little restaurant combination for breakfast where the girls make a fantastic coffee. I would not hesitate staying there again.

• Reviewed: 20 June 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Two early mornings in a row, very intense noise coming from the corridor, waking me up abruptly. I reckon it was the cleaning staff or some other hotel staff getting their tools out of their closet getting ready for the day's work. But this ruined my sleep for the two nights I stayed there....

Good room, in top location.

Stayed in May 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The property is in a great location and the staff was very helpful during our late arrival. Great commication all the way.

• Double or Twin Room

It was within walking distance of all the major attractions and sites.

• Junior Suite (3 Adults)

Noise as we left the windows open

Location was great as it was walking distance to all major tourist sights

• Junior Suite (2 Adults)

Excellent location. Good value for money!

Shower did not have good stream

• Double or Twin Room

The location is perfect, right in the heart of Rome. The staff where very friendly and helpful! The room was comfortable and well kept.

Our room had a very noisy boiler

Conveniently positioned

There isn't.

The room was perfect and extremely comfortable.

• Double or Twin Room

No communal area/lounge to sit, maybe meet other travellers

Perfect location, elevator which is great.

the bathroom

the location

• Double or Twin Room

WiFi weak in certain parts of room.

Room very clean and spacious. Checkin smooth and easy. Great location.

Browse Palazzo Olivia - Rooms & Apartments traveller photo gallery