Reviews of Hotel Paradise 2 stars

Via Gavinana 2 , Vatican City - Prati, 00192 Rome, Italy

#641 of 921 hotels in Rome

The Staff Destroys This Place
    • Single Room with Private Bathroom

First of all, it was extremely difficult to find this hotel. Oh my god, I just don’t understand. Is it so hard to make a sign? There are hundreds of complaints on Booking, but they still cannot make it. The question is why? I was going circles for like 15 minutes. When I finally found it, I was a bit angry, nervous and, of course, tired. And then one of the worst moments in my life took place. I have never in my life met such a rude person in the Hotel industry. He was one of the workers. As I’ve already told, there was no any sign on the building, I was hesitating. I saw the door phone and pressed the button, but there was no any light or sound, so I did that three times, when I finally heard somebody. That was him. When he saw me on the ladder, he started yelling at me. He was like: “what are you doing?”, “what have you done?”, “I don’t understand, stop it”. You know, I was listening to THIS for 10 minutes at least. I told him that I’m really sorry. He answered: “You’re sorry and what? That’s not an explanation”. I felt so bad at this moment. I just wanted to leave but I could not because I would lose my money. This person is shameless and I wish I could know his name because people like him do not have a right to work with other people in places like hotels, restaurants and etc. If it is important for the administration and they read Booking, he is bold, middle-aged and he wears glasses. He was working on the 6th of June. Secondly, people at this hotel just do not speak English. Nobody. The interaction with the staff was non-verbal. We live in the 21st century, and when people in popular and international destinations like ROME do not speak English in hotels, I mean, they do not speak even any basic phrases... that’s... well... weird. Thirdly, the staff in this hotel allow themselves too much. For example, they could enter your room while you are here. I was talking on the phone one morning, then I heard that somebody was knocking.

The host were incredibly welcoming, nice and helping.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The host were incredibly welcoming, nice and helping. Breakfast was more the enough-cereal, yoghurt, pastry, coffee, toasts. Room is spacious, we had a couch in addition to the big king bed. Location was very nice- 3 minuted to metro station going straight to train station, Colosseo and all the main attractions. Vatican is just 20 min walk, or 1 metro station away. Again-hosts are the best!

Great location for the Vatican and bus tours
    • Quadruple Room

Found it difficult to find as from the outside there is no signage of a hotel! Found the street easy enough, but you have to check the number of the property (this is an apartment block where a section has been turned in to a hotel). Don't be put off though, it's still a great place to stay.

The hotel once found was very good value for money, and the staff were excellent despite the language barrier (they only speak a little English). Location is great for the Vatican, and if your going on a bus tour your in the right area. There is no bar and breakfast is simple.

good room for such price
    • Economy Double Room

Bad internet. Also, wi-fi was not reachable in our room, we had to sit in the reception from time to time.

good breakfast. A bit small rooms, but with comfortable bed. Air-condition is present in the room.

Good city hotel in a good location
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The greeting was a little shocking, we are 45 minutes late arriving and we thought we weren't going to be allowed in!

The hotel was in a great central location with easy parking in the area and the hotel were really helpful with both local restaurants and parking

Friendly and welcoming owners.
    • Economy Double Room

Breakfast was so so and the rooms are not very well soundproofed.

The owners were extremely helpful and nice people. They went the extra mile to help us in our stay. They provided us with amenities that were not included in the price of the room free of charge.

A good Rome deal!
    • Economy Double Room

It's clean, cozy, close to metro & the main plazas, nice breakfast! You have plenty of restaurants close to the Pension and you can walk to the city center without problems.

Good location for those, who want to reach Vatican or Stadio...
    • Single Room with Private Bathroom

I do not know why, but in a day before check in, booking informed me that this property had declined my reservation. Booking asks me for review now, but I am able to rate the location only.

Good location for those, who want to reach Vatican or Stadio Olimpico.

I would definitely stay there again in the larger room with wifi.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

No amenities other than little soaps in bathroom. No vending machines or ice. Wi-Fi only in a couple spots. Rooms colors needs to be more neutral. Stayed in a bright orange room, a bright lime green room and a yellow room.

The staff was very friendly. Location to major Rome attractions was amazing. Metro close by.

Everything was very clean and comfy.
    • Single Room with Private Bathroom

Luggage storage only until 1pm. My flight wasn’t until 9, so perhaps this could be improved on.

Everything was very clean and comfy. The service was super friendly. About 10 minutes from the vatican museums, perhaps 15 from castel sant'angelo, piazza del popolo also in walking distance.Coffee and breakfast pastries were very good.

Value for money stay

The bathroom had an odd smell and could have been cleaner.

Simple, comfortable apartment in a good location with easy access to public transportation. The hosts are helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

The best vacation in Rome

The place is near the metro and around 30 min waking from the most important things in Rome. The rooms are very clean and they have modern furnishings. We had breakfast and free wifi. The hosts make you feel like home, and if you have any request they will try to help you the best way they can. We thank Giovanni and Fiore for the kindness and the smile they put every day.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

It is a very nice place to stay in Rome. The rooms are very clean and well furnished. The location is perfect for using metro. Last but not least, the staff is very friendly :)

He didn't accept to make early check in , even didnt accept to let us leave our bags in the hotel

The manager , reception , maskface

Pleasant !
    • Family Room with Private Bathroom

Nice area ! Really close to Vatican. Señor Giovannie the host was really helpful! Highly recommend it !

We really like it the staft there is was so friendly and...

We really like it the staft there is was so friendly and helpful.. we want to go back in the future.. Thanks for everything.

Clean room.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Wifi did not work in the room.

Clean room.

position

size of the room

position

Great place for families.
    • Family Room with Private Bathroom

Nice place and short walk to lots of shopping and some city sites. Good breakfast. Comfortable bedding. Great staff and service.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

The host was very helpful and our room was cleaned every day.

The host was very helpful and our room was cleaned every day.

nice location

nice location

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

great place to stay

nothing that is actually disappointing

very well located and nice property

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

I come back

room near the breakfast room

Bed was good

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

The non existant Paradise Hotel

If there was a hotel...

We had no breakfast as there was no hotol at the given address. Even the locals knew nothing of it.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2016

- good location - 15 min walk to Castel Sant' Angelo...

- old fashioned - no stuff, only present on check-in, but then we waited 30 min for her to come - they left a phone number so you can call in need, but not answering - beacuse there's no one there, you can't leave your luggage after check-out time (after you go out of your room at check-out time you can put your suitcase in the hall, take the keys with you and then come back later, open the door, take your suitcase and put the keys on the reception desk and then leave - and you can hope that none of the guests will take your luggage or something that's in it :)

- good location - 15 min walk to Castel Sant' Angelo and Vatican museums - safe and quiet neighborhood - metro and bus station in front of the building - if you are coming from and going to Fiumicino airport it's convinient to take a SIT bus (SIT bus station is 5-10 min walk away) - good choice of cafes, restaurants and stores near

• Reviewed: 16 October 2015

the staff was very kind and helpful.

the staff was very kind and helpful. she waited for us until we arrive for our check-in. the place is near the vatican and the metro stations so you have an easy access to all the beautiful places in rome.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2016

The staffs

The co-operation between hotel & restaurant for our breakfast is not good we can't take it during the staying!

The staffs

Decor tired, shower did not drain away staff not very helpful

Decor tired, shower did not drain away staff not very helpful

• Reviewed: 26 October 2015

location .

location .center for what I like.

There are also 15 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Hotel Paradise traveller photo gallery