Reviews of Parkhotel Laurin 4 stars

Laurin 4, 39100 Bolzano, Italy

#2 of 29 hotels in Bolzano

9.7

• Standard Double or Twin Room

When we arrived at the parking space of the hotel there was a dodgy person asking for two Euro. First we thought this person is parking guard, however, we didn't pay him. We reported this to the hotel stuff but they didn't do anything about this. Shortly after we complained, another dodgy beggar was hanging around the entrance to the parking space.

We were received by very friendly staff and got immediately an upgrade. The room was very spacey, we had a bathroom and a separate toilet. The breakfast was excellent and the location of the hotel is just perfect. The hints from the hotel staff about where we can eat met our expectations.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The mattresses are a little old. They are an old spring type vs the more modern latex uniform orthopedic ones but comfortable enough. On one side of the property the park is in a questionable neighborhood - safe but require keepings one guard on.

Very nice old style luxury. Staff know their property and where everything is, beautiful park on the property and great breakfast

n/a

The dining area was exquisite. Really comfy bed. The room had everything you would need to make it so much more pleasant. Lovely park at the rear of the hotel. I was upgraded as well.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Our room faced the street and was a little noisy, especially the first night when we had our windows open (because the room was a bit stuffy when we arrived). It was fine the second night, with the windows closed. Also, something that bothered me ( my husband could care less!) was that the door to the bathroom made it very awkward to go in and actually use the toilet. The breakfast room was a bit crowded (seats too near buffet areas), but the breakfast choices were plentiful.

We loved the hotel grounds (parklike setting with swimming pool behind the hotel); beautiful trees and flowers were all in bloom. The room was spacious and stately and the service was good. I needed an extension cable for my CPAP machine and it was waiting in the room when we returned from dinner. They provided a discount for the parking lot located across the street.

I had an uncomfortable part at the time of the stay, and I hope that if I visit again next time, it will improve. Thank you the best hotel in Bolzano.

The scenery is really beautiful beyond the window. It is a wonderful hotel to match the nature.

Nothing worth mentioning.

There´s a sense of panache and ”good old times” about this hotel – you might think that you´d come to an old-fashioned five star place of the belle epoque. But here you don´t have to handle porters or piccolos and you´ll met no uppish noses, merely correct and helpful attitudes. The backside of the building hides a small botanic garden! A bar is stretching out its service under the big trees, and you´ll have some sculptures to enjoy while looking around. The standard room that we got was very nice, situated on the top floor with a view. It was rather spacious and had a ergonomicly designed bathtub to use if you need to relax after a day in the mountain trails… The breakfast left nothing to wish for, really. Unsweatened yoghurt, fresh fruits and dito juice to our satisfaction, bacon and croissants to others.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The bell knocks every hour at night. A little noisy for me. Quite a lot of homeless smoke at the park near the hotel which makes walking a brave event.

Good location to the city centre and good breakfast

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I always stay here when I am in Bolzano and it is always a wonderful stay. Rooms are bright and spacious, bed comfortable and good sized bathroom. The bar's terrace overlooks the beautiful gardens and the girl serving was extremely friendly. Restaurant food is a high standard, and staff there were all friendly. Overall a beautiful place to stay.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Eggs and bacon were disappointing at breakfast.

Location was fabulous. The hotel and it's facilities were excellent, and I really loved the bar area and the garden. We had an upgraded room and were extremely comfortable.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Restaurant was pricey, we didn’t try it.

Beautiful grand hotel with old world charm. We had a room with lovely views of the church and mountains. Breakfast was excellent, one of the best we had in Italy. Wide range of food to suit every palate. Good choice of teas, tisanes on top of the coffee. Good for people who don’t necessarily drink coffee for breakfast. Easy walk from train station.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The parking is across the road from the hotel and costs 17 Euro per night.

We got an upgrade to a room with a sauna. This is a grand hotel with wide staircases and passages, although getting a little old. Room facilities were of a high standard. Slight electrical problem with the light switch in our room.

AC wasn't working, only 1 old slow elevator

Perfect location, good facility tho old, very good bar, friendly personnel, very large bathroom, clean rooms

Almost all members of staff were cheerful and welcoming throughout the hotel, but the team at breakfast need to smile more - one of the older members of staff who was there most mornings had a noticeably curt manner with guests and she seemed to have a dampening effect on the other, much younger, wait staff. Maybe the morning team is overdue for some investment in leadership development?

Well run, beautifully presented, exceptionally clean. Location is ideal for local touring. The dining room and bar are tastefully decorated and relaxing spaces to enjoy. The garden is an oasis of peacefulness and a pleasure for a stroll even in winter. Breakfasts offer comprehensive choices. My room looked north towards the distant mountains. Double-glazed windows ensure warmth and insulate against noise. I would definitely stay here again and have recommended my family to do so too.

Fantastic historical building, charming environment and awesome jazz events program. The whole facility is silent although in the city center and the breakfast is in perfect "Alto Atesino" style with high quality local products

The whole hospitality experience. It reminds me an Italian version of the 'Budapest Hotel'. Unexpected, delightful, warm and friendly. Highly recommended.

I only stayed 1 night so nothing stood out

Great location within walking distance of the Gondola and the museum with the ice mummy. Staff were friendly, the room was nice and the breakfast was great

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

We specifically chose this hotel for Christmas so we could enjoy lunch in the restaurant. We were totally jibbed and they stuck 10 tables into a crappy lifeless function room and still charged us full price and didn't even include water or coffee. Absolute rip off and really really angry about how it turned out

The building is beautiful

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Bed was very uncomfortable and small for 2 people. The 2 night stay was definitely overpriced. Breakfast was difficult to maneuver in the small space.

Centrally located.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Near the lobby, in the fireplace room was a heavy smell of smoke - whether from the fireplace, or from cigarettes.

We got the upgraded comfortable room with big wardrobe room and extra sofa. Very clean, with fantastic view and vintage windows. The parking is just in front of the hotel with reduced parking costs. Very good breakfast.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Lack of help with luggage

The room was beautiful, large, very comfortable and well lit. The hotel’s restaurant is world class. The only drawbacks are the lack of any sign or offer of a bellman for help with luggage, surprising in a 4 star hotel. Also, no concierge. The staff at the front desk do their best, Alll at front desk speak good English, German and Italian.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

There was a smell of cigarette smoke in the corridor sometimes, and from there it came occasionally even into the room.

Just splendid in every way. Definitely the hotel of our choice when visiting Bolzano next time.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Nothing of consequence. We kinda wanted to buy a copy of the Beethoven symphonies. We will recover.

We liked the art and information about the art in each room and also through the Hotel. The front desk service expecially Nadia was great. The parking assistance was nice. Great breakfast and the silver service is a nice touch in a beautiful room. The waitresses at our breakfast were very good. Neat bar too.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

This excellent, classic European hotel has improved since I stayed there a year ago. And I thought it was great before! The large rooms are luxurious and grand. The lobby and common areas have a dignified and stately feel. The staff are professional and efficient while still being kind and thoughtful. The restaurant is spectacular for dinner and for breakfast. The restaurant staff are poised and knowledgeable. The lobby lounge is classy and comfortable. This is a hotel that you will remember fondly.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

My husband and I spent two nights here and loved it. While it is a bit spendy, the location cannot be best. The staff was very friendly, though we didn’t see much of them because we were out and about exploring Bolzano. We would definitely stay there again.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

No ramp from front (5 steps). Front desk balked about staying til 12:30pm when wife sick. Elevators a bit slow.

Near train station. Front desk helpful with info on check in. Very good breakfast. Clean.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

The unfriendly and unhelpful reception desk staff. Staff at restaurant were friendly and helpful.

Extremely central. Great old fashioned building. Great rooms with enough space.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The room was nice enough, but the common spaces/lobby furniture are shabby and dated. Parking is across the street in a pay lot; better than nothing, but not ideal. Carpets in elevator were not clean. The quality of the hotel did not justify the price, I.e. It was not a good value.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Everything was fine except for not very king personnel at the breakfast room. They always seemed to be in a bad mood

Bed very comfortable, cleanliness top, excellent breakfast, bathroom facilities could be improved (a better shower- water pressure...)

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

I love the hotel . My third time there. I always stop there on my way to Greece and back to Norway. I will come back again and again with my two dogs. The most dog friendly place Hotel I know . And the feeling of being in a Agatha Christie play is present . I love it!!!

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

The hotel is very well located. Staff were extremely helpful and the room was spacious. Breakfast was excellent and the hotel décor added to the overall experience.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

No coffee in the room (although specialist teas were provided).

Lovely old building, well maintained, in a central location. Relaxed, genteel ambience with friendly efficient staff. Fantastic breakfast and the room was spacious and flawless.

Nothing negative ....

Extremely nice and stylish hotel, in a back in time style.But so well kept.Amazing bar with my best Gin&Tonic ever:)Wonderful Garden Restaurant and amazing breakfast and a wonderful room.Very friendly ,serviceminded and professional staff..

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Some noise from lift in my room which was adjacent to the lift.

Incredibly comfy pillows and beds. Very convenient location. All the staff were very helpful. They provided secure storage for my bicycle. Excellent breakfast. Nice decor in the rooms and the hotel - it still maintains its 1910 elegance. Beautiful garden with its own bar and restaurant.

Reception staff were a bit offhand with their service and slow to help us with parking when we arrived … it isn't easy to get to by car.

We enjoyed a stunning meal outside in the garden. Waiters were great. The gardens and pool are the stand out feature of Lauren and a lovely respite from the heat. Rooms are very large and the breakfast is excellent. So much good hiking around.

The air conditioning in the room was not working. Fortunately it was not too hot when we were there.

Great location in center of Bolzano, close to city center and train station. Hotel services were wonderful. Staff helpful. A nice restaurant and garden, and a swimming pool and playground for children.

I liked everything. I suppose if I have to pick a negative it would be the green color of the carpet in my room. But really I found this hotel tremendously comfortable and attractive.

Lovely historic hotel with every comfort. Pool, garden, bar, excellent restaurant, staff friendly and accommodating. I had a great stay here and will definitely choose this hotel whenever I'm in Bolzano again.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Charming location in the city center, it is always a pleasure to stay here. Very elegant hotel with old style and exeptionally maintained structure. very nice garden and restaurant room. Pieces of art scattered all around. I got a free room upgrade.

Balzano is beautiful and a trip to Meran is well worth it for wine lovers. The Hotel was filled with a bygone era of grandeur, yet modern enough to be very comfortable. The restaurant was spectacular. Some of the best food we have ever eaten.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Nothing. Even though the aircon didnt work, staff were exceptional and supportive. In the end, i slept with windows open and it was the best. So cool during the night and the thunder roaring in the hills just added to the exceptionalism.

Everything was bellisimo! Stunning hotel! Loved the quality fittings, triple french windows you can open for cool air, view of the alps, little balcony and the garden! Oh so stunning, that i didnt want to leave. One of the best hotels i have ever stayed in. Thankyou!

The air condition didn't work properly so it was a little too warm in the room

Beautiful property, very kind service and excellent restaurant. The breakfast was beautiful as well

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

The air conditioning of our room did not work properly and it was really hot weather. After 2 nights we changed the room, so we finally got an air-conditioned room for the last night.

Very friendly staff. Beautiful, cozy hotel.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Carpeting was old and dirty. Really needs to be replaced with wood flooring.

Breakfast was wonderful with a variety of selections. Rooms are dated and carpeting needs to be replaced. Garden bar was lovely. I had traveled for a while and the snacks were delightful.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I would perhaps advise them to start updating the rooms a little now, there are some marks on the walls and a decent shower head would be good, even though the rooms are fine now it would be worth keeping them fresh rather than letting them get faded. But it wasn't a problem, I am looking forward to returning!

Gorgeous old style hotel in beautiful grounds with a restaurant, lounge bar and swimming pool it was the perfect place to relax on a sunny day. I ate at the restaurant which is outdoors in summer, very nice and great service. Hotel bar is also cozy with nice selection of wines. I was lucky to get an upgrade to a room with a balcony overlooking the gardens which was gorgeous. Had a great breakfast in the sunshine on the outdoor terrace. Proper duvets on the bed but not too thick, beds were super comfortable, had a great nights sleep! Kettle in the room which I love. This is a really relaxing hotel right in the centre of Bolzano, and I was very reluctant to leave.

no complaints whatsoever

True style--a historic, cultured feel, yet utterly modern too. Very friendly and welcoming staff. Room was very tastefully decorated, with an emphasis on comfort. From bar, to pool, to nearby walkables, this is a perfect place to stay.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Best hotel I have ever stayed in! Would love to go back. Breakfast was out of this world. Atmosphere, comfy beds, views, quiet, competent staff - everything was perfect.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The sound proofing between next door's bathroom and our room was very poor, we could hear water running and sneezing throughout the night (this was on the top floor - deluxe room). Also the huge clear glass bathroom window looks straight into an apartment block (there is a blind)!

Lovely garden, great bar for cocktails. Room looked like it was recently decorated and was large and very clean. Staff were all very friendly and helpful. Nice location close to the train station and shops (although nothing is far in Bolzano). Nice view of the mountains from one window.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel and grounds are beautifully maintained. There's sculpture in a lovely garden where drinks are served and comfortable seating throughout. There's original 20th century art in every room (you'll find a catalogue containing the artworks and room location of each one). The hotel is situated adjacent to the charming old part of the town where there's both a higher end shopping street and an outdoor market.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Two small beds instead of one big bed, and it wasnt very comfortable to me (my wife thought it was fine).

Breakfast was great. Staff were great. Building and decor are nice. And everything surrounding Bolzano in terms of nature is pure magic. The gym facilities were basically non-existent so I went for a run along the tributary stream near-ish to the hotel, what a start to the day!

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The Laurin is one of those hotels that keeps you coming back. Staff are incredibly professional and warm, and happy to go the extra mile to help make your stay perfect, rooms are deeply comfortable and it has a unique style and atmosphere.

The staff was unprepared. At the check in I have asked if the Breakfast was included and they have answered "YES", I wasn't alone, my colleague heard the same, and at the check out they told me breakfast wasn't included. Lost for words!!!

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

Nothing really but maybe its irritating when one person takes up a 4 person table in the bar lounge when it is in high demand

Just a overall nice experience

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I wish the hotel had room service with food that kids like to eat.

Beautiful hotel, easy to walk to from the train station, 2 minutes. Safe. Perfect location. In the middle of everything. The staff was helpful and very kind. The hotel has a bar with music at night that is fun and relaxing.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Disappointed that we were not given a better table in restaurant Told that it was reserved for a non guest

Fantastic location to everything Beautiful restaurant

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The hotel reception could not give us much information on sightseeing route and only told us to go to Information Center.

Beautiful classical hotel. The hotel is very convenient and very close to the square where Christmas market located. The room is spacious. We also had New Year dinner a the hotel and the 5 courses meal was awesome.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The only two issues we had were an inability to stream anything on our computer (it was Christmas and everything was closed so we thought we would watch a Christmas movie in our room) and the lack of electrical outlets.

The room was large and very nice. The bathroom toiletries were a good quality and the shower was strong. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. The breakfast offering was diverse and the quality good. The women working the breakfast were very nice and prompt in cleaning tables and providing service. The location is perfect - a 2 minute walk from the station and another 2 minutes to Walther Square. The bar is cozy and the waiters very nice.

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Maybe a little bit more expensive than it should be. Yes it is one of the best in town, yes it has a great history and everything works on point, but if the prices were lower, then for sure it would be by far, the perfect choice, in case someone visits the beautiful city of Bolzano.

A very nice place to stay at Bolzano. The stuff was more than friendly and willing to help you, even if their English skills were weak. I had my birthday on one of the days I stayed at the hotel and they surprised me with a small gift! It was a such a kind and beautiful gesture (and for sure a good marketing technic), that really made my day!! The room was very clean, there was very good soundproofing, the location was more than perfect and the breakfast had a great variety.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The central location with a parking lot across the street and with a reduced rate for hotel guests. The breakfast was fantastic and with freshly squeezed orange juice.

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Could hear other rooms opening and closing doors, sounding like they were entering our room.

The breakfast was very good. Facilities in room excellent. Close to train station and markets.

• Reviewed: 24 November 2016

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

The staff on reception could have been a bit friendlier, but the staff in the bar and at breakfast were very nice. The smoking room next to the bar needs to be got rid of, this is 2016! It wasn't a major problem but occasionally there was a slight smell of cigarettes which I didn't like and upon arrival we had to leave our cases in a room that stank of cigarettes, not good!

Rooms were spacious and tastefully decorated, modern but in keeping with the old style of the hotel and I loved the original art in every room. Breakfast was amazing, everything you could ask for in a beautiful dining room. Bar area was also gorgeous, there was a fire and the area was again tastefully decorated and comfortable, with some nice snacks and a decent wine list. Outdoor pool and beautiful gardens which I imagine in summer would be gorgeous. Would definitely recommend staying here.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

Coffee could have been a little hotter but nothing really.

The staff at the Laurin bar really paid attention to me possibly because I was traveling by myself? And I loved my room on second floor with 2 windows overlooking the garden with spotlessly clean tub in which I could soak myself after hard days of hiking! Oh, I almost forgot to mention original art works in the room. Thank you so much!

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

This is a wonderful hotel if - like me - you enjoy a classical hotel in an original hotel building, with spacious and comfortable rooms, restaurant and bars. The service was excellent and efficient without being over the top. I needed some laundry done in a short time (between arriving at 3.30pm and leaving at 12 the following day) and the hotel staff handled it easily and without any fuss.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

dinner menu was very limited...and expensive.

rooms were very bright and comfortable. Staff were helpful. Very well situated. Very clean and facilities were excellent. Lovely views from our room, and bathroom was spacious and well equipped.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Room service would be nice.

I love this hotel!! I have stayed here several times and always plan a few days there when I am in the area. I find it so relaxing. There is something about it; there is a charm to it that is hard to find anymore. On top of that, the breakfast is one of the best I have ever had (especially in Italy).

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

beautiful 1910 style hotel, tastefully renovated. excellent service. great breakfast. I have received a free upgrade for a room with a view of the garden. it was a great experience overall.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

There is very little to complain about at this hotel.

A very good location with excellent facilities and a spacious room. The outdoor bar and restaurant in an attractive garden at the back of the hotel was an added bonus. The breakfast had a wide variety of choices and the cooked items were done to perfection.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

This is an elegant and classy old hotel only a five minute walk from the Bolzano train station. It is expensive but it is superb! The restaurant is great (try the local wines) and so is the breakfast. The gardens are relaxing and the work out equipment (stationary bike, elliptical trainer etc.) out in the old gardener's hut is a nice bonus. The room safe is large enough for a camera and laptop etc. This place makes you feel pampered and refined.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

A little noisy being on a busy street, but worth it because of great location.

Bed was comfy, but could've used more pillows. Very modern, nice , updated room. Bathroom had plenty of space to put things. Big closet.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Fabulous breakfast, excellent wait staff. Wonderfully comfortable rooms. Most of the reception staff was excellent, but one person did not understand the concept of customer service.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

A couple of nights I could hear music from the park below. But, it didn't go late and was not inconvenient.

Generous sized room with a super bathroom. The proximity to the railway and centre of the old city couldn't be beat. I enjoyed the old world graciousness plus the views into the park. The artworks throughout the property were a nice touch.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The quality of the rooms is maybe not aligned with the price of the hotels. The superior room was decent, though the price suggest more than this.

Great breakfast and beautifull garden to have dinner in. The atmosphere in the hotel is very nice and vivid events are organised in the park.

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Hotel is more than exceptional; polite and professional personnel, art deco style, beautiful rooms with amazing graphic arts, clean and comfortable hotel with great garden situated ih the "heart" of Bolzano....for sure we will come back!

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

It was very rainy so we did not get a chance to appreciate the gardens though they looked lovely

The room was stylish and comfortable. The bathroom was also good. We ate in the restaurant and the food, staff and ambience were all excellent

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Walking distance from the station and all the major attractions in Bolzano. The garden was an interesting attraction in its own right. The elevator was classy. I would definitely stay again.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The air conditioning could not keep the room cool. No balcony.

The gardens were lovely. Great drink service by the pool. Lovely breakfasts. This is an old world quality hotel.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

WIFI only worked for 2 devices which were my work devices. Would have liked to use WiFi with my private mobile as well

Very close to city center, very nice park, hotel old fashioned, but well kept, very good breakfast, excellent Dinner