Reviews of Positano Art Hotel Pasitea 4 stars

Via Pasitea 207, 84017 Positano, Italy

#31 of 36 hotels in Positano

• Executive Double Room

Was quite a walk either uphill or stairs from main beach/city centre - however everywhere in Positano is the same

Pretty balcony Good sea view and city view Good restaurants nearby

• Double Room with Sea View

Nice but definitely not 4 star, and certainly not the good location advertised. 3 star would be more appropriate, and for the price we could have stayed at a nicer hotel with a far better location. The only good thing was that the bus stopped in front of the hotel. All the references to how far the hotel is from the beach or town is based on how the crow flies. The streets are very windy and steep, as well as narrow. If you want to walk anywhere to/from the hotel you have to take care not to get hit by traffic coming around the blind corners. As such, there was no coming and going during the day, made worse as there was nothing immediately near the hotel. TV had only 3 English channels, which were all News stations.

• Double Room with Sea View

Hotel is higher up the hill in Positano compared to some so the main shops and beach are steep walk away. It is more of a traditional hotel rather than luxurious, with basic facilities.

Most rooms have a balcony & view over Positano. Clean rooms with tea making facilities. Numerous nice restaurants nearby.

• Double Room with Sea View

The decor of the hotel and rooms is quite funky “artsy” and dated and should be renovated and updated at some point. The location isn’t bad since the bus from town stops right in front of the hotel but it is near the edge of “central” Positano. It’s a bit of a hike to town on foot, although the views along the way are constantly lovely and/or breathtaking.

The staff at this hotel are very friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was really good, with homemade breads and cakes and everything one could want.

• Executive Double Room

Rooms were beautifully decorated! Balcony overlooking the Mediterranean Sea was a bonus! Staff was friendly and helpful! They didn't miss a step. Would book there again without any hesitation!

• Executive Double Room

The hotel itself is just lovely. The patios are perfect and sun filled with 2 lounge chairs and table to just sit and enjoy the water view. The room was spotlessly clean and fresh with very solid patio doors to block out any street noise at night. It was a pleasure to stay here.

• Double Room with Sea View

I asked for food recommendation by the staff and he recommended me caffe positano - worst meal and service I had during my entire trip in Milan. Tourist trap.

Nice big and comfortable rooms. Verandas overlooking the ocean. Close distance to eateries.

Not all the staff were friendly.

The balcony overlooking the scenery was spectacular. Rooms were clean. Location was pretty good. It was good value for money, book early to get the good deals.

• Double Room with Sea View

Not the right hotel if you want to walk into town. I preferred the quiet of being outside the hustle and bustle of the town's center

Staff was charming and helpful. The decor was filled with interesting contemporary art. Very whimsical lobby.

B’fast isn’t worth the money. The shower is located in the middle of the room and wakes up people who are trying to get the extra few minutes of sleep in the morning. The hotel is located far from the center of activities which makes access to some really nice restaurants (particularly for dinner) a little difficult. Finally, while the room was cleaned daily the balcony could do with a dust up from time to time.

Friendly staff- Ahmad and Tony were very helpful in organizing tours from the hotel. The room had an excellent view of the ocean. The balcony was a nice place to relax for a drink before heading out for dinner.

No English speaking channels on tv besides the BBC news. The distance from the ferry . If we had known the location ( our fault for not researching properly) we would not have arrived by ferry. We couldn’t have carried 4 large suitcases up that winding road or the 450+ steps uphill shortcut - so we paid a porter service ( E10 per bag) to take our bags and we walked up . Next time we’d take a car service right to the hotel door from one of the neighbouring towns. Poor soundproofing in the rooms .

Beautiful views with large balcony and great staff. Lovely breakfast, great wi-fi.

• Quadruple Room

I didn't like the pillows and the two of us were sleeping in truckle bed and the other two in normal bed.

Our room was very clean and the balcony had nice view. The staff were very helpful and friendly.Particularly we loved Ahmed. He was very kind with us and always available in every question.The breakfast did not had a big buffet but it had the basic and some handmade food.

• Double Room with Sea View

Our room had a spectacular view from our balcony. The staff were courteous and helpful. The steps to go down to other levels are located across from the hotel. Good experience!

• Executive Double Room

Balcony was tiny with enough space for 2 chairs and little table but too small to be comfortable there for long periods of time which was a pity given the stunning view. Would recommend upgrading room to one with large balcony and sun loungers to maximise the enjoyment of being in Positano.

Lovely hotel with beautiful views. Very large room with comfortable bed. Breakfast at hotel was plentiful and fresh and good value. Located close to many restaurants as well as bus stop.

• Double Room with Sea View

Staffs were extremely friendly and helpful. They really supported me to fulfill my return trip Itinerary. Location is perfect for blue hour shots. The charm of positano will be your SD cards :) Enjoyed every moment!

• Double Room with Sea View

The concierge that said we didn't have a shuttle when I called from the airport asking where the car was and had to pay more for a random taxi, and when we arrived immediately said that he was there ignoring the fact that I went around for 15 minutes looking and called her only for her to inform me that there was no such reservation, I calmly stated we are in vacation I don't want a hassle, after that she you asked about dining or visiting Capri she just said go down the road until it ends the bus is fine, why pay for a car service, there are many restaurants open this time of year go left take the stairs...really? Stairs are everywhere take them how far and here is a thought share the name of the establishment...nothing worse then having someone take 10 minutes to complain about agitated guests at Christmas because you didn't do your job and find out which places were open..it was embarrassing that she was completely clueless and did not know how to treat people on holiday..which means do your job, like the other staff did!

Joanna, Lucas and Ahmed were happy and always wanted to make the stay comfortable.

• Double Room with Sea View

The hotel needs some work. Though I found the artsie theme very charming I couldn’t overlook the fact that the rooms and bathrooms need a lot of TLC.

Positano was a charming town. The employees at the hotel are very nice and they do their best to accommodate guest.

• Double Room with Sea View

Really dirty. There were a lot of ants in the toilet and minibar. The room was really cold and they don’t turn the Heat on. The location, at least in winter, is really bad. Far from the bus stop, far from any restaurant (1 hour walking distance).

The private balcony

• Double Room with Sea View

I just love it! Location was perfect, the Positano interno stops by, the staff was great and always willing to help, they even accommodate myself to early check-in, the daily breakfast was delicious with a good selection and different choices, the room was spacious and included an mini fridge and a coffee machine, a big closet and safe. Last but not least the balcony and views from the room were breathtaking every morning.

• Double Room with Sea View

We spent several days hiking on the Amalfi coastline. This is a good place to start the tours. The Pasitea Hotel is a very nice place to stay, the interior of the hotel is beautifully arranged. The breakfast is excellent. We spent our short term holiday there in January, and we really loved it.

• Double Room with Sea View

staff of the administration was unpolite and rood, it ruined our mood, parking is to expensive (20eur/day).

the view from second floor is really nice, room was clean.

• Double Room with Sea View

Wifi almost didn't work during my whole stay. Hope it got fixed now. Wifi is crucial for every traveler. Still, though, Deeply appreciate for the manager's effort and help♡

Local bus (only 1 in the village) stops right in front of the hotel. If u can, walking from the beach is also a good choice. Staff very good english, so kind nice. Bedding was super clean&comfy (bathroom too) I saw several negative review on the breakfast but for me, it was not pricy rather so much fabulous. Hot bread (yummy, especially 4 kinds of croissants), fruits including kiwi, also simple sausage sacutree cheese scrambled plus boiled egg every thing really pleased my morning. Staff makes a coffe for u on the spot as u order. It was so impressive. Next time in positano, definitely revisit this hotel!

• Double Room with Sea View

1. The shower drain barely worked. I had to stop my shower 3 (!!!) times in order not to flood the bathroom. Very annoying. And cold. 2. The bed seemed to be made of 2 single mattresses, so there was a gap in the middle which was annoying too. 3. The balcony, though nice, didn’t have the promised view, since there’s a road in front of the hotel and then a row of houses. 4. I was lucky to find a parking space right in front of the hotel, and even luckier not to get ticket. If I had to use the parking garage service it would have cost me over 20 euro which is a bit much for an overnight park. 5. During the late evening the a/c stopped working for unknown reason. I couldn’t turn it back on no matter how I tried which forced me to open the balcony door to let some air in, which leads me to- 6. The noise in the morning from passing vehicles due to the road being under my room, woke me up at 7:15. When I’m on vacation, I like to set my own wake up time. I’m on vacation after all. This was a real discomfort. 7. Reception closes at 23:00, which is ok, but that meant I had no one to call about the a/c shutting down on its own.

The room was nice and clean

• Executive Double Room with Spa Bath

Do you enjoy skin infections? Are you a fan of a week-long folliculitis from a tub? Do you like your holiday momentous to include ugly scars on your legs? When you politely suggest to Mgt that the foul odour from your spatub jets might mean that the tub needed proper hygiene maintenance, do you like being told you expect too much & that you’d had no idea what you were talking about? Do you like being told that a bad smell and viscous substance jetting from a tub onto your legs & a horrible morning-after infection is just a coincidence? Maybe you don’t know what you are talking about, because you didn’t take note f the COLOUR OF THE WATER JET? Or maybe the hypoallergenic bath soap you have used for years & brought with you GAVE YOU AN ALLERGIC REACTION? Do you like having staff apologize TO YOUR HUSBAND, but *not to you*? Maybe you like having staff act like they need to simply you are a troublemaking liar, when you POLITELY point out that Housekeeping might have overlooked a step in cleaning? You aren’t trying to get a refund or anything, but you think paying >€200/night means you don’t have to worry for your health. Do you like having to spend vacation time seeking find an Apothecary who will dispense antibiotic cream, to alleviate the burning pain from the fecal matter bacterial of an unclean stranger which took up residence in your skin, simply because someone couldn’t wash a tub professionally? Oddly enough, the Apothecary in Orvieto was gasping horrified when he asked to see the infection. He wanted to report the local hotel to Authorities. When I pointed out it was from Positano, he apologised to me on behalf of the criminal incompetence of whoever had let this happen. He didn’t apologise because I was acting pouty or anything, he was simply horrified as a gentleman & health professional. All the have to do is hire competent, trustworthy staff who clean their tubs properly.

I thought I would enjoy the spa tub, but when it squirted filthy-smelling viscous stuff on me, I jumped up & tried to wash it off me. I thought I got it all, but the pressure of the jets meant it got into my follicles, where washing didn’t get it off me. Unfortunately, the huge, 10-day-long, puss-filled, swollen infection on my leg left scars. Luckily, it was ONLY a skin infection that cleared up with medical attention. It could have been life-threatening, if the tub had had worse bacteria varieties, or if I had a compromised immune system. FREE SOUVENIRS from the hotel? Who doesn’t like a free souvenir?

• Double Room with Sea View

Unfriendly front staff. Once a man was working at night and was friendly, but the woman who worked there was beyond rude. I felt on eggshells when having to speak with her. Very unfriendly and I felt like I was doing something wrong by asking her a question. Also, the water was out during our stay so we couldn’t shower the entire stay and had to use bottled water to brush our teeth and wash our face which we purchased at a grocery store. Briefly the water did get “fixed” but dirt brown water was coming out, (see photo.) At checkout this was not acknowledged at all, nor did we get an apology.

Good view, good location.

• Double Room with Sea View

If travelling in winter (off season), expect limited and overpriced food/drink. Room was basic, bed wasn’t very comfortable. The wifi was very poor. It did not work in the room at all. To use it we had to go down to the lobby where everyone was there using it, so it ran very slow.

The only thing that was great about this hotel is the view! We had a sea view room with a balcony and we sat out there most of the afternoon when it was warm.

• Double Room with Sea View

I think the hotel should have a policy for other guests and staff to be considerate of other guests in the hotel at certain times at night maybe from 10 pm onwards. Guests and staff very noisy and doors slamming all hours until early hours of the morning.

The view from my room was amazing

• Double Room with Sea View

1. Receptionist delusioned us to go to restaurants where he would get a tip to send customers (turned out the food was terrible at those places and we paid a decent amount for the food and wine.) 2. Found the interiors of the hotel very gloomy and cold 3. Room provided was quite spacious but with in appropriate furniture, not meant for couples or people travelling with family 4. MOST DISAPPOINTING- even after repeatedly complaining the room heating was not working for full 3 days.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

• Double Room with Sea View

A little out of the way and expensive to get to Positano. We hired a private driver which was cheaper than the shuttles.

King sized bed and super comfy. Spacious room with cute little balcony overlooking the ocean. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Within walking distance to restaurants and shops. The walking was down a lot of stairs but the views along the way were stunning. If you don’t want to walk back up the stairs there is a city bus that does a loop every 30 minutes and stops right outside the hotel.

• Double Room with Sea View

Breakfast seemed a bit high. In fairness, I did not look to see what was offered for breakfast.

The room was clean. It did need a little repair for some tile, but that did not cause any issues.The beds were very firm, which we appreciated.The view was great and the staff (Mariano) was terrific. We did not have breakfast at the hotel. I thought that was too expensive. Car parking was down the street at 20 euro a day. This hotel was exactly what I expected.

• Executive Double Room

Our stay at Vista d'Amalfi was exceptional! The location is wonderful, the room was clean, and breakfast was an amazing way to start the day. I cannot say enough about Andrea and how thoughtful of an owner he is. He gave us a room upgrade, was readily available for questions, helped us figure out transportation to the airport, and even arranged for a porter to help carry our luggage outside of their normal business hours. Could not have been better!

• Double Room with Sea View

The Wi-Fi was effectively unusable, dropping out more than it was working. We asked the concierge if there was an unusual problem but he seemed pretty unconcerned and just waved us towards the one computer they have available in the lobby - which isn't much use when you just want to lie down and watch a movie!

Absolutely beautiful view, hotel decor was cool, and the internal bus stopped directly outside

The only thing which disrupted our stay was we had three workers in next doors balcony which was loud and gave us no privacy to enjoy the sun but that was just an unfortunate coincidence that they had to work whilst we stayed

Rooms were incredible. Bed was comfortable. The view was amazing. Great facilities in the room ie tea/coffee and minibar. We had a jacuzzi in our room which was great. Balcony was lovely with a great sunset view. Great storage space. Good working shower. Very spacious!!

• Double Room with Sea View

Slow internet connection. Not enough outlets in room. Noisy chairs on terrasse and in rooms.

Beautiful view from terrace. Close to Fornillo beach. Nicely decorated.

Positano is not a cheap place. But with a location such as it is, little wonder.

Our stay was for a family wedding, and as soon as the staff found out they were so pleased for us it was like being among family. Gio and Elvira took wonderful care of our party of six, and seemed genuinely sorry to see us go. Tony and Enzo at the reception desk were friendly, helpful and unflappable, making reservations for us and providing helpful suggestions and advice. All this took place in an environment that only the most world weary traveller could not be wowed by.

• Double Room with Sea View

Sorry, can't think of anything, we may be easily pleased but I don't believe so!

We loved everything about this property, the very friendly and helpful staff, the cleanliness of the hotel and the magnificent views from our balcony.

• Executive Double Room

This was in the middle of our Italy trip and our most excited / talked about destination, so we were extremely happy to be there. The first night there we were getting ready to turn in after a long day of travel we found a bunch of long black hairs in our bed. Someone who does not typically do the housekeeping had to come up and remake our bed at 11pm, I felt sorry and it was uncomfortable. Not only was the cleanliness a problem, but the air conditioning barely existed. We had the hardest time sleeping because it was so hot in our room for three nights. The view off our room was beautiful and that was the only positive thing about this hotel. We still had a nice trip in Positano, but it did sting when checking out and they didn't discount anything for that first night with the hair. I hate to write a bad review but for the amount we were paying and how excited we were to be there, I felt compelled to share our experience. We plan on going back to Positano but we will not be staying here.

• Executive Double Room

No restaurant, but no problem since there is an excellent one just next door. Often no where to park even to quickly unload the car.

Large balcony overlooking one of the most fabulous views in the world. Staff go out of their way to be helpful. Excellent breakfasts. Elevator access in a town otherwise difficult to navigate. Parking in nearby garage in a town otherwise impossible for cars.

• Executive Double Room with Spa Bath

No restaurant or bar, but breakfast available. When we booked only a double executive room was available, very expensive, but large with an incredible private terrace and panoramic views. Sitting room, bedroom, bath jacuzzi tub. The room was beautiful but considering the overall property and facilities not a good value-we wouldn't book the same room again.

beautiful quirky hotel decorated with original art by the owner. Helpful staff. Transportation around the city by bus worked well.

• Quadruple Room

Beautiful view, close to the bus stop and the stairs to walk down to both beaches. Enzo at the front desk was the best!! He recommended and took care of all our dinner and tour reservations. We loved positano but Enzo completed it for us!! Staff was very friendly. I would go back again if Enzo is still there!!

• Executive Double Room with Spa Bath

Definitely wasn't worth the money paid. Room was fine, service was fine, location was fine but none of these stood out as fantastic. Overpriced for what it was, given that we visited a number of cities on the Amalfi Coast and got better deals for less/similar money.

The hotel's staff was friendly, and their restaurant recommendations were excellent.

• Executive Double Room

The shower in our room was claustrophobically small. Also, very pricey but this was high season in Positano and all hotels in the area were equivalently priced.

They gave us a complimentary room upgrade. The view from our room was incredible. The bed was super comfy and the staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel has a great location and there is a local bus stop right out front.

• Double Room with Sea View

The mattress was not comfortable and the pillows were of poor quality and quite thin. The shower was tiny and the water pressure and temperature were fluctuating. The balcony was a good plus but there were so many ants everywhere, even on the table and chairs, that we took pictures once only and never did again. Breakfast was alright but was way too pricy for the quality and variety. The hotel next door had a restaurant and seemed like a better option but we did not try it unfortunately.

The view was beautiful, location was good as we didn't really mind the walk uphill from the centre but it would be difficult for people with kids or older people. The local bus stops right in front of the hote,l so transport is not that big of a deal. The hotel design was beautiful and charming with a lot of paintings on the walls and floors The room size was good with a queen size bed. Staff were welcoming and friendly.

• Double Room with Sea View

Parking, water is in one moment cold, than hot, hot, hot... they put nylon on the bed!!!... many things are not good. This is bad 3* hotel.

View was fantastic.

• Double Room with Sea View

The staff was really confused, breakfast was average with not many fresh items, difficult to get bookings done. It was the second time we stayed in the area, and I am glad the first hotel we stayed was a billion times better otherwise wouldnt had come back to Positano. It was way too expensive for what it offered.

Hotel was clean enough.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

• Double Room with Sea View

Wonderful staff. Amazing views. Fantastic breakfast. Room decor just gorgeous. This property was simply amazing. Town bus stops right outside for those who can't make the long walk up the steep steps. Older people should be aware that to get those views it is a long way up however only one Street up from some fabulous restaurants. I'll definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

• Double Room with Sea View

Parking costs 20 euros a day and you have to request for it 30 minutes in advance. Wasn't horrible but not super convenient

Beautiful views & hotel. Great location! Definitely would visit again and recommend this place to people.

• Double Room with Sea View

The expensive Parking offered by the hotel was actually an improvised parking around the building and the car got a scratch when parked. The advice given by the personnel on where to go was ok but some places were pricey and not good value for money. In the beginning we did not get the promised seaview (only partial) but were moved to a sea view after the weekend when asking. The breakfast is ok but a bit generic as in most hotels. The breakfast coffee was not good, which is a shame in Italy. And anything extra is at charge, which they don't necessarily tell you so be careful.

Positano is an amazing place to visit. The room was comfortable enough. The personnel was friendly and accomodating. Overall pleasant and relaxing.

• Executive Double Room

Little bit noisy, but didn't stop us sleeping. The walk/climb up from the ferry is a challenge if you are carrying luggage, lots of steps, suggest arranging a taxi up if you have a couple of suitcases or are 50+, your knees will appreciate it!

Good view, nice little balcony to sit out on and have a drink. One of the options for dinner that was suggested, family run, up the hill behind Positano, was fantastic, beautiful food, and brilliant view. Great local perfumery!, right up near the location for classic photo of the church dome and buildings on Positano.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Beautiful view from balcony. Very helpful staff. Good breakfast but cost extra. Very good gluten free pasta and pizza restaurant very close to hotel. La Fontinella.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

• Double Room with Sea View

A wonderful hotel with stunning views. Great breakfast and staff always willing to help. definitely take the staff restaurant recommendations especially to La Tagliata!

• Quadruple Room

Breakfast was not included in our room rate. I knew that going in, but thought 15 Euro per person was not worth it for the choices we had. Too expensive (60 Euro a morning) for a family of 4 over 5 mornings. We ended up eating a late breakfast out at a local bakery for less.

The location was amazing. Our view from the room was outstanding and the staff was friendly and helpful! Parking was down the road and not to expensive for the area (18 Euro per night). The staff was always willing to help out with information or anything we needed! The hotel is located right in the middle of the town (and the cliff), so was perfect to everything.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

• Double Room with Sea View

Allt bra finns inget negativt att skriva om detta hotell.

Fantastiskt fint hotell i Positano med en fin utsikt från balkongen. Fin miljö på hotellet med en mycket god och tilltagen frukost buffe´ Trevlig personal.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

• Double Room with Sea View

Nothing to complain about!!

Superb location, room, staff and view from the biggest "balcony" (it was actually a terrace, it was so big and nice)! We could sit at the table on the terrace and see the Mediterranean for 180 degrees. I wanted to stay there forever. Simply charming, unique hotel. Would definitely return and recommend it to all.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

• Executive Double Room

I know it was off season but didn't have anything to eat in the evenings thought that was poor

Was very comfortable and loved the idea they arranged a dinner with a local family for whoever wished to go+ a shuttle bus come every 20minutes to take you to the town

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

shower water is not hot enough in winter,especially using the tube

perfect location with good view,big room with huge balcony,nice breakfast,strong WIFI signal

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

• Quadruple Room

Parking system was terrible. And so many ants in the room. Also whirpool bath water was rotton so that we can not use it.

Breakfast and bed was not bad.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

• Executive Double Room

Booking.com was booked through for the two nights we stayed. We were lead to believe breakfast was included. It was not. to rub salt into the wound, our bill showed that breakfast was included, but then listed breakfast separately. Very poor. Service was dreadful. The gentleman on the desk was on the phone constantly on social calls. Even when we stood in front of him to check in it was like we were interrupting his call. Also the shower was not hot and when we asked if it was normal, the gent explained it had been fixed. He was clearly having a lend of us. Everywhere else we stayed in Europe was fantastic with excellent service and rooms.

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

• Double Room with Sea View

- Mini bar was smelling like a dead rat. Horrible. Probably the refridgerator is off for days and nobody checks it. - No parking on-site. Off site parking was available but no security for your car. The people running the parking place will ask to leave the car keys with them. - Minimal breakfast. Probably reason is: December is not a tourist season, but if the hotel is advertising a four star they should also live up to expectations. - Room was clean, but the cupboard and furniture inside the room didn't look clean. - Should be rated max. 3 star. Definitely not 4!!!

- Nothing basically

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

• Double Room with Sea View

Better facilities for guests to get food in the evening. Out of season dining was minimal.

Amazing sea and coastal outlook. Excellent terrace space to relax

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

• Double Room with Sea View

Everything was great. Parking was easy. The room and view were outstanding. The manager made our dinner reservations for us before we got there, based on his recommendation...AMAZING! Miss Fortunato was especially helpful, and even made my wife and me a cake in the hotel restaurant to celebrate our first visit to Positano. Absolutely the best vacation of our lives.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

• Double Room with Sea View

the room and bedding was quite cold (we travelled out of season in november). the wifi was horrendous except for the lobby.

lovely hotel with an amazing water view. it's located higher up in Positano, but you can take stairs down to the beach and town square. the staff were all lovely and friendly. the style was very unique and charming.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• Executive Double Room

We stayed at 4 other hotels on this trip including Capri, Amalfi town, Sorrento and Naples this was the most expensive, over 300 euros a night and the only one that did not include the breakfast ( I think because we didn't book direct) 4 star hotel and the 1st morning had only 2 towels and no floor mat. The handheld shower didn't reach to the hook on top, so you had to sit in the tub to use it.

The view was ok, partial view, but get the bigger deck if you want a full view. Location was fine, bus stop right out front if you don't want to hike down/up.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Use the roads to go around the town - not the steps between the street levels as they are very steep and a killer to climb back up unless you are super fit!

The staff were all very helpful and friendly. The hotel has a nice artistic influence with numerous hanging paintings by contemporary Italian artist Laura Lupo all for sale. The hotel is situated midway between the two beaches and convenient for main shop area.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

• Double Room with Sea View

Staff at reception when I called for directions on how to get to the hotel was not friendly or helpful and was even less helpful when I checked in. Night staff much more hospitable. For the price ($325+), which was the highest of any hotel I stayed in on this trip, breakfast was not included. Location was not what I expected and amenities were sparse..

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

The bathroom had a weird bathtub that didn't have much lighting and can be slippery. There was also no exhaust in the roomy bathroom. The airconditioning wasn't sufficient and luckily we had a balmy weather. The TV was also small and didn't feature the US tennis open like what the reception mentioned as having EuroSport channel. The staff was nice enough to let be view the games on the Resto area .

The location wa fantastic and the room was huge with a nice balcony that perched on the town and coast.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• Double Room with Sea View

We didn't feel welcome there. We felt like we were just another guest going in and out of the hotel. I'm not even sure if they ever said "hi" or "bye" to us. The breakfast was awful. They had poor/limited selections. The eggs were old, coffee was mediocre, and bread was stale. The only thing I found edible was the yogurt!

Nothing really!

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Executive Double Room with Spa Bath

The staff was great. Very friendly and helpful. We were traveling with our 1 & 3 year old children. When we arrived, a portable crib was set up in our room as well as an extra bed for our 3 year old. The front desk staff was very helpful in providing us tips on various dinner options- from fancier sit-down dinners to places to order takeaway pizza.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

• Double Room with Sea View

Too expensive in August. Room too narrow. No milk provided with tea/coffee facilities. Too far to walk to beach and main shops & bank. There was some mould in shower.

Pleasant looking hotel. Great views outside overlooking the bay. Very good breakfast but not enough fresh fruit.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Double Room with Sea View

The location was fantastic. A short walk to the centre so lovely and quiet, as the centre is very busy. The breakfast was very good, all pastries were made fresh on the premises. The staff were also extremely helpful, we wanted to hire scooters and they called several places for us and gave us general advice on where to go etc. I would definitely stay there again.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

• Double Room with Sea View

Only good reviews for this hotel

On minute of arriving, I was checked in early without having to ask, which is always a big plus. Only there for 2 days, the front desk staff so amazingly got me ready with a map, the best local Italian food restaurants to try, how to get around etc and made it easy for me. The hotel was located on a main Street, for those concerned about luggage and stairs! This would be perfect. Also located a few steps to another main road leading to positano main area and beach Hotel is clean, bed is comfy, staff so friendly, breakfast was ok (a little boring for me)

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

• Double Room with Sea View

Relatively spartan room with wonderful balcony and views. That is to be expected in Positano where the views are more expensive than the beds.

Friendly and accommodating staff that looked after you.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• Double Room with Sea View

The WIFI is shocking - despite all claims that there is strong WIFI in the hotel, the WIFI system is complex and infuriating, constantly kicking you off and bouncing you from one hotspot "Hotel Pasitea" to another "Hall Pasitea". It was not functional. There were also very few outlets in the room and all were in odd positions. Further, our towels and amenities (tea cups, saucers etc) were not refreshed when they made up the room every day which was a little weird to us.

The location is good - there is a bus stop at the door which is convenient and easy (by Positano standards) walks to beaches and restaurants. It's high enough to avoid the crowds, but not too high to make mobility an issue. The concierge also made some good recommendations of restaurants.

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

• Double Room with Sea View

Very minor but, several restaurants recommended by the staff were below our expectations...

The view, the rooms, the balcony :) The concierge was pleasant and friendly.

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

• Double Room with Sea View

Breakfast could be better. Staff was good and Antonio was great, however the other receptionist left bad taste when asked to allow "late" checkout - 12.00 (!) and refused without raising his eyes.

Room was fantastic.Terrace with beautiful view.