Reviews of Mercure Bergamo Aeroporto 4 stars

Via Arrigo Boito 12, 24040 Stezzano, Italy

#4 of 7 hotels in Stezzano

Wi-Fi was abysmal. We could barely open any site even a cut-down mobile version. Having just read the review before me I now know why - they want to charge extra for actual Wi-Fi. I booked the hotel already knowing the Mercure brand, but I haven't stayed in one for a couple years before. Like you would expect from a franchise - you have to pay for everything. This got a little ridiculous when they told me I need to pay them for the service when I asked if they could print my boarding passes (I wasn't sure whether the electronic ones would work). It was a reminder of why I tended to avoid franchise hotels in the past years. Then they told me I could do it myself on their (guest use) PC in the lobby (which wasn't easy to work with when you have just your phone with you). A 4 star hotel can't accomodate such a trivial request as printing two black & white pages for a guest? I'm at a loss for words. Overall the staff represents the lowest score of this review as they weren't even nice about the whole thing. I've experienced much better customer care from a much cheaper hotel staff. Needless to say I'll think twice before considering this hotel again.

Very short ride to the airport by car. The room standard was definitely on the 4 star level - no complaints. The soundproofing was quite good and we practically couldn't hear any traffic from the highway that was literally 50 meters away from our window. We got the room on a heavy Booking.com discount, otherwise I wouldn't consider it.

The price of the breakfast, too high in relation to the price of the room.

Very clean,comfortable and quiet, ideal if you have a car and want to explore the area.

1) the hotel is located 1km away from where it is shown on the bookings.com map. It was pure luck that I found it. 2) it was at least 30c in the room, even though it was cool outside and the window was wide open. There was no way of cooling the room down.

The temperature in the room was high, not possible to turn on the aircondition as we were not in the summer season. Had to sleep with the window open. Location is great when you travel by car and need to sleep over for one night only, not recommended for other purposes.

We had an early flight the next day and needed a hotel close to the airport. The hotel was perfect for this purpose, Close to the autostrada and 10 minutes from the airport. Great standard with nice clean rooms. Resturant serving dinner until 22.00. Free parking.

I contacted the hotel by email before my stay to know at what time they start serving breakfast since we had an early flight, and the answer I received is "Breakfast is served during breakfast time". I found that rude and uninformative.

The hotel and room were clean, big, comfortable and very cheap.The clerk at the front desk was nice and helpful. Close enough to the Airport (8km). Great quality/price ratio. Would definitely book here again

It would be great to have both German Channels, despite ZDF also ARD. Gym could be improved with a few more Equipment.

I like the Hotel, the staff, the breakfast, the Location, parking, despite the Garage has a somehow strange setup.

• Standard Twin Room

I user to go there in the past but I remember nice and modern room. The rate I'm booking was cheap so maybe they give me an old room. Noise from highway

Private parking.

The whole structure looks and has a quality of an ordinary motel. Just 30m away from the highway, no soundproofed rooms, could not close my eyes the whole night due to the traffic rumors. Also internally you hear every single step of other guests in their rooms. They define theirselfs as an airport hotel but serve the breakfast only from 7 am during the weekends. Misunderstanding.

Free parking, modern furniture, close to the airport

I paid 110 euro for 2 day, in the receiption they gave me an invoice for only 98 euro, they didnt agree to give me for the whole ammount' saying that "the rest is taves", They promised there will be no problrms at checkout. unfortunately, at checkout the man in the receiption did ask me to pay again the difference. so annoying feeling

• Standard Twin Room

Staff were not helpful and friendly at all. We complained that the room was cold and they didn't do anything. They were not accommodating at all!!!

• Standard Twin Room

Bar must be working 24h i think mostly in Europe in 4 star hotels it does, but here it doesnt work.

Airport is very close and on main street from Airport, but you need a car to get here. Car parking is very good, you can park outside or underground for free. Gas station is just 30m away, but takes mostly cash (my Visa and Mastercard wasnt approved for some reason). Restaurant and bar doesnt work 24h, i think it closes 23:00 or 24:00. There is vending machine in hotel with beer and water. Also there is computer with printer, which was very helpful to print boarding passes.

• Standard Twin Room

All extra items were pretty expensive - breakfast €15, beer €6.

Nice hotel about 10min away by car from Bergamo airport. Free parking on-site. On an industrial estate, so good for overnight stays for airport transfers, not leisure. Nice modern rooms, very clean and very well presented.

• Standard Twin Room

Breakfast not included in the price we paid. We opted for the simpler option (3€ for a croissant and a cappuccino) because the regular buffet is 10€ per person.

For guests that come by car, the access is very good. It is very easy to get to the Hotel and to the Airport. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Airport transfer was 25$ for me. It's rather expensive for 10 minutes trip. Even if I tripped in 3 o'clock in the night.

Nice staff, very clean and absolutely quiet location.

There awas an extra fee when we were leaving the apartment not mentioned anywhere. They called it a city tax. In my case (1 night, 1 room) it was 6 eur. Also, the location is pretty uncomfortable if you are traveling without car. Taxi is 20+ eur and there are very few places to see or to eat around.

The room was very comfortable and modern. The were various facilities aroung the place and some nice shoping centers around the area.

Wi-Fi did not always work well.

Friendly staff, quick & easy check-in. Good breakfast with great coffee, fresh fruits, waffles, cakes, eggs etc. Free parking. Nice rooms. Good value for money.

Although advertised as close to the airport, it cost €20 each way in the taxi which reduced the 'good value' rating.

We arrived from the airport around midnight and were collected by a taxi arranged by the hotel- excellent customer service and a free upgrade were really appreciated. The spread at breakfast was varied and met our requirements. Again In the morning, nothing was too much trouble for the staff. The rooms and particularly the bthrooms were of a high standard. We have already booked to stay again on the last night of our holiday.. thank you!

Frontstaff was friendly, but restaurant staff was really bad. The worst experience we saw in Italy. Food was bad, but staff was even worse. Avoid hotel restaurant at all cost.

Location excellent, short drive to the airport, close to the highway, but still very silent in the room.

Place is not so good if you want to really see Bergamo city. Is aeroporto hotel, so without car is not possible to get to the center without taxi which is quite expensive.

Services of the hotel and Mr. Bresciani´s work on Recepcion was perfect. Room was nice, clean and breakfast soo good.

Shower's drain was clogged and I had to take a shower while my feet were soaked in dirt of past guests. Staff was informed and they offered nothing.

Good price. Nice parking.

Location was terrible no shops close by except from the other side of the motorway and you had to go under a tunnel it rained and the tunnel flooded meaning we couldn't get to the supermarket

Beds were comfy

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Small shower despite renovated rooms. We liked standard rooms much better than superior rooms because superior had carpet instead of laminate floor and old-fashioned furniture. Location next to highway in commercial district convenient but not pretty.

Renovated rooms, next to highway but hardly anything to hear inside room, underground parking, good breakfast buffet. Friendly staff. Would stay again.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

The food in the restaurant was overpriced, expensive and not really tasty. Some of us did not like the look of the room and shower.

We chose the hotel because of it proximity to airport and that's what it was. The breakfast was good. There is a free parking by the hotel and you can print your boarding pass in the lobby

Very good location, when you need an accommodation near Airport. Beautiful modern interior, very clean, super comfortable bed! Staff very friendly and helpful. Delicious dinner in the restaurant as well as breakfast with a wide variety of food. Enough free parking spaces.

- Quality of the bed (very rough; absolutely not a 4-star hotel standard, maybe a 2-star hotel standard) - Distance from Bergamo Airport: 15 min by car (it's not actually an "Airport Hotel")

• Standard Twin Room

Breakfast is too expensive and there is no transportation apart from taxi which is expensive if you want to go to the city. otherwise you have to walk a fifteen minute route to the train stop and if you carry bagguage it is not easy

Staff was friendly and helpfull, the room was clean with comfortable beds.

• Standard Twin Room

since the name is mercur bergamo, they do have another in centre bergamo where our gps has put us to that direction. the location was Stezzano, but it is not very well highlighted as a location Stezzano. Infact when we arrived to the one in Bergamo, receptionist told us that alot do this particular mistake.

very comftable and accesessable parking

The location is near the highway but fortunately the windows kept out the noise almost completely. For some travelers the location might be an advantage though.

Helpful and pleasant stuff. I didn't like the first room and immediately I got a new one. Perfect! Breakfast was good.

We like everything..airport just 4k away

We went there with my boy and 3 more couples and all of us we were very satisfied with this choice..it is in a comfortable place for us just 3 minutes from the exit to autostrada and it was very convenient as we went also to other places except bergamo..the breakfast was very nice and with plenty of choices..also the stuff are very polite and helpful..last day we left very early in the morning and Anis made coffee with biscuits for us..He works at the reception in the night and he is very nice person..the room size is good and very clean..thank you

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

• Standard Twin Room

Normal breakfast, but not so good as it was described in the previous comments. There are no cafes and restaurants near the hotel

Good place to stay in case if you just arrived or about to flight. Free parking + great place to go everywhere if you have a car: lots of roads and highways near there. Good wifi.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

I only stayed here about 8 days ago for one night but find it difficult to say anything about the hotel as it certainly would not stand out for anything apart from the shine on the bathroom taps. Reception was manned by two young men who looked like they were college students working part time and were totally disinterested in the job. No help with wifi problems or directions. Asked for outside view- got view of scrap thrown outside a nearby business. Front overlooks busy road. Room was modern and bathroom was spotless. Breakfast was ok. Wifi was the worst I have ever encountered-only worked beside reception and seemed to be based on using some hotspot connection instead of a proper system. Overall the hotel had zero atmosphere and I think you need more than shiny taps to encourage people to stay in your hotel.

Very clean bathroom . Parking on site. About 10 minutes from airport-but you would need sat nav to find airport from the hotel.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Internet speed. Nowadays is unacceptable to have an internet speed with such poor quality. Fact that is free it doesn't make any better once is misleading the decision process.

Checking process.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

The free wifi signal was a bit random and we were unable to connect to our Whatsapp messenger. The shower stall in the bathroom is cramped, even for short people and yet there was plenty of room to have made it bigger.

Friendly staff, efficient check-in and check-out. Convenient location to the airport. The corridors are narrow but the room size was okay as was the bathroom. However, the shower stall could have been made a bit bigger. The hotel was clean and breakfast was excellent.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

• Standard Twin Room

The restaurant is a tad bit expensive and the food diversity was not so big so it was not an attraction for us. They should think about changing the menu.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

Bike in fitness room was out of order and equipment could use a wipe down.

The staff are charming, capable and elegant. Soundproof rooms - slept like a log! Fitness room. Great decor. Large shower.

• Standard Twin Room

Is the second time I choose this hotel, close to the airport, clean, goid food in the restaurant.

Coffee

Rooms bright and clean

I liked all

Super clean, crisp bed linen

• Standard Twin Room

It is worn out- needs refurbishment Not enough light in the room

it was clean

Not easy to find without a GPS. Need to use a toll road to reach it.

Clean, modern facilities. Good value.

• Standard Twin Room

Friendly staff and good value for money

Industrial area location,

Convenient , near the high way Good quality food in the restaurant

Difficult to get there by public transportation.

Unfriendly staff.

Clean and comfortable hotel.

Great value for money. 5 minutes drive from BGY.

The receptionists were rude and didn't speak English.

Very close to the Bergamo airport.

Price/quality is good. The location is close to the airport.

Friendly staff, rich breakfast, comfortable rooms, very cheap!

The room was very quiet, despite of nearby airport.

Not very good breakfast

Quiet place in spite of motorway,

• Standard Twin Room

very close to motorway, noisy if window is opened

very clean , nice staff , easy to reach

Lovely breakfast!

Miss a ketle and biscuits

Bedding and cleaning...breakfast was amazing

Very friendly staff. Good breakfast. Pleasant stay.

CORTESIA ED EFFICIENZA AL CHECK IN

far

clean

Carpet in the room little bit to old...

We choose this hotel many times and we come back again. Thank you for hospitality.

You need a car and a RELIABLE GPS

The parking WiFi Bed comfort Breakfast Price

bad connection to Milano.

• Standard Twin Room

The hotel rated as 4 stars. Actually it is 2-3.

Very friendly staff and good service

A great, comfortable hotel.

Slow check in.

Good room, comfortable bed, clean, free car park, very good value for money

The brekfast was very good!

• Superior Twin Room

Too away from Bergamo and too close to the main road!

Nice bathroom!

• Standard Twin Room

The hotel is located far from anything in an isolated area. Without your own car it is impossible to move. Very expensive taxi.

The hotel , the staff.

horrible atmosphere

• Superior Twin Room

Big distance from any way of transportation .Taxi is 20-25 euro .

Good Hotel, free parking, very good breakfast, about 10-15 minutes by the car from the airport.

Hi, Nice staff, fast checkin 10 min from airport!

Nothing in particular

Nice and clean. Good value for money

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

It was very noisy.

Close to the airport,good breakfast, garage

Brekfast could be better.

Browse Mercure Bergamo Aeroporto traveller photo gallery