Reviews of Hotel Piazza Di Spagna 3 stars

Via Mario De' Fiori 61, Spagna, 00187 Rome, Italy

#160 of 921 hotels in Rome

9.7

I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Location, location, location with friendly, warm, attentive service. Our room was quite large and maintaining the feel of Rome instead of opting to modernize and sterilize the hotel into another duplicate of a chain establishment. Several very good restaurants across the street and within half a block make this ultra convenient and when they say “near the Spanish Steps” they mean it—literally a short block to the steps and the Spagne Metro station, yet on a small, quiet, one way street. The restaurants across from the hotel closed about eleven, so it was never an intrusion to a great night’s sleep. Bathroom is somewhat small and two women and their toiletries need to be creative. Oh, and bonus points—the windows open!

We stayed 4 nights and the room wasnt cleaned properly every day.The bed needs repair.

The location is very good , it is 2 min from The Spanish Steps.Though it is very noisy.Our room faced the street and we couldnt fall asleep at night .There areThe rooms facing the street shouldnt 2 restaurants next to the hotel entrance and people celebrate until 3 o'clock in the morning.Nobody warned us about it.

The mattress was a bit harder than I like, but that is super minor. Strange pillows with springs in them. Mini fridge was not really cold.

Super clean bedroom and bathroom. Ample natural lighting and shutters for the night to make it extra dark and peaceful. Very nice and helpful staff, you will feel welcomed and well taken care of. Best location ever! In the center of all must see sights!

Room is tiny...

Wonderful location, 3 minute walk away to metro station, very close to Piazza di Spagna and also some stores. Staff are very kind, they showed us the tourism route and helped making taxi reservation.

• Economy Double Room

The location is perfect the staff is excellent. Francesca and the gals in the breakfast room were wonderful. So kind and accommodating. The rooms are sparse but very clean. It’s a great value in a perfect location to everything. I would recommend it. 😊

The wifi in my room is not stable unlike in lobby.

The staffs are very friendly and helpful. They do everything they can to welcome us and make everything convenient the most. The location is closed to Spagna station easy to go to many sightseeing places in Rome. The room is clean.

Shower stall was quite narrow but got used to it after a few days, figured out how to better maneuver. I'm sure there are rooms with larger showers and bathtub but we booked at bargain rate for Superior Double Room. Other than that shower being such tight quarters, the room was just fine.

Comfy and clean room, very decent complimentary breakfast and each employee was so extremely nice and helpful. We were made to feel welcome and appreciated as guests. Excellent location.

The facility to make tea / coffee in the evening would be very welcome. You have to go out to a restaurant / bar to get a hot drink. We thought that the room was tending to be expensive when you add on breakfast cost of 10 Euros per person.

Staff and room were very good. Excellent location for sight seeing.

Room on the smaller size and bed was a little hard but not bad. Terrace was closed because of renovations.

Location was perfect. Breakfast was nice and delivered to room in morning. The staff was very helpful. Nice bathroom and good size shower. Also has an elevator as well as wide staircase. Great restaurant across alley way.

The breakfast room was being refurbished so the only option was to have breakfast in our room. We did that one morning - it was fine - and the other morning we ate in a local cafe. The wifi kept dropping which was a bit irritating. Reception rebooted on two occasions on one evening, but it didn't fix the problem. The bathroom was a bit tired and cramped for a 'superior' room.

The hotel is in an excellent location, right near the Spanish Steps metro station with a couple of stops to the main station, and also in the shopping area of Rome. It is easy to walk nearly everywhere from here. We had a good, quiet superior room. Other, perhaps better rooms in some ways looked on to the street and we heard these were extremely noisy both with carousing party goers and dustbin collectors who started very early in the morning. The staff were very helpful and friendly. Good shower with very hot water.

Our room was overlooking the street, across from an outdoor cafe. VERY noisy at night and early morning when nearby cafe was bringing tables and chairs in and out. We moved to a room at the back of the hotel - much better.

There was nothing to dislike about this hotel. It is a gem!

Lovely breakfast - self service. Gorgeous breakfast area.Very friendly staff. The location of the hotel is minutes away from pavement cafes, the Spanish Steps and the via Della Condotti where all the designer stores are.

Wallpaper was escaping on one wall :-) Bedroom door didn't lock automatically. Room was on street side and noisy early some mornings. It has a bar but tiny, unfortunately not a bar in traditional sense.

Breakfast was adequate but basic, croissants varied from plain to flavoured, staff pleasant. Location near Spanish steps was perfect for us. Reception mapped out all the sights. Air con worked fine.

The sheets didn't fit the bed and they need new pillows. The shower was so small that you didn't want to drop the soap because you were going to have to get out of the shower to get it.

All in all a great hotel with convenient location just steps away from the Spanish steps and the staff was extremely helpful

View from our room not to appealing.

Friendly reception staff, Franchesca and Alessandro went beyond our expectations will help and advice. Thank-you. Breakfast staff friendly and efficient, remembered coffee likes.

The staff were friendly and accommodating as our flight was late night. They allowed us to use the shower and roof top terrace after we checked out. Position is fantastic!

We booked this hotel as it advertised a hydro massage shower as I have suffered severe discomfort since I sustained a fractured pelvis in an accident. The picture of the room shown on Booking.com was not the room we were allocated and although the staff were insistent it was the same standard, the hydro massage shower did not work, in fact components of it were clearly missing. The staff did come to inspect it and got soaked. However you would expect this to have been done before we arrived. This was not fixed during our 4 night stay. In addition, the floor space of the shower room was very small, in fact we had to sit side ways on the toilet as there was no room for our knees. We are not big people, we are well within the healthy BMI range. The room was dark, the window looked out at the boiler and there was an additional bed which looked like a cot. We had to use this for our luggage as there was nowhere else to store them. This room no. is 114 - if you book a Superior room then check this is not the one allocated to you. On our return to Rome for our final night the front of staff welcomed us and said that we had been allocated a much nicer room and the shower worked. This room no. is 108 and when we went into this room, this is the room shown when you book the hotel on Booking.com. It is spacious, light and has a view of the street below. A restaurant is opposite and you can hear lovely music. The shower room is very big and the hydro massage shower worked!!! It was amazing. When I queried with the front staff why we did not receive this room when we first stayed at the hotel, as this is the one featured on booking.com they were insistent room 114 was of the same standard. When I pointed out that it wasn't and believe me it really isn't of the same standard, the member of staff was very rude. They were not apologetic, did not have empathy with the fact I did not benefit from the hydro massage shower and seemed really put out I was complaining.

This was the most amazing stay after a bit of a disaster in a previous hotel!! Most amazing warm friendly welcoming and a free bonus upgrade which complelty made our holiday!! Could not fault this hotel! The staff were very willing to help and answer all our questions about Rome, the room was spotless and comfy large king bed! Perfect location! Would 100% stay here again and recommend to friends and family.

Not really important but it would have been nice with breakfast starting at 7:00 rather than 7:30.

Quiet, clean, good location, helpful staff and pretty good Internet. On the whole very good value for the money.

The air-con in the room was strange, it would say 17 on the control. But on the actual unit it would say 25. Didn't keep the room cool at all. The fridge took ages to cool anything

Location was fantastic, suited my needs prefect and would happily stay again. Staff friendly

For your money, you won't find a better or cheaper option near the Spanish Steps. Staff were helpful in helping us organise our day trips to places.

Excellent hotel in the heart of Spagna a two minute walk to the Spanish Steps and shops the staff are great and bent over backwards to make our stay enjoyable and would recommend it to anyone who's visiting Rome l give it 11/10.

The bathroom was so small and the mini bar did not work properly

I asked the hotel, after making the reservation, to assign me a specific room (according to the pictures) and they did; it really satisfied my needs. The sofa bed was very good (not different from the normal bed) and it was located in a separate area of the room (something you don't really find in so many hotels). The hotel location was brilliant and the staff extremely helpful and nice. they told me about the best places to have food nearby.

The only thing that I can see that needs attention would be to have the wifi more reliable.A

Personal service for your breakfast coffee. Very helpful staff.

• Single Room with Bath

My room (single room) had just a small window into a very dark utility shaft - meaning it was completely dark all the time, no daylight at all (and air condition on around the clock). I found this very depressing. I would not have booked it if I had known this beforehand - there was no indication in the room description that this was, in effect, a windowless room. Not recommended.

Great location, friendly staff, acceptable breakfast

There is noise from the restaurants and wandering musicians until 11pm on the street in front of the hotel (but isn't the evening culture one of the reasons to come to Rome?). At 7am there is street noise as they clean up from the night before. Shower stall was very tight.

Location is great; the best shopping in Rome is just around the corner and the area has plenty of restaurants at all price/quality levels. The hotel staff members were all very pleasant and helpful. Our room was larger than we expected. Plenty of hot water for the shower.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

• Single Room with Bath

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

The location is absolutely near everything! The staff was fantastic. Francesca, specifically, was so helpful and friendly. I wish I could have stayed longer.

• Single Room with Bath

In the hotel my room was in between elevator and staircase so I heard some noise from other guests Cleaning lady tried to enter the room at 08.30 on Sunday morning!

Location was great, room small but with all necessary things available

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Our room was to the front of the hotel and we were disturbed by the local bin collection and outdoor cleaning services each morning. Not much the hotel can do about this apart from putting in triple glazing which would make the rooms very hot in the summer.

This was our second time to come to this lovely Boutique Hotel which is in an Excellent Location and only a walking distance to the majority of the main sites & shopping areas. Will definitely return.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

it was just as I expected from past reviews - I liked everything

bed fine...comfortable...I upgraded to a double so I had plenty of room ...staff lovely and helpful. breakfast very good . great location.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

Bathroom in our room

The management and staff at the hotel are very friendly and are always pleased to help. The hotel is situated near big brand shops and beautiful restaurants. Hotel spotlessly clean - rooms were cleaned everyday! We came to watch the rugby and recommend the hotel to all our friends and family. Will book again.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

although I had indicated on my reservation form via booking, I stayed at a noisy room nr 128 . And a frequent bad(wc) smell at the room accompanying with humidity smell. But I must say that I did not say anything to hotel staff till the leaving day, otherwise I'm sure they would do whatever necessary. I did not say anything as I went out early in the morning and came back late. My and my daughter's main aim is to live the city not the hotel and our only expectation is a simple but clean, secure, quiet, centrally located hotel, not an additional 1 facility indeed...

location & staff very central ... lots of good breakfast, dinner and lunch possibilities around. I walked everywhere around. Staff, Francesca, Alessandro are all very kind and helpful everytime :-) I would stay again here .... My and my daughter's main aim is to live the city not the hotel and our only expectation is a simple but clean, secure, quiet, centrally located hotel, not an additional 1 facility indeed...

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

This hotel is in a perfect location near the Spanish Steps. It has all the charm we hoped to find and our room was comfortable with every amenity we needed. With our street front view it was a wonderful room, We walked everywhere we wanted to go within the city from this lovely hotel which was absolutely fantastic. The staff of the hotel were all very friendly, available and helpful with 24/7 staff coverage at the front desk. The hotel offered a nice breakfast too though we were so busy with early am tours etc that we were only able to enjoy that once in our 4 day stay. Still, the hotel provided us with breakfast bags to go and that was a nice bonus for us.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Dim lighting outside our particular room (126) made locking and unlocking the door a challenge; and a scarcity of bathroom surfaces on which to set a customary array of toiletries.

This was our second stay at this family-owned, boutique hotel. The Spanish Steps location is perfect for being far enough away from the historic center, yet close enough to walk to Borghese, Pantheon, Navona and Vatican sites, and a Metro station. The personal attention of the staff is really the distinguishing feature for us.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Room right next to the elavator, so if some one opened the elevator door, we couldnt get out. Breakfast selection was poor. The lift was a bit scary and out dated.

room was spacious. Receptoinist was kind and sweet. Very helpful! Location was a 10/10.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

There was never a hot dish for breakfast. It was all cold or room temp. The room was very hot. The bed was very hard. It was so hard we had to ask for a room with a better msttress. No valet service for the luggage, so that was a huge issue. The third floor has 2 extra small landings which are really hard to pull a suitcase on rollers over. The location could not be better. We would love to come back but they must make some changes.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

Our stay was wonderful

The hotel is comfortable and the room very large but it was the staff at breakfast everyday that made our stay wionderful. When you stay make sure you ask Razic for the best cup of coffee you will get in Rome and he will make it for you! We will always go back.

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

mini bar prices :P

Location is excellent with one minute walk from the Spanish steps and metro/underground/subway station, less than 10 min from the di trevi fountain and about 20 min walk from the Colosseum. Two stations away from The Vatican. Staff was very nice especially the cook - what a nice guy! - makes very good cappuccino (make sure to try)

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

The location of hotel was spectacular. A bit noisy in the morning and at night if planning to go to bed early. However these issues are outweighed by the location.

• Reviewed: 24 June 2016

It would have been good if the bar was at the front were you could sit and watch the world go by.

Breakfast was lovely and the Chef was happy to make you anything you wanted and the craic with him was very good.

Stayed in May 2016

• Reviewed: 21 June 2016

Nothing - all perfect

The staff made the whole stay so welcoming and brilliant. perfect location. Gorgeous clean rooms. Delicious breakfast in a cute balcony room.

• Economy Double Room

No iron & no kettle for tea/coffee

• Economy Double Room

Great location, clean rooms and good pillows!

The on suite bathroom was very old and dated.

The Staff was very friendly and very helpful. The rooms were comfortable and the location was perfect

Everything was fantastic.

Some noise from the restaurants outside. Normal thing you would expect in a tourist area

Proximity to all attractions

Wifi too slow, needs improvement

Excellent location, nice staff.

• Economy Double Room

Location is perfect, breakfast is good enough and the staff is very helpful.

No issues

Close to everything, very good breakfast and a very nice staff

It could be party on the street and than its noisy.

It is in a great location, the staff is very helpfull and the bed is comfortable.

• Economy Double Room

Polly fasaria mehri arga tin nihta.kie apo noris to proi. Poli kaki monosi sta paratira!

Kalo prosopiko

All the staff were very friendly and helpful -- they never hesitated to deal with any question.

The location. The stuff.

Facility is a bit old

Very good location near by spainish steps and other attractions. Staffes are so supportive and kind. Thanks

too hot in the room

The location was excellent, really helpful friendly staff.

Tv very dated..

Location...nice.commodious room..friendly staff..

The staff, room and locations as well as vale for the stay were excellent. When in Rome again we wold definitely book with this hotel

Great location to the Spanish steps. About 30mins walk to both the Vatican and the colosseum

The restaurants outside can be very noisy at nightime and can go on until 2am/3am.

Well situated for walking around Rome

Bed hard. Wifi poor

Location. Small family run hotel.

Some hot breakfast would have been added

Staff is excellent provided what we needed

Air conditioner struggled in our room. However temperatures were in excess of 40 Degrees Celsius.

Staff very helpful. Location excellent,

Very noisy in the front rooms from the street. Dirty bathrooms.

Location. Price. Finally a kettle in my room!

The pillows were awful

Great location, comfortable bed, friendly helpful staff.

Friendly staff, location.

Location & unique set up..traditional.

Amazing location, friendly staff, enjoyed our stay very much!

Small bathroom

The balcony! And location is excellent!

Excellent location, friendly staff, clean, nice breakfast

Air conditioner was broken throughout stay.

Good location. Friendly staff. Excellent breakfast.

Browse Hotel Piazza Di Spagna traveller photo gallery