Reviews of Hotel Piccolo Portofino 4 stars

Via Duca degli Abruzzi 31, 16034 Portofino, Italy

#4 of 19 hotels in Portofino

6.2

It’s all about Portofino, special place
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The bathroom was small and cramped and had no means of ventilation, the shower head had a new hose fitted that wasn’t the correct one and caused the head to point in any direction other than where you wanted it. There were no bathrobes although slippers were provided and the lighting in the living area of the room was very poor. The air conditioning was on but didn’t cool the room at all and given the heat it made the stay quite uncomfortable. The beach bar closed between 4.30 to 5.00 when we were there and the terrace bar at night also closed around 11.30, they did say if we wanted a drink they would accommodate us but given the bar being 50m down the road it felt like an inconvenience. I would suggest they start to use the bar in the restaurant area. In all given the cost per night we got 4 star service but not 4 star quality of accommodation.

The location is amazing with the the secluded beach and beach terrace bar it makes the hotel quite special. The staff are great and very attentive with nothing being to much trouble and breakfast was also pretty good. We stayed in room 304 which was a good size and had a small balcony with a stunning over looking the sea.

Breathtaking, perfect and bucket list ticked
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The fast we were only there for one night!

The hotel is in th most stunning location in Portofino, with a little shaded pathway to th main square. We were upgraded to a room at the front with a balcony. Such friendly staff. Parking a little tricky, go just beyond the hotel to a pull in and someone will take the car away to be parked. Has a tiny rocky beach, with sunbeds and a beach bar. Looked so inviting. Very modern interior, breakfast couldn't be faulted. My only complaint was we were only there for one night - planning on going back soon.

very enjoyable
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

certain parts of the building looked as if they needed some repair work

The breakfast was magnificent - the staff very friendly. Very close to the Port so one can have a short stroll there - beautiful views.

The best location to stay in Portofino
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The location of the hotel was just perfect as it’s located in the prettiest spot in Portofino! Our room’s balcony had a picturesque view over the bay with turquoise water, colourful houses and some yachts, the view was like from a travel magazine. Even though the beach in this bay is not private, Hotel Piccolo is the only one who has sun loungers available on the separate landings, where you get sunbathing privacy and can enjoy amazing views and take a swim in the sea. So relaxing! They also have a restaurant in the sunbathing area. Loved the modern look of the hotel and the room as well. The room was spacious, marble bathroom and big balcony with a view. The hotel was very clean, the service was always excellent and the staff friendly. The hotel also has its own garage (costs a little extra), so there is no problem with the parking when arriving by car. Breakfast was also good, loved freshly pressed mixed juices. Would love to stay again in this hotel!

Amazing!!! Excellent service
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The staff at Piccolo Hotel is incredible! They went above and beyond any request and where so kind and fun. I just felt like home and I can't thank them enough for the cordiality and flexibility. Always ready to help. I was there for a business trip; I forgot my computer at the check-out and the manager when he realized that, instantly called me and asked me where I was, he took his moto and reached me to give it back , that was so nice. Bravissimi!!! and I highly recommend this hotel.

Perfect Piccolo
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

A one night stay, not enough time to fully relax!

Fantastic view from comfortable room 108. Nice walkway from hotel into Portofino, avoiding the very narrow road. Lovely breakfast. Pleasant staff.

manager was very rude,other staff were very nice and helpful, hotel is so over priced and overated
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

the bed was so hard i could not sleep in it, i spent 2 nights sitting in a chair, when i complained they did try to sort it out by adding extra layers of cushioned like mattresses, but it did not help

the view

ポルトフィーノの街に近かったこと、部屋からのビューが最高、泳げたこと、などなど。
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Dear Maneger of Hotel Piccolo, Hello.  I stayed at your hotel with my wife, Eriko Arima for 2 nights from 25 to 26 and checked out on 27 of May. We had such a luxury time in beautiful Portofino and we are very satisfied with your hospitality, nice view from our room, good breakfast, service and everything. I would like to thank you again together with my husband because you made our stay very special. We were in Rome until Wednesday, 30 of May. My wife happened to realize that She was missing a black watch of a brand O BAG which she recently bought in Bologna a week ago and matching necklace and bracelet which color is silver. There is a possibility she may have left her things in our hotel room #108. I would appreciate it if you could see the drawers and the floor under the bed or sofa. I’m truly sorry for bothering you. I would like to thank you for your cooperation and I ‘m looking forward to hearing from you as soon as possible. Sincerely, Kiyoshi Arima

ポルトフィーノの街に近かったこと、部屋からのビューが最高、泳げたこと、などなど。

Great view spoiled by poor room layout and shoddy bathroom maintenance.
    • Deluxe Triple Room with Sea View

The layout of the room was poor and we weren't advised prior that the bedroom and bathroom were upstairs from the living area via a spiral staircase. No wardrobe space in the bedroom. Shoddy maintenance in the bathroom with the wallmounted toilet flush not properly fitted and the shower leaked. Everything felt a bit old and tired and for 600 Euros a night we don't expect that kind of shoddiness.

Great view from our window. Some of the staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good.

Great location, right by the beach with private access.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Room was in the lower ground floor and smelled like damp. Get a room from the second floor up.

Great location, right by the beach with private access. Few minutes away from centre of town. Staff super friendly.

Excellent stay.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The hotel is located in front of a little beach where the hotel has a private terrace with lounge chairs and towels available for guests. A scenic path connects the hotel to the main square of Portofino. The room was big and comfortable and the only negative point was that it had only small windows. The personal was very kind and the service to the highest standards. Breakfast was very good. There is a parking service that, in Portofino, was very much appreciated.

Absolutely outstanding

I didn’t like leaving!

What a fabulous fabulous hotel!!! Room very comfortable, staff can’t do enough for you, breakfast amazing, and the location is out of this world.

The Maitre in the ristorante is absolutely fantastic.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

We didn't like that we had to leave!

Perfetto, the hotel and staff was excellent, our room was fantastic with a magnificent view of the sea. The location was perfect and exceeded our expectations. A short walk down a quaint cobblestone path and you're in the main harbour of Portofino. Lunch setting in the outdoor sea side cafe is exceptional.

The location was fantastic.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The only little thing we would have liked that we didn’t have was some tea/ coffee making facilities in the room.

The location was fantastic. We had an amazing view from our small balcony. Breakfast was plentiful and fresh. We had dinner one evening and the food and service were very good. The loungers across the road were great and very relaxing.

Charming little hotel in a charming town!!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Hotel of this standard could have provided complimentary bottle water and a coffee machine.

Good Breakfast spread. Staff at the front desk were very helpful. We had a room with a lovely sea view.

A fantastic hotel in a lovely location, good food, fab weather and friendly staff.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

There's nothing I didn't like.

Rooms were clean and comfortable, staff at all levels were extremely friendly and attentive. Restaurant was well catered for, menu was varied and food delicious.

Excellent breakfast with very attentive and kind staff
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

All excellent - just two things - two remotes for TV is outdated ( tv + decoder ), and the aluminum vents of the A/C system should be dusted off once in a while... :)

Excellent breakfast with very attentive and kind staff

One of the best lodging experiences we've ever had.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The current water shuttle schedule should be a available in the lobby. The staff tried to help on this, but there were some doubts as to the current schedule "I think it leaves at 10". The in-room safe didn't work.

The location is like a dream. Opening the shutters and hearing the waves lap against the rocks below is wonderful. The staff was friendly and super attentive (and possessing excellent English language skills). The most comfortable bed we experienced in Europe. The in-house restaurant is one of the best places to eat in Portofino (Thanks Mike and Sabatino).

Lovely we will definitely put on a ‘must return’ list
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Everything - superb position to walk safely to portofino - own mini beach just across and down to sea, superb friendly staff and food great in the restaurant

Great hotel, very good staff and a highly recommended place to use as a base to explore Portofino.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The only small observation would be that there didn’t appear to be anywhere in the hotel, such as a lounge or bar to sit and get a drink during the times when the dining room wasn’t operational. That said we asked for a tea and a coffee at Reception and they were more than happy to assist.

Very friendly and attentive staff throughout the hotel. Great location for Portofino, in an idyllic spot. Wouldn’t hesitate to recommend or visit again.

This place is unbelievable value for money and I would come back here in a heartbeat!

...nothing

Hotel Piccolo exceeded my expectations! I emailed them before I arravied and made them aware I was going to propose to my girlfriend on the Saturday night! They could have been more helpful! ...the staff were so kind and welcoming! ...any requests I had they made sure they delt with this... what a beautiful place and our balcony view was breathtaking! ...highly recommended!!

Amazing hotel and facilities.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Location is great, right next to the bus stop and just a 5 minute walk to town. The staff were amazing, and upgraded our room for free with a beautiful view of the sea. The breakfast was great too. Overall very happy with our stay.

should be much cheaper

it was a very rainy day and night so we couldn't really walk to Portofino itself and had to dine in the Hotel. food was okay but not great and pasta was served cold. the air condition in the room made terrible noise and there was no hot water in the shower.

staff was very pleasant and helpful.

Heaven!!
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The room was a tiny bit cold but I found an extra blanket and I was comepltely toasty after that. Also it is quite expensive but so is everything in Portofino and I just loved my stay there!!

The hotel staff were amazing! One of the very few people that would actually speak italian to me despite my obvious accent when I try to speak. They took my bags for me and organised a taxi for me and even recommended restaurants in town. The room had the most amazing view onto the private beach and the hotel is only 300m walk from town. Breakfast was absolutely amazing! I would eat there forever if I could. Would definitely go back again f I could afford it Haha!

Perfection

Nothing is not to like

Everything was just perfect. Never been with employees sooooo nice. Shower great, breakfast great, bed great, location perfect. No complaints at all.

A slice of the Portofino magic enhanced by our charming Hotel
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Boutique atmosphere. Staff really nice and helpful. Lovely private terrace. Easy walk into the village.The breakfast was delicious and plenty of it. Intriguing beach bar and beach, with places to rest, we were there over New Year, so no swimming or sunbathing!

Wonderfully wonderful :)
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Everything ! I love everything, we got a nice room with the best view! We woke up to the sunrise. Breakfast was great, the staff was nice and helpful.

A truly memorable place.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The quality of the room, the friendliness and efficiency of the staff but more than anything the view from our room and terrace was spectacular.

Overall a great stay - Portofino is beautiful and the hotel is ideally located.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Very noisy plumbing in the room that disturbs your sleep - think the pipes might be old but very annoying and does interfere with sleep.

Hotel is ina great location easy walk into town and if you are up for it an easy walk around to S Margherita. Breakfast was excellent and the staff a fantastic.

Expensive view
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Breakfast was not very good. Although it was a day or so out of high season the hotel still had guests. The restaurant was nearly full in the morning. Several times both ourselves and other guest had to ask for refills of juice, coffee etc and the food on offer was not replenished once it was finished by earlier diners. For the cost of the accommodation this was very disappointing.

Room was spacious and great view out of window.

Very kind, friendly staff but also professional who go the...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

I’m off-season the restaurant is closed as is most of Portofino. Still eating options after a very short walk to the seafront though.

Very kind, friendly staff but also professional who go the extra mile to help you enjoy your stay. Phenomenal views of the bay. I was upgraded to a room with a sea view and it was spectacular.

Nice place but short on amenities
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

this Hotel was advertised as having a restaurant and bar but neither existed so not really a hotel more guest house. No WiFi except in reception,

Portofino is very beautifu. The hotel is a 15 minute walk to the village.

A view out of a James Bond movie!
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

I didn't like the fact that there was no wifi signal in our room; we had to go to the lobby to connect. Also, although the property was beautiful with a great view of the sea, it was a bit dated and there was some water damage on the walls and we had a small ant problem who were after our snacks!

The view was sensational! The size of the room was also impressive. The walk into Portofino took about 5 minutes, so was very accessible.

Fantastic hotel in a fantastic location with fantastic staff.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

we were charged for parking even though the car was left at the side of the road. There were some ants in the bedroom.

we were upgraded to a room with a balcony overlooking the Bay. It was very impressive. Fantastic breakfast. Could have stayed grazing all day.

beautiful location with breathtaking views
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

a little quite during the off-season with many restaurants and shops closed

good hotel in a wonderful location very friendly and helpful staff great views with a stunning little private alcove / beach

They gave us a really great room with balcony and amazing...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Drinks in room very expensive

They gave us a really great room with balcony and amazing view over the bay. They had English speaking tv shows Good breakfast

very pleasant
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

no internet or wifi in rooms and the reception staff were not very knowledgable about what to do etc

breakfast was very good and the location excellent

The staff were all lovely and helpful.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The Wi-Fi was more or less non existent.

The room was lovely with a super terrasse, a lovely view, and the bed was extremely large and super comfy. A very nice and copious breakfast.

this hotel has a nice view (as we booked room with sea view)...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

toilette was small and needs more stuff for showering

this hotel has a nice view (as we booked room with sea view) and you could walk easily to the main port area

Short walk to Portofino where there are plenty of great...
    • Deluxe Triple Room with Sea View

Short walk to Portofino where there are plenty of great restaurants in addition the hotel's and places to hire a boat to see the coast. We had a triple room with a terrace overlooking the bay and the beach area that was wonderful. Portofino is a must place to visit; the walk to the Castello and the lighthouse are well worth the hike.

Perfect hotel with excellent staff
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

We liked everything in this hotel. The service was excellent and staff was so friendly asking us if everything was ok. We had a seaview bedroom which was spacious and well decorated. We walked from the hotel to Portofino through a nice path with amazing views. We kept the car at the parking of the hotel for our whole stay. We loved the breakfast/brunch, we had everything we could imagine (centrifuge fresh juice, fruit, cereals, yogourt, bread, pie, croissant and much more...). The hotel also has several private terrace facing the ocean with different romantic spots. It was hard to leave this dreamy hotel.

We loved it.
    • Superior Triple Room

Only one problem- the kitchen fan makes a noise when the kitchen is operational which was a bit surprising initially.

Lovely Fresh juice at breakfast Great overall breakfast. Love the location- it is a ten minute walk from centre. We liked this but some people may be less keen. Portofino doesn't really need describing as there is so much info about it. I would say that it is better to stay - Most guides will say "it only merits a day trip" but that is only true if your idea of fun is getting on a boat with hundreds of other people.

Great location, hotel was stylish but lacked the smaller finer things that one expects.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Our room was poor, paint peeling off the wall, the plastic shower had weak pressure and was hand held, we expected more from a 250 euro a night hotel. The bathroom had no soap and one sachet of cheap shampoo, basically lacked sophistication.

Excellent welcome, breakfast, parking and staff.

Stay in Portofino
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Interior is a little bit kitsch... They should give it a little Ibiza lounge touch in Portofino :-) and then they nail it !

Staff - Valet Parking - Breakfast - Private Beach Location is perfect!!

Lovely place to stay to explore Portofino

Noisy roads nearby

Valet parking, v friendly staff, traffic-free pathway to walk 5 mins into Portofino centre; v comfy bed, great shower; worth paying for a sea view; lovely sun loungers with private rocky beach with easy safe swimming access; delicious breakfast

Perfect, i highly recommend
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Matresses difinetly has to be changed, we almost got back aces . This is thebonly bad part of our trip other than that it was one of my best trips ever

View , location beach infront of it. The view was the killer, book the sea view room tho.

Fabulous break but staff rude
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff on duty the morning of our departure should not work in a customer environment. He was obnoxious, rude and just didn't want to help.

Loved the beach, the breakfast was lovely and so much choice. The staff on arrival were really helpful and changed our room to a sea view which was lovely.

Convenient location to access Portofino but better to book a room with a view at this rate
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The room was very dim: only 2 windows with no view. It felt like being in the worst room of the hotel while the price was still premium. No internet access in the room, only from the lobby. No access to the outside restaurant area (best outside spot from this hotel) which was closed during our stay..definitely a pity.

Very nice staff, very convenient spot to access Portofino. Good breakfast as well.

Good value for money hotel with great views if you get a front room.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Room info. TV channel programme, phone nnumbers etc

Amazing position, rooms clean and modern but slightly soul less. Excellent breakfast. Friendly helpful staff, especially the guy working at the beach bar.

Carlsberg - probably the best resort in the world
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Unable to find anything to complain about

Everything was as described, they have an excellent red walkway which leads to and from the centre so getting lost is impossible.

Wonderful holiday made even more perfect by the awesome view from the balcony.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Bathroom was a little small but that's not really a problem. Perhaps a hotel bar inside the hotel would be nice for night cap before bed.

Superb views over the sea from the balcony in the room. Excellent staff and great location, just a short walk to the marina.

Great location but very basic and unloved rooms. A hotel that promises more than it can deliver.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

This is NOT a 4/ 5 star property. The rooms are basic and unloved as are all communal areas. Internal decor is unappealing and the rooms lack any sense of style and comfort.

The location is great.

Excellent location and views with friendly staff and an above average breakfast.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The drive from Rapallo to Portofino in August is incredibly busy and stressful - confident drivers only need apply!

Excellent location less than 10 minutes walk to Portofino harbour. The views are stunning and the valet service was a really nice touch.

Outstanding
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was excellent but the location was quite anonimous as it could have been served in the wonderfull terrace overlooking the sea that is used for dinner service.

This hotel is the perfect choice in Portofino as it overlooks one of the few pebble beaches and has its own secluded sun bathing area with bar and facilities.

Really enjoyed my stay at The Piccolo Hotel, this was my 3rd trip in 7 years always excellent.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

There was nothing not to like about the hotel.

The Hotel is ideally situated for a nice walk to and from Portofino. The breakfast was excellent and the staff all really friendly.

Worths every cent of your money and every moment of your time!
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Only the tv. They could have had a bigger one it was the smallest tv I have ever seen. If I would really think I would also like a bigger bathroom. It is really small and it makes it impossible for Two people to use the sink area at the same time.

I had many reservations as the room I accidentally booked was 16 sqm and was not having any view of the beautiful bay the hotel was situated however as I have asked from the hotel staff they have upgraded our room to a room with a lot of space. The room was perfectly quiete, bed was exteremely comfortable, the decoration was very calming without any exaguration. We loved how well rested we woke up in that room every morning. The room had everything you needed and everything was in good quality. The shutters and the ac were my favorite as a cool and dark room are my musts in a hotel. Also I really enjoyed the variety of channels and quality of the cable channels that were provided without any extra payment. The breakfast was the best I've had among Europe and the U.S.A. Good enough variety with exacalent taste and quality on everything. They even force you to have fresh juices of any kind even spinach/ cucumber etc. I have not even started with the view! It was the most spectacular scenery me and my husband have ever withnessed. We stayed there 4 nights and been at every corner of Santa Margarita, Rapallo and Portofino, the area where HOtel Piccolo situated was hands on the most picturesque area of the legendary province. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They always felt us welcomed in every way and did their best to provide us more than we have asked for. Last but not least, I can not end this review before mentioning how clean and elegantly fresh looking and feeling the hotel was. It was hands down the cleanest hotel I have ever seen. I am a psychopath in terms of my cleaning and I haven't seen any housekeeping staff being so organized, fast but yet exteremely hygienic in my whole entire traveling experience. I don't know how many times they check the rooms I guess whenever we are in and out every time they do the fixing of the bed or empty the trash, even wipe the mirrors for the rooms to be perfect looking all the time.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Will always come back, even if just for the view and the location
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

There is no kettle in the room or wifi, both of these are normal facilities for a hotel of this calibre. There was wifi in the reception area but this is not very handy.

location is great as there is a private beach area and it's a 5 min walk to portofino.

Dirty, tasteless hotel with incompetent staff
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Hotel was dirty, tired, decor cheap and outdated, staff inconsiderate, grossly overpriced for what should have no star rating at all. Rooms filthy and bathroom disgusting. Terrible experience it should be shut down.

There was absolutely nothing to like about the property except the location. One of the worst hotels I have ever stayed at.

Great value for money with just a couple shortcomings.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

It would be nice if hotel personnel would arrange cleaning of the beach, from time to time. Luckily, with bicycles for free one has plenty of options including magnificent Paraggi around the corner. Wi-fi router is dated so connection speed is very slow.

Perfect location - Portofino is just around the corner and Belmondo Splendido terraces are few minutes upstairs. Clean rooms with stylish design and all conveniences. There are bicycles (high quality ones) for free at the hotel, so St Margherita or Paraggi beach are easily accessible. Hotel features cozy terraces with high quality sun beds and umbrellas for free for its guests.

Our traditional lodgings at Portofino
    • Deluxe Family Room with Sea View

The room I was given with my booking was not the one I expected to get. Too expensive for such an early booked room and not the one I wanted

Hotel attendants are great. The view is amazing. Breakfast is wonderful.

Amazing stay and brilliant staff.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

There was no wifi and not all rooms have a good view. We had a view of a wall from our outside area.

The staff were extremely friendly and made the whole stay very enjoyable. We had high expectations given the price and we were not disappointed. The breakfast was amazing with everything you could ever want.

Piccolo perfection
    • Deluxe Family Room with Sea View

Nothing would come back again

We loves this hotel, staff were fantastic with kids, hotel was clean and short distance walk from town. Restaurant was great, including half board in room rate is well worth it.

Unforgettable, romantic and unique! Location... location... location!!!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Price was way too expensive for a 4 stars hotel. They could take more care of cleaning the beach. This is not acceptable for the level of hotel.

Service and attention to customer... Professional and friendly people always striving to do their best to satisfy us.

Absolutely amazing
    • Deluxe Triple Room with Sea View

The shower door didn't close so it was a little uncomfortable to take a shower since I didn't want to wet the floor but also couldn't hold the door with one hand

the staff was very kind and professional, very attentive. Breakfast really good and the coffee amazing. The location is absolutely stunning, waking up to the sound of birds and waves.

Loved it, would go again
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Bathroom was small One gentleman on reception was not very friendly but all other staff lovely

Excellent breakfast, loved the fresh juice menu Very comfortable bedroom

Will be recommending it to our friends.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The room was small but very comfortable bed great shower & perfect outdoor terrace overlooking the bay

Everything. Location staff breakfasts were wonderful

Relaxing weekend in a piece of heaven
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The internet connection is very poor at the hotel room. Although it worked well at the lobby but I wish it was better in the room when I needed it most and I believe it doesn't take much to fix it.

We visited portofino end of May the weather was perfect the views and the nature were so beautiful like heaven the fruits the breakfast the with freshly squeezed juice all was amazing the beach is just a minute from the hotel with showers and you can ask for your towels at the hotel. easy access to the amazing pedestrian walk of Portofino all the way to the port piazza. I enjoyed every minute of my stay.

The staff at this hotel were first rate!
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The rooms were a bit noisy as the walls seem to be a bit thin.

The staff at this hotel were first rate! They even ran after me to give me a towel for the beach and remembered my name. The location is excellent and the hotel has its own private beach area in one of the most beautiful coves. If you are lucky enough to have a sea-view room I'm sure it would be amazing. The rooms are very clean and well appointed. The breakfast is excellent. Not a massive selection, but everything one wants including freshly squeezed fruit juices and eggs made to order and great coffee.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Everything.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Everything.....help with luggage, friendly staff, lovely clean room, turn down service, lovely breakfast and a great location. Would not hesitate to book this hotel again.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Great view , friendly staff , short beautiful walking...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Resturant open timing Could use the great view to have great resturant On the view

Great view , friendly staff , short beautiful walking distance to portofino Clean comfortable room

I would definately stay there again.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Staff were amazing and the view was exceptional. Samuel was the best. He helped us with places to go and how to get there. Sabatino was also amazing.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Very nice location and great view.

Nothing, honestly.

Very nice location and great view.. Romantic as it can get.. Warmest staff I've ever experienced in Italy. Quite comfortable rooms and great breakfast, by the way. Happily will come back again.

Stunning location in Portofino
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Our was a superior room but it was very basic and small however the bed was extremely comfortable and the view from the room was wonderful

The location was amazing! Our room had a balcony and views over the sea stunning. The hotel has a terrace at the front of the hotel down some steep steeps offering a couple wooden sun lounger, lovely - had the area to ourselves. Pleasant walk to the harbour with lots o photo opportunities on the way.

Fabulous location and views.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The incredible views more than make up for the lack of wi-fi and free TV in the room. This is a very peaceful place.

Fabulous location and views. Very friendly and most helpful staff. Exceptional restaurant with delicious breakfast and dinner, with excellent service provided by Sabatino and David.

Sebatino and his team in the restaurant at breakfast and dinner were 5 star!

Bed slightly uncomfortable.

Sebatino and his team in the restaurant at breakfast and dinner were 5 star! They could not do enough to please us and went above and beyond!

Browse Hotel Piccolo Portofino traveller photo gallery