Reviews of Hotel Posta 4 stars

Piazza Del Monte 2, 42100 Reggio Emilia, Italy

#2 of 21 hotels in Reggio Emilia

Wonderful stay
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

The bed was too hard and not comfortable but everything was excellent.

The staff location and facilities were very good except the bed was very hard - could do with a softer mattress.

A splended historic Hotel.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

A great location at the main squere in Reggio Emilia, the most helpful and warm receptionist. A very tasty breakfast with local ham, cheese, oil and balsamico. The breakfast room is the moste elegant we've seen. Our're room didn't have a wiew but was so quiet thet we sleept true rain and thunder ( I'm a light sleeper) . The Hotel also have an eco friendly view, with bicycles for free rent and electrical cars.

Possibly the best hotel in the heart of Reggio Emilia

n/a

This hotel is located in historical (+500 yo) building in the heart of Reggio Emilia. Rooms are spacious and clean, with antique furniture. Breakfast is served in a beautiful hall with frescoes and glass ceiling. Pets friendly. Additional plus is that guarded parking and valet service is available for guests upon request and for additional Euro12 per day.

Lovely old hotel in a beautiful part of town.

The front desk staff were very hit and miss from down right rude and dismissive to just pleasant. They could have ruined our week there if we had not chosen to ignore their arrogance

Lovely old hotel in a beautiful part of town. The breakfast staff, bar staff and our delightful room cleaners were all charming, friendly and aiming to look after us.

They staff could not have been sweeter.

They staff could not have been sweeter. They went above and beyond to help me. Reggio is an very small town but if you find your self having to go, stay at the Hotel Posta.

Delighted to stay here.

The property was in middle of city center, building was very old but nicely restored. Staff was very cooperative and fluent in English. Even though we being vegetarians, we enjoyed our brakfast - good choices of fruits and breads.

Superb hotel in the central location

A first class experience

Excellent service from arrival to checkout- fantastic staff especially reception with a special mention to Stephania at check in who went that extra mile to help us enjoy our stay in both the hotel and in central Reggio Emilia

Great stay!

The building and facilities is well maintaned, however the toilet at lobby is not taken care of carefully. We didnt have breakfast so we couldnt comment on it.

Everything was great except few minor things as mentioned above. Staffs are great. Room is very clean and location is right at the center of the town!

Hotel Posta is a lovely boutique hotel that provides guests with a comfortable, inviting stay in the

With the prime location comes a noisy side street. First floor room on the street side made for loud late night chatter below that made falling to sleep a challenge.

The staff was welcoming and extremely helpful upon arrival. Bikes were available for guests to use, and taxis were called and accessible when needed. The beds were comfortable in spacious rooms. Breakfast was delicious each morning with a selection of meats, cheeses, and breads as well as yogurt and fruit. Eggs were a bit runny, seems to be common prep in Europe. The hotel is located right beside the town hall square and central to the hot spots in town.

We did not want to leave.

The breakfast was outstanding and the breakfast room was stunning. The location of the hotel was perfectly situated in the centre of the historical and beautiful old town.

Another excellent stay.

It was our second stay and was not disappointed. Right in the centre of town, secure parking, great rooms, great bathrooms and a good breakfast. It was a Sunday so most of the town was closed but we found a fantastic restaurant just round the corner, Ristorante Italo, which the hotel booked for us. Wonderful experience.

Great old hotel kept reasonably up to date with a generally...

Too hot at times with no adequate ability to regulate heat in the room.

Great old hotel kept reasonably up to date with a generally pleasant staff. Two really great restaurant recommendations from the front desk staff. Ristorante Canossa is one of the most authentic dining experiences I've had in 30 years of travel throughout Italy.

The property is absolutely stunning.

The property is absolutely stunning. Our room had large antique glass windows with a view on the piazza. Very nice and clean bathroom. Nice breakfast.

Awesome location, great staff, great communication. Be patient with parking.

Everything was great.

Honestly, we didn't spend much time at the hotel at all. When I made the reservations, I asked the hotel to help us with tours in a Parmesan Cheese factory and Balsamic Vinegar Factory, and they did both and they were both great and we were the only people on the tours, and they were free. The hotel location is awesome, in the center of downtown. Parking is a mess, because the location is awesome, so understandable. We didn't take any meals at the hotel.

fantastic staff, beautiful place, a real pleasure to stay there

Would be nice to have had a dining room for an evening meal. The bar was a little quiet, and appears to have closing hours of 9pm - very early. I feel the bar would have benefited from an evening meal facility.

Breakfast was amazing, waitresses even remembered our coffee preferences, and brought it right to our table each morning without question. Plenty of good fresh food of every kind, in a lovely clean light airy breakfast room

Romantic authentic historical stay

Staying at one of the oldest hotels in the world has got to be worth it - and it was. Located midst a medieval Renaissance town and a great place to explore the city and its environs.

Felt uneasy and unwelcome and couldn't wait to leave the next morning.

Some staff incredibly rude. When called to room to fix safe, upon opening our door staff member shouted at us I DONT SPEAK ENGLISH. Electric wire all around balcony, no note left informing us of this and we were not advised on check in resulting in one of us touching it not knowing any current ran through it. Male staff member who checked us in was incredibly rude and belittling.

Centre of reggio.

A perfect stay in an ideal location in Reggio Emilia!
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

The location was fantastic and an outstanding hotel with excellent service, helpful staff and a beautiful, spacious room. The bikes we could use were free of charge and a lot of fun.

Agreeable, inspirational, relaxing, hassle free

One thing only - the shower head was almost completely blocked by calcification, not in a time and position to go and complain, I cleaned it myself...

Really nice setting and location, the breakfast buffet was not very big, but the quality of the food was much better than the majority of 4 star hotels I've used.

If you like historical places then this is definitely an...

Rather tricky to get at by car since it is in a traffic restricted area of town, but the reward is a nice and quiet, nearly traffic-free zone.

If you like historical places then this is definitely an interesting one, a historical building that has a centuries old tradition of accommodation. Not the sleek modern minimalistic room of so many hotel chains but definitely a lot of character.

Great city, outstanding location, walk to everything. Really great city center hotel.

Both Google Maps and Waze could not navigate to the hotel parking location. Wrong streets, wrong direction, blocked streets. With the help of a friend and the hotel staff, a local location was established which the nav system could deal with then a local map provided by the hotel did the rest.

Great central location

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Nice but ask for quite room before you go, then you won't get one above the bar

Move to quite room when asked early in week.

The room was very noisy and staff were not helpful till I spoke to senior member of staff and got moved on last night!!

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Location, staff, room and bathroom -all was as I would...

Drinks were expensive but one could easily go elsewhere, but there was nothing to criticise. I hope to return one day.

Location, staff, room and bathroom -all was as I would expect of a 4 star hotel. Character of the hotel was good.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

The hotel was beautiful.

Front desk's directions were very vague. They seemed a bit unapproachable. More smiles needed. 😊

The hotel was beautiful. Such a nice variety of food. Daily prosciutto was scrumptious!

Wonderfully historic, and center of city.

there was no coffee in the room. and there was no "lotion" or body crème which is a disappointment.

Wonderfully historic, and center of city. Perfect location, and so much history.

Nice historical hotel in the city centre, with parking facilities.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Unfortunately our room was a bit too "vintage" with the wallpaper coming off and some stains on the ceiling. The toiletries is a bit basic for a 4 star.

The position is amazing, right in the city centre. The historical building is very fascinating and the garage service very useful. There is a minibar service and the room was clean.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

BEDBUG(cimici) !!!!!!!!!

The big surprise of the night came when, in the bed, there were many very small insects, which could not be identified, and another larger one (the one in the picture ). Traces of war (blood) were certainly seen on the pillow and sheet. I want you to understand, however, that nothing is funny. It is inexcusable and absurd that such a hotel in such situations exist. There are a bedbug. We hope that in time the appeared symptoms to disappear and not be lasting effects high. We do not know how it can be avoided such a situation other than by avoiding this hotel. Another guest, In December 2016, has gone through such a situation and here things have not changed at all.

Great service and comfort in a medieval style grand hotel
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

The comfort was designed as traditional (carpeted) four star luxury accommodation. The breakfast buffet was very good. The night times were very quiet

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

1. Very close to the railway station
    • Economy Single Room

1. Very close to the railway station 2. Perfect sightseeing and shopping around the hotel 3. Very helpful staff. I forgot my clothes in the hotels and after I returned back to China, the hotel helped me to send them to China. I am very appreciated.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

Bedbugs and appalling management reaction

Upon arrival, I found my room (374) underwhelming. Rather than exuding old world charm, it merely looked old and smelt musty and the only "view" was of a lightwell wall. The bed cover, when turned down, revealed several large stains. The following morning, I was surprised to find I had several bites on my face and arms. At first I assumed these were from a mosquito as the room was very warm. However, that evening, after sitting reading in bed, I found I had acquired several more bites, now on my back. I asked the man at reception for insect repellent and sprayed the room liberally. That second night I woke several times itching from new bites. Finally, at 2:30am, I put on the light to do something about the problem and was HORRIFIED to see the sheets dotted with what I realised were bedbugs! I only managed to catch three as they all scuttled away to hide. I took these down to reception as proof and asked for a change of room. The hotel was apparently full so I was given a very basic student-like room (245) with a tiny single bed and broken shower door. By the time I'd packed and moved. it was almost time for me to get up again. A virtually sleepless night is not ideal before running a marathon - my reason for visiting Reggio Emilia. The morning receptionist said a better room might be available later on, but couldn't guarantee it, so I decided to check out and go home a day early. Who would want to stay on there in those conditions?? It must be hotel policy to downplay such situations and admit to nothing to avoid embarrassment. Staff did eventually apologise when I showed them the bites, but were generally uninterested, unsympathetic and offhand to the point of rudeness, acting as though it wasn't a serious matter. This couldn't-care-less attitude was rather shocking to be honest (as was their total lack of surprise!). Actually it is a serious matter. Bedbugs are not harmless creatures.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Location is perfect - this was my second stay at Posta and...

All was good, although on our second morning our breakfast choices were limited - only 1 juice and no parmigiana reggiano cheese!!! despite the fact that we were certainly well within the middle of the breakfast time frame!

Location is perfect - this was my second stay at Posta and I'm sure to return! Our particular room was excellent!

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Definitely Recommend

Driving to the hotel was a bit tricky due to narrow and one-way streets.

Great location; beautiful, historic building. Friendly, helpful staff (good restaurant recommendations, directions, etc.). They reopened the bar for our group late one evening so we could enjoy a nightcap.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

impeccable old style service and hotel with a fresh up to...
    • Economy Single Room

nothing . It was a perfect stay. Thanks to all the staff for the effort you put in .

impeccable old style service and hotel with a fresh up to date feel . its at the very center point of Reggio in a palace of 1200 and te hotel dates from 1500. Parking in the hotel's courtyard ..you can immagine the bygone carriages here . Staff excellent , friendly competent .and very well co - ordinated between them .No long waiting . Breakfast very good and very ample . Reggio should be much much more on the internationsl tourist trail . Amazing restaurant ( Italo ) at 200 meters .

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Mixed Feelings

For those arriving in their own car, be prepared for a struggle to find this hotel. I think the hotel should automatically email a route map to all guests. There is a very small car park and you may be disappointed, in which case parking becomes a problem, too. The hotel is very old in terms of longevity, and I'm afraid to say some of its facilities are ancient, too! I do not wish to be unkind, but.......(in no particular order) 1. The lift has no memory, so you could stand there all day if you do not repeatedly press the call button after it has conveyed another passenger to a different floor. 2. The bathroom light was connected to a fan via a time switch; the shut-off delay was about 15 minutes, during which time the noisiest and most ancient fan in Reggio whirred away [room 232]. You need to remember not to switch on the bathroom light if you pay a visit during the night, or you will be kept awake by the noise. 3. The wifi system was useless. I could not connect on the second floor. If you connect on the ground floor, it will throw you out if you go up to your room, or if you leave the hotel. There then follows a lengthy and tedious procedure to reconnect. The Hotel devotes an entire PAGE to its wifi system in the hotel handbook, as if it is some kind of modern miracle. 4. My room, so I imagine all other rooms too, displayed a note telling me how to get Sky TV on our room's TV set. I wasted half an hour trying to follow these instructions. Then I went downstairs and encountered an employee who insisted that Sky was available. He would come to my room to show me. He failed. There is NO SKY TV. Why does the hotel make a mythical claim like this? 5. The bed belonged to another era. The mattress was only about 9" deep, and was very hard. I understand that some people like a hard bed, but this was too much. The pillow was like stone, so I sighed with relief when I found another pillow in the cupboard. But this extra one was like a slab of marble.

This hotel will be much-loved by traditionalists, and without wishing to appear at all patronising I should say our friends from North America would lap it up. It is part of a very historic building and has many attractive architectural features inside and out. It is in a great position in the centre of the old town, and thus ideal for sightseeing on foot. The manager Sr. Sidoli is anxious to give his best for the guests, and makes himself available if one wishes to have a chat. There is no restaurant, but a most delightful buffet breakfast is served and there is a nice, cosy little bar for guests. Pero.............

Room good and breakfast was excellent

The town had little to offer

Room good and breakfast was excellent

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Stay in history
    • Suite

700 year old luxury. Family suite was fabulous with beautiful beams.

Enjoy it so much l cannot wait to go back!
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Nothing not to like, l liked everything about it!!

It was like living in the past, history ... Loved it

Central location.

Breakfast rather ordinary

Central location. Helpful staff. Fantastic building

Nice location
    • Deluxe Junior Suite

Tricky to drive to...

Nice location

Nice staff, breakfast was good with lots of options.

Nice staff, breakfast was good with lots of options. Loved the location

Bravo!

none

I could meet the owner of the hotel and he was really nice!!!

Excellent place, excellent people
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

everything, excellent location, i will definitely be back!

Position and room dimensions

Our room was just above a pub and the noise was really annoying

Position and room dimensions

A good stay

NC

NNC

Perfect accomodation for our week in wonderful Reggio Emilia.
    • Economy Single Room

Great breakfast. Very accommodating and helpful staff. Perfect location. Room immaculately clean.

Great staff in breakfast room and lovely space to eat.

Great staff in breakfast room and lovely space to eat.

Elegant, relaxing stay

Elegant rooms—beautiful bathrooms Great location Excellent breakfast Comfortable beds

Nice staff, well located. Perfect for a weekend in Reggio Emilia.

Mattress was a bit soft/old?

Nice breakfast

Hotel Posta is my favourite place to stay when visiting Reggio Emilia.

The best breakfast in the city!

A beautiful hotel in the very centre of the town
    • Economy Single Room

Brekfast, location, beautiful historical building

The breakfast could do with a lot more choice, very basic.

The breakfast could do with a lot more choice, very basic.

excellent hotel beds comfy break feast very nice staff very...

excellent hotel beds comfy break feast very nice staff very nice very clean hotel lovely shops would defiantly be going back

Location and the ambience

Sat nav directions difficult with regards to pedestionised Areas.

Location and the ambience

Antic location modern comfort
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

The atmosphere and the age of the building

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

We have to change the room, because of an unstoppable noise.

We have to change the room, because of an unstoppable noise.

The wifi was great!

The wifi was great!!!

Great Hotel!

breakfast, location, staff

Reggio Emilia

The food was really good and the orange juice was fresh and yummy

Beautiful Grande hotel

Very hot in room so opened window but was very noisy.

Breakfast was lovely and the room very nice.

Lots of character!
    • Economy Single Room

Lots of character! Central location. Lovely room. Great breakfast!

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Great (I already knew the place with positive experience)

Pillows... too dense

The historical building in general and the room decoration in particular

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

This is my third stay at Hotel Posta.

This is my third stay at Hotel Posta. I wouldn't stay anywhere else. It is a beautiful hotel with friendly staff and central to everything.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

Posta, magical experience.

Wifi it intermittent. Power plugs old style, had to buy an additional converter plug.

Staff are excellent, they make Posta an exceptional hotel.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

Charming Hotel with special flair

the historic Flair is recognizable also in the furniture

Nice breakfast, charming and historic Flair; Excellent Position in the heart of the City,

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

Perfect hotel in reggio emilia

Great location, Amazing building. Good bed and a silent room

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

Simply the best Hotel in Reggio Emilia

wi-fi is not working perfecty and disconnect every half an hour

location amazing historical palace with amazing decors breakfast great

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Food is fine and the bed is a little bit small.

Overall s fine.

Food is fine and the bed is a little bit small. Location is near the own square.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Great stay in traditional surroundings.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

My third year here everything is perfect.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2016

Excellent base for visit to Loris Malaguzzi Centre for...

Excellent base for visit to Loris Malaguzzi Centre for Guided Visit. We were able to use the free bike hire facility, enabling us to fit in some sightseeing around work/training. Very good breakfast, different items daily. All staff very kind and going out of their way to make a cup of tea, find restaurant, book taxi. Lovely, traditional Italian hotel.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2016

We totally enjoyed our stay at Hotel Posta!

Finding the hotel can be a challenge as the GPS struggles to find satellites in the narrow streets. That said the hotel has posted signs on buildings all over the area close to it with arrows pointing the way. Once your GPS quits, look for the signs.

We totally enjoyed our stay at Hotel Posta! It was right in the middle of the old town backing onto one square, and only moments from another. We stayed over their version of a long weekend as Reggio Emilia is quite traditional in that a lot of businesses are closed Sunday's. The Monday happened to be a National holiday for Liberation Day so there were people everywhere celebrating, bands playing and just generally enjoying themselves. Hotel Posta was right in the middle of it all. Open your windows in the room and you can here it all coming in, close them and you don't hear much at all which is great. The bed was comfortable and spacious with lovely high ceilings, the bathroom the same. The shower was powerful, the water hot, the toiletries plentiful. Parking was in the compound for a reasonable price and fully secured, you only had to ask for your car and they extricated it post haste. We found great places to eat within easy walking distance, a Co-op grocery store close by, some amazing deli stores that feature the local specialties like Parma ham and of course Parmegianna Reggiani cheese. The food was definitely the star. The hotel is situated within easy driving distance of the big centers and close to some amazing car museums. The complimentary breakfast is delicious and plentiful and the staff very helpful. We'd love to keep this gem all to ourselves but that would be robbing people of a great place to stay in a region of Italy that sadly, is often overlooked.

• Reviewed: 27 March 2016

The service, the staff is amazing, very helpful with finding...

There was nothing i didn't like

The service, the staff is amazing, very helpful with finding great restaurants. Very clean and impressive surrounding.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2016

Hotel Posta is in a lovely location but a little hard to...

Prior to booking we emailed to ask if it was OK to bring our two, well behaved dogs. The hotel does advertise as pet friendly but we wanted to make sure it was OK to bring two, We were advised that it was no problem. On arrival our young dog barked twice, she had just got ot of the car into a new environment. The receptionist stopped booking us in and just said "I hope it wont do that all night we are full" and then told me to take the dog for a walk. My wife did take the younger dog out whilst I continued with the bookng in process and unloaded luggage. She then went to the room. No sooner was she in the room when the same receptionist called to accuse her of allowing our dog to go to the toilet in the street and that she should clean it up. It was only through the intervention of the porter who told the receptionist that it was nothing to do with our dog but in fact there were two dogs roaming off their leads that she let the matter go. We found her manner offensive and far from pet friendly. We won't be using this hotel again for these reasons but wouldn't discourage anyone else from using it, just don't take a pet!

Hotel Posta is in a lovely location but a little hard to find by car. The building is beautiful and very well maintained. Our room was spacious and the bathroom was wey well equipped and clean. We had no view but we booked with two dogs so we never expect the best rooms. Breakfast was pleasant and there was a good choice

• Reviewed: 14 December 2015

The only downside was that the room was noisy, when people walked by or talked on the street, it sounded like they were in my bathroom.

Great location. Nice room with a view over the Piazza Camillo Prampolini. Very nice hotel.

There are also 43 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Hotel Posta traveller photo gallery