Reviews of Hotel Primavera 2 stars

Viale Cavour 36, 25015 Desenzano del Garda, Italy

6.2

5.3

5.5

towels had to be asked on the reception (probably that was one time incident). late shift on reception spoke only Italian, but some exercises in pantomime helped a bit)). next day the girl spoke good english and was very helpful in finding local bus schedule.

close to railway so easy to find on late arrival

• Double or Twin Room

The staff barely spoke English. The panel above the window broke off and revealed a nest of wasps! Receptionist came over and told us she can't fix it as she has to stay at the reception and no one else is here! Asked us if we could fix it ourselves! We tried, but it needed more screws than there was, so we were told to wait until night porter comes in, at 11pm. It got fixed but was very inconvenient. The bathroom is tiny, the toilet is in the shower - very unhygienic. Bed was hard and uncomfortable - old mattresses.

It was in a convenient location to reach the train station. 10 minutes walk to the Lake Garda. AC was working really well.

The night staff spoke less English than I speak Italian so it made for difficult communication. My map was incorrect on how to get to their hotel (my fault). By the time I arrived, it was very late. I was checked into room 2. I walk upstairs, and the room was stifling hot. I went downstairs and told them the ac controller didn't work. So, they gave me a new one and walked back up. It didn't work. So I went BACK down. The staff went back up with me with 2 controllers. The whole unit was broke. Also the carpet needs to be replaced. They told me to sleep with the window open. I questioned them about the noise. I was assured there was no street noise. BULL!! I was up - sweating - until 03:00. THEN at 07:40 a lady starts yelling in the street and would NOT shut up. I gave up, packed and left. I thought breakfast was included but it wasn't. They didn't charge me to eat. But it wasn't a very good breakfast anyway. Half raw eggs still in the shell. Some sweet croissants (they were good). The orange juice was out. I told the lady but she never refilled it. I ended up eating 2 croissants and drinking some milk. Hardly worth the cost they would have charged me. They did give me 10 euro off the cost of the room but they should have given more.

That I didn't have to sleep on the street.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

• Economy Double or Twin Room

Perhaps breakfast could be a little fresher but was up to standard for the breakfasts usually provided in Italy. Staff & facilities up to good standard & staff were very helpfull when called apon

All seemed reasonable to me, bed was quite good, not uncomfortable, facilities up to my expectations and not pretensous in anyway.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

First, I got a room with a bathroom that had a completely moldy ceiling. When ask for they gave me another room (for which I could make the check-in not before the evening). But from the moment on I asked for another room the straff at the hotel was more than unfriendly.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

• Economy Double or Twin Room

Bathroom was not comfortable or functional (one of those where the shower takes up the whole bathroom).

Very friendly staff. Excellent location close to train station and city center. Wifi strong everywhere, even on the terrace.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

Room Shabby and needed refurb Shower and toilet room small

Staff friendly Close to Train Station Close walk to the centre (10 mins) Air Con in single room

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

I couldn't eat anything in the breakfast. There is no fruits no yogurt nothing. There is kind of yogurt but it it done from pulver/flour.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

• Economy Double or Twin Room

Bed was at the end of its life, but managed to sleep well on it so not a big problem. Room was on the basic side, but we knew this already - it was affordable and meant we could come to Italy. We'd stay here again.

Staff were all very friendly and helpful. Location is excellent - a few minutes walk from train station and a pleasant stroll into town. Dining area and lounge cosy and welcoming.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Economy Double or Twin Room

Aircon would have been nice (especially as it was 32 degrees), and the bathroom could be rearranged a bit so we have more space to stand under the shower (I don't know if anyone still use bidets these days?).

The staff was really lovely, very helpful and always with a smile. The location is pretty good: 2 min from the station (which was handy for us as we had big luggage), and 10 min walk at most to the town centre/lake.

• Reviewed: 1 July 2016

• Economy Double or Twin Room

Wi fi only in lobby. Bed was very soft. We understand its coincidence, but very unpleasent. We asked for the quite room to sleep well, but that night a crazy italian pupils stayed at that hotel and made terrible noise around, so it was impossible to sleep. The problem was solved only after an hour, when our pation were over, and we went to the reception to ask to calm down the pupils Just only after that we could fall asleep for couple of hours.

We stayed in that hotel for one night. It was important for us to stay closer to the train station, because we had an early train. Actually it was also quite close to the lake, just 10 min walk. The personal of the hotel was nice,young smiling, helping people. In the room furniture were quite old, but never the less all were clean and tidy. Air conditioner was working well. For that price quite good hotel, close to the station.

The bad surprise of extra money for late check out (20 minutes). This is not serious.

I have appreciated the location

A bit run down.

Very convenient to the train station.

Small window. Dirty bathroom

Close to the promanade

• Quadruple Room

very old

Position

The bathroom is very small

• Economy Triple Room

Bed not comfortable, the shower to small and the shower curtain was dirty.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Poor breakfast Small single room with poor facilities

Close to train station Cheap comparing to others

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

Bar has no wine, rooms ordinary, bathrooms extremely tired

Close to station

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

• Economy Triple Room

room smells bad, not clean, small, expensive

very close to the train staion, and there are servel fast food shop around

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Quadruple Room

Uncomfortable bed

Good location, nice staff at reception

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Economy Double or Twin Room

No coffee making facilities no English tv channels

Staff were really friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Location was good, near the station and bus station. Breakfeast was good. The place was interesting and lake nice.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

• Economy Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was really cheap and with few fresh food

Open 24/24

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

• Economy Triple Room

Out dated decor. Wet room style bathroom with shower over the toilet. Far from Lake front

Close to the train station

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

The receptionist was incredibly kind, helped me a lot. Great place, clean, close to the train station, good breakfast. I recommend it!!

• Reviewed: 27 May 2016

Rooms and bathrooms very dated and musty. Beds uncomfortable. Breakfast could have been so much better if more fresh bread/croissants were provided.

Reception young lady was very pleasant and helpful.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2015

1. You have to wait about 5 min for hot water. 2. There was no water pressure in the shower. 3. No WIFI internet in the room. 4. No parking place belongs to the hotel. 5. The beds were not comfy.

1. The staff were very friendly and they did everything we asked for. 2. The location of the hotel is quite good. Not far from the city center.

• Reviewed: 14 September 2015

Location near to train station and many other facilities. Helpful staff

• Reviewed: 17 August 2015

Close to the railway station and also to the beach. Good price. The room had AC.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2015

WiFi was not working that well in our room, but WiFi in the reception area was good.

Great location, very helpful and friendly staff.

There are also 13 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.