Reviews of Hotel Principe Di Savoia 5 stars

Piazza Della Repubblica 17, Stazione Centrale, 20124 Milan, Italy

#18 of 424 hotels in Milan

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Every thing was great and highly recommend to everyone to...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Every thing was great and highly recommend to everyone to stay in the hotel specially for honeymooners and give big credit for the hotel staff they are very professional and friendly

Felt closed for summer.
    • Classic Double Room

Bar closes for summer! Had to sit in the lobby in the evenings and order off room service to get drinks. No advance information about this and many guests were inconvenienced. Apart from the thin lobby there was no where to chill.

Smart bedrooms and lovely gym area

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Time for us to find another hotel in Milan.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Price of car parking is utterly ridiculous. I havent paid Euro50 a day to park a car at a 5-star hotel anywhere else in the world! Staff - at no time did we feel welcome in the hotel (other than when dealing with the concierge). Time for us to find a new hotel in Milan.

Cleanliness, comfortable room

Good old fashioned service and very positive overall experience.
    • Classic Double Room

Very helpful concierge who was happy to recommend good alternative breakfast places, directions to restaurants and booking restaurants. Hotel shuttle courtesy bus was also an advantage as hotel was not in the centre of town but not too far to walk some of the time.

The staff was extremely rude, and the experience was very...
    • Classic Double Room

The staff was extremely rude, and the experience was very unpleasant. 20mins after checking in, me and my husband were changing clothes in the room. The door was suddenly opened without knocking or ringing the door bell, the staff just walked in and says he needs to check the mini bar. I was totally shocked, because after he sees us in the room, he didn’t even ask whether he could come into the room or not. He just went straight to the mini bar while saying he wants to check it. After that, I rang the reception and told them my experience, their response were like this is just the normal room service, nothing to worry… If you don’t want to be seen naked in the hotel, I suggest you better choose other hotels in Milan.

Most Beautiful Hotel near train station and old city (10 min walk)

Spa is small, take free shuttle or 6 euro taxi to duomo area or la Breda area ,

5star plus hotel just outside the old city of Milan , beautiful, great mosaic room upgrade , beautiful bathroom and finishes, spacious, excellent breakfast, large indoor rooftop pool, or eat breakfast or lunch at nearby Bianci latte-yumm and healthy

Luxury in Milan
    • Classic Double Room

Very well sized and comfortable rooms Excellent breakfast Very friendly and attentive staff Nice that the hotel is not in the center of the city but an easy 20 min walk (or short hotel car trip away)

Beautiful, well-run, well-priced 5-star
    • Classic Double Room

My wife complained about the sheets and pillow cases. A bit rough for a 5-Star. Should be upgraded. Our linens at home much higher quality.

Excellent decor, room, bath, staff, location. Well-done luxury hotel Excellent value for a 5-Star.

It is close to restaurants and they have a courtesy car to...
    • Deluxe Double Room

No negatives to this property

It is close to restaurants and they have a courtesy car to take you to the city center where you can walk to everything

Great, but for over-charging - good location, Gym, spa Superb
    • Classic Double Room

Overcharged: Reception lady refused to discuss booking. Booked 2 single rooms - 2 nights for @ 270 Euro and 3 nights @ 270 plus 45 per night for breakfast - Told breakfast not included.But had to pay.

Property location and clients of high standard - overcharged 135 Euro - reception lady refused to enter discussions to compensate - 135 was overcharge for 3 breakfasts, not happy - Gym, spa Superb

grand high end older style hotel - a taste of Italy -Excellent gym spa, bar - Concierge most helpful
    • Classic Double Room

Sadly overcharged for breakfast (x 3) Total of 135 Euro. Told breakfast not in my booking, yet charged for 3 breakfasts not taken, as price is what Booking.com had quoted. Receptionist would not budge on price / Out of pocket 135 Euro (not happy) - Will lodge complaint with Hotel management and Booking.com

Concierge most helpful - gym exquisite - many quality restaurants, shops and convenience store nearby close to main train stations Milano Central and Milano Garibaldi.

Best Staff
    • Classic Double Room

The hotel is super elegant and extremely friendly staff.. The hotel customer service is the best, from Reception, to concierge, the waiters, door man, extremely professional, makes your stay very pleasant.

Staff is not attentive anymore and when the hotel is crowded...
    • Classic Double Room

Staff is not attentive anymore and when the hotel is crowded they can even be unpolite against guests. Service quality, which has been the distinctive feature of Principe, has declined in years. Looks like it is going be an ordinary Milanese hotel in time. I am considering trying an alternative hotel the next time when I be in Milan.

Enjoyable,comfortable
    • Mosaic Double Room

Although the value of the room was very high, internet could not download small documents, very little complimentary water in the room only at turn down very small water

I always enjoy the property it is well maintained beatiful property

Will not return to this frenetic and noisy hotel.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Loud surroundings1) incessant barking dog across from us, 2) poor sound proofing hearing all outside conversations and activities - hearing the continual foot stomping above us- hearing my the loud discotheque music outside our room all night_. Every time another’s room shut, out bedroom door would shutter loudly in reverberation . Awful! And we told them in writing 7 months ago and reminded at check in that we were sound sensitive and needed a quiet room!! Outrageous what we went through 3) cigarette smell all night - I am allergic to cigarette smoke and smelled it all night Ruined my visit. 4) poor facilities- the shower sprayed outside the door so we used our dry towels to ensure the floors did not flood while we showered, 5) they skimpped on soap and would not replace our used soap with new soap.

Cynthia was a gracious receptionist

Great historic hotel
    • Classic Double Room

The check-in person was very friendly and efficient. The concierge manage to get us a table at a near by restaurant - of our choice, even though it was late on a Saturday night. The location is central and the hotel very comfortable.

This hotel takes customer service to a whole new level--the customer is king!
    • Classic Double Room

They offer a free shuttle service into the central shopping area, which is great, but the directions about where to pick up the shuttle in in town for the return back to the hotel were too vague--we missed the shuttle one night as a result and had to walk back to the hotel--only about a mile, but still a long way when we were tired of walking all day. This is the only negative I can think of--otherwise the hotel was incredible in every way.

This was an incredible hotel! We had a wonderful room with every possible amenity and we were treated like royalty during our entire stay. We let the reception desk know when we checked in that this was our honeymoon and they sent up a bottle of champagne and strawberries that were delicious. We would definitely stay there again in Milan. The hotel was beautiful and the service was over the top.

One of the best Hotels
    • Deluxe Double Room

There was nothinggg i didnt like ..me my husband and my daughter loveddd it so much

Omgggg thats all i have to sayyy... the staff is super superrrr nice and very helpful with everything u need the Roms are so clean the food is so good everything is very luxury they make u feel like a celeberty from the moment u park the car in the front of the hotel 💜💜💜

Bad Experience- Bad service
    • Classic Double Room

The staff made us pay 3 times the bill at the bar.2 friends living in Milano joined us for a drink and our friend paid for the whole bill.We had 3 cocktails,and 1 beer in total. The day after ,when my partner and I did the checkout we realised that the hotel charged us the whole bill of the bar (4drinks) + the drinks of my partner and I.Then, I said to the man at the reception that it the bill has been paid and he asked us to show the bill.We did not have it because my friend paid. So I told him to check in their computer or with the bar.He told me the bar is closed.I said that he should check in their system.I had to call my friend to confirm the bill has been paid.I was schocked by this service.A 5* hotel should not treat their clients this way!

Frustrating
    • Deluxe Double Room

The room was too hot and the air conditioning didn’t work. The lighting was poor and impossible to read by. Awful music in the public places. What happened to classics music?

Very tasteful furnishings and nice big bed

It was a magnificent time To be in this hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room

I wish if there are more options in the breakfast in the restaurant

The staff were very friendly and helpful,, the service was great,,they clean rooms twice a day,, everything was perfect

Welcome from chauffeur at the airport to the departure was...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Welcome from chauffeur at the airport to the departure was fantastic. Great restaurant, superb concierge service and the check in and check out staff were fantastic

Fantastic
    • Classic Double Room

It's a Dorchester hotel, so you can imagine the vibe and feel of the hotel. Very luxurious and also very pricey, but is exactly what you're looking for if you are seeking luxury.

Nicely gracious facility in central location, reasonable good value for money.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Service was a bit rocky, repeatedly had housekeeping trying to come into room between 9 and 10 am, when there had been no request for the service. Turndown service was hit and miss. Provision of some basic complementary goods (e.g. water at bed, toiletries) were hard to come by and necessitated specific request, waiting, re-requesting etc etc... Would be nice if it was either already in room or if at least request could be handled more smoothly.

Very comfortable bed, bathrooms spacious and lovely to use.

Fabulous hotel with a top-notch staff
    • Premium Double Room

Beautiful room, great staff, good location close to the centre, fantastic restaurant Acanto with a superb sommelier Mara (perfect wine recommendations) and maître d' Pietro. Also the cocktail bar is a must. Marco made memorable cocktails - try his Martinez!

Very friendly and helpful staff. Felt like home away from home
    • Deluxe Double Room

Arrived in Milan with a car and the valet was EUR 50/day, that's too expensive given the secure garage next door costs 80% less

Great lobby and bar, unfortunately did not get a chance to try their well reputed breakfast, good bathroom with excellent products and hairdryer

My Milano Home
    • Deluxe Double Room

One of the great hotels of the world in all ways. There is nothingness no which disappoints here. It is truly a magnificent hotel. From the arrival to the departure every aspect was PERFECT!

Fabulous guest relation staff helped me organise my entire...
    • Classic Double Room

Reception staff at check out was quite cold, maybe not having the best day. Overall food offer not matching the rest of the dorchester collection hotels i've visited. Our bags were left outside with limited security as we checked out at lunch and took a train in the evening... could be improved.

Fabulous guest relation staff helped me organise my entire stay and was super quick and helpful with all my questions. Nice big gym with great view, great pool and spa, awesome bed, prompt service, great location, good breakfast

Exceeded our already high expectations.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Location is a reasonable walk ( say 20 mins) from the city centre attractions/ shops, but not an unpleasant walk.

Wonderful grand hotel of a very high standard. Beautifully furnished and decorated. Great food. Especially friendly and welcoming staff.

relaxing after ski
    • Mosaic Double Room

the breakfast need improvment we asked for hard boild eggs well done and it arrived rare

the dinner menu was great especially the salmon burger and the kids menu food presentation and settings worth the value of money

Luxurious but not over the top
    • Premium Double Room

Beds are very comfy. The bar is the most stylish I've ever been to. Special mention to Osvaldo Locatelli at the concierge for the fantastic personalised service.

Beautiful hotel, wonderful xmas decorations in lobby.
    • Classic Double Room

Clueless staff person at reception on arrival who could not explain why an amount had been debited from credit card prior to our arrival when this was not a condition of the booking. She blamed booking.com when it later turned out that it was a mistake by hotel accounting staff. In addition, my mother had to change rooms due to plumbing problems - obviously no quality check had been performed in her room prior to arrival. Not what one would expect in a five star hotel.

Beautiful hotel, wonderful xmas decorations in lobby.

A really nice place to stay
    • Classic Double Room

The porter and doorman could make efforts to smile and greet the customers! The croissant could be improved.

The room and the staff at the reception-concierge-restaurant are were really nice and professional. The bed was superb. It is a shame the swimming pool was closed!

The hotel used to be amazing couple of years ago, but unfortunately now it's horrible!
    • Classic Double Room

The fact that they gave away my personal information to other hotel guests and ruined the surprise I had planned for my sister and then I got a spider bite on my eye the next morning!

The location.

Great but end with bad impact
    • Classic Double Room

Calling bellman took an extremely long time so I lost my train and obliged to postpone my tickets

Very comfortable hotel Restaurants and breakfast was awesome

Bad.
    • Classic Double Room

First room was dirty and looked like a 3 stars hotel room. Nothing complementary in the room. Had to ask for bottle of water, no coffee, no water boiler, abd we they brought the boiler it was dirty from the inside. I ended up not using it. Had to ask for iron. All basics in a 5 star room was not available.

Good hotel but pricey lacking personal touch
    • Deluxe Double Room

There was no welcome drink/chocolates or extras for the child which we see in most of the good hotels. We paid quite a bit for the stay though :)

The breakfast was a huge spread with vegan and vegetarian options too. The staff was extremely helpful. Bed was extemely comfortable and our room had good views. We were upgraded too .

Relaxed italian luxurie in the city
    • Classic Double Room

It needs just a little bit more luxurie for example; chocolate before sleep, more attention to kids, some att. for returning customer.

Complimentary limo shuttle, breakfast, pool. Very polite but at the same time relaxed atmosphere.

Great hotel
    • Classic Double Room

Waited 20 minutes for the valet to bring our car after check out. Disappointing ending to an otherwise perfect stay.

Beautiful hotel, nice staff, nice room, big bathroom, beautiful crib for our baby. Dinner at the restaurant was excellent, room service food also very good.

Lovely building and staff do ther
    • Deluxe Double Room

Not entirely happy with a 1st floor suite. Dark furnishings and heavy drapes made the room far too dark. Could not access their chauffeur facility as it was heavily booked.of nuisance value was thei WlFi, which required renewal on a daily basis, although it was free. It is a large hotel, which hosts conferences periodically.

Very close to Milano Central but quite a distance from Duomo..

Perfect
    • Classic Double Room

The hotel is perfect in every dimension, facilities and services. We arrived early and got a room, to our surprise, were upgraded to a junior suite.

Lovely hotel full of old world Italian charm
    • Classic Double Room

There was a group staying for the Grand Prix that pretty much monopolies the bar area Also there was a very unpleasant odour near the lift on our floor

Beautifully appointed hotel with old world Italian charm. Staff very courteous helpful and professional. Nice touch courtesy limo.

Absolutely incredible! Would for sure recommend this hotel to everybody!

Nothing at all

The breakfast in the room was absolutely excellent, the bed is extremely comfortable, we got upgraded to a deluxe suit which was amazingly beautiful and super spacious, the staff was excellent and so friendly... i could not havr asked for a better stay!

Everything was perfect!
    • Classic Double Room

Beautiful hotel, very comfortable bed, AC worked well, loved the bath. Great location, limo shuttle was very convenient. Everyone was amazingly friendly and helpful. I felt incredibly spoiled every minute I was in the hotel. Definitely the best in town.

Wonderful stay
    • Premium Double Room

A very beautiful hotel with exceptionally good staff who were very helpful at all times. We arrived a little early from our long trip and were greeted with some water, coffee and biscuits. Our room was available for us earlier than we expected and was very comfortable. Thank you to the very lovely staff and we hope to come back and stay in this beautiful hotel again.

average
    • Mosaic Double Room

very dissapointing at check in, They took nearly double the price which booking have offered without informing me from my visa card as a block for 3 nights. That amount im still waiting to be return in my card. Their computer system is totally a failure when they were dealing with booking.com online reservation.

beautiful room

Great hotel with super poor unattentive staff

Before i book i was in London and stayed in The Drochster collection which i was very pleased with and when i decided to come to Italy and knew they have this hotel part of the group i was so happy to book it however i xame to know the servuce and staff here are totally different. For the service charges you pay, you get unattentive staff working for such great hotel downgrade the hotel. Specially in the Reception area when when i checked out and faced a person called Daniela who was rude and deatroyed the whole journey. I dont recommend anyobe to stay here till changes made.

The coffee area in the hotel.

Pure luxury - we can't wait to return.
    • Classic Double Room

There is literally nothing they could have improved on!

What a wonderful stay at the Principe di Savoia! We were treated so well by all the staff with kind, helpful and sincere service. The quality of the hotel in all aspects is beautiful, luxurious and comfortable, and immaculately clean. Thank you for taking such great care of us, we look forward to staying again soon.

We Love this property !
    • Deluxe Double Room

well just one LITTLE detail - the wi fi had to be reconnected everyday - as the free wi fi for guests is for just one day! Rather have it for the whole stay ??? :) small detail - everything else is super !

This property is an absolute delight ! The service is 7 star !!! From the bell man to the reception to the exceptional concierge !!! Everyone goes out of their way to help! My husband forgot his phone in a cab on the way to the hotel - and we didn't earlier bother to look at the taxi number ! The bell man and concierge were a great help- called up all the taxi companies, described the driver etc - and managed to locate our phone 3 hours later ! The breakfast is super ! They serve champagne everyday !!! 😍😍 made to order eggs, and they would oblige special requests for kids food as well. The beds r super comfy! And BIG ! The housekeeping does a excellent job! They even leave behind a sleep spray for your pillows at night :)))) I LOVE this property n would recommend it to anyone! Even with kids it's great - as it's hardly 10 mins walking from the Duomo and main shopping streets ! Cab's available right outside the hotel - bell man would call one for us ! Super super super 🙌🙌 - also they have a good gym, pool, sauna steam ! Noodle bars and kick boards for kids as well ❤️

Thank you- your hotel is truly perfection!!
    • Deluxe Double Room

This hotel is exceptional- everything is 5 star or above!! Our room was very elegant- beautiful room and marble bathroom were huge and a foyer with closet!! More like a suite! View from roof top patio was lovely and spa and pool were on the top flooor as well- only wished we would have had time to use them.

Amazing Hotel in Milan
    • Deluxe Double Room

Amazing hotel with very friendly and helpful staff. Our room was upgraded to a Mosaic Room, it was very comfortable and stylish. We had a wonderful dinner at the restaurant, Acanto, and also a delicious breakfast the next morning. There is a complimentary limo that takes you to the main shopping areas and Duomo. We had a fantastic stay and would definitey stay again in the future.

Classic Dorchester Group Hotel in Milano!
    • Premium Double Room

The Terrace should be open throughout and not closed during day.

We came back second time in 4 weeks. Pasquale made is feel very good and looked after us nicely!

A memorable experience - more than just somewhere to sleep.
    • Classic Double Room

Breakfast (comparatively) restricted choice, and very poor value. Better bar next door.

One of the best rooms ever. Best bed ever. Room made up twice a day. Great concierge service. Good reception.

Excellent staff and top star luxury hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room

Would like tea/coffee making facilities in the room. Breakfast was expensive. Hotel car service finished early evening. But being very picky!

The staff were amazing especially the conseige. They helped with advice on restaurants, trips and travel. The room was perfect and I loved the pool on the top floor so nice to have a swim first thing in the morning. Lovely touch to have a special something in the room for our wedding anniversary. Great to have a hotel car to take us into the cathedral area.

Lovely hotel. Great room for cocktails and apps. Would stay there again.
    • Deluxe Double Room

There was an unusual smell in the hallways. Maybe the carpet...??? It smelled a little musty. Irritated that the movies cost 20E

The room was very attractive and comfortable. The bathroom was beautiful.

General manager was very rud!
    • Classic Double Room

General manager was very rud! The breakfast was rerribe after what with ambulance we go to the hospital . And General manager was just complainibg that was our fault ... never recomend this hotel!

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Fabulous but very expensive
    • Premium Double Room

It was extremely expensive with nothing included apart from charming staff.

Breakfast fabulous. Bed extremely luxurious. The staff were charming, helpful and faultless.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Luxury hotel, close to down town
    • Classic Double Room

They upgrade us for suit but the price was the same price like if we booked anyway, and the suit was not o big for the money we paid. Food menu for room service is very very poor.

Great place for breakfast, good location. Fantastic staff.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

One of the finest hotels and hotel experiences!
    • Classic Double Room

Staff was truly exceptional! Above and beyond for everyone we interacted with. The free shuttle (mercedes limo) into the heart of the city was a nice touch.

Italian classic with wonderful staff .
    • Deluxe Double Room

On the left of the hotel is a roof top bar . Don't stay on this side of the hotel . Music often goes on until 1am . Its very noisy . I moved rooms as i couldn't sleep.

The staff are wonderful . Ive been staying here for 15 years . Room service breakfast is better than ordering hot food in the breakfast room . Not sure why .

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

The best is the best!
    • Classic Double Room

The service and people are the best!!!! An example.... the bellboy knows and calls you by your name. My bags were lost, so I ask them to keep tracking them. They did a great job localizing them .... In Paris !!!!!

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

A very pleasant staying at Principe Di Savoia
    • Classic Double Room

Not many options for a healthy breakfast including gluten or lactose free options for people either intolerant or allergic to gluten and/or lactose.

Great green juices in the restaurant of the hotel. Concierge recommendations for restaurants near by the hotel were very good. The location of the hotel is very good, being close to all commercial areas either you want to buy fashion clothes or furniture.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Clean, comfortable, nice atmosphere, the best towels I have...
    • Classic Double Room

We were with friends and booked the same category of rooms, but our room was extremely small, smaller than our friends had under the same price.

Clean, comfortable, nice atmosphere, the best towels I have ever had in hotels. Ther are a lot of business and fashion people around. Very good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

The quality of the service, the facilities and the food were...
    • Classic Double Room

Absolutely nothing, no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

The quality of the service, the facilities and the food were outstanding. In our experience hotels just don't get any better.

We had a wonderful relaxing time in a luxury hotel!

We enjoyed the helpful and friendly atmosphere in the hotel. The staff were very helpful. Our rooms were well appointed, elegant and clean. We also enjoyed the breakfasts which had a great selection.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Beautiful hotel
    • Classic Double Room

Th only trouble was the air-conditioning. It was impossible to adjust. Also the free wifi was too slow to download anything.

The furnishings are quite beautiful and tasteful and the staff could not be more friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Comfortable stay
    • Deluxe Double Room

The place is not for honeymooners as the hotel team dont pamper you the way it should be, as others hotels give you fresh roses each day in your rooms with complimentary chocolates and much more to make a honeymooners stay memorable, but here this is lacking after thought the message was given at booking time that we are in our honeymoon!!!

The concierge team was the best with the full knowledge in there work and to guide the best of Milan to guests

Replacing the missing caviar
    • Deluxe Double Room

The hotel actually replaced my missing caviar which I had put in the fridge for coolness and which I had forgotten there. The caviar went missing (probably taken by some maid) and the hotel replaced it by going to the same shop where I bought it ( Eataly). That was super nice! Also they upgraded me to a superior room without me asking ( 4 night stay).

Take Me Back!

Having to leave!

The service was over the top. My upgraded room was gorgious. The Spa was magnificent. The cocktail area was so comfortable and the food I had there was lovely. The wonderful free shuttle service to town was icing on the cake.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

One of the best city hotels in Europe

Nothing... all was perfect

The ambiance. The professionalism of the staff. The bed! The breakfast, the scented smell across the hotel, the bar. Absolutely and highly recommend

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Lovely hotel
    • Classic Double Room

The treatment in the spa was great, but tea served in a paper cup with plastic lid and not having a resting area after the treatment were the downsides of it.

This hotel is one of Dorchester Collection hotels. It met all our expectations. We would like to thank the hotel for offering a inter-connecting room for our family. Tip: a massage treatment from Manuela in the spa is highly recommended.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Perfecto
    • Classic Double Room

Nice interior, big bathroom clean room. Friendly stuff, good location and complementary transportation to the city center. Metro station 1 minute walking from the hotel.

Look nowhere else
    • Deluxe Double Room

Everything was perfect and then some. They surprised me three times for my birthday with champagne and birthday cake and were spectacular in every way. All of the staff were above and beyond and the hotel was perfect. Will definitely be staying here again.

Best luxury hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room

The pillows were too soft.

Breakfast was outstanding in hot and cold choices, with the most delicious marmalade filled croissants. The other highlight was the Principe bar. Old luxe yet modern decor is exquisite. Fabulous cocktail menu to match. Best bathroom fitout with products par excellence. Loved the complimentary private car service into the city.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

Class, Elegance & Luxury Milanese Style!
    • Premium Double Room

It takes a lot to find anything worth suggesting to be in need of improvement with this hotel! Perhaps the improved WiFi service should be included, given the already high cost of accommodation, but the free WiFi isn't bad.

The level of service in the Principe de Savoia is second to none. The staff are courteous, attentive and efficient while remaining unobtrusive. Everyone is polite and helpful. When something is required, it is provided without any fuss. Nothing is too much trouble.

Browse Hotel Principe Di Savoia traveller photo gallery