Reviews of Hotel Regina 1 stars

Corso Vittorio Emanuele, 316, Albergaria, 90134 Palermo, Italy

#44 of 72 hotels in Palermo

• Economy Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Very little, only that the bathrooms were shared, would have been nice to have an ensuite.

The location was very central and handy. The staff were very pleasant and spoke good English. The bedroom was spacious and quiet which was good for us. Overall, very good value for money.

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

sharing the bathroom et toilet. The toilet is so small and no space to move around. The breakfast is basic.

the location is perfect, it is centre of town and easy access to different monuments. Surprising my room was quite at night.

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

-Water pressure in the room very weak -No 24/7 reception -Bathrooms tiny and moldy -Window directly next to an air-condition fan of a restaurant - very smelly -Doors don't seal well, you can hear everything from the corridor This is a very friendly but basic youth HOSTEL not a hotel. If you come with that expectation, then you wont be disappointed.

-Very good location -Very friendly staff -Good sized bedroom -Elevator -Sink in the bedroom

• Economy Double Room with Shared Bathroom

I really enjoy to stay there, you feel like at home right after you get there. Francesca like a mom and very helpful with everything. And i like Manuela as well :)))) I stay few times in Regina and always come back there. Location is great, right in the centre of historical center. If you stay in room with sharing bathroom, its really ok, because its never occupied and every room has sink, its super great. The best with everything, Baci, Polina

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

They were not in the hotel 24h. We have emergency number, but when I messeaged them, didn't help me.. I wore my coat in my room, I asked them to turn on the heater or how to do it, but they offered an extra coat... it was enough unusual. Also I already wore mine... Sicily has winter & rain even though it is south of Italy. I don't recommend if you stay here during winter. I don't like rude and lazy staff.

I stayed single room 2 night, sharing bathroom. Everywhere is clean. It was value for money. Wifi worked in my room. When I asked something by text, they answered fast.

• Economy Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Shared bathroom only two for the whole floor. Internet did not work and even I was standing by reception area. My phone did not get signal either so I was unable to buy online tickets, download maps and plane check in. All the communication with hotel staff was through whatsapp so I did not meet anyone there. Also I could hear other guess conversation. I am not sure why hotel has such a good rating as it was not my impression

Location was good and I got plenty of directions from the owners. Room was a good size.

• Standard Double or Twin Room with Bathroom

A lot weird rules, problems with water. Room we got was far from being fresh and alike the pictures. Not suitable for hot weather, as you need to choose between smell from the restaurant's kitchen or no fresh air.

Really good location.

• Economy Double Room with Shared Bathroom

A little bit noisy till midnight, because it is the centre of the city, but just a little bit. And there is a pedestrian area - you can come by the car to the Quattro Canti for a short time to load luggage if stuff will prevent authorities, no free parking at this area.

Great location, good rooms, very friendly staff.

• Standard Double or Twin Room with Bathroom

Unfortunately there was little hot water, we had to move rooms and take an inferior one to start, the shower was tiny and not very functional. It was more shabby than chic There was cigarette smoke permeating the second better room. Oh, fans but no air con. Bed not comfortable.

The staff were superb. Very helpful with good eating and shopping suggestions and first aid when I really needed it. Great breakfast at adjoining hotel was 12 Euro.

• Economy Double Room with Shared Bathroom

They don't let us do anything without charging huge extras and they overwhelm you with rules written everywhere on the walls. Feels very impersonal. The beds are just a little better than military camps style. (I could probably have bought one of those beds for less than the cost of the room).

• Standard Double or Twin Room with Bathroom

The staff aren't very friendly bordering on rude. The shower was mouldy, cracked and the shower curtain was fetid. They turn the water off when you're out do you need to request it to turn back on. Springs stick through the mattress. H&S hazard in event of fire if iron gate is locked.

The location is outstanding. The reason they can be rude and the rooms can be dilapidated is all due to the incredible location. They wouldn't survive otherwise. Balcony on the room is lovely. Breakfast was provided externally by the newer refurbished hotel next door.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

• Economy Double Room with Shared Bathroom

- the rooms are bloody hot. No airconditioning. We slept with two ventilators and the windows open, but it was still not acceptable. - the bed was a disaster. -wifi didn't work

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

• Economy Double Room with Shared Bathroom

- the bed was absolutely barbaric. - Wi-Fi was weak. - unpersonal staff - they destroyed a beautiful historic building by painting and stickers. - Douche was full of sand. - We left our shampoo, by accident, in the douche. 15 minutes later it was gone. - Pay by checkin. It looked like they didn't thrust us. - We are surprised that it gets such a high score at booking. Com. - Don 't go here.

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Excellent location (in the centre of town, opposite two gelaterias), comfortable rooms, with character. The perfect place to rest and recuperate on a budget.

• Economy Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Our room was over a restaurant which seemed very noisy on Saturday night

Good bed and sink in room. Shared bathrooms small but ok, could do with some painting.

• Economy Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Sometimes not enough hot water for showers.

Host very welcoming on arrival and allowed us to check in early after we requested. Great value for money. Excellent location for seeing the city.

• Economy Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The room was nice but not exceptional for the price with a shared bathroom and weak wifi. The breakfast was said to be included in the price but we were charged extra on arrival.

The location was great. Right in the center of everything with shops, restaurants and beautiful architecture right on your doorstep. The restaurant downstairs made a good breakfast.

Try to take a shower before 10am as the water runs a little cold

Location was excellent! So close to everything plus the train station and buses. There is also a lovely small balcony that you can sit out on in the evening.

Niente

Being a girl travelling alone, you never know what to expect when you arrive in a different country. From the minute I arrived in hotel Regina, I felt directly like I knew Palermo. The hotel is very easy to find once you arrive in the city, it is on one of the main streets of the old town, next to most of the places to visit and the commercial streets. At my arrival I was welcomed by Francesca, who immediately told me where I could eat, what I should visit and places to avoid at night. Everything was written on a tiny map I kept close to me during my exploration of Palermo. She also gives you her whatsapp number and is easily reachable if you encounter a problem whatsoever, so even if I was travelling alone I never felt alone in the city in case I would need help. She also had some great advice for the second part of my trip, and I am super happy she understood exactly what I needed and gave me even more than expected. Her father Massimo was also super sweet, made me the most amazing expresso and helped me improve my Italian while I waited in the lobby to leave the hotel. The hotel rooms are worth what you pay for, clean and tidied everyday. The bathroom was shared but is also very clean. I never encountered problems with cleanliness or having to wait to take a shower. There were several bathrooms and no one was ever waiting in front of the door. All in all I have to say that I am just sad I will not be returning to Palermo at the end of my vacation, i would definitely have stayed at Hotel Regina again. If you are looking for a good place to stay, well located at a good price, this is definitely the place to go! Francesca and her family will take care of your stay, you will not regret it! Grazie mille!!!!

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Barking dogs talking tourists at midnight

Nice experiences friendly staff the balcony is perfect at night to watch street life and very close to the palaces

• Junior Suite with Balcony

It was difficult to find. As the street was one way and the entrance was via a restaurant courtyard.

The hotel was located in the middle of the nightlife. The street was very pretty and vibrant.

The location is just great. The staff is lovely and Francesca helped us a lot especially with the parking situation ( do not underestimate the difficulty of parking in Palermo city centre and get yourself well organized if travelling by car). Rooms are clean, some can be a bit noisy but then again it is Palermo city Centre. Overall you get what you pay for and we did enjoy our stay very much! Thanks again Francesca and Roberto.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• Economy Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Thought we had a bathroom in our room but had to pay an additional 25 eur for bathroom in room; bathroom not clean and towels well worn; unaware that cars are not allowed in city center so had to pay 18 eur a night to park at train station

Very close to main cross roads in Palmero Center; good walking tour of food markets and prominent building ie. theatre and cathedrals.

• Standard Double or Twin Room with Bathroom

The hotel and furnishings show their age, but it was clean and convenient which is what I was looking for. I feel it was fairly represented online. The internet was a bit spotty, but I was always able to reconnect.

Super friendly and helpful at reception. I was able to check in and my room was ready even though I arrived mid-morning.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room with Bathroom

to small and easy to overlook the sign of the hotel location.(plate with the name of the hotel)

Great location within the historic center just a few steps from the Piazza Vigliena (Quatro Canti). Interesting hotel decor. Romantic mood. Clean and quiet. Free wi-fi.Lift to the second floor.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

• Economy Double Room with Shared Bathroom

the sharig of bathroom, but I understand that in such an old building its not easy to build bathrooms in every room

the property was in a great location

• Standard Double or Twin Room with Bathroom

Shower is very very small. It is hard to wash one's feet.

Booking.com prosposed us this reservation because the one I did coud not receive us. This hotel was more confortable and less noisy that the one I initially reserved. Staff is helpfull. Drinks are available in a automatic distributor.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

• Economy Double Room with Shared Bathroom

very nice and cosy hotel, in a great location right next to the "quattro canti" in the heart of the old town of palermo, from the hotel is really easy to walk to all the point of interest of this great town. The bed was very comfortable and the bathrooms clean, the staff is very useful and friedly. totally recommended!

• Standard Double or Twin Room with Bathroom

Location is great and room is realy value for money. The staff is amazing- super helpful with lots of great suggestions of what to do, where to eat etc and also helped us to save money on car rent as they arranged everything through their contacts. Would gladly return!

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room with Bathroom

Excellent staff, very helpful, clean, in a safe neighborhood. Many attractions and great restaurants within walking distance. FYI, the best restaurant in town is Ferro Di Cavallo, within walking distance.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

An extra charge for late check-in, so I had to take earlier train to reach the property by 8p.m.

Located in a nice historical building right near Quatro Canti, so most of the sights can be reached on foot. Although this is an inexpensive place, the rooms are quite stylish. I liked it, albeit some other people may find that style a bit old-fashioned. Never had to wait to get to a bathroom.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room with Bathroom

The heating was only for couple of hours at night, I had a baby and that was a disaster for us. When we complained , we had a clear response that They would not turn it on all the night, and that this is for the value of money that i paid!!!... It was mentioned in the description that we will have the typical italian breakfast ....which is?!!!!...

The location was very very good

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room with Bathroom

Shower was small, pillows lumpy or too soft and heater in the room did not work. TV was ancient, the second room we got moved to had no TV but two sets of tables and chairs.

Room was cozy and quiet. There is a resident cat at the hotel which was friendly and well behaved, facilities were OK. Staff were helpful and accomodating. Hotel located right in middle of the tourist sites.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

• Economy Double Room with Shared Bathroom

It is a type of hostel so travellers should understand that bathrooms are shared and the hallways are common to all residents.

Staff were very accommodating and pleasant. We left a bag for the day before our reservation and they adjusted for our very early departure. The room nicely decorated and comfortable. Hostel rules appear to be strictly enforced so noise was kept to a minimum. The location is right downtown, within easy walking distance of most of Palermo's sights.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Bed is a bit unstable and uncomfortable. There is a cat which lives in the hotel.

The location is good. The restaurants that staff recommended were great with reasonable prices. The more you ask, the more they provide relative information to make your travel better in Palermo.

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

- very loud (clearly hear conversations in the hallway and sliding heavy doors in one of the bathrooms), - frequent wi-fi interruptions, - it was a problem with closing the window in one of the bathrooms.

+ perfect location, + free map, + helpful staff, + clean room and shower.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room with Bathroom

Fair price, nothing to complain about.

In the center of Palermo. The breakfast was quite good, it was included at the restaurant downstairs. Clean large room, no luxury at all, but what do you expect for this price?

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

No air conditioning (for me it is ok), no air dryer, no "new" shampoo (it was a already used bottle). For me it is no problem but there was a cat hanging out in the hotel and bathroom, so allergic people you should stay away :) There was no private bathroom for me and seriously ... It was not really pleasant !

The location of the hotel is really ideal. Right in the Historic center of Palermo. Room spacious. Very cheap, perfect for young people traveling.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• Quadruple Room

Street noise (garbage trucks - as well in night and early morning), only italian (sweet) breakfast

Good coffee, wifi was good, convenient access to main landmarks,

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The WiFi is very bad, in my room, I can not get access to WiFi in my room.

The location is quite good, in walking distance to many view spots and the Palermo central station as well. The price is reasonable as well.

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

• Quadruple Room

Private paid parking was 10minutes walk away and had to leave the keys, generally clean but there was this "smell"...

Central location, most staff was friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The bed was really comfortable , but not the pillow. I found it too thick and tough (only my preference )

. I loved that the single room had its own sink and window. Great location. The staff was very helpful at places to see.

• Reviewed: 11 July 2016

• Economy Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The people staying at the hotel often had their doors open. You can't enter the hotel without having to call someone from the hotel by pushing a button (outside). The lady at the reception was quite rude. No air conditioning -> extremely warm bedroom.

Location was perfect, right in the city center

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

• Economy Double Room with Shared Bathroom

One of the best kept secrets in Palermo! When you stay one night you are a welcome guest, after you stay 3 nights you are considered part of the family. Thank you for making us feel at home my "Soul Sisters," We will definitely be back.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2016

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

-I'm sorry but the quality of the bed is simply unacceptable. I literally sunk in the middle because there was no support because matress was so worn out. I tried to compensate by putting the comforter under the mattress on the springs but it was still a horrible sleep. -the toilet seat was broken

-Very friendly and helpful personnel. -Everything very clean including the bathroom -Great location

Pills, bed, bathroom

Staff, location, design

• Standard Double or Twin Room with Bathroom

Clogged shower Room and shower were very basic

Nice staff, great location

Bed was really uncomfortable

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Seriously, the location couldn’t possibly be any better. Staff was friendly, welcoming, and generous with their time. Full marks!

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Two types of breakfast at the restaurant downstairs.

The location is marvelous. Thx Francesca for everything!

Thank you for everything Francesca,you are the best 😘

• Junior Suite with Balcony

There was a lot of noise during the night.

• Economy Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Very friendly staff. Central location.

• Single Room with Bathroom

So friendly and nice. Really enjoyed my stay. The owners are very nice !

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Small fridge in room , would have been nice.

Superb location.

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Great location, friendly and helpful staff:) Highly recommend!

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Friendly staff in a great location

Tv in camera

Nothing at all.

The hotel is in the center of Palermo. We are satiesfied with everything.

The dogs in the building wouldn't stop barking. Spoiled the stay for us

Pleasant, helpful, quiet

perfect position, nice host

Everything was good!

Really good located, and very nice staff!

Not at all.

The hotel is in the center of Palermo. We are satiesfied with everything.

• Economy Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Bathroom shower, dark light in the bedroom, needs more wattage in these bulbs

Location to all significant tourist attractions

• Economy Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Good value for the excellent location.

• Standard Double or Twin Room with Bathroom

Very good and friendly staff, helpful.

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Room clean and staff help full had good stay in palermo

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Extremely kind and helpful staff, excellent location

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Hot, bad air circulation, loud, fake invoice

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

I liked. the hotel is very confortable. close to all tourist sites. even without air conditioning, I recommend it.

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Good location, friendly helpful staff, wifi good.

• Standard Double or Twin Room with Bathroom

The toilet, really basic.

The location is in the center of the city, amazing.

poor breakfast.

All Good

• Standard Double or Twin Room with Bathroom

Security did not seem too good. If you stay one after check out, they are eying you.

Browse Hotel Regina traveller photo gallery