Reviews of Baglioni Hotel Regina - The Leading Hotels of the World 5 stars

Via Vittorio Veneto 72, Via Veneto, 00187 Rome, Italy

#237 of 921 hotels in Rome

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Outstanding, lovely hotel - perfect in every way.

Nothing at all!

Outstanding, lovely hotel - perfect in every way. Location worked well, away from the crowds but just a stroll down to the centre, parking rather expensive, but made it hassle-free.

Good welcoming, helpful staff great staff in reception and...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The hotel rooms is not for five stars hotel, it’s good hotel but it’s four stars hotel not five , decoration is really very very normal and is noisy from the cleaning staff when they clean other rooms

Good welcoming, helpful staff great staff in reception and customer service, location is good

Really convenient
    • Deluxe Double Room

My only complaint is that unless you are a tall person the bath/shower is really difficult to get in and out of. Seriously! Beautiful deep bath but my goodness hard to step in out of if you are of average height. If you are less than “tall” I strongly suggest you request a walk in shower

Brilliant position, friendly helpful staff. Beautiful rooms

Simply Outstanding
    • Deluxe Double Room

I travelled with my wife for our second anniversary. On arrival we were greeted with a free upgrade and provided our room before the check in time, which was fantastic! After spending the afternoon walking around Rome, we returned to a personalised letter and champagne chilled in our room wishing us a happy anniversary and a discount on the hotel restaurant as a gift. We’ve never been made to feel so special at a hotel of this standing and will definitely be back. The food and drinks at the bar and restaurant were incredible. Service was incredible. At the bar they remembered your names and previous orders as well providing complimentary snacks and canapés. The service in the hotel from all the staff was exceptional and definitely made our short trip the more memorable. Tip, get the taster menu at the restaurant. It’s outstanding! The location of the hotel is perfect, in a quiet neighbourhood with lovely restaurants nearby and all of the sites within 25 minute walking distance, which makes it perfect. Thank you so much for making this an anniversary to remember. We’ll be back.

Location is spectacular, staff is very friendly and the...

Absence of iron and the board and there was a slight delay in delivering the presses cloths

Location is spectacular, staff is very friendly and the concierge was very attentive and helpful

Olds world charm, excellent staff, clean, in need of a furnishing update.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The gym has 3 machines and 1 was broken. The rooms need a massive renovation. The mattresses are very uncomfortable and the AC loud. It needs to have a coffee machine in each room.

The staff was wonderful and spa Great. They upgraded one of ours room to larger and It was very clean. The staff truly cares. If you’re looking for old world charm, it’s excellent.

We booked two rooms and they upgraded one of the rooms to a...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Breakfast was nice however there weren’t many options ( for me )

We booked two rooms and they upgraded one of the rooms to a juniot suite. Very helpful concierge

Best hospitality
    • Grand Deluxe Double Room

The staff are the best in town so welcoming and friendly... reminds me of old world hospitality where the guest feels like a true guest. The rooms were spacious clean and modern with everything you need and more!

Wonderful stay in Rome
    • Grand Deluxe Double Room

There is no city view from the room.More like roof view. Room was on the smaller side.

Friendly and helpful staff and wonderful location away from the "Roman Holiday" croweds.. Splindid hotel.

below average service and rooms

we had a booking of 2 junior suits for family with 2 kids - 8 and 10. We were given rooms not only different in presentation and layout but on separate floors and in different parts of hotel, so one of parent had to stay with kids.

It was excellent
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Staff was extremely friendly the location is amazing and the whole experience was fantastic. Loved staying there and highly recommend the Regina baglioni hotel.

I’m in love with Rome
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Everything! It was beautiful. All staff from Reception,Concierge , waiting staff, Housekeeping, and Room Service were very happy and attentive. ‘Fabio’ who ran the bar was a breath of fresh air! We arrived very late and he was delightful. Thank you.

Superb
    • Deluxe Double Room

Not much, not to like. A sun terrace would be good to enjoy some sunshine after a long day touring Rome.

Our lasting impression of the Baglioni Rome was the friendly and helpful attitude of everyone we came into contact with, this was faultless - Thank you all. Our room was clean comfortable and quiet. The restaurant was consistently very good and again friendly and helpful, we ate there three nights!

Nice hotel.
    • Grand Deluxe Double Room

Terrible Internet, even though the hotel staff tried their best to rectify the problem. Uncomfortable seating in the breakfast room. Armchairs may be great to have a drink in the afternoon but for dinning they are too low. In addition, it was too cold – too much air-conditioning, but some people, of course might like it.

Nice hotel. All the staff tries to be friendly and helpful. They care about an opinion of their guests.

Good place, but there are better alternatives for the money.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The room was very dated. No coffee machine in the room. The bathroom is functional but not modern. Shower is from the 70’s. The shower head was dysfunctional and the water mixer didn’t work. Cycles of hot or cold water alternating during showering. Very uncomfortable and annoying. Called front desk to fix, no action.

The staff and the concierge service.

As i said befor we had a pleasant stay at the baglioni hotel regina
    • Deluxe Double Room

The hotel lies in a very beatiful street of rome. They treat us very friendly more than our expectations. At arrivals they upgraded our rooms frome double to junior suit with the same rate. During ous stays they treat us with great chocolate and chianti wines. Overall our stay were very pleasant in baglioni hotel of rome

Great Stay
    • Grand Deluxe Double Room

No kettle in the room.. water was not provided daily in the room.. limited breakfast options

Ambience, hospitality, room service.. great staff.. very comfortable beds..great location.. overall very lovely stay..loved the little chocolates and welcoming messages

Great and the best spot in Rome to stay
    • Deluxe Double Room

These spot in Roma is prefect , everything on walking Distance Breakfast is The best I ever had in Europe lovely restaurant area Nice staff and excellent rooms

for being a leading hotel of the world was just ok
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I did not like the design of the shower, the glass door is to small and every time I showered there was water all over the bathroom floor making it very dangerous

I liked the staff and professionally , location is great, clean room but I believe it has lost some of the spark of the good old days

A lovely first time introduction to Rome

Absolutely nothing!

The staff were very helpful and attentive . They remembered my preferences and addressed me by name each time we had even the smallest interaction. The concierge was very helpful in arranging a private city tour with a driver and guide. Everyone was incredibly professional and interested in providing exceptional service. Will definitely stay here again. The physical property was absolutely beautiful and clean and very luxurious

Happy with location. Kind staff. Way Overpriced Breakfast charges of 33 euro per person to high
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The room was good But totally Not able to sleep with window open as the extreme Noise coming from a generator type like equipment in the court yard was disturbing. This is too bad as normally a street side Room is like that but Not a rear located Room. I suggest that they soundproof the equipment.

Level of overall service. Kind staff

traditional hotel in excellent location with charm and great staff
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

hotell met my expectations but the gym wasnt up to the standard I was hoping for

breakfast was great and also the front desk staff greeted me very friendly and gave great advice and service

Upgraded to better room, very friendly staff, good value for...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We didn’t have a street view, interior but nothing bad... just believe street view is much nicer

Upgraded to better room, very friendly staff, good value for money, location

What a fantastic Hotel .
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Everything . We were upgraded to an amazing suite and when the staff found out it was my birthday the next day we were also given champagne. The staff were all lovely and the hotel beautiful in a great location.

Elegant and sophisticated atmosphere with fabulous location.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The spa and gym have potential but not yet up to international standards for 5 stars. Perhpas breakfast should be included in the rate.

Elegant atmosphere, customer service was excellent, and a fabulous location. The WiFi was quite good as were the extremely comfortable beds.

Elegant Hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff was very friendly and the hotel is beautiful. The rooms were impeccable and immaculate with a perfect turndown service. It's in a great location, walking distance from the major sites and attractions like the Trevi fountain and the Spanish steps.

Special
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Front desk staff is by far the best in my travels, friendly is too little a word to use. The gentlemen working at this hotel in the evening were very helpful when we had a major crises of missing flights. Wow! It was an an amazing experience from first to last day.

Nice, but won't be back
    • Family Room

Overly expensive- and even though we booked on booking.com, they changed the rates on us over the weekend claiming it was standard hotel policy. Rooms were not like the pictures. Some rooms are really dark, others quite nice. Ask for something modern and light.

Clean, great location, we had a nice room.

Don't book this hotel it should not be part of leading hotels of the world
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Rooms were poor and needed much maintenance we had a ceiling leak and poo air con. My wife and daughter were moved to another renovated room after the ceiling began to leak . Old and poorly Maintained. Shower head lower than me and had to bend to shower. Told front desk staff and they said yes it is low.... odd

Location and staff were good as was the main restaurant

A value for money 5 star
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Shower temperature not steady, the shield of shower not useful. Water splashed on bathroom floor. No kettle.

Welcome drink, big bathroom, comfort bed, helpful staff, big variety of TV channels of the world

Beautiful Hotel Near the Heart of Rome
    • Deluxe Double Room

We only had one short overnight stay in Rome. We arrived at the hotel around 6 pm and left the next morning at 7 am. While we were unable to enjoy the hotel fully, the public spaces and room were beautiful. The general manager personally came to greet us upon arrival. We will definitely choose Baglioni Hotel Regina for our next trip to Rome.

I was very upset because I accidentally booked an additional...

no money back for the room I didnt use!!!

I was very upset because I accidentally booked an additional day for the room via booking.com. I booked check in on may 18 and I did not arrive until may 19th. it was my mistake but the hotel wouldnt refund any of my money. Ive done sooo many bookings with booking.com and booking.com did not help meeither. I've never made this mistake so you can imagine my frustration to have to spend 1200 Australian dollars for a room I never used!

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Bevenuti a Roma.....
    • Deluxe Double Room

Room temperature and general temperature in hotel was a bit on the cool side

Location, grandeur, breakfast, restaurant, bar. Staff were very helpful and pleasant, concierge knows Rome like back of hand, good for knowledge and plasters for feet.... SPA treatment was very good

Too expensive for what it is
    • Deluxe Double Room

The decor is a bit too flashy , but that's the matter of taste . I was proposed extra orange juice for breakfast ( they were closing ) , but I got charged . I paid four orange juices 32 euro ! I think the hotel in overall is too pricy for what it has to offer

Spa and hammam . Staff was friendly

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

Still a lot to improve
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Small things were not taken care of. Although it is a 5 start hotel, the toilets were dirty in the first day. Every morning they put fresh fruits in the room, but some fruits were rotten! The bed wasn't comfortable as it wasn't a king size bed, but two single beds combined together. When you sleep, they go apart.

Quality and class with exceptional service
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

It was off-season, so it was a little quiet. But personally, I like that

Wonderful, engaging and professional staff who are passionate about their work. The decor was beautifully done and in top quality. The bedroom was spacious and very comfortable

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Excellent inside out
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The photos in the website underestimates how good the room is. The lobby is luxurious and the room is spacious. I had the grand deluxe room and its much bigger than many other italian 5 star hotels. The staff were very friendly. Gave us excellent choices for dinner around the hotel

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

Classical hotel in heart of Rome.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Easier access to tea and coffee in lounge or room would have been nice.

Staff friendly without being obsequious. Very good location. Wide choice of local Resteraunts.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Fabulous hotel, great location with exceptional service from friendly staff.
    • Grand Deluxe Double Room

Stayed in a Grand Delux Double room, it was not what we expected located overlooking a side street with no views. The image on Booking.com showed a corner room with two large windows and felt smaller than expected from the photo.

Staff are faultless. Check-in flawless. It's a fabulous place to stay.

My hotel in Rome
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Coffee machines in the room are a must

Very comfortable Great location Good staff Great value for money

Their stuff was really nice
    • Deluxe Double Room

The Check in was really bad n we spent long time till we get our room!

Their stuff was really nice

Poor SPA

Great room, nice service

Very clean and excellent service
    • Deluxe Double Room

No pool No coffee or tea making facilities as standard

Very clean and excellent service

Not that happy
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Beds were super hard and uncomfortable. Plus two single beds joined together in all time they said and couldn’t give us a normal bed

Gem on the Via Veneto
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Nothing--it was a wonderful stay!

The staff were superb--friendly, efficient and professional!

The staff was very nice

The bad was very uncomfortable

The staff was very nice

• Deluxe Double Room

The SPA was very small and not up to the standard, the bed was not comfortable and consist of two mattresses with two different levels.

Nice stay in Roma

Small spa area then expected

Comfortable stay in the city, very near to the metro and the centrum of the city, large room, tastefull breakfest

The room the lobby the whole experience

The room the lobby the whole experience

Beautiful Art Deco hotel in a great location with some of...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Beautiful Art Deco hotel in a great location with some of the best customer service I've experienced.

Spa fantastic, staff excellent and breakfast buffet superb.

As above

Not impressed with room service charge on top of ordering a cup of tea. Was not explained properly before hand.

A nice Art Deco Hotel in excellent location. Great staff but limited facilities

Limited facilities, no air con, no coffee facilities in room and no irons aloud in room

The staff where excellent especially Olga the butler.

• Deluxe Double Room

The room is specious, the interior is so nice, the bathroom...
    • Deluxe Double Room

The room is specious, the interior is so nice, the bathroom was larger than usual, the location is excellent

rooms were big.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Old doors and furniture in room did not fit with marbles.

rooms were big. Bathroom luxurious. Balcony looking onto the road.

Upgraded to room with balcony everything was perfect

Upgraded to room with balcony everything was perfect

Beautiful everything! And a staff that surpasses any other.
    • Classic Single Room

The hotel is just beautiful. And the staff is warm, friendly and genuine. Made a big difference!

be sure it is the best place

friendly staff

everything

Service and location were great!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Service and location were great!

The room mainly as we were upgraded to a suite

The room mainly as we were upgraded to a suite

Will return to the Baglioni.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The luxury In the building. The breakfast was terrific.

Salon.

Salon. F

All good

All good

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

I liked the staff they were all really kind and helpful
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The hotel it's terrible and our room doesn't look nothing like tge photo !!

I liked the staff they were all really kind and helpful

Staff nice but property is not adminicible
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

It's not suppose to Be among the leading hotels It needs a major upgrade

Beautiful accommodation and very friendly and helpful staff

Value for money

Beautiful accommodation and very friendly and helpful staff

Customer service could be better at a 5 star hotel

Customer service could be better at a 5 star hotel

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Luxurious Accomodation
    • Deluxe Double Room

We had some issue with the private guide arranged by the consiege.

Luxurious rooms with marble flooring. Nice toiletries.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Friendly staff, spacious room and high standard of decor.
    • Grand Deluxe Double Room

Too much noise from the street.

Friendly staff, spacious room and high standard of decor.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

It was just great
    • Deluxe Double Room

The stuff are very welcoming and helpfull

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Location is very good and facilities too

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

Fabulous
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Location, marble everywhere, staff...