Reviews of Relais La Maison De Luxe

Via Agostino Depretis 70, Rione Monti, 00184 Rome, Italy

#1023 of 3,119 B&Bs and Inns in Rome

Based on 570 B&B reviews

The hotel is located within an easy walk of Roma terminni station and the facilities are very clean and quite up to date. We enjoyed our stay- there is a terrific cappachino machine- we thought we had breakfast included however it was not- but it was no problem as a great cafe is adjacent.

The lift is an antique model and can give trouble but management are planning to improve preventative maintenance.

Location was perfect, close to Termini Train Station and Repubblica Metro. Breakfast not provided but facilities to make breakfast or prepare snacks available. Free coffee machine with usual options also free water cooler and free water in room mini bar.We received a very warm welcome from Simona who was very helpful. We were shown to a large bright ensuite bedroom, clean and modern.

Was cold at night. Heter is set-up to work 7-10 am and pm what was not enough with 0 degrees autside at night.

Free coffe, location, great service, view from the room, was clean, check out whete i could live my luggage

Anthonio very friendly ,helpful and kind.Speaks English,makes you feel at home,but lets you know he is there to help should you need anything.Rooms spacious and he accomodated my one request.

The coffee and chocolate drink was very diluted, perhaps change to a better coffee beans. However, the place is great!

This place is perfect. Beautiful rooms, Shower jet, clean toilets, good lighting, huge bed and huge room, perfect and reasonable priced breakfast. Antonio is a great host that provided us with everything we need. Free coffee all day round.

There was an unbelievably loud continuous noise from a compressor outside our room which kept us awake for the last 2 nights. The owner said he would refund the 2 nights (email proof), asking for my bank details, which I supplied. When I tried to call to ask why the payment was not made, he put the phone down upon hearing my name.

Hotel location

Breakfast is light and self serve. The ancient elevator is problematic if previous users don’t close the doors properly.

The staff were very welcoming. This little B&B style hotel is quite modern and suitable for a Rome visit. It is within comfortable walking distance of the Forum and Colosseum, down the Via Cavour. It is close by Santa Maria Maggiore, and about 10-15 mins walk with bags from Termini.

Nothing, having to leave

This was our 2nd stay here & it didn’t disappoint. The rooms were a good size & spotless. Antonio was always ready to help with any request. Easy walk from the train station with luggage, some nice eateries close by.

Not very friendly staff, to get an extra pillow was a big deal, unfortunately. If you are late for breakfast, croissants might already be gone...

Free Coffee and Tea all the time, the room was very quiet, although in a busy street.

Place has excellent location, 7-10 min walking from the train station. Most of historical places are not far to walk or there's a public transport quite efficient. Antonio is a great host, gave us tips what to visit, very helpful always smiling and ready to do his best to make guests satisfied. Room is beautiful, air conditioning works good. Really, we got only positive emotions and feedback

Could do with more pillows and towels replaced more. Possibly having breakfast a bit earlier would be helpful as we went out early on trips and had to miss it on those days.

Location was incredible. Breakfast was good. Great to have cold water and the drinks in the mini fridge available. Handy to have the toiletries in the bathroom. Staff were friendly and was easy to communicate with them. Our room was close to reception so always picked up the free wifi and the signal was good. We had a third bed in the room, and the room was still a really decent size. Great to have decent air con and a safe in the room. Would definitely recommend to others and would stay again.

Breakfast area was the letdown for this property. Breakfast area was too crowded, too many tables or chairs too big in small area? Breakfast was below average compared to other places we stayed. Tablecloth not wiped down after previous people had eaten and one day a mass of dark black hair on one of the chairs.

Bedroom was huge and nice big shower recess. Friendly helpful staff, good location.

It was hard to find the first time. My fault for walking from Termini. I'd advise taking official white taxi

Impeccably clean,, quiet, large comfortable bed, excellent en suite bathroom, very good contnental-style breakfast (free) with a view of Santa Maria Maggiore from breakfast room, cold drinks free in room fridge, air conditioning, in-room safe, TV, free wi-fi. Tony (manager) a friendly and helpful host.

Shower was a little underpowered but that's a minor quibble - it was fine really

Antonio the host was very friendly, helpful and gave good advice on routes and how to get as much out of Rome as we could in two days. Less than 10 minute walk from Termini Station and 15 minutes to colloseum. Free water and juice in the fridge was a nice touch and the in room safes were large enough to easily stow iPads, SLR cameras and a small laptop. Rooms are clean, odourless, double glazed, blackout/very dark blinds, modern, quiet and airconditioned. A very quiet location and good Beds for a relaxing sleep.

I didn't like when the hallway and my room smelled smoking at the first day I checked in. But the owner did apologize to me personallywhen he did know about it. He could not do so much when someone had broken the rule. The staff did try the best to help me about this issue. I was glad what they made it up for me.

I like the place. I love the breakfast. The bed is comfortable. Anthonio is the best. He is kind & helpful. The owner is thoughtful.

BE SURE TO INFORM THEM YOUR ACCURATE ARRIVAL TIME! We had a big problem in the beginning when trying to check in, but the entrance was locked and there was no staff and no one answered the phone. It turned out I had overestimated the arrival time and we were 1hr earlier than the initial estimate. So we waited and later staff returned to let us in. But that caused minor panic for us as it was starting to get late.

Handy location, good facilities and good breakfast

Some improvements are needed in order to keep the quality high. The breakfast is very limited and it doesn't get any refill, which I think is ridiculous. I have even asked why and got answered "that's how it is". Also, what's the point of having a jacuzzi style shower if it doesn't work properly?

The staff is very nice and friendly, the room is large and so is the bathroom. Location also very good, walking distance from pretty much everything

It was very nice at the Relais la Maison. I stayed with my mom for a City trip there and we didn't regret to book at this B&B. Toni is a very nice and helpful host. He showed me everything where to go and how we can get there, before my mum arrived. The breakfast is a bit tiny, but as it is a B&B it's not really a point to complain about... I can really suggest it to others who want to have a very nice stay in the center Rome, with a big and comfortable room. The location is really perfect, as you can walk from Rome Termini easily, as well you are located so centered that it's easy to walk almost everywhere. The Restaurants around the B&B are also very beautiful (next door is a marvelous artisanal Gelateria with the best ice for a very good price). When I'll go back to Rome, I will stay at Toni's B&B again.

The airconditioning of our room on the 5th floor was not cooling the room properly. Hard to sleep in 27 degrees :-/ Breakfast was very very basic. Parking your car and driving through Rome is a nightmare. You get fined if you pass the RTL-zone border without permission. Check them out before you come by car. The parking garages in the center of Rome are really expensive. The traffic noise is too loud for getting a good rest. The elevator was too old too small for 2017.

We had a big room with large bed. The shower is very spacious too. Very clean. The location was good for visiting the city.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

TV options seemed to be limited.

Great to be able to leave your bags at the hotel on the day of checkout. Very generous breakfast and drinks in the room. The hotel had an excellent shuttle arrangement with a private driver.

If I really need to find something, I would say that fresh bred for breakfast would have been appreciated...

Perfect location to/from Termini station and to visit the city centre. Staff extremely kind and helpful. Free cold soft drinks in the minibar and free access to coffee machine very well appreciated!

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Tony, our host was so helpful and friendly. He gave us ideas for restaurants and helped us decide on our daily itinerary. Drug store and markets nearby. We enjoyed our stay.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Very poor breakfast options.The lady was not very kind when we told her that the yogurt in the fridge was expired.

Perfect location and comfortable room

Just lookout for unexpected steps in the hall way and in the breakfast area, you may injure yourself.

We could check in at 08h00 and leave our luggage at the venue while walking around.We could occupy our room at 12h00, which are a blessing if you have not slept in the past 24 hours. We were welcomed with breakfast and could take coffee and water whenever we wanted. We loved the old lift, reminded us of our youth.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

The room was not clean, there was hair in the bathroom from previous visitors, and the room was very smelly because there were pipes just outside the window.

the location, wifi

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Only small remark I can tell is shower was a bit broken but not annoying.

I travel a lot for work. This time with my girlfriend one weekend Rome for a weekend trip. Quality surplus lots of 5 stars hotels I have been in. Price/quality/location is very good. My girlfriend and I had a great time and location was definilty part of it. Rooms great, cosy breakfast, internet good, great location, nice relaxing atmopshere.

Hotel was bit found to find at first place since no visible sign to street as it was located in a normal building, I passed it once already before realized to read the names on the list outside doors. Wifi wasn't working much at room, best connection near reception area.

I loved that the breakfast was included, it was simple but definitely enough to get day started!

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Beds were comfy. Great host. Lovely spacious rooms. Fabulous shower! :) Really close to Termini station which was what I needed, but not in a shabby part of town either. Just a couple of minutes walk to the cool bars and restaurants in Monti. We had free water and juice in the mini bar and the breakfast buffet too. All was great!

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

Poor Wi-Fi connection in my room. I had to go to the brekfast area in order to get connected. Old/strange elevator.

The location was very good, next to shops, metro and restaurants. Staff was friendly. Room was spacious. We loved that we could get any time free coffee/tea.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

The hotel is located on the 5th floor and sometimes the lift is not working as the door was not shut properly therefore have to climb up to the hotel.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

A friendly advice, maybe some more attention should be payed on the cleanliness of the bathroom.

I was very satisfied with my choice! In the center of town, just a 10 min walk to Termini station, behind basilica Santa Maria Maggiore. Very large and comfortable room, large bathroom, very good wi-fi. Jacopo was waiting for me to check in (you have to let them know when you are arriving because there are not always there, it's not a hotel), he was very kind to recommend some nice restaurants in the vicinity. Very enjoyable stay. And a very safe neighborhood, which was important to me because I was a solo traveler.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

It would be nice if they refilled the breakfast food that had been finished for the visitors who wake up later than others. The last day we were the last ones to take breakfast and all the croissants had already finished and the woman in the reception told us that there wasn't the possibility to refill them. But apart from that, everything was perfect!

Spacious and beautifully decorated room with great view. In a good location, just 10 minutes walking distance from Termini Station. Tasty breakfast. Jacobo was really great, he gave us much information about all the sites and about the best places to eat. I would definately stay there again in the future!

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

Just 10' from termini and you can visit every place by walk. A home in rome, it was perfect ! Tony was very kind & helpful. The breakfast was very good.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

Limited breakfast, nothing hot. Left at 6:30 am, fridge locked, no breakfast. No offer of a breakfast despite booking an airport transfer with the desk.

Firm bed, large bathroom and shower. New modern decor.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

Amazing place!!! Very helpful and warm host Antonio. Fast wifi. Beautiful view from the room and dining room. The standard of the room was very high, comfortable & big bed, spacious and clean bathroom. Recommend to anyone who is going to Rome :)

• Reviewed: 14 September 2016

- close to trainstation and city center (our room had view to Santa Maria Maggiore) - good design, spacious room - tea, coffee, cooler all day - helpful english speaking personnel - funny elevator - very good supermarket close-by

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

We didn't really understand how the air conditioning worked, there didn't seem a way to make it colder so sometimes it would be like 27C in the room

Great breakfast and really helpful staff!

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Occasional issues due to B & B not being staffed 24 hours. Such as no toilet paper restocked on one day and no one on site to give more.

Great location, excellent facilities, free mini bar with small selection, nice big and comfortable room, good air conditioning. Friendly reception staff. Nicely soundproofed so even though on busy street, little noise comes through.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

The shower/bath had a full massage unit that did not work and the air conditioner was too small for the room.

The location and views from the room were spectacular! The room was modern and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

Needs a some maintenance as the hair drier cord was damaged and when used caused the power to trip in the room. In the bathroom the silicone sealing needs to be changed as it was going black in places. Although generally clean dust was present on shelves and the carpet in places needed to cleaned.

As a bed and breakfast its excellent with good sized bedrooms and bathroom. Good choice at breakfast.

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

Bed sorely needed to be changed other than that was a pleasant stay ..

Air conditioning works well and wifi in bedroom. Helpful staff. Coffee was good from a machine. Don't be scared of the circa 1920s lift works very well

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

Everything was great, the place is very comfortable, cozy and well decorate. But Antonio or just Tony is the heart of this place. He does everything for you to feel comfortable and always up for anything you might need. Its unbelievable how he can manage everything by himself. His boss is a luck guy to have him. Location is great very close to Termini (walk distance) and you can go walking to Fontana de Trevi, Piazza Spagna and Coliseum. Bathroom is also a plus, very good size and good shower.

Only there for 1 night!

Great location for walking the city. Stylish clean helpful staff. Felt like coming home not a hotel

WiFi should be better. We couldn’t get signal at room 205.

Great location. Very friendly staff

Everything's perfect

booked b and b, paid for b and b, only got bed.

Walking distance from the main train station, bunch of historical sightseeing places.

There could be slippers and bathrobes in the room.

Perfect location, not so many other people around, quit place.

Very nice place and quite clean. comfortable for staying.

It is beginning to look a little tired so mathe a little spruce up would not go astray

The location is excellent and Antonio could not be more helpful

Anything

The room and the location of the hotel

Tony was really friendly and helpful

Anthony was very friendly and welcoming. It was a great location will stay there again next time I'm in Rome.

The bed was like sleeping on a concrete floor way to hard

The special service from Antonio , he took care of us the whole staying, he is the best .

Stairs

The breakfast was delicious and the staff was extremely friendly

Breakfast offerings

Everything is perfect

Very convenient location with simple breakfast and comfy bed. Nice room for a couple. Free coffee all day

Choice of breakfast could have been better

Spacious room with views and very quiet. Great access to City and metro. Staff very friendly and helpful

Only 1 towel supplied for 2 guests.

Comfortable room.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Too expensive for this quality. Bathroom is old.

Very good location

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

The host Antonio!

Breakfast was average, but ok.

Rooms very big and clean. Located 5 min away from the Central Train Station

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

There was no such a thing!

Everything was excellent!!! Thank you!!!

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Breakfast was a little poor, some fresh bread would be better.

The room comfortable and very nice view from the window Water and juice in the fridge.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

It was a bit awkward to access being on the 5th floor of a building- not a big issue

Staff, facilities, breakfast

They kept our luggage bags after check-out so we can visit Rome during the day without carrying it with us until the time to go to airport.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

Localization, good brakefast. Sympatic hotel workers.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Very old lift. Hotel at 5th floor. wifi.

Cosy, nice to stay place, Good view.

I like the owner, the room and the location

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

Antonio was very nice. The breakfast was fine, and the atmosphere is excellent.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

very convenient location, good service and breakfast, fast wifi

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

location is just perfect! close to everywhere. bed is very comfy, spacious room

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

A bit hard to find since it is not clearly marked

Browse Relais La Maison De Luxe traveller photo gallery