Reviews of Residence Colombo 112

Via Cristoforo Colombo 112, Eur & Garbatella, 00147 Rome, Italy

#1820 of 3,048 Holiday rentals in Rome

Good location.
    • Studio (2 Adults)

Bed was really uncomfortable. We spent 2 nights and sleeping was not so good. Apart of that everything is fine.

Good location. Just 3.5km to city center. Cheap parking next to the hotel. There's good gym for 5€ a day. Small but working kitchen. Helpful staff.

Dirty rooms, unfriendly staff and no service at all since I had to clean before leavIng
    • Family Room

They refused us to park inside the facilities and at the check out we had to pay a second day because it was 20 minutes after checkout. I have two children one 3 years old and one 7 months old, they told me that I had to wash everything I used like the dishes etc. So I had to prepare and feed my kids and after I had to clean the apartment. I tried to explain that to the concierge whose name was Antonio but he wasn’t very friendly and when I asked for the manager and he said he wasn’t there I asked for the name and he said it was Alessandro and he said that he would have him call me when he would be back. Nobody called me ... very dissatisfied and very disappointed from this experience.

Roomy apartment, good choice for a small family.
    • Family Room

Metro station is 8-10 blocks away; there is no schedule at nearest bus stop; dryer machine did not work.

Roomy apartment for three people, clean apartment, good WiFi, helpful staff.

Fair value for money
    • Studio (2 Adults)

The facilities are poor, they switched off aircondition and room temp reached 30 c. Staff told us the aircondition system will be allowed on 20th May onward only. We travelled with 4yrs daughter and she was in bad mood due to room heat.

Clean property, friendly staff, good area around.

Great place, we really enjoyed our stay here

The laundrette was a little expensive, especially when we made a mistake! But that was our fault, so perhaps a bit clearer instructions might be useful. and something in the apartments that tells you were to put the rubbish bags, we had no issue removing our rubbish from the property it just wasn't clear where to go once outside.

We stayed in the family room and my mother in law had her own room, both rooms were clean and had ample provision for self catering if you wanted to do the basics like pasta, gnocci, etc. With 4 in a room it was a little tight for space in the living are but we put the sofa bed away every day and there was enough room for us to play board games! Staff were really helpful and friendly and printed out our vouchers for the colloseum, provided maps and advice.

Perfect budget hotel
    • Studio (2 Adults)

Great little budget style hotel. Bed comfy and room spotless. Only a short stroll to metro to get into city to explore. Some nice cafe's and bars nearby. Appian Way just 500m up main road.

Great location once you get your bearings. Used metro 10-15min walk. WiFi fab. Tv fab.
    • Family Room

No Kettle? Had to boil water - but not a major prob!

Value for money, Rome is expensive, so family on a budget it was the perfect location. The road isn’t that attractive but behind and towards garbatello metro you have the quieter roads and the more reasonably priced shops, market, restaurant. Pizza restaurant few doors up is brilliant. Apartments basic but perfect to sleep. Fold up beds for 11 & 13 year olds - but they were happy with this and slept well. Staff really helpful on last day - booked taxi and stored luggage.

Good Overnight Stay
    • Family Room

As most of the shops were closed at the time of our stay and only the nearby grocery was the only source for us to buy food we had to content ourselves with whatever the grocery can offer to suffice our dinner and breakfast meals.

The self-contained unit met the purpose of our 1 night stay. Good value for money.

Really good value apartment with cooking facilities
    • Studio (2 Adults)

The Internet dropped occasionally but it wasn't a big deal.

The Residence Colombo location was perfect for me and the room facilities were great. I stayed for 8 days and wanted to prepare some of my own food. The staff were excellent and the overall stay was excellent value for the money. Eataly and the Metro are a 15-minute walk through the Garbatella neighbourhood or you can catch buses nearby.

Relaxing spacious room in good location.
    • Family Room

Everything was absolutely fine especially for price and location. Air-conditioner was slightly noisy, but no problem really. No kettle but you can boil the water in old-fashion way. Car park is a bit of a struggle and put me off in case of taking the car for any short distance trips. Pity we had no great views and had to keep the curtain mainly close.

Quiet, relaxing, spacious and clean space. Comfortable matress and sofa. We stayed at the junior room so we also had some exta space. Little TV with a good selection of channels as BBC news and a SKY box.

15min walk from metro station, clean and comfortable room.
    • Studio (3 Adults)

Hard to find, the hotel is like in a complex no sogns or anything from the outside, took us 15min going round the block with the car to identify.

15min walk from metro station, clean and comfortable room. We also hd a private parking for only €5.

Good
    • Family Room

In the apartment was an awful smell of food that is coming through ventilation.

The accommodation is near the public transportation station. The apartments are clean and equipped with all the necessary things.

location.
    • Studio (2 Adults)

the wifi was very weak and lost connection often. the water quality is not good - a big white residue (like a marble) left on the pot walls and bottom - would be good to install filter+softer device. the kitchen might be better equipped... the refrigerator is very weak - the fridge camera completely useless... the air-conditioner just near bed headboard... but next time I'll choose that place again. 90%.

location... access to the public transportation...

The room is not decorated.
    • Studio (2 Adults)

The room is not decorated. The water quality is not good - the white residue always left on the kettle's walls and bottom. I understand 'the marble' issue but filter and softner will help...

Not really comfortable. Accessibility is a big problem
    • Studio (3 Adults)

Accessibility to the property is a big issue. Staff are not very friendly or helpful. Their is no good restaurant nearby. The place is far from the city . I won't recommend unless you have a car to drive your own.

The property was clean and neat.

I recommend this location for comfort, position and courtesy of staff!
    • Family Room

It would have been necessary that the garbage be taken daily!

Large apartment with kitchen and enough cooking items. They were two rooms, each one with a fridge and a TV. A Carefour market is situated very close to the hotel. Very comfortable!

Stay was okay for the prize
    • Studio (2 Adults)

The rooms could use some updating. The beds were very hard and the bedspread is from the 70's. A toilet brush should be replaced regularly.

Friendly staff and close to the center of Rome. The room was clean. The rooms are big enough and with a little update would give great scores !

In general I like it

In the room have kitchen but stove is not working properly. To make a scrambled eggs take a half an hour 😰

I like that rooms are big has closet and dresser

Nice staff, quiet rooms, great tv channels.
    • Studio (2 Adults)

Given no information about local amenities, had to work the restaurants/buses at ourselves. Would have liked an information leaflet in the room

Nice staff, quiet rooms, great tv channels. Very comfortable room

Good place, near the tube and bus station, in the room we...
    • Studio (3 Adults)

Good place, near the tube and bus station, in the room we had small kitchen with fridge and plate, 10 minuts by walk and you can reach carfur, but it's not allowed to buy alcohol after 10 pm.

magnificent city !!
    • Family Room

The Staff at the reception was serious would have been good to see a smile. Also, the wifi had issues as we were able to access websites etc, but were unable to make whatsapp calls. Would be good to provide some basic travel information and maps to guests.

The Apartment was clean. The bathroom was Hygienic. It was accessible via public transport. It was a 20-25 min travel from Termini or any of the monuments, but depends on the transport service. The room was comfortable and had a super market nearby. The Kitchenette was sufficient enough. Overall a very convenient stay. The Room had TV hence the kids were occupied with the animation channels Would be better if the staff had a smiling face :)

The apartment was really great otherwise
    • Studio (1 Adult)

I was in Room 803 and had the feeling that the people in the next room were either "social help" occupants or some resident drunks. Several evenings at 10pm there was really really loud banging on their door, followed minutes later by unrestrained female screaming/shouting, as though they'd run out of alcohol and their world was ending...

The air conditioning was great - it was 38c outside. The apartment was to a really high standard.

Good value for money
    • Studio (3 Adults)

The receptionist during our second night was a bit rude to my children. My 8 year old son was crying his eyes off after they were ignored about their query on the internet.

Very clean, very efficient housekeeping, car park on site, free wifi (had to ask for it though, wasn't given to us on check-in) kitchenette with cooking stuffs, very good air conditioning and comfortable beds. Late check-in time. Receptionist when we arrived was very accomodating and helpful.

avoid
    • Studio (3 Adults)

Location was bad, far from everything. Nearby didn´t have shops, restaurants, anything. Doors was open 24/7, still front desk was closed at nights. View from from room was onto carage. Front desk gave bad/wrong advises how to get in places. We get once clean towels and clean sheets and we stayed week.

Simple and sweet.
    • Studio (3 Adults)

There us no breakfast obviously but did enjoy the local food.

The receptionist told us how to get to places and told us where to get the bus tickets. Nice.

Excellent hotel value for money.
    • Studio (3 Adults)

I like almost everything.

The staffs are very nice and helpful. Always you will find smiling face at the reception. Very convenient hotel. In my next visit I would prefer to stay in this hotel. One guy name Yuri he help us a lot in that hotel. Excellent hotel.

very clean and comfortable for my family
    • Studio (3 Adults)

I have already paid room fee but they have taken 62 Euro from my cart without my permission. I didn't understand why they transacted

very clean and comfortable for my family

In-room mini-kitchen is great, time and money saver.
    • Studio (3 Adults)

No balcony. It's not comfortable to eat in room (for family from 4 peoples). It's not easy to get to Ciampino airport early at morning. 1.5 km to subway station is not so far, but if you need to get it and back each day during your stay in Rome, it's boring.

In-room mini-kitchen is great, time and money saver. 2 markets around, Carefour supermarket not far (about 15-20 minutes walking). Bus stop nearby. Subway station Garbatella in 1.5 km. Overall, I think, this place is good for its money.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Good location, well-equipped kitchen, fast wi-fi.
    • Studio (2 Adults)

No cleaning service at all during the 4 days of our stay (the receptionist said the hotel doesn't do cleaning, only changes the linen twice a week). Bed cover and towels looked old.

Good location, well-equipped kitchen, fast wi-fi. Public parking in front of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

PLS ADD... I want to stress that help from Front desk is very satisfactory..
    • Studio (1 Adult)

too far from CITY CENTER with long bus wait and crowded transportation, not for ind traveller witj NO CAR. help was ok at reception desk but location of RESIDENCE when relying on public transportation is not suitable for me...wall insonorisation is poor.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

good
    • Family Room

junior suit was actually a studio with an open sleeping area, not a one-bedroom as advertised

quite area, easy access to transport, room service was good, the reception staff helpful especially Massimo

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

A quite place.

Clean and confortable.

The property was ok but a little too far from the center of...
    • Family Room

The property was ok but a little too far from the center of the city.

It was a nice place to stay for a week or two.
    • Studio (3 Adults)

It was a nice place to stay for a week or two.

The room was nice, metro is near, nice start for visiting...
    • Family Room

The room was nice, metro is near, nice start for visiting the center of Rome, near is also a park for jogging

Bugs during night trying yeat me.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Bugs during night trying yeat me. They live in bed. .

Lovely place very friendly staff

Lovely place very friendly staff

1 day we were without internet.
    • Family Room

1 day we were without internet. In the offer it was not mentioned that they will charge 4 EUR extra for city tax per day pre person

Staff were helpful
    • Family Room

Thin walls you can hear all your neighbours

Staff were helpful

no hot water, internet present in theory only
    • Studio (1 Adult)

no hot water, internet existed only on paper

Overall good.
    • Family Room

Overall good. Not bad Internet was hardly available.

The view is absolutely amazing

The view is absolutely amazing

reception poco educate

reception poco educate

quite suitable for a tourist

TV

the bed, the heating system

Recommend Residence Colombo 112 would stay here again when in Rome
    • Studio (2 Adults)

Such nice staff, wonderful. Quiet and very comfy.

Great for our needs.
    • Studio (2 Adults)

Great place. Very spacious clean. Helpful sfaff. Good location if you have a car. Safe parking on site.

Good stay

Clean Room

It is the best one in Italy
    • Family Room

I love it. It was really kind and warm welcome and helping hand with staff. Recommended 100%

Excellent choice, no regrets!
    • Family Room

No complementary coffee or water

Modern facilities and reasonable parking

Yes i recommend for one without children

For children not convienent

Facilities

Pets

Pets

nice place

no breakfast include

clean place, close to the city center, the staff was very helpful. good place for a traveler.

Very good hotel

Very good hotel

All staff helpful and friendly

Bed was uncomfortable

All staff helpful and friendly

Clean, helpful staff
    • Family Room

Bed space was not really for 4 as the sofa was not a comfortable sleeping position

Clean, helpful staff

Parking nad value for money
    • Family Room

wi-fi password only for one device (but you can ask additional on reception)

Parking nad value for money

Good.
    • Studio (2 Adults)

A bit far from the centre.

Room was good.

It is really cheap.
    • Family Room

After check in, the room haven't been cleaned at all. We waited in the room for an hour for cleaning up.

It is really cheap.

The professional staff really made the stay worthwhile.
    • Studio (2 Adults)

The professional staff really made the stay worthwhile. They all helped out and were extremely kind.

Excellent value for money and location

Late checkout.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Overall satisfactory stay. We would use premises again.
    • Studio (2 Adults)

No kettle and ironing board. However, iron was supplied when requested.

Friendly and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2016

the staff was more than friendly

noise on the room near elevator ....so beware

the staff was more than friendly residence was close to town quiet area big grocery store nearby coffee = 50 cents....

• Reviewed: 21 April 2016

A good surprise, everything was really good.

A good surprise, everything was really good. A cool bonus was the train to the airport very close to the residence and also the underground to the middle of the city was close.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2016

The room heater was not working, the kitchen taps were...

The room heater was not working, the kitchen taps were broken and could be used. The staff were adament when we asked for another room during the night telling that all rooms were full but the provided another room early inthe next day morning

• Reviewed: 3 January 2016

- good heating system, so was always warm in the room (we...

- there is a mark "kitchen should be kept clean": it includes throwing garbage yourself. - sheets were changed rarer than was stated (stated: once in 3 days). - don`t expect that at the kitchenette will be anything like salt for cooking

- good heating system, so was always warm in the room (we were there in december). - wifi worked fine - kitchenette is well equipped

• Reviewed: 30 October 2015

I've been in the room 705 and that's a good one!

I've been in the room 705 and that's a good one! It was clean and with a good enough kitchen. Sky tv and free wi-fi some good addictions. There's a laundry room, another good option. All the Reception's staff work hard to make things going well.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2015

A fine place, i got to say.

A fine place, i got to say. Everything just clicked OK, from the comfortable room to the great staff. Subway very close, in few minutes you are in the centre of the mighty Rome.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2015

The location was good and bad: it was near enough the city,...

The location was good and bad: it was near enough the city, metro and busstops, but the traffic in Via Christoforo Colombo was huge. Waiting busses was awfull. Taxis were easy and not very expensive..In the residence the small kitchen was suitable. Cleaning happened easily and everyone were helpful. Rome is a city with many controversies..

• Reviewed: 30 July 2015

I've been here about 7 years ago and it's great how...

I've been here about 7 years ago and it's great how much they improved their range, since then. The rooms are pretty new, with better services-air conditioning more powerful-new bathrooms and the cleaning service it's more accurate. The guys at the Reception are now more professional, friendly and helpful than the old ones (no surprise they are not working here anymore!). Good job, Residence Colombo! Keep it up! :)

• Reviewed: 23 July 2015

Very quiet place.

The laundry didn't work well specially the drier that kept all clothes wet. So it was difficult to dry up.The kitchenette had outdated appliances.

Very quiet place. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2015

The location is quite convenient and in a safer and quieter...

The bathroom and toilets could have been maintained in a much better way. Bed linens were not changed even after 3 days (as mentioned in the website).

The location is quite convenient and in a safer and quieter corner of Rome. The staff was very good and helpful. The rooms were cosy.

• Reviewed: 31 May 2015

The weather

We reached the hotel at 8 am , we left the luggage in the reception and returned at 8 pm. Guess? In our room was a mechanic. Is this possible?

The weather

• Reviewed: 24 May 2015

Bright clean spacious accommodation, bathroom cleaned every...

Kitchen equipment was a bit limited, only one cup , no glasses. Really clean inside but thousands of cigarette ends in the car park, hadn't been swept for months if not years.

Bright clean spacious accommodation, bathroom cleaned every day. Bed could be hidden away during the day. Good air con.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2015

Near Ostiense station, easy to go to arrive from/to the...

It was pretty bad. We were supposed to have a Junior Suite with 1 double bad and 2 sofas, instead we had 2 rooms for 2 persons separated by a door with 2 beds in that room. Also even tho we had not booked a room for 3 persons they gave us one that had an extra bed in it and charged us extra. Also the staff had a pretty bad english and they were not nice. Sunday morning the fire alarm went off and woke us at 7 am. I would never return to this place again.

Near Ostiense station, easy to go to arrive from/to the airport.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2015

It was all we needed for a couple of days in Rome.

Only - was the smallest ever coffee pot (for 1 person). So we bought our own :)

It was all we needed for a couple of days in Rome. The hotell was a bit away from the centrum but we had a car, so it worked rather fine for us. A couple of good restaurants near by and the kitchen was a must for us.

There are also 45 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.