Reviews of Residenza San Calisto 3 stars

Via dell' Arco di San Calisto, 20, Trastevere, 00153 Rome, Italy

#38 of 968 hotels in Rome

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

Wonderful. Would highly recommend.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Beautiful hotel room/apartment, very accommodating front desk. Trastevere is incredible and this is in the heart of it all. Could not have enjoyed it more.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Excellent stay!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Nothing! We loved Trastavere- delicious food everywhere and great location!

Breakfast was amazing! The room was immaculate and the service was exceptional. Very warm and welcoming. Would stay here again!

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Great place and location.
    • Double or Twin Room

The shower water was cold at peak use age times.

Great location. The design of the facility and layout of the room was excellent. The breakfast was great. The staff was extremely helpful.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

We rented the two bedroom apartment.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The apartment was clean and extremely spacious. The shower heads in both bathrooms however were pretty limp and unable to spray into the center of the small space. The kitchen also could use more attention. There wasn’t enough silverware, regular glasses or small plates. Also the door to the freezer didn’t work properly.

We rented the two bedroom apartment. The value is terrific, given the location right in Trastevere. The staff were friendly and very helpful. Breakfast was very nice.

Welcoming, friendly, central.
    • Double or Twin Room

Extended my stay at Residenza San Calisto, so I moved rooms. Comfortable room, great staff, great location. I would have stayed again, but the inn was full on my dates. Great neighborhood location with walking distance to the great bars, restaurants, bakeries, and fun of Trastevere, with only a short walk to Ponte Sisto and Central Rome. Thank you for everything, Giovanna!

Giovanna is the best.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

As with most European apartments, this is a walk up :(

Giovanna was warm and helpful. She's exactly what you hope for in reception when traveling to a new place. I arrived well past midnight, and her instructions were clear and succinct for accessing the building and getting to my room. The apartment was large and complete with kitchen and very comfortable. Giovanna gave helpful and spot on recommendations for dinners and shared stories about her family in Sicily and her artist friends. I would have stayed here when I returned from another trip if rooms had been available. Thank you!!

The location, staff, security, privacy, interior, I liked...
    • Double or Twin Room

I was so excited to take a bath but realized that a part was missing and only shower was available. After a long walk in Rome, taking a bath would have been amazing!

The location, staff, security, privacy, interior, I liked them all. Although if I did not manage to get a wifi and receive emails about how to enter as it was not a 24 hour reception, I would have been screwed... but all in all it went well and I will definitely come back again.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

The receptionists were both extremely nice and helpful.
    • Double or Twin Room

The receptionists were both extremely nice and helpful. We arrived early and they let us leave our luggage and then moved our luggage to our room so it was ready for us. Perfect, easy location. Great customer service. Spoke English well. Highly highly recommend.

We experienced the following problems in this location:
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

We experienced the following problems in this location: 1. Cheking in: We came at 7pm. There was nobody at the reception and the hotel was closed. I checked my email and find a letter from the hotel with an instruction how to open the hotel door. When we got in, in a few minutes I found a letter at the reception desk. The letter was explaining how to find a room No1. A key to the room No1 was attached to the letter. We found the room No 1 soon, but the key was wrong. There were two telephone numbers printed in the letter. In a several minutes I reached the hotel manager, and 25 minutes later, she came. She laughed for a long time becouse I was not able to understand that room No 1 is not in the hotel, but in a block of flats next to the hotel. So if you don't have access to your email or don't speak English, you may meet problems with checking in ig nobody in the hotel. 2. Location of the room: We book this hotel becouse we like the fotos of it. But in fact we got a flat in a block of flats next to the hotel. That was not obvious for me when I booked. 3. Guest relations: We wanted a nice romantic hotel but not a flat, so after one night we decided to check out. The manager of the hotel wanted us to pay tourist tax for two nights as she registered us for two nights and we paid the room for two nights. I was not agreed with that. When she heard that I will not pay tourist tax for two nights she came out of the hotel and said that she is going to call the owner. She called by her mobile and said in English that I am agressive and that she is affraid of me. Though we were absolutelly calm. In a few minutes the owner of the hotel came. He said to me that if I say just one more word he will call police. He said "You know how it happens in Italy? I call poloce and you can stay up to five nights there". In a few minutes he calmed down and agreed with me that we should pay one night tourist tax only. We paid and were very happy to get out of this hotel.

Recommend and Return!
    • Quadruple Room

Reception only manned from 0800-1600 (controlled by code/electronic lock outside these times) but it's a tiny issue in an otherwise great hotel.

What's not to like? Reception staff so helpful and friendly. Very quaint, clean, tidy, well decorated and comfortable. The lovely continental breakfast is well worth €7. Location is good. The surrounding streets light up at night and has a real buzz.

Fantastic!
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Could put a little more (quantity of each item) out at the same time. We were six people and did not feel comfortable finishing the small portions especially if any other guests were present.

We loved everything else! The hosts were amazing, the apartment was clean and spacious and the location was ideal! It made our stay in Rome perfect.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

A wonderful boutique hotel in the heart of Trastavere

No complaints

Residenza San Callista is a small hotel nestled in the heart of Trastevere. The staff are most obliging and welcoming, the rooms are comfortable and represent wonderful value for money. Delightful continental breakfast is served in the basement crypt. In spite of its position in the bustling Trastevere area, our room was quiet and a great respite from the hot Rome summer weather.

We highly recommend Residenza San Calisto!
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The two room apartment also has two bathrooms which was great for our family of five. The staff were very friendly and extremely helpful. The location in Trastevere is well located so as to sightsee around Rome. The hotel’s location is nice and quiet.

Location location.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

No lift! At the end of our trip so bags are extra heavy and had to haul up two full flights of stairs.

Location location. We walked to so many places all around the centre. Nice to stroll along by the river as well. It is such a very very fun and active area. Strolling around at night, felt so safe and best of all had the best dinners both nights we were there within a 5 min walk of the SAN Callisto. The last night we ate at Nanarella which if you go to your right as you exit the property to the end of the street and left, it is the 2nd restaurant on your left. Homemade pasta and meatballs! The room itself is very very quiet! And well equipped if you wanted to do any food or snacks on your own.

Not enjoyed by myself and Partner. Spoilt our stay
    • Double or Twin Room

The room had no windows to outside view. There were only polystyrene cups in room. I complained and changed to crockery. Bed below average comfort. Dark in room. 1 room only Paid 606 euros. We were in a large group travelling to Rome for a wedding. Our friends had much better value than we did

An Easter break in Rome.

No adverse comments.

Helpful staff, good breakfast, excellent coffee, comfortable bed, convenient location with lots of good restaurants close by . Receptionist arranged for a car to transfer us to the airport and that worked well.

Very enjoyable short stay in a beautiful and lively part of Rome with great bars & restaurants
    • Double or Twin Room

Lovely small hotel in Trastevere area of Rome; room was very comfortable, great bathroom and shower; excellent continental breakfast. Staff were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble.

Hotel can't fault at all. Location great during the day.

Quite a loud atmosphere outside hotel ok for teenagers but I like quites surburbs. Although they were all friendly so was ok. Lots of restaurants around the corner with people being rowdy.

Staff very helpful and approachable. Great food selection and all tourist attractions in easy access. Transport avaliable but we walked everywhere as just as easy. Pretty loud ato night but it was carnival so probably expected. Would stay there again.

Overall a lovely stay and we would use hotel again.
    • Double or Twin Room

Provide cups/mugs and glasses rather than disposable ones - bit tacky! Somewhere to dry towels - radiator not on in bathroom.

Lovely quiet location with excellent restaurants etc nearby. Nice room with very comfortable bed and pillows. Very friendly and knowledgeable staff.

Perfect

nothing to complain about. Notice front desk is staffed only till 14:00, but they left us with all the information we needed (we arrived at night time) so it wasn't a problem at all.

This beautiful hotel is at a great location in the heart of the cool Trastevere neighborhood, a stone throw from the most popular bars and restaurants, and a walking distance from wherever you want to go in Rome. The room and hotel were spotless clean, with a specious and well equipped bath and comfortable beds. I also adored the authentic design. breakfast seemed nice but we didn't try it

Perfect boutique hotel in Trastevere.

Nothing. It was perfect.

Perfect boutique hotel in Trastevere. 25-minute stroll to the Forum and Colosseum and all the breathtaking areas in Rome. The hotel is in the most adorable neighborhood with cobblestone streets and bars and restaurants everywhere. Spotless clean room, extremely comfortable bed, warm shower with great water pressure. The staff is extremely friendly and knowledgeable. Great breakfast every morning. I love this hotel and will 100% stay again.

Warm, welcoming, comfortable and cosy
    • Double or Twin Room

The windows from our ground floor room looked out into a courtyard; very pretty, but not quite private.

The location was excellent; Most sights were within walking distance; restaurants were good and within walking distance. The staff were exceptional and very helpful. The building had a superb character.

If probably stay somewhere else
    • Double or Twin Room

Lack of reception staff in afternoon

No reception after mid afternoon. We're arrived in rain to find the place locked. We had a five hour train delay. Wait outside in rain and dark for forty minutes before a passerby helped. Owner advised it was our problem because we didn't read the email sent two weeks before. I don't recall if the lack of reception staff was mentioned in booking.com. premises seems to be set up for the convenience of the owner rather than guests.

Excellent location.
    • Double or Twin Room

Excellent location. It is in Trastevere but in a quiet lane. The staff were very good and friendly. The room was clean and a good size. Breakfast was also first rate.

The location was ideal for exploring Rome on Foot, and...
    • Deluxe Studio - Split Level - Separate Building

The location was ideal for exploring Rome on Foot, and surrounded by great Restaurants, in a peaceful quiet location. The staff at Hotel were very helpful and I would have no hesitation in recommending this accomodation.

Great little hotel that makes you feel relaxed and welcomed.
    • Double or Twin Room

Nothing I can really highlight.

Great location. Small hotel with very friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast simple but exactly what we were looking for and everything fresh and tasty. Were made to feel very welcome and we really enjoyed our stay. Excellent value for money. Would stay here again anytime.

Home from home.
    • Double or Twin Room

The TV in our room did not have good reception but we were not there to watch TV.

Really friendly and welcoming staff who want to provide you with all the local info you will need even before you ask. Like a little bit of home from home. Very safe, secure and clean. Plenty of places to eat and drink which begin just outside your door but yet quiet when you want to sleep.

Gorgeous Hotel in the perfect location.
    • Double or Twin Room

Gorgeous Hotel in the perfect location. We loved everything about our stay here! Ive been to Rome a number of times now and this hotel is the best I've stayed in. When we're next here, I won't choose anywhere else!

A great place to stay to enjoy Rome
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was on a first come first served basis and sometimes the pastries had all gone by the time we got there. There was no wifi in our room, so we had to go to the communual areas to access it.

Although located in the bustling Travestere area, the hotel itself was really quiet and peaceful. The air-conditioned rooms kept us cool at night and meant we slept well. The staff were excellent - very friendly and extremely helpful.

Decent place to stay if you don't face any emergency
    • Double or Twin Room

We were traveling with my wife and baby. Checked in at 2pm, dropped our luggage and went to see Rome. It was summer, weather was hot. We came back a 10pm, were tired and dying to have shower. But instead of hot water there came air and dirt from the pipe. I came out of room, there were nobody of staff seen (they don't work at nights). I tried to call emergency number several times, until somebody picked up the phone. They said that the boiler had been broken, they repaired it already and in 1 hour the hot water will come. It didn't. So we just had to sleep without shower. In the morning hot the hot water finally appeared and we had the shower Next day we were checking out. We didn't receive any apologies or even mentions of this accident from the staff. When I asked about it directly, I had an answer like "yeah, there was a little problem for a couple of hours, but it wasn't our fault". Okay, but we are paying for the whole service, our evening was ruined and staff just show a poker face like nothing happened TLDR: 1) Couldn't solve the problem in time 2) Didn't address customers before and after the problem was solved

The place is clean and fancy

Charming, authentic home away from home
    • Deluxe Studio - Split Level - Separate Building

No complaints! We'd stay there again. We are a family of five with three kids ages 12, 10 and three. There was room for all A price point that we could not match anywhere else. It was much better than staying in a hotel room. We had her own apartment. We loved it.

It was charming, quaint, nicely renovated. We loved the location. Very safe. Ancient Jewish section of the city with strong security presence. Restaurants were excellent. And close to main road. We walked to a small grocer and bought eggs, juice, bread and other items to make breakfast. The apartment has pots, pans and dishes.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Great location, Great staff,Great breakfast
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

I loved the place would definitely go there again. The apartment we stayed in does require a flight of stairs to be climbed.

Great friendly staff, good location, great breakfast overall nice place for a bunch of people to stay together

Great Place; Recommended
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Neighborhood had many restaurants but was dirtier than expected, wifi spotty, showers a bit small.

large rooms, high ceilings, full kitchen, heavy duty soundproof windows, great location, patio, nice staff

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Great location and comfortable hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Safe didn't work and couldn't get English tv news. With due respect it was holiday season and couldn't get staff in to rectify these faults.

Staff very helpful and great location

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

Cozy hotel in heart of Travestere
    • Double or Twin Room

Shower wasn't particularly hot and had to wait for a day for someone to increase the temperature.

Bed very comfortable and whole property kept in very good condition

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Great Location for a Roman Holiday
    • Double or Twin Room

Staff were exceptionally helpful -- almost family-like. The location was super -- walking distance to many sights, lots of restaurants and shops and even a convenient laundry.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Excellent small hotel in wonderful Trastevere
    • Double or Twin Room

Excellent breakfast. Wonderful helpful staff. The location is perfect in Trastevere. Many attractions and restaurants are within easy walking distance or just around the corner.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

The location in Trastervere was great, the staff friendly...
    • Double or Twin Room

Reception wasn't always manned but there was a number that could be used to contact staff if needed.

The location in Trastervere was great, the staff friendly and helpful, the room quiet and the breakfasts excellent. There are plenty of good restaurants nearby and it is within reasonable walking distance of all the main attractions and historic sites including the Vatican.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

I would stay here every time I visit!
    • Double or Twin Room

The rooms were well equipped and the beds very comfortable

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Absolutely fabulous

We loved everything about this hotel. From The moment we walked in to the moment we had to leave

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

It has a excellent location and kindness staff with poor stuff in the room but our stay was Amasing
    • Double or Twin Room

We would like more equipment and stuff in our room .for example blanket, cup ,glass ,...

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Great!
    • Double or Twin Room

Shower needed attention! Shower rose unadjustbale and needed descaling.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Most of it
    • Double or Twin Room

Air conditioning not very effevtive

Most of it

Very good place.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Hard to get taxi near the hotel.

Very good place.

Perfect start to our holiday
    • Quadruple Room

Great location, clean comfortable room, helpful, friendly staff, good breakfast.

The location and the style of the hotel itself were...

The location and the style of the hotel itself were excellent.

We loved everything about our stay!
    • Double or Twin Room

We loved everything about our stay! Residenza San Calisto is perfectly located, with the Old World charm of Southern Italy!

Fantastic location and a comfortable stay
    • Double or Twin Room

Great location, helpful staff, clean, comfortable room. Breakfast was worth the extra cost.

Everything was good, i would recommend staying here!
    • Double or Twin Room

Not much light in the room, practically no windows

Everything was good, i would recommend staying here!

Pleasant
    • Deluxe Studio - Split Level - Separate Building

There are no comments available for this review

Made our stay in Rome even better
    • Deluxe Studio - Split Level - Separate Building

Very cosy and quiet apartment

Best location in Rome

Right from booking the staff were so efficient which is...
    • Deluxe Studio - Split Level - Separate Building

Right from booking the staff were so efficient which is always a good sign! Communication was excellent.

Would definitely recommend
    • Double or Twin Room

Brilliant stay. Fantastic location with lots of great restaurants and bars around. Easy to get to all the tourist attractions.

Best place I’ve stayed in ever
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Felt like a little apartment, breakfast was spot on, lovely fresh baked pastries.

• Double or Twin Room

Location, friendly staff, quiet yet close to quaint bars and restaurants

perfect, would happily stay here again!!
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

fantastic location to explore the city with some great bars and eateries nearby.

Had a lovely stay. Would stay here again
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Kitchen not very well equipped ie. No glasses, no spoons, no tea towel.

Good location, friendly helpful staff

Would book it again!
    • Double or Twin Room

Nothing! Idea: A sauna or hottub :-)?

Very friendly personnel - Great breakfast, lots of variety! Loved the shower and the coziness of the room.

Great accommodation in Rome

Great location anf very helpful staff. Recommend this place to anyone visiting Rome. Excellent

The San Calisto is a wonderful place to stay - very...
    • Double or Twin Room

The San Calisto is a wonderful place to stay - very comfortable, attentive service, great location.

We stayed our first 3 nights in Rome and loved it so much, booked our last night there.

Nothing reallly.

Staff were friendly and helpful, great location and accommodation and breakfast wonderful.

A really great ambience
    • Double or Twin Room

Noisey and too little light

Service great space in room great

Love the neighborhood!
    • Double or Twin Room

ACcould've worked a little better

Loved all the restaurants around the hotel

Great experience from start to finish

Nothing to report

Very quiet, very clean, great breakfast, friendly and helpful staff, perfect location.

Fabulous stay at Residenza San Calisto and we wouldn't hesitate to recommend the hotel
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Staff extremely helpful and friendly. Location excellent. Apartment was spotless and well equipped.

Had a wonderful time in Rome. The location was great. Easy walking distance to Rome must sees..
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was very roomy. Great location.

Breakfast was good.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Wifi wasn't working on all days.

Breakfast was good.

I love it.

Everything was very good

I liked everything. The place, staff, facilities.

Nice place to stay
    • Double or Twin Room

Nice Hotel clean and staff very helpful. Found it difficult to use public transport so used taxis.

Great stay
    • Double or Twin Room

Everything was wonderful. Charming building and neighborhood.

Great location, Friendly Staff
    • Double or Twin Room

The bed could have been more comfortable.

Great location. Quiet despite the vibrant nightly crowd. Overall a good, clean, friendly place.

Boutique hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Professional and friendly staff. Great area to enjoy Rome. Sights within walking distance. Comfortable rooms.

Good stay. Needs some additional items
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Not enough outlets for electronics. Needs wall decorating. Needs more pots pans for functional kitchen

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

Friendly staff, great location, good size modern room, great...
    • Double or Twin Room

Room a bit dark on ground floor

Friendly staff, great location, good size modern room, great value

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

Very good in every respect
    • Double or Twin Room

The WiFi in the apartment was occasionally sketchy

Very helpful staff in a very good location at a very good price.

Browse Residenza San Calisto traveller photo gallery