Reviews of Hotel Ristorante Borgo La Tana 3 stars

Via dell'Amicizia 22 - Contrada Castrocucco, 85046 Maratea, Italy

#6 of 13 hotels in Maratea

• Standard Triple Room

Would not recommend discounted rooms! Small basement rooms without window (only doors), beds not comfortable, very small for 3 people, loud lawn sprinkler right in front of the room in the middle of the night

Nice hotel grounds with beautiful plants, great pool, nice hotel staff, breakfast good - but not the orange juice ;)

The ''high speed'' advertised WiFI came and went - lady on Reception said there was poor reception in the rooms. Then the WiFi went altogether. Same lady apologised, said I could use my laptop in Reception - impracticable as rooms in different building. As I am older and travelling by myself, I explained that I would have to check out the next day - a day early - if there was no WiFi as I depend so much on it. She nodded agreement. Next morning, still no WiFi in my room. At check-out, a guy whom I presume was the owner/manager suddenly arrived, said I had to pay for that night as well and started to rant and rave at me, his finger less than an inch from my face, screaming - seriously screaming - that I just didn't know how to use technology and it was my problem - or it was possibly that my phone couldn't receive WiFi (my phone is a 2017 Samsung Galaxy A5, my laptop is a 2017 model HP ENVY X360 A12 and I have been using computers for 30 years ...). But it was impossible to say anything as he just kept shouting and pointing his finger. I had to physically back up to avoid him making contact with me. It became quite frightening - especially when he grabbed the receipt the lady had given me out of my hand, tore it up and threw it on the floor. The lady stood by looking very embarrassed. I managed to ask for his name and he refused - then he said that his name was ''Mr Nobody'' (I could understand this with my limited Italian) and obviously thought this was a great joke. ''Yes, that's who I am, Mr NOBODY!!!'' He continued to shout and scream and after some time, I finally managed to get the lady to explain to him that I I booked in good faith a room with WiFi - and the WiFi did not exist, so I had to check out. Finally, I paid for the night I had stayed and managed to escape.

Location OK, room OK

Why the cap in pool?

Good location high on a hill, gorgeous pool (must wear bathing cap)very nice room, very nice grounds, staff very helpful. We had excellent dinners and Italianstyle breakfast at restaurant. Get a discount pass to La Secca beach (rocky but beautiful, good bar and restaurant) but need a car. About 10 KM from Matarea itself (very interesting village) but coastal drive is worth it.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The air conditioning was very noisy and it was difficult to sleep while it was running. This was very annoying, as the weather was very hot and it would get warm really fast without the AC on. The food selection was fine, but the quality of the food and coffee were unsatisfactory.

The room had a view to the sea, which was great! The room had a small balcony, but there was a big terrace next to our room, which was very convenient. Also, there were laundry racks available to dry your beach things. The pool was also really nice!

• Economy Quadruple Room

The mid-day food selection at the pool bar was somewhat lacking and there is little other option near by.

A nice European-style breakfast buffet. Beautiful grounds and views. Comfortable and adequately sized rooms with good air conditioning. Lovely pool. Food at the restaurant was very good and fairly priced.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

VERY BAD. In the middle of the night AIR CONDITION STOPPED WORKING. And after the electricity in the room stoped work. It was very hot and we couldn't sleep the whole night. The open window didn"t help - there were mosquitos and swamp air. Of course there were nobody on the reception. In the morning the manager of the hotel told that it is Saturday and nobody can fix it. Also he mentioned that it ALWAYS HAPPENS ON WEEKENDS. And you will smile - the manager suggested 5 euro discount and 2 euro town tax cancell. THIS HOTEL MUST BE THE LAST PLACE TO STAY IN THIS AREA.

• Economy Double or Twin Room

The swimming pool was used for children's swimming lessons, which took most of the pool and obviously we went there for tranquility. It's a shame. Otherwise the hotel was very nice and the restaurant is sure not to be missed.

• Economy Double or Twin Room

There was an extra 2 Euro / person per night tourist tax, which was not mentioned on the booking.com, and was not payable by credit card. Long waiting at check out. No possibility for lunch or early dinner, because restaurant was open only from 20:00 PM. Road with dangerous traffic between room and pool/breakfast so children can't go back alone. Staff a bit blasé, bored (but helpful) not familiar feeling. Rules and supervision everywhere (e.g. don't do this, don't do that, swimcap compulsory in the pool, etc.), what makes the feeling that the owner is not welcoming but worried about the guests.

Everything is tidy and clean. Beautiful garden. Breakfast by the pool with delicious fruits and unlimited hot drinks (tea, coffee). Pool suitable for swimming. Check in till 23:00 PM.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

The hotel is ~7 km from the port of Matarea and a few more kms from Maratea center, so it is not walking distance from main tourist attractions. It is quite pricey compared to similar hotels that we stayed in during our 2016 Italy visit

The breakfast was very good, and especially for the kids who loved the pancakes. The views from the swimming pool is just fantastic.

• Reviewed: 29 June 2016

• Economy Double or Twin Room

There is a road running right through the middle of the complex. It is necessary to cross the road to go to breakfast and to go to the pool which I didn't like, for this I wouldn't advise for anyone with children.

Very friendly and helpful staff, the hotel is in lovely area, the complex is tranquil, well maintained and clean. Breakfast is excellent, varied and of good quality.

• Reviewed: 25 June 2016

• Economy Double or Twin Room

Poor breakfast, noisy during daytime, waffle towels in bathroom, strange work of condicioner.

Restaurant for dinner is very good. Not expensive. Hotel is close to the beach.

• Economy Double or Twin Room

Such good value it is difficult to find any fault

Brilliant hotel in lovely area

• Economy Double or Twin Room

Very slow internet, sauna is 15€ per person for 30 minutes.

Clean, comfortable, good sleep, nice breakfast, free parking spot.

• Standard Single Room

Our room was beside reception and it was extremely noisy.

Beautiful, lovely staff, lovely meal.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Simple but charming clean accommodation. A good sized swimming pool. Excellent seafood in the restaurant. Very friendly and helpful staff.

• Economy Quadruple Room

it is necessary to cross a freeway after parking the car to enter the hotel and this can be dangerous for children

breakfast was wonderful

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

breakfast, separate buildings during a rain storm

view and dinner at hotel restaurant

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

• Economy Double or Twin Room

Great facilities and staff, room was brilliant for a solo traveller, nothing more you can ask for from a hotel

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

• Economy Double or Twin Room

The restaurant did not meet with the same standards as the Hotel.

The exquisite gardens and the pool were amazing.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

• Economy Double or Twin Room

Room was a bit hot no aircon just a fan

everything was great and the property was immaculate

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Standard Quadruple Room

Walls are thin, you hear all the movements of the neighbours.

Very friendly staff,nice location, lovely pool.

• Reviewed: 8 May 2016

Not a thing

The place is lovely in every way. The family owned and run hotel is a gem. Lovely private,clean and beautifully decorated rooms. Beautiful gardens, Wondefful breakfast- the best homemade yogurt I have ever had, I am sure their dinners would be great. Very helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2016

The GPS coordinates indicated on booking.com are slightly off, so initially went the wrong way.

Even though we were the only guests at the time, the staff make sure that dinner and breakfast provided plenty of choice.

• Reviewed: 20 March 2016

Not a sea view hotel, but we knew that

Excellent location for visiting the lovely coast of Maratea. Extremely helpful staff. Excellent restaurant for dinner and breakfast. Rooms very clean and well maintained. Highly recommended. Will come back next time in the region

• Reviewed: 22 November 2015

We thought it was the downtown of Maratea, so it's our fault. Wished this location is closer to the downtown of Maratea..

The hotel may need a little more upgrade in facilities, but this hotel was easy to find.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2015

The staff was not very friendly and no one spoke English. We booked and paid a Junior suite and they gave us er just a normal room. Even though the Hotel was very emtpy. After complaining we got the right room.

The room was ok

• Reviewed: 23 September 2015

No bad experience . One point you need a swimming cap for the pool and also it would have been nice to have the bar at pool area ope.

Lovely family run hotel .the gardens are beautiful and the rooms furnished to a very high standard ,especially the bathroom figments . The restaurant is very good and reasonable .The family are very friendly and helpful . I wish I had been able to speak better Italian to converse with them. It was in a good location and easy to find.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2015

There is no wifi inside the rooms...at least our rooms (301-302)! The pool -area opens at 10 which is kind of late I think! Having to wear a swimming cap in the swimming pool was a bit of a nuisance and moreover there were swimming classes for children going on every day in half of the pool! The breakfast could have been better!!

Very friendly and helpful staff! Good location and very clean and big rooms!! We had a really good time!! Good wifi around the hotel and private parking!

• Reviewed: 4 August 2015

One can not control the air condition, the hotel has a schedule on which they stop and start it. In the night got very, very hot, we couldn't sleep.

• Reviewed: 22 July 2015

Staff was extremely friendly and helpful, especially at the reception. The room was decent and clean. The hotel has its own parking lot, which is definitely a plus in this area. All in all great value for money!

• Reviewed: 21 July 2015

Our only complaint was slow wifi.

Great staff. Immaculately clean hotel! Lovely cool room, quiet air conditioner. Fantastic playground & fitness circuit. I would highly recommend.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2015

The restaurant was closed as we visited out of season we had planned to use it, having a restaurant was one of the reasons we chose the hotel.

Clean modern rooms, very helpful and friendly staff

• Reviewed: 5 November 2015

We were in October and the restaurant was not working ((( only breakfast we could have

Perfect place!

• Reviewed: 28 October 2015

We had to use bathing hats in the pool.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2015

A/C working on a strange schedule & cannot switch it ON/OFF from the room

There are also 9 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Hotel Ristorante Borgo La Tana traveller photo gallery