Reviews of Hotel Romeo 5 stars

Via Cristoforo Colombo 45, Port of Naples, 80133 Naples, Italy

#56 of 158 hotels in Naples

Probably the best hotel in Naples
    • Family Junior Suite (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Perhaps the bed was a bit hard. It would have been nice if any of the rooms had a balcony. To get a view over the port you need to have a room high up in the building.

We've stayed here many times, and the staff was even nicer than earlier. Everything is top of the line. A real improvement that the breakfast in the restaurant now isn't divided in two different categories. The breakfast restaurant also has a great view of the port. And of course the rooftop pool is wonderful! We hade a large corner room (ca 40 m2), with a large bathroom.

Would stay again...
    • Deluxe Front Double Room

The view was a little disappointing... Over docks, and a main road .... Great view of Vesuvius from pool however...And a short walk into the old town...

Very helpful, friendly staff. Request for a room on a high floor was taken into account.. Thanks!

5 star hotel with horrible service
    • Family Suite with Harbour View (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Some of the worst service I have ever received in any hotel I have ever stayed at. Here is the list of why I say this: 1. Ordered a drink by the pool and never received it. 2. Had to ask twice for the sofa bed to be made up. 3. Did not have sufficient bath towels in the room. 4. Ordered a maxi taxi with hotel reception staff and a normal taxi turned up. Had to squash up in the back seat to get to the airport. 5. Perhaps the most weird/ scary part of our experience at this hotel was a staff member attempting to enter our room at 9:30pm at night with a hotel card. When we opened the door to ask why she was there she pretended to ask if everything was ok and handed us a small box of chocolates and then hurried off. It was very suspicious.

New, modern hotel with lots of facilities.

Unfortunately the room was not how I thought, not like the...
    • Wellness Suite

Our meal at the rooftop bar made us feel ill so we cancelled our meal at their resturant later that night, the toilet seat at their bathroom was completed broke off- the taps where loose and the cleanliness was very poor, we decided to order two ham/cheese toasted sandwiches with two small classes of coke and one portion of fries to the room that night to try and eat something, it arrived cold and not toasted properly - the bill for this meal was 71euros (which later had been discounted by 50%) I explained these issues and the chef had said that maybe I had left the cover on too long making the sandwich cold and untoasted - it arrived with no cover, all in all disappointing stay, I read other reviews and booked on that basis and can see some people had a very enjoyable stay I’m just giving my experience

Unfortunately the room was not how I thought, not like the pictures on the website - when booking the wellness suite bare in mind the bath and showers are very “open” - right Bessie the door so if anyone is getting a bath or shower you cannot open the door, the decor is nice but unlike other properties we had stayed in it didn’t have a sense of luxury

The facilities were world class- incredible spa area and gym...
    • Family Junior Suite (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Rooms were modern but small , the surrounding area wasn’t great. I’ve never dealt with more rude and obnoxious staff than at this hotel- perhaps it was a language barrier but have never had any other issues anywhere else or in any other hotels . The manager Mauro had no hospitality skills and had an air of superiority - we joked that he must have been a member of the family that owned the hotel in order to get the job (and keep it!) The only person who was delightful was the Tiziana (sp?) in the spa area who showed us around and was very pleasant.

The facilities were world class- incredible spa area and gym equipment. And modern facilities in rooms- all toiletries and offerings in room fantastic & very good quality.

Comfortable stay in Naples . A one time visit City!!
    • Deluxe Front Double Room

Located in run down area ... though within walking distance of old historic city attractions.

Excellent breakfast... rooftop restaurant with super views of the sea ., Capri, mount Vesuvius and Amalfi coast. Modern gym. Friendly staff.

Gra
    • Deluxe Front Double Room

Gin and topic was a little on the expensive side. Seven Euros for a tonic.

Great hotel. Located at the port so easy to get boat trips to different parts of the coast or the islands. Great breakfast choice with views over the port and out to sea. Nice rooms, good size and lovely views.

The breakfast choices were excellent and the staff very...
    • Wellness Suite

Avoid the top floor restaurant. It is over-priced. The staff are excellent at their job but there is no hiding the fact that the only way to not leave the restaurant hungry is to keep eating the bread (which is delicious) rather than rely on the food on your plate. The food is beautifully presented but 36 Euros for a slowly cooked hens egg and the same for 3 pieces of monkfish (with little or no vegetables) is ridiculous. Top tip: eat before you go!

The breakfast choices were excellent and the staff very attentive. The bar has a small terrace which has wonderful views of the harbour and cruise ships.

third time in hotel.
    • Family Suite with Harbour View

third time in hotel. each time hotel is better. it is very interesting but our previous comments here on booking.com were taken into consideration - and now hotel is real better. good breakfast, good staff. hotel is near molo beverello and this is convenient to travel to Capri, Sorrento etc

If we return to Naples, we would stay at Hotel Romeo

Very limited English Tv programmes

For a city centre hotel, the Romeo is perfect with all the facilities available in an ultra modern property. Lovely toiletries, super shower and wash room, bed linen.

Would stay in the hotel again but would give the bar and restaurant a miss.

The hotel restaurant Il Comandante was a major disappointment. Hotel bar was overpriced.

The corner room was excellent with a great view of Mount Vesuvius and over the bay.

Exceptional Hotel and Service
    • Wellness Suite

The room was simply stunning, stayed in the wellness suite and was everything and more than I expected. The service was exceptional, having been in contact with the hotel for weeks prior to my stay they were able to organise a florist to come out and decorate the room for me exactly as I had asked so I was able to propose to my girlfriend during my stay. I would highly recommend the hotel and the restaurant Il commandante. Thanks guys

Very modern hotel with Michelin star restaurant

Naples is not for me.

Very modern hotel with comfortable beds. Staff were helpful. Situated right in front of cruise terminal and 10 mins walk to centre of town.

Specialty of the hotel.
    • Deluxe Front Double Room

The choice of the breakfast buffet could be improved albeit what were offer is of high quality

Specialty of the hotel. It is a unique one, exceeding the Itáliában standards by far

We had a suite which was very roomy, nice decor and the bed...
    • Family Suite with Harbour View

The breakfast was pretty poor considering the type of hotel and the price. The view was not great in terms of overlooking the coach park for the ferry port but I guess that's not really the hotel's fault. There is some work going on in the area so this should improve.

We had a suite which was very roomy, nice decor and the bed was very comfortable. Very handy for the ferry port and ferries to the islands, and town itself.

stay somewhere else
    • Deluxe Front Double Room

Sharp edges and design make for an extremely uncomfortable feel, bed hard, road noisy, breakfast extraordinarily bad in a city of wonderful food.

They allowed us to cancel the rest of our stay so we could get a good night's sleep at another hotel (although they were determined to charge more than pro rata!)

Not worth the money.
    • Deluxe Front Double Room

Staff in hotel bar extremly slow. (Waiting for pre dinner apero for 40 minutes after which we went away, as only 3 tables were occupied in the whole place).view on ferry boats and cruise ships doesn't really make it "luxury". Hotel looks quite shabby and unkept.top floor bar is nice but open only until 8pm.

A clean upscale environment
    • Deluxe Back Double Room

The controls in the room for the lights and shower are super high tech and was difficult to figure out when you are a tired traveler just arriving.

The beds were rally comfy. The staff was very friendly and attentive. The atmosphere is really modern and very nice.

Amazing stay just disappointed there is no sound proofing between room! Spoiled our relaxing stay
    • Wellness Suite

The fact that there was an adjoining door from our room to the next rooms bathroom (locked) but they were getting up and ready at 5.45am each morning and we could hear them talking and coughing as clear as day therefore we were then scared to make a noise! Should not even be an issue at the cost we paid for the room.

Overall okay
    • Wellness Suite

We had a suite and our neighbours were super noisy - which is no way the hotel or the staff's fault. We were just unlucky I guess. It's just that for a 5star hotel, it was not at all soundproof, the separation between our suite and the couple next to us was a wall and a door, that's why we could hear everything. It's a shame when you pay that price for a suite, and you can't have peace and quiet.

NOT WORTHY of such a hotel!
    • Deluxe Front Double Room

the staff was unhelpful! I went to the pool - there were no towels and I had to beg repeatedly to find anyone who could find any towels. Getting a drink at the pool took FOREVER! and came in a GLASS container to get into the pool!!! Then the sushi restaurant was closed on Sunday! The "Michelin starred" restaurant was NOT worth it! For lunch the next day, the staff just abandoned us and after waiting forever, we finally just got up to leave and had to go into the back to find anyone to actually pay! I asked for some assistance in booking a nail salon from the front desk and was told that "no women are here today to help you" - as if they could not look up a nail salon! I demanded that they assist and finally they found a salon for me to have my nails done. Getting any information or assistance was like begging!

the room was very plush but the layout was crazy - the bathroom doors were ridiculous and didn't open the correct directions so it was impossible to get to the shower without crawling over the toilet!

the facilities were amazing!
    • Deluxe Back Double Room

the facilities were amazing! We were trying to beat the heat wave the first day, so we booked the spa for massages and relaxation. It was a top notch experience. The lounge area and the treatment rooms were perfect. Very clean. Also, the pool was relaxing with great cocktails and view. Taking a departure from pasta, we had a sushi dinner in the restaurant. Amazing!!!

Very nice hotel close to most meeting locations for tours
    • Deluxe Back Double Room

I was not a fan of Naples the city at all and therefore for me any location is pretty average, however I suppose it's not fair to take it out on this hotel. If you have to travel to Naples I'm sure this hotel would make your experience a little better.

The room was very nice, clean, comfortable. The view from the room was decent but the best thing about this hotel was the friendly staff and amazing restaurants within the hotel. Also they have a very nice rooftop pool which i spent a lot of time in, normally I wouldn't spend much time in a hotel when I'm visiting a new place but I did no like Naples at all ! and therefore was glad I had chosen such a nice hotel to spend my time instead.

A surprising summer holiday at South Italy
    • Wellness Suite

The sushi bar, somewhere you never know when they open for business. It seems their closing time is much more than the time they open. I had no luck to try the sushi bar this time. What a pity as there were not too many Japanese restaurants in Naples, this could be leading the dining trend but they didn't.

The staff were really helpful. Even we had checked out and left the luggage to the conciege, they were so helpful for storage and arranged transportation for me. Compliment is given to Il Comandante Restaurant on the roof top. It's a Michelin Star restaurant with high quality fine dining. Very professional staff in the restaurant and great wine reserve. My room was surprisingly good. It's a mini suite with a Technogym private gym, massage spa, dry and steam sauna rooms. I couldn't believe they could have all those inside the room. It really relaxed my body which was exhausted by whole day water sports and tours to islands. Even without the in room gym, they had a very professional gym in the basement which was fully equiped. It's a modern hotel with modern design. It's part of my wonderful holiday in this summer.

Lovely

The one thing I didn't like was the Michelin star restaurant they have at the hotel . It was a disappointment to us .

I really liked the everything; the room, staff, and lobby . It was very clean and the staff we're very helpful. I would love to go there again.

decent, but would expect more from a 5 star.
    • Deluxe Front Double Room

It was too automated. you need a degree to switch on or off lights, to use the shower, or to use the elevator. the last thing you feel like when you arrive late after a long trip. Little things that bother, for example, since the reception is up some stairs one would expect a 5 star hotel to have a porter for the luggage in the morning. Also the hotel is in the port area, and only had a one star Michelin star restaurant available, which was full till late (the other was closed). Its not nice to have to walk out in that area to look for a restaurant.

it was very close to the ferry boats that serve capri and other islands. It was perfectly clean, spacious and well furnished. The staff was very friendly.

Great Hotel in Naples, with view, restaurants, nice staff and good location.

Overall, liked everything.

Good location, walking distance to restaurants, shops, ferry, etc. Very modern, nice staff, good japanese restaurant, Michelin restaurant also, nice pool and comfy bed.

Beautiful Hotel, disappointing service.

Even though I am a Booking.com Genius, we were not able to get early check-in or late check-out. My son had a pair of expensive headphones and cash taken out of his bag while our luggage was in storage awaiting our departure. The rooftop bar is extremely expensive and they would not provide us with a wine opener so we could have drinks in our room. Some of the front desk staff were friendly but others seemed not to really care. Although it was a beautiful hotel, I would probably not choose to stay there again

It has a modern design and a beautiful lobby with dramatic water features and sleek Italian furnishings. The feel carries over to the guest rooms which feature Zebra wood and marble and onyx furnishings. The breakfast buffet was adequate but not extensive.

Not worth the money
    • Family Junior Suite (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Pool wasn't kid friendly. Breakfast way too expensive. Michelin star restaurant completely failed on basic service and knowledge of their food. I actually had to ask for a wine list after my food arrived because I kept hoping someone would remember to bring one. The private driver and private tour of Pompeii was unprofessional and the driver keep refusing to bring us to hotel because he wanted to drive us around more to increase his time claiming that he only works two months a year.

Room and reception was nice.

Quick weekend stay in Naples
    • Deluxe Front Double Room

The breakfast was fair. The staff was friendly and helpful.

I believe it's a bit of a stretch to claim that this hotel is a 5 star one. The staff was friendly and helpful but the premises were something else. I simply didn't like the docor of the hotel at all. The location of the hotel is convenient if you are planning to use the ferry to Amalfi Cost otherwise the harbour is not a very pleasant area.

Jewel in Naples
    • Deluxe Front Double Room

It could be perfect if in the breakfast room that the fresh orange juice taste is not bland Sausage and cold cut meat could be better.

The hotel is modern and sophisticate. The receptionists are very nice and extremely helpful. The facilities and rooms are modern, new and very clean. The soap smell heavenly and the bed is awesome. Breakfast is good with plenty of choices and very good quality. I love the hotel.

A cool oasis in the middle of a bustling city.
    • Deluxe Front Double Room

The hotel restaurant and sushi bar were both closed on Sunday and Monday.

Dinner in Il Commandante Michelin star Restaurant on 10th floor was outstanding. Food and service exceptional.

Good start but was a bad ending
    • Deluxe Front Double Room

Awful wifi service, staff did a mistake with payment upon checking in, when consulted the manager about their staffs mistake, the manager should have apologised and ackowledged staff mistake however they just seemed to dismiss that mistake. Poor handling of a potential future recurring customer by manager.

pool outside nice and warm although very small

Dated
    • Deluxe Front Double Room

Narrow single hard uncomfortable beds with no mattress toppers & linen quality not befitting of a five star hotel. The lighting system was cumbersome and the glass basin had ingrained mould in the joins - basins were never meant to be made from glass for this reason. The swimming pool lost the sun early and it had a filthy ring around the water level - I do hope they've addressed this issue.

The staff were excellent. The location handy to town. The foyer was spectacular.

Fantastic roof top bar view!
    • Deluxe Front Double Room

we booked a room with harbour view - we got a room on the 2nd floor with view to a wall the pool is full if 5 people are in it - so rather small

Breakfast was fantastic! Pool bar has a great view :-)

The hotel and our room were both really stylish and we loved...
    • Deluxe Back Double Room

The hotel and our room were both really stylish and we loved the way that the hotel was set up. The staff were incredibly helpful and friendly and we really enjoyed our stay there. The hotel is in a great location for accessing the ferries to the Amalfi coast.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Design over substance.
    • Deluxe Front Double Room

Whilst a beautiful hotel, there were many points that made the visit a little disappointing. Bar on top floor was closed for a private function. The pool is designed so so badly they should rip it out and start again. Due to the underwater seats and blocks, you cannot swim, in addition it must be heated as it was boiling hot - too hot to even sit in the water. The bathroom is badly designed - water goes everywhere even just washing your teeth, the electronic curtains need much time and effort - why cant you lift your arm and expend some energy to open the curtains. Shame as overall a good hotel, but too much over designed features that just do not work.

Breakfast is amazing. Staff are excellent. Excellent Negroni served in ground floor bar - excellent bar man, great nibbles - very very good. good bedlinen.

Not suitable for business travellers.
    • Deluxe Front Double Room

I was on a business trip. There was np pressing service or ironing board. There wasn't a proper business centre. The printer didn't work and the staff couldn't find any ink cartridges. The front desk was typically attended by one person and the waiting time was up to 15-20 minutes.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Not a way to run a restaurant that people will return to
    • Deluxe Front Double Room

Japanese restaurant staff far to pleased with themselves food good but service really bad considering not that busy and 4 waiters on duty , had to get my own food from the pass ( really ) while the head waiter watched me while on the phone . They then handled my complaint really badly and couldnot have cared less . They really should be ashamed of themselves .

Check-in staff were very good , super helpful on directions information and guide to Naples really explained it well

很不错
    • Family Suite with Harbour View (2 Adults + 1 Child)

nice location,8 minutes to municipo Metro station 。 large room with comfortable bed。modern electric equipment port view and vesuvius volcano in the vision

Stylish Stay in Napoli
    • Deluxe Front Double Room

My husband and I go to Napoli often and stay at Romeo only. As Napoli and Romeo offer so much, one has to stay for multiple days. Room rates are high.

Romeo maintain high standards for this unique property. I am told that it was designed by Japanese architect Tange and was built with abundant funds. Rooms and hotel decoration are outstanding; and the location is excellent for enjoying city Napoli as well as taking boats out of Napoli. Excellent breakfast is offered over splendid 360 degree views of Napoli. Facilities include spa & various baths, gym, pool and many more. Well trained staff are always ready to serve guests.

If you don't worry about spending money Romeo hotel is a place to stay when you visit Napoli.
    • Deluxe Front Double Room

The swimming pool is no swimming pool. You only can refresh yourself if it is not too crowded! The price of the foof, the wine and the hotel transport service is way too expensive. Regular white taxis cost half the price!

Everything was almost perfect! Very nice staff, very good food, nice breakfast buffet with super view

great relaxing experience.
    • Deluxe Front Double Room

the modern rooms are great but some features are a little irritating. automatic bathroom lighting takes quite long to automatically switch off. especially when you need to pee in the middle of the night...

delicious breakfast, rooms are modern, staff is very helpful and friendly. heated rooftoppool is great, wonderful view! great someone walks you through all room features ;)

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

Great stay in Naples
    • Family Junior Suite (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The guests that stay in the hotel should not be asked to pay to use the spa- especially if they have had expensive treatments before. it is not really busy to have to do that to stop overcrowding- I was alone in it for almost an hour! The location is very good as it is close to the old town centre ( everything is walking distance), but the hotel actually overlooks the commercial port so you are looking at the buildings and shipping containers, not really a sea view( which is a shame as our room had a corner of windows, but no great view). The view is better from the top floors though.

It really is amazing hotel, and they go out of their way to make your stay as good as possible. We used a valet parking service for our rented car and it was excellent (paid for though, and fairly expensive). They were quick with advice of where to go in town, provided maps, gave us complementary fresh fruit and sweets for my son in the room, booked spa treatments at 30 mins notice, were willing to accommodate our son in their Michelin star restaurant with a ' normal dish'... nothing was too difficult. Breakfast buffet was very good and the 9th floor breakfast restaurant is amazing, great way to start the day. We loved the little spa pool on the 9th floor, it was great to jump in after walking around for the whole day.

Good place
    • Junior Suite (3 Adults)

The view of the port is not pleasant. The suite bathroom have one sink only. The breakfast is very limited not much choices. Kids club is very small.

The rooms are nice. The suite size is perfect for family with kids. Very close to boats port to go to Capri.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

Very nice place...very modern.
    • Deluxe Back Double Room

The rooms were not intuitive. Many light switches to control many lights. The rooms were also very hot...and the A/C unit would not switch from heat to AC. Several other people in my party also expressed similar complaints.

The staff was great...very accommodating

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Perfect location, fantastic view, enjoyable spa, good...
    • Deluxe Front Double Room

Room was too hot even after turning off the aircon

Perfect location, fantastic view, enjoyable spa, good breakfast, awesome lobby area, nice sushi bar.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

location to port and train station, facilities, suite
    • Wellness Suite

a little more than we usually spend on hotel rooms, but we enjoyed the suite and it was a fair price for how nice the suite was

location to port and train station, facilities, suite

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

It was a wonderful experience

Breakfast was wonderful and room facilities were excellent too

New and stylish hotel, stuff on the reception speaks English...
    • Deluxe Back Double Room

New and stylish hotel, stuff on the reception speaks English and was very helpful. Rooms not very big but its almost everywhere in Naples.

Expensive yet unique

noisy hall way and no sleep after 8am

the facility, design and modern layout hotel, great location

• Deluxe Front Double Room

Bit Pricey for food & drinks . However the food was of a very good standard.

Bathroom, Did not like the shower set up.

Room ,Clean & spacious. General décor in the Hotel.

Comfortable room with excellent sound proofing from noisy...

14 euros for a cuppa by the pool same price as a G&T

Comfortable room with excellent sound proofing from noisy street outside

coming back

all was pretty amazing

truly great place

Good location for travelling
    • Deluxe Back Double Room

Didn’t like the rooms lay out and hotel interior decoration

The location was perfect in front of the port , customer service was amazing

Food was deliish great stay loved the wellness suite

Food was deliish great stay loved the wellness suite

• Deluxe Back Double Room

Amazing views during breakfast.
    • Deluxe Back Double Room

Mish mash of style... really bizzare interior design. Very small bathroom.

Amazing views during breakfast...

Everything is good ❤

Everything is good ❤

comfortable beds, clean and modern bathroom, stylish lobby...
    • Deluxe Front Double Room

at night it was noisy in corridor and doors are too noise conductive.

comfortable beds, clean and modern bathroom, stylish lobby bar.

Design, breakfast

Design, breakfast

try the G&T's.
    • Wellness Suite

try the G&T's.....also great location for the ferry....

Wonderful!! Exceeds expectations!
    • Deluxe Back Double Room

One of the best hotels, the staff are extremely friendly and helpful, loved the quotes on the cards, the turndown service, the location, the views

Stellar restaurant.
    • Deluxe Front Double Room

Location is very industrial, next to a highway.

Stellar restaurant.

Very run down, dark and uninviting colour s, def not a 5 star
    • Family Suite with Harbour View (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Very slow service inexperienced staff long waiting time to be served

Fantastic

Nothing it was perfect

Great view. Modern glassy hotel. Great location. Fantastic bed.

Superb hotel, perfect location especially for ferries to islands.

Breakfast coffee.

Everything! The nespresso in the rooms is excellent. Coffee for breakfast is bad!

Good hotel adjacent to ferry terminal
    • Deluxe Back Double Room

While hotel is new, top shower did not work.

Good location for ferries. Clean. Hotel staff friendly and helpful

Disaster

Very unfriendly and unprofessional staff

Modern

Hotel fits the bill for an onernight stay in Napoli
    • Deluxe Front Double Room

Napoli isn't the smartest of cities__

Lovely Hotel modern and well appointed inside, beautiful rooms

An excellent hotel located at a short walking distance of the ferry terminal to Procida/Ischia/Capri
    • Deluxe Front Double Room

It was in the industrial harbor, which is noisy and dirty

It was close to the ferry terminal for Procida

Location safe , great staff , modern look , overall very...
    • Deluxe Front Double Room

Bed was not very confortable

Location safe , great staff , modern look , overall very good hotel