Reviews of Hotel Rondanino 2 stars

Via Rondanino 1, 22024 Lanzo dʼIntelvi, Italy

#4 of 6 hotels in Lanzo dʼIntelvi

WiFi could have been better in our room. But it was good in the public area.

The location was fantastic, tucked away off the beaten track, quiet. Very friendly, clean and comfortable. Good local knowledge and advice on where to go. The restaurant was awesome, interesting menu, lovely food, reasonable prices. Thank you for teaching us how to order coffee in Italy - we made very good use of your advice.

Triple rooms are dark (no natural light). No elevator (a bit hard to carry the luggage).

the breakfast, the view; the suggestions given by the staff for our trip

The bedding was clean and tidy but I'd have liked to have seen new modern matching bedding (duvets and sheet) . I'd have liked to have seen some tea and coffee in the room also but this is only a guide to what is simply a lovely family bed and breakfast high in the mountains.

Loved how the accomodation was authentically original and a time capsule of genuine family and mountain hospitality and rural beauty, the place is utterly embedded in an incredible environment. Lovely lovely hosts. Highly recommend this to find authentic local hospitality and a very warm comfy friendly welcome and stay.

I like the vintage style and I am not pretentious but the furniture in the room is really 70ies reassembled style :P

Despite the vintage style of the room, I am more than satisfied with the place. The staff is outstanding, friendly chatty and knowledgeable. In this hotel they are very accommodating to the clients, for instance I asked to change room from the twin I booked to a double and I was given a double without any additional cost. I showed up at breakfast 30mins later and my breakfast was waiting for me and so on :) The location is superb if you are looking for quietness and relax. The restaurant serves good family style food and good wine. The matres is sufficiently hard and the bed is not noisy (and trust me this is not a given, not even in more modern looking places in the area)

Nothing we have no complaints

Warm , helpful and friendly hosts, comfortable and clean room with a view towards the mountains , fresh breakfast, and also helpful with recommending nearby tourist attractions, loved this place and am coming back 😊

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Nothing to add.

It was excellent experience to stay in Hotel Rondanino. We arrived late evening (11:30pm), but we had been met by the host very gently. She cooked amazing dinner for us. The hotel's atmosphere is like "Old Italy house" with very elegant interior. Mountain view is breathtaking. Warm regards, Evgeny.

As I said, it is secluded, so it takes a bit of effort to initially find it, but worth the effort 10/10

This is an amazing wee gem, high in the hills, secluded from normal life as we know it, quiet, a haven from the hussle and bussle. It is the kind of location you could imagine that you did not have to back to work, and maybe just stay here forever. It has this quaint old farmhouse feel, yet has all the facilities of the modern world. I stayed there for five days, and the staff encouraged my initiation to the Italian language. In another couple of months......who knows??

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• Quadruple Room

No lift. The room on the 4th floor with a very small top window. Small bathroom with an average shower. For the brakfast was a cup of tea/coffee, bread/crackers and some jam. Pretty average in total.

Good atmosphere. Helpful staff. Nice terrace. Restaurant with fire place and good food.

WiFi wasn’t reachable in our room

Amazing view from our room, friendly English speaking staff, fair breakfast. Best hotel I have tried so far

Very nice place with excellent views and stuff.

It was tired

Locatio

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

Bathroom very small and breakfast a bit poor.

Great location, great staff and clean room.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

Without air conditioning it was difficult to sleep.

Small family hotel with very friendly owners. Fantastic location in the mountains.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2015

it's better to arrive by daylight because the streets go very high, we arrived in the dark with rain and fog, so we could not see well

the stuff is very very friendly, great and delicious food, the room is small but very comfortable

• Reviewed: 19 May 2015

The info regarding location must be read-our mistake in not doing this meant a a wasted hour trying to find the Albergo.

Wonderfull location surrounded by green hillsides with a real country feel.The staff were so helpfull and made our stay extra special.The evening meal was very good and not expensive

• Reviewed: 13 May 2016

The food was mediocre, but considering the price, it was ok.

Nice and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2015

Peaceful place, to escape the hottest days in the city. Host is very friendly and helpful.

There are also 4 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.