Reviews of Hotel Russo Palace 4 stars

Riviera San Nicolo 11/A, 30126 Venice-Lido, Italy

#15 of 35 hotels in Venice-Lido

Calm before the storm
    • Double Room with Lagoon View

Seems a pretty petty complaint and not even hotels fault I guess but tree in front of hotel spoils what is a pretty special view over the lagoon towards San Marco.larger fridge in room would be nice.Room not ready on arrival but complimentary drink supplied whilst waiting so all was well.

Great location,warm and friendly welcome, very nice breakfast although repetitive. Towels and linen changed daily.

My stay would have been more comfortable if I had stayed in a real 4 star standard hotel
    • Double Room with Lagoon View

The air conditioning was hopeless. The room was hot. Unfortunately the managing team didn’t accept and was in denial and was in fact quite annoyed.I even decided to change the hotel straight away because staying in a hot room for 3 nights was not tolerable for me and my husband. They defended themselves by saying that no one else had complained !!!!!! Ultimately they offered us a TABLE FAN so we could survive the heat. I complained about room lighting as well but no one bothered. Paying a good money for a so called 4 star and not having a functioning air conditioning system(one of the mentioned room facilities on their website)in the heat of 35+c, in unfortunately not good. They said the system is old and every room is going to be the same!!!!! No excuse. Then REPAIR or REPLACE the cooling system !!!!!! My next leg of trip was Milan where I stayed in a real 4 star hotel with excellent air conditioning, appropriate room lightening and very cooperative management. If a hotel is old and dated, they should renovate it first and provide the guests all the facilities they claim, otherwise don’t give hard time to people who choose the best hotels and pay a lot of money to have the best of everything including a cool, comfortable night sleep!

Breakfast was very nice. ladies who cleaned the room were very friendly. The sea view from the room was fantastic.

Lovely stay at Russo Palace
    • Economy Double Room

No shower in our room but a very big bath with a shower head. Rooms are basic but we didn’t spend much time in there.

The location was great, just under a 10 minute walk from the water bus station and only 10mins by water bus to Venice. Lido has lots of restaurants, shops and a nice beach. Staff were so friendly and nothing was too much trouble. A special thank you to Carlotta in reception for helping sort out our surprise cake! Our room was a decent size, very comfortable bed.

This is a beautiful small Boutique Hotel on the Lido coast...

This is a beautiful small Boutique Hotel on the Lido coast with a fabulous view of Venice. I recommend a room with balcony. Breakfast was great and the manager Stephano was excellent and so helpful in every way. Thank you, Stephano!!! And yes we did make our train on the day of the regatta.

Unhappy ending
    • Economy Double Room

Unfortunately, something was taken from our room on the last night of our stay, which is suprising because this hotel kept the key to our room at the front desk. Although the manager and staff were apologetic, they also seemed to imply that leaving anything valuable in our locked room (for 2 hours in the early evening, long after housekeeping had cleaned the room) was our fault for not using the small room safe or for not inquiring about the missing item sooner (although we reported/asked about it that night as soon as we realized it was not in the room). The item had some monetary but mostly sentimental value, and sadly this experience made us feel less safe/trusting. This was a very unhappy ending to what would have been a pleasant stay. We would like to stay optimistic, however, and hope that one day the item will find its way back to us.

The manager and staff were friendly and welcoming, the room was clean, and the wifi connection was good.

Pleasant relaxed atmosphere with beautiful view of Venice.

Bikes available to use:)

The staff was so attentive and pleasant. The view from the breakfast room and the cleanliness was top rate. The location on the Lido and relaxed nature, was a wonderful surprise.

We had a wonderful stay at this hotel, we chose the room...
    • Double Room with Lagoon View

We had a wonderful stay at this hotel, we chose the room with the balcony and lagoon views which were amazing to wake up to every morning. The staff were really lovely and so helpful. I arranged for a birthday and and balloons for my boyfriends birthday and it was brilliant, they make so much effort for us. The location is great only 10 minutes walk along the water to catch the water taxis over to Venice. We loved staying on Lido, there are so many restaurants and shops, all you could need just 20 minuets away from Venice. We ate most evenings back in Lido as you don’t feel like you’re being ripped off with the prices. The Villa Laguna restaurant has the most amazing sunset views!! We will most defiantly be coming back soon!!

It was enjoyable and I would totally come back.

The room was a bit small or smaller than I expected so I would recommend the deluxe twin room for a couple.

The hotel was quit near the vaporetto station and could be reached by foot. The breakfast was delicious and the staff was very nice and helpful always.

Very nice

Location is very nice, but not in the main land. So you'll need to take a boat each time yoy want to go to the main land, (consider buying a transport pass". Then either to take the bus to the hotel or walk for 10 mins. Room had some issues that needs fixing: Our room window had a problem when opening and closing, one of the electricity plugs beside beds was not working, so all electronics were beside me.l, shower handle was lose and keeps turning when opening the water. We had no bin o. Oir rokm, only small one in the bathroom. I would prefer if it was cleaner

It's beautiful, quite (lido island), staff are very friendly and helpful, beautiful rooms, space is great

Fantastic staff, lovely clean hotel and amazing location

The staff were so lovely and friendly. They were on reception 24 hours a day and were happy to help with any questions we had. They also packed us up a breakfast for when we checked out as we would have left before breakfast started. The hotel is also a short walk from the boat terminal so really convenient location.

.fantastic .would go back
    • Economy Double Room

very friendly,very comfortable bed.nice bar. brilliant breakfast with so much choise. nice to be on sea front with outside tables and chairs.Good location easy 10 min walk to water bus.very clean

Perfect!

The room temperature was difficult to keep cool. For us, the aircon allbeit out of season would have been a bonus. Like most hotels, this is a centrally heated warm building.

EVERYTHING WAS FIRST CLASS! The staff, the location, the room, the view, the breakfast. the total experience was positive and exceeded our expectations. We had two special requests which were dealt with positively and immediately.

I don't think I could have made a better choice. It was all I expected at a very reasonable price.

I was delighted with every aspect of the hotel. It was super clean and comfortable, and the staff were friendly, polite and helpful, and all spoke good English. The buffet breakfast was excellent.

Overall staff and facilities were great, just unfortunately there was no heat.

It was very cold at the time in Venice and they did not have heating, and they were not able to provide to me with the heater temporarily. However, they did give me an extra blanket, but I could not sit and enjoy my room because it was too cold..

I liked the room, but had to pay extra for the balcony.

Would never return does not make staying away from mainland worthwhile at all.
    • Economy Double Room

I didn't like that there was no heating, there are charges which they do not make clear such as laundry. Mostly the heating was the main issue. The walls are quite thin and being quite a distance from mainland Venice I would not advise to stay here as it wouldn't be the greatest compromise. Definitely a self proclaimed four star.

We liked the size and cleanliness of the bathroom. The staff are generally friendly. Maids do a good job with cleaning also.

Good value for money, would recommend if arriving to Venice late.

TV turned itself on a couple of times which was odd...we just ended up unplugging it entirely.

Good breakfast, overall good value for money - we arrived late at night & was easy enough to get the water boat to the island & take a short walk to the hotel. Easy to get to the main island the following morning for the rest of our trip.

Hotel looks nice but wait until you see the room. You won’t return.
    • Economy Double Room

Uncomfortable room. It was in loft space. Could not stand up in large parts of room due to sloping ceilings. Jacuzzi bath did not work. Room decor very 1980’s. Banged my head on a number of occasions. I am only 5.7”

Staff - very friendly. Breakfast - large selection. Good location. Very quiet

Pleasant location on the Lido waterside overlooking Venice.....10 minute walk to the water busses.
    • Double Room with Lagoon View

Noisy and ineffective air conditioning with a broken control panel. I was told it was serviceable. It certainly was not! Breakfast was poor for a 4-star hotel. I would not choose a room without a balcony.

If you have a balcony room, then there's a wonderful view

The stay at the hotel was nice but not much to do in the island...
    • Double Room with Lagoon View

The room abit small, but sweet.. Miskitos in the whole island evening time.

The Stuff, beautiful welcoming, friendly, smiling :) , the hotel old school style, intimate, lovely.. view from our room balcony..

Magical
    • Double Room with Lagoon View

Maybe an iron but not important As we had to use the laundry service

The room was lovely with a view over the Laguna The staff we're friendly and helpful All excellent

The hotel is very nice, it is in a good location - near to...

The bed was too soft.

The hotel is very nice, it is in a good location - near to the beach, but quiet place.. The staff was very nice. The breakfast was good too. I recommend the hotel.

We had a lovely time at the hotel and we would definitely recommend this hotel.
    • Economy Double Room

Wifi could be improved as there were times when we couldn't get access. We would have appreciated a fan to supplement the air condition.

The hotel was in a beautiful location and the lake views were stunning. We loved the fact that we had access to both the Lido or the beach, both walking distance from the hotel. The staff were welcoming and efficient. Everyday our room was cleaned very well. We had a really comfortable bed. The breakfast was really great with lots of choice. We liked it that the hotel was small and quite intimate.

Nice location, super breakfast on the terrace opposite...

NOTHING!!!!!

Nice location, super breakfast on the terrace opposite Venice( Piazza San Marco....). Comfortable room with a big shared terrace next to the lagoon..... Staff was kind, very polite and helpful.

The breakfast was outstanding, much better than we expected.
    • Economy Double Room

We stayed in a room on the corner on the top floor. The roof line caused our ceiling to be lower in some places. I am 6 foot tall and that caused me to bump my head until I learned to duck!

The breakfast was outstanding, much better than we expected. The hotel staff were great.

Peace and quite :-) stunning location
    • Double Room with Lagoon View

Staff was very friendly. Our room had big windows and amazing view. Location easily accessible. Close to Venice and just a few minutes walk to the lido beach. Breakfast was very good as well and served till 10 - there were tables outside the restaurant so you could enjoy your meal while looking at the lagoon and passing boats.

True Italian Atmosphere
    • Economy Double Room

Perfect location, beautiful view from the terrace with breakfast (in case you eat outside). Easy to reach from the Airport (~58 minutes on Vaporetto to Lido), close to the vaporetto station. Location: 7 minutes on foot to the beach. Beautiful rooms, true Italian atmosphere. Loved everything!

The location and view are perfect.
    • Economy Double Room

The room was a bit small, but it was clean and comfortable.

The location and view are perfect. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet had a lot of choices.

Beautiful Hotel on Lido
    • Double Room with Lagoon View

Wifi was spotty and walls were a bit thin. Everything else was great.

Everyone was very nice and the hotel was picturesque. Was a little pricey but we were happy with the accommodations. The walls were a bit thin so we heard our neighbors arrive but it was only once at night. The wifi was spotty in our room. The hotel may need an extender. Still, very happy with our accommodations.

Nice breakfast
    • Economy Double Room

Room was very dated and very smelly from the drains in the shower:(hair dryer wasnt working! We stayed on the 4th floor the sealing was so low that it was impossible to stand up properly.

Nice breakfast

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Very Comfortable and enjoyable stay.
    • Double Room with Lagoon View

Have no complaints as all was good:)!

As this trip was to celebrate my 60th we booked a room overlooking the Lagoon with a balcony which was lovely. The Balcony was great for relaxing on after walking about all day, somewhere to chill and admire the view of Venice from the other side of the Lagoon. The staff were very helpful and the bed was comfortable and the room was very clean with sheets and towels changed daily. I would recommend this hotel to all but would point out that it is an 8 minute walk from the river bus station and main restaurants. There is a sandy beach on the other side of the Lido which is easy to walk to, it is clean and ideal for those who want both a city break and beach location.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Room was nice, clean with wonderful view to Venetian lagoon.
    • Economy Double Room

Room was nice, clean with wonderful view to Venetian lagoon. Staff in hotel was really kind and helpful. Hotel is located close to vaporetto station, just a few minutes of a nice walk. We really enjoyed our time in Venice and evening escapes to quiet Lido :o).

Best starting point if you want to visit Venice
    • Economy Double Room

We booked the Economy Double Room, which was at the attic of the building and the only thing we didn't like was the soundproofing. If you're a light sleeper like myself, you might find the noise from the boats travelling around quite disturbing.

We can't say enough about how happy we were with our choice to stay at Russo Palace. First of all, there's the price. You can stay here, pay less than in Venice and buy a public transportation pass which takes you to Venice in around 15 minutes (plus 10 minutes walking distance from the hotel to the boat station). We paid around 27EUR/person for a 3-day pass and had access to all public transportation (we even used this to get to Murano and Burano islands). The staff was really friendly, the room was ok even though there were a couple of things that needed fixing (not worth mentioning) and the best thing of all was the breakfast. I would certainly book a room here again if I were to go back to Venice.

it was nice, clean, easy to get to and the staff was very...
    • Economy Double Room

there was a strange smell in the room, especially in the bathroom. something humid. apart from that, everything was just fine.

it was nice, clean, easy to get to and the staff was very helpful. good breakfast also. away from all the noise, but close to the waterbus stop and the beach. reaching st. mark's square in 15 minute.

• Reviewed: 1 April 2017

The breakfast is plentiful and delicious.

The sink in the bathroom is difficult to use. Whenever I wash my hand, the water easily run out on the floor.

The breakfast is plentiful and delicious. The room is clean and comfortable.

Good location and staff, ask for type of room
    • Economy Double Room

Rooms at 4th floor are attics so can barely stay standing up, specially in bathroom in which you cannot shower but bath. This fact should be addressed upfront

Great location, nice staff and good breakfast

Little things letting you down
    • Double Room with Lagoon View

Room was too hot and air conditioner wasn't working. It was the heating on too high as opposed to the sun too hot as it was February. Resolved it by opening balcony door and bathroom window but then you get road noise at morning time

Pancakes at breakfast were nice

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Very quiet location and quite nice but varied room quality
    • Economy Double Room

Clearer that economy rooms either top floor with no window view and sloping ceilings or ground floor with little light and window bars/or internal facing.

Water-front location, quiet, nice breakfast

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Very helpful and friendly staff

No Individual bedside lights. No available socket under/behind the table holding the coffee/tea things. Cars race past the hotel 24/7- makes it noisey if you're on low floors. Should have stayed on top floor ?

Very helpful and friendly staff

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

Perfect hotel for someone in a wheelchair. Such nice people.
    • Economy Double Room

Our room was on the first floor and very small with no view.

We loved the location on Lido. The breakfast room was perfect and it included so much food. The cappuccino as perfect and they served a nice gluten free bread.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

Great location, if you get the room at the front side you...
    • Economy Double Room

Great location, if you get the room at the front side you will enjoy fantastic view- the sea, Venice, the Alps...just amazing. The staff is very friendly and professional and breakfast are rich and tasty.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

not good value for money
    • Economy Double Room

tiny room, broken things in the room (doorframe, window blind, flush button on toilet), kettle provided in the room had a different plug socket to the electric sockets so was unusable, faded and stained carpets

Awesome staff
    • Economy Double Room

Great view and location. Helpful and very friendly staff.

All the people on site were terrific and the front desk...
    • Economy Double Room

All the people on site were terrific and the front desk staff were truly superb, helpful in every way!

Convenience to boats

Convenience to boats

Location and staff were amazing, fantastic holiday, would definitely recommend

No complaints at all

Location was amazing as was the view, we were upgraded to a room with a balcony overlooking Venice

Good value for short stay to explore the city.
    • Economy Double Room

Staff was pleasant ad helpful.

Far away from the tourist attractions.
    • Economy Double Room

Far away from the tourist attractions.

Friendly staff

Friendly staff

Very pleasant hotel.
    • Economy Double Room

Not as described a good ten minutes walk from the water bus stop/town centre.

Lovely breakfast friendly staff very clean and good value.

Very enjoyable stay at the Russo Place Hotel. Venice is stunning and Lido island so relaxing.
    • Economy Double Room

Smell coming frim bathroom drains.

Lovely breakfast, great views from hotel. Lovely friendly staff.

Short stay on Venice lido at Russo palace hotel.

Clean , lovely facilities. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Very nice view from balcony, good quality furniture

Breakast a bit poor

Very nice view from balcony, good quality furniture

Excellent base for exploring Venice
    • Double Room with Lagoon View

Very helpful and friendly staff.

Value for money

Mosquitos! Spray urself!

Proximity to beach and other amenities staff were very helpful

Beautiful location|

Beautiful location|

vary bad im not recommen it
    • Economy Double Room

they gave me a room on the roof and it was very tiny with a very bad AC And big roof window whick make the room more hot

Lido and lagoon!

Nice tidy hotel. Good view to the lagoon. Quiet surroundings. Friendly staff. Clean room.

A perfect choice, can't beat the view!

Very helpful staff!

look no further just book it. you will not be disappointed.

Stadff very friendly and helpful. Beautiful room with a veiw. Best breakfast ever.

Very nice and kind staff, we got a room view on the channel

The room was quite small

Very nice and kind staff, we got a room view on the channel

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

superb stay!!

Loved everything! Absolutely great stay! Lovely and friendly staff! Excellent breakfast!

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Great location, friendly helpful staff.

Great location with stunning views of Venice! Would stay there again.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

good breakfast

good breakfast

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

The best breakfast ever 😋

The best breakfast ever 😋

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

We had a great time. The hotel was good for the money that I spend. Nice staff and lovely venue.
    • Double Room with Lagoon View

I would suggest to put some extra toilet cortesie service such as slippers

Very nice view from the window. The staff was friendly

Excellent stay in Venice-Lido
    • Economy Double Room

The staff have exceptional customer service

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Can't go wrong here.

Quiet location yet very accessible to all the main sights.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

View and staff x

View and staff x

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

Staff very helpful

Staff very helpful

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Cozy place with wondering people

Not much

Very friendly and helpful staff.

Saudi traveller

Poor Wifi- no car parking

Breakfast is wosom and location

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

Very good hotel to stay with excelent sea view
    • Double Room with Lagoon View

Very good hotel to stay with excelent sea view from the balcony and also straight from the bed. Friendly service.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2016

The friendly and helping staff.

Didn't have any.

The friendly and helping staff. Cleanliness, Breakfast, overall it was an amazing stay. The beautiful Sea view was great. I would highly recommend this place for a stay in Venice!

• Reviewed: 10 May 2016

Staff on reception was very quick and precise in answers -...

Fully self-service breakfast with no personalized touch. Coffee-machine coffee is not great at all.

Staff on reception was very quick and precise in answers - exactly what you need for overnight stay.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2016

The lagoon view is amazing.

We stated here as the description led us to believe there was a spa at the hotel. There isn't! It's a ten minute walk away. Also we were on honeymoon and requested a double room, we had 2 single beds pushed together. They kept coming apart, not what you want on your honeymoon! Also they were not very comfortable.

The lagoon view is amazing. The staff were very friendly and the breakfast was good.

There are also 28 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Hotel Russo Palace traveller photo gallery